HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel nodded reassuringly. "Yes. She does not seem like ze type to hold a grudge."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:"O'course, Roxanne," Colin said softly. He bowed his head respectfully at Chieftain Amelia, then turned back to Roxanne. "It's 'bout ha' a mile tha' way. Shoul'n't take too long." He tilted his head in the direction of the wide path leading into the village. "Ah'll lead tha' way."
"Thank you!" Roxanne stood and started to follow Colin. "Maybe... maybe I could try to talk to Celeste later, when she's calmed down. I should at least apologize for leaving her behind, even if she... hates me now." She sighed. "I was only trying to help Ulysses, and not only do I fail at that, I also hurt Celeste in the process..." The collie turned to look at Colin, giving him a look that was a mix between curious, sad and exhausted. "Have you ever ruined a chance at being friends with someone?"
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Yeah, tha's prob'ly fer tha' best. Wait for 'er ta cool down, then try an' talk to 'er." He looked back at Roxanne with a warm smile. "Don' worry, it'll be fine." Then, he frowned slightly, thinking about Roxanne's question. "Well... I don' think I ever screwed up 'nough ta make someone hate me, an' I don' think you did either. 'Sides, if someone d'cides their 'pinion of ya based off of one mistake, they prob'ly wouldn't be a very good frien', would they?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"I guess... Do you really think there's a chance she'll forgive me, though? She seemed very angry." The collie kept walking on the forest path, now outside of Salisgrave. "I hope Adel is having more luck talking to her... Maybe if I did something nice for her to apologize?" She turned to Colin. "Any ideas? Do your people have some sort of asking-for-forgiveness tradition, maybe?"

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste sighed with relief. "Good," she said. She even dared to smile, though only for a second. "But you....ah...forgive me, right?" Celeste held her breath as she waited for his answer.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"Of course. Vat kind of friend would I be if I did not?" Adel asked, smiling.

((Wow, I fail so bad at keeping my colors in check))
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste exhaled silently. "Not a very good one," she replied, returning the smile. It mattered to her, very much so, that Adel replied so positively. She hadn't been expected a 'no', but nor was she expecting him to say...to tell her that he was her friend. Even though she would never admit it, she was glad she was able to make a friend -if not more then one- while she was on the island.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

The Broken Fox wrote:"I guess... Do you really think there's a chance she'll forgive me, though? She seemed very angry." The collie kept walking on the forest path, now outside of Salisgrave. "I hope Adel is having more luck talking to her... Maybe if I did something nice for her to apologize?" She turned to Colin. "Any ideas? Do your people have some sort of asking-for-forgiveness tradition, maybe?"
"Well... it d'pends. If ya really screw up, tha' elders have you do somethin' called 'ahtone-mint'. Go out in tha woods an' fast for a few days, something like that." Colin shrugged. "But tha's only for tha big stuff. Fer you, though, a hug an' a gift shoul' do." He held up one finger and looked closely at Roxanne. "An', if you want ta be serious 'bout it, a drop of blood."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:Celeste exhaled silently. "Not a very good one," she replied, returning the smile. It mattered to her, very much so, that Adel replied so positively. She hadn't been expected a 'no', but nor was she expecting him to say...to tell her that he was her friend. Even though she would never admit it, she was glad she was able to make a friend -if not more then one- while she was on the island.
Adel kept his smile. It was the only reassuring thing he could think to do without touching her. "...Und I am sure zat Roxanne vill be ze same vay. You vill see."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:"Well... it d'pends. If ya really screw up, tha' elders have you do somethin' called 'ahtone-mint'. Go out in tha woods an' fast for a few days, something like that." Colin shrugged. "But tha's only for tha big stuff. Fer you, though, a hug an' a gift shoul' do." He held up one finger and looked closely at Roxanne. "An', if you want ta be serious 'bout it, a drop of blood."
Roxanne pushed away Colin's finger with a nervous chuckle. "Ahhh... Maybe that won't be necessary!" she said, grinning awkwardly. "I think I'll have enough trouble with the bloody apology as it is!" Suddenly she froze, her muzzle clenched tight and her eyes becoming unfocused. She snorted through her nose first, then she started laughing, her whole body shaking as she realized the unintentional accent related pun! The collie was laughing so hard now she had to clutch her sides, and lean against Colin for support as she gasped for air.

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"You sure? It's nah tha' hard. You just gotta-" Colin was poking the pad of one thumb with his claw to demonstrate when the collie suddenly burst out laughing. He tilted his head to one side and looked at Roxanne with a quizzical expression. "Wha's so funny?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"Bloody!" Roxanne snorted between breaths. "Apology!" She took a few moments to calm herself to a mild giggle, feeling her lungs burn from laughing so hard. "Bloody, love! You see, it doesn't just mean literally bloody, it's also a cuss word where I come from!" She steadied herself and let go of Colin's shoulder. "Oh, I think I really needed that! I feel much better already."

