No
25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

Teh Brawler

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by Teh Brawler »

zeldakeeper wrote:I'm not a Furry, but I love them! They're all so adorable -hugs imaginary Furries-
legend of zelda reference in name+pokemon avatar+human forum member=WE MUST BE FRIENDS NOW
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Another furry sympathizer too. *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Link320

Post by Link320 »

I'm (coincidentially) in the same boat as zeldakeeper. I don't consider myself a furry, but seem drawn to the fandom, albeit with less... exuberance :)

On another note as regards the poll result, wouldn't some people look at the topic "Are You a Furry?", think "Nope!" and move on?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't know, the humans here seem to take some sort of pride in their lack of fur among all of us. It makes them feel special. :3

Not to say they aren't, of course!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Sleet wrote:I don't know, the humans here seem to take some sort of pride in their lack of fur among all of us. It makes them feel special. :3

They come in a whole five* (5) colors! Very unique, all 6.8 billion of them.

*or whatever number you wanna go with
bwah bwah
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

Sleet wrote:I don't know, the humans here seem to take some sort of pride in their lack of fur among all of us. It makes them feel special. :3

Aww, Thank you Sleet! We do apreciate that compliment! :D

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Link320 wrote:I'm (coincidentially) in the same boat as zeldakeeper. I don't consider myself a furry, but seem drawn to the fandom, albeit with less... exuberance :)

On another note as regards the poll result, wouldn't some people look at the topic "Are You a Furry?", think "Nope!" and move on?
Well considering, how members who usually say that end up, anyone wanna give him a preemptive welcome to the fandom?

I would, but I'm not a part of it. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I can attest to Tehbs not being a furry in denial. Back in the day, he had so much pressure on him to admit to being a furry, if he didn't crack then, he never will. :lol:
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I am totally rooting for a Pea furry conversion.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Pea is furry-ish. That's good enough for me. :3
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:I am totally rooting for a Pea furry conversion.
I imagine it involves an ancient ritual in an open field during a lightning storm
(which, by the way Chrome, is totally one word, not two)
Image Image
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Well, I am not a furry, but I really enjoy the furry stuff... but, I always asked myself this:
Drawing furry makes me a furry?
How the fudge does people stand the heat in those fur suits?!
I always wondered that.

Anyway, the furry community looks nice, even if others take it to far, but overall, it's really nice.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I wouldn't even known about furries if it wasn't for my little brother, who's a full-fledged furry. He even has a seperate Facebook account for his fursona, and chats between his human and furry accounts XD
Russiarules1 wrote: How the fudge does people stand the heat in those fur suits?!
I always wondered that.
Not really sure, but I do remember commercial mascot suits having ventilation fans installed in them.
Have no idea about home-made ones though.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Russiarules1 wrote:Well, I am not a furry, but I really enjoy the furry stuff... but, I always asked myself this:
I always wondered that.

Anyway, the furry community looks nice, even if others take it to far, but overall, it's really nice.
You really enjoy the furry stuff? In what way? That might actually make you a furry.

Drawing furries does not make someone a furry.

Fursuiters have to take breaks from time to time and drink lots of water.
kurowolfe wrote:I wouldn't even known about furries if it wasn't for my little brother, who's a full-fledged furry. He even has a seperate Facebook account for his fursona, and chats between his human and furry accounts XD
Unless he's a really silly person, that sounds unhealthy, actually. :lol:
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Sleet wrote:
Russiarules1 wrote:Well, I am not a furry, but I really enjoy the furry stuff... but, I always asked myself this:
I always wondered that.

You really enjoy the furry stuff? In what way? That might actually make you a furry.

Drawing furries does not make someone a furry.

Fursuiters have to take breaks from time to time and drink lots of water.
Well, with "stuff", I mean liking couple more of furry comics, cartoons and... yeah, I think that is pretty much it?
Anyway, thanks for clarifying.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Do you like them at least partially because they're furry? Or do you just like them and the anthropomorphic animals are a nonfactor?
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Er... I guess anthropormorphic?Geez, thank you, Sonic the hedgehog...
Isn't athropormophic and furry the same?
Last edited by Russiarules1 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Russiarules1 wrote:Er... I guess anthropormorphic?Geez, thank you, Sonic the hedgehog...
What he means is

Do the cartoon animals make it significantly better?
bwah bwah
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Er... what? I still do not understand.
Guess I'm a lost case -.-"
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Try this:
Imagine two works of art. Both are equally well done. One is furry, and one isn't. (How this works may vary on your definition of furry art)
Do the furry/anthropomorphic characters make art, in your opinion, objectively better in this situation (so that you would favor the furry work), or does it not really matter (you like them both fairly equally)?
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Holy crap, I guess I would go for the furry/anthropomorphic picture. I guess it's not bad at all, but I still don't classify myself as a furry.
I blame my sister for introducing me to the anthropomorphic/furry world... darn it, heh. (I blame her because she started to draw dogs and dragons in human forms. Years later, I did something like "fan characters" from Sonic the Hedgehog, because my sister and I were really interested on those ol' Sonic series. Months later, I stopped drawing. Every now and then I drew something in the last pages of a notebook in some random class at school. About a year or two ago, I created a character called "Dimitri", a crappy drawn husky in a "human" form {In those days, I discovered that I couldn't draw a person for crap, so, since I had some practice with drawing animals all thanks to my sister, I drew him}, maybe a year later, I created another dog in a "human" form, which it was Vanya. She was an "unspecified" dog, because I had no idea what kind of dog was she, heh. All I knew about her was that she was female, a dog and completely different from Dimitri {Dimitri and Vania/Vanya, for some reason, they got along. Maybe because I have this physics concept of NegativeXNegative= +, but I digress}. Months later, I replaced Vanya for a cat {Maybe a Russian Blue or a Chartreux [French Cat], I guess a Chartreux would be better, just because I came from French family} and named her Victoria {Named her that way in honor to my grandmother, who I never got to meet} I only drew her once, but where did the drawing go? Well, I have no firetrucking idea, maybe I threw it away when I was cleaning up my room {Good thing I drew her again, a couple of weeks ago. Drawing of her in my gallery at dA}. Because of school and such things that happened to me and my family, I stopped drawing for some time. Until last August or September, I discovered Housepets! The comic woke up my interests of drawing again and I decided to draw Dimitri in that famous style...)
I wold keep writing, but the neighbors are screaming at each other, again, and I can barely concentrate. I'll continue later. Viva la estupida sociedad de Tijuana.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I call furry denial.
kidding.

But seriously, it sounds like you're pretty much a furry. You draw anthropomorphic animals, and you enjoy them, and their presence in media makes the work more interesting for you.
bwah bwah
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sleet wrote:Do you like them at least partially because they're furry? Or do you just like them and the anthropomorphic animals are a nonfactor?
THANK YOU FOR LEGITIMIZING MY ENJOYMENT OF HOUSEPETS WITH THAT LAST QUESTION
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Sleet wrote:Do you like them at least partially because they're furry? Or do you just like them and the anthropomorphic animals are a nonfactor?
You mean you were worried about reading a furry webcomic without being a furry? Ha!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sleet wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
You mean you were worried about reading a furry webcomic without being a furry? Ha!
It's called being silly you twit :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Teh Brawler wrote:
It's called being silly you twit :P

*brofive*

Yeah, it's called being silly, sleet. :B
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Tobee wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:It's called being silly you twit :P
*brofive*

Yeah, it's called being silly, sleet. :B
*accepts brofive*

@Russian: While I would say that those factors point strongly towards someone who is a furry, you don't have to classify yourself as one if you don't want to. If you like furry work, that's fine; I do, too (AT A CERTAIN LEVEL, SLEET, DON'T GET ANY IDEAS), but I don't classify myself as a furry. Now, my position is different than yours, as anthropomorphic animals really don't affect my interest in a piece, but that still doesn't mean you HAVE to classify yourself as anything. A better example would be, I really enjoy comics, and any view of something drawn in a comic book/comic strip style pulls me in, and makes me interested, no matter what it is. But I still don't consider myself a comic book nerd, simply because I have other things in my life. I like comics, a lot, but I like other things, too, and I don't want to classify myself just because I fit some criteria. Of course, your choice is your own to make, I'm just giving my opinion.

