HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by Keeshah »

ArgentFlame wrote:
Keeshah wrote:"Couldn't we just get new collars in the shop for everyone who's missing them?"
"We might as well, if it was dropped in the river it's probably been washed far downstream by now." Cier said as he and Sean walked up to the group on the bridge. "Rav, why is your bandanna pink?"

Rav huddles with Cier an Sean, as they join him up on the bridge..

My mom did it while she was washing it..
Rav looks around left an right, like there was some big secret to be kept from prying ears.
I think my mom is planning to have me made more Ummm girl like..
he whispers with the two dogs..
maybe the people here, are afraid of an intact red tagged dog. like i'm going to sire aggressive pups or something..
Last edited by Keeshah on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was about to agree with Rav and Cier about just buying a new collar, but then she heard Tory and O'Connor.
"Ooh, ooh, can we go with them, O'Connor? Pleeeeeeeeease?????"
"Ahsk Miss Paveille."
"Can we go with you to find the collar, Miss Pavelle?"
Pavelle didn't want to crush Tory's enthusiasm, nor did she want to hurt his feelings by saying that they weren't looking for the collar. She, after all, hardly knew the bird. From what she had gathered, though, apparently he was easily upset. Or maybe not, but, to her, it seemed that way. She rubbed the back of her neck, sighing. It wouldn't hurt to look, except for taking up a bit of time. But what were they planning on doing today, anyway, that was so important? And she was beginning to feel a little guilty, for dropping the collar in the first place. Plus, she kind of wondered if she wanted Magnus going to the pet shop anyways. Wouldn't an easy excuse not to go be good to sieze? There would be so much stuff in the shop that Magnus would want to buy and didn't need, and a lot of the time, she had trouble saying no, especially when he was ultra excited about a toy or treat, and she didn't want to hurt his feelings either. She didn't have the money to get all the things that she knew Magnus would want. With her family's monetary issues, she might not have the money to get one thing Magnus wanted, and then she'd be embarrassed to not be able to get anything, on top of the guilt she was already feeling. So, then. It couldn't exactly be awful to just check once, would it? She looked over at Rav, who was swooshing his tail and doing girly things, and smiled, rolling her eyes. "You guys go ahead..." she said, looking at Magnus, to see if he would be upset that they weren't going, "We'll find you all later. Tory wants to give Magnus, Felix, and I, a hand in 'finding' the collar," she said, hoping Tory didn't catch the sarcastic emphasis on 'finding'. "So we'll be down by the river, if any of you guys needs us." She then turned to Tory, saying, "And that means that you two can come, too, since you'd like to help out." She offered a smile, and was happy to see that Magnus' tail was wagging. He liked going down to the river. Felix just shrugged, adopting a bored expression, though Pavelle noticed he was looking around, like he was nervous. She wondered if it was the O'Connor and Tory's presence, or maybe something else that was bothering him. Whatever it was, it couldn't be important. Pavelle looked over at Cier. "I apologize for losing your collar, Cier. Maybe we'll find it, after all, and be able to return it..." saying the last sentence half-heartedly, as she turned to head back towards the park.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:"You guys go ahead...We'll find you all later. Tory wants to give Magnus, Felix, and I, a hand in 'finding' the collar, So we'll be down by the river, if any of you guys needs us. And that means that you two can come, too, since you'd like to help out."
"Ooh boy! Let's go O'Connor!" Tory squealed, flying over to O'Connor's head. The old dog sighed, then stood up, groaning as he felt his aching joints, and following the group north ((OOC: I assume that's the direction we're going)) to the river.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

'Hmm...which to go with...well...I want to stay with Minty and Pavelle...but...Rav...'

"...Hmm, guys, I think I'll move with Rav, to make sure he stays out of trouble," said Venison, walking over the bridge, past Rav. "Come. Let's get you a new bandanna."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:'Hmm...which to go with...well...I want to stay with Minty and Pavelle...but...Rav...'

