Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Oh... Um... Ok. I saw this weird movie-show this one time, and it was called 'Tomb Raider', and I assumed it wasn't real at the time, 'cause the ruins in the forest don't have anything like that, but then you came along and... I dunno, I'm kinda dumb like that sometimes... Anyway... I guess that's cool... I'm just going to be telling humans not to throw trash on the ground and not to drink alcohol in the preserve, which is something everyone should do anyway, so..." Rikki sort of trailed off with the more boring parts of his job: this conversation seemed to be going a bit down hill to him...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Oh, I never watched that movie.", replied Gladius as he tried to recall if he ever did, Nope.. "Your job's respectable in my opinion though.", commented the ferret as he counted something in his mind. " There were people in the dig site I used to work in that did those things and they caused a lot of problems for the rest of us. Like we almost thought that the civilization had paper bags because someone carelessly disposed of one, and with alcohol.. Oh I don't even want to get started on how lousy the workers were after a large find... Oh, sorry to have ranted.", Gladius apologized despite sounding like he really wanted to let more out.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black examined the radio as it was handed to him. It was an interesting piece of technology he didn't get to see very often. He felt like taking it apart, but decided it would be best to leave it in tact. He smiled softly to himself as he listened in to their conversation. They've been talking for awhile, it was like they forgot he was here. He didn't mind, he liked listening in. He'd finished examining the radio when he looked up and held it out to Rikki, to return it. "Guns aren't scary, it's what they can do that one fears." He glanced to Gladius, letting him know he was talking to him before he continued. "You have an interesting job, Rikki... much like a Guard dog, if you think about it. Possibly even K-9 Units... and Gladius, I'd like to hear more about the difference area's of Archeology some time.." He smiled again, though it was very slight. By now, Gladius at least should be able to catch Black's little expression changes.
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki raised an eyebrow, "K-9 unit? Yeah, that's actually the police-force equivalent of what I'm going for, I'm told they're a bit more strict about human superiority and all that though, seeing as they work mostly in human settings, where as I'll be working in a wildlife preserve..." He glanced over at Gladius, "And yeah, my job's really important: park rangers protect all the animals in the preserve from human intervention. It's really important that we're doing our jobs..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Zalgo wrote:Black examined the radio as it was handed to him. It was an interesting piece of technology he didn't get to see very often. He felt like taking it apart, but decided it would be best to leave it in tact. He smiled softly to himself as he listened in to their conversation. They've been talking for awhile, it was like they forgot he was here. He didn't mind, he liked listening in. He'd finished examining the radio when he looked up and held it out to Rikki, to return it. "Guns aren't scary, it's what they can do that one fears." He glanced to Gladius, letting him know he was talking to him before he continued. "You have an interesting job, Rikki... much like a Guard dog, if you think about it. Possibly even K-9 Units... and Gladius, I'd like to hear more about the difference area's of Archeology some time.." He smiled again, though it was very slight. By now, Gladius at least should be able to catch Black's little expression changes.
"True, it is something like that,and I think I'll be free most of the time, I think I got caught in Oleus' retirement anyway, so just tell me when.", Gladius said, returning a smile unconsciously, before starting to listen in on the current conversation.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki looked back and fourth at the two of them a bit, "Well... Are either of you particularly busy? I mean, do you have something you need to do? 'Cause it's a nice day outside, and I was thinking of taking a walk in the woods after checking out the neighborhood for the day..."

(( Yep, can't think of any better way to progress this... ))
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

After a while longer of talking and sharing stories, Rikki and Gladius left the house, with Black staying behind. Unfortunately, Black would end up leaving Brookshire Meadows before they, or any of the other pets, saw him again. Rikki and Gladius, however, were unlikely to forget the hospitable black dog who'd first brought them together as they went off to new adventures, and perhaps he wouldn't forget them either as he went on to new adventures of his own...

