HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by Buckdida »

ArgentFlame wrote:Cier walked up to Venison as Sara did the same. His face took on a concerned expression at Venison's panic, which only grew more pronounced as Sara explained the situation. He stepped forward at her question. "I'm afraid that would take awhile to explain adequately. Might I suggest we go inside first?"
Venison remained extremely on edge, but proceeded through the door, hurriedly hopping on his right leg. He placed the dishes on the counter with haste, and turned to face Sara for an explanation.
Keeshah wrote:Rav is just fine an unharmed..
He was taken in for questioning about the break-in at the control center, since that would have been something the old Rav, might have tried. an we were worried that he was reverting to his old ways. But we know for a fact that Rav was in the barn when the break-in occurred.
Rav has told us that he knew the break-in was going to happen, an that he stopped most of the pets from going in on it, getting them to join him in a sleepover in the barn instead.
It was decided that after his interview, he should stay with his trainer for his own protection. that way no one could accuse him of having anything to do with any of that business.
Venison's pupils dilated. His strength seemed to leave him, and he leaned up against a nearby chair.
Keeshah wrote:The raccoon, Pavelle on the other hand, is having a much worse time of it.
She came running in all upset when she saw Rav being taken away.. an while i was trying to calm her down an explain that Rav would be ok. she saw the headlines of the newspaper on the table, about a cat an two raccoons being among the pets who attacked the control building.. an she got very nervous, scampering from window to window like she was expecting to be the next pet picked up.. very strange behavior for a pet, who Rav said was in the barn with him..
When i told her that animal control had already been at her house an talked with her father..
She just.. mentally fell apart.. She was having trouble speaking, dizzy spells, an she looked very fearful an panicked. I laid her down in the kennel, an she just curled up into a ball under the covers an hissed at anyone got near..

When i called Mr. Nelson over, i found out that he was shocked an surprised to find out that he was the owner of two raccoons! Some how they were able to forge ownership paper for this second raccoon, an he was quite angry about that..
He ofcourse disowned this other raccoon, an was going to turn Pavelle an perhaps Magnus as well into animal control, since he couldn't afford at all to provide her with the kind of medical treatment, an retraining she is going to need. I offered to cover the expensives of her treatments, an he was then willing to give her an second chance.

The pet medics said she was having an stress induced metal shutdown. from there tone, it seemed that this was a very serious, if not fatal event for a pet. so she was rushed off to the pet hospital, an deeply sedated in hopes her condition would stabilize.
Rav was sent over to the hospital to be at her side, in hopes of having someone she knows near by would help bring her out of her catatonic state, when the vet's reversed the sedation.
Venison's eye and tail twitched simultaneously.
And then he exploded.
"WHY WOULD YOU SEND PAVELLE OFF TO AN INSANE ASYLUM FOR A LITTLE BIT OF STRESS?!? THERE'S A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SHATTERED MIND AND ONE THAT JUST NEEDS SOME TIME ALONE!

I

WOULD

KNOW!"

Venison was twitching in an uncontrollable rage while his voice carried far beyond the confines of the house. Sara's last question was obviously lost to Venison's anger.

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DO FOR RETAINING?!? I'VE HEARD THINGS! NASTY THINGS! AND I'VE EVEN EXPERIENCED ONE FIRST-HAND!" Venison seemed ready to pick up and throw the chair he was leaning on. It was even shaking with him, but he instead decided to start hopping around randomly in a circle, likely out of frustration, though to others watching, it would seem comical, or perhaps an act of insanity. "WE'RE GETTING THEM OUT OF THERE! WE'RE GETTING THEM OUT OF THERE NOW! WHERE ARE THEY?!?" Venison continued hopping around. "TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!"
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:The moniter starting beating a little faster as her heartbeat picked up. Her tone, as she talked, was a little more serious. "Letz get outta here, Rav. I wanna get outta here. I dun't like et at all." She held up her IV'ed arm, to show him, and pointed at the moniter. "I dun't like theze thingz. I wanna go home." Something from her memory came again, and she shuddered. Something at home... something at home that she didn't like one bit. But she wanted to go home, all the same. She wanted to get out of this place. She inhaled deeply, and the scent of disinfectant and laundry detergent from her sheets tickled her nose. She sighed again, and felt her eyes watering a bit. "Pleaze? I dun't know why I'm here. Do'ya think we can just go home, now?"

Now now, that wouldn't be a good idea at all..
You need to let the vet's find out whats wrong with you, an why you got so sick that they needed to bring you here.

Rav climbs up into the bed with Pavelle, careful to not get entangled in IV lines an monitor cables. the chain rattling across the top of the bed rail. He cuddles up close against her body, holding her close an comfortingly.
I think we should try to make the best of this, special night together. an just relax, an heal.. besides my trainer said that i....we would be going home tomorrow afternoon.
buckdida wrote:Venison's eye and tail twitched simultaneously.
And then he exploded.
"WHY WOULD YOU SEND PAVELLE OFF TO AN INSANE ASYLUM FOR A LITTLE BIT OF STRESS?!? THERE'S A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SHATTERED MIND AND ONE THAT JUST NEEDS SOME TIME ALONE!

I WOULD KNOW!"

Venison was twitching in an uncontrollable rage while his voice carried far beyond the confines of the house. Sara's last question was obviously lost to Venison's anger.

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DO FOR RETAINING?!? I'VE HEARD THINGS! NASTY THINGS! AND I'VE EVEN EXPERIENCED ONE FIRST-HAND!" Venison seemed ready to pick up and throw the chair he was leaning on. It was even shaking with him, but he instead decided to start hopping around randomly in a circle, likely out of frustration, though to others watching, it would seem comical, or perhaps an act of insanity. "WE'RE GETTING THEM OUT OF THERE! WE'RE GETTING THEM OUT OF THERE NOW! WHERE ARE THEY?!?" Venison continued hopping around. "TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!"

Sara watches Venison, howl an thrash about in circles, reaching over to scratch at Cier's ears when he steps in front of her, as the Coydog rages.

We, an especially YOU, are going nowhere near those two.
Wiggling her finger at Venison
IF YOU HADN'T LEAD SOME muffins and cookies DANGEROUSLY FOOLISH ATTACK ON THE ANIMAL CONTROL BUILDING, RAV would be home here with me right now, instead of being a suspect.
An Pavelle would still have a happy home to go home too, abet with the ticking time-bomb of harboring that other stray raccoon. Instead of hanging onto her home by her clawtips, an so stressed out that she may mentally shutdown an will herself to die! All of that is your fault, BAD DOG.

Sara sighs.. an then in a calmer voice.
Venison.. I am so disappointed in you, of all the pets in this town. I believed you would be the best at keeping the other pets safe, an being the voice of reason to keep them from doing things that could harm them.

