Nominate Housepets!

Discuss the comic here
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Nominate Housepets!

Post by rickgriffin »

http://www.ursamajorawards.org/ReadList.htm

Apparently Housepets is on the recommended list for the Ursa Major awards.

Go, and vote on the nominations!
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Jumplion

Re: Nominate Housepets!

Post by Jumplion »

Well, I know 3 comics on that list Housepets, 2Kinds, and Las Lindas (all fantastic comics btw :P), so I'm always reluctant to vote for my favorite things.

I'll vote, but I won't say to whom. It wouldn't be a true vote if I just gave it to you because you told me, you have to earn to be my favorite (if you arn't already :D)

But this might get me to see some more webcomics, they look interesting.
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

You vote for me because I was the one that asked? *Puppy eyes*
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Well, that did it for me! xD Vote cast, sir!

Unfortunately, I couldn't stuff the ballot box. = (

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Hmm call it over-analyzing but would it actually be a GOOD thing if "HP!" won? I've seen what people think of this comic on other forums, and the reviews tend to be... mixed at best. Over all the comic is seen as average, not utterly fantastic yet, nothing that makes it god-awesome interesting yet. I would admit this is somewhat true:I like the comic, and all but it still is in its fledgling years. It isn't a five star wonder comic that descended from the heavens to bless us all hahaha..

If it won, yes, we'd get a lot of new users following the 'winning entry' link. A good few would most certainly love the comic, and stay here. All the good for us! At the same time though a lot of people would follow the link expecting Gold... only to find silver in its place. They in turn might be displeased;we'd have a rage storm of trolls, and flamers wondering why all their 'gold' comics lost out to silver? Do we really want to risk gaining a Hatedom this early in the comics life-span?

Ahh but hey: I'm thinking about this far too hard! That's my job ain't it ;). That all said I would like to see "HP!" in the top ten somewhere? Something that says it has potential but hasn't quite reached greatness yet.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Brittles wrote:They in turn might be displeased;we'd have a rage storm of trolls, and flamers wondering why all their 'gold' comics lost out to silver? Do we really want to risk gaining a Hatedom this early in the comics life-span?

Um, this is Ursa Majors we're talking about. Absolutely nobody gets riled up over them.

And the only people who would hate the comic are outside of the comic's demographic . . . so why would I refrain from doing something in order to appeal to them?
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

You take me too seriously Sir haha. Little more then a fools rantings I assure you. A fool who's got little else to do until the evening I might add :roll:

*Shrugs* I just like over-thinking things, it's fun. We'll be sure to vote for "HP!" no worries.
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

Jumplion wrote:Well, I know 3 comics on that list Housepets, 2Kinds, and Las Lindas (all fantastic comics btw :P), so I'm always reluctant to vote for my favorite things.

I'll vote, but I won't say to whom. It wouldn't be a true vote if I just gave it to you because you told me, you have to earn to be my favorite (if you arn't already :D)

I just read through Las Lindas and, man, I can see why you like it.
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Oblivion wrote:
Jumplion wrote:Well, I know 3 comics on that list Housepets, 2Kinds, and Las Lindas (all fantastic comics btw :P), so I'm always reluctant to vote for my favorite things.

I just read through Las Lindas and, man, I can see why you like it.
I think the creators are just trying to fit in as many boobs as they can in the series now for more viewers. It also got a little weird when they introduced all of the techno-future-knights-neo-earth stuff, kind of contradicted the farmy business feel to it.

But it's a good comic overall.
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!