"...Hmm, guys, I think I'll move with Rav, to make sure he stays out of trouble," said Venison, walking over the bridge, past Rav. "Come. Let's get you a new bandanna."

Rav errfs? cocking his head off to the side, perking up one ear, while letting the other flop.
It was now Rav's turn to be as confused as Magnus. Venison chose to stay with him? the dog that drives him crazy!?? when he could have gone with the raccoon he has more in common with.
Is he finally bonding with me, or just protecting his place with Sara by keeping an eye on her dog?
He did avoid answering "did he regret coming back an staying with an emotional dog like me".
Do i have a brother now?.. No Venison thinks he is more a human than a pet... Is he my DAD now then?
An WHY does the pink bandanna bother him so much? he doesn't have to wear it..
Arrrgh if he wasn't so hard to sit down an talk about things.. Rav's mind raced with all the possibilities.

Rav moves to heel at Venison's side.. following along as he would with a human.
Ok Dad, that sounds like a plan. Rav states before he realizes he is speaking what he was just thinking. he inner ears redden, as he hopes noone just heard that!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Keeshah wrote:"I think my mom is planning to have me made more Ummm girl like.."
Sean snickered at that. "I'm sure your mom wouldn't do something like that to you.

They turned back to the other pets.
Caelei wrote:"I apologize for losing your collar, Cier. Maybe we'll find it, after all, and be able to return it..." saying the last sentence halfheartedly, as she turned to head back towards the park.
"It's quite alright. It's not like you tried to lose it, and it was getting kind of old anyway."

They turned and began following Venison.
Last edited by ArgentFlame on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

ToastyJester wrote:"Aw that's a shame, I was enjoying hitting trees and looking. Well at least you got a replacement collar." He pauses for a second, then says, "Now what? You should probably swing by your house and see if your parents have any spare tags lying around or something."
"Well" she said scratching her neck under the collar and looking into the river "to tell you the truth I was locked away after Father got angry at me for running off last night" she stopped scratching her neck and looked back at Caroline and Jester. "I uh... escaped and walked into the woods, where I well... lost my Collar and... you know Father is already mad at me and... and..." she said frowning and looking sadly at the ground "I don't want to be locked up again like some Feral"

---Octavian---

"see you later" he said waving. Jester walked by towards Sekhmet and Caroline "Oh" he mumbled looking closer at Sasha "she has a collar now" Octavian followed Jester and listened to Sekhmets story. with a sad frown he looked at Sasha and patted her on the back "What do you think we should do now?" he asked softly but to the entire group.

what what? Jolly good time.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Rachel opened her eyes as her phone, which was sitting on the desk next to her bed, sounded the main theme of Smetana's Vltava. She looked at her digital alarm clock, also sitting on her desk to her left. It was a few minutes past 9 o'clock. She had slept in. She reached over and grabbed her phone and answered it. "Hello?"
"H...help..."

Then, silence. "Who is this?" she asked. No response. The caller had hung up on her. She checked the number that had called her- it was their neighbors' home phone number. The caller must have been Alex- it sounded like him, but she couldn't place who it was at first. And he needed help. "MATTHEW!" she yelled.

A loud *thump* could be heard from the room adjacent to hers, followed by a quick swear. "RACHEL! YOU DON'T NEED TO YELL, YOU KNOW I'M A LIGHT SLEEPER!" Matthew called, agitated by his unpleasant awakening. "Alex is in trouble," Rachel said, a bit more quietly. A moment of silence followed. "What sort of trouble?" Matthew asked. "Well, it sounded like he was in pain... he's at his house, you should probably go check on him." Rachel sighed. She knew she would be useless if she came along, and that she would only slow Matthew down. muffins and cookies, I'm just so useless with this injured leg.~

Matthew hurriedly put on his collar, and pulled the first aid kit out from under his bed. It had to be something urgent, judging by Rachel's tone. He quickly ran down the stairs and out of the front door of the house. He ran to Alex' house and rapped on the front door quickly. He tapped his foot impatiently for a few seconds when he realized that if Alex was the only one home, and he was severely injured, he wouldn't be able to answer the door. Duh. He tried to open the door to find that it was unlocked. He slowly pushed the door open, and took a few steps inside the house. "Is anyone home?" he called, looking around. He saw some broken glass on the floor to his right; intrigued, he walked into the room, carefully avoiding the bits of glass on the ground.

