The Food Topic #Nom nOm noM

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dissension

Re: Food!

Post by Dissension »

I've only heard of In-N-Out Burger from every Californian I've ever spoken directly to or been in close proximity of. ;3

Also, I like pineapple on my pizza. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Clams, Beef Jerky, Grape Punch. The lunch of champions.

Also, Eat Vegetables with every meal. Or your hands will start to peel. Your eyebrows will soon fall out. And your feet will smell like trout.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Aquablast wrote:
copper wrote:I also don't like ice cream,never did.
It is not like I don't like ice cream, but I don't like eating them because I got sensitive teeth or something; It hurts whenever bite cold things!

Though I like pizza, funnily the topping I like is called "American Favorite"! :lol:

:cry: I have found a fellow victim of sensitive teeth. I am so happy!

:lol: What exactly is the American Favorite?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

copper wrote: :cry: I have found a fellow victim of sensitive teeth. I am so happy!
Woe is us! Will we ever be able to taste the delicious and wonderful goodness that is ice cream? ... Though I eat ice cream like once in a blue moon (and I assume you don't eat them at all), so I suppose it doesn't matter! :lol:
copper wrote: :lol: What exactly is the American Favorite?
Beef pepperoni, minced beef, and mushroom! I heard from Sleet that toppings like that are popular in America too, so it is not a misinformed name, I guess? :lol:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

copper wrote:
Aquablast wrote:
copper wrote:I also don't like ice cream,never did.
It is not like I don't like ice cream, but I don't like eating them because I got sensitive teeth or something; It hurts whenever bite cold things!
:cry: I have found a fellow victim of sensitive teeth. I am so happy!
Wait, I understand that y'all can't bite into ice cream because it's so cold (I have the same problem), but can't you just lick the cone or spoon, depending how it's served?
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

We got these weird Oreo Blizzard Oreos (recursive cookies, yo) and they hurt my teeth for some reason. Blech.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

No. I tried that. Yes, licking it does bypass the whole teeth thing, but it takes so freking long and by the time you are halfway through, the ice cream has melted. Not to mention that if you accidentally get some ice cream around your teeth, it feels like you have been stabbed... :cry:

Even cold drinks hurt. I cannot drink from water fountains because the cold water hurts my teeth! :roll:
My characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

copper wrote:No. I tried that. Yes, licking it does bypass the whole teeth thing, but it takes so freking long and by the time you are halfway through, the ice cream has melted. Not to mention that if you accidentally get some ice cream around your teeth, it feels like you have been stabbed... :cry:
Yup, copper said it: It simply takes too long! I might as well as melt it then drink it! :lol:
copper wrote:Even cold drinks hurt. I cannot drink from water fountains because the cold water hurts my teeth! :roll:
Oh! Then yours might be worse than mine, I can actually drink cold/cool drinks, unless it uses ice!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

How do you guys like your steaks? Me I like them Rare or Medium Rare with some salt and pepper and a bit of steak sauce (though that is optional unless for some reason its done more then Medium Rare, then I always put some on)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Copper and Aqua, you might want to see if you can change toothpastes or something.. o.o;;

And Ice, I like mine well done, I guess. XD Or however you call it.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Oh boy food! Well I love spicy food~ My favourite food is rice because it's om nom nommy. I don't like sweet food because it makes me feel sick, for example I refuse to eat candy floss (or cotton candy) and depending on my mood I cannot eat chocolate at all, but some days I can...weird huh? Ever tried chocolate pizza? Don't.

I used to have sensative teeth, I just changed my tooth paste and everything got better! I can even eat ice now!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was going to comment on how gross "candy floss" sounds when you think about it, but then I realized "cotton candy" is just as bad.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I've just tried something and it's rather better than expected: tuna salad sandwich with banana slices. :3

The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Wait, what? banana slices and tuna salad. Ma I ask what brought this thought to you?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Dissension wrote:Ranch dressing-coated ice cream. ;3
I've actually considered trying that. :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That sounds awful! Who does that?!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I like my steak Medium or medium well.I like the pink in the middle, but not the blood.

You know what is really good? Pickle juice. I know it is technically a drink and not food, but come on! Every time the pickle jar is empty, I just pour a glass of pickle juice.

