Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"if you intend for me to eat that, I'd prefer to hunt my own meals." then a bird flew by and Samuel grabbed it and put it in his mouth. "the food is more delicious when you work for it."
(raccoon eating a fox? madness. also, you're lucky Samuel's powers didn't just tell him what Taku was thinking. and finally, relax. it was a joke.)
Taku looked up and blinked, "Wow... That was some luck there... It practically flew right into your hand..." he watched Samuel eat it with a bit of confusion, and a tad of disease-weary concern, "I wonder what it was doing here so close to the ground..." he shrugged it off, eating the rodent he'd caught.

"Well now that that's dealt with, let's keep walking..." Taku grabbed another fistfull of berries and started to walk towards his home tree again...
Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Nah, it's fine," Rikki said, "I guess I do kinda miss them, I mean, it was always nice to have someone to sleep next to like that, if you know what I mean... but I mean, I don't really think about it too much... Everyone's gotta leave the people they know eventually, it's just a part of growing up and all that..."
"That's true...", Gladius agreed as a small treetop shelter came into his view. "Is that your house?", he asked as he pointed to the birdwatcher's platform.

(( I'm assuming the forest would have at least one. ))
Rikki blinked at it, "No." he turned right and started walking south, "They built that eyesore last year for the humans who visit the park: we're kinda taking the long route for some reason..."

(( In other words: not anywhere near where Rikki would live. ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki blinked at it, "No." he turned right and started walking south, "They built that eyesore last year for the humans who visit the park: we're kinda taking the long route for some reason..."

(( In other words: not anywhere near where Rikki would live. ))
"No worries, I don't have any plans for the day anyway.", Gladius responded as he followed Rikki south.

(( Yup, I can't do anything but that or I'll be overstepping my bounds with an event already. ))
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku looked up and blinked, "Wow... That was some luck there... It practically flew right into your hand..." he watched Samuel eat it with a bit of confusion, and a tad of disease-weary concern, "I wonder what it was doing here so close to the ground..." he shrugged it off, eating the rodent he'd caught.

"Well now that that's dealt with, let's keep walking..." Taku grabbed another fistfull of berries and started to walk towards his home tree again...
Samuel follwed, grabbing a handful of berries as dessert as he walked away.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Maximus Rex

Post by Maximus Rex »

Sebastian opened the door of his house reluctantly and poked his head out into the world. It was very still and very silent. Nothing out there but the occasional passing car. Well he went out and saw stuff for a moment, and felt rather enlightened by the experience. With a smug smile he pulled his head back in, only to hear his mother call down stairs to him.

"Sebastian! If you do not go out there right now then you can think about spending the rest of the month scrubbing this house to perfection you understand me?"

He rolled his eyes and weighed the two options in his head. Two things he would rather avoid all together. Chores and socialization. Chores meant he could stay home, but outside he didn't have to deal with any nagging.

Meh what's the worst that could happen? he thought to himself.

"Yes Ma'am I understand." Sebastian called back into the house and walked outside ungraciously slamming the door behind him. "Now I need to figure out how to kill a few hours."

He scratched his chin and thought for a moment. He could probably do something at the library. Well if he knew how to get there. The unfortunate thing about never really leaving the house is that one never really learns their way around town. It seemed that his only ticket to an afternoon of nothing was to actually ask around. And to ask around he needed to find people. And a lot of people hang around...

"...that park down the road." Sebastian muttered out loud. The one place he was familiar with. After all he had been there a few times with his mom. With hopes of neighborhood savvy pets, he set off for the local park.
It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
~ Mark Twain

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.

~ Benjamin Franklin

BsM: Sebastian Hattenbach-S4 P6 E8 C3 I10 A6 L5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"No worries, I don't have any plans for the day anyway.", Gladius responded as he followed Rikki south.
(( Yup, I can't do anything but that or I'll be overstepping my bounds with an event already. ))
(( Yeah, lemme just do this. ))
They walked a little while longer, and finally came to a rather large, old looking tree, which had a hole which had grown in it and later been hollowed out further. Leading down from this hole were some carved-in handholds to make climbing easier. The ground had been cleared out around the base, and had some rocks to prevent anything large from growing or burrowing there anytime soon. "Now THAT's where I live!" Rikki said, pointing proudly at the tree.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Samuel follwed, grabbing a handful of berries as dessert as he walked away.
"So..." Taku started chatting again, "What did you live in back where you're from? Burrow? Tree? Makeshift Box?"
Maximus Rex wrote:He scratched his chin and thought for a moment. He could probably do something at the library. Well if he knew how to get there. The unfortunate thing about never really leaving the house is that one never really learns their way around town. It seemed that his only ticket to an afternoon of nothing was to actually ask around. And to ask around he needed to find people. And a lot of people hang around...

