Arc 42: Not All Dogs

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'd say they're more like "goons" or "henchmen". "minions" tends to imply something supernatural.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

*facepawlms* Uhh, King *does* have more friends.
The wolves!
ohh, this could turn out to be a LOT more interesting..
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

yehoshua wrote:
Dissension wrote:I'm pretty confident that regardless of what happens, death is not in the cards. Or, if it is, it's all right.
Nah, I don't think King's going to die, it is a PG comic after all.

Disney has been killing characters for years, an yet keeps it all G rated..

Bambi's mother, old yeller, evil witches, The leader Rat of Nimh, so on.

=====

Moving on... Now that King thinks he is about to die, an to get his soul out of limbo.
He is going to have to make his final choice right now about wether to stay a dog, or return to being a human.

An King hasn't yet tried, begging an groveling at Bino's feet yet.
Does he confide in Bino who he is, an what the watch means to him..?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
valerio

Post by valerio »

or, Timestop, skip to Cosmic Nerds and the Kitsune asking him what will his final choice here and now.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

valerio wrote:*facepawlms* Uhh, King *does* have more friends.
The wolves!

The wolves wouldn't know he is in trouble right now. An you could end up with dead pets if you let the wolves go after the ones who are attacking one of their pack members.

King also has even more powerful friends / "owners", the Ferrets!

Now Tarot could show up, an cast one of her super real illusions.
Making Bino think he smashed the watch, then gives the pieces to King.

Then as tarot an king walk away with the intact watch, she drops the illusion, an Bino finds out he has been smashing his hand with the hammer!! @.@ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Keeshah wrote:
valerio wrote:*facepawlms* Uhh, King *does* have more friends.
The wolves!

The wolves wouldn't know he is in trouble right now. An you could end up with dead pets if you let the wolves go after the ones who are attacking one of their pack members.

King also has even more powerful friends / "owners", the Ferrets!

Now Tarot could show up, an cast one of her super real illusions.
Making Bino think he smashed the watch, then gives the pieces to King.

Then as tarot an king walk away with the intact watch, she drops the illusion, an Bino finds out he has been smashing his hand with the hammer!! @.@ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That could be very interesting actually.
valerio

Post by valerio »

yup, pretty LOL :mrgreen:
angrehguy

Post by angrehguy »

I like his minions
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hmm.

Your girlfriend invites you for snuggles. Then, she wants to give you a neck massage. And when you see that your girlfriend takes the watch off your neck and tries to give it to your rival, you notice that you have been tricked.

Wouldn't that anger you too? ;)
I'm a bookworm!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Keeshah wrote:An King hasn't yet tried, begging an groveling at Bino's feet yet.
Does he confide in Bino who he is, an what the watch means to him..?
You really think that's gonna help? It'll just make Bino happier and more unwilling to give the watch.

Also, since when is Bino the boss of a mafia family? Who do the dogs Boris and Yeltsin belong to?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

yehoshua wrote:
Dissension wrote:I'm pretty confident that regardless of what happens, death is not in the cards. Or, if it is, it's all right.
Nah, I don't think King's going to die, it is a PG comic after all.
Correct me If I'm wrong, but isn't All Dogs go to heavenb a PG movie and Charlie pretty much dies TWICE in that movie.
As for today's strip, I was going to say that KIng would yell "Fine, I accept being a dog/human" which would make the clock disappear right in front of everybody. But after i saw Rick's note on the strip it'll be most likely Sasha will appear and save King, but Bino wouldn't accept it until a angry Fido appears.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos wrote:Hmm.

Your girlfriend invites you for snuggles. Then, she wants to give you a neck massage. And when you see that your girlfriend takes the watch off your neck and tries to give it to your rival, you notice that you have been tricked.

Wouldn't that anger you too? ;)
NOT an excuse to be a bully :x Not to mention Bino always hated King for no other reason than being called KING, for Pete's sake! Helloo, last christmas?

Oh, and the A-text must be another way to mess-up with us.
Or...Rick knows we know that, and he's being sincere this time... :? *Valerio takes aspirin*
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Bino's not really a victim. That being said, why would Bino give the watch to King? I assume neither pet has tried to get along with the other. Bino's not really being much of a jerk, in my opinion. He's only trying to get back at King for rather cruelly using his friendly relationship with Sasha (and probably her less then average intellect) to his advantage. I think Bino's rather justified doing this. (let's not forget he doesn't know he's destroying King's soul).

...that being said, throwing his brother out of the club was rather jerk-like. Was incredibly funny though. :lol:
Shake

Post by Shake »

'Nother thought: Bino discovers the hard way that his arms are too scrawny to actually damage the watch in any meaningful way. (Or maybe the watch is pretty much invincible because it's divine and everything.) It's pencil-neck all over again while King breathes a sigh of relief.

And yeah, Bino's been on the receiving end of more suck than most people, but that still doesn't excuse him being a complete [REALLY BIG] [JERK].
You've shattered my mind and rearranged the pieces into something beautiful.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Did Boris/Yeltsin/whoever-that-greyish-dog-is gave himself that scar? Because it reminds me of the cuts on the mushrooms for a suki hot pot... Mmm, mushrooms...
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote: NOT an excuse to be a bully :x Not to mention Bino always hated King for no other reason than being called KING, for Pete's sake! Helloo, last christmas?

No. Of course not :)

But King is not saint at this case either. He used Sasha for his goal. He manipulated her.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

King called in a well-deserved favor. He didn't surely manipulate her -not to mention that Sasha has proved herself less 'silly' than one imagines.
Also, King is improving a lot since his first appearance. He deserves better than this.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

But King is not saint at this case either. He used Sasha for his goal. He manipulated her.

I have to Agree with Karlos on this one. King's improvement has been little to say the least, and I don't think hes really beyond manipulating Sasha for his own gain. the real question is how Bino reacts to Sasha working with king.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I highly suspect that Joey being forcibly THROWN out of the place may have a little more significance tonight than we thought.

Oh, I SINCERELY hope that this ending Rick has in mind doesn't make me cry in a bad way.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this somehow hearkens back to King's earlier life, when he was being abducted and mistreated. :( I hope this is the last time.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

valerio wrote:King called in a well-deserved favor. He didn't surely manipulate her -not to mention that Sasha has proved herself less 'silly' than one imagines.
Also, King is improving a lot since his first appearance. He deserves better than this.
He's still being shady and dishonest, even if it's to get something he should have had in the first place.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sleet wrote:
valerio wrote:King called in a well-deserved favor. He didn't surely manipulate her -not to mention that Sasha has proved herself less 'silly' than one imagines.
He's still being shady and dishonest, even if it's to get something he should have had in the first place.
On which account? He can't tell anything about his past, lest he ends up in traction (provided they believe a corgi saying he was a human turned into a dog by a magic griffin!)
Also, unless he's being schizophrenic too, King preferred not telling anything to Fox because he feared to lose his friendship. Hardly deserving the label of 'shady and dishonest'.
And, again, since Sasha is not as stupid as we thought, it's quite possible she was in this by her own will.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

PhoenixAsper wrote:I highly suspect that Joey being forcibly THROWN out of the place may have a little more significance tonight than we thought.

Oh, I SINCERELY hope that this ending Rick has in mind doesn't make me cry in a bad way.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this somehow hearkens back to King's earlier life, when he was being abducted and mistreated. :( I hope this is the last time.
Well, I do expect the ending to be somewhat sad (and I also hope so...). But again, let's see what Ricky has in store for us since there's only 3 updates left for this arc, isn't it?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm not sure if Bino can accuse Sasha for giving the watch to King just yet. She could be accused of moving the watch on his collar, but King was reaching for it. That's my defense anyway >.>

But chances are he would just to further rub it in King's face. Though i wonder how Sasha would think of that <.<
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

And to this day Bino is now Italian to me. It's almost as if Rick is preparing for an underground canine criminal arc.
Que Lastima
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

valerio wrote:
Sleet wrote:
On which account? He can't tell anything about his past, lest he ends up in traction (provided they believe a corgi saying he was a human turned into a dog by a magic griffin!)
Also, unless he's being schizophrenic too, King preferred not telling anything to Fox because he feared to lose his friendship. Hardly deserving the label of 'shady and dishonest'.
And, again, since Sasha is not as stupid as we thought, it's quite possible she was in this by her own will.
Getting a guy's girlfriend to snuggle him in order to steal something from him? That's shady and dishonest.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

well, his only friend wouldn't help him. Sabrina and Tarot can't get even near the thing...
I'd call it desperate measure. Shady and dishonest imply an ill-will to start with, while King is only trying to find a feasable solution.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet wrote:Getting a guy's girlfriend to snuggle him in order to steal something from him? That's shady and dishonest.
The means don't justify the ends. After all, it's just his very soul in game there. So he shouldn't care if his very existence is damaged permanently.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

How about this: Joey gets friends over to help :) But wouldn't that take too long? What if Bino was jsut kidding? But that would be waaay too anticlimactic. Possibly Fido appears.
Sent from my conifer.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am not making any commentary on the morality of King's actions. I am just calling them shady and dishonest. It's possible he's justified in it, but if he is, that doesn't make it any more honest.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

It is dishonest but did he have another choice?
Sent from my conifer.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Here's an interesting twist: why not consider things from Bino's perspective?

"Shorty's trying to take my place. He's stealing my friends away from me. So what if he found this watch first? He didn't want it last night. Why does he want it now? Because I have it. He'll do whatever it takes to get it from me. He even tricked Sasha into helping him. I'll smash the watch, then I won't have to be on guard all the time."

Remember, the watch has no value to Bino; it's just a thing he found in the trash. He used it to make a few puns and probably would have eventually disposed of it himself if King hadn't come along and demanded it from him. He's insecure and paranoid. King's taking Bino's best friend and girlfriend from him. King ignored the 'warning' Bino gave at the Christmas party. He won't submit to Bino's dominant personality and that's a threat.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Bino is still a big jerk, he made a present blow up in the newbie's face!
Sent from my conifer.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

My intention is not to argue whether Bino is a jerk (as such a charge is impossible to defend against). I only seek to provide an alternate interpretation and possibly insight into the thought process of a megalomaniac. I don't think Bino is a monster, I think he's trying to deal with a perceived threat in the only way his psyche will allow.

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

True, if that were the case though and he just wanted to get rid of King, he would have gotten rid of Fox since King always seems to be following him.
Sent from my conifer.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

No, that would be surrendering his best friend to the 'enemy.' Bino doesn't necessarily want to be rid of King, he's more interested in making sure his position of authority and personal relationships are secure and not going to be taken by the corgi.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Bino seems to like Fox, though. They get along well for the most part.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Dissension wrote:Here's an interesting twist: why not consider things from Bino's perspective?

"Shorty's trying to take my place. He's stealing my friends away from me. So what if he found this watch first? He didn't want it last night. Why does he want it now? Because I have it. He'll do whatever it takes to get it from me. He even tricked Sasha into helping him. I'll smash the watch, then I won't have to be on guard all the time."

Remember, the watch has no value to Bino; it's just a thing he found in the trash. He used it to make a few puns and probably would have eventually disposed of it himself if King hadn't come along and demanded it from him. He's insecure and paranoid. King's taking Bino's best friend and girlfriend from him. King ignored the 'warning' Bino gave at the Christmas party. He won't submit to Bino's dominant personality and that's a threat.
Agreed. I was about to say something similar along those lines.

I mean I can't really blame Bino. (I not defending Bino!) If you have some dog who is named "King", or some dog who seems like they may one day rise up against you and take away everything you have, (or in Bino's case his club, girlfriend and best friend) then you can be sure that he is the "enemy" and must be deal with. Once again, I not defending Bino here. That is my personal though and take on what does on in Bino's head. (Yes I may be over thinking this but hey its food for though).
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Bino is a Jerk there is no denying this, however what is happening here does not make him anymore of a Jerk then he was before for the reasons stated by Diss and some others.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Yeah, I think I'm just looking too much into Bino's desire to always be the boss, at any cost.

In other news, I couldn't just stick to having Joey's face as an emoticon so... Image

I'm new at making emoticons (or editing any image) so you might notice that the edges aren't very smooth. This is just the second one I make after all.
Sent from my conifer.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

As Diss said about Bino, he's more of a territorial extremist than the other dogs, which comes out to him being a jerk. Bino isn't necessarily downright evil, he just goes the extreme route because he knows it gives him the best message. Although at the same time it also gives him the worst results also. >.>
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur