Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

Wow, that is excessive.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

$1 million is a lot! No wonder pro gamers can be quite successful in life.
Is it an international tournament, or only in the US?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

You know what game I really enjoyed, Borderlands. Funnest game ever to play with your friends.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

kurowolfe wrote:$1 million is a lot! No wonder pro gamers can be quite successful in life.
Pro gamers are overwhelmingly poor. Only a few could be considered "successful."
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:You know what looks awesome, the Metal Gear Solid HD edition. Its going to bring Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Peace Walker and bring them to the 360 and PS3. OOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait.
OH HECK YES. That's definitely an awesome franchise, and a pack like that I probably won't pass up.

"MLG". Blech. That's just gamers trying to make a sport out of something that involves sitting around in front of a bunch of monitors and pressing buttons. That's like making ping-pong an Olympic sport.

Not to say that I have a low opinion of gaming, because I don't. I've been a gamer all of my life. I just don't see how it can be a sport.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I don't see how its not a sport. In my eyes a sport is any organized even involving two or more parties competing. Its just not a traditional sport.

I mean why are people competing to score a ball taken seriously. and people playing a fighting game competitive regarded as loosers.
by the end of the day their both just playing a game. and the worst part is football players get payed more than most of america just for playing a game. I played games all my life where is my multi-million.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

kurowolfe wrote:$1 million is a lot! No wonder pro gamers can be quite successful in life.

It's in Germany, I believe!

But yeah, it's Valve that's developing it and all. And I think Valve has some money to spare XD
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote:Pro gamers are overwhelmingly poor. Only a few could be considered "successful."
Eh, is that so? My life has been a lie! DX
Maybe because I've only ever seen the successful ones in TV a long time ago, so I assumed that that is the general case.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Blizzard might be making another expansion for WoW called "Mists of Pandaria" Since they recently trademarketed that name. :3

(IF PANDAREN, I HAPPY)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Tha Housefox wrote:
The Grey Wolverine wrote:You know what looks awesome, the Metal Gear Solid HD edition. Its going to bring Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Peace Walker and bring them to the 360 and PS3. OOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait.
OH HECK YES. That's definitely an awesome franchise, and a pack like that I probably won't pass up.
Wait someone else who likes Metal Gear Solid? FINALLY! On a related note, I really like Peace Walker, but it was on the PSP, and really, that game was BEGGING for a second analog stick. Also I don't play it anymore because if I hold my PSP for more than a half hour, my hands lock up around it, its a problem. So that will be a major bonus.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I grew up on Metal Gear. I just don't talk about it much because i don't have the time =)

like Fallout. I didn't grow up on THAT and i never wanted to get interested in it, but i somehow got the entire collection now thanks to my brother and sister. XD

funny enough, i found fallout and fallout 2 at my bargain shop for $7 each for the PC. suddenly that store that has virtually nothing anymore became my bestest friend ever. i now have the entire fallout collection despite it b eing on separate systems. sister got Fallout 3 for XBOX and brother got Las Vegas for PS3. what a lovely family i live in.

after playing the PC versions, i took another look at the fallout series now. admittedly, i now wish i knew more about it when i was young, but meh. can't complain.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
exranio

Post by exranio »

Sorta like me and final fantasy. I didn't learn about until twelve. Just imagine the frustration when I figure out how far back i have to go to get them all. I
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tiggy wrote:Blizzard might be making another expansion for WoW called "Mists of Pandaria" Since they recently trademarketed that name. :3

(IF PANDAREN, I HAPPY)
I'd be surprised if they managed to get around China's censorship laws.
The Grey Wolverine

