Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Re: current comic

Post by rickgriffin »

NoelL wrote:
I hope I've scared you all
Actually what inspired me to do this comic was that I decided early on to switch my dog from Purina to Blue Buffalo, and the most recent kind I got is called 'Wilderness' and has a wolf on the front, and I think has less filler than most of their other brands.

Also, I think what a lot of companies are thinking with by-products is that the kibble is cooked so much it just might kill everything. And it does, most of the time, except when it doesn't. Also: Chicken beaks count toward the protein total, but are actually undigestable.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
valerio

Post by valerio »

I use to try several brands whenever I can instead of one, so to try my beloved ones' tastes. I don't know if you're familiar with 'stonecrick'. They so adore it!!
Anyway, I was wondering: unless we're talking 100$ bags that come only in 15 Kg size, Peanut could sometimes save his allowance to buy some FERAL MIX. Yummy!
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

rickgriffin wrote:
NoelL wrote:
I hope I've scared you all
Actually what inspired me to do this comic was that I decided early on to switch my dog from Purina to Blue Buffalo, and the most recent kind I got is called 'Wilderness' and has a wolf on the front, and I think has less filler than most of their other brands.

Also, I think what a lot of companies are thinking with by-products is that the kibble is cooked so much it just might kill everything. And it does, most of the time, except when it doesn't. Also: Chicken beaks count toward the protein total, but are actually undigestable.
oh god now i feel guilty about feeding my dog dog food. chicken beaks?

thats just wrong.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

rickgriffin wrote:Also, I think what a lot of companies are thinking with by-products is that the kibble is cooked so much it just might kill everything. And it does, most of the time, except when it doesn't. Also: Chicken beaks count toward the protein total, but are actually undigestable.
I'm more tempted to believe that it's more of a case of 'who cares about animals, let's just feed them all the I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins us humans refuse to eat because they're just animals AMIRITE?!' which is frankly a philosophy I don't agree with.

You can generally tell the quality of a pet food from the first few ingredients. When you see things like 'soy' and 'corn' and 'by-products' you know what you have is garbage. The higher quality foods tend to be more expensive, but even only a week after switching my cats from Friskies to Pet Promise I could see a huge difference in their overall health. More attentive, more energetic, healthier looking coats, etc. I think the price is worth it... but of course, terrible food is better than no food.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

NoelL wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Also, I think what a lot of companies are thinking with by-products is that the kibble is cooked so much it just might kill everything. And it does, most of the time, except when it doesn't. Also: Chicken beaks count toward the protein total, but are actually undigestable.
I'm more tempted to believe that it's more of a case of 'who cares about animals, let's just feed them all the **** us humans refuse to eat because they're just animals AMIRITE?!' which is frankly a philosophy I don't agree with.

You can generally tell the quality of a pet food from the first few ingredients. When you see things like 'soy' and 'corn' and 'by-products' you know what you have is garbage. The higher quality foods tend to be more expensive, but even only a week after switching my cats from Friskies to Pet Promise I could see a huge difference in their overall health. More attentive, more energetic, healthier looking coats, etc. I think the price is worth it... but of course, terrible food is better than no food.
I feed my cat with meat puree (meat and vegetables, to tell the truth) and boiled fish. And you know what? It's much cheaper than feeding him with stuff like "frieskies" and "whiskas". I can say even more - my cat likes what i give him more than all that "cat food" stuff. And I don't have to worry, if there is something wrong with my cat's food. And yes, he is very healthy and energetic (but not right after eating ;) ).
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

There's a lot of nutrients and such that are great for cats that are put in most commercial foods, like taurine. Are you sure your cats are getting them? It's definitely possible to feed cats a homemade food but a lot of research and care is required.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Maybe the catfood discussion would like to be continued in the [[Chat Thread]] so as not to derail this one?

I think it's interesting that Peanut has an easel and pointer. (This assumes that they are not Grape's, one of the Sandwiches', or borrowed from elsewhere.) Could Spot (Superdog!)'s day job be a reflection of Peanut's desires?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Jack

Post by Jack »

so... i tried my dogs new food...
it was horrible! absolutely atrocious! blagh! i get sick just from thinking about it!

(and thats all im gonna say cos its a bit offtopic)
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
The Game

Post by The Game »

This comic made me laugh, but i don't really know what to say about it other than...

It has approximately 100 times more awesome than some others no offense to da author on that...
:D
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Jack wrote:so... i tried my dogs new food...
it was horrible! absolutely atrocious! blagh! i get sick just from thinking about it!

(and thats all im gonna say cos its a bit offtopic)
I've tried my dog's doggy snacks before...not bad.
Make Pasta not war.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Everyone wrote:telling stories about eating pet food
ImageImage
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:
This is the internet, Sinder. Stranger things have occurred.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Sinder wrote:
This is the internet, Sinder. Stranger things have occurred.
Ya, you should know :lol: (to sinder)
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I tried cat biscuits before, and then we went out and had pizza and the 'meatballs' tasted exactly the same. We never ate at that pizza chain again and it eventually ran out of business.

I would always lobby for the 'cool' cereals, but then my parents would go out and buy the more expensive, healthier, local brand variations. I hated them even though they tasted exactly the same. I still wonder why the fact my cereal was not from any of the massive multimillionaire corporations somehow detracted from their awesomeness.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

so wait furries actually to try pet food? wow what the heck?

i've never wanted to eat pet food, and i feel bad that i have to feed my pets pet food. i want them to have a normal human diet (you know, the type we should have), but alas, my mother would be upset.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

loudhawaiianshirt wrote:so wait furries actually to try pet food? wow what the heck?

i've never wanted to eat pet food, and i feel bad that i have to feed my pets pet food. i want them to have a normal human diet (you know, the type we should have), but alas, my mother would be upset.
We don't always try pet food, but when you get curious of what your pet is eating...it doesn't hurt to try it. Even my older brother who isn't a furry has tried some.
Make Pasta not war.
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

Dylan wrote:
loudhawaiianshirt wrote:so wait furries actually to try pet food? wow what the heck?

We don't always try pet food, but when you get curious of what your pet is eating...it doesn't hurt to try it. Even my older brother who isn't a furry has tried some.
your older brother is weird. and like i said, i wish i could feed my pet like some ham and turkey and vegetables rather than dry decompressed artificial food.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

loudhawaiianshirt wrote:
Dylan wrote:

your older brother is weird. and like i said, i wish i could feed my pet like some ham and turkey and vegetables rather than dry decompressed artificial food.
Eh, we all can't be normal, but I think our dog likes our tastes in dog food. :lol: But I think he wants what we are eating...so if i eat his food, he wants it.
Make Pasta not war.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Once I've tried my cat's food, and that was really disgusting. After that I feed him only with normal food (like fish, meat and etc.).
And I've never used to try some dogfood, as I don't have a dog... (You see, I live in city, and in my view it is a crime to make a dog to sit whole day long at your flat, instead of having fun outdoors. If I will ever live in the country - I would surely have a dog, or maybe two, as compensation of all years without a dog. ;) ).

p.s. I feel like one of our lovely moderators will clean this thread, cause at the moment we have a whole page, where we all are speaking about diets for our pets.
See me on DeviantArt.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Since the comic is about pet food, this is apparently an acceptable topic.

RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Dissension wrote:Since the comic is about pet food, this is apparently an acceptable topic.
Do you know that joke about a student, who had an exam and learned materials only about fleas?
He had a question about fish, and he said: "Soo... Fish has squama, and if it had fur - there would be fleas. Fleas are small insects..."
Last edited by RaptorAnton on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
See me on DeviantArt.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dylan wrote:We don't always try pet food, but when you get curious of what your pet is eating...it doesn't hurt to try it. Even my older brother who isn't a furry has tried some.
I'm not a furry, either, and I've tried dog food as well.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

On the subject of pet food, here's my input:

I don't care what that dog on the commercial says, Beggin Strips is not bacon.
Though it isn't horrible...
But I don't think I want any more.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

That took me, like 5 minutes to understand. When I did understand, it was funny by...well... I don't want to spoil the joke.

That one was such a mind messing joke. I feel like we just got trolled. XD
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I got the joke.

and sadly, i can't make a joke about the comic not being funny now. way to go,Rick!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Oh my god, as soon as I read that I was cracking up so hard
I didn't expect something like this out of a Spot comic. I love you now.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I don't see today's comic....
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

That happens. I think it's a browser cache thing. Every time the comic updates, I have to go one comic back, then hit the "last" button to see the new comic. That's been what's up for me since the comicpress upgrade a while back.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Liam

Post by Liam »

Oh frak, Rick goes Randall Munroe! D:
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Jack

Post by Jack »

i... i don't get it.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Yeah, I'm right there with yah jack.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Jack wrote:i... i don't get it.
I don't get it too, so I decided to use my brains and wikipedia ;)
So, Randall Munroe.
Aaaand... I still don't get it... :lol:
Maybe, Liam was trying to say, that with the last strip, Rick kinda mixed funny comic and education, just like Randall usually does...
See me on DeviantArt.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

This one might only make sense to people who are familiar with the habits of other Web comics.

Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

it's a good think the chart wasn't upside down... not that it would change anything.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Liam

Post by Liam »

RaptorAnton wrote:
Jack wrote:i... i don't get it.
I don't get it too, so I decided to use my brains and wikipedia ;)
So, Randall Munroe.
Aaaand... I still don't get it... :lol:
Maybe, Liam was trying to say, that with the last strip, Rick kinda mixed funny comic and education, just like Randall usually does...
I'm not sure if Jack and Yoru meant me, but I just wanted to make a joke about the circumstance that it reminded me on Munroe's mostly math-related, self-referential meta-humour.

On that note, after all the insinuations I'm uncertain if I got the joke. It's Spot doing the same as standing on the graph, or did I miss some underlying subleties?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

No, I meant it. I really don't get the joke. I see the joke, but I think that Dissension is probably right, and that I just lack familiarity with the correct strip, or strips, to get the humor of it.
Jack

Post by Jack »

i am confused and baffled. :|
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Now all Rick has to do is draw a comic about Peanut complaining about his self-proclaimed inability to draw, and he'll have every average webcomic artist nailed down. :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Gah! I don't get it.....I think I'm missing the joke again, or there is not joke.
Make Pasta not war.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

So is it basically poking fun at how insecure comic artists are, and that they tend to bash themselves before others have the opportunity to?