Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Oh, it's up the road from here, actually it's the next neighborhood over: an easy walk." Peter-Rabbit replied, "It's more child-friendly than pet-friendly though, so I walk over here during the day... Yeah, there are a few other cats around here, like Sid. Yeah, he's kind of mean... but he's not so bad once you talk to him... Still a bit scary, I think he was in a gang or something..." Peter-Rabbit shuddered a bit, "Scary guy..."

==== Meanwhile ====
Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki continued and lead him through the bushes, which ended and opened up into a wide open area, shaded by massive trees, which blocked out the sun far above them, preventing much growth on the forest floor. "This is it!" Rikki said, standing up and stretching out, "Brookshire Forest!"
Gladius was awestruck at the sight of the magnificent forest, but at the same time he was consumed by a heart-wrenching fear, though not enough to overcome his excitement at being able to see something new. The trees were so tall, so towering, so magnificent. The foliage around him had either massive or a multitude of leave unlike their short needled cousins in the desert. It was beautiful, it was bizarre, it was something he could not just look at with a distance. He ran towards one, moving so closely that his nose was almost touching the plant, he looked at it so intently, thinking on what he could do with it, how it defends itself and if Oleus would want one. He went from plant to plant examining them with his eyes, and scribbling details down on a little notebook he had pulled out of his pocket, occasionally taking a sample and closing the pages on the entry over it. Oh!, Gladius perked up and disappeared for a moment in the thicket. A few seconds later, he emerged near Rikki, now holding a white towel that was bulged like a satchel. A light crunching and squishing sound could be heard from his closed mouth that moved up and down ever so slightly at regular intervals.
Rikki raised a brow at his strange companion: was this normal behavior for ferrets? What a strange creature... He watched Gladius run back into the bushes and return with something that he'd bagged (Rikki, knowing a few odd things that pets did, wasn't sure he wanted to know what it was) He also noticed the ferret eating something.... "Um... Find a mushroom?" he asked.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Ok," Max said, absorbing everything he was told, "though I don't think I'll fear Sid. Scary people always have a reason for what they do. It just doesn't always make sense. Even gangs aren't quite to be feared. People group together when they find they need an edge over someone or something else. There is strength in numbers and gangs just use that to get what they want as a collective."

In contrast, Nate wasn't so optimistic. He was shaking again. Cats! More cats! And at that one which qualified as mean and scary for this cat. If he scared another cat, this Sid would have to be terrifying to a mouse. So, his hands got probably as close to iron grips as a mouse could get and really held him down. Sort of like how people spooked by something close their eyes and hope it goes away. Though, he was doing that too. Why wouldn't he be getting petted yet? Then he didn't care about this stuff.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Rikki raised a brow at his strange companion: was this normal behavior for ferrets? What a strange creature... He watched Gladius run back into the bushes and return with something that he'd bagged (Rikki, knowing a few odd things that pets did, wasn't sure he wanted to know what it was) He also noticed the ferret eating something.... "Um... Find a mushroom?" he asked.
Gladius swallowed whatever it was he had in his mouth before he even thought of answering Rikki. "Nah, something better.", claimed the ferret as he opened the towel slightly to give Rikki a good look. Twenty-four long legs could be counted inside the improvised satchel, the coloring of the captives indicates that they were of a low-risk species, any wilderness guide would know that they were huntsman spiders. "I just love these things. So crunchy, so chewy.", he claimed as he started to reach for another, but he stopped midway. "You want one?", he offered as he brought the bag closer to Rikki.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Peter-Rabbit thought about that: someone who SID was afraid of? Sid was REALLY SCARY. Like, the scariest cat he'd ever met by far. Even the strays and alleycats from where he'd lived before weren't as scary as Sid. He shuddered again, "I don't wanna think about something that Sid would be scared of... I'm pretty sure he'd beat up a wolf if it looked at him the wrong way... And wolves sound really scary..."