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Oh." Colin laughed politely. "Ah see now." He hikeda thumb back at the village. "So do ya wan' to head back an' find Celeste?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Well, the subtlety of the pun was obviously lost on Colin but Roxanne didn't mind. What mattered was that it put a smile on her face, and it was sincere even if it was a little weak. "Yes, I think that would be best, I should apologize as soon as possible. Granted of course, that she's calmed down... And that she's still at the village... But yeah, we should go back!"

The Game

Post by The Game »

"I hope you're right..." Celeste replied, with the faintest of nods. She stopped suddenly, ears flattened with worry. "Earlier, when I was talking to Amelia, she said Roxanne was a kind female and I...I..." Celeste's hopeful face fell. "I said it was a hoax; like the trick of the light-- she wasn't that kind." She blinked rapidly, trying to keep herself from crying. "Who knows...she could've taken that to heart. What if she does't forgive me?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel shook his head, still smiling hopefully. It seemed to be the best medicine. "She vill. Do not vorry yourself about zat."
The Game

Post by The Game »

This time Celeste shook her head. Her eyes widened, as if just realizing something. "M-maybe it would be best if I waited until tomorrow." She took a tentative step backwards. "You know, give us both time to sleep on it..."

The truth was, Celeste had finally registered how badly she could have upset Roxanne. Now that she'd finally calmed down enough to think, she knew it was a possibility that Roxanne wouldn't forgive her. Or even worse-- not even speak to her! No matter how much she believed Adel, which was a lot for someone of her character who only trusted facts, the thought of Roxanne taking that to heart was constantly nagging in her mind. Although she wasn't proud or arrogant, Celeste had always had a problem with apologizing; it made her uncomfortable, as if she were being drowned in a hug.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

The Broken Fox wrote:Well, the subtlety of the pun was obviously lost on Colin but Roxanne didn't mind. What mattered was that it put a smile on her face, and it was sincere even if it was a little weak. "Yes, I think that would be best, I should apologize as soon as possible. Granted of course, that she's calmed down... And that she's still at the village... But yeah, we should go back!"
Colin was glad to see that Roxanne's mood had taken an upswing. "Don' worry, it'll be fine. 'Sides, if she's not a' tha village, she cant 'a gone far. C'mon, le's go!" Colin started back up the trail, gesturing for Roxanne to follow after him.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel knew this would happen. She was chickening out; this was just like her type: that analytical, fact-based personality of hers would probably always have trouble with emotions. He knew that Celeste wouldn't get any sleep over this; rather, she would likely spend all night worrying about how the situation might go or maybe even just plain worry herself sick.

The German Shepherd crossed his arms and shook his head. "No, Celeste. Go apologise to your friend before you lose your chance. You vill worry yourself sick othervise."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian rolled over on his blanket, his eye's opening. He couldn't sleep. He was tired, but had energy to spare. He'd been in this hut for at least 15 minutes now, with no luck or letting the days events sort them selves out in his dreams. He wondered if any of the hunting parties were back yet. He knew a lot of them, and would play with them quite often when they weren't out getting food for the evening.

Sitting up, he figured he'd go for a walk around the village. He couldn't sleep, so it couldn't hurt. With in his time back, the elder hadn't returned either. This usually meant they were very busy with something. One of the village members was due for a litter any day now. He wondered if that was why the elder was gone.

Stepping out of the hut, he looked out over the village, and everyone seemed to be doing things as normal. Some of his friends that were around his age ran by, inviting him to a game of tag. He would of agreed if he was in the mood, but he shook his head no and they shrugged and ran off to play with out him. Gian preferred to play with the adults anyways, the games were funner, and more of a challenge.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne nodded and let her tail sway back and forth a little. She walked back to Salisgrave with her lycaon guide, stopping in the clearing between the huts where they had last seen Celeste. Right now there was no sign of the cat, but her scent still lingered in the air, she wasn't gone long. The collie turned to Colin. "She's not here..." The low voice of doubt began to whisper in her ear again, why would the cat have stayed and waited for her?

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Don' worry, don' worry," Colin said softly, patting her on the shoulder. "Like I said, she can't 'a gone far. Why don' ya try callin' for 'er?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Gian rolled over on his blanket, his eye's opening. He couldn't sleep. He was tired, but had energy to spare. He'd been in this hut for at least 15 minutes now, with no luck or letting the days events sort them selves out in his dreams. He wondered if any of the hunting parties were back yet. He knew a lot of them, and would play with them quite often when they weren't out getting food for the evening.

Sitting up, he figured he'd go for a walk around the village. He couldn't sleep, so it couldn't hurt. With in his time back, the elder hadn't returned either. This usually meant they were very busy with something. One of the village members was due for a litter any day now. He wondered if that was why the elder was gone.

Stepping out of the hut, he looked out over the village, and everyone seemed to be doing things as normal. Some of his friends that were around his age ran by, inviting him to a game of tag. He would of agreed if he was in the mood, but he shook his head no and they shrugged and ran off to play with out him. Gian preferred to play with the adults anyways, the games were funner, and more of a challenge.
"Shame on you, son," said the mocking stern voice of Ulysses from behind him. So young and already you think you're better than your peers? Just like your old dog, I'd say." The black labrador came from the corner and held his son's shoulders. Small gestures, that made him happy, filled a void lasted so long, too long...
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste knew Adel was right, but she just couldn't. Shaking her head furiously, she stared at her toes. "I don't think I can," she admitted. "But please, don't think I'm selfish, I just...can't." She was unwilling to say more; instead just looked in every possible direction that was away from Adel.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"You can, Celeste, und you vill not feel better until you do." Adel said, using the tip of his finger to bring her head to look at him. "Roxanne will forgive you. Now it is a question of vhether you can forgive yourself."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste swallowed hard as she looked at Adel. If he could forgive, and so could Roxanne, then there was no reason Celeste herself couldn't. "Let's find Roxanne now," she answered with the tiniest of smiles.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"That is the spirit!" he said, smiling. "Hopefully, Roxanne vill have stayed in ze village."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:"Don' worry, don' worry," Colin said softly, patting her on the shoulder. "Like I said, she can't 'a gone far. Why don' ya try callin' for 'er?"
Roxanne looked unsure for a moment, but then nodded. "Alright, here goes..." She cleared her throat and held her nose high. "Celeste?" Her voice lacked confidence and volume, but she called out again, this time louder, though still far from a shout. "Celeste!"

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste nodded, though she wasn't quite hearing him. She looked around; someone was calling her name. "Roxanne?" She looked back at Adel, then towards the source of the sound, then to Adel again. "Well? I don't want to keep her waiting, and I want you to be right by me when I apologise, so let's go," she said. Then she began walking briskly towards Roxanne's voice.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel has no trouble keeping up. She wants me by her side...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne looked around again, she still couldn't spot the cat anywhere. She must have left, or she doesn't want to talk to me! She sighed and called out once more, in case she was hiding nearby. "Celeste, if you can hear me... I just want to let you that I'm sorry! Please come out and talk to me..." The collie stopped moving and swiveled her ear, listening to any kind of response.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste was nearly running now. She couldn't see Roxanne, but could still hear her voice. She kept going, picking up speed with every step, until she could see the back of Roxanne's head. Now she was only a few feet away; all she had to do was keep going and Roxanne would see her...

"R-Roxanne!" Celeste called out, much louder then she had meant to. She stepped forward and reached out, timidly tapping the collie's shoulder. "I'm right here. I...it's...wait, why are you sorry?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel had kept from getting left behind, and he wasn't even panting. "Yes, why are you sorry? You did nozing wrong."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne spun on her feet as she felt Celeste touch her shoulder. She immediately smiled at the cat and wagged her tail. "Oh, Celeste, I... whatever I did, I didn't mean to upset you! I was just trying to help and I forgot about you, and it made you so angry..." Without waiting for a reply the collie scooped up Celeste in a big hug, almost lifting the cat from the ground. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel winced. Zat may not have been ze smartest move...
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin stood with his hands on his hips, looking at the scene with a satisfied grin. "There, see? All's well tha' en's..." His smile drooped a bit when he saw Adel cringe. "... well." Ah wonder wha' tha's all about...
The Game

Post by The Game »

A hug was the last thing Celeste had expected. She yelped as she got swept up, with her eyes wide as if she had gotten punched in the stomach. But no matter how unwanted that hug was, Celeste refused to do something that require another apology. So, to her shock, she found herself awkwardly hugging Roxanne back. "Oh...erm...it's quite alright..." she stuttered, trying to smile. The grin looked more like a pained grimace. "I'm very...s-sorry as well...though I would be a lot more comfortable discussing this without being crushed in a bl- er, I mean hug."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel was right. He hadn't expected her to react that well, however. If Celeste was that sorry that she would accept a hug, then she must really have felt terrible. He was glad to see the girls getting along, though.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian nearly jumped out of his fur at the sudden voice from behind him. He'd spun around so quickly, he'd forgotten what language he was speaking. "Dad! How did you find me so easily?" He paused a moment as his tongue adjusted it's self for an immediate translation. "I men'... ya' surpised meh. An' I dun think I'm bettah' den them. Jus' na' really in'a playfull mood... ya' kno'?" He shrugged, clasping his paws behind his back and kicking at the dirt nervously. He wasn't sure if he was in trouble, or if his father was just being funny. He was not entirely use to this whole father thing yet. Would his dad scold him like the elders do? Tell him he was wrong, and talk down to him? Or would his dad be nicer, or meaner? He wasn't sure. He never really had parents... just people.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The Game wrote:A hug was the last thing Celeste had expected. She yelped as she got swept up, with her eyes wide as if she had gotten punched in the stomach. But no matter how unwanted that hug was, Celeste refused to do something that require another apology. So, to her shock, she found herself awkwardly hugging Roxanne back. "Oh...erm...it's quite alright..." she stuttered, trying to smile. The grin looked more like a pained grimace. "I'm very...s-sorry as well...though I would be a lot more comfortable discussing this without being crushed in a bl- er, I mean hug."

"Oh..." Roxanne relaxed her grip around the cat in her arms and gently placed her back on the ground. "Sorry!" She smiled sheepishly, but her tail was wagging a mile a minute. "Better?" she asked finally, as she let go of Celeste.