HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

caelei

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by caelei »

"Well, if you think this 'Christopher' is trustworthy..." she said doubtfully, nervously checking the windows again for any sign of any unknown person/animal, and especially for animal control vans parked at curbs. She didn't see anything out of the normal on the streets, but as she turned her eyes to the backyard, she thought she saw the tiniest bit of movement by the back of the barn. She squinted at the movement, but it was gone. Must've been the wind... she thought slowly, turning around and back to Sara. "So will Rav be home soon?" she asked. As she talked, her stomach rumbled, and she put her hands on it, expression pained. She had been interrupted yesterday during breakfast, and hadn't really eaten anything all day afterwards. She wondered silently if it felt like this to be a stray, and shook her head. She might have to ask someone sometime... A sudden thought struck her, and she turned her attention back to Sara, eyes quizzical. "After this whole thing with animal control, do you think that there will be new leash laws established in the area? Because if there are, you don't think Rav would relapse or anything, would he? Like, you don't think something like that would trigger him to go back to his old ways or anything, right?" She thought about Magnus joining some gang and fighting with people and getting in all kinds of trouble. She didn't like the idea.

Meanwhile...
Magnus looked around the barn, talking to no one in particular. "Barns're so...so... COOL!" he shouted, thundering up from his sitting position and down the ladder. He ran around the main floor in a circle, waving his arms in excitement. "Cool!" he said again, looking at tools mounted on the wall and in some of the stalls. His tail wagged back and forth so fast it was a blur. (He luckily missed the one with Venison in it).
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex laughed at the scene that played in front of him. Poor Sal', making such an impression. Or rather, poor O'Connor. However, he just continued talking to Pepper, like nothing happened.
So do you guys plan on staying, or is this just a vacation? Where are you originally from?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Alex wrote:Alex laughed at the scene that played in front of him. Poor Sal', making such an impression. Or rather, poor O'Connor. However, he just continued talking to Pepper, like nothing happened.
So do you guys plan on staying, or is this just a vacation? Where are you originally from?
"Oh we're staying. We're originally from some backwater town in England", he explained, "to tell you the truth... it wasn't that much fun there."
Pepper smiled as he continued, "Oh, but tell me about here! We only moved in yesterday, so we don't know so much. Anything we should know?" he grinned. He thought to himself in a neighbourhood like this, nothing could possibly go wrong.

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Sekhmet got up from the warm chair, she had been laying there for the past hour now just thinking and enjoying the warmth. she grabbed the collar from the floor, where she had taken it off last night and put it on as she carefully walked down stairs. things should be much simpler today, thanks to this collar she thought tugging at it, still felt itchy. as she stepped outside and stretched a little she realised that she was extremely hungry. "ahhh, ****..." she mummbled and started towards the park, there might be some local pets that know a good place to catch food is. as she stepped onto the bridge the area was desolate, population wise. not a pet was in sight.

(OOC: use your imagination with that blanked out word, also, I'll make a post for the other characters later.)

what what? Jolly good time.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier went to the bag he had brought over the night before and took out the package of crackers. He pulled out a cracker and walked back over to Dylan, giving it to him. "Del, do you want one?" he asked, turning his head to look at the other mouse, who was looking intently out the window, as though watching something. She looked at Cier when he spoke to her. "There's someone out there coming towards the barn. I can't tell who it is because they're wearing a coat, but it looks like they came from the woods." Cier frowned, with all the animals having escaped last night, there was no telling whether whoever this was was dangerous or not. "I'm going to go down and see who it is." Cier climbed down the first floor and headed for the door.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Dylan wrote:Amelia looks at the newspaper disgusted. Dangerous? ha! They are just saying that to sell more papers! I doubt anyone could actually break out of there! I mean...They would have to be a clever group! Amelia looks out into the street and smiles, I doubt there is actually anything dangerous around here. Looking back at Brian she tries to reassure him, I think it would be fine to go out during the day time if they are. Amelia then turns around before she realized something. Oh, are they coming to pick you up? because I was just heading towards a quick visit to the wall...Kinda skipped out on breakfast this morning... she said with a half smile.
"Oh no," Brian said, "I was going to head over to The Wall myself. Actually, now that I think of it, I don't know where The Wall is, so someone would have to take me there, anyway!" Brian thought to himself for a second. Should I really go? Maybe if Amelia and I use the buddy system, we'll be safer than if we travel alone. In fact, I think I want to spend more time with Amelia. But what if I get hurt or killed by a dangerous animal? Then I'll never be able to solve Sudoku again! Brian sighed. "I'm sorry, Amelia, but I honestly don't know whether I want to risk going out there or not."
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia shrugged at Brian, Fair enough, you don't need to come, I can go by myself. Amelia turned and started walking down the street to the wall. See you at 9:30!

Pyxis smiled oh, I still wonder how you did it...I don't think I could have done the same thing... Pyxis scooped another bite in his mouth. Good thing my sister came right?
Make Pasta not war.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Brian waved at Amelia and blushed. As she walked out of the house, he realized that he missed her company -- or any company. "Wait up! On second thought, I'm going to come with you!" Brian gave Mrs. Dewitt a big hug, and then ran after Amelia. When he caught up, he said, "Come on. Show me around the neighborhood. I need the change of scenery!" He didn't know what had come over him, but suddenly, he was no longer comfortable staying indoors alone, even if there was danger (if the newspaper was to be believed).
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

As Sekhmet paused to think about where she should go next when a dark cat walked out of a house and down the road saying something. "wonderful!" she said to herself, maybe her luck was starting to turn. before she could signal the cat, or even get close to her a dog ran out of the house. "Wait up! On second thought, I'm going to come with you!" the dog shouted after the cat quickly catching up. she waved at the two hoping to get their attention "Hoi there!" she called walking a bit faster.

Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Dylan wrote:oh, I still wonder how you did it...I don't think I could have done the same thing...Good thing my sister came right?"

"Yeah, I have no idea what we could've done next. I wouldn't even have been able to get out." He sits back and stares at the ceiling for a moment in thought. "So what do we do today? What is there to do?"
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Kaido wrote:"Oh we're staying. We're originally from some backwater town in England", he explained, "to tell you the truth... it wasn't that much fun there."
Pepper smiled as he continued, "Oh, but tell me about here! We only moved in yesterday, so we don't know so much. Anything we should know?" he grinned. He thought to himself in a neighbourhood like this, nothing could possibly go wrong.
"Wow, you're from England? That's so cool!" Tory exclaimed. Suddenly, though, he paused. "Um, where's England?"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:"Well, if you think this 'Christopher' is trustworthy..." she said doubtfully.
Sara giggles softly..
Ofcourse i do. but i can see why a pet wouldn't think so. they are those evil people who make pets behave, an obey their owners. but really there so much more, they can council pets on how to handle problems, emotional issues, breeding issues, conflicts between pets..
caelei wrote:nervously checking the windows again for any sign of any unknown person/animal, and especially for animal control vans parked at curbs. she thought slowly, turning around and back to Sara. "So will Rav be home soon?" she asked. As she talked, her stomach rumbled, and she put her hands on it, expression pained.
Sara watches the nervous raccoon pace from window to window..
Are you worried that they are going to be coming for you now as well?
I think your going to be safe for a while yet. there was a animal control van that stopped by your house earlier morning, but they just talked with your parents an left.
I don't know when Rav might get back home, that all depends on how the interview goes. an then he has to retake a few tests, seems they lost the records on him having passed them before.

caelei wrote: She had been interrupted yesterday during breakfast, and hadn't really eaten anything all day afterwards. She wondered silently if it felt like this to be a stray, and shook her head. She might have to ask someone sometime... A sudden thought struck her, and she turned her attention back to Sara, eyes quizzical. "After this whole thing with animal control, do you think that there will be new leash laws established in the area? Because if there are, you don't think Rav would relapse or anything, would he? Like, you don't think something like that would trigger him to go back to his old ways or anything, right?"

Sara starts gathering up the food Rav had been reading for the pets in the barn.
That would depend on what this whole thing with animal control is about, an what really happened there. An if the pets that live here were actually involved in it...
Sara trails off. implying that she knows, or suspects more than she is letting on, making eye contact with the she coon.
I believe new leash laws would be the least of the pets newest concerns....
Sara trails off again, almost daring the raccoon to spill the beans an what she knows.
than adds..
Rav has already said, a cat did try to get the pets to go to the center last night. but he got the neighborhood pets to stay for a sleepover in the barn with him, instead of going, So all the neighborhood pets should be in the clear, right?
Sara gathers up the food, well lets get out to the barn, i'm sure all the other pets out there are as hungry as you sound.

Meanwhile...