Meanwhile, a few miles away...
"Achoo!" Ceasar sneezed... he shook his head off and looked around for a second, then shrugged, going back to what he was doing... which happened to be drawing funny little animals in a notebook and giggling at them with his mate. (this was about the most unscary thing he could do, so...)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"There's always something out there" Max said, "but the only thing to be afraid of is your own fear. If you get over that, you'll find yourself a great deal crazier but braver and able to face greater challenges." He was somewhat reliving his time with that revolutionary band of his. A number of little adventures came to his mind. "Nothing is impossible. All that matters is how hard you work towards your goal. Besides, he doesn't have to be afraid of anything, just see it as an obstacle."

"Garbage, pure nonsense" Nate muttered to himself, perhaps just load enough for Peter-rabbit to hear it. Man or mouse? He was worse than the most fearful of mice. If Max were just to say 'boo' the creature would jump right out of its skin.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Samuel noticed that the sounds of musket fire had suddenly stopped. he opened his eyes and noticed that his surroundings had changed. what new madness is this. I close my eyes for an instant and suddenly my surroundings have changed. Be this witchcraft? he stood up and wandered around a bit, trying to figure out what was going on.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku yawned, wandering about through the forest for some breakfast (even though it was around noon now, raccoons always sleep late). He'd been walking in the direction opposite the development when suddenly he felt a jolt go through his tail. It felt like there was an electric charge blaring through it at high speed, and it causeed him to arch his back and drop to all fours, looking around in surprise for the source of the feeling... He remembered his father telling him that raccoon-tails were special, and that they could sense when "strange things" were happening, but he'd never really thought too much about that before, because he'd never had a feeling like this one... He heard someone on the other side of a large log, and slowly crept in that direction, still on all fours, trying to get a better look as the feelings in his tail died down to a soft buzzing...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Samuel noticed a small sound coming from the other side of a large log. he wandered in that direction, slowly in case it was a hunter, and saw a small raccoon. "hello, Raccoon. perhaps you could help me regain my composure, for I seem to have lost some memory of how I came to be here. one instant, it was the dead of night, and now the sun has risen. Where am I?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Hey, I need to know if there's anything particularly interesting about Samuel's appearance right now, like if he's wearing something... And do you use the IRC? I like talking to players there... ))

Taku blinked in mild confusion for a second before responding, "Oh! You musta' been 're-low-cay-ted' then!" He said with a reassuring smile, "Yeah, humans do that sometimes, you must be a rare breed or something, or they were movin' you fer some reason or a 'nother..." he approached the seemingly harmless and healthy fox, looking him over, "I bet they stuck one of them tags on you or somethin'..." He tried to be helpful, like his dad was: he needed to make some new friends anyway, and a relocated animal shouldn't be too hard to befriend...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Samuel didn't know what this "re-low-cay-ted" was. "you speak a bit strangely, raccoon. though I probably should ask for your name, as calling you 'raccoon' seems a bit rude. My name is Samuel, What is yours?" as he said this, he was looking around at his surroundings.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku didn't really know what "Relocated" was either, but he did notice the dialect-gap, "Wow, you must be from some other part of the country entirely with all them fancy mannerisms... My name's Taku, son of Rikki, who was the son of Old Kinut, who was the son of... I dunno, someone... I lost track there...." he didn't give it any more thought, "ANYWAY, So where ya from, Samuel? Same country? Can't be from the same state... You even from the 'You Ess'?" Taku didn't know what "U.S." meant, and being illiterate, he'd never tied it to "United States".
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

razgriz wrote:"There's always something out there" Max said, "but the only thing to be afraid of is your own fear. If you get over that, you'll find yourself a great deal crazier but braver and able to face greater challenges." He was somewhat reliving his time with that revolutionary band of his. A number of little adventures came to his mind. "Nothing is impossible. All that matters is how hard you work towards your goal. Besides, he doesn't have to be afraid of anything, just see it as an obstacle."

"Garbage, pure nonsense" Nate muttered to himself, perhaps just load enough for Peter-rabbit to hear it. Man or mouse? He was worse than the most fearful of mice. If Max were just to say 'boo' the creature would jump right out of its skin.
"Huh? You say something?" Peter looked up at Nate with a bit of confusion... He looked over at Max, "I guess, if you say so..."

(( Max has some great Charisma. If I was more interested in this part of the RP, I'd probably have a better response for it, but I sadly do not... ))
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: "Huh? You say something?" Peter looked up at Nate with a bit of confusion... He looked over at Max, "I guess, if you say so..."

(( Max has some great Charisma. If I was more interested in this part of the RP, I'd probably have a better response for it, but I sadly do not... ))
"Hmm?" Max said, looking up at the mouse. Didn't look like the little guy was saying anything, just laying there, terrefied as ever. Up ahead he saw the park and for a good several minutes it got all of his attention, every little detail. "So, this is the park."

In truth, the mouse wasn't quite staying still. He had moved over to the cat's ear farthest from Max and was whispering into it. "His crazy ideas are just trouble" he whispered, but then stopped and looked up at the park. His city had those, but they were much more dangerous. None but the bravest or most feared were around there as in large part the worst of the worst were there. This was different though, it actually wasn't threatening! "ooh."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku didn't really know what "Relocated" was either, but he did notice the dialect-gap, "Wow, you must be from some other part of the country entirely with all them fancy mannerisms... My name's Taku, son of Rikki, who was the son of Old Kinut, who was the son of... I dunno, someone... I lost track there...." he didn't give it any more thought, "ANYWAY, So where ya from, Samuel? Same country? Can't be from the same state... You even from the 'You Ess'?" Taku didn't know what "U.S." meant, and being illiterate, he'd never tied it to "United States".
"I hail from Salem, Massachusetts. Last I remember, the kind woman who nursed me to health was accused of witchcraft and taken away. then they hunted me." he said sadly. "no matter. Where are we currently?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Acer tapped his fingers on his desktop, relatively bored. He’d decided to do a little unpacking since being dropped off at his new house. His owner had gone off somewhere for something important, simply leaving him there by himself for the time being, he obviously had a lot of trust in him. The house was mostly empty and there were still boxes all over the place. The terrier had spent pretty much the entire morning looking for more projects to work on or, new ones to create. But by now he thought it was time he went to actually do some sightseeing and meet any other pets that might be out.

He made sure to lock everything up before leaving, stashing the house keys in his already heavy looking collar and beginning to stroll down the sidewalk. Acer’s mind seemed to be elsewhere as he went along.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Rikki raised a brow at his strange companion: was this normal behavior for ferrets? What a strange creature... He watched Gladius run back into the bushes and return with something that he'd bagged (Rikki, knowing a few odd things that pets did, wasn't sure he wanted to know what it was) He also noticed the ferret eating something.... "Um... Find a mushroom?" he asked.
Gladius swallowed whatever it was he had in his mouth before he even thought of answering Rikki. "Nah, something better.", claimed the ferret as he opened the towel slightly to give Rikki a good look. Twenty-four long legs could be counted inside the improvised satchel, the coloring of the captives indicates that they were of a low-risk species, any wilderness guide would know that they were huntsman spiders. "I just love these things. So crunchy, so chewy.", he claimed as he started to reach for another, but he stopped midway. "You want one?", he offered as he brought the bag closer to Rikki.
"Oooh yeah!" Rikki said, grinning as he accepted one, "These are pretty good!" he popped it in his mouth and started munching on it. "So anyway," he said, having downed it much faster than the smaller animal could, "Yeah, there's a few things out here... How about I show you around?"

(( Not sure there are any Huntsman spiders in the Midwest, but OK. ))
razgriz wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: "Huh? You say something?" Peter looked up at Nate with a bit of confusion... He looked over at Max, "I guess, if you say so..."

"Hmm?" Max said, looking up at the mouse. Didn't look like the little guy was saying anything, just laying there, terrefied as ever. Up ahead he saw the park and for a good several minutes it got all of his attention, every little detail. "So, this is the park."

In truth, the mouse wasn't quite staying still. He had moved over to the cat's ear farthest from Max and was whispering into it. "His crazy ideas are just trouble" he whispered, but then stopped and looked up at the park. His city had those, but they were much more dangerous. None but the bravest or most feared were around there as in large part the worst of the worst were there. This was different though, it actually wasn't threatening! "ooh."
Peter-Rabbit glanced up for a second, "Huh? What are you talking about?" but the mouse was now interested in the little park he'd taken them to. Peter-Rabbit smiled, "Oh yeah, there it is!" he started walking over to the swings...
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku didn't really know what "Relocated" was either, but he did notice the dialect-gap, "Wow, you must be from some other part of the country entirely with all them fancy mannerisms... My name's Taku, son of Rikki, who was the son of Old Kinut, who was the son of... I dunno, someone... I lost track there...." he didn't give it any more thought, "ANYWAY, So where ya from, Samuel? Same country? Can't be from the same state... You even from the 'You Ess'?" Taku didn't know what "U.S." meant, and being illiterate, he'd never tied it to "United States".
"I hail from Salem, Massachusetts. Last I remember, the kind woman who nursed me to health was accused of witchcraft and taken away. then they hunted me." he said sadly. "no matter. Where are we currently?"
""Massah-chew-sets"?" Taku said, flavoring the word in his mouth, "Isn't that like... On the 'coast'? Is it to the East or West? I dunno... That's a long ways away... I guess they figured you were better off here..." he thought a bit more. Samuel had mentioned "Witchcraft". Rikki had said something about "Witchcraft" to Taku before, but it was a passing comment and he couldn't remember what Rikki had said... He decided not to bother with it. "So... I think someone told me we're near some place where 'Arr Can Saw'. But I don't know who that is, or why he would saw anything... But this is like, the midwestern 'You Ess', whatever that means..." he glanced around, then back at Samuel, who he got a little closer to, "So... You want me to show you around? There's like, nice stuff to eat around here... Lots of nice trees and stuff..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I would like to be shown around. Become familiar with my new surroundings." He was still looking around, still a bit confused about what was going on.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Peter-Rabbit glanced up for a second, "Huh? What are you talking about?" but the mouse was now interested in the little park he'd taken them to. Peter-Rabbit smiled, "Oh yeah, there it is!" he started walking over to the swings...
"Please tell me your not going to swing really high" Nate squeaked when he saw the swings. He was fairly certain that a fall from the swing's sweet could kill him, let alone the chances of being launched off the cat's head. Mice lead a risky life. In this case, it wasn't even by choice.

The black cat followed Peter Rabbit over to the swings. There he sat and wondered just how high he could get. "So, do other pets come here often or do they just stick in their houses?" he asked as he started to swing. As Max got higher, he saw more of the neighborhood. it was actually quite organized, as far as he could tell, so it shouldn't be hard to learn the lay of the land.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:Gladius swallowed whatever it was he had in his mouth before he even thought of answering Rikki. "Nah, something better.", claimed the ferret as he opened the towel slightly to give Rikki a good look. Twenty-four long legs could be counted inside the improvised satchel, the coloring of the captives indicates that they were of a low-risk species, any wilderness guide would know that they were huntsman spiders. "I just love these things. So crunchy, so chewy.", he claimed as he started to reach for another, but he stopped midway. "You want one?", he offered as he brought the bag closer to Rikki.
"Oooh yeah!" Rikki said, grinning as he accepted one, "These are pretty good!" he popped it in his mouth and started munching on it. "So anyway," he said, having downed it much faster than the smaller animal could, "Yeah, there's a few things out here... How about I show you around?"

(( Not sure there are any Huntsman spiders in the Midwest, but OK. ))
Gladius quickly closed the improvised pouch to prevent his snacks from escaping, "Hmm... Wait, let me check the map again for a moment.", he said as he took a leather strip with a clasp and fastened his snack bag on a set of rings on his chaleco. He then reached for the map and started to check.

"I would like to stop by the ranger station first, but that would be going away from the original destination. Maybe we can just take the safest path and you can just point out places of interests to me?", Gladius suggested with slight uncertainty.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

After some time walking with his head in clouds, Acer soon noticed he was nearing a park. As he walked off the sidewalk and into the area he noticed two pets were already there. Two cats to be exact, playing on the swings. He stood there for a moment watching them with a bit of a distant look on his face.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I would like to be shown around. Become familiar with my new surroundings." He was still looking around, still a bit confused about what was going on.
Taku blinked: this guy was a weirdo. But he was polite anyway, "Okay!" he yipped with a smile, "I guess I'll show you to... my tree! yeah, that's a good place to be!" he turned around and started heading in that direction...
razgriz wrote:"Please tell me your not going to swing really high" Nate squeaked when he saw the swings. He was fairly certain that a fall from the swing's sweet could kill him, let alone the chances of being launched off the cat's head. Mice lead a risky life. In this case, it wasn't even by choice.