Sara rubs her temples.. she must have a headache now.
Venison, I suspect that you have had a rough life, an we have reached out an tried to give you the home you should have always had.
I realize that you may have made a mistake, an i'm not going to hold it against you, but you must respect my wishes now, an keep out of it.
I have always been fond of you, an could love an protect you as much as i do Rav, if you ever wished to be my pet. but please, don't force my hand on this.
Last edited by Keeshah on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier followed Sara and Venison inside, and leaned against a wall, that is, until Venison began yelling again. He stepped forward, just in case the coydog became violent. He spoke, his voice loud enough to be heard over Venison's own, but still calm. "Calm down Venison. The animal hospital is hardly an insane asylum, I should know, I've been in the exact same situation, it's probably the best place for her to be right now. As for retraining, I don't know what kind of experiences you might have had, but I very much doubt that it is all that bad." He stepped forward, his voice growing louder still, and placed firm paw on Venison's shoulder. "I do know that yelling and getting angry are not going to help them."
Sean gazed into space, bored. He barely noticed when the new family showed up, and only looked up when one of the dogs passed him and sat in the last remaining chair. The dog spoke to him, and he looked over, noting that this was one of the ones who had played at the audition. "Uh... hey." He paused, the silence awkward. "Didn't you play something at that audition thing?"
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:We, an especially YOU, are going nowhere near those two.
Venison stopped hopping around, and looked straight at Sara.
'What did she just say...?'
Keeshah wrote:Wiggling her finger at Venison
IF YOU HADN'T LEAD SOME muffins and cookies DANGEROUSLY FOOLISH ATTACK ON THE ANIMAL CONTROL BUILDING, RAV would be home here with me right now, instead of being a suspect.
An Pavelle would still have a happy home to go home too, abet with the ticking time-bomb of harboring that other stray raccoon. Instead of hanging onto her home by her clawtips, an so stressed out that she may mentally shutdown an will herself to die! All of that is your fault, BAD DOG.
At this, Venison's eyes narrowed, his lips pulled back in a snarl. A low growl started...but then Sara began talking again.
Keeshah wrote:Sara sighs.. an then in a calmer voice.
Venison.. I am so disappointed in you, of all the pets in this town. I believed you would be the best at keeping the other pets safe, an being the voice of reason to keep them from doing things that could harm them.

Sara rubs her temples.. she must have a headache now.
Venison, I suspect that you have had a rough life, an we have reached out an tried to give you the home you should have always had.
I realize that you may have made a mistake, an i'm not going to hold it against you, but you must respect my wishes now, an keep out of it.
I have always been fond of you, an could love an protect you as much as i do Rav, if you ever wished to be my pet. but please, don't force my hand on this.
ArgentFlame wrote:Cier followed Sara and Venison inside, and leaned against a wall, that is, until Venison began yelling again. He stepped forward, just in case the coydog became violent. He spoke, his voice loud enough to be heard over Venison's own, but still calm. "Calm down Venison. The animal hospital is hardly an insane asylum, I should know, I've been in the exact same situation, it's probably the best place for her to be right now. As for retraining, I don't know what kind of experiences you might have had, but I very much doubt that it is all that bad." He stepped forward, his voice growing louder still, and placed firm paw on Venison's shoulder. "I do know that yelling and getting angry are not going to help them."
At this, Venison let loose a noise he hadn't uttered in a couple years, since he had run away.
Venison barked.
He stood for some moments, as the silence reigned for some time. A primal noise, something of unintelligence to him. But at least the message of, 'Shut up' was more than clear.
Then he began to giggle a little bit.
"Oh, yes!" he said. "Leave the well being of the pets in the hands of a mentally insane stray who goes crazy when around large amounts of emotion!" he giggled some more. "Trust the half breed coyote and dog mix with a homemade taser! Trust the opportunist and the thief!" He began to laugh. "Trust the runner and the betrayer! The dog who does nothing but hurt others!" Venison was laughing in full now, using the chair to hold himself up. "Hee hee..." Venison took a deep breath, then looked up with a smile and closed eyes.
"What happened to Rav didn't take to me, and I'd sooner die than let Pavelle go though the same." He opened his eyes, and his expression turned serious. "Mark my words on that. I'm going to do whatever I can, since it was largely my fault. If you don't want to help me, then I'd rather you stay out of my way...even if this is basically going to be a suicide mission for me."
Venison looked up a moment, smiling and pondering.
"Humans can take their extreme retraining methods and suck it. It doesn't work. 'The only downside to this method, while it may work on approximately 99% of pets in full and for the remainder of their lives, is that the of the remaining 1%, generally those whom are highly intelligent or strong willed, can shatter the mental hold the conditioning has upon them. When the pet breaks free from its hold without the counter-counseling methods used to reverse the method, the results are disastrous; generally a shattered psyche which varies based on personality. In rare cases (approximately .00001% of all cases), the mental damage is so severe that it can interrupt vital functions such as breathing."
He looked back at Sara. "Quoted from a handwritten medical report, carelessly left on my former 'parent's' desk. Draw your own conclusions."

Venison began hopping towards the front door. There was only one pet hospital around, and he knew where it was. There had to be someone that could help him...
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy was led down the hall by his new designated trainer, biting the guy at the riot really got him into big trouble. "W-where are we going ma'am?" Stephanie was female trainer who worked fairly closely with Christopher and got wind of the whole situation.
"Well I heard some of your friends might be here and thought you might like to be with them while I got some paper work done."
Looking down at the floor as she dragged him along by the hand, he felt guilty about what he did and thought there was something seriously wrong with him for giving in to anger. The whole way his tail is tucked and his ears folded back, he doesn't even look up when she opens the doors. His normally friendly smile is replaced with a worried and depressed frown, looking up for just a second and recognizing Rav and Pavelle (I think he's met Pavelle at some point), though this only serves to embarass him as she starts to leave the room. "Just make sure you stay out of trouble." The door closes behind her with Balbaroy standing there staring at the floor.

--------------------

Lucky woke up, worried by yesterday's events but more so ashamed. He got so cowardly when things started to get a little bad and left everybody at the park at the slightest chance of danger to his own being. He had to do something to make up for it, whether his instincts told him to run or not. Striding out the door with a determined look he sets out to find a way to redeem himself.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: He looked back at Sara. "Quoted from a handwritten medical report, carelessly left on my former 'parent's' desk. Draw your own conclusions."

Venison began hopping towards the front door. There was only one pet hospital around, and he knew where it was. There had to be someone that could help him...

Sara looks surprised, an pats the couch.
Come over here an sit with us, an tell us more about your life before you came here..
If you can do so calmly, truthfully, an sincerely, i'll think about taking you to visit them in the hospital.. You'll have to put up with wearing a leash while your there.. By the way, I love your tag, fits your name so well, but that collar is so extreme an gaudy, looks like something Rav would pick out.

*** meanwhile back in the animal hospital (which is across the parking lot from the animal control building.) ***

Rav picked up his head.. Oops! busted up on the bed by the nurse he though as the door to the room is opened..
kalvin wrote:Balbaroy was led down the hall by his new designated trainer, biting the guy at the riot really got him into big trouble. "W-where are we going ma'am?" Stephanie was female trainer who worked fairly closely with Christopher and got wind of the whole situation.
"Well I heard some of your friends might be here and thought you might like to be with them while I got some paper work done."
His normally friendly smile is replaced with a worried and depressed frown, looking up for just a second and recognizing Rav and Pavelle (I think he's met Pavelle at some point), though this only serves to embarass him as she starts to leave the room. "Just make sure you stay out of trouble." The door closes behind her with Balbaroy standing there staring at the floor.