He gasped slightly to see Alex lying on the floor, with blood smeared on the ground around his head. Matthew ran towards the sink, still being careful to avoid the glass on the ground, and set his first aid kit on the counter. He pulled out two small towels, and ran one of them under warm water in the sink. He poured a bit of rubbing alcohol onto the moist towel. Matthew hurried back over to Alex and knelt by him. "This might hurt a bit," he warned. He began to wipe the injured area of Alex' head with the damp cloth, careful to remove any debris or glass and thoroughly clean the wound. "Alex, what happened here?" Matthew asked, setting the towel aside, and holding the dry one against his head.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle waved good-bye at the group of pets as she walked with O'Connor, Magnus, Felix, and Tory towards the park. She wondered, silently, how long she would be looking for the collar, but did it really matter? Like she had thought earlier, she really had nothing important to do today. She was planning on going to check out that gym, with Felix and apparently some other pets too, maybe, but she could do that later, or tomorrow, if necessary.

They made it to the park in a short while, and then headed towards the river. Pavelle hoped the brisk pace wasn't too much for O'Connor; he was, truthfully, the oldest dog she had ever seen. Then again, she had never really been too social, and a lot of the people moving in around had brought relatively young pets. And he wasn't that old, at least she didn't think so. She peered at him, but was unable to guess his age. Older than Magnus, and Rav, by a bit, right? Ah, well. And then Tory was the opposite: seemingly young. She recognized this fact, and was sort of surprised that she seemed to get along alright with Tory. Normally, she disliked kids. Too loud, too annoying, and way too disgusting with all their nasty little habits that they hadn't grown out of. Even pups/kittens were normally too much for her to bear; she did enough baby-sitting in one day, with Magnus, than she preferred already. So she didn't like hanging out with kids. But Tory was an exception, apparently. After their emotional introduction, she actually felt better towards him than she probably would have normally.

Pavelle suddenly realized that nobody was talking, and she wanted to avoid awkward situations as much as possible. She cleared her throat, but was cleared of having to figure out a subject, when Magnus randomly said, with a hint of hushed excitement in his tone, "Ben-u-to, Tory? Have you ever been swimming?" He wasn't quite bright enough to understand that Tory, the cardinal, was a bird, and probably couldn't swim at all. Felix looked at O'Connor without intrest, though he did flick an ear in that direction, paying attention for any surprising detail the conversation could dig up. Of course, it may lead to nothing, but it was always good to gather information.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke sat on his bed gazing out the window "Today was...eventful" he thought to himself "I hope tomorrow is too" he smiled and began to sing to himself "Won't you play a simple melody. Like my mother sang to me"
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:"Ben-u-to, Tory? Have you ever been swimming?"
O'Connor glanced up at Magnus' question. Instantly, a million different thoughts from his passed popped up in his head. "Swemmin', eh? Aye, a fiew tuimes. Back when Ah lived in Sco'lahnd, 'bout fifteh years ago, en dawg yeares, mah ownere ahnd meh went to the beach a couple o' tuimes. Bu' tha' wuz bahck when Ah was a pup."
"Huh, swimming? What's that?" Tory piqued.
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

After a while, Mai got bored sitting on the top of Rav's barn. Sure, the view was awesome, but it became boring soon. She carefully climbed down and started walking again. No pets came across her way yet. The town seemed empty. Most of them were probably still asleep. Without even noticing, her legs started walking towards the bridge (The left one), near Pyxis' house.

