Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Alastair

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Alastair »

Joy: Had a good trip out of town this weekend.

Sorrow: When we got back into town we drove by this guy walking his dog and as he walked through a gas station next to the road, this pit bull that was in this guys car jumped out and attacked that guys dog, and there was this big dog fight, so we pulled over and dad got out and tried to help get the pit bull off the other dog. Just so happened that a sheriff drove by and stopped and was able to remedy the situation. It was angering to me that that happened...
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Its too bad it was a literal dog fight, and not a dog fight, because it would have been awesome to see a real live dog fight in the air with fighter jets. I kid, I kid... haha... As long as there was no casualties. Those poor dogs... Pit bulls are really not that violent of a dog, unless trained to be, so its kinda surprising.

Joy/Sorrow (I'm not sure what to call it): Listening to music, headphones on, on the forums, while on the couch with my family, and they are making fun of me while I am sitting here in my own world. Haha. I love my family's sense of humor!

Sorrow: Ugh, thinking of going to college and majoring in some sort of computer technology... I just don't know what I want to do with my life anymore after getting fired, or laid off or whatever you want to call it... I don't know if I am cut out to be the mechanic I always wanted to be... It is one tough business to be in, ill tell you... Taking advantage of customers and selling things their cars don't necessarily need is really not what I expected my dream job to be! I just want to fix cars...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Reima wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Jooooooooooy: I am now the proud owner of a copy of Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth.
Have you read The Hero with a Thousand Faces?

Joy: Somebody is buying my car for parts tomorrow and I have a back-up vehicle on the way!
Nope, but I plan to.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Another sorrow: I may have a potential spider bite on the side of my face. :( I'm REALLY hoping it's not a Brown Recluse....
------------------

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: Finally got a new phone to replace my brick. I now have a Blackberry Curve 8520. It has Yahoo messenger on it as well! :mrgreen:
Alex

Post by Alex »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Another sorrow: I may have a potential spider bite on the side of my face. :( I'm REALLY hoping it's not a Brown Recluse....
How could you not notice a spider on your face...?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Alex wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Another sorrow: I may have a potential spider bite on the side of my face. :( I'm REALLY hoping it's not a Brown Recluse....
How could you not notice a spider on your face...?
I was asleep when it bit me...
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is your flesh rotting? If not, it's probably not a brown recluse.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Sorrow: GAWD DANG IT! Ryan Dunn died... fudge!
Joy: Out of school... for now.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

Joy: Music~ Seether's new album.
Sorrow: Back ache. I'm 17, dang it, why do I have back aches? ><
<signature>
</signature>
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Russiarules1 wrote:Sorrow: GAWD DANG IT! Ryan Dunn died... fudge!
Joy: Out of school... for now.
I'm sorry but, I'm just surprised he didn't die sooner with all those... stunts
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Russiarules1 wrote:Sorrow: GAWD DANG IT! Ryan Dunn died... fudge!
and his show on G4 just premiered last week. oddly, it had him in a rocket propelled go-kart. it didn't work, so they tried it again with a Dummy in the driver's seat to represent him, and it burst into flame. They really would not have been able to show that a week later.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Sorrow: A tornado formed in the area.
Joy: It missed us.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:Is your flesh rotting? If not, it's probably not a brown recluse.
Eh, no, not really. At first there was the concern that the place was just starting to form, but it hasn't gotten any worse... Me and my parents think it may still be a spider bite though.
------------------

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: No lectures today!

Sorrow: A major headache. It's going to be one of those days...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

Joy: I finally got a job. I am spending the week building a fence and it pays well

Sorrow: The fence is 450 ft., its really hot outside, and I ache all over.