I am kind of a purist with food. I like the taste of the original ingredient to shine through. I like to taste the tuna in tuna salad, the meat in whatever. I just do not like spices that much. And I have a sensitive stomach, so I cannot handle spicy foods! :lol:
My characters
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I adore pickles. But not the juice!
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

I happen to like the juice and the pickle. Since my restaurant gets them by the bucket, I can get a small jar of pickles when ever I want! :p
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Are you pregnent Diss'on? Since women who are eat some weird food...My mum when pregnent with my brother ate chalk XD. (I'm kidding by the way XDDD)

Well, once for a dare, I ate a load of pasta and custard. It wasn't that bad~ Has anyone ever tried a Dragon fruit? I was thinking about buying Aaron some since he doesn't eat that much and if it has dragon in the name, he might eat it.\What scares me is that this is the reason mothers but turkey dinosaurs for their children ;_; Oh dear...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Dragonfruit is nice, actually. Tastes similar to kiwi, but much more sweeter.
Try to get the pink-fleshed ones, they're much more sweeter than the white ones.

And they look cool as a fruit!

Anyway, I bet that almost everyone here is scared of durian! XDD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm told they taste absolutely delicious, but I've smelled them and they smell awful. I mostly remember them as that spiky fruit you had to kick like a soccer ball in Super Mario Sunshine.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Chicago foods
Giordono's Stuffed Pizza

Italian Beef

Chicago Style Hot Dog

Combo (Italian Sausage + Italian Beef)

I live here, you jelly?
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Nope, I'm not jelly. xP

I don't see why anyone would want that kind of cheese on a pizza. It's annoying, if anything imo. ;D
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

zeekgenateer wrote:Chicago foods
Giordono's Stuffed Pizza

Italian Beef

Chicago Style Hot Dog

Combo (Italian Sausage + Italian Beef)

I live here, you jelly?

*Troll Face* I Can get that made for me for free. Having to be an owner of a pizzeria has its benefits.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote:I'm told they taste absolutely delicious, but I've smelled them and they smell awful. I mostly remember them as that spiky fruit you had to kick like a soccer ball in Super Mario Sunshine.
Lol! Yeah, the smell can be strong to those whose not used to it. There's even a lot of people here who actually hates them.
It's something that Malaysians will usually offer to a foreigner, especially a Westerner, just to see whether he/she can eat it or not. If you can, the locals will warm up to you (well, most of the time)

The taste, huh? Erm, it generally tastes something like very thick custard, with variations depending on the type. Surprisingly, it goes REALLY well with cheese for some reason, and durian cheesecake is becoming popular here.

@ zeekgenateer: *drools...*

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Cheese in the west = Durian in the east
'Nuff said *shot*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am not a fan of Chicago-style pizza. I've been to some amazing pizzerias in Chicago and their ingredients have been wonderful, but I just can't get behind their proportions and texture.

I like New York-style pizza, myself. St. Louis-style is not too good either.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I wasn't even aware St. Louis has a style of pizza.

Brooklyn style is my favorite. x3

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Thin crust is basically what it is, though there's a little more to it.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Oh, that explains it pretty well. I've not heard it referred to that way before, but I like St. Louis style pizza. ;3

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Eh, you mean that pizzas has state-defined styles too? That's new, considering pizzarias here are really few and far between...

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

City-defined, actually.

The Grey Wolverine

I think pizza is really good when its got a nice thin crust because if the crust is really thick, than its just doughy.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:I think pizza is really good when its got a nice thin crust because if the crust is really thick, than its just doughy.
Not really I just ate Giordono's a week ago and the crust is anything but doughy. Decently hard, and helps hold all the toppings in. When you use the knife and fork on one of those pizza you do need to use them on the crust.
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Thick crust that's just a bit crispy is the best. It doesn't have to be doughy.
The Grey Wolverine

I dunno, it just seems that no places around here can make a thick crust pizza without it being doughy. Just my experience.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well that's just a darn shame. Maybe go drive to New York and try some of their pizzerias out!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Sleet wrote:Well that's just a darn shame. Maybe go drive to New York and try some of their pizzerias out!
While you're at it, you could just drive over the atlantic and try some swedish pizzerias!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Sleet wrote:Well that's just a darn shame. Maybe go drive to New York and try some of their pizzerias out!
Better yet drive to Chicago. ;)