Barely conscious, Alex' ears picked up the sound of the frond door opening. By now, the lying on cold, wet tiles while being cold before made him shaking. With his eyes closed, he was startled that someone started doing something on his head. Something painful. However, there wasn't enough energy in him to back off. Finally, the person was done.
Matthew wrote:Alex, what happened here?
It was Matt. Why didn't Rachel show up? Well, this wasn't the time to think about that. With all his strength left, Alex managed to lift himself off the floor, and climb on the chair. His entire body was shaking, so his arms were around the stomach, but it didn't help much. The fever was horrible. Cold water was dripping from his belly down on his legs, making it only worse.
M-Matt.... towel... please.....
His words were followed by uncontrollable coughing. If this continues, they'll have to call a vet. But it's not like this hasn't happened before. Alex was always very sensible when it came to illnesses, and he was cold before, too, but the accident with the water made it much worse. While still shaking, he shrunk on the chair as much as he could, putting his knees on the stomach, and arms around them. Hopefully Matthew will grab the hair dryer from the bathroom, too, if he decides to get the towel in the first place.
Last edited by Alex on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

caelei

Post by caelei »

"Swemmin', eh? Aye, a fiew tuimes. Back when Ah lived in Sco'lahnd, 'bout fifteh years ago, mah ownere ahnd meh went to the beach a couple o' tuimes. Bu' tha' wuz bahck when Ah was a pup."
Pavelle was surprised. Fifty human years? She hadn't been around for half of that! She tried not to seem too astounded, but she really was. She couldn't fathom all of the things he must have done in that time. He probably had a lot of great experiences.
"Huh, swimming? What's that?" Tory piqued.
Magnus felt his mouth drop open in astonishment. "What?" he asked incredulously, eyebrows raised dramatically high, though unintentionally. "You don't know... swimming?" He couldn't imagine not knowing what swimming was. He felt a strange sensation, one he had never felt before, warming across the inside of his chest. What was it? And then he realized that he was proud of himself. He had known something someone else hadn't! This was a first! He wondered if smart people felt like this all of the time. It felt pretty good. Like you were important. He smiled widely. "Swimming is in the water. You get in. And then you move your arms and legs. And you float. And then you swim," he said, still feeling vaguely proud, even though his explanation hadn't been all that good.
Last edited by caelei on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Buckdida wrote:'Hmm...which to go with...well...I want to stay with Minty and Pavelle...but...Rav...'

Lucky chuckles a little. "Yeah, I'm with you Venison. After all I'm the one who lives over there, I know the way to the pet store." He begins walking with them, rolling his eyes but laughing a little at Rav's behavior.
Last edited by Kalvin on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn watches as the group walks away and motions for Pyxis to follow him as he stealthily and quickly goes down to the side and underside of the bridge. Without a word he starts jumping from stone to stone across the water. Just before he makes it to the other side though, there is a slight surge in the water level (for reasons unknown, for the sake of being unlucky) which causes him to slip and fall into the water with a loud splash. It's still only knee high for pets but that's enough for him to be soaked when he comes up out of the water gasping for air.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

"Here, hold this against the wound, and don't dab at it. We're trying to stop the bleeding," Matthew instructed after Alex sat in the chair, handing him the dry cloth.
Alex wrote:M-Matt.... towel... please.....
"Ummm, sure. Where's the bathroom?" Matthew asked.