Rikki walked with Gladius down the street, away from the house they'd just left. He tilted his muzzle upward and closed his eyes briefly as a cool breeze rushed over his fur. "Hmm.... So what'cha wanna do now?" he asked, glancing down at his new friend next to him...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius was staring at the map he got from Oleus ever since he had left Black's house, he didn't notice it before because of the overcast but now that it was sunny the traces of circles around the map could be clearly seen. "Say Rikki... You know a lot about the forest right?", he asked, which due to the timing of the moment appeared to be his response to Rikki's question.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:Gladius was staring at the map he got from Oleus ever since he had left Black's house, he didn't notice it before because of the overcast but now that it was sunny the traces of circles around the map could be clearly seen. "Say Rikki... You know a lot about the forest right?", he asked, which due to the timing of the moment appeared to be his response to Rikki's question.
Rikki nodded, "Yep. I've lived out there all my life, and I can show you anything that's out there no problem." He stretched his arms out a bit as they walked, getting alot more comfortable with Gladius...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"I was wondering...", Gladius started as he looked to Rikki, "Is there anything interesting around these parts?", he asked while pointing to the location where the ancient ruins lie, checking for any signs that might indicate him making a wrong move. After all, it has been some time since Oleus had left clues that allowed for the ferret's natural curiosity.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki glanced over at the map, but wasn't entirely sure what it was, as he had alot of experience with navigating the forest by memory, not map, "Uh... I'm not sure... I think that's in the marshes. If you wanna go out into the forest though, it's right on the other side of that fence." He pointed to a fence at the end of the road they were on, behind which the sky was blocked out by tall trees.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

He's giving me a complete unknown to play with?, a wide smile started forming of Gladius' face, a smile that looks painful to imitate. "I would love to go!", he said out excitedly though he quickly composed himself, "Sorry, I got a little excited there.", he said as he laughed off his embarrassment for showing his childish side.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki chuckled a bit, "That's ok: I can tell you don't get out often enough..." He began heading towards the forest, "'Cmon, let's get going!"
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

(( I'll be constantly relying on you to give descriptions and event as I have really low experience with realistic forests, though I wouldn't be half-bad with not so normal woodlands. ))

Gladius followed Rikki as the started on their way towards the trees that seem to make up most of the horizon. Every step closer made Gladius slightly a bit more nervous than the last. After all, desert environments were his specialty and tales from the ferrets that go to forest sites painted a slightly more terrifying threat than the desert. Water, which he had always known as a blessing was an enemy in these parts. Sounds were supposed to confuse those that enter these territories as opposed to the optical illusions which he had learned to distinguish from the real thing. Nearly everything he knew was made useless in these parts. He swallowed some of his fear before he made a move to break the silence. "So Rikki, do I need to know anything before we enter the forest?", he asked when they were just a few feet from the start of the sea of trees.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki thought as they neared the fence at the edge of the development, "Uhh... Not that I can think of... Oh! Yeah! Don't eat the red mushrooms with white spots: those can REALLY ruin your day... I dunno... did you know that one already?" He looked both ways before crossing the street, then got down on all fours in the grass on the other side and ran into a jump, leaping up to grab the edge of the fence and pull himself into a sitting position on his haunches, looking down at Gladius...
Hypergenesis wrote:(( I'll be constantly relying on you to give descriptions and event as I have really low experience with realistic forests, though I wouldn't be half-bad with not so normal woodlands. ))
(( Get out more. ))
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"So past that fence is the start of the forest?", asked Gladius as he crossed the street just as Rikki crouched down. "~♪", the ferret whistled as he watched the raccoon bring himself up the fence, "Up this fence then.", he said as his rear leg tensed up for a moment before kicking himself up into the air. He grabbed the top of the fence with one hand, adding momentum to his jump and making him easily clear over the fence. He simple stood there in a handstand, his feet making an "L" in the air, "Wait, wouldn't I be trespassing if I cross over?", Gladius asked while he turned his head towards Rikki.