GameCobra wrote:I grew up on Metal Gear. I just don't talk about it much because i don't have the time =)
Man, Metal Gear Solid was actually the first game I ever really played and loved, that game was the best ever I swear, the only part I didn't like was the fight with Vulcan Raven, WHY IS HIS LINE OF SIGHT SO HUGE! Anywho, it was a game I grew up on, and my favorite character from any videogame ever came from the Metal Gear Solid series, The End, you know the Cobra sniper from the civil war. I just love the series in general, the cutsciens are great, the characters are interesting and cool, and the gameplay is different than most games with guns, its NOT a good idea to charge in shooting. I don't like it how games like the Splinter Cell games seem to want to do the same thing, there not bad games, but I prefer MGS over them any day.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Sleet wrote:
Tiggy wrote:Blizzard might be making another expansion for WoW called "Mists of Pandaria" Since they recently trademarketed that name. :3

(IF PANDAREN, I HAPPY)
I'd be surprised if they managed to get around China's censorship laws.
An entire expansion was based around the undead. Heavily, heavily censored. Not sure how Pandaren would pan out...being walking pandas and whatnot. If it's ever actually used.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I want to play Limbo now that it's on Steam but it looks so scary T_T
Sent from my conifer.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Limbo's really cool, from what I've seen. You should try it.

I'd recommend Braid instead if you don't want to be scared, though. ...Heck, I'd recommend Braid anyway.
The Grey Wolverine

Hey I was wondering something, would anyone recommend Catherine? Iv heard its good, but I dunno, I'm on the fence really.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Hey I was wondering something, would anyone recommend Catherine? Iv heard its good, but I dunno, I'm on the fence really.
It looks kinda weird, but if you like puzzle dating sims then I guess it's your game. (Or if you like Persona)
exranio

Post by exranio »

People keep calling it a weird game. I just think people are under exposed. I played games my whole life from many genres. To me Catherine is pretty normal. There are games a million times weirder.

But in short BUY IT
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Finds out friend is going to buy a DS Game tomorrow.
Buys last copy before he get to the store.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Exellent trolling dude.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's not trolling, that's being a bad person. There's a difference.

Step three: give the friend the game. :3
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I endorse Sleet's recommendation.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Souji

Post by Souji »

Cwitt wrote:
The Grey Wolverine wrote:Hey I was wondering something, would anyone recommend Catherine? Iv heard its good, but I dunno, I'm on the fence really.
It looks kinda weird, but if you like puzzle dating sims then I guess it's your game. (Or if you like Persona)
I'll say this as a heavily biased Persona fan.

Play Persona now.

I just might try Catherine...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm strongly driven to play Majora's Mask, Command & Conquer 64, and some other oldies. Hmm.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

In all my years of Playing Sonic Adventure 2, I was never able to get an A rank on Metal Harbor.
Souji

Post by Souji »

Dissension wrote:I'm strongly driven to play Majora's Mask, Command & Conquer 64, and some other oldies. Hmm.
"Retro Day".

The classics will never die.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sonic Adventure 2 was great. I never really played much of it. I only had the first one. Which was also great.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I ended up playing both of the Sonic Adventure games, on the Gamecube. The second before the first, too. The treasure hunt levels in the second one were freakn' impossible to get good ranks on, though. I think I enjoyed Sonic/Shadow's stages the most in the second.

Hmm. Did anyone here play the weird Sonic fighting game for the GBA? I think it was simply called "Sonic Battle" but I'm not sure.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Buckdida wrote:I ended up playing both of the Sonic Adventure games, on the Gamecube. The second before the first, too. The treasure hunt levels in the second one were freakn' impossible to get good ranks on, though. I think I enjoyed Sonic/Shadow's stages the most in the second.

Hmm. Did anyone here play the weird Sonic fighting game for the GBA? I think it was simply called "Sonic Battle" but I'm not sure.
What about Red Mountain on the first one? That was a ridiculous treasure hunt to get the best rank on. It basically came down to luck.

I know of Sonic: the Fighters on an old Sega console, but I didn't know they made a fighting game for the GBA. Was it any good?
exranio

Post by exranio »

It's Sonic Battle. And as far as a GBA fighting game goes. It's pretty Radical. Because sonic is the only game I know that will still say radical.