"...that park down the road." Sebastian muttered out loud. The one place he was familiar with. After all he had been there a few times with his mom. With hopes of neighborhood savvy pets, he set off for the local park.
Just as Sebastian rounded a corner, he heard a shriek of profanity, and sure enough, a moment later, him, a battered looking skateboard, and a rather hard-core looking black cat were flying through the air. The cat didn't seem to be TOO perturbed by this: after all, this was by no means the first time he had run into something while riding his skateboard. As these things go in a wacky place lie Brookshire Meadows, the cat landed right on top of sebastian. their lips accidentally locking together. Sebastian's view was pretty much filled with the sight of some thick, dark sunglasses. The black cat, being a long-time resident, was pretty used to the writers pulling stuff like this on him, so he just went along with it and took a moment to identify some features of the new pet who he just happened to be smooching with: K, it's a dog. Mos def dog. This a husky of some sort? IDK, pretty fluffy... not on drugs, though I bet he could be on drugs if I wanted him to... Seems a bit squishy and dorky too though, I bet he doesn't get out much, and probably a bit antisocial at that... I should probably pull my lips off of his, before I start reflexively giving him tongue... Yeah, that's a good idea... The notorious, black, punk-rock cat, who's name happened to be SID, unlocked their lips and yoinked his face off of the dog's, hopping to all fours and dismounting the dog onto two. He spat the dog's taste out of his mouth and into the street, "Pth! Ptth! Hey, what the-" he swore a bit here "-are ya blind? What's with you-" he swore a bit there "-pets and always getting in my way?"
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"So..." Taku started chatting again, "What did you live in back where you're from? Burrow? Tree? Makeshift Box?"
"I had a burrow. sometimes I just slept in the woods, but my burrow was a haven when the weather was unfavorable."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:They walked a little while longer, and finally came to a rather large, old looking tree, which had a hole which had grown in it and later been hollowed out further. Leading down from this hole were some carved-in handholds to make climbing easier. The ground had been cleared out around the base, and had some rocks to prevent anything large from growing or burrowing there anytime soon. "Now THAT's where I live!" Rikki said, pointing proudly at the tree.
"~♪", Gladius couldn't help but whistle. "In terms of architecture, this surpasses even some standard human homes I've seen.", he said silently while he noted the structure down. "So was this your own work?", he suddenly asked Rikki while continuing to note down details.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

razgriz wrote:
D-Singer wrote:Acer took a second to look over Max before shaking paws with him. “I guess I’m not alone then. I was just taking a walk to get to know this neighborhood better. Is your friend over there new too? Maybe we could all go together?”
"The cat?" Max said, turning to face PeterRabbit, "no, he's been around, but the mouse over there with him is with me." He paused and turned to face Acer, "I would though, be happy to explore the area with you. I was up to the same thing, this park here was my first stop."
“Well, I’m going to see more of the neighborhood now, If you and your friend want to come let’s go.” Acer turned while still looking over his shoulder to Max and Peter.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Yea, I'll come along, just gotta get Nate" Max said, quickly running over to Peter Rabbit. "We're gonna go explore. Are you coming with?"
Last edited by razgriz on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maximus Rex

Post by Maximus Rex »

The notorious, black, punk-rock cat, who's name happened to be SID, unlocked their lips and yoinked his face off of the dog's, hopping to all fours and dismounting the dog onto two. He spat the dog's taste out of his mouth and into the street, "Pth! Ptth! Hey, what the-" he swore a bit here "-are ya blind? What's with you-" he swore a bit there "-pets and always getting in my way?"
It took a few moments for Sebastian to actually recover from the accidental kiss-on-collision. The whole thing happened so fast. A flash of sunglasses in his face, and suddenly a tough looking feline was cursing at him.

A little annoyed by the fact some punk cat had the nerve to yell at him, after crashing into him, and subsequently interrupting his pleasant little walk. Sebastian glared a little and grumbled back. "Yeah and why don't you pay more attention to where you're going? People walk here, that's why they're called sidewalks..." He trailed off in a brief second of realization. The cat in front of him had just kissed him. Worst of all he had no idea where that mouth had been or what else it had kissed. After all don't cats clean themselves with their tongue or something? With a grimace he turned to the road and spit multiple times before wiping his face on his arm.

Sebastian grumbled obscenities to himself before looking over at the cat again. "Another thing...where I come from 'sorry' is usually what people say after an accident you boorish phillistine." He yelled while, unfortunately, letting his temper get the best of him. Ignorant to the fact that Sid could probably ground him into canine cibble if he wanted to.
~ Mark Twain