Back in animal control, Christopher an Rav arrive.
They go over into the vet clinic.
We are going to give you an injection to help you relax Rav, I'm sure every thing that has been happening, has you pretty stressed about now.. An to put your mind at rest.
Christopher holds out his arm, the vet tech fills the needle, swabs his arm, an injects the trainer with the chemical in the bottle.
See, it's not poisoned, it's going to be safe for you.
Rav looks up at Christopher amazed.
You needed have done that, i would have submitted, sir.
Rav states, holding out his arm to the vet tech as his trainer had done.
I just want you to be at ease. your not in trouble or anything. we just need to find out what really happened, an how you handled the problems that you were presented with.
The vet tech fills a new needle, swabs Rav's out stretched arm, an presses the needle in under his pelt, filling his arm with the fluid within..
Rav felt a a flushing warm feeling almost at once..HmMMMmmmm
See? not so bad at all. Come Rav lets go to the interview room.
Christopher leads Rav to the interview room, on the first floor, where hopeful adoptees meet with there new parents for the first time..
By the time they got there, Rav was feeling warm, numb, an floating relaxed..
Christopher sat down on the floor in a corner of the room, snugging Rav up into his lap..
How are you feeling now Rav?
I'm feeling alll warrrrm an fuzzy!.. sirrrr.
Now that's good, now we are going to just ask you a few questions.
Rav nods his head ok, having not noticed that two others had entered the room in his hazy state.
He didn't know if he was answering there questions or not.. Rav wasn't even sure he was awake or not anymore.. it all seemed like a dream now that went on an on..

Rav woke up in a kennel, wrapped up in a warm blanket. he blinked his eyes, trying to wipe away the blurriness.. as his eyes focused, he could tell he was up in a 2nd floor cage.

After a short while, Christopher came by to check-up upon him.
Rav Whimpers up at him..
Am i in trouble now?
What? no no not at all, you did wonderful. I'm so proud of you, You did every thing you could to protect yourself, an all the other pets from coming to harm.
Umm I did?
Rav scratches up along the side of his head.
I... I can't seem to remember what happened an what we talked about.
Don't let that worry you. All you need to know is you did very well.
Then Christopher wiggles his finger at Rav.
About the only thing you could have done better was to have alerted your Mom, or perhaps a police officer that this was going to happen. even if you did think you had prevented it from happening.
But that would have gotten the pets in trouble, an confined in here.
Maybe, maybe not, but it would have been better for everyone if you did.
Whiiinnee
Don't let it bother you, it's not your fault. it's becoming pretty clear that someone in the shadows was manipulating the local pets to go to the shelter. It's looking like it was an inside job, someone or someone's working here. there is just no way pets could have caused all the damage that was done here.
Humans attacking animal control? Peta??
I wish it was that easy, but i don't think Peta would do this.. This has to be a disgruntled employee, or perhaps someone trying to cover some kind illegal activity up. An it seems they were going to use the pets as scape goats.
Well is'n that just great.. I'm told i have to trust an obey, an this is the reward i get.
Now Rav, that is not going to help anything. you are doing so well, don't start backsliding now. We will find, an punish the person's responsible for abusing the pets, an your trust in people.
So when can i go back home?
how about in the morning sound? we have some paperwork to go over, making sure we got the T's crossed an the I's dotted. An get some new metals for your collar.
New metals?
You'll find out in the morning, sleep well.. an try to stay positive that all will work out for the best.
Ok i'll try sir.
That's my pup. Oh. I'll have to go make sure you get fed dinner, you must be starving.
that would be great!..
Then Rav though. dinner?? how much time am i missing?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' didn't understand why O'Connor had turned red all of a sudden. She followed him when he went for drinks and stood behind him, thinking that he was unwell or something. "Is there something wrong? You okay?" Questioning him she put her paw onto his shoulder to attract his attention further. With a tilt of her head she raised a brow and gave him a confused expression. Too stupid to understand his attempted to escape the situation, she wished to inquire further. "Did I hurt you?" This is the last thing she wanted, the first thing was a T-Bone steak, not that it effected the current situation though.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Teh Brawler wrote: "Wow, you're from England? That's so cool!" Tory exclaimed. Suddenly, though, he paused. "Um, where's England?"
Pepper laughed slightly, "Oh, it's a country in the United Kingdom. What about you and O'Connor? Did you move from somewhere or have you lived here your whole life?"