Rav Blushes greatly, his inner ears turning a deep red, as he is caught snuggled in against the snoozing again she-coon.
Balbaroy! where have you been hiding, i've not seen you in a dogs age.
Sitting up a bit on the bed..
An what are you doing in the hospital??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Sara looks surprised, an pats the couch.
Come over here an sit with us, an tell us more about your life before you came here..
If you can do so calmly, truthfully, an sincerely, i'll think about taking you to visit them in the hospital.. You'll have to put up with wearing a leash while your there.. By the way, I love your tag, fits your name so well, but that collar is so extreme an gaudy, looks like something Rav would pick out.
Venison stopped with his hand on the door handle. He could just open it and walk out, and see what he could do. But he had one bad leg, no support to speak of, and no plan. But at the same time, Venison didn't trust Sara. He really wanted to just walk out, as Rav's owner had done all she possibly could to tie him down. As far as Venison was concerned, he would never be owned again by a single person. But worse...she was far too much like his mom. Loving. Caring. Protecting. Then...
'We're only doing this to protect you...we don't want to let this happen, but it's the only way...'
His grip on the doorknob tightened to the point where his claws extended and began to scratch the wood of the door.
'At the same time, Rav took a bullet for her...'
'It's a lot easier to break out than in...'
'Maybe she'll listen and get them out...
"...Sara...get some clothes on. And ones that can get a little dirty. I'll try to explain as much as I can...but not here. We're going to the thinking tree."
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier let out a relieved sigh, glad that was over. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, calming his nerves. He felt a pressure on the side of his face and neck, Del hugging him, and smiled slightly. "How are you two doing?" He said to the mice, his voice low. The pressure let up. "I'm fine, though I was kind scared there for a minute."
caelei

Post by caelei »

Now now, that wouldn't be a good idea at all..
You need to let the vet's find out whats wrong with you, an why you got so sick that they needed to bring you here.
I think we should try to make the best of this, special night together. an just relax, an heal.. besides my trainer said that i....we would be going home tomorrow afternoon.
Pavelle laid still, though she was upset that Rav had said no to going home. She soon relaxed, though. The Shepard's scent, being that he was so close, helped mask the discomforting smell of the room, and his warmth was making her sleepy. She sighed, and felt herself nodding off...
Balbaroy! where have you been hiding, i've not seen you in a dogs age.
An what are you doing in the hospital??
The sound of Rav's voice brought Pavelle out of sleep, and she slowly blinked her eyes open. For a second, there were blurry trees towering above her, their layers and layers of needles shielding her from the sun... Pavelle blinked again, and she was looking at a ceiling. She reached up to rub her eyes, and looked slowly over towards the doorway, which had been shut. Another dog was standing there. Baaaalbaroy. She picked up one hand slowly, tiredly, and gave a little wave, smiling. "Mooore vizzitors?" she asked, chuckling dryly. She rolled a little, turning onto her side, Rav still sitting up next to her. There. Now she could see the newcomer better. She squinted through her sedation, looking at him, at his expression. Her brow crinkled. "Wazz da matter, puppeh?" she asked, tone sounding vaguely concerned. It was hard for her to concentrate, but she forced her attention onto Balbaroy.

Meanwhile...
Felix's head snapped towards the Ligerr house. There was yelling. Loud enough he could make out a couple words. "Pavelle? Asylum? Retraining?" he repeated aloud to himself, and then sagged against the tree. Whatever 'asylum' and 'retraining' were, they did not sound like happy, fun things. "Oh ****, this is going to be fun." He rubbed his temples with his unbroken hand, and then looked down at his broken fingers. The pain wasn't too much of a trouble, now, but enough of a nuisance to be a reminder of the injury, all the same. He had gotten up earlier and gone into the woods to do a diagnosis on his condition. It wasn't like he was trained for medical care, of course not. He just had enough experience (getting in fights often, especially with angry strays and ferals) that he knew what to do to help heal himself. Like checking if he had to rebreak any bones to set them correctly. He hadn't, which he considered lucky, and had snuck into Edie's house and picked up tape from a big box of medical supplies in the kitchen. Then he had gotten three scavenged sticks of suitable length and width, and had placed them on either side of the two broken fingers, and used the borrowed tape to wrap around and around, so that they would be held straight to heal properly. The tape wouldn't have worked without the sticks, seeing as he was covered in fur, but with them in place, it stuck to them instead of his fur and held on quiet nicely. He had considered dressing his shoulder, which had covered itself in scabs while he slept during the night, but had considered that overkill. Eh, he could stick it out. Of course, it hurt like the devil to move his shoulder, but he could power through that if needed. Though if he moved it too much, the scab might break and set it to bleeding again. Which was always disgusting.

Felix sat up a little straighter, looking towards the Ligerr house again. He pondered for a moment, eyes narrowed, watching for activity. There was someone in there that knew about his sister's condition, and most probably her whereabouts, also. So, step number one in getting Edie back would be to question any individuals that might know. After that, all he would need was a little dog-power. Well, dog-power and a suitable plan that didn't involve him getting captured by a bunch of idiot humans. He figured that by now the guy driving that car yesterday had told the cops that it had been a raccoon that had thrown that rock. So he'd be in trouble. Or Edie would be. Maybe that's why they had taken her... ((He doesn't know that the newspaper said that there were raccoons involved in the break-in, because he can't read. He also doesn't know that Pavelle's dad disowned him, or the condition of his sister.)) One thing at a time. Get information. Afterwards, get... help. He didn't think it would he too hard to convince Magnus to help him get his sister back, so that wasn't a problem. The problem was that he was begging off a pet. He sneered, but shook his head. He had to ask the Dane; there was no choice in the matter.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' shrugged as she walked. "You ain't that old." She turned her head slightly and smiled at him, "Why should age make a difference on who your friends are or who you like?" She turned back forward to look where she was going. "Someone's age shouldn't make a difference to anything, be it, family, friends or love." Sal' was very strong on her opinions of the world.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Dylan started waving his arms frantically. That guy is crazy! why isn't he at a insane asylum! Dylan looking over at Venison wearily, Actually...never mind, I want to see him go nuts.

Amelia shrugged at Brian, didn't you already eat this morning? while still waiting for her food. she then looked over at the strange cat that kept following them everywhere. Amelia lowered her voice so that the other cat couldn't hear. Is that other cat your friend too?

Pyxis scratched his temple, normally I like to play in boxes in my room...We could make a fort! Pyxis made a huge grin as he said that.We could make it all the way to the ceiling if we wanted to!
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy looked down ashamedly and let out a light whimper as Rav asked him why he was here. Stuttering a little at first he finally blurts it out. "I bit somebody!"

--------------------

Lucky, not knowing where else to go, headed towards Rav's house. No clue where to go from there though, but he figured he would wing it and see how things turn out.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Dylan wrote:Amelia shrugged at Brian, didn't you already eat this morning? while still waiting for her food. she then looked over at the strange cat that kept following them everywhere. Amelia lowered her voice so that the other cat couldn't hear. Is that other cat your friend too?
"You're right, Amelia," Brian said. "I suppose I don't really need to eat anything. I guess I'd just hate to enter a cafe and NOT eat anything. . . ." Brian sighed. "I hope the other pets are sociable, because I didn't bring anything else to do."

Brian then looked around and saw the cat Amelia was referring to. "I don't think I know that cat," Brian whispered back. "In fact, I don't believe I've been formally introduced to any cats since I moved here. Just O'Connor, Tory, and now you."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Pavelle blinked again, and she was looking at a ceiling. She reached up to rub her eyes, and looked slowly over towards the doorway, which had been shut. Another dog was standing there. Baaaalbaroy. She picked up one hand slowly, tiredly, and gave a little wave, smiling. "Mooore vizzitors?" she asked, chuckling dryly. She rolled a little, turning onto her side, Rav still sitting up next to her. There. Now she could see the newcomer better. She squinted through her sedation, looking at him, at his expression. Her brow crinkled. "Wazz da matter, puppeh?" she asked, tone sounding vaguely concerned. It was hard for her to concentrate, but she forced her attention onto Balbaroy.
Kalvin wrote:Balbaroy looked down ashamedly and let out a light whimper as Rav asked him why he was here. Stuttering a little at first he finally blurts it out. "I bit somebody!"