(( No. ))

(( Besides there aren't any forests I can go to. ))
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"What? No." Rikki said, "It's a 'nature preserve', and public parkland. You're supposed to walk around in here, that's part of why the humans made it." He turned on his haunches, loosening them up and jumping down to the unkempt grass on the other side of the fence, which made a car-sized median between the fence and the thick bushes which bordered the forest at the edge of the tall trees which filled it. Rikki pointed with a forepaw, still on his other three legs, "Here it is! Just follow me for a second, and watch for burs..." He stayed on all fours, plodding into a small hole in the brush...
Hypergenesis wrote:(( No. ))
(( Do it. >:| ))
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Oh." was all Gladius could say to the answer to his question. Seeing Rikki jump off, he simply slid down the fence upright, landing on both feet and followed in. "Burs?", he asked, "Are those the little seeds that stick to the fur and clothes?", he continued while he looked around his surroundings. "Wow, it must be terrible to get lost here.", he thought as he looked at all the obstacles obstructing his view.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yeah," Rikki glanced back, "These bushes can be-" he stopped, noticing that Gladius was trying to walk upright through heavy bushes: clearly he wasn't an outdoor pet. Rikki turned on his hind legs and reached out, taking Gladius's wrists and pulling him into a 4-legged position, "Hey, all fours in bushes like this: minimize the soft-parts of your body that're gonna get scraped. Scratches from these things can get really itchy, especially on your underbelly..." He turned and kept leading Gladius through...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius was surprised when he was pulled down, quickly reacting so that he would land on his paws instead on his face. He listened to the raccoon's instruction and felt ashamed a bit, though he couldn't help but feel it was also nostalgic. "Sorry.", Gladius apologized as he followed Rikki through. Those things look sharp., he observed a thorn that he passed by just centimeters just away from his face Scary.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Hour after hour in a car. What a horrendous way to waste a day, at least for most people. Max wasn't most people. He'd been a cat for mere days and things such as vehicles still amazed him. If his revolutionary forced had had these, things would have gone differently. For a second he was sad about what had happened but quickly shook it off. No time to dwell on what's done. The past is as set in stone as an animal's need to eat.

Similarly, Nate in a cage next to the cat was experiencing something new but he wasn't at all happy about it. For once he was in a car without a seat belt or anything and he had lots of space. The only issue was that he couldn't use any form of entertainment he knew. His phone, computer, DS and such were all gone and would be very difficult to use. Maybe a Dance Dance Revolution or Tap Tap Revolution DS game could work, but that was about it.

"Dad! Are we there yet!" the mouse yelled from his spot at the cage door, holding onto its bars as if this were a prison. That was probably pretty accurate. He had less freedom, independence and luxury in life. Not to mention the majority of his friends would not recognise him and may sooner eat him than help him.

"Almost, hang on" Daniel said calmly, it was just taking forever and he didn't mind. "if your that board, play with max."

Max leaned over to look into the cage, "yea Nate, I'll play with you" he said in an innocent tone. One look at him though and it was clear nothing good was meant by his words.

"Nnnn no" Nate stuttered, "I'll be fine."

"Suit yourself" Max said, sitting back up to look outside. He loved the breeze coming in, almost as much as a dog, almost. Not much later, he saw the sign, Brookshire Meadows. Houses were passing by on either side, eventually the car turned in to one. It wasn't small, but certainly upscale. A notch or two above average for middle class.

"And here we are!" Daniel said after the car was parked. "Home sweet home."

"Yay!" Max said, jumping out of the car. He instinctively looked for mouse holes and various flaws in the house when he first looked at it, but quickly stopped that. He wasn't going to have to worry about that any more. "So, when's the moving truck get here?"

"The house is already furnished" Daniel said, "all of your stuff's in the car and I left mine here after that meeting with the director last week."

"Hey! What about me!" Nate yelled, he couldn't open his cage's lock, its springs were too strong.

"I got ya!" Max said, leaning into the car to pull the cage over. He reached it and quickly pulled the mouse out of his corner to hold him in a fairly tight grip.

This had happened before, but Nate was still terrified. Everytime someone picked him up, he had to ask himself if a drop from that height would kill him. Many times he concluded yes and became very nervous. Now he was doing everything he could not to wet himself, scream or panic anymore than he already had.

"Alright, you two go and see the neighborhood. I have to go call the studio so they know we're here" Daniel said without even looking back at the car.

