Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Buckdida »

zeroslash wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:So I finally got my hands on TF2, if you dont have this game, there's something wrong with you.
What if you don't have any money? Or initiative.
Then check each day on the steam website for the immanent holiday sale that will drop the price of the game by half or more. They sold copies of TF2 for $2.50 once, you know.

I highly recommend the game, just as long as you go into it not expecting a super serious realistic shooter. It's fun because it's made to be fun, not realistic. I'm pretty sure you could guess that from the art style, though.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm renting Alan Wake. It's dark, but it's pretty good. And the collectible items are going to be the death of me. >.<
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Tha Housedog wrote:I'm renting Alan Wake. It's dark, but it's pretty good. And the collectible items are going to be the death of me. >.<
I GET IT
Image Image
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Buckdida wrote:
zeroslash wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:So I finally got my hands on TF2, if you dont have this game, there's something wrong with you.
What if you don't have any money? Or initiative.
Then check each day on the steam website for the immanent holiday sale that will drop the price of the game by half or more. They sold copies of TF2 for $2.50 once, you know.

I highly recommend the game, just as long as you go into it not expecting a super serious realistic shooter. It's fun because it's made to be fun, not realistic. I'm pretty sure you could guess that from the art style, though.
Yeah I was just kidding around, it's a great game though, loads of fun.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Buckdida wrote:Then check each day on the steam website for the immanent holiday sale that will drop the price of the game by half or more. They sold copies of TF2 for $2.50 once, you know.

By copies of TF2, you mean PC copies or console copies? Because my computer can barely handle RCT3 without framerate issues.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

PC copies, the console versions dont get updated.
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Eh, I can't afford a new computer, so never mind. I'll just stick to franchises I know. I like the slightly silly graphics of TF2, but I'm just not willing to spend any money on something I'm not completely aware of... could rent it though.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

zeroslash wrote: By copies of TF2, you mean PC copies or console copies? Because my computer can barely handle RCT3 without framerate issues.
Just play the earlier ones, they're better anyways.
Image Image
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

zeroslash wrote:Eh, I can't afford a new computer, so never mind. I'll just stick to franchises I know. I like the slightly silly graphics of TF2, but I'm just not willing to spend any money on something I'm not completely aware of... could rent it though.
Oh trust me its a good buy.
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Dubiousity wrote:
zeroslash wrote:Eh, I can't afford a new computer, so never mind. I'll just stick to franchises I know. I like the slightly silly graphics of TF2, but I'm just not willing to spend any money on something I'm not completely aware of... could rent it though.
Oh trust me its a good buy.
I guess I'll get a copy of the 360 version. But I'm gonna wait until Christmas. By then, we should have more info on that Kirby lemmings game, though knowing Hal, we probably won't get more screens until next year.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

If you're gonna get the 360 version I should warn you, it's nearly dead.
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Explain "dead." For that matter, explain the game to me. Can I play offline against CPUs, or is it completely online? And do you mean it's no longer updated or it barely has any users online?
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Buckdida wrote:
zeroslash wrote: Then check each day on the steam website for the immanent holiday sale that will drop the price of the game by half or more. They sold copies of TF2 for $2.50 once, you know.

Yeah I was just kidding around, it's a great game though, loads of fun.
I agree. I have an unpatched version that still does crazy legs.
Anyone remember that?
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Heh heh heh, crazy legs...
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

zeroslash wrote:Explain "dead." For that matter, explain the game to me. Can I play offline against CPUs, or is it completely online? And do you mean it's no longer updated or it barely has any users online?
It's completely online, and the consoles version don't receive the updates that the PC version does and hardly anyone plays them anymore.
shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

personally i enjoy L4d and L4d2 as well as all biohazard games
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Dubiousity wrote:
zeroslash wrote:Explain "dead." For that matter, explain the game to me. Can I play offline against CPUs, or is it completely online? And do you mean it's no longer updated or it barely has any users online?
It's completely online, and the consoles version don't receive the updates that the PC version does and hardly anyone plays them anymore.
I only have Silver, and I'm not experienced enough to play online; I've always received a beating.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

TF2 is actually one of those games in which you can have fun even when losing.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Why the PIU is dissapearing where I live :,(
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
viridis

Post by viridis »

So anyone else been getting into WOW Cataclysm?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I want it so bad. But I can't let myself play World of Warcraft. It takes up all my free time if I let it. It's just too fun.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
viridis

Post by viridis »

I've almost killed myself playing it the past few days. Been with a bunch of mates playing pretty much non stop. Seriously eats up time, I look at the clock and it's 11 am then next time I look it's 6 pm. I'm so ashamed of myself :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sounds awesome. I really want to start over and make a Worgen mage, but I just can't let myself play that game, especially since I can't be confident my friends will play as much as they used to. I quit when Burning Crusade was out to ease up my schedule and made a promise I can't come back. Blah, schedules... :/
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:Sounds awesome. I really want to start over and make a Worgen mage, but I just can't let myself play that game, especially since I can't be confident my friends will play as much as they used to. I quit when Burning Crusade was out to ease up my schedule and made a promise I can't come back. Blah, schedules... :/
Worgen hard? Or hardly Worgen?