Well good for you, they must have really deserved it, if they got you to bite them.
Rav barks proudly to the poodle.. then he turns his head to Pavelle.

Well, it looks we have a new classmate to join us in animal school. We are all going to have some much fun learning to be good obedient pets!!
Rav barks, wagging his tail..

So how did they catch you? or did you turn yourself in??
Rav thinks for a minute..
Why did they bring you to the hospital for? exam? shots? rabies testing?
Rav's ears drop back a bit..
There not having you altered, just cause you nipped someone are they?
Rav asks concerned..

*** meanwhile ***

Sara, puts on some undies, an a jogging suit.. seeming not caring if the pets were peeking in as she gets dressed. putting on sneakers.

Well i believe that i'm ready.. So what is this thinking tree??

Sara does a double take, as she notices the mice on Cier's shoulders for the first time..
hello there, nice pet, pet's you have there Cier.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Sean wrote:"Uh... hey." He paused, the silence awkward. "Didn't you play something at that audition thing?"
As soon as the dog mentioned the audition, Matthew realized that was where he must have seen him before. "Uh, yeah," Matthew said, "I played the violin. It's a bit unconventional, but it's my instrument and I love it." Matthew paused for a second, somewhat surprised with himself. He was actually talking. To a stranger. He might as well keep the conversation going. "I don't think I've met you before; what do you go by?" he asked.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier opened his eyes and raised a brow at Dylan's comment, he certainly was an odd little mouse. He turned his head to look at Sara as she returned from dressing. He had to hold back a chuckle at her implication, though Del did no such thing, laughing for a short time before addressing the human. "Haha. Hello there."
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison opened the door hopping out across the street. "Well, ever since I've been here... there's this one tree over by Pavelle's house. It's a good spot for solitude and thinking...and talking about serious matters." Venison hopped onto the curb near Pavelle's house. "It's in a small clearing, usually with mud around if it's been raining, though it hasn't been recently. Normally, I'd climb up the tree, but..." Venison let his words trail off as he hopped through Pavelle's yard. "This way is the fastest way. Com'on, now." Venison continued hopping until he reached the base of the tree, then sat down, leaning against the trunk. "Alright then...this here is the 'Thinking tree.' Most times, only Pavelle and I use it, but I think you'll be needing to process this as well...and...I need to figure out how to tell my story..."
Venison looked off into the distance for a moment.
"I'll try my best, but I don't know how well I'll do..."
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Welcome back, John. Sorry to pull you out of there so soon but we have to go over some things, new orders. Meet me in my cabin, the Colonel is there as well. Sergeant Marshall, you're needed in the grounds."

"Yes sir." With that, Marshall left and headed towards the training area. When he reached there, there was some minor exercise going on. "Hey Gunny, how are you doing?"

The Gunnery Sergeant turned his head to find Marshall standing and looking at the new guys. "Hey Marshall, nothing much, got this batch today. As you can see, you will have to whip them up to shape. Most of them anyways, there is a husky over there that is doing pretty good, better than some of our previous batch." He pointed to the end of the row.

"I think I'll go check him out. Gunny, give the rest of them the Menu. That should whip them out to shape in no time."

The gunnery Sergeant chuckled. "Oh I will alright. By the way, he's a she."

"A she eh? Well, lets see how good she is then."

As he approach the Husky from the raised platform, he could see from her stance and her way of handling her weapon that she was very experienced and comfortable with it, and there was something about her that was familiar. As she finished up her clip, she made sure her firearm was safe and turned around. It was that moment the realization of who she was hit him.

"Marshall! Good to see you again. How have you been doing?" said the husky with a Russian accent.

"I'm fine, it has been a while Natalia. Would you uh.." What is that word again. Of all the time to choke.

" like to have supper with me?" Natalia completed it while giving him a smile.

"Yeah."

"You are one of the easiest to read Marshall and with a reputation like yours, it is even more incredible. And yes, I would like to, you silly pup."

Marshall blushed at that and tried hard not to show it in front of her. It was something that she came up during their joint op, at first jokingly as he slipped on the ice while carrying supplies back to their safe house but as the mission dragged on, he felt something more about it. She was good looking after all and it seems to him that she liked using that phrase every time he tried to talk to her, stuttering as he felt more attracted to her.

After getting their supper, it was time to do the night training in the woods that is part of the Orchard. Upon reaching the briefing area, the new batch of recruits have already been briefed. "Time for the Menu to commence." He said this to Natalia as he smile, knowing that Gunny would have made a very good impression about what they are about to go into. He could see it on some of their faces, both owners and their "pets".

"Alright, now that your target is here," Gunny said as he pointed to Marshall. "As I've said earlier, you will be provided with night vision goggles as well as a marked rubber knife. Now get into the woods and wait for the signal on your radio or collars. 2 Clicks means it is on. 5 clicks means its over. Good luck and hope you survive." As the recruits moved into the woods, Gunny came over to both of them. "So I take it that she is not just a recruit, that explains the fine stance and shooting form. So, would she be joining the fun?"

"Yes, I would like to see how good Marshall is during training. He seems like a silly pup to me." waiting for the reaction that she knows is coming.

Marshall blushed at that again. "I uh...Gunny, I need my usual equipment." He said as he watched Gunny moving to the table while chuckling and returning, giving him his equipment that consists of a specially designed heads up display (HUD) that will fit comfortably, with a flat screen facing his right eye that serves as where the information would be displayed as well as acting as night vision although it isn't as effective as what they have, a special collar that would act as both radio and signal tracker and of course, a rubber knife.

"Go out there and do your stuff. Camera's rolling. Missy, you're coming with me to the observation deck. You can watch the screens there for the action."

"Good luck Marshall, don't make a fool of yourself." as she walked away with Gunny to the deck.

"Thanks, they won't know what hit them." He said while putting on his HUD and collar, the only time that he ever puts a collar on. Grabbing his rubber knife, he waited for the signal to begin. Tonight, he will be both the hunter and the hunted.

Once everyone was in position, Gunny gave the signal to all of them via radio clicks and Marshall was went off into the woods, thankful that there was just enough moonlight to let him see naturally without fully resorting to the use of the night vision. Besides, it was better to rely on the natural eyesight in this situation.

Marshall moved slowly through the woods while keeping low, looking around and pausing his steps to look out for any signs of movement or checking for any unnatural noises while making him invisible in the blackness, his fur coloration further helped him to blend into the background. He stopped after reaching a certain point, noticing movement coming from the area in front of him, moving away from him. Tango Spotted. he thought in his mind as he look slowly around for additional targets, finding non.

He decided to take him from the flank and soon started his stalk to get into position. Once in position, all he had to do is to wait for his target to make a mistake. His target was very cautious but it was to no avail. Marshall quickly placed his rubber knife on his target's throat, paw on his target's muzzle to prevent any sound coming while whispering to his ear "You're out."
His target still didn't know what hit him but the "You're out." gave him the look of disappointment which was clear.

The night dragged with similar situations breaking out in different parts of the woods before the 5 clicks were heard. It was clear to the recruits that whatever they've learned prior to this exercise isn't going to work. Each of them shocked at how the others were taken out as well, with marks on vital points but the greater shock would be the seemingly uselessness of the numerical advantage. With that, a minor debriefing would ensue, dismissing them back to their bunks then a complete debrief would accompany that the next day, allowing the events of the night to sink into them.

"Nice going Marshall. Seems like you still have it in you."

"Yeah, the ambient light helped. They will get better. They always do. Anyways time to hit the sack. wake me up in 0400 hours."

"Hate to burst your bubble Marshall but it is nearly 0400. Losing your touch silly pup?" Natalia said while giggling.

"Probably." as he said that, he yawned.

"Nah, you're still good like you were last time. There were a lot more than before. Also, John and Miss Vasiliev would want to see both of you in the Colonel's quarters."

"We'll go there now. Come on Marshall." Natalia answered before he could, dragging him by his paw to the quarters.

When they reached there, they were told that they will be staying together in another new location, Richardson Valley to conduct the training since it was nearer to the Orchard. However, in Marshall's mind, he figured there must be something else but drones don't question too much as most of it would be using the age old excuse in their business, 'Classified, Eyes only [Insert name]'

With that, they went back to their allocated bunks and slept. Waking up the next day and drove to RV, arriving around 9 in the morning at their allocated residence.

"Come on Marshall, lets go look around the area." She said as she dragged him by his paw again.

"Have fun you two." Miss Vasiliev said to the two dogs as she started moving the things inside the house with John. "You know John, I can see that there is something going on with those two."

"It happened during the mission as far as I can tell." as he moved the luggage inside the house, chuckling.
Last edited by EchoFireant on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
caelei

Post by caelei »

Well good for you, they must have really deserved it, if they got you to bite them.
Well, it looks we have a new classmate to join us in animal school. We are all going to have some much fun learning to be good obedient pets!!
So how did they catch you? or did you turn yourself in??
Why did they bring you to the hospital for? exam? shots? rabies testing?
There not having you altered, just cause you nipped someone are they?
Pavelle blinked slowly at Rav, brain struggling to process information. She knew that he had said something that should be important to her, and yet... she was losing it. Something about... learning? She yawned again, and the silver from Rav's chain caught her eye. Shiiiiiiny. She touched the chain, then followed it to it's end on Rav, and then to the end attached to the bed. She frowned. She liked shiny things. But this one she couldn't get at. She leaned closer, looking at the lock, where it attached to the chain. If she could get this off, she could get the shiny chain. She wondered vaguely how much a chain would sell for. Probably not much. Ah well. She inspected the locking mechanism. Hmmm. She looked at where the chain was attached to the bed, again. Locked, also. Darn. She folded her arms, scowling a little at nothing, suddenly irritated that she hadn't been able to get the chain off Rav. Then she had an idea. If she went and got Venison to unlock it for her, then came back, the people couldn't be mad, could they? Because she had come back, after all... It should be fine. At least, she figured it should be. In one wobbly move, she twisted sideways, propelling herself onto her feet and out of bed. She tried to take a step, saying, "I'll be bock," like the Terminator, before the sedatives caused her to stumble and trip over her own feet. She tripped forward and landed with a *oomph* on her stomach, giggling. She rolled onto her back, trying to get in good position to stand again, accidentally tangling herself in her IV line. There was a struggle for a moment, then Pavelle sighed, looking down at herself, and the IV cord wrapped around her midsection. Her expression grew puzzled and she looked at Balby and Rav. "Yu'll hafta excuze me, gentlemen. But I seem to have got myzelf stuck. Oh, bother." Then she frowned even more, and looked down at herself again. When she looked back up, she was giggling a little. "Why am I wearing a hozpital gown?" She kicked her feet, feebly trying to straighten herself out. Then she had an idea. She slowly spun again, wrapping herself up even more, and then frowned. That should've worked, shouldn't it? Ah, well. She winced as her movement tugged on the IV still attached to her arm.

Meanwhile...
Felix looked down from the tree to find... that Coydog, a human, and another dog, with two mice, all trooping around it. He sighed. It would've been easier if it was just the Coydog. The human he didn't trust. And the other pets... in the minute chance that somehow they got to fighting, the others would side with Venison, and he'd be left to try to take them all out. Or, at least, try to outrun them all, which would be the smarter thing to do. Of course, when it came to fighting, he had never really chosen the smarter thing... He sighed. If only he didn't need this information... but he did need it, so no point in groaning and complaining to himself about it. He stood up from his position, balancing on the branch, and walked over to the trunk. Edie (or at least he had assumed it was Edie), had left some nice easy handholds to climb on, so getting down wouldn't be a problem. Ordinarily, on a different tree, he might have had trouble getting up and down, considering the condition of his hand and shoulder. But the handholds, already marked into the bark, would be a big help. He started working his way down, slowly, taking his time, trying not to make too much noise. He could only use the index, middle, and thumb on his broken hand for gripping, and his shoulder ached like crazy, but not so much that he couldn't hold on. He scrabbled for footing once, about halfway down, and froze, hoping that the group hadn't heard. He panted silently, listening. One of them was saying something. So maybe he still had the element of surprise. If not... he didn't want to be caught halfway up a tree with nowhere to go. He'd be easy pickings. Grimacing for a moment, he explored his options. What to do? Continuing down this way was only getting more difficult, as his fingers tired. Getting a handhold on the tree would get louder and louder as he progressed, and they'd be ready to grab him by the time he actually reached the ground. He sighed, and decided to jump the rest of the way down. It might hurt a little, but it was faster and quieter. He readied himself, then launched into the air. As soon as his feet hit the ground he summersaulted through, rolling up to a standing position, adopting a cautious, low stance as he did. Felix knew that he was in sight of the group, and he brought his hands up defensively, ready for any reaction. He knew that they would be able to analyze his condition and choose whether or not to attack, and exposing his hand injury to them might tempt them to fight, but he hoped that if he looked ready enough and willing to battle they'd be persuaded to keep to themselves. He bounced on the balls of his feet, ignoring the throbbing of his shoulder, and glared.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Dylan stared at Cier reaction, ...what? I'm just saying it is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
"hello there, nice pet, pet's you have there Cier." Dylan immediately squeaked out in anger. Hey lady! I'm no pet for nobody! he then started to mumble something unintelligible under his breath as she looked angerly at Sara.

Amelia felt bad, she shouldn't have come here expecting Brian to have already eaten. She thought about it for a bit before the clerk handed her her muffin.We could always split the muffin...I don't eat that much. Amelia blushed again, what a weird day this was turning out to be, being with this dog she never met before... Well, he was her neighbor it wouldn't hurt to be nice.
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison paused for a moment. 'How do I go about telling this? I can't say what happened to me...how did I even give out that information earlier? There wasn't any headache or anything...well, I suppose we just start at the beginning...'

"Well...let's see. The start." Venison's expression was that of a thinker. "I'll try and keep this shorter...I was adopted pretty young, along with my sister, Leaka, to my family. You see, I am a Coydog, or Coyote and dog hybrid. I'm not exactly sure what the dog part of me is...my 'parents' as you would say, shut down this puppy mill where they were cross breeding coyotes, wolves and domestic dogs and...urrrgh. Well, we both got lucky and my parents...very rich parents...had all the wolves and coyotes sent back to the wild, and the puppies sent to adoption centers and pet stores save for me and my sister." Venison suddenly looked downcast. "I found out later that the other dogs, however, had no owners, so my parents went an-AARRGH!"
Venison suddenly started holding his head, with his eyes clenched and his lips pulled back in a snarl. A sharp pain, seemingly from nowhere, echoed though his skull.
He gritted his teeth. 'Too close. ****!' He let his face relax again, then shook out his head before trying to explain. "This is what I meant by 'try to explain."

Venison sighed. "Okay, continuing...For the most part, as a pup and early years, I lived in great comfort, everything provided that a pet would want, you know, like..." Venison paused. "Okay, you know what? I think it would just be faster to say my parents were loaded, and we lived in a mansion. I got everything, and spent a lot of time with Minka, my human 'sister,' as well as Leaka, and Joseph, my human 'brother.' But my parents were quite elusive, either working at...their work, or working at home in secured parts of the mansion that none of us could get into without a keycard and passcode. As I found, the reasons for their security was obvious...I'll try to touch on that later, but I can't promise anything..."