Teel Deer: You can call yourself a furry if you want, but don't feel pressured into doing it simply because you like some things.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

HOWEVER, there is a point where there's not really any reason to deny the label. Classifying yourself as furry is just a way of identifying some of your interests, and you'd still have those interests regardless of whether you use the term. If you fit pretty black-and-white in the definition, there's no reason to push away the term.
bwah bwah
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Psykeout wrote:HOWEVER, there is a point where there's not really any reason to deny the label. Classifying yourself as furry is just a way of identifying some of your interests, and you'd still have those interests regardless of whether you use the term. If you fit pretty black-and-white in the definition, there's no reason to push away the term.
The problem is that there is no clear definition. It's self-defined, an there's really no pressure to be one.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Tha Housefox wrote:
Psykeout wrote:HOWEVER, there is a point where there's not really any reason to deny the label. Classifying yourself as furry is just a way of identifying some of your interests, and you'd still have those interests regardless of whether you use the term. If you fit pretty black-and-white in the definition, there's no reason to push away the term.
The problem is that there is no clear definition. It's self-defined, an there's really no pressure to be one.
yeah, but there's a point where you go into furry denial territory.

We call this "Being teh Brawler"
bwah bwah
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Chill out, dudettes, there's no need to throw around accusations.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The furrier a non-furry is, the harder it is to deny it. If there's some ambiguity, it's probably true if you say you're not a furry. If you're pretty much a full-on furry but you say you aren't, then you're most likely in denial.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Just trying to be helpful. :P

Towards Psyke, you can look at my art and tell me how much of it is furry. 8-)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Ok, since everything looks like is going out of control, I'll just say that I am a furry, just to make every one shut up. Aunque no lo sea...
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Russiarules1 wrote:Ok, since everything looks like is going out of control, I'll just say that I am a furry, just to make every one shut up. Aunque no lo sea...
nah, we're just picking on each other.
bwah bwah
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am not a furry. Look at my sig. Everyone thinks I am a furry, and then their minds blow up when they learn I am not. I just don't get it...

I do not fit into the category laid forth by Sleet. Anthropomorphic animals do not in any way affect my decision. I am obsessed with personalities. :lol:

Though that hasn't stopped a lot of you from trying to convert me*cough* Sleet *cough* :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

copper wrote:I am not a furry. Look at my sig. Everyone thinks I am a furry, and then their minds blow up when they learn I am not. I just don't get it...

I do not fit into the category laid forth by Sleet. Anthropomorphic animals do not in any way affect my decision. I am obsessed with personalities. :lol:

Though that hasn't stopped a lot of you from trying to convert me*cough* Sleet *cough* :lol:
I feel like hugging you right now.

Stupid internet limitations.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

copper wrote:I do not fit into the category laid forth by Sleet. Anthropomorphic animals do not in any way affect my decision. I am obsessed with personalities. :lol:
this. this is me.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

copper wrote:I do not fit into the category laid forth by Sleet. Anthropomorphic animals do not in any way affect my decision. I am obsessed with personalities. :lol:
I guess this is where I differ in that. Them being Furry just makes them look cutesy (most of the time) and personalities help enforce that. :3
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Wow, when you guys put it like that, makes me think that I wouldn't really be a furry. But I like pretending to be a raccoon to much, so I'll just say that I am a furry. No one will ever know I'm not! Muwahahaha! (unless they read this post I guess)