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Laxan wrote:Sal' didn't understand why O'Connor had turned red all of a sudden. She followed him when he went for drinks and stood behind him, thinking that he was unwell or something. "Is there something wrong? You okay?" Questioning him she put her paw onto his shoulder to attract his attention further. With a tilt of her head she raised a brow and gave him a confused expression. Too stupid to understand his attempted to escape the situation, she wished to inquire further. "Did I hurt you?" This is the last thing she wanted, the first thing was a T-Bone steak, not that it effected the current situation though.
O'Connor felt Sal's paw on his shoulder and jumped a mile in the air. He turned around and found her looking at him with a concerned look on her face. Instantly, he went beet-red again. Ach, Lordeh, whuy does shei 'ave teh be such a pretteh lass? he thought to himself, exasperated. "Ah'm fuine, Ah'm fuine. Ye din't hert meh in the sluightest. Ye jest startled meh is ahll." He turned back to the counter, still blushing, and ordered his coffee. Jerry laughed slightly, enjoying the scene that was playing out.
Kaido wrote:Pepper laughed slightly, "Oh, it's a country in the United Kingdom. What about you and O'Connor? Did you move from somewhere or have you lived here your whole life?"
"Huh? United Kingdom?" Tory wasn't familiar with human demarcations, so all of these names confused him. "Uh, never mind. I'm from a forest, but O'Connor says he's from Scotland. Don't know where that is, either."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Teh Brawler wrote: "Huh? United Kingdom?" Tory wasn't familiar with human demarcations, so all of these names confused him. "Uh, never mind. I'm from a forest, but O'Connor says he's from Scotland. Don't know where that is, either."
"Oh, Scotland's part of the United Kingdom, too." Pepper stopped. He didn't want to say any more on the subject, in sake of possibly confusing Tory. He put his elbows onto the table and placed his head in his paws. He was pondering whether or not to buy something to eat, or wait until he got home.

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' smiled. "Thank god." Chuckling a little she shrugged her shoulders. "Why do you keep going red then?" Prying further she merely believed it was a normal conversation. Aw, his way of speaking is adorable, she commented in her mind.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Laxan wrote:Sal' smiled. "Thank god." Chuckling a little she shrugged her shoulders. "Why do you keep going red then?" Prying further she merely believed it was a normal conversation. Aw, his way of speaking is adorable, she commented in her mind.
O'Connor blanched. "Er, uh, whuy, ye say? Ah, um, Ah don', uh....." He struggled to find the right words.
Jerry couldn't stand it any longer. He popped his out from behind the counter with a huge smile on his face and interjected, "I think it's 'cause he likes you."
Instantly O'Connor turned red yet again and whirled on Jerry. Oi! Don' jump inteh othere's pruivate business!"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' stumbled back slightly, it was more of a surprise than anything else. Her cheeks began to bloom red as she thought about it a moment; he was kind of cute and his accent was adorable. Lifting her hand she placed it on his shoulder again. "Do you want to go for a walk? And lose the-" Sal' glanced over her shoulder at Tory, Pepper and Alex talking. "Crowd?"
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Laxan wrote:Sal' stumbled back slightly, it was more of a surprise than anything else. Her cheeks began to bloom red as she thought about it a moment; he was kind of cute and his accent was adorable. Lifting her hand she placed it on his shoulder again. "Do you want to go for a walk? And lose the-" Sal' glanced over her shoulder at Tory, Pepper and Alex talking. "Crowd?"
O'Connor couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was Sal actually inviting him out? Just the two of them? But he was so old and she.......
"Uh, a-aye. That'd bei gud." He grabbed his coffee, and began to head to the door.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Teh Brawler wrote: O'Connor couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was Sal actually inviting him out? Just the two of them? But he was so old and she.......
"Uh, a-aye. That'd bei gud." He grabbed his coffee, and began to head to the door.
Pepper looked over to see O'Connor and Sal leaving. He cocked his head to one side, slightly confused. He whispered so that only Alex and Tory could hear, "Where do you think they're off to?"

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Teh Brawler wrote:"Uh, a-aye. That'd bei gud." He grabbed his coffee, and began to head to the door.
Sal' smiled shyly and followed O'Connor out the door. She kept looking over her shoulder, expecting, but not wanting, Tory to follow them. "So, O'Connor. Tell me a little about yourself. Where you live?"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Pepper wrote:Where do you think they're off to?
Alex, who was looking at his coffee, trapped in thoughts about something completely else, looked up, just to see Sal leaving with O'Connor.
I can't believe it... How old is your sister?
His face turned into a disgusted expression, but then again, perhaps Sal just asked O'Connor to show her the town. This doesn't have to be what it looks like. He calmed, and his face changed back.
I don't know, perhaps for a walk around the town? No need to get worried... but if it is what it looks like, then you've got to talk to Sal'. That dog is older than twice of her age.
Alex took another sip of his coffee, and looked at the two leaving.
Richarson Valley

caelei

Post by caelei »