Venison sighed again. "I was a very smart puppy. Given all my resources, I could basically go about doing anything, even if a human wasn't supervising, as long as I stayed inside or in the backyard. But aside from Leaka, I had no contact with other pets, and when Minka did take me out, other dogs thought my fur coloring was strange, so they avoided me. If I was alone, they picked on me, since I'm...not very strong. So...I spent most of my time reading and learning on my own. I learned a lot about human values and their core subjects taught in school. I'd say my intelligence surpasses that of most pets, and equal at least to that of a high school graduate...more or less, someone who could be functional on their own in society without support from others. That stuff aside, I used the internet to learn more...practical things. After all, nobody is going to give a dog lessons on how to pick a lock or make a Molotov..." Venison looked off. "I spent a lot of extra time attempting to create my own fighting style, and learning to move quickly to hold up in a fight. Maybe not as refined as a real one, but still a leg up on most animals who think they can scrap. And it went on like that for a good while..."

And then Felix suddenly bounded out of the tree, his hands up, ready to fight. Venison attempted to start up, but forgot about his leg and fell over in pain. Venison growled at Felix from the ground.

"Where have you been, you miserable little scavenger?!? Any idea what's happened to Pavelle?!? At all?!? Or what situation we're in?!?" Venison still had leftover anger to vent. "Weren't you supposed to be protecting your sister when I or Rav could not?!?" Venison tried to stand up again, but slipped, falling into a mud puddle facefirst, instantly defusing him.

"...yuck."
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Sean wrote:"I'm Sean. Who're you?"
"I'm Matthew. Well it's nice to meet you, Sean," Matthew said. He considered shaking paws in the traditional method of greeting for a second, then decided against it, thinking it would be awkward, as they were sitting next to each other, not across from each other. "So, uh... do you live around here?" Matthew asked, not entirely sure of what to say.

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Dylan wrote:Amelia felt bad, she shouldn't have come here expecting Brian to have already eaten. She thought about it for a bit before the clerk handed her her muffin.We could always split the muffin...I don't eat that much. Amelia blushed again, what a weird day this was turning out to be, being with this dog she never met before... Well, he was her neighbor it wouldn't hurt to be nice.
Brian cracked a bit of a nervous smile, but was too embarrassed to make eye contact with Amelia, or for that matter with anything besides the floor. "If you're wi-- willing to do it," he said a bit shyly. "If you really think you can trust me with half a muffin, go for it. I, I'll eat it." Gosh, I really feel like such a user, Brian thought.
Cthonion

Post by Cthonion »

After spending some time going through the back of the truck and moving in all of the boxes that he could lift with his small frame, the movers had pretty much ploughed through the larger things, and coincidentally the movers and the small feline had finished at about the same time. One of the movers, a human that looked a bit tubby, walked inside to collect their fee from the older man that hadn't come back outside. The second mover, also on the round side, but looked like a bit of a slob due to the fact that his beard looked like it had gone unshaven for quite a long time, and due to the warm weather had gotten a sweat stain on the back and front of his dark blue shirt, was walking over to the cat leaning against the mover's truck, trying to catch his breath.

"Hey there, little guy." The human smiled genuinely and crouched down next to him so he could get a better look at him. "I just wanted to thank you for helping us, we finished really quick because of you"

The feline's ears pinned back and he stared at the ground, tail moving inbetween his legs at the sudden attention from the human. "Erm...eh...okay, my owner said, so...yeah"

"Here ya go, for helping us out" The human had reached into his pocket and pulled out a 10$ bill, pressing it into one of his paws. He reached up to give the cat a scritch on the head, but the cat seemed to get a bit flustered and pulled away from him, moving back a couple steps. The man shook his head, "Okay, buddy...enjoy you're new home. Oh! And if you'd like, there's a coffee shop down that way, a good place to meet people and get a nice drink."

Jance was blushing hard, not used to being talked to like this. He simply nodded and mumbled a thank you, looking at the money for a moment before clenching it in his paw, the leather case still tucked under his arm. He turned and ran in the way the man indicated, wanting to get away from his new owner for a bit, not that the man had been mean to him, but he wasn't used to being around a human for such an extended period of time, the trip had been five days.

At the end of his block, he glanced both ways, making sure there were no cars coming, then continued on. He could see the section of town where there was some stores, and he could see a picture of a cup of coffee, That must have been the coffee shop the guy was talking about.

He opened the door in a rush, making a small scene unintentionally, panting softly as he had ran the distance here from his house, he glanced around and blushed, blanching a bit from embarrassment, muttering, "Sorry..." He pulled the case out from under his arm and hugged it to his chest, as if it was bringing him some sort of comfort before stepping forward in line to order something.
"You should join the military :3 That way instead of bombing military bases you can log them"
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier followed Venison outside the house and too the tree. He listened silently as Venison talked about his past. The coydog obviously was having trouble bringing up the his past. He knew how hard it could be to think about such things. He kept listening, paying close attention when Felix suddenly dropped out of the tree and put up his paws, as though expecting a fight. Venison tried to stand, obviously angry with the raccoon, but slipped and fell in the mud. Cier stepped forward to help Venison up, watching Felix all the while.
__________________________________________________________________________________
"I guess I do, now. I only got here two days ago though." He paused for a few moments. "Uh... How long have you lived here?"
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

ArgentFlame wrote:"I guess I do, now. I only got here two days ago though. Uh... How long have you lived here?"
"Oh, well... welcome to Richardson Valley. I've been here for about four years, for most of my life," Matt said.

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia smiled as she walked over to a table, she grabbed a plastic knife and began to divide the muffin as carefully as she could. Her paw reached out for a napkin and placed his share of the muffin on it. She gave a weak smile as she handed it to him.

Dylan laughed as he saw the way Venison was on the ground, now might have been a good time to start making loud remarks, but he was still sore from the last dog he did that to, it was probably better if he kept his mouth shut for a while. Hey! Cier, what's this guy all worked up about?
Make Pasta not war.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Sean shifted, slightly uncomfortable. "Um... Thanks? I guess." Sean looked around the room, noting that it was slightly less crowded now. He turned back to Matthew. "So, uh, is it always as exiting around here as yesterday?"
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

"Hm? what happened yesterday?" Matthew asked, his curiosity aroused, completely oblivious of the previous day's events.

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Sean was surprised that Matthew didn't know what had happened, though he himself was a bit fuzzy on the details. "Well, I'm not sure entirely what happened, but something about pets breaking into animal control and letting all the strays out, I think."
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

"Oh, well stuff like that doesn't really seem to happen very often," Matthew said, a bit surprised that Sean might think that. "Why, you weren't involved, were you?"

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Sean shook his head. "Nah, not me. I don't really care much what happens to any random strays. Though I suspect my brother was involved somehow.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn smiled lightly. The idea of doing something not out of necessity, but because he wanted to and at his own leisure was baffling and wonderful to him. "Uh... sure but you'll have to give me a few pointers." He motions for Dylan to lead since he wasn't entirely sure what to do himself.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

ArgentFlame wrote:Sean shook his head. "Nah, not me. I don't really care much what happens to any random strays. Though I suspect my brother was involved somehow.
Matthew frowned; it seemed awfully insensitive of him to say he did not care. Matthew could understand caring, but not acting, but not caring to begin with? Then again, some people have more important things to worry about than some random dog's problems. But were issues in his life really more important than those in the life of anyone else? He moved on, leaving the questions in his head unanswered; he'd always hated having to deal with questions of morality.