~ Benjamin Franklin

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"So..." Taku started chatting again, "What did you live in back where you're from? Burrow? Tree? Makeshift Box?"
"I had a burrow. sometimes I just slept in the woods, but my burrow was a haven when the weather was unfavorable."
"Hmm... Well, maybe I can help you find something nearby before the next storm hits..." Taku nodded, leading him on, "Didja still talk to your parents? My dad still lives in the area..."
Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:They walked a little while longer, and finally came to a rather large, old looking tree, which had a hole which had grown in it and later been hollowed out further. Leading down from this hole were some carved-in handholds to make climbing easier. The ground had been cleared out around the base, and had some rocks to prevent anything large from growing or burrowing there anytime soon. "Now THAT's where I live!" Rikki said, pointing proudly at the tree.
"~♪", Gladius couldn't help but whistle. "In terms of architecture, this surpasses even some standard human homes I've seen.", he said silently while he noted the structure down. "So was this your own work?", he suddenly asked Rikki while continuing to note down details.
"The tree? Naw, I just found it and fixed it up: back then there weren't any humans around here, so it seemed like a real nice place to set up a territory... My dad used to live a few miles away, but he lives in the zoo now..." Rikki said, walking towards the tree and getting ready to climb it, "Think you can climb up on your own? I could probably carry you on my back if it's too hard of a climb for you..." Rikki knew that weasels could get up to his home if they tried, but he didn't have much knowledge of ferrets, and they were much smaller...
razgriz wrote:"Yea, I'll come along, just gotta get Nate" Max said, quickly running over to the other cat, who he still thought was female. "We're gonna go explore. Are you coming with?"
Peter-Rabbit sat up a bit, "Sure!" He picked up Nate again, putting him back on his head, "Maybe I could help show you around..."
Maximus Rex wrote:Sebastian grumbled obscenities to himself before looking over at the cat again. "Another thing...where I come from 'sorry' is usually what people say after an accident you boorish phillistine." He yelled while, unfortunately, letting his temper get the best of him. Ignorant to the fact that Sid could probably ground him into canine cibble if he wanted to.
"Hey, I'll have you know that I'm neither boring, nor Palestinian! And even if a were, the Israeli-death-squad's a long ways off!" Sid wasn't too fond of this other pet: that meant that the other pet had a serious problem on his hands. Sid briefly considered just can-crushing the dog's face now and getting it over with, but he remembered that he was SUPPOSED to be TRYING to be a "good pet", so he tried to hold down his temper. He started over, shaking it off and walking over to his skateboard, "Whatever..." he grabbed his skateboard and looked over at the dog, getting a good look at him, "Hey, I've never seen you around before, you new here or somethin'?"

(( Oh boy! Looks like another Sid-beatdown scene may be coming up, and I LOVE Sid's beatdowns! What coffin-size do you think would work for sebastian if mangling had made him about 20% shorter? ))
Maximus Rex

Post by Maximus Rex »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hey, I'll have you know that I'm neither boring, nor Palestinian! And even if a were, the Israeli-death-squad's a long ways off!" Sid wasn't too fond of this other pet: that meant that the other pet had a serious problem on his hands. Sid briefly considered just can-crushing the dog's face now and getting it over with, but he remembered that he was SUPPOSED to be TRYING to be a "good pet", so he tried to hold down his temper. He started over, shaking it off and walking over to his skateboard, "Whatever..." he grabbed his skateboard and looked over at the dog, getting a good look at him, "Hey, I've never seen you around before, you new here or somethin'?"
Sebastian held his tongue before lashing out this time. His inner grammar geek trying to claw its way out, but the rather unfriendly look in this cat's eye dissuaded him from further digging his grave. It was odd, the cat seemed to be almost trying not to punch his face in. Which judging by the "tough as nails" demeanor he was showing, he was used to punching faces in, and probably enjoyed it. Sebastian cleared his throat and folded his arms, hoping to play his cards a little better this round.

"Uh, I'm not exactly new." Sebastian replied, trying to sound as confident as he did before. "I just never really leave the house is all."

((hehe he'd probably fit in a shoe box if that happened XD he's not the biggest dog out there for sure))
~ Mark Twain

~ Benjamin Franklin

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Peter-Rabbit sat up a bit, "Sure!" He picked up Nate again, putting him back on his head, "Maybe I could help show you around..."
"Okay, is there anything interesting around here?" Max asked, "all I've seen is houses, road and park."

"Eek! Ack!" Nate said, surprised at suddenly being picked up. His panic and fear towards falling suddenly returned in full force. Once on the head, he ducked under the fur and held on tightly to ensure he wouldn't fall off.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Hmm... Well, maybe I can help you find something nearby before the next storm hits..." Taku nodded, leading him on, "Didja still talk to your parents? My dad still lives in the area..."
"I never knew my father, but my mother was a kind vixen. we got separated while eluding some huntsmen, a little while back. I don't know what became of her, but I hope she survived."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"The tree? Naw, I just found it and fixed it up: back then there weren't any humans around here, so it seemed like a real nice place to set up a territory... My dad used to live a few miles away, but he lives in the zoo now..." Rikki said, walking towards the tree and getting ready to climb it, "Think you can climb up on your own? I could probably carry you on my back if it's too hard of a climb for you..." Rikki knew that weasels could get up to his home if they tried, but he didn't have much knowledge of ferrets, and they were much smaller...
The ferret inspected the handholds a bit more closely and tested one to see how it reacts. "Thanks for the offer but I think I can climb it.", he said while waiting for the raccoon to go in first. "I've done quite a number of climbs myself and this footholds like these would have been appreciated in some of those places.", he said though ending it there.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Wow... This one got killed by power failures 2 or 3 times while I was writing it... ))
Maximus Rex wrote:Sebastian held his tongue before lashing out this time. His inner grammar geek trying to claw its way out, but the rather unfriendly look in this cat's eye dissuaded him from further digging his grave. It was odd, the cat seemed to be almost trying not to punch his face in. Which judging by the "tough as nails" demeanor he was showing, he was used to punching faces in, and probably enjoyed it. Sebastian cleared his throat and folded his arms, hoping to play his cards a little better this round.

"Uh, I'm not exactly new." Sebastian replied, trying to sound as confident as he did before. "I just never really leave the house is all."

((hehe he'd probably fit in a shoe box if that happened XD he's not the biggest dog out there for sure))
"Oh I see: you one-a those shut-in indoor-pets." Sid gave a nod and stuck his skateboard under his arm, "You friends with Zeke or Kytes or someone like that? Maybe that Xuan guy?"

(( Ooh! Sebastian's LEARNING! We've got a LEARNER here! From now on, I think I'ma call Sebastian "Twilight Sparkle". That sounds good... In other news: hey, Sid mentioning characters who no longer exist! Need to build up a new set of relationships so he can reference more pets... ))
razgriz wrote:"Okay, is there anything interesting around here?" Max asked, "all I've seen is houses, road and park."

"Eek! Ack!" Nate said, surprised at suddenly being picked up. His panic and fear towards falling suddenly returned in full force. Once on the head, he ducked under the fur and held on tightly to ensure he wouldn't fall off.
Peter-Rabbit thought, not really noticing the reaction of the mouse on his head, "Um.... I dunno... All I've ever seen is this playground: I think this is just a tight-packed housing area..." He glanced around, "I guess there's that nature preserve on the other side of it, but I've never really gone in there... I don't know if it's really safe..."

(( Poor Nate is so wimpy and all that. I should have Sid throw him like a baseball or something... ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I never knew my father, but my mother was a kind vixen. we got separated while eluding some huntsmen, a little while back. I don't know what became of her, but I hope she survived."
Taku nodded, "Yeah, I know what that's like... I lost my sister to some poachers when..." his stomach dropped: just the THOUGHT of remembering that made him feel ill. He stopped talking all together for a moment, then changed the subject, "You shouldn't have to worry about hunters here though: it's a protected preserve with a ranger and everything, so it's pretty safe..."
Hypergenesis wrote:The ferret inspected the handholds a bit more closely and tested one to see how it reacts. "Thanks for the offer but I think I can climb it.", he said while waiting for the raccoon to go in first. "I've done quite a number of climbs myself and this footholds like these would have been appreciated in some of those places.", he said though ending it there.
Rikki nodded to him, "Alrighty then." He scurried up the tree, not even needing the handholds, and flopped inside before poking his head out to look at Gladius...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku nodded, "Yeah, I know what that's like... I lost my sister to some poachers when..." his stomach dropped: just the THOUGHT of remembering that made him feel ill. He stopped talking all together for a moment, then changed the subject, "You shouldn't have to worry about hunters here though: it's a protected preserve with a ranger and everything, so it's pretty safe..."
"I wasn't aware there were places free from hunters. and what is a 'ranger.'"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki nodded to him, "Alrighty then." He scurried up the tree, not even needing the handholds, and flopped inside before poking his head out to look at Gladius...
The ferret slid his notebook and pen into a pocket before he followed the raccoon up, taking his time as he climbed up the tree in a relaxed manner, a state that was evident with how he was taking advantage of the convenient steps. Definitely easier than climbing on smooth stone., he thought as he reached the opening in the tree. "Ah, any idea what tree this is?", he asked Rikki while he sat at the entrance to the treehouse, enjoying the light breeze that was blowing at their altitude.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Wow... This one got killed by power failures 2 or 3 times while I was writing it... ))
Peter-Rabbit thought, not really noticing the reaction of the mouse on his head, "Um.... I dunno... All I've ever seen is this playground: I think this is just a tight-packed housing area..." He glanced around, "I guess there's that nature preserve on the other side of it, but I've never really gone in there... I don't know if it's really safe..."
(( Poor Nate is so wimpy and all that. I should have Sid throw him like a baseball or something... ))
"That sound's interesting" Max said looking around to see if he could spot anything worth immediate investigation, "though, I'm good for exploring anything."

"May... may... maybe we could go to a nearby town or something?" Nate asked Peter-Rabbit, quite terrified of what would be in a nature preserve, mice in the wild couldn't possibly live very long. He even held on tighter from the head's turning to look around.

OOC: Somehow, I see Max coming after Sid for that... if not immediately, then sometime soon after.... Also: why not save to a .txt or word document and THEN post to site, so ye' can update it as you work?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( WOW: you guys respond fast... ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I wasn't aware there were places free from hunters. and what is a 'ranger.'"
Taku was a bit confused that this other animal didn't know that, but maybe they didn't have nature preserves wherever he'd been relocated from, "Oh, yeah, the humans made it so animals could live safely here and all that... I think my dad said it was part of some agreeent after some sort of big fight... I dunno... But the ranger is this human who makes sure that hunters don't come here and all that: my dad works for him. He lives in a big building a little ways to the north of here, past my dads territory..." he trailed off, "Um... They must not have that in Ma... Massur... Aw, wherever it was you said yer from." he grinned, giving up on trying to pronounce the human name of the place.
Hypergenesis wrote:The ferret slid his notebook and pen into a pocket before he followed the raccoon up, taking his time as he climbed up the tree in a relaxed manner, a state that was evident with how he was taking advantage of the convenient steps. Definitely easier than climbing on smooth stone., he thought as he reached the opening in the tree. "Ah, any idea what tree this is?", he asked Rikki while he sat at the entrance to the treehouse, enjoying the light breeze that was blowing at their altitude.
"Huh? What tree?" Rikki said, confused, "I just said: this is my tree! We're right around the center of my territory out here." he slumped back against the "wall" of his hole, which had been covered in little doodles a long time ago, "C'mon in and flop down: it always stays a nice temperature in here..."
razgriz wrote:"That sound's interesting" Max said looking around to see if he could spot anything worth immediate investigation, "though, I'm good for exploring anything."