Ofcourse i do. but i can see why a pet wouldn't think so. they are those evil people who make pets behave, an obey their owners. but really there so much more, they can council pets on how to handle problems, emotional issues, breeding issues, conflicts between pets..
Pavelle heaved a sigh, eyeing the food Sara was getting ready with a hungry gleam in her eye. Her stomach growled even louder, ravenous, and she made a face, but chose to ignore her want for food for now. "Like I said, if you say the trainor is trustworthy..." she said, voice trailing off for a moment before picking back up. "And I don't think people are evil," she said defensively. She paused a second, seeming to consider what she had just said, and amended her statement. "Well, not all people." Then, realizing what she had said, looked over at Sara somewhat guiltily. "No offense intended; you're nice and everything. Not evil at all, helping out Rav like you have."
I think your going to be safe for a while yet. there was a animal control van that stopped by your house earlier morning, but they just talked with your parents an left.
Pavelle felt the blood drain from her face, and a horrified expression twisted her features. She struggled to tone her obvious reaction down to a more subtle one, but her feelings were still easily read in her eyes and in the way she practically quivered with sudden tension. She hoped her voice sounded casual as she asked, "Parents?" The word came out softer than intended, nearly a whisper. She cleared her throat, and turned away from Sara, trying to hide the ridiculous fear and discomfort the human's simple sentence had caused. "You didn't happen to notice Dad picking up the paper, did you?" she asked quietly, looking down at her feet, her fingers clenching and unclenching nervously. She glanced out the window again, stomach turning, missing a lot of the conversation in her agitation. Sara ended with saying something about food, and Pavelle responded weakly. "Funny, heh. I suddenly lost my appetite. Heh, heh." She looked a little sick. If her dad had any inkling what-so-ever that she had done anything to get into trouble with animal control, she would really, really, really get in trouble at home. Like, she couldn't really imagine how much trouble. If she had thought yesterday morning was bad with the yelling... this would be way worse. Memories popped into her head, and if possible, she went even more pale. Her knees wobbled, feeling like they wouldn't be able to support her anymore. She nearly fainted, ears ringing, but managed to stay conscious. Hopefully Sara wouldn't think she was sick and send her home... she almost fainted again at that thought, and fought to straighten up into a more normal standing position. She had to have control! Everytime she even thought about her dad getting angry, she freaked out! She silently yelled at herself to toughen up, all the while looking like she might pass out onto the floor at any moment.

Meanwhile...
Magnus was busy sniffing at a stall when Cier said something about looking outside. "Oooh! I wanna see!" he said excitedly, scampering after the smaller dog. It seemed to dawn on him that he should maybe be quiet, so he held one finger up to his lips. "Shhhh..." he said, mostly to himself, grinning like a wild-dog. He was in a really good, goofy mood this morning, and he didn't know why. Probably because of the sleepover with Rav and the others. He looked around then, but the German Shepard was nowhere to be seen. He felt one ear stick straight up, giving him a confused-looking expression, and he tilted his head. "Where's Rav?" he whispered at Cier, still smiling and trying to be as quiet as possible.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:
Pavelle felt the blood drain from her face, and a horrified expression twisted her features. She struggled to tone her obvious reaction down to a more subtle one, but her feelings were still easily read in her eyes and in the way she practically quivered with sudden tension. She hoped her voice sounded casual as she asked, "Parents?" The word came out softer than intended, nearly a whisper. She cleared her throat, and turned away from Sara, trying to hide the ridiculous fear and discomfort the human's simple sentence had caused. "You didn't happen to notice Dad picking up the paper, did you?"
No i'm afraid that i didn't, i was too busy with finding out what had happened last night from Christopher, i just saw them talked when he arrived.
caelei wrote:she asked quietly, looking down at her feet, her fingers clenching and unclenching nervously. She glanced out the window again, stomach turning, missing a lot of the conversation in her agitation. Sara ended with saying something about food, and Pavelle responded weakly. "Funny, heh. I suddenly lost my appetite. Heh, heh." She looked a little sick. If her dad had any inkling what-so-ever that she had done anything to get into trouble with animal control, she would really, really, really get in trouble at home. Like, she couldn't really imagine how much trouble. all the while looking like she might pass out onto the floor at any moment.

Sara noticed an watched the raccoon's change in manorism's. She was suddenly agitated, twitching, an looking so fearful that even a human like Sara could smell it on her scent.
Than her speech pattern changed, slow an slurred as she wobbled on her feet.
Are you doing allright? you not looking well at all honey..
Sara comes up an scoops up the coon in her arms.. Carrying her down the hall an into Rav's room.. laying her down into the kennel's cushions, with smell richly of Rav's an Venison's musks. Sara gently pulls the blanket over her..
I think you need to lay down here for a while, an calm down before you have a stroke, or pass out compleatly.
I'll be back to sit with you after i have fed the pets out in the barn..

Sara goes back into the kitchen, an gathers up the food stuffs, an starts out the door heading to the barn..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
caelei

Post by caelei »

I think you need to lay down here for a while, an calm down before you have a stroke, or pass out compleatly.
I'll be back to sit with you after i have fed the pets out in the barn..
Pavelle almost resisted Sara as the human lifted her up, but she was suddenly so dizzy that she couldn't hardly think straight. Sara carried her off, laying her in some room that seemed vaguely familiar, but Pavelle hardly noticed. She nearly blacked out again, and after Sara left she started shaking so hard that her teeth chattered. She curled up into a tight ball, ducking her head under the blanket so that her entire body was covered, and just laid there. The logical part of her brain knew she was having an overreaction. That there was nothing to fear. Her Dad had never abused her physically (maybe emotionally, with all the yelling) and she knew that she was smart enough to think herself out of almost any situation. But at the same time, the primal side of her brain was reacting with full power, and it wasn't telling her to take the fight to her dad. It didn't want her to fight at all. More like stay away from home and postpone punishment for as long as possible. She wondered if she would be able to force herself to go home at the end of the day. Maybe she could hide out at Rav's for the rest of her life. Or maybe live in that abandoned house... No. She had to be strong. She was being completely irrational and she hated it. She hadn't even done anything wrong, really. Nevertheless, her stomach flip-flopped again, and she huddled more tightly under the blanket, feeling small and powerless and childish.
Last edited by caelei on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Alex wrote: Alex, who was looking at his coffee, trapped in thoughts about something completely else, looked up, just to see Sal leaving with O'Connor.
I can't believe it... How old is your sister?
His face turned into a disgusted expression, but then again, perhaps Sal just asked O'Connor to show her the town. This doesn't have to be what it looks like. He calmed, and his face changed back.
I don't know, perhaps for a walk around the town? No need to get worried... but if it is what it looks like, then you've got to talk to Sal'. That dog is older than twice of her age.
Alex took another sip of his coffee, and looked at the two leaving.
Pepper stretched, "Don't worry, she's older than she looks. I can't exactly remember how old though... I think she's around 35 in dog years."
He rubbed the back of his head, "but I don't think anything'll happen. Sal's too dumb to think the way O'Connor thinks. At least for now." he laughed slightly and sat back in his chair.
"What about you? You have a special someone?".

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

mathgrant wrote:Brian waved at Amelia and blushed. As she walked out of the house, he realized that he missed her company -- or any company. "Wait up! On second thought, I'm going to come with you!" Brian gave Mrs. Dewitt a big hug, and then ran after Amelia. When he caught up, he said, "Come on. Show me around the neighborhood. I need the change of scenery!" He didn't know what had come over him, but suddenly, he was no longer comfortable staying indoors alone, even if there was danger (if the newspaper was to be believed).
Amelia smiled as she walked next to Brian and the new cat as they headed to the park, that seemed like a good place to start. First stop is the park, pets like to meet here a lot, relaxing and quiet most of the time...most. Amelia sat on a bench that Alex and her slept on the next he was kicked out, almost on the exact spot. She felt a little unconformable sitting where she was and moved over a bit, leaving room for Brian.
What do you think?

Pyxis shrugged we can just go fishing again, this time we can... Pyxis slapped his head, I forgot! Dad got you a collar last night before he got home! Pyxis ran over to the couch where a bag laying next to it, picking up and running over to the kitchen. He has a lot of tags in here...you can choose what you like. spreading it out on the table.
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn stood up and runs his paw through them sorting them out. Raising a brow he picks one up, shaped like a handheld mirror. Experimentally he holds it between two fingers before trying to give it a partial bend trying to fathom the idea of what's going on. Almost immediately it snaps and breaks.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier stopped next to the door, looking back over at Magnus. "Rav may have gone to the house." He turned back to the door and pulled it open to see an unfamiliar dog wearing a coat. "Hello."
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Laxan wrote:Sal' smiled shyly and followed O'Connor out the door. She kept looking over her shoulder, expecting, but not wanting, Tory to follow them. "So, O'Connor. Tell me a little about yourself. Where you live?"
"Ah, ahctulleh, Ah live in thi' neighbehrhud, overe there." He pointed in the general direction of his house. "Ahnd ye?"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex' eyes widened once he heard Sal's age. She was much older than she looks like, or acts like. But then again, O'Connor was still at least 15 years old. Was that such a big difference? It's a little more than 2 human years ((Since neither Kaido nor Teh Brawler used HP years for their characters, I'm using 1 human year = 7 dog years)). That's not a lot for humans, but what about dogs? Whatever. Their age doesn't matter much now. Alex calmed, and took another sip of his coffee, finishing it.
Pepper wrote:What about you? You have a special someone?
Alex was startled by such a question. He was never asked something like this before.
Oh... yes.. yes, I do. I've met her fairly quickly after we moved, here, in The Wall. I can't really explain to me how it happened, though... but I know I love her.
He blushed a little, but didn't try to hide it. So... what about you?
Richarson Valley

Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Alex wrote: Alex was startled by such a question. He was never asked something like this before.
Oh... yes.. yes, I do. I've met her fairly quickly after we moved, here, in The Wall. I can't really explain to me how it happened, though... but I know I love her.
He blushed a little, but didn't try to hide it. So... what about you?
Pepper smiled and rubbed his chin, "Nah. There was somebody back in England, but it just didn't feel right... so that didn't last too long."
He had forgotten all about his hunger by now and was fiddling with his bow tie. He was looking for a topic of conversation.
"So I only came here yesterday night, this already looks like a real nice place to live."

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' smiled, she usually zoned out when people talked to her, but O'Connor's accent kept her interested in the conversation. "Around the corner. Just past, the old abandoned house." She remembered where it was from when she went with Alex. "So, tell me a little about yourself."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Meanwhile back on the farm..

Sara has arrived in the barn with the hot breakfast tray for the pets still within..
Scrambled eggs, BACON!!!, sausages, toast, bagels, with cream an cheddar cheese. an a bunch of red grapes an apple slices.
She sets it on the bench next to the water pump..
There you all go, Breakfast is ready..
Sara sets out some paper plates an plastic sporks,

You all be careful when you all leave the barn today to go home, there has been some kinda of trouble at the animal control building, an there going to be out on patrolling in full force for the next few days...
Oh Magnus, when you done eating could you come over to the house? anytime your ready would be fine..

Meanwhile back in Da'house..
caelei wrote:She nearly blacked out again, and after Sara left she started shaking so hard that her teeth chattered. She curled up into a tight ball, ducking her head under the blanket so that her entire body was covered, and just laid there. The logical part of her brain knew she was having an overreaction. That there was nothing to fear but the primal side of her brain was reacting with full power, She was being completely irrational and she hated it. She hadn't even done anything wrong, really. Nevertheless, her stomach flip-flopped again, and she huddled more tightly under the blanket, feeling small and powerless and childish.

Sara returned to the house, an brought some of the food into Rav's room, to try to feed the suffering raccoon.. But the only reactions she could get was chittering sounds of her teeth under the shaking blankets, an warning "Hisses" when she tried to pull the blankets back..

Sara called Christopher, an explained what was happening with the raccoon. Christopher suspected she was having a mental shutdown, that she needed to be kept as calm, comforted an quiet as possiable. But since he was in the debriefing session at the time with a heavily medicated Rav, he couldn't leave right then to treat this new pet, but he would send the pet medic squad to pick her up an take her to the pet hospital, where she could get treatment..

Sara then called Pavelle's parents, to explain what has happened, an to get permission to treat her.. Pavelle can her her father's voice in the next room talking with Sara..
caelei

Post by caelei »

"Rav may have gone to the house." He turned back to the door and pulled it open to see an unfamiliar dog wearing a coat. "Hello."
Magnus wagged his tail, and was about to follow Cier outside to investigate the new pet when the smell of food hit him and he abruptly spun. Sara had entered the barn, bringing a variety of tasty foods. Magnus bounded over, nearly jumping in excitement. He hadn't really realized it but he was really, really hungry. He hadn't eaten much yesterday. He grabbed a bowl and put small portions of bacon, scrambled eggs, and a bagel in it, retreating to give others access to the food. He had already wolfed down most of what he had taken by the time Sara said:
Oh Magnus, when you done eating could you come over to the house? anytime your ready would be fine..
He looked at her with his held titled to one side, mouth full, wondering what she wanted him for... but nodded his head, and simply beamed at the human until she left, trying to silently thank her for breakfast without actually opening his mouth and slobbering food all over the place. He practically inhaled the remainder of his eggs and bacon, and gobbled down the rest of his bagel in two large bites. He made sure to swallow everything he had shoved in his mouth before leaving the barn, bits of food stuck to his muzzle after eating so quickly. He walked up to the back door of the Ligerr house, opening it and going quietly inside. Before he tried to find Sara, he padded to the kitchen and placed the bowl he had used gently in the sink. Then he turned and walked through the house, orienting on the sounds of voices he could hear nearby. He grew steadily uneasier as he walked, picking up on negative 'vibes', and by the time he reached the room with Sara and his father in it, his ears had gone back and his tail had stopped its joyful wagging... he hovered nervously in the doorway, listening to something that his dad was saying in low tones...

"...I had no idea I even had a second raccoon in my house," Mr. Nelson said slowly, eyes glittering with concealed rage that a person wouldn't be able to see unless they knew him and recognized it. "Whoever it is, though, whether it is some sort of feral or what, must be the cause of this trouble. I've heard people talk recently about things going missing from their homes, and I had always thought it had been that one doing it," he said coldly, jerking one thumb in the direction of Rav's room and its occupant, "but I had never thought that she would be so stupid and dangerous as to think that breaking into animal control was alright." At the end, a little bit of anger colored the words, making the tone and infliction of his sentence something more uncontrolled, but he recovered himself and calmed down once again. He never showed a lot of the anger to people outside his family. He had a history of drinking, and charges because of it from different towns where their family had lived, and he tried his best to prove to the residents of Richardson Valley that he was under control and not in the least hot-tempered... even if it was a facade. He cracked his knuckles, and continued. "Now. I thought it would be best to get rid of the problem quickly and quietly, relocate both of the little animals or turn 'em in..." he said, pausing, "but my wife thinks that the female 'coon isn't guilty. She always loved it..." he couldn't hide the distaste that filtered through his words, and hoped Sara wouldn't detect it. "So that one's staying, at least for now. The other one, the one I didn't know about, is going to have to go, some way or another. I'm not going to take responsibility for something that has been sneaking around my back in my own house, and getting into trouble outside of it. Let your trainer guy decide what happens to it." His jaw clenched when he noticed Magnus standing in the doorway, and the Dane's stomach quivered uncomfortably in mute fear. "Come here, Magnus," his father said quietly, and the Dane slid across the room uncertainly, gaze never wavering from his dad's. "I said," Mr. Nelson said, the words something detached, "come here. Now." Magnus came a bit closer, within reach, and Mr. Nelson clapped on hand down on the Dane's shoulder, which was near par with his own, and dragged the unwilling dog closer. "You and I will have some words at home, Magnus," he said slowly, giving a forced smile in Sara's direction without ever taking his eyes off the Dane. Magnus shivered and looked down at his feet, nose stinging and eyes swimming. For a beat, something close to sympathy appeared in Dadzilla's eyes and he gave a small reassuring squeeze to Magnus' broad shoulders... and then it was gone, and he looked up at Sara again. "You have my permission to do what you want with Pavelle. Treat her. Train her. Whatever. And if you find the other raccoon, as I said earlier, your 'Christopher' guy can handle that. I don't know if he wants to try to train the 'coon for adoption or release him to the wild. Be my guest to do whatever. I'm forfeiting ownership, considering that I never knew I owned him in the first place." He stopped talking, and looked at Sara, waiting for her to respond or dismiss him. He never let go of the quaking Magnus, and the Dane never looked up from the floor.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Pepper wrote:Nah. There was somebody back in England, but it just didn't feel right... so that didn't last too long.
That's a pity. It's really a nice feeling to have someone. You should try and find someone here, although I don't know much female cats.
Once finished, Alex started thinking about his words. It was true, there were really not a lot of female cats. He knew Amelia and Mai, and that's it. There was another female he met once with Gary, outside town, near the river, but they didn't even get her name, so she doesn't count.
Pepper wrote:So I only came here yesterday night, this already looks like a real nice place to live.
Pepper's words woke Alex up from the daydreaming. He shook his head, and processed what Pepper just said.
Uhm, yeah... Richardson Valley is a nice place to live. It's very pet friendly, there are a lot of various pets, even weird ones, and it's just a quiet place.
Richarson Valley

Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Alex wrote: That's a pity. It's really a nice feeling to have someone. You should try and find someone here, although I don't know much female cats.
"Heheh, I'm not gonna be looking for a while I think."
Alex wrote: Pepper's words woke Alex up from the daydreaming. He shook his head, and processed what Pepper just said.
Uhm, yeah... Richardson Valley is a nice place to live. It's very pet friendly, there are a lot of various pets, even weird ones, and it's just a quiet place.
Pepper breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good to hear. I have my hands full with Sal as it is."

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Laxan wrote:Sal' smiled, she usually zoned out when people talked to her, but O'Connor's accent kept her interested in the conversation. "Around the corner. Just past, the old abandoned house." She remembered where it was from when she went with Alex. "So, tell me a little about yourself."
"Ah? Weill, Ah come from Sco'lahnd, originalleh. But Ah've been in the staetes fer most o' muy luife, 'baout 24 years."
Kaido wrote:"Heheh, I'm not gonna be looking for a while I think."
Pepper breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good to hear. I have my hands full with Sal as it is."
Tory looked up from preening. He hadn't noticed that O'Connor had left yet, but even if he had, he wouldn't have wanted to leave his new friends.
"But you have to love her. She's your sister, after all. Are you two mad at each other or something?"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

She fell in step with the other cat and the dog the cat. the cat kept talking "First stop is the park, pets like to meet here a lot, relaxing and quiet most of the time...most."
and then sat on a bench. Sekhmet glanced around the park and then looked back at the cat "Uhm, nice." she said "Although I haven't eaten in...." she shook her head a bit and then waved her paw "...way too long. do you know any place to catch some food around here?"