Did he say something about a brother? He did, in fact, look awfully similar to Cier. "Brother? Would that, by any chance, be Cier?" Matthew asked.

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Dylan wrote:Amelia smiled as she walked over to a table, she grabbed a plastic knife and began to divide the muffin as carefully as she could. Her paw reached out for a napkin and placed his share of the muffin on it. She gave a weak smile as she handed it to him.
Brian smiled as he munched on the muffin. "Just so you know, I appreciate your generosity," Brian said. "But don't make a habit of being too generous to me."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

dylan wrote:Dylan stared at Cier reaction, ...what? I'm just saying it is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
"hello there, nice pet, pet's you have there Cier." Dylan immediately squeaked out in anger. Hey lady! I'm no pet for nobody! he then started to mumble something unintelligible under his breath as she looked angerly at Sara.
Sara giggles at the mouse..
Better a pet of a pet, than a snax for a cat, no?
She then crosses the street, with Cier an the shoulder riding mice. following along with him, as Venison leads them to this thinking tree place, out in the woods behind pavelle an magnus's house.

Buckdida wrote:Venison paused for a moment."Well...let's see. The start." Venison's expression was that of a thinker. "I'll try and keep this shorter...I was adopted pretty young, along with my sister, Leaka, to my family. You see, I am a Coydog. Venison suddenly looked downcast. "I found out later that the other dogs, however, had no owners, so my parents went an-AARRGH!"
Venison suddenly started holding his head, with his eyes clenched and his lips pulled back in a snarl. A sharp pain, seemingly from nowhere, echoed though his skull.
He gritted his teeth. 'Too close. ****!' He let his face relax again, then shook out his head before trying to explain. "This is what I meant by 'try to explain."

Sara comes closer to Venison...
Not to sound like a trekie or anything, but is something keeping you from telling your story? you look like your in physical pain for trying to tell us this.
Buckdida wrote:Venison sighed. "Okay, continuing...For the most part, as a pup and early years, I lived in great comfort, everything provided that a pet would want, you know, like..." Venison paused. "Okay, you know what? I think it would just be faster to say my parents were loaded, and we lived in a mansion. I got everything, and spent a lot of time with Minka, my human 'sister,' as well as Leaka, and Joseph, my human 'brother.' But my parents were quite elusive, either working at...their work, or working at home in secured parts of the mansion that none of us could get into without a keycard and passcode. As I found, the reasons for their security was obvious...I'll try to touch on that later, but I can't promise anything..."

Venison sighed again. "I was a very smart puppy. Given all my resources, I could basically go about doing anything, even if a human wasn't supervising, as long as I stayed inside or in the backyard. So...I spent most of my time reading and learning on my own. I learned a lot about human values and their core subjects taught in school. I'd say my intelligence surpasses that of most pets, and equal at least to that of a high school graduate...more or less.
Sara nods her head.
Yes i have noticed that, we have had that talk before, of how you differ in thinking from the way Rav does. an if you would remember, i offered to get you access to even higher learning, if you so choose to do.
Buckdida wrote:After all, nobody is going to give a dog lessons on how to pick a lock or make a Molotov..."

Sara nods her head..
There are several good reasons as to why that would be a very bad idea to do.
Buckdida wrote:And then Felix suddenly bounded out of the tree, his hands up, ready to fight. Venison attempted to start up, but forgot about his leg and fell over in pain. Venison growled at Felix from the ground.

"Where have you been, you miserable little scavenger?!? Any idea what's happened to Pavelle?!? At all?!? Or what situation we're in?!?" Venison still had leftover anger to vent. "Weren't you supposed to be protecting your sister when I or Rav could not?!?" Venison tried to stand up again, but slipped, falling into a mud puddle facefirst, instantly defusing him.

"...yuck."
argentflame wrote:Cier stepped forward to help Venison up, watching Felix all the while.

Sara gasped in surprise..
Is THAT the raccoon, Pavelle was hiding out? that's not exotic pet like she is, that raccoon is a feral, i'd bet my bottom dollar on it!
Sara searches her pockets..
Dang, i left my blackberry phone at home. be careful, that coon might not be up to date on it's shots, or even rabid.

*** meanwhile back in the hospital.. ***
caelei wrote:In one wobbly move, she twisted sideways, propelling herself onto her feet and out of bed. She tried to take a step, saying, "I'll be bock," like the Terminator, before the sedatives caused her to stumble and trip over her own feet. She tripped forward and landed with a *oomph* on her stomach, giggling. She rolled onto her back, trying to get in good position to stand again, accidentally tangling herself in her IV line. There was a struggle for a moment, then Pavelle sighed, looking down at herself, and the IV cord wrapped around her midsection. Her expression grew puzzled and she looked at Balby and Rav. "Yu'll hafta excuze me, gentlemen. But I seem to have got myzelf stuck. Oh, bother." Then she frowned even more, and looked down at herself again. When she looked back up, she was giggling a little. "Why am I wearing a hozpital gown?" She kicked her feet, feebly trying to straighten herself out. Then she had an idea. She slowly spun again, wrapping herself up even more, and then frowned. That should've worked, shouldn't it? Ah, well. She winced as her movement tugged on the IV still attached to her arm.

Rav was distracted talking with Balbaroy, when Pavelle suddenly crawled up an out of bed, to land in the floor (splat!)
PAVELLE!!!
Rav Barks in panic.. as he climbs off the bed, onto the chair, and to the floor.. stretching out the leashing chain as he rounds the end of the bed. the Monitor going from beep beep beep to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! as the leads are pulled off..
Rav grabs Pavelle up in a hug.. as he finally gets to her..
Hold still! don't do that!! your going to hurt yourself!!Rav whines in deep concern.

The vet techs come rushing in.. the dimmed lights turning up to full brightness.
Ere' now whats all this fuss about? Wot's you all think your doing??

Rav exclaims..
Come help me, she is sleep walking.. or day dreaming or something.. she just said. i'll be back, and jumped out of bad, an has getting more an more entangled.

The vet techs come over.
right, we will handle it.
one remakes the bed, as the other two untangle Pavelle from the wires, and IV lines..
Now honey, your not quite ready to be going wandering the halls just yet..
They carefully place Pavelle back into the bed.. this time they take a bed sheet, an turn it sideways, laying it across her body. tying it's corners together, behind the bed. They then take a strip of gauze an wrap the center of the strip about Pavelle's elbows, then tie the ends to the bed rails. they then take another strip of gauze, an wrap pavelle's wrists, an then ties the end of the gauze to the bed rails. placing her in soft restraints. They check the IV line. an then reconnect the monitor leads.. eeeeeeeeeee > beep beep beep.

Um.. she did say that beeping was driving her crazy..

Awwww shoot' we can fix that, deary.
An she goes over an pushes a few buttons on the monitor, an the beeping stops.. an the screen reads "Silent mode."

Rav climbs back up into the recliner.
Are you alright? I was so worried!! where did you think that you were going to go too??
Rav asks.
As the vet techs tuck her back into bed, covering her with the fuzzy warm blanket..
Now you'll settle down in here, there been enough excitement for one day eh?
Hussleing Balbaroy over into the recliner chair with Rav.
Now you'll calm down an try to get some sleep..

the tech's dimming the lights back down low, as they leave..
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Sekhmet sighed as the conversation she was listening into was revealing nothing, except that you needed some sort of currency to get food in here. which was bad. very bad. She would need to steal or attempt to convince someone to get her food or give her money. all options brought lots of attention to her. the last thing she needed was a collapse. suddenly there was a scraping noise from the front of the cafe and her head shot around instinctively to look at what made the noise. a cat stumbled in with unusually long whiskers. holding a long leather case. he clutched it to his chest and said "Sorry." and quickly got in line for some food. Hmm, I wonder if he's new... well if not, I could figure out my food problem, and maybe what happens to Feral's around here.

-----

Isak was trying to slip under the door without much success when one of the dogs inside started yelling. he heard everything about the "Insane Asylum" and "Retraining" someone must've calmed him down though, because he couldn't hear anything any more. he stopped trying to slip under the door. and walked out into the yard thinking. "Allan! I think we might have just heard of someone in need of help" Allan's head popped up from the gutter "Oh? who?" he said as he fluttered down to the grass. "someone named Pavelle, before you ask I don't know where she is quite yet" Allan shook his head a little, Isak could be a bit idiotic sometimes. Isak quickly climbed onto Allan's back. "Allan, try and circle the Neighbourhood, if we can't find Pavelle, then maybe we can find one of her friends" he said. as Allan took off. "Uh-huh" Allan confirmed and started flying around the Neighbourhood. they saw one dog walking towards the house they just left. "Allan!, make a quick landing near that dog!" Allan obliged and landed near the dog ((OOC: it's Lucky, just saying)) "Dog!, would you happen to know someone named Pavelle?" he asked quickly standing on the little platform on Allans back he could more easily see the dog.

what what? Jolly good time.
Cthonion

Post by Cthonion »

When it was hit turn, he looked up to the lady behind the desk, to him she looked like she was a thousand feet tall, towering up above him, staring down at him from behind her rimmed glasses. She moved some hair from out of her eyes and smiled to the cat the just ran in, "Welcome to The Wall, how can I help you today?"

He gulped, he could feel his knees knocking as he tried to say something to her, "Um...er...I was given this." He showed her the crumpled ten dollar bill in his paw, "And told me to come get something." He dropped the crumpled bill on the counter, not really knowing what to do next, and felt really uncomfortable under her expectant gaze.

"And what would you like?" She still tried to smile, but the strange feline before her seemed to be a little off.

"Um...I don't really know what to get" He fidgeted, tail twitching behind him as he glanced around to the other pets, "er, the person said this was a coffee place. So, I guess I'll have that. And I'll have whatever that is, I guess." He pointed to the pets sharing the halves of muffin.

"Okay," She rang it up, taking the ten and giving him back four dollars and some change. "You can keep that" She winked to him, "And I'll fix you up for your coffee. Don't worry" She left and made him a special cappacino, with generous sweet cream poured into it with froth on top, she set it on the counter followed by the muffin. "There you go, have a nice day"

He nodded and tucked his case under his arm again, taking the muffin and the coffee with ears folded back and a wary look on his face as he watched the human. He turned and looked to the lobby, he decided to take a table nearby, one next to the sand furred feline that was watching the counter, he sat down and just looked at the food and drink he was given like it was something strange and foriegn. "Um...okay." He looked to the feline that was sitting next to him and tapped her on the shoulder. "I'm sorry for bothering you, but it's okay that I eat this right? I mean...this is human food, I didn't know pets could even get this."
"You should join the military :3 That way instead of bombing military bases you can log them"
caelei

Post by caelei »

"Where have you been, you miserable little scavenger?!? Any idea what's happened to Pavelle?!? At all?!? Or what situation we're in?!? Weren't you supposed to be protecting your sister when I or Rav could not?!?"
Felix looked at Venison, paws still raised to either defend or attack, and glared. His tone of voice was poisonous. "Don't you dare point your d***ed finger at me, Coydog. You're to blame, just as I am. I leave for ten minutes to take care of an issue, assuming that if trouble arises both you and the Shep combined would at least be able to do a little good. But I guess I was wrong. That's what I get for trusting stupid pets. You guys can't even protect what's right under your freakin' noses!" He gestured at Venison, covered in mud. "So inept." A sharkish grin lit up his face, then he dropped it, leaving him looking scornful. It was a mask for the concern he was really feeling for his sister, but he was fairly confident that nobody would see through and get a look at his weakness. When he spoke, he had gotten his voice back under control, making it more neutral. "Now. Please tell me where my sister is, and what's wrong with her."
Is THAT the raccoon, Pavelle was hiding out? that's not exotic pet like she is, that raccoon is a feral, i'd bet my bottom dollar on it!
Dang, i left my blackberry phone at home. be careful, that coon might not be up to date on it's shots, or even rabid.
Felix looked at the human, narrowing his eyes in distaste. He sounded annoyed as he said, "First of all, lady, I am not some idiot feral. I don't go out of my way to hurt people/other animals, or to rob them or otherwise be too openly malicious. I survive, simple as that. I don't need bands of crazed lackies to back me up. So don't be so discriminate. All I want is to get Edie and go. She'll be safer, obviously," he sneered, glaring at Venison, "if she comes with me back home. So leave off it." He paused for a moment. "Secondly, I am not rabid, even if I haven't let humans' poke and prod me with various needles and spoil my insides with needless medications. If I was rabid, I wouldn't be talking to you. I'd be gnawing on your face instead. So stop making wild accusations."

Meanwhile...
PAVELLE!!!
Hold still! don't do that!! your going to hurt yourself!!!

Are you alright? I was so worried!! where did you think that you were going to go too??
Pavelle scowled like a scolded three year old as the vets put her back up in bed. She waited until they left the room to start pulling at her new bonds, but she couldn't get free. She settled down with an angry huff, fur bristling. "I'm A-okay, captian," she said, answering Rav's question. Her voice sounded severly annoyed. "But I dun't wanna stay here! I gotta get Ven so I can get the shiiiiiiiny. I promize I'll be right bock." She started struggling again, but her arms were tied tightly enough that she couldn't get out. "Pleeaaaze! Let -- Me -- Go!" she demanded grumpily, accenting each word with a stiff tug on her restrained arms. She looked at Rav pleadingly, then switched her gaze over to Balbaroy, then looked back at the German Shepard once again. She sat for a moment, looking back and forth between them, then suddenly slumped back on her pillows again, grumbling weakly, and felt her lower lip tremble a little.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Just one more short lived visit to another pet-friendly neighborhood.” Blood thought as he munched on the lamb flavored kibble he had been given. “Not like I really liked this place much anyways. These pets and their unusual mind games. Although, meeting Marshall was pretty interesting. It’s not very often I get to meet on duty, special ops, service dogs. Too bad I probably will never see him again. Or any of those unusual pets.” The coydog shrugged as he continued eating.

Once Dustin had his bike loaded on the truck, he hitched the trailer back up and went inside. There was little communication between the coydog and his human friend as they finished eating. The trucks’s engine revved as it was ignited and they drove off.

Richardson Valley was slightly larger than Radiant Gardens. They drove by a small coffee shop as they searched for a place to park, looping around the neighborhood without any luck. Blood leaned out the window to get a better look at what they passed by. He noticed that there was a number of animal control vans parked throughout the community. Annoyed by how closely the pets here were being monitored, he muttered. “Pet-friendly my-” Dustin interrupted. “Here we go!” They stopped in front of what looked like an old, unmaintained driveway with an abandoned building at the end. “I don’t see anyone here so we should be okay to park.” Dustin said as he backed the truck halfway down the driveway and parked behind a few dead trees to keep the trailer out of sight from the road.
Last edited by D-Singer on Tue May 24, 2011 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser