Scared?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

yehoshua

Re: Scared?

Post by yehoshua »

Losing my cat, I love my cat so much I don't know what I would do if I lost her, I just hope that G-D made a cat heaven.
Sent from my conifer.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am also situationally scared of the dark. Depending on what I did, saw, or thought, will effect my ability to transverse a dark room without someone around me. If not, I have to flick on the lights, walk across the room, turn that off and another on, and walk around like that.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I am also situationally scared of the dark. Depending on what I did, saw, or thought, will effect my ability to transverse a dark room without someone around me. If not, I have to flick on the lights, walk across the room, turn that off and another on, and walk around like that.
Same here. When I was a little(er), I was terrified of the dark, I always went to sleep with my door open and the light in the hallway outside my room turned on. Now I'm not so afraid of the dark, sometimes after seeing something scary though it just triggers the fear again, it lasts like this for a couple of day until I get over it.
Sent from my conifer.
shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

I feel stupid for saying but I fear clowns and leting friends and family down :oops:
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I'm not afraid of clowns but I hate them for some reason, I like, see a clown and I want to kill it. But they don't scare me.
Sent from my conifer.
shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

they really creep me out....badly
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
FlintTheSquirrel

I do not mind them. They are just doing their jobs to make a living. Kinda feel sorry for them with all the things people think about them sometimes. :<
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don't find them scary or creepy, just annoying and unfunny.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I feel sorry for the people there too, I know it's there job and all but it's just some wierd instinct I've had against them since I was little(er)
Sent from my conifer.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

It's more of a subconscious fear-thing than a true phobia, but I literally can not take something out of my pocket or hold something in my hands while sitting in a car without the window being rolled up first. I have no clue why, it's like I'm afraid it's going to float away or something. Note that if the object was a piece of paper it would be legitimate, but I can't hold a brick without needing to roll up the window first.

Weird, huh?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

yoyodude wrote:It's more of a subconscious fear-thing than a true phobia, but I literally can not take something out of my pocket or hold something in my hands while sitting in a car without the window being rolled up first. I have no clue why, it's like I'm afraid it's going to float away or something. Note that if the object was a piece of paper it would be legitimate, but I can't hold a brick without needing to roll up the window first.

Weird, huh?
Same here, I can't even use my iPod without holding it away from the window and making sure nobody outside sees it.
Sent from my conifer.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

yoyodude wrote:It's more of a subconscious fear-thing than a true phobia, but I literally can not take something out of my pocket or hold something in my hands while sitting in a car without the window being rolled up first. I have no clue why, it's like I'm afraid it's going to float away or something. Note that if the object was a piece of paper it would be legitimate, but I can't hold a brick without needing to roll up the window first.

Weird, huh?
Same here. Same thing happens to me when I'm standing on the balcony at my friend's apartment. Random fear of falling off, even though it's not going to happen. I also sometimes fear the car door will just fly open while I'm leaning on it, even though it's completely locked. I terrify myself D:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My mom used to tell my sister and I not to lean on our car doors for that reason. I always thought that was silly. You'd think those doors were designed for that purpose!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cory

Post by Cory »

I suppose having a car with no roof and a jeep with no doors or roof kinda breaks me of that one
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I'm afraid of a tree falling on me, those things are evil!!!
Sent from my conifer.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Something else I'm afraid of is at night, if someone drives past me on a bike, in a car or whatever, it feels like they're going to kidnap me or murder me or something x_x
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Night scares me too sometimes... We live beside of a graveyard that's on the side of the mountain, and at night you can stand at the bottom of it and look up the hill and it is pitch black. :shock: I mean, I know zombies and all that stuff don't exist, but when I walk passed it at night, It just seems like something's going to jump me. We have mountain lion's, bear, and crazy neighbors, so you never know. :lol:
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
FlintTheSquirrel

Myself and my limits scare me, because of uncertainty.
My thoughts scare me, because they wander off on their own tangent and can conjure up the most violent scary situations. Especially during my depression, which is likely why it lasted so long.
Also, change scares me. I like my box of comfort, and when it gets warped, I start to get stressed.

More things to add to my list of fears.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Tomorrow I'm having a surgery, I'm scared blahless right now, my mom wants me to take pills to calm down, I would rather be completly concious than high, what do you guys think?
Sent from my conifer.
Shake

Post by Shake »

yehoshua wrote:Tomorrow I'm having a surgery, I'm scared blahless right now, my mom wants me to take pills to calm down, I would rather be completly concious than high, what do you guys think?
If it's only temporary, I'd recommend taking them and just chilling out for the night. Being on drugs like that actually isn't that bad, in my experience.
You've shattered my mind and rearranged the pieces into something beautiful.
FlintTheSquirrel

yehoshua wrote:My mom wants me to take pills to calm down, I would rather be completly concious than high, what do you guys think?
I do understand your fear of those things. I rather not have my mind altered by a force like that or drinks or whatever other things there are. My mind is my own, no matter how much it backfires on me. You can take it if you want, but it is your decision. ^^;
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

yehoshua wrote:Tomorrow I'm having a surgery, I'm scared blahless right now, my mom wants me to take pills to calm down, I would rather be completly concious than high, what do you guys think?
If those pills are separate from your anesthesia, I'd suggest NOT taking them--I don't know if it would do anything but I'm paranoid about mixing medications.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

They are sepperate from the anestesia, but I don't know if they will just make me calm down or if they will make me get high and that's a risk i don't want to take.
Sent from my conifer.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I just looked up the pill I had to take, it's an allergy pill. It only makes you drowsy as a side efect and I just took it.
Sent from my conifer.
Alex

Post by Alex »

yehoshua wrote:I just looked up the pill I had to take, it's an allergy pill. It only makes you drowsy as a side efect and I just took it.
Don't forget to tell the doctors that you took it!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Just got back from the surgery, it was really quick, the pill didn't make me drowsy at all though. I'd say things went well. NOW KEEP ME AWAY FROM THAT CRAZY DENTIST!!!
Sent from my conifer.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Wow, that's all? Glad it went quick without complications.

I'm officially scared of girls...
Richarson Valley

FlintTheSquirrel

yehoshua wrote:Just got back from the surgery, it was really quick, the pill didn't make me drowsy at all though. I'd say things went well. NOW KEEP ME AWAY FROM THAT CRAZY DENTIST!!!
Yay! *Hugs you carefully to not injure your recent operated self.* ^^
Alex wrote:I'm officially scared of girls...
I developed that quite a while ago. Only one girl I do talk to on a wish it was regular basis though.
Alex

Post by Alex »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
Alex wrote:I'm officially scared of girls...
I developed that quite a while ago. Only one girl I do talk to on a wish it was regular basis though.
TBH I have many girl friends (As in, female friends), but they're a bit different than the stereotypical adolescent girl...
Richarson Valley

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

What's scary about girls? :?
PF chars

--Phoenix

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

What's not scary about them?
Sent from my conifer.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

yehoshua wrote:What's not scary about them?
That doesn't answer my question. All my life I've been more comfortable around females than males. Which is odd considering I'm male myself. But I've always found GUYS more intimidating as a general trend.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

ChewyChewy wrote:
yehoshua wrote:What's not scary about them?
That doesn't answer my question. All my life I've been more comfortable around females than males. Which is odd considering I'm male myself. But I've always found GUYS more intimidating as a general trend.
I'm not scared of people, but when I was in grade school, I would hang out with some girls in my class mostly, even though I'm male too. I think it was because some of the boys in my class were losers and the girls acted better than them... :lol: The reason why you prefer to hang out with girls is probably because they're easier to be around than a lot of guys. You can get along with them easily, and they typically don't give you problems.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

School: I have to go, and keep going, and without summer break. I think I'm going to break.
Sent from my conifer.
Alex

Post by Alex »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:I'm not scared of people, but when I was in grade school, I would hang out with some girls in my class mostly, even though I'm male too. I think it was because some of the boys in my class were losers and the girls acted better than them... :lol: The reason why you prefer to hang out with girls is probably because they're easier to be around than a lot of guys. You can get along with them easily, and they typically don't give you problems.
Well, it's impossible to judge all girls by just a few individuals. The same goes for guys - if some of them in your class were losers, that doesn't mean that all of them are losers.

However, it is true that girls are usually much more emotional than guys. Especially teenage girls, age 13-21. They cry over a lost relationship on FB, they get mad if their special someone doesn't answer the phone, without even considering that he didn't hear it, they get jealous if their boyfriend greets another girl. It's funny at the beginning, but once you see more and more of such cases, it gets scary. You'd think they all have some kind of mental condition :\
Richarson Valley

Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Bees, particularity lots of them. x_x
Being on a boat far enough where I can't see the land on the horizon.
Wide open spaces are not my cup of tea but I'm not necessarily afraid of them.
Falling (not heights). I like heights but the thought of free falling gives me the chills.

I must be weird because I kina like things like the dark and heights and don't really have any other fears.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

My biggest fear at the moment is needles. I'm actually really surprised no one's brought that one up yet, considering it's a pretty common fear, as far as I know. I had a simple operation done on my big toes (to have my ingrown toenails cut back into order), and the same process which I was fine with a couple years ago (a couple needles into each toe to numb them up) had me literally hyperventilating every time I felt one go in, and because of that I was borderline freaking out for the rest of the operation. :| I was not amused.

My only other notable fear is of dark alleys. Not the dark in general, I'm fine with that. Just dark alleys freak the heck out of me for some reason. Centipedes freak me out a bit too. I'm fascinated by them as well, but they are one of the very few "creepy-crawlies" that, no matter how small, I will not let one crawl on me for any reason. I've seen one too many documentaries on giant centipedes being kept as pets, getting out one night, and killing their owners because the venom squad couldn't get there in time to do anything. I know that smaller ones don't have enough venom to harm an adult human, but the big ones kinda ruined it for me.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I have a mild fear of heights, Most bugs (except Fireflies,Ladybugs and Mantises for some weird reason) especially flies and I'm also afraid of making people angry.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm only really afraid of...
Well, nothing comes to- oh! I'm afraid of being unsure of what to do.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I was afraid of roller coasters until I got on one and had fun, I'm just afraid of my stuff falling off when I'm on a roller coaster.
Sent from my conifer.