mariomarc

Re: Arc 38: Hope of the Pridelands

Post by mariomarc »

and Peanuts veterinarian
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Almost forgot the Spirit dragon too.

who am i kidding... we can't forget the Spirit Dragon.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

GameCobra wrote:Almost forgot the Spirit dragon too.

who am i kidding... we can't forget the Spirit Dragon.
The Spirit Dragon yes. As for human females I'm not counting them because they're hairless weirdies...

Anywho, so as not to derail this thread with further gender discussion, I'll stop now and wonder aloud "what is going to happen next between Grape and Res...?"
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

... i think they make great cat naps <_< >_>

i'm more curious though if Miss Auburn will do something that cats love. Like rub the back of their head =3
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

I just want to know who the frick is Miss Auburn is. Oh and more of Res, he's/she's cool.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

So apparently Res speaks in Ebly font

Or is secretly Ebly

Or is secretly Ebly and Sinder rolled into one, and is a cat for some reason
Last edited by Two_Twig on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

This character is seeming VERY familiar to me now.... :lol:

And is that a MOOD tag? It changed color! :shock:
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

"Owner". Not "Mom".

Res needs to find his happy place. :[
ImageImage
ImageImage
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

'Cause Res is cool like that.

Also: So most of us were right, she is his/her owner.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: Well now we know that Res is Miss Aubrns cat and I like him/her I hope this isn't the last arc Res is in. (but I pretty sure it will be.)
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Now i'm curious where Max is?

Also: Embarassing stories!

I still think she's a good person, even if a Perfectionist. =P
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

ChewyChewy wrote:This character is seeming VERY familiar to me now.... :lol:

And is that a MOOD tag? It changed color! :shock:
Rick said, "Hey look at that, retconning the color of Res’s tag because people are acting dumb "
"Two_Twig commented...
That comment hurt me deep Rick, I was only joking about the nip :( *sniff*"

And now you know!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

i sense mommy problems.

surely there's psychology in a cat who follows in the steps of his mother to become a writer, but only when (s)he writes about what she writes, as an attempt to be closer to her, or please her. he doesnt think of her as a mother though, ("owner," not "mom.") res feels overshadowed by his mother, and is trying to please her, because he thinks (s)he needs to please her to be happy, instead of being proud of his own accomplishments.

(120% of the above is plausible bull spit)
bwah bwah
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

There's a significant chance that she's not a writer at all; if she's a lousy parent, then that would suggest that she isn't above other misdeeds.
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sinder wrote:There's a significant chance that she's not a writer at all; if she's a lousy parent, then that would suggest that she isn't above other misdeeds.
Yeah I agree it is still possible that Res is the actual writer of The Prideland Series and Miss Aubrns is just profiting off of Res's writing.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

does anyone else find it weird that the pridelands has not ONE human fan?
(to spite me, a random human fan-character will make a background appearance in the next few updates)
bwah bwah
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

IceKitsune wrote:
Sinder wrote:There's a significant chance that she's not a writer at all; if she's a lousy parent, then that would suggest that she isn't above other misdeeds.
Yeah I agree it is still possible that Res is the actual writer of The Prideland Series and Miss Aubrns is just profiting off of Res's writing.
It all fits. All the dots connect. They called me mad. Said it was nothing more then a conspiracy theory. WELL WE'LL SEE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH NOW!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHA....

I really have no idea where that came from. On the plus side, my insane ramblings now outnumber the inane.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm sure there is Psykeout but since the comic focuses on the pets and not the humans its just unlikely to come up.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Well, Pridelands itself doesn't appear to have any human characters; everyone is a lion or a bird or a hyena or maybe a dragon. Human readers might find it more to their liking if there were characters they could relate to, but for the moment, it appears to be primarily nothing but beefcake for cats like Grape.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

it just strikes me as odd that a book could be so popular as to be made into a movie who's fanbase is nearly entirely made of pets.
bwah bwah
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

IceKitsune wrote:
And perhaps Miss Auburn is a perfectionist with unrealistic expectations of Res, like Grape said, but also that Res is the actual writer of Pridelands, and Miss Auburn is mooching off of Res. And Grape is going to confront Miss Auburn about it and Max will try to stop her, but Grape will explain to him that Miss Auburn is not only a phony, but a mean phony! And security will try to drag Grape and Max out, but Res will speak up and confront his owner about how she treats him! Miss Auburn reacts terribly, but Res stands up to her and makes her seem like a bad guy. Res goes on to finish the book signings, and re-autographs everybody who had already gotten an autograph from the phony Miss Auburn. At the end of the night, Res gives Grape and Max a Christmas present. They open it to reveal an advance copy of the upcoming Pridelands book. Grape makes Peanut Jealous with it. Res gets all the money from the Pridelands books, and lives on his own, happy and content.

Then we get a silly Christmas one-off by Rick. Then a heartwarming New years one-off, then another Tiger one-off.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

ctcmjh wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
And perhaps Miss Auburn is a perfectionist with unrealistic expectations of Res, like Grape said, but also that Res is the actual writer of Pridelands, and Miss Auburn is mooching off of Res. And Grape is going to confront Miss Auburn about it and Max will try to stop her, but Grape will explain to him that Miss Auburn is not only a phony, but a mean phony! And security will try to drag Grape and Max out, but Res will speak up and confront his owner about how she treats him! Miss Auburn reacts terribly, but Res stands up to her and makes her seem like a bad guy. Res goes on to finish the book signings, and re-autographs everybody who had already gotten an autograph from the phony Miss Auburn. At the end of the night, Res gives Grape and Max a Christmas present. They open it to reveal an advance copy of the upcoming Pridelands book. Grape makes Peanut Jealous with it. Res gets all the money from the Pridelands books, and lives on his own, happy and content.

Then we get a silly Christmas one-off by Rick. Then a heartwarming New years one-off, then another Tiger one-off.
you ever think that sometimes we actually geuss the right storyline, but then he has to change it en route so its not the same as whatever we say?
bwah bwah
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Psykeout wrote: you ever think that sometimes we actually geuss the right storyline, but then he has to change it en route so its not the same as whatever we say?
I wouldn't be surprised if that has happened some times it happens in other Webcomics
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Psykeout wrote:you ever think that sometimes we actually geuss the right storyline, but then he has to change it en route so its not the same as whatever we say?
All the time.

In fact, I'm fairly certain that what I said was very much what Rick was going to do. And now that he knows we think like this, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that. And now that I said that, he's going to change it again. And now that I said that, he's going to keep it like that.

Oh Rick, you silly silly complicated man.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Psykeout wrote:you ever think that sometimes we actually geuss the right storyline, but then he has to change it en route so its not the same as whatever we say?
mostly, I like to imagine the look on his face
ImageImage
ImageImage
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Or possibly I already guessed how people would assume this story would end and then took it a different route, and you saying it just means it's all going according to plan
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

rickgriffin wrote:Or possibly I already guessed how people would assume this story would end and then took it a different route, and you saying it just means it's all going according to plan
I repeat.

You silly silly complicated man.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

rickgriffin wrote:it just means it's all going according to plan
*insert insane laughter*
that doesnt sound like the insane ramblings of a man caught up in his own delusions and meticulous plannings at all!

but thats good writing. i read a webcomic where this girl lost her friend, and she was like "its because of my hair!" and the writer made us all think like "its obviously because she's a rotten girl," but then she changed her hair back, and at the end, we figure out thats exactly why. nothing crazy, no "blahblahblah your a bad person" just "omg i love your hair let me be your friend"

POINT: webcomic writers are smart.
bwah bwah
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Psykeout wrote:the second we get gender conformation, im shipping.

i cant help it. :c
Yes you can. Don't do it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Aww, and here I thought she was actually Miss Auburn. Oh well.

I hope (s)he is a reoccurring character! I like him/her.
Foxstar wrote:
Psykeout wrote:the second we get gender conformation, im shipping.

i cant help it. :c
Yes you can. Don't do it.
In his defense, for all we know he meant in private and/or in the proper fanfiction section. And I think he probably did.
Sinder wrote:Well, Pridelands itself doesn't appear to have any human characters; everyone is a lion or a bird or a hyena or maybe a dragon. Human readers might find it more to their liking if there were characters they could relate to, but for the moment, it appears to be primarily nothing but beefcake for cats like Grape.
Yeah, you're probably right. What humans in the right mind would want to read stuff where the characters are primarily animals?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Over 75% of the forum thought "Called it." this morning.

I think Grape and Res will become good friends and Grape'll get to see Miss Auburn in a better way or for a longer period. Max'll come back and be upset, or he'll join them and it'll be happy day.

EDIT: I love how the cats are stepping on a box to get up to the signing table. It really puts their size into perspective :3
Alex

Post by Alex »

Now come on, Grape talked to Res for 3 hours and THEN wondered where Max is?! And that's what you call caring for each other? 3 HOURS!
I think Res is male. His face in panel 1 is kinda... male-ish.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Macsen

Post by Macsen »

ChewyChewy wrote:And is that a MOOD tag? It changed color! :shock:
No, that's Rick putting the kibosh on any pot/nip suggestions. Notice it's now gold in yesterday's comic, too. :p
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

rickgriffin wrote:Or possibly I already guessed how people would assume this story would end and then took it a different route, and you saying it just means it's all going according to plan
HA! With the amount of people we have, we can predict everything! EVERYTHING! If all of us shoot blindly, someone is bound to hit the mark! Yeah! Totally! Yup! Absolutely!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Also, I'm calling it: Res is the REAL writer of the Pridelands series.
Alex

Post by Alex »

That could be true. Who else would write something that cats (and cat-lovers) love than a cat him/herself? But maybe Miss Auburn is taking the credit because she doesn't want Res to deal with the publicity. Maybe even Res asked her to do that, looking at how shy he/she is.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Alex wrote:Now come on, Grape talked to Res for 3 hours and THEN wondered where Max is?! And that's what you call caring for each other? 3 HOURS!
I think Res is male. His face in panel 1 is kinda... male-ish.
I think their caring right now is superceded by their desire to be signed.