It will be worth it though =^.^=
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sorrow: Randomly found a clip from the Dexter's Lab movie on Youtube. Made me realize just how pathetic the modern animation industry is, and not just with Cartoon Network.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

SUPER ULTIMATE JOY: My animator is back in town, and we can finally work together again! Man, I miss the good ol' days when our stuff was loved by thousands of people on Newgrounds. But this summer, we're finally going to make a sequel to one of our animations. Half Beard. BWAHAHAHAAA-ack *cough,wheeze,cough*... *deep breath*
Shake

Post by Shake »

Joy: After about a week of dissecting bitmaps, I have developed a program library for creating images without having to go through photoshop or gimp scripting. YES.
You've shattered my mind and rearranged the pieces into something beautiful.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Shake wrote:Joy: After about a week of dissecting bitmaps, I have developed a program library for creating images without having to go through photoshop or gimp scripting. YES.
Can I see?
Sent from my conifer.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Shake wrote:Joy: After about a week of dissecting bitmaps, I have developed a program library for creating images without having to go through photoshop or gimp scripting. YES.
What did you write it in?
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sorrow: after months of trying to get back to work on it, I am officially giving up on my Housepets fanfic. I apologize to all here who enjoyed the fic and were waiting for me to continue it. I'm just...too busy with everything else.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

sorrow: I will never get to know what happened in "An Adventure for the Ages"
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: Got my job back.

Sorrow: I'm having doubts that a summer trip this year is possible.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Cwitt wrote:sorrow: I will never get to know what happened in "An Adventure for the Ages"
If you want, a can send you a note detailing what I had planned out. I knew what all was going to happen, I just didn't have any time to write it.
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

Joy: I'm free! In every way
Sorrow: I have a song stucked in my head all week!!!
Joy 2: I love that song.
Joy 3: Now i know its lyrics.
My brother's sorrow: They have to heard me singing that song all week. :lol: :lol:
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sorrow: Seems the NHS has refused to cover my surgery again...They might prescribe some cream though, which is better then nothing I guess...
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Another-great-joy: I got my graduation (secondary school - specialized high school) report yesterday (there was a ceremonial) and I passed with honors, because I got all A's or 98.5 % from all tests if you want more precise information. Image This means, that I got my report in a red envelope, while most other people had blue (just passed, no honors). And not only that, I was selected as "personality of the school" - the best student from the whole school, they selected one from each school in the city Frenštát pod Radhoštěm. Image
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Shake

Post by Shake »

yehoshua wrote:
Can I see?
Maybe. It's not a full program, so it won't do anything on its own, but I've been messing around with a test program that just draws rainbows with it. That might appear online at some point when I'm closer to being *completely* finished with it. (Still no functions for reading *from* bitmaps or pixels at the moment.)
zeekgenateer wrote: What did you write it in?
C++, using the Bloodshed IDE.
Shake

Post by Shake »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sorrow: Seems the NHS has refused to cover my surgery again...They might prescribe some cream though, which is better then nothing I guess...
Oh, what the [HECK], man? Did they give any sort of reason? (And what ailment are we talking about, if I may ask? ^_^; )
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Shake wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:Sorrow: Seems the NHS has refused to cover my surgery again...They might prescribe some cream though, which is better then nothing I guess...
Oh, what the [HECK], man? Did they give any sort of reason? (And what ailment are we talking about, if I may ask? ^_^; )
Already posted the condition once. It was removed...

The reason was that my condition isn't urgent. Other then being really embarrassing, it's nothing that has a high chance of getting infected. I mean it can happen...but they don't really care.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sorry to hear that. And I know your pain, because something similar is happening to me. When I try to get to laryngologist though Health Service, they say all slots are occupied and I can wait whole month. So the only thing I can do is to pay as a private person and I wait only 3 days. Heh, you need health to be sick...

But I hope you will be able to get your assurance for your surgery anyways :) Maybe there is still some way, or other method.
I'm a bookworm!
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Shake wrote:
Why not in AttoASM? Image

But what surprises me, that somebody still uses quite outdated Dev-C++, especially when there are better ones available that make the whole job easier, although technically you don't need IDE at all, you can use notepad and compiler and it will work just the same way.

Why do you need to dissect bitmaps for generating pictures though? What does even such "dissecting" involve? Learning how is a color encoded in the memory? Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
The Game

Post by The Game »

Joy: In less then a week I, The O. Game, will be going to New York for the first time in my life!

*happy dance*
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

^ The Game, are you from the United States? I may be mixing you up with someone else, but if my memory serves me correctly, I don't think so? Anyways, are you going to New York City or just a part of New York? :3

Joy: I ordered my iPod Touch yesterday and got a great deal on it!
Sorrow: The clickwheel on my dad's old Nano doesn't work anymore. XD
Joy: Going for the driving test tomorrow to get my license! :mrgreen:
Joy: I have Skype at home again!
Sorrow: The program works terrible with this (old) laptop for some reason. (I still haven't bought a replacement modem for my new(er) laptop yet.)
Joy: Nearly done with my AP English summer reading!
Sorrow: My dog jumped up on my bed and ate my Subway cookies. T_T She nosed her way through a bag....
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Frooxius wrote:
Shake wrote:
Why not in AttoASM? Image

But what surprises me, that somebody still uses quite outdated Dev-C++, especially when there are better ones available that make the whole job easier, although technically you don't need IDE at all, you can use notepad and compiler and it will work just the same way.

Why do you need to dissect bitmaps for generating pictures though? What does even such "dissecting" involve? Learning how is a color encoded in the memory? Image
Eh, Bloodshed is what half the class used when I was using C++, and it works fine for me so far. The other option for the class was Microsoft Visual Studio. So yeah.
And no way in [HECK] am I just doing it in notepad.

More or less, it involved learning how it's encoded in .bmp files specifically. Of course this included not just the color but also the rules for producing the numbers in the beginning of the file AND the rules for adding extra blank bytes to the end of each horizontal line.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Shake wrote:Eh, Bloodshed is what half the class used when I was using C++, and it works fine for me so far. The other option for the class was Microsoft Visual Studio. So yeah.

More or less, it involved learning how it's encoded in .bmp files specifically. Of course this included not just the color but also the rules for producing the numbers in the beginning of the file AND the rules for adding extra blank bytes to the end of each horizontal line.
The other option... Image That sounds a little bit weird, when there's at least dozen other IDEs available, for example, have you tried Code::Blocks? I don't use it personally for development, but it seems fine for beginners and it's still developed.

I didn't mean that you'll use just notepad, that was just theoretical remark. Though it's possible to use some better code editor (PSPad, Notepad++) and configure a compiler in it, I always have that option available for quick snippets, where I don't have to start a whole IDE.

Yes, learning BMP file format ("the numbers in the beginning of the file" is called file header)... but that still has nothing to do with image generation. Only with saving bitmap data from the memory into a file, but it doesn't matter where they came from... were they generated or loaded or copied... it doesn't matter, because good programmers write isolated code.

It's a good programming practice to separate the unrelated pieces of code into their own isolated units, let them be libraries or classes if you use OOP (which you probably don't yet). So you would have one library for generating image data in the memory and then another one for exporting data into a file and the point is, that they would be independent on each other, so the exporting part can be used even if the bitmap data in memory came from elsewhere.

But seriously, why not write it in AttoASM? Image Image (but it's really possible).
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
The Game

Post by The Game »

Beagle wrote:^ The Game, are you from the United States? I may be mixing you up with someone else, but if my memory serves me correctly, I don't think so? Anyways, are you going to New York City or just a part of New York? :3
I'm from the United States.... I'm not sure when I said I wasn't :?

I'll be going to New York City!!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Shake wrote: Eh, Bloodshed is what half the class used when I was using C++, and it works fine for me so far. The other option for the class was Microsoft Visual Studio. So yeah.

After using vim (which is just a straight text editor), I only use IDE's for large projects. I like the simplicity of text editors, though the only decent one written for windows is Notepad++. Programming in linux is so much simpler.

Joy: Awesome lan party last night in which we hid from an intense storm for 30 minutes. Tornado warnings are funtimes.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

zeekgenateer: Well I guess you don't know much code editors written for Windows then. For example PSPad, which I use, is another excellent one, I find it even better than Notepad++.

Also what exactly is simpler on developing on Linux than on Windows? I developed on both and and that statement of yours seems like "I hate Windows because Microsoft", "argument" used by a lot of people who don't actually have any logical/reasonable reason to dislike them, but they do anyway, because it's cool. Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP