Housepets! A story of Tiger Arbelt

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Brian

Housepets! A story of Tiger Arbelt

Post by Brian »

I'm done with this crap. It's going nowhere. :roll:
Last edited by Brian on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Housepets! A story of Tiger Arbelt

Post by Blue Braixen »

Ooh, a fanfic about Tiger!
It seems pretty good, and it really makes me wonder where you'll go with it next. Please, for the love of all things holy, continue!
Brian

Post by Brian »

Tha Housedog wrote:Ooh, a fanfic about Tiger!
It seems pretty good, and it really makes me wonder where you'll go with it next. Please, for the love of all things holy, continue!

Okay bud, just give me a few hours of thinking and rough draft writing and I'll be typing away. Thanks for the support bro.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Brian wrote:

Okay bud, just give me a few hours of thinking and rough draft writing and I'll be typing away. Thanks for the support bro.
Any time. I don't think any fanfic should ever be scrapped.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Brian wrote:

Any time. I don't think any fanfic should ever be scrapped.
Cool. Thanks bro. Any suggestions as to what I could do to improve the flow or atmosphere of the plot?
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Oh how wonderful, I have always wanted to read an Tiger FanFic. and kudos for traveling a path less followed. Capturing Tigers on and off paranoia/insanity is going to be quite challenging I can't wait to see how you do.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'd say that there's one thing you're definitely good at, and that's imagery. I could actually imagine the storm of emotions in Jerry. Overall, I thought the flow was good, though it's a bit small of a sample for me to tell for sure.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Kondog wrote:Oh how wonderful, I have always wanted to read an Tiger FanFic. and kudos for traveling a path less followed. Capturing Tigers on and off paranoia/insanity is going to be quite challenging I can't wait to see how you do.
Yeah man. I've always wanted to explore Tiger's persona and character. He seems challenging to characterize and write about and I'll try to stay to who he is and what he does. Thanks for the support man, I'll try my best not to disappoint.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Tha Housedog wrote:I'd say that there's one thing you're definitely good at, and that's imagery. I could actually imagine the storm of emotions in Jerry. Overall, I thought the flow was good, though it's a bit small of a sample for me to tell for sure.
Yeah, I kind of ran out of imagination juice for the first part. It was kind of a crap-shoot* to see what potential this fanfic could produce.

*Reference to the game of dice.
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

OooOoooOoo...
1:
Don't quit it!
I really liked it!
I look forward to read the next update!
2:
I don't really have anything else to add!
Just one thing... Continue! :D
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hopper200456 wrote:OooOoooOoo...
1:
Don't quit it!
I really liked it!
I look forward to read the next update!
2:
I don't really have anything else to add!
Just one thing... Continue! :D
Alright man I'll get to it. I'm going to need some time to write a rough draft and iron out any bugs. Thanks for the support.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This was a really good start, Brian. You should continue. I can't wait to see where you take this.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Bino

Post by Bino »

Brian wrote:Ive discovered that most of the fanfiction here consists of Grapenut and Bino bashing. I've decided to change that. I'm not saying, or rather typing, that this is a bad thing. I just want to throw something in that's a little different. Please, be relentless in your criticisms and tell me truthfully what you think.
A tiger fanfic is quite the uncommon fanfic here, but i have a feeling it's going to be interesting. Have fun pioneering the topic! You'll do fine!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

A Tiger Fanfic? Ive been waiting for one of these forever! TY Brian!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Brian wrote:Any suggestions as to what I could do to improve the flow or atmosphere of the plot?
You described emotions pretty well. However, it's very short and that makes the plot a little flat. It's like the reader was closed in a tight room. So I suggest to expand your story, so we will be able to be part of the action, not just viewers :)

So you want to explore Tiger's personality? Sounds interesting :) I hope to see your points of view on him.
I'm a bookworm!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

A fanfic about Tiger. Thats one of the rarelies around there. Please counitine with story. Your off to a good start.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Brian wrote:Alright man I'll get to it. I'm going to need some time to write a rough draft and iron out any bugs. Thanks for the support.
Don't write the whole thing at once. Create an update schedule and write decently sized bits at a time. That's how it's done around here so that people don't lose interest while waiting for one major update. It also allows for more discussion about details because between each update people can talk about what they think, hence keeping the thread alive
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

I think it's a matter of preferance with writting it all and doing updates, should just go with what you like better! Also a story about Tiger is a rare thing indeed, so this should be good! Hope Jerry doesn't do something too bad... Tiger seems somewhat unstable so it can't end well...
Brian

Post by Brian »

In another room of the Arbelt house, Marvin and Zach were happily reading over a comic book. Jerry's angry screaming from the kitchen brought an expression of shock on each of their faces. They put the book down and headed downstairs into the messy kitchen. From the doorway they watched Tiger clean up a gigantic mess of chip bags, soda cans, and various other objects of garbage.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS WITH YOU TIGER," Jerry yelled. "DO YOU TRY TO TICK ME OFF? HONESTLY! THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS. THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS I SPENT ON THIS FOOD. AND IT'S NOT JUST FOR YOU YOU KNOW. MARVIN AND ZACH HAVE TO EAT TOO. WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO AHEAD AND EAT THEIR FOOD WHILE YOU'RE AT IT?"

Tiger didn't say anything. He was fuming with anger and confusion. He felt like biting Jerry just to shut him up, but that would no doubt end horrifically for the canine. He was also confused. Why was Jerry so angry? Tiger had done much worse than this before and Jerry hadn't ever raised his voice. Maybe he had reached a breaking point. Maybe Tiger cut the last thread of Jerry's patience. And where was Marvin at to calm Jerry down?
A small gasp emitted from Tiger's left. He turned to see a shocked Marvin accompanied with Zach looking at him with wide eyes from the kitchen doorway. Marvin's eyes traveled across the field of garbage that was slowly being collected from the kitchen floor, then to Tiger, then to Jerry.
Tiger gave his pet sibling a look. A look that said, 'Yeah I know I've messed up. Big time. Could you guys help me out here?'

Marvin advanced into the kitchen with a slow step, and with a shaky voice asked, "Jerry?"
Jerry, tight lipped and breathing heavily, popped off a quieter, yet still frustrated, 'What?' to Marvin.
Marvin twitched slightly at Jerry's response, trembling, he said in a timid voice, "Jerry, please, come and sit down. I'll help clean the kitchen."
Jerry placed his hands on his hips and uttered, "No Marvin. Tiger will clean up his own mess. He'd better get used to you not being around to bail him out."

Tiger and Marvin exchanged a look. What was Jerry talking about?
Before they could delve deeper into this, Jerry snatched the cordless phone off the charger which hung to the kitchen wall and stormed into another room of the house. Some beeping was heard as Jerry dialed a number, and the three pets paused for a moment as they heard Jerry talk to someone on the other line.
"Hello? Aunt Claire? Hey how are you doing? I've been better. Listen could you do a favor for me?"
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

Oh no. Poor Tiger! I have a bad feeling that Tiger might be staying with his Aunt for a while. :(
He most feel horrible!
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ouch.
And Tiger's lucky his dad is not Jeff... :?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Whoa.
Tiger better hope she's the friendly, understanding aunt.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I say he's off to a farm, where the sadistic aunt makes Tiger work all day, and locks him up in the barn. She will ration his food, but makes sure he gets enough, even if it is just barely. That's my guess.

Great story, Brian. I can't wait to find out what really happens! :D
My characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

I say he's off to a farm, where the sadistic aunt makes Tiger work all day, and locks him up in the barn. She will ration his food, but makes sure he gets enough, even if it is just barely. That's my guess.
Just the thought of Tiger Pulling a Plow or Picking a vegetable makes me want to LOL. on the other a strict more discipline parent might be able to curve Tigers excessive eating, and turn all that pent up energy in to something useful
I can't wait to see what happens next.

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Kondog wrote:
Just the thought of Tiger Pulling a Plow or Picking a vegetable makes me want to LOL. on the other a strict more discipline parent might be able to curve Tigers excessive eating, and turn all that pent up energy in to something useful
I can't wait to see what happens next.

Heh, interesting story you made so far, Brian, i wonder what will happen to Tiger too, though he's not one of the most bright characters (various reasons, including Bino and his creepy Teddy bear), it would be really funny to make him work at some farm, though Pulling a plow isn't a dog's work, harvesting vegetables or other stuff that they harvest will be interesting, plus Jerry will be able to save some money while he's away :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Brian

Post by Brian »

When the mess was cleaned and the garbage taken out. Tiger, Marvin, and Zach began chatting together in their room.
"I don't get it," Tiger said, "Jerry's never been this angry before. Do you think he's going to disown me?"
Tiger and Marvin exchanged a look of concern while Zach trained his ears downstairs. Jerry had been on the phone for nearly an hour now, and the three pets were totally ignorant of the conversation that was going on.
"He's just acting out of anger," Zach said hoping to calm and comfort the agitated Tiger. "He'll calm down once Aunt Claire talks some sense into him, trust me, she's a really good lady."
An idea came to Tiger. A mischievous and clever idea.
"I've got it," Tiger exclaimed. Without explanation of his idea Tiger crept into Jerry's office across the hall from the pet's room. Silently, he reached for the receiver and quietly picked the other phone up.
Tiger placed a finger across his muzzle, the universal sign for 'shush'.

Two voices could be heard chatting on the other end. Jerry was calming down now as he vented his frustration to Aunt Claire. She spoke in a calm, gentle voice. Understanding and knowledgeable in every word.
"Don't get me wrong Claire," came Jerry's voice in a half sigh. "He's a good pet. Funny, friendly, and really helpful when he wants to be. But he just doesn't listen, or behave, when I reprimand him."
There was a pause on the line. Tiger took this time to look quietly at Marvin and Zach before Aunt Claire's calm voice came from the other end.
"Oh Jerry, don't be so upset. I'm sure it's just a phase all pets go through. Sometimes discipline doesn't cover the problem you know. Maybe Tiger just needs a break from all the trouble he goes through from his social life. A vacation. A fresh start if you will."
Jerry sighed again. "Thanks for your advice Aunt Claire," he said.
"Oh no problem hon. Just think it over after some rest, and I'll call you in the morning before I come by."

Tiger slowly placed the phone back in its cradle. A look of heartbreak and confusion took hold of his face.
"He's sending me away isn't he?" Tiger asked.
Marvin and Zach looked at each other, then to Tiger.
"We don't know that," Marvin said.
Zach butted in before Marvin could finish.
"If you do go away, it won't be so bad. Aunt Claire is really nice. She knows how to treat animals. If you do get sent away, and I'm not saying you will, you'll no doubt enjoy yourself. Trust me."
Tiger gave a weak smile and an "Okay." But he wasn't okay. If he was being sent away, he was going to be separated from his only friends. And with a name like his, he wasn't to keen to making new enemies in another place he wasn't used to.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Poor Tiger, I hope he gets the best vacation ever, he so deserves some happiness!
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Watch Tiger have the best time ever and not want to return, that would be awesome for him. Though I have a feeling it may go really bad... Hoping for the happy!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am liking this story. No idea why you haven't updated dude. Please continue!!
My characters
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am liking this story. No idea why you haven't updated dude. Please continue!!
My characters