"Ok Dad! We won't be long!" Max called, in those few seconds his owner had already made it to the house door. He made sure to yell more into Nate's ears than towards the porch. After the human was in the house he looked down at the mouse, "so, what shall we do first?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Peter-Rabbit was reading a childrens education book about cats: he'd been told a few times that he didn't know enough about his own species, so he'd gotten into one which he'd found on a shelf somewhere. He tapped his nose a bit as he read about it: it was quite fascinating to him, and explained a few things that he'd always wondered about.

A commotion nearby caused him to look up, and he saw a man and a cat getting out of a car and moving into a house which had recently been sold to them. He thought about introducing himself, but he was pretty shy around others, especially cats, who always seemed so uninviting to him... He was tossing the idea around in his head when the cat started walking his way...

Uh oh! he thought, looking briefly around, Looks like I'm gonna have to introduce myself anyway... He closed the book and straightened up against the tree he'd been lounging by, and raised a paw to give a little wave and smile to the cat...
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"I wish you'd put me down!" Nate said, squriming in the cat's grip. Comparatively he was in the grips of a car crusher and not a thing his little muscles did was going to get him out. Not that he couldn't try anyway.

"Ssh!" Max said quickly, "there's a girl over there and your cat food if you cause any issues." His instincts almost kicked in, but he stopped them before he ran for cover, though one would have to be blind NOT to see him twitch and almost fall over.

"Don't fall!" Nate squeaked, "you might survive it, but I won't!" The mouse squirmed in the fist even more. If he were just a bit lower, he could bite but his head was held too high up.

The cat's grip tightened until the mouse couldn't possibly move a single muscle. "Now look," he said with the mouse right in his face, "your social heirarchy is nowhere around here and therefore is nowhere for me to mess up. If I'm not going to ruin your chances with the people, you won't wreak mine." He took a deep breath before continuing, "now I'll let you sit on my shoulder or something, but don't try anything. I'm not getting into trouble with dad unless its even worse for you."

There really was only one thing for the mouse to do, nod. His head bobbed up and down like a storm tossed ship until he wasn't sure what was up and what was down. He found himself being put down on the cat's shoulders. It didn't feel safe there and he quickly scrambled up onto the head. Not the best but there was more to hold on to up here.

"Hey!" Max said, approaching the other cat, "My friend and I just moved in. Could you perhaps direct us to the park?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"The park?" Peter-Rabbit thought for a second, "Um... which one? There's a little open area with a playground around here somewhere, and there's a big nature preserve at the end of the road." he pointed to the fence at the far end of the street, behind which tall trees seemed to rise to block out the sky...

Peter-Rabbit put the book in a little satchel he was carrying (which, while not too girly, wasn't too masculine either, which didn't help with the fact that everyone mistook him for a girl) and stood up as the cat approached him. "You and your 'friend'?" He suddenly noticed the little mouse on the cats head, "Oh! What a cute little mouse! Is he your brother?" he leaned forward and smiled up at the mouse, "Hello there little mouse!"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"The playground I guess" Max said, "just trying to get to know the area and it seems the major community aspects are always a good place to start." He did look down the road towards the nature preserve. That could be important information if he ever needed it.

With the mention of mouse, Nate grumbled and Max had to stifle a laugh. A week ago or so, Nate would've pummeled someone for that. Now, it was kind of hard to pummel someone when you were looking up just to see their knees. So, all he could do was grumble and maybe bite such people.

"Technically, I guess" Max said, "we were both adopted a few days ago and I'm still getting over the food chain."

The mouse grabbed the fur around him and quickly burried himself in it. Maybe it would be taken as an attempt at affection, or begging or something like that. More accurately, it was fear. Nate thought for sure that the other cat was sizing him up for dinner. A nice little snack.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Peter-Rabbit giggled a bit, still enthralled by the mouse, "Aww... He's so cute!" his eyes widened a bit with interest, "Can I hold him?" Peter-Rabbit wasn't a very good mouse-cat. Actually, he found them far too cute to even think of hurting...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Peter-Rabbit giggled a bit, still enthralled by the mouse, "Aww... He's so cute!" his eyes widened a bit with interest, "Can I hold him?" Peter-Rabbit wasn't a very good mouse-cat. Actually, he found them far too cute to even think of hurting...
"I guess" Max said, bending over to expose the mouse. "Just don't eat him. If I can't, no one else can either. My dad would probably freak."

Those words, 'I guess', were Nate's life, his LIFE! He was now shaking and doing his best to dig in under the fur. Unfortunately he was white and it was sort of hard to hide under the black fur. It was somewhere between short, long and not good enough to hide under.

"Nnn no, don't eat me!" Nate squeaked, his only comfort being the rather nonchalant directive from Max not to eat him. It sure didn't sound like the cat was going to do much to help him. He looked up expected to see a demonic cat, his own species, or at least, original species about to eat him!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Aww! Don't worry little guy! I won't hurt you!" Peter reached out and gently picked the mouse up in his hands, holding it up to his face and smiling at it, "I just wanna be friends!" He tried to be extra friendly, seeing that the mouse was very shy around him.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Nate used every ounce of his mousey strength to hold onto Max's fur. Adding insult to injury, he couldn't even hold onto that. His hands slipped as he was pulled up and all the fur remained quite stiffly in place on the cat's head. A lot of flailing followed as he was terrified of the height.

When the mouse calmed down and looked up at the cat, all he saw was teeth. The statement of friendship didn't help. He could just picture himself being eaten. How do mice survive! He thought to himself, perhaps the only thing in his mind besides terror of either falling or worse things. Slowly, ever so slowly he just nodded his head, though he was shaking so much he could easily have been a cell phone on vibrate.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Aww, don't be frightened!" Peter-Rabbit was trying to be friendly, but it wasn't making him happy that the mouse was so scared of him. He cradled the mouse in one hand and started stroking it gently with the other, "See! I'm a nice cat!"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"That's just a myth" Nate squeaked to himself. He did like the petting and such, but he'd had that as a cat! So one thing out of thousands hadn't changed. The petting though did get him to stop shaking, though it didn't do anything to improve his mood.

"He's still getting used to cats" Max said, "came from a city and such, not quite a friendly place." He observed his little brother's reactions through all of this. Odds are he would never, ever pet him but this was interesting. This cat would never trust another cat like that.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Aww, poor little guy!" Peter-Rabbit cradled him even more, "Don't worry, I'll be nice to you!" He brought the mouse to his super-soft cheek, and rubbed it against the soft little creature...
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Well, Nate certainly wasn't terrified, but he was kinda getting angry. He partially felt the fluffy fur, the other part was his head somewhat reaching skin underneath. All in all, it wasn't something he felt quite comfortable with. A strand of fur was like a strand of human hair to him, but thicker and that really ruined any positive feelings he could have had. He's nice now I'm not gonna say anything he thought to himself, just in case this cat turned out to like only nice things.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Peter-Rabbit finished cuddling the mouse and went back to just holding and petting him, "He's cute... Anyway, it's nice to meet you. Did you two just move in over there?"

==== Meanwhile, in the forest ====
Hypergenesis wrote:Gladius was surprised when he was pulled down, quickly reacting so that he would land on his paws instead on his face. He listened to the raccoon's instruction and felt ashamed a bit, though he couldn't help but feel it was also nostalgic. "Sorry.", Gladius apologized as he followed Rikki through. Those things look sharp., he observed a thorn that he passed by just centimeters just away from his face Scary.
Rikki continued and lead him through the bushes, which ended and opened up into a wide open area, shaded by massive trees, which blocked out the sun far above them, preventing much growth on the forest floor. "This is it!" Rikki said, standing up and stretching out, "Brookshire Forest!"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Yea," Max said, "he got hired by some TV station and they covered everything for us to move in." He looked back at the house, not too far away, wondering about its various secrets. Were there mice living in there?

The mouse, meanwhile was calming down now. Gentle petting is ok, that at least felt good. He just pretended that he was being scratched with a tree instead of a hand. It felt good enough that he was totally oblivious to what was being talked about.

"So, could you show us to that park?" Max asked, he didn't want to be pushy but he did want to get the layout of this place down. "It'd be fun to play a bit or get circulation back to my legs, we've been crammed in a car since four in the morning."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki continued and lead him through the bushes, which ended and opened up into a wide open area, shaded by massive trees, which blocked out the sun far above them, preventing much growth on the forest floor. "This is it!" Rikki said, standing up and stretching out, "Brookshire Forest!"
Gladius was awestruck at the sight of the magnificent forest, but at the same time he was consumed by a heart-wrenching fear, though not enough to overcome his excitement at being able to see something new. The trees were so tall, so towering, so magnificent. The foliage around him had either massive or a multitude of leave unlike their short needled cousins in the desert. It was beautiful, it was bizarre, it was something he could not just look at with a distance. He ran towards one, moving so closely that his nose was almost touching the plant, he looked at it so intently, thinking on what he could do with it, how it defends itself and if Oleus would want one. He went from plant to plant examining them with his eyes, and scribbling details down on a little notebook he had pulled out of his pocket, occasionally taking a sample and closing the pages on the entry over it. Oh!, Gladius perked up and disappeared for a moment in the thicket. A few seconds later, he emerged near Rikki, now holding a white towel that was bulged like a satchel. A light crunching and squishing sound could be heard from his closed mouth that moved up and down ever so slightly at regular intervals.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

razgriz wrote:"Yea," Max said, "he got hired by some TV station and they covered everything for us to move in." He looked back at the house, not too far away, wondering about its various secrets. Were there mice living in there?

The mouse, meanwhile was calming down now. Gentle petting is ok, that at least felt good. He just pretended that he was being scratched with a tree instead of a hand. It felt good enough that he was totally oblivious to what was being talked about.

"So, could you show us to that park?" Max asked, he didn't want to be pushy but he did want to get the layout of this place down. "It'd be fun to play a bit or get circulation back to my legs, we've been crammed in a car since four in the morning."
"Um..." Peter-Rabbit thought about it, "Ok! I think I know where it is..." He gently placed the mouse on his head and started off in a direction, "I think it's this way..."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Max followed the cat, exactly how they would get where they were going he wasn't sure, but he would remember the route. A key trait for a mouse is the ability to remember your way into and out of a situation. It is especially necessary when caught by either a pet or a human and your whole little squad of mice is stealing food. It just doesn't go over well.

Now Nate couldn't possibly remember the way. He was also pretty certain he couldn't cover the distance without help. Everything was just so much bigger it seemed and that only made it harder. A key example being to cross the street. A driver is far more likely to see a cat than a mouse on the road. He started to shake again as these thoughts came to mind and quickly buried himself and his head in the cat's fur, grabbing as much as he could to anchor himself down.

"Could she use any more of the stuff" he thought to himself, smelling some sort of shampoo potent enough to probably clog the nasal passaged of an elephant. It had all the typical fruity smells but just, wow, they were over-present.

"So, are there any other pets around here or is it just you?" Max asked, as he hadn't seen anyone else on the way in and only this one cat so far.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Peter-Rabbit nodded, "Oh, I'm not actually from this neighborhood: my family lives in another one nearby. I just come here because there are alot of pets here to hang out with. Alot of cats and dogs, and I think I've seen raccoons, and ferrets, and rabbits... Your friend here is the first mouse I've seen here though..." He glanced upward, but the mouse was well out of sight. He could feel it clinging to his head though, "You ok up there?"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Ah, ok" Max said, so there was a high pet population here. That was good in a sense. He would get to see exactly how his enemies did things and possibly even maintain his alliance with dogs. Canines never seemed to hunt mice and could often dislike cats, great allies. "So, is your neighborhood still in Brookshire or is it down the road farther off?"

"Yea, I'm fine" Nate squeaked, though his voice trembled a bit. He was afraid to stand up or really move as the cat's walking made him sway and move like a ship. This mouse had never been to sea as a cat and was not going to try to win his sea legs on a cat's head.