But honestly I desperately want another one. After seeing Final Fantasy Dissidia I think that's the kind of fighter Sonic would work best in.
Alos if they made another I'd seriously Wreck people with Silver and Cream. Creams not my favorite but I always enjoy the opportunity to play as her. Silver on the other hand comes pretty dang close to being my favorite.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Yeah, Sonic Battle. Loved it. It wasn't a traditional 2-D fighter at all... It was... 2.5-D? It used sprites, but you could move along x, y, z axis, and it was more a lives/knockouts type of chaotic fighting game. Ya didn't even need multiplayer for the game- Single Player stood awesome on its own.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

In honor of retro day

Star Wars: Rebel Assault II the first videogame I ever played.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I gave into my desires and bought Guilty Gear Core XX ~ I'm loving it! Seriously pretty graphics! I absolutely adore it!

I'm also to afraid to play Majora's mask D: Fffuuuuuuuuuuuu....
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
The Grey Wolverine

Souji wrote:
Cwitt wrote:
I'll say this as a heavily biased Persona fan.

Play Persona now.

I just might try Catherine...
I have played Persona 3 before, was it 3? I can't really remember. It was good, but a big WAT IS GOING ON! game for me. According to Michel Persona 4 is awesome, may have to try it out for meself...
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

In honor of Retro Day?
I have no idea what the first game I played was. (Maybe something on the NES) But Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyperstone Heist on the Sega Megadrive (European Sega Genesis), is the only one I can clearly remember playing when I was in Sweden.

Edit: And I guess regarding Sonic Adventure 2. I bought it for one of my Friend's Birthdays in Virginia. I watched him play it, loved it, bought it for myself, and got addicted the the Chao Gardens. ^^; We just kept spam running the Tails racing level and the Robotnic levels. Hehe.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I think the first game I played (or at least the first one I remember) was MGS.
Souji

Post by Souji »

Wolverine: Persona 3 was a little more morbid in terms of atmosphere, whereas Persona 4 is more lighthearted. Both were equally fun though. X3

And Flint: Sonic Adventure 2 was really fun, the Tails levels were always the most fun, as well as Knuckles's
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Buckdida wrote:Yeah, Sonic Battle. Loved it. It wasn't a traditional 2-D fighter at all... It was... 2.5-D? It used sprites, but you could move along x, y, z axis, and it was more a lives/knockouts type of chaotic fighting game. Ya didn't even need multiplayer for the game- Single Player stood awesome on its own.
Kind of like how Soul Calibur works with the axes? And I like the more chaotic fighters. They're more fun; otherwise I lose interest too fast most of the time.
exranio wrote:It's Sonic Battle. And as far as a GBA fighting game goes. It's pretty Radical. Because sonic is the only game I know that will still say radical.

But honestly I desperately want another one. After seeing Final Fantasy Dissidia I think that's the kind of fighter Sonic would work best in.
Alos if they made another I'd seriously Wreck people with Silver and Cream. Creams not my favorite but I always enjoy the opportunity to play as her. Silver on the other hand comes pretty dang close to being my favorite.
Wait, I thought Cream was a pacifist. What is she doing in a fighting game?
zeekgenateer wrote:In honor of retro day

Star Wars: Rebel Assault II the first videogame I ever played.
Mine was Super Mario Bros. on the NES.
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:In honor of Retro Day?
I have no idea what the first game I played was. (Maybe something on the NES) But Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Hyperstone Heist on the Sega Megadrive (European Sega Genesis), is the only one I can clearly remember playing when I was in Sweden.

Edit: And I guess regarding Sonic Adventure 2. I bought it for one of my Friend's Birthdays in Virginia. I watched him play it, loved it, bought it for myself, and got addicted the the Chao Gardens. ^^; We just kept spam running the Tails racing level and the Robotnic levels. Hehe.
The Chao Gardens were so fun! And yes, Tails levels were a lot of fun in both Sonic Adventure games. I think I preferred the first game's Tails levels though.