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex was aware that Matt said something, but what exactly? His eyes caught Matthew's arm reaching out, but his arm just wouldn't move, because if it moved, part of his chests wouldn't be covered, and that would be a bad thing.
Matthew wrote:Ummm, sure. Where's the bathroom?
That was a good question. Where is the bathroom? Alex was getting dizzy again. Bathroom, bathroom.... wasn't there one upstairs? Yes, yes, there was one, just for the two cats. Mom and dad would never go in there, except for cleaning, but Mai gets most of the job done. What door was it again? His eyes closed, while trying to remember. It was the closest door to his room... or is that Mai's room? No, her room is connected with his, but then again, that would make the door to her room the closest. Unless....
Upstairs... *sniff* Across the door of my room... *Cough*
Having his eyes closed was really nice, for a change. Maybe Alex could sleep just a little on the chair.... Just a little.....
Finally, he fell unconscious, his body tilted towards the table, which prevented it to fall down on the floor.
Richarson Valley

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Rav moves to heel at Venison's side.. following along as he would with a human.
Ok Dad, that sounds like a plan. Rav states before he realizes he is speaking what he was just thinking. he inner ears redden, as he hopes noone just heard that!
Venison was preoccupied, leaning over the bridge, looking at the water bellow. 'These dreams sure love to bug me. Fill the lake. muffins and cookies, my dreams like to mess with me. They should know that I'm not good with symbolism...'

"...What Rav? I was actually preoccupied for once and I didn't hear..."
Kalvin wrote:Lucky chuckles a little. "Yeah, I'm with you Venison. After all I'm the one who lives over there, I know the way to the pet store." He begins walking with them, rolling his eyes but laughing a little at Rav's behavior.
Venison looked up from the water, and turned to go. "Yes, let's go. Led the way."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote: Lucky chuckles a little. "Yeah, I'm with you Venison. After all I'm the one who lives over there, I know the way to the pet store." He begins walking with them, rolling his eyes but laughing a little at Rav's behavior.

Rav swishes extravagantly down the other side of the bridge, as he hears all the giggling going on behind him..
argentFlame wrote:Sean snickered at that. "I'm sure your mom wouldn't do something like that to you.
i think i'm happy to hear that! by the way, I'm called Rav, an who might you be? I don't believe we've met before have we?
buckdida wrote:Venison was preoccupied, leaning over the bridge, looking at the water bellow. 'These dreams sure love to bug me. Fill the lake. muffins and cookies, my dreams like to mess with me. They should know that I'm not good with symbolism...'

"...What Rav? I was actually preoccupied for once and I didn't hear..."
I said, Ok! sounds like a plan!! ......dad exclaims rav, before letting the end trail off into a mumble..
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Alex wrote:Upstairs... *sniff* Across the door of my room... *Cough*
Matthew hurried up the stairs and quickly found the bathroom. He grabbed a towel and ran back downstairs to where Alex was... to find him unconscious on the table. "flower power," he sighed. He sat Alex back up in the chair, and carefully dragged the chair to the living room. He unfolded the towel and set it at one end of the couch, then moved Alex onto the couch with difficulty, placing his head on the towel. The bleeding seemed to be under control by now, but his head was still a mess, and Matthew did not want to ruin the couch.

Matt ran back upstairs and retrieved another towel from the bathroom... and decided to take the blow dryer, too, while he was at it. He took the blanket off of Alex' bed, and hurried back downstairs. He went to Alex and hastily dried him with the towel, then more thoroughly with the blow dryer. Matthew covered Alex with his blanket, then left to clean up the mess in the kitchen. He found the broom after a bit of searching and swept up the glass, and dried the floor with another towel.

Satisfied with his previous task, Matthew returned to the living room and sat in the chair he had brought to the room, keeping an eye on Alex.

(Blegh. Sorry about the rushed, crappy post but I didn't want to keep you waiting again.)