"May... may... maybe we could go to a nearby town or something?" Nate asked Peter-Rabbit, quite terrified of what would be in a nature preserve, mice in the wild couldn't possibly live very long. He even held on tighter from the head's turning to look around.

OOC: Somehow, I see Max coming after Sid for that... if not immediately, then sometime soon after.... Also: why not save to a .txt or word document and THEN post to site, so ye' can update it as you work?
Peter-Rabbit looked up, "Town? Hmm, I guess we could go into town... But... I don't really have any money, and I don't know what we would do there.... um..." he glanced at the other pets, "I'm not really an adventurer or anything... And I bet the forest is really muddy and full of scratchy plants and stuff... We probably don't wanna go in there, we might get our fur messy..."
(( Sid could probably beat Max into a pulp if they got into a fight: he's not faking any of that "tough-as-nails" stuff that Sebastian was thinking of. ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku was a bit confused that this other animal didn't know that, but maybe they didn't have nature preserves wherever he'd been relocated from, "Oh, yeah, the humans made it so animals could live safely here and all that... I think my dad said it was part of some agreeent after some sort of big fight... I dunno... But the ranger is this human who makes sure that hunters don't come here and all that: my dad works for him. He lives in a big building a little ways to the north of here, past my dads territory..." he trailed off, "Um... They must not have that in Ma... Massur... Aw, wherever it was you said yer from." he grinned, giving up on trying to pronounce the human name of the place.
"this sounds like a wonderful place to reside. it will be comforting knowing I will not have to run from hunters every day. and this 'ranger' sounds like an agreeable man." Samuel let Taku's inability to say Massachusetts go by without comment.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Peter-Rabbit looked up, "Town? Hmm, I guess we could go into town... But... I don't really have any money, and I don't know what we would do there.... um..." he glanced at the other pets, "I'm not really an adventurer or anything... And I bet the forest is really muddy and full of scratchy plants and stuff... We probably don't wanna go in there, we might get our fur messy..."
(( Sid could probably beat Max into a pulp if they got into a fight: he's not faking any of that "tough-as-nails" stuff that Sebastian was thinking of. ))
"I'm not worried about that, but, if you don't wanna head there, the town would be interesting to see" Max said, turning to face the other cat. "I have money to cover about whatever we do."

"Yes, yes" Nate squeaked quietly, "anything but the forest."

OOC: stat-wise they're fairly close.... though, Max probably would not make a direct attack. Strategy is the key to taking on a giant/bigger enemy....
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Huh? What tree?" Rikki said, confused, "I just said: this is my tree! We're right around the center of my territory out here." he slumped back against the "wall" of his hole, which had been covered in little doodles a long time ago, "C'mon in and flop down: it always stays a nice temperature in here..."
The ferret took the raccoon's answer as a no and climbed into the hole with the invitation and following Rikki's advice he sat and slouched inside. "Well this brings me back.", he commented as he looked at the walls around him, "I had a friend back at the site who also liked to draw figures like this on the tent canvases. Did he get into a lot of trouble.", he chuckled as he pointed to the doodles.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Acer took note of the other cat that joined them. He couldn’t really tell, but just assumed it was a female because of the voice, scent, and mildly feminine attitude when it came to visiting the forest. But going to see the town sounded interesting enough. “Great! I’ve got a card too, so expenses shouldn’t be any problem. While we’re getting there why don’t you tell me about yourselves?” Acer looked over to Peter Rabbit and Nate. “I don’t believe I caught your names.”
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Looks like things are slowing back down over here, so have a post! ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"this sounds like a wonderful place to reside. it will be comforting knowing I will not have to run from hunters every day. and this 'ranger' sounds like an agreeable man." Samuel let Taku's inability to say Massachusetts go by without comment.
Taku nodded, "Yes, it's really nice here..." he slowed his pace a bit and gestured to what appeared to be a large fruit-tree of some sort, "There it is." Little designs seemed to have been carved into the sides in places, as if it was some long-term work of art in progress, and a trail of wear lead up to a hole which jutted out a few inches. "That's my home-tree." Taku smiled.
razgriz wrote:"I'm not worried about that, but, if you don't wanna head there, the town would be interesting to see" Max said, turning to face the other cat. "I have money to cover about whatever we do."

"Yes, yes" Nate squeaked quietly, "anything but the forest."

OOC: stat-wise they're fairly close.... though, Max probably would not make a direct attack. Strategy is the key to taking on a giant/bigger enemy....
D-Singer wrote:Acer took note of the other cat that joined them. He couldn’t really tell, but just assumed it was a female because of the voice, scent, and mildly feminine attitude when it came to visiting the forest. But going to see the town sounded interesting enough. “Great! I’ve got a card too, so expenses shouldn’t be any problem. While we’re getting there why don’t you tell me about yourselves?” Acer looked over to Peter Rabbit and Nate. “I don’t believe I caught your names.”
"Peter-Rabbit!" Peter-Rabbit said with a smile, "My name's Peter-Rabbit!" he glanced off towards town, "I don't have any uh... money though, so I guess I just won't get anything..."
Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Huh? What tree?" Rikki said, confused, "I just said: this is my tree! We're right around the center of my territory out here." he slumped back against the "wall" of his hole, which had been covered in little doodles a long time ago, "C'mon in and flop down: it always stays a nice temperature in here..."
The ferret took the raccoon's answer as a no and climbed into the hole with the invitation and following Rikki's advice he sat and slouched inside. "Well this brings me back.", he commented as he looked at the walls around him, "I had a friend back at the site who also liked to draw figures like this on the tent canvases. Did he get into a lot of trouble.", he chuckled as he pointed to the doodles.
Rikki tilted his head, "'Trouble'? For what? Aren't decorations nice? They're a nice way to note down interesting thoughts, and the tree eventually wears them out by growing into them, so there's room for more. You should see my son's tree: he's got a full totem-pole going there! Also keeps it nice and spacious in here..." He glanced around, "Though, I guess a tent isn't really too good for carving things into... wouldn't it get tattered?"
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki tilted his head, "'Trouble'? For what? Aren't decorations nice? They're a nice way to note down interesting thoughts, and the tree eventually wears them out by growing into them, so there's room for more. You should see my son's tree: he's got a full totem-pole going there! Also keeps it nice and spacious in here..." He glanced around, "Though, I guess a tent isn't really too good for carving things into... wouldn't it get tattered?"
"Well it wasn't exactly carving since he used charcoal to draw them. It was just that the head of the camp didn't like it, claiming it was dirty and we already breathe in enough particles everyday.", explained Gladius as he lightly scratched the back of his head, "Though most of the others int he camp understood why he did it. There wasn't really much for us retrievers to do during off days.". The ferret then loosed the handkerchief strapped to his side and devoured another spider before once again offering the Raccoon an arachnid.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku nodded, "Yes, it's really nice here..." he slowed his pace a bit and gestured to what appeared to be a large fruit-tree of some sort, "There it is." Little designs seemed to have been carved into the sides in places, as if it was some long-term work of art in progress, and a trail of wear lead up to a hole which jutted out a few inches. "That's my home-tree." Taku smiled.
Samuel looked at the carvings. "Did you carve these symbols here?" was all he could think to ask.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:Acer took note of the other cat that joined them. He couldn’t really tell, but just assumed it was a female because of the voice, scent, and mildly feminine attitude when it came to visiting the forest. But going to see the town sounded interesting enough. “Great! I’ve got a card too, so expenses shouldn’t be any problem. While we’re getting there why don’t you tell me about yourselves?” Acer looked over to Peter Rabbit and Nate. “I don’t believe I caught your names.”
"I'm Max" the black cat said, "I'm not sure what there is to say. I grew up in the city, wound up in a shelter and got adopted with my..." he paused, trying to figure if he could even use this term, " 'brother', the mouse over there, Nate. He's a little chicken of a mouse. Our dad adopted us both and won't let me eat him or anything, gotta watch him instead. I'm still not used to it though."

RockstarRaccoon wrote: "Peter-Rabbit!" Peter-Rabbit said with a smile, "My name's Peter-Rabbit!" he glanced off towards town, "I don't have any uh... money though, so I guess I just won't get anything..."
"Wait..." Max said, sniffing and walking over to the cat, "your a guy!?! You smell like a girl!"

"Huh?" Nate said, listening to the cat's name and making the same sort of anti-connection his brother was. How in the world would a guy end up smelling like a girl? Even after being around girls in the city he had never come out smelling like that. He wasn't gonna say anything though, afraid to end up in a bad position with the cat.
Maximus Rex

Post by Maximus Rex »

rock star raccoon wrote:Oh I see: you one-a those shut-in indoor-pets." Sid gave a nod and stuck his skateboard under his arm, "You friends with Zeke or Kytes or someone like that? Maybe that Xuan guy?"
"Can't say I've met any of them, let alone that they're my friends." said Sebastian pondering over the names for a moment. He might have seen them walk past his house once or twice, perhaps even heard them "playing" out in the street. A cat's yowl and a dog's bark carry quiet a long distance. "And yes I'm a 'shut-in indoor pet' if you want to call it that. To be honest I've never felt compelled to come out and dabble in anyone's business, well not until I was forced to go out here."

Sebastian paused for a moment and thought about his situation, maybe he could make the best of it and get a good scope of the world he's supposed to get to know. "I suppose an 'experienced' suburbanite such as yourself knows his way around here, do you mind educating a lowly neophyte such as myself in the ways of suburbia?"
~ Mark Twain

~ Benjamin Franklin

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"Well it wasn't exactly carving since he used charcoal to draw them. It was just that the head of the camp didn't like it, claiming it was dirty and we already breathe in enough particles everyday.", explained Gladius as he lightly scratched the back of his head, "Though most of the others int he camp understood why he did it. There wasn't really much for us retrievers to do during off days.". The ferret then loosed the handkerchief strapped to his side and devoured another spider before once again offering the Raccoon an arachnid.
Rikki took it with a nod, popping it into his mouth and crunching it, "I guess that worta thing might get messy... Whaddo ya mean about 'breathing in particles' though? Like, dust or something?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Samuel looked at the carvings. "Did you carve these symbols here?" was all he could think to ask.
"Eyup!" Taku said cheerily, "Got the idea from some old tradition some of the other animals have around here about carving stuff into wooden poles and leaving them around as decoration or something..." he walked up to his tree and started to climb it, "I just thought it would look nice if someone did it to a big ol' tree!"
razgriz wrote:
"I'm Max" the black cat said, "I'm not sure what there is to say. I grew up in the city, wound up in a shelter and got adopted with my..." he paused, trying to figure if he could even use this term, " 'brother', the mouse over there, Nate. He's a little chicken of a mouse. Our dad adopted us both and won't let me eat him or anything, gotta watch him instead. I'm still not used to it though."
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Peter-Rabbit!" Peter-Rabbit said with a smile, "My name's Peter-Rabbit!" he glanced off towards town, "I don't have any uh... money though, so I guess I just won't get anything..."
"Wait..." Max said, sniffing and walking over to the cat, "your a guy!?! You smell like a girl!"

"Huh?" Nate said, listening to the cat's name and making the same sort of anti-connection his brother was. How in the world would a guy end up smelling like a girl? Even after being around girls in the city he had never come out smelling like that. He wasn't gonna say anything though, afraid to end up in a bad position with the cat.
Peter-Rabbit's ears lowered and reddened a little at the comment, "Oh, yeah... I get that alot... I think it has something to do with the shampoo I use and all that... I guess it doesn't help that I have a high pitched voice and... well... all that..." he shrugged with a bit more blushing, "But uh... hey, are we going to go somewhere?"
Maximus Rex wrote:"Can't say I've met any of them, let alone that they're my friends." said Sebastian pondering over the names for a moment. He might have seen them walk past his house once or twice, perhaps even heard them "playing" out in the street. A cat's yowl and a dog's bark carry quiet a long distance. "And yes I'm a 'shut-in indoor pet' if you want to call it that. To be honest I've never felt compelled to come out and dabble in anyone's business, well not until I was forced to go out here."

Sebastian paused for a moment and thought about his situation, maybe he could make the best of it and get a good scope of the world he's supposed to get to know. "I suppose an 'experienced' suburbanite such as yourself knows his way around here, do you mind educating a lowly neophyte such as myself in the ways of suburbia?"
Sid grinned, and before Sebastian could respond he had him under his shoulder in a headlock and was giving him a noogie. "Sure thing kid! I guess I can show you around and all that! I've got the perfect name for you too: I'ma call you 'Dork'. How's that sound, Dork? Seems like a fitting name for now..." He released him and began walking down the street, gesturing for his new pupil to follow, "C'mon Dork, lets go see the neighborhood..."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki took it with a nod, popping it into his mouth and crunching it, "I guess that worta thing might get messy... Whaddo ya mean about 'breathing in particles' though? Like, dust or something?"
"Sand actually, sandstorms buffeted the camp throughout my stay on the site.", informed the ferret before continuing, "Apparently the location of the dig itself was the problem as it was the prime spot for sandstorms to form. Though since we had to go back and forth into the ancient city setting up camp further out would have been the worse idea.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Eyup!" Taku said cheerily, "Got the idea from some old tradition some of the other animals have around here about carving stuff into wooden poles and leaving them around as decoration or something..." he walked up to his tree and started to climb it, "I just thought it would look nice if someone did it to a big ol' tree!"
"well, they certainly serve to differentiate your tree from others." he waited a bit before following the raccoon up the tree.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"Sand actually, sandstorms buffeted the camp throughout my stay on the site.", informed the ferret before continuing, "Apparently the location of the dig itself was the problem as it was the prime spot for sandstorms to form. Though since we had to go back and forth into the ancient city setting up camp further out would have been the worse idea.
"Oh..." Rikki nodded thoughtfully, "So... Were you in the..." he searched for a second to remember the word, "...'The Desert'? Like, that hot place with all the sand? I've heard of those before... Was it in that 'Ar-ee-zone-a' place?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, they certainly serve to differentiate your tree from others." he waited a bit before following the raccoon up the tree.
Taku looked down and nodded before crawling into the hole and tumbling in, disappearing from the foxes view...

Inside was a small living-space with a few shelves and compartments for storing various things, as well as various doodles on the walls. He noticed two apples he'd picked from the tree earlier still sitting where he'd left them, half-forgotten. One of them was half eaten, so he decided to make it a snack before it browned any more...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Oh..." Rikki nodded thoughtfully, "So... Were you in the..." he searched for a second to remember the word, "...'The Desert'? Like, that hot place with all the sand? I've heard of those before... Was it in that 'Ar-ee-zone-a' place?"
"Yeah, the desert.", replied Gladius. "Although the site was based in the middle east, more closer to Egypt."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku looked down and nodded before crawling into the hole and tumbling in, disappearing from the foxes view...

Inside was a small living-space with a few shelves and compartments for storing various things, as well as various doodles on the walls. He noticed two apples he'd picked from the tree earlier still sitting where he'd left them, half-forgotten. One of them was half eaten, so he decided to make it a snack before it browned any more...
Samuel looked around and thought what a respectable home he has. then he noticed the half eaten apple. he decided to examine another doodle on the wall.
(OOC: I'd like to know what exactly these doodles are. are they designs or are they like stick figures and such like cave paintings?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"Yeah, the desert.", replied Gladius. "Although the site was based in the middle east, more closer to Egypt."
"The 'Middle East'..." Rikki said, reclining into a relaxed slump as he tried to wrap his head around whatever that was, "Isn't that where those 'ter-er-erst' things are from? Did you meet any of them? What were they like? Oh, and how far is that from here? ...Like, I mean, how many days is it to walk?" he added the last bit out of the worry that the domesticated animal would give him "distance" in those weird things called "miles", which didn't really translate well into the walking-time system he was used to...
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Samuel looked around and thought what a respectable home he has. then he noticed the half eaten apple. he decided to examine another doodle on the wall.
(OOC: I'd like to know what exactly these doodles are. are they designs or are they like stick figures and such like cave paintings?)
Taku munched the apple, offering the untouched one to Samuel, "Want one?" he said with a bit still in his mouth.

(( They're a few different things, mainly just whatever he felt like drawing at the time. Various symbols, characatures, comic-like representations of memories, a couple portraits of animals he knows, a caricature of himself giving a dead rat to a pleasantly surprised female... Just random things he felt like drawing. Some are older and more worn than others because it's a live tree and he lives inside it, but it's part of what keeps the tree hollowed out nicely. I should note that Taku is illiterate, so no real written words or numbers. ))
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Peter-Rabbit's ears lowered and reddened a little at the comment, "Oh, yeah... I get that alot... I think it has something to do with the shampoo I use and all that... I guess it doesn't help that I have a high pitched voice and... well... all that..." he shrugged with a bit more blushing, "But uh... hey, are we going to go somewhere?"
"Yea," Max said continuing in the direction of 'town', "you uh... might wanna consider different shampoo or something." He briefly looked at the mouse on the other cat's head and wonder what kept him silent. He seemed more vocal with Peter-Rabbit earlier.

"So... how are people in town with mice?" Nate asked nervously, he didn't want to be swiped off the cat's head and eaten or anything like that. Humans weren't so good with mice and other cats might go for him.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"The 'Middle East'..." Rikki said, reclining into a relaxed slump as he tried to wrap his head around whatever that was, "Isn't that where those 'ter-er-erst' things are from? Did you meet any of them? What were they like? Oh, and how far is that from here? ...Like, I mean, how many days is it to walk?" he added the last bit out of the worry that the domesticated animal would give him "distance" in those weird things called "miles", which didn't really translate well into the walking-time system he was used to...
"Oh, I didn't have any encounter with them for the five years that I stayed in the site. We were actually more worried about raiders." Gladius answered before pondering on the next question. He scratched his head a few times as he was thinking and after a while he decided to give up and said, "I'm pretty sure you can't walk your way from here, with the ocean and everything in between after all."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Taku munched the apple, offering the untouched one to Samuel, "Want one?" he said with a bit still in his mouth.
"I suppose it couldn't hurt." he said, smiling nervously, because he knows that it could possibly hurt.
(OOC: ok, thanks)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
razgriz wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Peter-Rabbit!" Peter-Rabbit said with a smile, "My name's Peter-Rabbit!" he glanced off towards town, "I don't have any uh... money though, so I guess I just won't get anything..."

Peter-Rabbit's ears lowered and reddened a little at the comment, "Oh, yeah... I get that alot... I think it has something to do with the shampoo I use and all that... I guess it doesn't help that I have a high pitched voice and... well... all that..." he shrugged with a bit more blushing, "But uh... hey, are we going to go somewhere?"
Acer's ears pulled back a bit as he realized his assumption of Peter-Rabbit was incorrect. He continued walking with the two as he carried on the conversation. "Well, even so, you have quite an interesting name. Your owner must have an ironic sense of humor. Brookshire's commercial area isn’t too much farther way, that's where we're headed. As far as mice are concerned, I'd assume they fall under the same treatment as any other domestic animal in a 'pet friendly' community." The terrier cleared his throat a little as he went on to tell a little about himself, not being fully introduced to the several other pets. "As I said, my name is Acer Copley. As of recently I've been on a rather extended transfer with my owner from our residence near Cambridge Massachusetts to our new home here in Brookshire. While I haven’t been informed to the exact details of 'why', I believe it was related to a new career requirement or request on the part of my owner.”