The black cat followed Peter Rabbit over to the swings. There he sat and wondered just how high he could get. "So, do other pets come here often or do they just stick in their houses?" he asked as he started to swing. As Max got higher, he saw more of the neighborhood. it was actually quite organized, as far as he could tell, so it shouldn't be hard to learn the lay of the land.
"Oh, don't worry!" Peter-Rabbit reassured him, "I'll be careful with you..." He walked over to the swing and sat down on it, gently lifting the mouse off his head and cupping it in his hands, stroking it a bit with his thumbs as he grinned down at it, "You want to just sit in my lap?"
Hypergenesis wrote:Gladius quickly closed the improvised pouch to prevent his snacks from escaping, "Hmm... Wait, let me check the map again for a moment.", he said as he took a leather strip with a clasp and fastened his snack bag on a set of rings on his chaleco. He then reached for the map and started to check.

"I would like to stop by the ranger station first, but that would be going away from the original destination. Maybe we can just take the safest path and you can just point out places of interests to me?", Gladius suggested with slight uncertainty.
"The Ranger's Station?" Rikki asked, a bit confused, "Nah, they're busy: I know my way around this place real well anyway, no need to ask for directions or anything..." he turned and started walking off into the forest, waving for Gladius to follow, "C'mon! This way!"
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Oh. Okay.", Gladius agreed as he followed the raccoon deeper into the forest. His excitement seems to have calmed down quite a bit after eating, now just calmly noting down the path they took as well as the fauna around it. While walking through a section where everything was already recorded, Gladius moved up closer to Rikki, "Hey, uh, if you don't mind me asking. Are you a pet?", he asked cautiously though still continuing to walk by the raccoon's side.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I would like to be shown around. Become familiar with my new surroundings." He was still looking around, still a bit confused about what was going on.
Taku blinked: this guy was a weirdo. But he was polite anyway, "Okay!" he yipped with a smile, "I guess I'll show you to... my tree! yeah, that's a good place to be!" he turned around and started heading in that direction...
Samuel's eyes glowed green for an instant. not even he really noticed, but he noticed he suddenly knew how this raccoon thinks me strange. but how do I know that. I don't think he said that. odd. no matter, at least he knows I'm a gentleman. "Yes, I suppose that would be a good place to start a tour."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: "Oh, don't worry!" Peter-Rabbit reassured him, "I'll be careful with you..." He walked over to the swing and sat down on it, gently lifting the mouse off his head and cupping it in his hands, stroking it a bit with his thumbs as he grinned down at it, "You want to just sit in my lap?"
The mouse was unsettled at first, still expecting to be eaten every time someone picked him up. And then the gentle petting returned. He looked up and was for a few seconds terrified but he sort of got over it, his heart continued to race and addrenaline was pouring through him for what good it did a mouse. "I guess so" he managed to stutter out.