*snickers*
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I just got through being at a friend's house where several other friends were. They were all there so they could play WoW together as soon as Catyclism came out. I was just there to talk and I played some Metroid Prime 2 and Star Craft II and Minecraft.

Speaking of Metroid Prime 2, that darn Boost Guardian is the worst thing ever. I beat it after like 5 tries.
viridis

Post by viridis »

Sleet wrote:Sounds awesome. I really want to start over and make a Worgen mage, but I just can't let myself play that game, especially since I can't be confident my friends will play as much as they used to. I quit when Burning Crusade was out to ease up my schedule and made a promise I can't come back. Blah, schedules... :/
haha yea, i pretty much play WoW cos my friends play it. If they stoped id have little reason to play. Its so crazy how much time it takes up.

Im keen as to make a Worgen too [they have awesome racials], but its too bad my guild is horde cos the new guild leveling system would help with leveling.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

When I played a human mage the first time, I was a serious damage perfectionist. I made sure I could put out a ridiculous amount of damage for my quality of gear. So when I read they got a 1% damage bonus, I almost wet myself. And they're animal people!

A lot of people hate leveling, and I don't really get why. It's part of the game, and I really enjoy it. Some people play it like it's the destination that matters, not the journey.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

There is Gunsliger proffesion in WoW?
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I think I may have developed a TF2 addiction.
viridis

Post by viridis »

Sleet wrote:When I played a human mage the first time, I was a serious damage perfectionist. I made sure I could put out a ridiculous amount of damage for my quality of gear. So when I read they got a 1% damage bonus, I almost wet myself. And they're animal people!

A lot of people hate leveling, and I don't really get why. It's part of the game, and I really enjoy it. Some people play it like it's the destination that matters, not the journey.
They look so great and they can change back into human out of combat in they want (who would though lol)!

After hitting the level cap it can get a bit repetitive in what you do. I find leveling fun, always like an objective, something to work towards and always new stuff to do. The stuff you have to do for quests are usually fun and they have re-done the quests in Azeroth and apparently they are better. I will see about that I guess.

Alex M. wrote:There is Gunsliger proffesion in WoW?
Um... not as far as I know.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hunters can specialize in guns if I'm not mistaken.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

*Wats at the WoW talk*
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Dubiousity wrote:*Wats at the WoW talk*
*follows suit*
Seriously guys, some of us don't understand that stuff. Please refrain from discussion of things I don't understand. >.<
I like how the character art looks in Black Ops as opposed to World at War. There's definitely an improvement in style happening there. (And the return of the Russian music is always appreciated)
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Tha Housedog wrote:
*follows suit*
Seriously guys, some of us don't understand that stuff. Please refrain from discussion of things I don't understand. >.<
I like how the character art looks in Black Ops as opposed to World at War. There's definitely an improvement in style happening there. (And the return of the Russian music is always appreciated)
This seems a little unfair. What about those that have not played Black Ops but have played WoW?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

zeroslash wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
*follows suit*
This seems a little unfair. What about those that have not played Black Ops but have played WoW?
It's thesane problem. Frick, back to PokeMon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey, this thread is to talk about video games, not video games everyone knows about. If that were the case, we'd always be talking about Pokémon.

...Actually, that sounds pretty good. Let's do that, guys!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Dear lord not again.

I've actually been playing through Platinum again while bored.
Harby

Post by Harby »

Hi guys guess who!?!
Im back from doing...stuff, its been too long and ive missed you all (Especially toby) how've you guys been?
Just to stay on topic, Is anyone getting or got Fable 3?
Memory is the key.
viridis

Post by viridis »

Reading through this thread there are many times when I have no clue what people talk about, so I either look it up or not worry about it. If I had to explain what I'm talking about for WOW to a person that doesn't play it then it would take a lot of typing, and I'm quite lazy. Yes, too lazy to type :D
Tha Housedog wrote: I like how the character art looks in Black Ops as opposed to World at War. There's definitely an improvement in style happening there. (And the return of the Russian music is always appreciated)
I have yet to play Black Ops but many aspects of WAW SP were awesome, like how they created a dark and apocalyptic feel to the levels (and, yes, also the Russian music, love it!), so I'm looking forward to playing Black Ops to see how Treyarch improved on that.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

If you're unfamiliar with or don't understand something, it might be best to look it up or ask for clarification from the people discussing it. There's no reason that everyone has to be a subject matter expert on every game that's discussed.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other