Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

exranio

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by exranio »

Even better magika has magic cows. Nothing is better than magic cows.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Magicka is so full of win yes. :3

SWEDEN YEAAAAAAAH *hides*
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Is anyone else excited about the re-release of earth eternal in north america. Though I find it disappointing that I spent a lot of time making an account on the japan server I don't want to go through it again. Oh well maybe this time it won't be too hard.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Have you ever been really angry, stressed, or just in a bad mood.
You ever felt so enraged you just wanted to flip over a table.
WELL NOW YOU CAN WITH THIS NEW TABLE FLIPPING GAME.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqOIpc9D ... dded#at=28
Flip to your hearts content and releive your stress.
Destroy and hurt what annoyes you. Weddings, Class, work, even your family!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(◉Д◉)ノ︵ ┻━┻ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

What a coincidence, my friend just linked that video to me...Amusing.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

I really really really want Firefall to be out...

It's from the creators of Team Fortress. You mine ores and stuff while defending your base from other people, and giant bugs.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Daggy wrote:I could spend hours just killing my friends
Oh dear

I brought a Pajama Sam hat to camp. I never wore it, but somebody noticed it on the last day and he got a high five for that.
Image Image
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Let me think, I don't like COD because its just so cliche, overly popular, unbalanced multiplayer, and the guns just bother me to no end, I am not a fan of the 3DS because the 3D gives me a massive headache but I do think its a cool concept, just poorly executed. I am a big fan of Hideo Kojima, god he makes great games. I have always loved the Metal Gear Solid franchise ever since MGS1, the first game I LOVED, the story was awesome with great characters, a very cool range of equipment you could get, challenging and rewarding boss battles, plus I think Solid Snake is just cool. Liquid Snake was just as awesome and I thought the perfect bad guy. One character I didn't like was Vulcan Raven, but that's because his battle was just tedious, have you seen how wide his line of sight is!? Plus it was hard sometimes to guide a rocket into Raven without him shooting it down, but I did like his death, he told Snake he would always be watching and than was eaten by the ravens, leaving only a pool of blood, and his gun. Now as far as companies go, I like Bethesda alot. Why? They made Oblivion. Do I need any other reason? I do like Valve but the Source engine is outdated, if they updated it and made Episode 3, I would like them more than I do. Question, is anyone getting the new Hitman game?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Argh, wall of text! *faints*

*revived* Hmm, there seems to be a lot of good online games, but I never actually played any FPS or RTS games, especially online ones, and I don't think I can get any now either DX

Currently, the only games that I regularly play are casual ones, like osu! and Touhou *shot*

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
The Grey Wolverine

What make a longer wall of text? If you insist
Well you see I think
You know what, no I won't torture you further in this thread
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Not so much a wall of text as a rambling block of text. Space it out, put enters between topics. The way it reads now it's like your train of thought can't pick which rails to stay on.

Has anyone tried Kerbal Space Program? It's a free game that's currently in development. Barebones for now, but really fun to make crazy rockets and test them. Don't use the download link on the site, use a mirror or the torrent link on their downloads page.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Hurr durr... sorry, I totally derped with my last post in here. I gave a crap explanation to what Firefall was, and I don't intend to make a wall of text. Soooo...

http://www.firefallthegame.com/ Problem solved! Watch the trailer, check out the game play vids, and such. You'll understand why I can't wait for this game to be out. Oh! You can also sign up to be a beta tester!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Great, now I want Atelier Meruru, and Atelier Totori isn't even out yet.-_-
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:What make a longer wall of text? If you insist
Well you see I think
You know what, no I won't torture you further in this thread
Erm, thanks for the consideration? XD
KalloonWhite wrote:Great, now I want Atelier Meruru, and Atelier Totori isn't even out yet.-_-
How many Atelier games have been released since Iris and Mana Khemia? I'm a bit behind.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Since there's some people that enjoy Minecraft, or however that game is called, I would like to share a video of a team that made an scene of Monty Python and The Hunt of The Holy Grail Did I get the name right? in Minecraft.
Enjoy!

Monty Minecraft and The Holy Grail - A BlindCraft Parody Production
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Russiarules1 wrote:Since there's some people that enjoy Minecraft, or however that game is called, I would like to share a video of a team that made an scene of Monty Python and The Hunt of The Holy Grail Did I get the name right? in Minecraft.
Enjoy!

Monty Minecraft and The Holy Grail - A BlindCraft Parody Production
In response to this, I just wanted to share an event that happened to me in Minecraft.

I built a Red Stone Clock... and it killed a cow. Thank you.

Note to Self: Don't step into my redstone clock... it will prove fatal.
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

kurowolfe wrote:
KalloonWhite wrote:Great, now I want Atelier Meruru, and Atelier Totori isn't even out yet.-_-
How many Atelier games have been released since Iris and Mana Khemia? I'm a bit behind.
About 6.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPYYYY!

PHOENIX WRIGHT IS GONNA BE PLAYABLE IN MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 ULTIMATE EDITION! -roars with laughter- IT REALLY IS ULTIMATE!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

zeldakeeper wrote:XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPYYYY!

PHOENIX WRIGHT IS GONNA BE PLAYABLE IN MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 ULTIMATE EDITION! -roars with laughter- IT REALLY IS ULTIMATE!
Special attack: *points finger* "OBJECTION!" And the sound waves from the shout damage and almost kill instantly.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Tha Housefox wrote:

Special attack: *points finger* "OBJECTION!" And the sound waves from the shout damage and almost kill instantly.
Then he yells "HOLD IT!" to stun the opponent, and "TAKE THAT!" to use evidences as another form of ranged attack? :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Holy cuss why do I keep being excited for this game even if I don't play it?!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Best year(s) ever for being a Ace Attorney fan?
LIVE ACTION MOVIES!
A THEME PARK RIDE!
A CROSSOVER WITH LAYTON
A BRAND NEW GAME
A NEW INVESTIGATIONS GAME

BTW I kid you not, all of the above exist / will exist in the near future.
The Grey Wolverine

zeekgenateer wrote:Not so much a wall of text as a rambling block of text. Space it out, put enters between topics. The way it reads now it's like your train of thought can't pick which rails to stay on.
Heres the thing, i don't have a train of thought, its more like a continuous flow of thoughts flowing into super ramblings, leading to conversations with no central thought, and GIANT blocks of text, though it hasn't happened as often lately.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Mareks wrote:Hurr durr... sorry, I totally derped with my last post in here. I gave a crap explanation to what Firefall was, and I don't intend to make a wall of text. Soooo...

http://www.firefallthegame.com/ Problem solved! Watch the trailer, check out the game play vids, and such. You'll understand why I can't wait for this game to be out. Oh! You can also sign up to be a beta tester!
But the problem is their site doesn't have an "about" page. Is this game an FPS? MMOFPS? MMOFPSRPG? I've been scorned too many times by poor quality MMOFPS's with nice looking trailers and "gameplay" videos that never live up to their promises.

EDIT: I can't get enough of Community Fortress. Here's the Top 10 Plays of June for TF2 from competitive games around the world. Surprisingly enough no US made it into this month's Top 10. Come on, America, pick up your game!
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

zeekgenateer wrote:
Mareks wrote:Hurr durr... sorry, I totally derped with my last post in here. I gave a crap explanation to what Firefall was, and I don't intend to make a wall of text. Soooo...

But the problem is their site doesn't have an "about" page. Is this game an FPS? MMOFPS? MMOFPSRPG? I've been scorned too many times by poor quality MMOFPS's with nice looking trailers and "gameplay" videos that never live up to their promises.

EDIT: I can't get enough of Community Fortress. Here's the Top 10 Plays of June for TF2 from competitive games around the world. Surprisingly enough no US made it into this month's Top 10. Come on, America, pick up your game!
That's the cool thing. It's an MMO RPG, and an FPS. You can switch your view from First person to Third person at the push of a button. Just check some of the gameplay vids.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

The problem is I don't place much trust in media provided by developers or publishers. The last time I got really excited about a MMOFPSRPG was Huxley. I was so into it I even became a mod in a very large Huxley community. The video's looked gorgeous, stylish and fun and the story sounded interesting. The gameplay sounded fun and class based. Then the game came out and it was laggy, poorly put together and was just another boring RPG with FPS combat mechanics where you lagged harder than someone from America trying to play on Australian servers (nothing 'gainst Aussies, but the fiber from here to your country is lacking). Point being: once burned, twice shy.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

zeekgenateer wrote:The problem is I don't place much trust in media provided by developers or publishers. The last time I got really excited about a MMOFPSRPG was Huxley. I was so into it I even became a mod in a very large Huxley community. The video's looked gorgeous, stylish and fun and the story sounded interesting. The gameplay sounded fun and class based. Then the game came out and it was laggy, poorly put together and was just another boring RPG with FPS combat mechanics where you lagged harder than someone from America trying to play on Australian servers (nothing 'gainst Aussies, but the fiber from here to your country is lacking). Point being: once burned, twice shy.
I've never lagged in those kind of games. Then again, my computer is built specifically around playing games. Alienware is a tank at running MMO's and FPS's. So much fun.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

It most certainly wasn't hardware lag, my computer is rock solid. The lag was in poorly written net code. *puts on hipster glasses* and Alienware's? Psh'aw, get the same thing with Asus or custom build for 2-3k cheaper.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I think the majority of FPS are boringly stupid. Call of Duty is the worst, seriously why does anyone on this earth find it fun? RUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOT over and over again! I like Metriod because it's different, like a futuristic Zelda!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

zeldakeeper wrote:I think the majority of FPS are boringly stupid. Call of Duty is the worst, seriously why does anyone on this earth find it fun? RUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOT over and over again! I like Metriod because it's different, like a futuristic Zelda!
By "majority" you must mean the majority based on marketing or player count. There are more "shooters" than Call of Duty would have you believe. My favorite example would be Team Fortress 2, but there are many others, Nexiuz, Quake Live, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces, Goldeneye, Monday Night Combat, Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor, and the list goes on and on.

Though on the Call of Duty front I agree, just not in the same way. The problems that game has are in its poor balancing, map design, coding, player base, and vision.

EDIT: I've been told I forgot CS (Counter Strike). My mistake ;)
Also I'll link this video once more for good measure. Fairly certain you can't call any of those clips "boringly stupid".
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

zeldakeeper wrote:I think the majority of FPS are boringly stupid. Call of Duty is the worst, seriously why does anyone on this earth find it fun? RUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOTRUNSHOOT over and over again! I like Metriod because it's different, like a futuristic Zelda!
You are right, both of you.
I still play it because of the first games. The ones that actually worth playing.
Call of Duty started to die after CoD World at War. World at war the last CoD games that worth's playing. I really liked World at War, in fact, it was my fav :D

I actually think getting BF3, but I also think that this "CoD VS BF3" is stupid.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Russiarules1 wrote:
I still play it because of the first games. The ones that actually worth playing.
Call of Duty started to die after CoD World at War. World at war the last CoD games that worth's playing. I really liked World at War, in fact, it was my fav :D

I actually think getting BF3, but I also think that this "CoD VS BF3" is stupid.
I like how when you say first games, you probably mean you started some time after CoD 2. *readies hipster glasses once more* I stopped playing Call of Duty after Call of Duty:United Offensive. CoD 2 took away grenade cooking, sprinting, weapon fire modes (single fire/full auto), and a whole boat load of other stuff. I miss you CoD:UO, my first FPS love.
The Grey Wolverine

Russiarules1 wrote:

I think COD started to fail after 4, the multiplayer was good but now has been hacked to all hell making it unplayable. Don't get me wrong world at war was good, but most people seemed to play for zombies, not the campaign or the multiplayer. Okay will say this much, 4 had better multiplayer, but WAW had a better campaign IMO.
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I played for campaign (WaW), and it was great! Specially the Russian campaign >.>
The ending almost brought a tear to my eye. It was beautiful.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

TF2 is freaking amazing, very funny and very cool gaming ideas (Cel-shaded graphics makes it fresh too)~ I mean stuff like Brothers in arms and Halo.

I hate it when people bring up the graphics in games like that. They're ugly. Call of Duty: The many shades of brown.

With Zombie games...meeehhhhh. I liked Resi 4, L4D1 and 2 are really fun to play with friends but boring by yourself. I love horror games (Higurashi, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame)~
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

A demo of Silent Hill for PS2 made me jump a couple of times >.>
Darn scary game, hahah... Good times, indeed!
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

zeldakeeper wrote:TF2 is freaking amazing, very funny and very cool gaming ideas (Cel-shaded graphics makes it fresh too)~ I mean stuff like Brothers in arms and Halo.

I hate it when people bring up the graphics in games like that. They're ugly. Call of Duty: The many shades of brown.

With Zombie games...meeehhhhh. I liked Resi 4, L4D1 and 2 are really fun to play with friends but boring by yourself. I love horror games (Higurashi, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame)~
I'd take stylized graphics any day over Real Is Brown. I'm glad gaming seems to have gone that way now that you can't really impress people with how real your game looks anymore. Everything's already pretty real.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Russiarules1 wrote:I played for campaign (WaW), and it was great! Specially the Russian campaign >.>
The ending almost brought a tear to my eye. It was beautiful.
YES.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Sleet wrote:I'd take stylized graphics any day over Real Is Brown. I'm glad gaming seems to have gone that way now that you can't really impress people with how real your game looks anymore. Everything's already pretty real.
I think I like stylized graphics for their timelessness, but I think attempts at realism have their place. Because games that go with realism are at a disadvantage by the limitations of realism they must either work to counteract that limitation through excellent use of the setting or making sure their audience is captivated by characters, story, or gameplay. This is why I still am looking forward to Battlefield 3. The destructible environments add a lot to the gameplay and setting while the voice chatter shown in videos, if a staple throughout the game, makes me all the more eager for its release.

Too bad they cut Steam out of digital distribution. I'm refusing to purchase BF3 from any digital distributor because of it.
exranio

Post by exranio »

That would be like if I refused to watch a movie at Joesph's theater because they won't show it at Marx's.
Not the best analogy but still.