Max now, was nowhere near so calm. He had nothing to be afraid of given that he had taken heights which were small now but would be huge if scaled up. Therefore, he was going as fast as he could and at the top of one arc through, jumped off to land kinda hard but ok in the soft wood chip covered area. He stretched and then looked around the area, spotting Acer. "Hello over there!" he called, quite possibly making a fool of himself. "Care to join us?"
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Acer seemed to flinch as the cat leapt off the swing and landed in a spot not too far away from him. His expression went from tired and distant to bright and alert. “Sure!” He shouted back, giving a slight wave. As he walked up to the two cat’s he further greeted. “Hey there, my name’s Acer. I just moved into this neighborhood this morning. That was a pretty nice leap.”
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Me too" Max said, "we got here I think an hour or so ago, maybe a bit more." He held out a hand to shake "I'm Max."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"Oh. Okay.", Gladius agreed as he followed the raccoon deeper into the forest. His excitement seems to have calmed down quite a bit after eating, now just calmly noting down the path they took as well as the fauna around it. While walking through a section where everything was already recorded, Gladius moved up closer to Rikki, "Hey, uh, if you don't mind me asking. Are you a pet?", he asked cautiously though still continuing to walk by the raccoon's side.
Rikki blinked a bit: he'd been wondering how long Gladius would take to figure it out, as he seemed a bit more wizened than other pets of his intelligence level... "Well..." he said, coming foward about the matter, "Not really... I just work for the park ranger, and I hang out with him and the pets in the development alot, because there's not alot to do out here..." he glanced down at Gladius, "That bother you at all?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Samuel's eyes glowed green for an instant. not even he really noticed, but he noticed he suddenly knew how this raccoon thinks me strange. but how do I know that. I don't think he said that. odd. no matter, at least he knows I'm a gentleman. "Yes, I suppose that would be a good place to start a tour."
Taku glanced back down at his tail just as Samuel's eyes glowed, and he completely missed the effect as he slowed, reaching down and stroking his tail, Odd... That energy is acting up again...Not as strong, but what the heck is my tail noticing? Oh well... he glanced back at Samuel, straightening back up, "Um... Hey, you coming?"
razgriz wrote:The mouse was unsettled at first, still expecting to be eaten every time someone picked him up. And then the gentle petting returned. He looked up and was for a few seconds terrified but he sort of got over it, his heart continued to race and addrenaline was pouring through him for what good it did a mouse. "I guess so" he managed to stutter out.
Peter-Rabbit set the mouse gently in his lap, making sure he wasn't going to fall out or anything (not that he was likely to get hurt if he did: even Peter-Rabbit knew that mice could take pretty far falls for their size) He gently started swinging, not going too high, just enjoying the gentle rocking motion, and the breeze that it brought.

He looked up at Max, who was now talking to a dog, who looked slightly familiar, though Peter-Rabbit didn't know from where though... That was ok, dogs were generally nice to hang out with...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku glanced back down at his tail just as Samuel's eyes glowed, and he completely missed the effect as he slowed, reaching down and stroking his tail, Odd... That energy is acting up again...Not as strong, but what the heck is my tail noticing? Oh well... he glanced back at Samuel, straightening back up, "Um... Hey, you coming?"
"Lead the way and I will follow, Taku." he was still wondering how he had suddenly gained insight into Taku's thoughts. He followed him.
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki blinked a bit: he'd been wondering how long Gladius would take to figure it out, as he seemed a bit more wizened than other pets of his intelligence level... "Well..." he said, coming foward about the matter, "Not really... I just work for the park ranger, and I hang out with him and the pets in the development alot, because there's not alot to do out here..." he glanced down at Gladius, "That bother you at all?"
"Not at all.", Gladius replied, "I'm not a pet myself.", he informed, "Although I wonder how long it would stay that way.", he continued a bit more solemnly. Suddenly, Gladius paused in his step, shook his head and gave himself a few waking slaps to his cheeks. "Sorry, I just had been thinking how differently Oleus has been treating me for the past month.", he apologized as he continued on walking, "So are you a native of this forest or were you brought here from some other place?", he asked again.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"Not at all.", Gladius replied, "I'm not a pet myself.", he informed, "Although I wonder how long it would stay that way.", he continued a bit more solemnly. Suddenly, Gladius paused in his step, shook his head and gave himself a few waking slaps to his cheeks. "Sorry, I just had been thinking how differently Oleus has been treating me for the past month.", he apologized as he continued on walking, "So are you a native of this forest or were you brought here from some other place?", he asked again.
Rikki nodded, "I see... No you don't have as many pet-like mannerisms as you do working-animal ones..." he continued, "No, I've lived here all my life. So has my son, though his mother and brother left last spring..." he glanced down at Gladius, going back to the origional topic, "You know, when Ranger Jack and I first met, I was really badly injured, and they had to take care of me for a while. I started worrying that I might become some sort of pet right then, but I don't think being wild ever leaves you... You're still the same person you were back when you worked on those "arr-kay-oh-lo-gee" things... You just have less you need to do and more you can do for fun." he smiled... "Speaking of living places," he added, "Wanna see my home?"

