Favorite Film of the Year (2010)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sketcherofstuff

Re: Favorite Film of the Year (2010)

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Sleet wrote:You did love the characters? I found most of the "heroes" fairly unlikeable. The villains were pretty awesome though.
I was going to say, with the exception of michael cera, whom I think is VERY annoying. My favorite characters were the two others in Scott's band.

also, in regards to District 9 being 2009, I completely forgot. Time really does fly. It seems like it was just a few days ago that I saw it in theaters.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The best characters were either villains or minor characters, like Scott's sister.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

Aaaaw someone already mentioned Scott Pilgrim, other than that i really liked Inception
The Game

Post by The Game »

Once again, Toy Story 3 and How To Train Your Dragon.

Oh and Tangled! That was great!
valerio

Post by valerio »

How to train your dragon.
It ROCKS
viridis

Post by viridis »

Allright, too many people have been saying "How to train your Dragon" is a good movie for me to ignore it longer. I must see it asap!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

viridis wrote:Allright, too many people have been saying "How to train your Dragon" is a good movie for me to ignore it longer. I must see it asap!
Yay! Be sure to tell us all what you think of it. :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

viridis wrote:Allright, too many people have been saying "How to train your Dragon" is a good movie for me to ignore it longer. I must see it asap!
You mean like 49 out of every 50 reviewers?

My friend who hates every movie couldn't find anything bad to say except that he doesn't like the main character's voice actor.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I just saw Scott Pilgrim. It was good.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
viridis

Post by viridis »

naylorfan90 wrote:
Yay! Be sure to tell us all what you think of it. :)
Rented the DVD, and it was totally awesome!!!! Yes I would definitely say that was one of the best films of 2010. :D
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

How To Train Your Dragon, The Karate Kid, Jonah Hex, Inception, Book Of Eli, Legend of the Guardians, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Zombieland, Ninja Assassin, Predators, Letters to God, Legion, Knight and Day, My Soul To Take, Daybreakers, Despicable Me, R.E.D., Sherlock Holmes, Grown Ups, A Nightmare on Elm St., Little Fockers, The Back-Up Plan, 2012, Mirrors 2 (Sorta.... not really) Extraordinary Measures, The Wolfman, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Cop Out, The Crazies, Prince of Persia.... That's about it.
I like movies, if that isn't obvious.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

The movie completely screwed the book. The book was very imaginative and funny and the movie took the title and the character's names (even changing their attitudes and physical appearances) and left the rest to rot. Another example of making a movie out of a book without reading the book!
FarmMan1812 wrote:How To Train Your Dragon, The Karate Kid, Jonah Hex, Inception, Book Of Eli, Legend of the Guardians, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Zombieland, Ninja Assassin, Predators, Letters to God, Legion, Knight and Day, My Soul To Take, Daybreakers, Despicable Me, R.E.D., Sherlock Holmes, Grown Ups, A Nightmare on Elm St., Little Fockers, The Back-Up Plan, 2012, Mirrors 2 (Sorta.... not really) Extraordinary Measures, The Wolfman, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Cop Out, The Crazies, Prince of Persia.... That's about it.
I like movies, if that isn't obvious.
Half of those movies I thought were great, but some of them were just okay (I loved the first half of Book of Eli and HATED the second half. Gary Oldman is always awesome though :D )

Also, my friend and I thought that Karate kid was hilariously bad at some points. Like the part where the kids are following him and then when they finally corner him one goes, "HEY" in a high pitched squeaky voice and the other goes, "STOP FOLLOWING US!"

And also the part where the kids are practicing and the coach goes, "Finish him" and one of the kids practically snaps the other one's neck. The overdone sound effect in that part was so funny :lol:
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:The movie completely screwed the book. The book was very imaginative and funny and the movie took the title and the character's names (even changing their attitudes and physical appearances) and left the rest to rot. Another example of making a movie out of a book without reading the book!
A movie doesn't have to be faithful to be good. It was amazing, even if it deviated from the source.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Sleet wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:
zeroslash wrote:Toy Story 3. Ga'Hoole was a disappointment, and I haven't seen Inception, Tron: Legacy, nor How to Train Your Dragon yet. After seeing the first Tron film, I had high expectations for the second, but from what I've heard in the reviews, the film lacks a good story, something I've been wanting for a while. Inception looks awesome, and so does Dragon.
Interesting thing with Tron: Legacy. It's a generally accepted thing about cinema that the higher concept a movie's theme is, the simpler the story has to be for the audience to handle the concept. The inverse is also true; for example, a simple story of a single parent struggling to keep her family together and living has to rely on complex character relationships and interactions to be interesting. So with Tron: Legacy, it has to rely on a "simplistic" story to convey its theme of free information.
I just viewed the whole thing as an excuse plot so they could provide fanservice to fans of the original as well as world-class visuals and sounds. I didn't really see the theme as very "high concept" at all, honestly.

It sounds like I'm being harsh on the movie, but I did like it.

Have you guys seen the original Tron recently? That movie was not high concept either. Tron: Legacy was exactly what it was, a sequel to Tron, and it was a sequel that was pretty much just as "good" as the original. It's not like the original had an amazing story. Actually, I think the first Tron's story was stupider than Legacy's.
Zander

Post by Zander »

mine has got to be Little Fockers.

funystuffs.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Zander wrote:mine has got to be Little Fockers.

funystuffs.
I really want to see that, I loved the first two.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Have you guys seen the original Tron recently? That movie was not high concept either. Tron: Legacy was exactly what it was, a sequel to Tron, and it was a sequel that was pretty much just as "good" as the original. It's not like the original had an amazing story. Actually, I think the first Tron's story was stupider than Legacy's.[/quote]

I refuse to comment, as I really do not want to be called Lester again.