Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

1boredcanadian

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by 1boredcanadian »

Sorrow: I watched this live when it happened. Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon died Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway after his car became ensnarled in a fiery 15-car pileup, flew over another vehicle and landed in a catch fence just outside turn 2. :cry:

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/indy ... s-in-crash

Joy: I may buy Forza 4. :D

Mild annoyance: There is a mosquito in my room and I can't catch him. :x
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: the Cardinals make it to the World Series! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:Joy: the Cardinals make it to the World Series! :D
I'm rooting for them purely out of spite for the rangers!!!!!!!!!!

Joy:Almost ready to go print off my paper I've been working on this weekend
sorrow:Class is in 4 hrs and I haven't slept, I have a russian test to study for tonight, and a 6:30 am shift tomorrow

Bring on them redbulls!!!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Sorrow: I'm certain that I can't feel any lower or more worthless then I do now

Sorrow: Something terrible happened to a friend of mine and I feel so guilty even though it had nothing to do with me.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

zeldakeeper wrote:Sorrow: I'm certain that I can't feel any lower or more worthless then I do now

Sorrow: Something terrible happened to a friend of mine and I feel so guilty even though it had nothing to do with me.
*hugs* Don't worry, if it wasn't your fault, then you shouldn't feel guilty. Just pray for your friend, and let them know you're going to be there for them. And you're not worthless. Not at all. I'll pray for you and your friend, and I suggest you do the same.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

zeldakeeper wrote:Sorrow: I'm certain that I can't feel any lower or more worthless then I do now

Cheer up, it'll get better!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Joy: I just bought a pair of glasses I don't even need for $90! :D :lol: :D
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: Whitewhine reminds me of my terrible economic situation. Why can't I complain like them?!?!

Joy: listening to Smile Like you Mean it and smiling as if I meant it.
Sent from my conifer.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

JOY!-
I had a LOT of fun with my friends last weekend! Man, I needed that.

Sorrow-
No Internet for a couple of days (Not a big deal... almost)
It`s kinda of a big deal because this week I am full of homework. GODDANGIT!

Joy-
Internet cafe`s.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Joy: My friend, might become something more :D
ImageImageImage
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

joy
aced my russian test today!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Sorrow: I just now had a horribly demonic experience and I am crying out of fear. My computer screen flashed and then the same face that always torments me in my night terrors popped up. It was so horrifying, I need to go. It was so scary I'm actually crying right now. I've never been so scared in my life, this face always torments me in my night terrors, and now I'm seeing it while I'm awake holy crap. I am shaking so badly right now, I'm crying, and I don't know what to do dear God help me!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE, I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, HOLY CRAP!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Mettlebird wrote:Sorrow: I just now had a horribly demonic experience and I am crying out of fear. My computer screen flashed and then the same face that always torments me in my night terrors popped up. It was so horrifying, I need to go. It was so scary I'm actually crying right now. I've never been so scared in my life, this face always torments me in my night terrors, and now I'm seeing it while I'm awake holy crap. I am shaking so badly right now, I'm crying, and I don't know what to do dear God help me!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE, I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, HOLY CRAP!!!
that... that sounds like a serious problem. did this really happen and it was a coincidence that it was the same face? is someone messing with you? or are you seeing things, because that could be a sign of a serious mental health issue. or maybe you're sleep deprived or maybe you're taking medications that are reacting badly.
no matter what, this seems like a serious issue. you should probably figure out what's going on.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Mettlebird wrote:Sorrow: I just now had a horribly demonic experience and I am crying out of fear. My computer screen flashed and then the same face that always torments me in my night terrors popped up. It was so horrifying, I need to go. It was so scary I'm actually crying right now. I've never been so scared in my life, this face always torments me in my night terrors, and now I'm seeing it while I'm awake holy crap. I am shaking so badly right now, I'm crying, and I don't know what to do dear God help me!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE, I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, HOLY CRAP!!!
that... that sounds like a serious problem. did this really happen and it was a coincidence that it was the same face? is someone messing with you? or are you seeing things, because that could be a sign of a serious mental health issue. or maybe you're sleep deprived or maybe you're taking medications that are reacting badly.
no matter what, this seems like a serious issue. you should probably figure out what's going on.
No, I've had a problem with demons for a while (I'm souding crazy, but i'm not!!) whenever I'm home alone, tehre is a HUGE bang on my house, and I see a shadow standing in the little grove behind my house! It's real, my animals ALL go freaking psycho when it happens, my birds go nuts in the cage, my cats hiss and fluff up!!! Now I started to hear whisperes in my ear at night saying my name, and my cat fluffs up and runs away when it happens! I hear footsteps at night, and my parents tell me to quit pacing the hallway!!! Now that face.. it's harassing me while i'm awake. I am shalking so badly I can hardly type, and i am crying uncontrollably. I've never been so scared in my life, holy crap...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

demons, eh? that's an even bigger problem. especially when other people don't believe the only one who knows what's going on. then you can't get an exorcist.

in case it wasn't obvious, that was not a joke. I believe in demons and ghosts and the like. every show about haunted houses has that one person who is loke "it's not ghosts. ghosts aren't real" until the problem is too great to ignore. those people are jerks.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

They-they won't leave me alone! My mom chooses not to believe me, she says it's because I'm letting it happen! OH YES, I'M SIMPLY LOVING THIS SHEER TERROR! I have nowhere to turn, my mom says that it's me, not the house, and i know that! It doesn't happen to anyone else, yet when it happens to me, it effects other people! So I know I'm not crazy! Others are seeing the effects, or hearing the footsteps, my cats and birds totally spas out when the banging happens on my house, and my cat runs away all fluffed up when the whispering happens! My stepdad doesn't believe me, he thinks I'm being an attention hog! I can't tell people at school, they'll think I'm nuts! Where do I have to go? If I go and tell someone at church, they'll come to do an exorcism, but my parents won't let them!!! I'm stuck with this, and I'm scared for my life! It's getting worse and worse! I'm afraid that they'll start hurting me! They already shake my mattress as I'm about to fall asleep on occasion, so they can affect me physically! I'm scared out of my mind, because I know it's not in my head! I don't know what to do! I'm going to end up going crazy if this doesn't stop!!! *cries uncontrollably out of terror*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mettlebird wrote:They already shake my mattress as I'm about to fall asleep on occasion, so they can affect me physically!
well the rest of it seems terrible, but that one may just be one of those sensory hallucinations that happens as you drift off to sleep.

but yes, it seems like you're in quite the pickle. my best suggestion is to see if the church can do an exorcism on just you and not the house and see if it helps.
also, never watch Paranormal Activity. it will just make your terror worse.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Paranormal Activity.
THAT'S WHAT GOT ME INTO THIS MESS. EVER SINCE I WATCHED THAT MOVIE THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

No offense, you might just be paranoid. Take some time for yourself, and think, I could almost say you probably not have anything to worry about, to be scared of but then again, I'm not experiencing this.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I knew it sounded familiar.

It may in fact be demons, it's a very distinct possibility, but seeing as how it started after you saw that movie, it's just as likely that you could be overreacting to some things and imagining others.

or you could have a brain problem that's messing with your perception. that's also possible. (may want to see if that's the problem, because it would be a pretty big health issue.)

whatever it is, I hope you get through it harm free.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

I just recently went through a battery of neurological tests, and they found that I have a very severe panic disorder, but nothing that would cause hallucinations. (And for some reason, some of what I'm posting is getting deleted... Am I doing something wrong? I don't get any warnings or anything, they just disappear!)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't see any indication that your posts have been deleted or edited.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Mettlebird wrote:I just recently went through a battery of neurological tests, and they found that I have a very severe panic disorder, but nothing that would cause hallucinations. (And for some reason, some of what I'm posting is getting deleted... Am I doing something wrong? I don't get any warnings or anything, they just disappear!)

Well, I would suggest staying away from horror/scary movies for a while, and anything that might associate with this demon fellow thing, take it easy for a while!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Mettlebird wrote:I just recently went through a battery of neurological tests, and they found that I have a very severe panic disorder, but nothing that would cause hallucinations. (And for some reason, some of what I'm posting is getting deleted... Am I doing something wrong? I don't get any warnings or anything, they just disappear!)
not to be rude, but that could be leading to you imagining things
whatever it is I wish you the best of luck

Joy:randomly got asked by a friend if I wanted to see deadmau5 thursday
so uh
that's where I'll be thursday night
:D
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Sorrow:
I have a Mac os x Tiger (by now very old) with rainbow lines invading the right side of
the screen, no working cd drive, broken graphics card and broken iSight cam.
Also, other people can make comics with digital equipment I can't afford...
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: Reading Mettle's sorrows scared me :shock: :cry:
Sent from my conifer.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

@Mettle

That's pretty weird...I have a friend who's pretty good with stuff like this I'll see what he can do. I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts .-. Some of the stories I hear are a load of crap like "crazy ladies in white" oh uh huh sure.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Alex

Post by Alex »

@Mettlebird - I'm really sorry that you are so scared recently. Because too much fear can lead to big health issues.
However, you say that you had these troubles ever since you saw that movie. It is most likely that that's the reason why all the things have happened to you - you're scared, paranoid, your subconsciousness is creating all those hallucinations. But when you think about it, are they really hallucinations? You say your cat hisses when you hear whispering. Are you sure it's not the other way around? Maybe you hear "whispering" because your cat hisses, which would be an illusion caused by paranoia. You hear hissing, misinterpret it as whispering, and then you see your cat acting weird. And no, you can't know for sure if you're right, or if I'm right. The brain is a weird thing, and you just can't be sure, even if the whispering came 10 minutes before the hissing. And that face on your screen - I'm pretty sure you didn't look at it for too long. How can you be sure it wasn't your own reflection? Again, illusion caused by paranoia could make it look like incredibly scary.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you're crazy. All I'm saying is that everything that has happened to you can be explained by everyday things going on, but misinterpreted wrong. You must try and relax. If this continues, you should get help. My recommendation would be psychological help (Again, please don't get me wrong - going to a psychologist doesn't mean you're insane), instead of an exorcist, but it's up to you. Best of luck in fixing this problem!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Sorrow: Feels like the music thread is only composed of metalheads and dubstep haters.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: There exists a wide variety of music that allows everyone to have their own favorites to enjoy.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Sorrow: Mettle's life makes me sad.
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Tattorack wrote:Sorrow: Mettle's life makes me sad.
Don't compare lives with anyone. It only makes you feel bad. Yes, I've had a rough go of it, but don't let it affect you.

Joy: I had a great therapy session today, and I feel great!!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Joy: my (going to be) poster is coming to life.......... no one would know what I'm talking about......

(
Yes, I've had a rough go of it, but don't let it affect you.
I had my own terrible slice of life, some of witch is too mature to talk about)
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Tattorack wrote:
Yes, I've had a rough go of it, but don't let it affect you.
(I had my own terrible slice of life, some of witch is too mature to talk about
Like I said, do not compare lives with anyone. It will only leave you feeling bad.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

joy:Gonna have a great weekend for once
Deadmau5 tomorrow
one class friday, followed by things I can't mention here and some zombie movies
Going to the football game saturday
sorrow:I've spent most of my paycheck for this week to go to deadmau5 and the game
sorrow:Got the blue screen of death, need to go to the computer store friday and jump through all the hoops to get it replaced.
Last edited by Seth on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Joy:
Helped school getting some funds for some organization that help people with health issues.

Sorrow:
Police sirens are now louder than usual... or the sirens are closer.
I lost the count of police sirens I have been hearing every day for months. Yeah, I hear police sirens EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Welcome to Taco Land.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: I'm Sick
Sorrow: I'm failing a class.
Sorrow: There's water dripping from my ceiling from all this rain.
Sorrow: My best friend is trying to break me up with someone because hes suspicions of her motives. I don't know what his problem is but I'm not mad at him because he actually has a reason.
Sorrow: No matter how many applications I turn in, nobody will hire me. :(
Joy: Done with school for the week.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Joy: I. Have finally started to get courage to do things!
Sorrow: I still have a bit of fear in my heart.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Joy: THE ADOPTION GOES THROUGH ON TUESDAY!!! (my step dad is adopting mee~~~)
Sorrow: I don't think i have that 100 average in math anymore :x
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Numerical methods in biomedical engineering test went really well! No questions on LaGrange multipliers at all! :D