==== A few miles away ====
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Lead the way and I will follow, Taku." he was still wondering how he had suddenly gained insight into Taku's thoughts. He followed him.
Taku lead the way, the prickling of his tail once again going to the back of his mind. He took Samuel across the open ground of the forest-floor, winding a bit to stop at a berry-bush. "Hungry?" he asked, picking some berries and popping them into his mouth, crunching down the stems with them...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku lead the way, the prickling of his tail once again going to the back of his mind. He took Samuel across the open ground of the forest-floor, winding a bit to stop at a berry-bush. "Hungry?" he asked, picking some berries and popping them into his mouth, crunching down the stems with them...
"I suppose I am." his stomach growled a bit. he hadn't eaten anything since those men took away the nice lady. he reached over and grabbed some berries and put them in his mouth. he actually would have preferred some meat, but he found that it was bad form to eat the creature showing you around a new environment. It was past prime hunting hours, anyway.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki nodded, "I see... No you don't have as many pet-like mannerisms as you do working-animal ones..." he continued, "No, I've lived here all my life. So has my son, though his mother and brother left last spring..." he glanced down at Gladius, going back to the origional topic, "You know, when Ranger Jack and I first met, I was really badly injured, and they had to take care of me for a while. I started worrying that I might become some sort of pet right then, but I don't think being wild ever leaves you... You're still the same person you were back when you worked on those "arr-kay-oh-lo-gee" things... You just have less you need to do and more you can do for fun." he smiled... "Speaking of living places," he added, "Wanna see my home?"
"Sure, lead the way.", Gladius answered, "And thanks for sharing your story, although sorry to hear about your wife.", he added as he continued following the raccoon.

(( Sorry, couldn't say much. ))
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Peter-Rabbit set the mouse gently in his lap, making sure he wasn't going to fall out or anything (not that he was likely to get hurt if he did: even Peter-Rabbit knew that mice could take pretty far falls for their size) He gently started swinging, not going too high, just enjoying the gentle rocking motion, and the breeze that it brought.

He looked up at Max, who was now talking to a dog, who looked slightly familiar, though Peter-Rabbit didn't know from where though... That was ok, dogs were generally nice to hang out with...
Sitting there, Nate was pretty comfortable and he tried to enjoy this while he could. He didn't completely let his guard down but he relaxed more. It seemed this cat was friendly, "which is either a ploy to torture me or the truth" Nate thought sitting there. "Which is better than Max, he'll kill me as soon as he feels like it."
Last edited by razgriz on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( I bugged you two. I'm in a bit of a rush and this was the one I immediately thought of a response to... ))
Hypergenesis wrote:"Sure, lead the way.", Gladius answered, "And thanks for sharing your story, although sorry to hear about your wife.", he added as he continued following the raccoon.
Rikki glanced over at Gladius, confused, "...'wife'...? ...s-sorry? I.... No, no, she's not dead, she just moved away. She's absolutely fine... well, as far as I know... Her and my other son migrated to another forest, that's all... I don't..." he wasn't entirely familiar with the concept of a "wife", and he wasn't sure why Gladius thought there was something wrong: he'd had children, and one of them had left with his mate... What was there to be sorry about?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki glanced over at Gladius, confused, "...'wife'...? ...s-sorry? I.... No, no, she's not dead, she just moved away. She's absolutely fine... well, as far as I know... Her and my other son migrated to another forest, that's all... I don't..." he wasn't entirely familiar with the concept of a "wife", and he wasn't sure why Gladius thought there was something wrong: he'd had children, and one of them had left with his mate... What was there to be sorry about?
"I know she just moved away, but I mean, how about your kids? Don't they miss their mom? Don't you miss her?", Gladius tried to explain though his tone seemed to give up by the end. "Sorry again, I must have sounded really weird then. Maybe it's because I miss my mom and my brother. I never really got a chance to know the both of them very well and I sometimes wonder if I made the right choices.", he explained, "... You must be really tired of hearing this, but sorry again. I normally don't get to talk with others like this before so once I started I guess I just couldn't stop... It's a really lame excuse huh?", he tried laughing in the end to lighten the mood.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Acer took a second to look over Max before shaking paws with him. “I guess I’m not alone then. I was just taking a walk to get to know this neighborhood better. Is your friend over there new too? Maybe we could all go together?”
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:Acer took a second to look over Max before shaking paws with him. “I guess I’m not alone then. I was just taking a walk to get to know this neighborhood better. Is your friend over there new too? Maybe we could all go together?”
"The cat?" Max said, turning to face PeterRabbit, "no, he's been around, but the mouse over there with him is with me." He paused and turned to face Acer, "I would though, be happy to explore the area with you. I was up to the same thing, this park here was my first stop."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku lead the way, the prickling of his tail once again going to the back of his mind. He took Samuel across the open ground of the forest-floor, winding a bit to stop at a berry-bush. "Hungry?" he asked, picking some berries and popping them into his mouth, crunching down the stems with them...
"I suppose I am." his stomach growled a bit. he hadn't eaten anything since those men took away the nice lady. he reached over and grabbed some berries and put them in his mouth. he actually would have preferred some meat, but he found that it was bad form to eat the creature showing you around a new environment. It was past prime hunting hours, anyway.
Taku nommed the berries while standing next to the other animal. He was a bit hungry too, and the thought of simply grabbing the scrawny fox and making a meal out of him had also crossed his mind, but only briefly: the fox was a few inches taller than him, and would probably take more energy than he was worth.

Suddenly, Taku froze. He stood still for a brief moment before shooting into the bush, where a little squeak was heard, ended by a sudden snapping noise. Taku was relatively still for the next moment, but slowly turned and started heading out of the bushes, something hanging from his mouth. "Snack upgraded to light meal." he said deadpan.

(( K. Nothing more gruesome than that please. ))
razgriz wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Peter-Rabbit set the mouse gently in his lap, making sure he wasn't going to fall out or anything (not that he was likely to get hurt if he did: even Peter-Rabbit knew that mice could take pretty far falls for their size) He gently started swinging, not going too high, just enjoying the gentle rocking motion, and the breeze that it brought.

Sitting there, Nate was pretty comfortable and he tried to enjoy this while he could. He didn't completely let his guard down but he relaxed more. It seemed this cat was friendly, "which is either a ploy to torture me or the truth" Nate thought sitting there. "Which is better than Max, he'll kill me as soon as he feels like it."
Peter-Rabbit just continued to swing lazily back and fourth, watching the Max and the dog. He tilted his head and got even lazier with his swinging when they looked at him...
Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki glanced over at Gladius, confused, "...'wife'...? ...s-sorry? I.... No, no, she's not dead, she just moved away. She's absolutely fine... well, as far as I know... Her and my other son migrated to another forest, that's all... I don't..." he wasn't entirely familiar with the concept of a "wife", and he wasn't sure why Gladius thought there was something wrong: he'd had children, and one of them had left with his mate... What was there to be sorry about?
"I know she just moved away, but I mean, how about your kids? Don't they miss their mom? Don't you miss her?", Gladius tried to explain though his tone seemed to give up by the end. "Sorry again, I must have sounded really weird then. Maybe it's because I miss my mom and my brother. I never really got a chance to know the both of them very well and I sometimes wonder if I made the right choices.", he explained, "... You must be really tired of hearing this, but sorry again. I normally don't get to talk with others like this before so once I started I guess I just couldn't stop... It's a really lame excuse huh?", he tried laughing in the end to lighten the mood.
"Nah, it's fine," Rikki said, "I guess I do kinda miss them, I mean, it was always nice to have someone to sleep next to like that, if you know what I mean... but I mean, I don't really think about it too much... Everyone's gotta leave the people they know eventually, it's just a part of growing up and all that..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"if you intend for me to eat that, I'd prefer to hunt my own meals." then a bird flew by and Samuel grabbed it and put it in his mouth. "the food is more delicious when you work for it."
(raccoon eating a fox? madness. also, you're lucky Samuel's powers didn't just tell him what Taku was thinking. and finally, relax. it was a joke.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Nah, it's fine," Rikki said, "I guess I do kinda miss them, I mean, it was always nice to have someone to sleep next to like that, if you know what I mean... but I mean, I don't really think about it too much... Everyone's gotta leave the people they know eventually, it's just a part of growing up and all that..."
"That's true...", Gladius agreed as a small treetop shelter came into his view. "Is that your house?", he asked as he pointed to the birdwatcher's platform.

(( I'm assuming the forest would have at least one. ))