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Djinn wrote:Djinn watches as the group walks away and motions for Pyxis to follow him as he stealthily and quickly goes down to the side and underside of the bridge. Without a word he starts jumping from stone to stone across the water. Just before he makes it to the other side though, there is a slight surge in the water level (for reasons unknown, for the sake of being unlucky) which causes him to slip and fall into the water with a loud splash. It's still only knee high for pets but that's enough for him to be soaked when he comes up out of the water gasping for air.
Pyxis immediately facepawed, and stays hidden in a bush. looking out to Djinn making a loudest splash he had ever seen. ARG! we are supposed to be sneaky...Now I bet everyone knows we are here by now! Pyxis lowered himself as close to the ground as possible, making sure no one could see him. He wondered if Djinn was in any trouble besides the obvious...probably not, the water is pretty shallow...Pyxis decided to watch and see if he should help or not, if he was fine, then ON WITH THE MISSION!
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn begins to wade to the other side, crawling up onto land, crossing his arms and shivering. He didn't breathe in any water so all he really is is cold and wet. Then he displays the same attitude as Pyxis when he motions for him to come across to mouthing the words. "Hurry, before they see us."
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Djinn wrote:Djinn begins to wade to the other side, crawling up onto land, crossing his arms and shivering. He didn't breathe in any water so all he really is is cold and wet. Then he displays the same attitude as Pyxis when he motions for him to come across to mouthing the words. "Hurry, before they see us."
Pyxis nodded his head and dashes silently towards Djinn. (Agi 9) When he reached Djinn he dropped to the floor landing a few feet away from him. Whispering to Djinn so that no one would pay any attention to them. Hey, you alright? looking very concerned at Djinn. It wasn't a real big problem currently, but someone must have heard that splash...Pyxis' mind raced thinking about what to do. Lets find a new hiding spot and wait there, just in case someone heard that splash of yours.
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

The constant rubbing on Alex' body, and the hot air were enough to wake him up a little. The living room ceiling was the first thing his eyes saw, and then something was pulled over his fur. It was a blanket, pulled over him by Matt. It wasn't that cold anymore now. He turned his head, and saw the dog sitting in a chair next to the couch.
*Sniff* Matt.... you saved my life... *Sniff*...
At the moment, Alex was too sleepy to talk. His head still ached on the wound. A quiet "Thank you" came of his lips, then he curled up, stretched and petted Matt on the head, while repeating "Thank you". The dog just saved his life. Who knows what would've happened if he stayed on the kitchen floor? Better not to think about it.
Say... can you stay with me a little longer? At least until I fall asleep. I'd feel much better... You can call Rachel, too, if she won't continue to sleep.... And sorry for waking you both up....
The words were followed by him returning to his lying position on the couch. Despite him being warm again under the blanket, after the work of the blow dryer, something still felt wrong. His tongue touched his lips while trying to remember what was wrong... And then his brain kicked in! Thirst. The reason all of this happened in the first place.
Uh, Matt..... could you... get me a glass of water? Please?
His face turned into a puppy-eyes expression. It would really be horrible if he'd have to get up and get it himself. It could end badly again, too.
Richarson Valley

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

ZEKE GET HELP!" he heard a call from below "Whats wrong" he came to the top of the stairs and saw what was wrong "Ahhh" he ran and and slid down the gutter that was next to his window and ran further down the street "HELP!!" he called "SOMEBODY PLEASE!!" he began to tear up
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester and Caroline listen to Sasha's tale of woe and give sympathetic looks. Jester looks away embarrassed at having been the one to bring it up and says, "Ah sorry to hear that." Jester begins to list a few things they could do to pass the time, and while he says those things, Caroline turns her attention to the river where she hears a loud splash. She shrugs and figures it's just some other pets fooling around, after all, so far today at least three pets had been in that river. She turns back to Jester, who's finishing up a list of activities. "...Then there's always dumpster diving, or we could dig some holes, or we could throw eggs down from the roof of the theater, or..." Caroline stops him and says, "Why don't we try and get Sasha a tag or something. You know, so she doesn't get caught or something while we do something normal?" Jester sighs and says, "Yeah I guess that's the best thing. Maybe in the dumpsters?" Caroline glares at Jester and just says, "Octavian you got any ideas?"
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:"What? You don't know... swimming? Swimming is in the water. You get in. And then you move your arms and legs. And you float. And then you swim."
"Um, floating? I don't know about floating, but I guess I've been swimming before."
As they approached the river, Tory jumped off Magnus' head and flew to the river, crying, "Here, I'll show you!"
He landed in a shallow area and began splashing the water all over himself like he was cleaning himself. "My momma calls it bathing, but is this swimming?"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Alex wrote:*Sniff* Matt.... you saved my life... *Sniff*... A quiet "Thank you" came of his lips, then he curled up, stretched and petted Matt on the head, while repeating "Thank you".
"Don't mention it, it was nothing," Matthew said modestly. He sat there awkwardly as the cat reached up and petted him; he wasn't used to physical intimacy, especially with other pets.
Alex wrote:Say... can you stay with me a little longer? At least until I fall asleep. I'd feel much better... You can call Rachel, too, if she won't continue to sleep.... And sorry for waking you both up.... ...Uh, Matt..... could you... get me a glass of water? Please?
His face turned into a puppy-eyes expression. It would really be horrible if he'd have to get up and get it himself. It could end badly again, too.
"Hmm? Oh, sure, no problem," he said, retrieving a glass from the kitchen, filling it with water and bringing it to Alex. "I wasn't planning on leaving you, anyways. It's always nice to have some company, especially given your condition."

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Alex

Post by Alex »

Matthew wrote:I wasn't planning on leaving you, anyways. It's always nice to have some company, especially given your condition.
Alex drank some of the water, and gave the half empty glass to Matthew, while pointing to the table, asking him to leave it there.
Th-thanks.... you're a really good friend... *Sniff*
He changed his position on the couch, to a half-seated one, in order to have a better look on the dog. It was harder to keep the blanket over the shoulders, so it was starting to get cold again, but much less than before. It was bearable.
I just wonder where mom is.... This wouldn't have happened if she was around. Oh, maybe I slept too long.... What's the time? She goes to work at half past nine.
Richarson Valley

Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Alex wrote:I just wonder where mom is.... This wouldn't have happened if she was around. Oh, maybe I slept too long.... What's the time? She goes to work at half past nine.
"Oh, it's about a quarter 'til ten, so she's probably already left." Matthew takes the glass from Alex and set it on the table he indicated. He began to fidget a little after a few minutes past with no occurrence. "Hey, do you mind if I go get Rachel? She's kind of stuck in her room, and I think she would appreciate being able to get out."

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Alex

Post by Alex »

Matthew wrote:Hey, do you mind if I go get Rachel? She's kind of stuck in her room, and I think she would appreciate being able to get out.
Yeah, sure, go get her... The more the merrier, as Mai would say...
Alex watched Matthew leave, before turning around to lie on his stomach, which was his usual sleeping position. For some reason, he was so tired. Spending the night out, the sickness and the lack of sleep last night did this to him. While closing his eyes, he was wondering how strays manage to live. If their every night is like his last night, then it would be impossible for him to live as a stray. Slowly, his mind drifted away..... Half asleep, his mind was attacked by the memories of what happened right now. Going down the stairs, entering the kitchen, falling down.... And then, Matthew appeared in his mind, causing him to wake up. He can't fall asleep. Matthew will return soon with Rachel, and if they find him sleeping, they'll just head home. But they can't just come over, can they? Not without any drinks, at least. Carefully, he removed the blanket, and stood up, while holding himself onto the couch, to avoid falling down again, until the dizziness was gone. Alex made his way to the kitchen, and grabbed two glasses, a bowl, a large chips and a full bottle of orange juice. The tiles were cold yet again, and the things were hard to carry. Somehow, he made it back to the living room, very carefully, put down the things on the table, and climbed back on the couch, covering himself with the blanket as soon as possible. Luckily, nothing happened.
Richarson Valley

caelei

Post by caelei »

"Um, floating? I don't know about floating, but I guess I've been swimming before."
"Here, I'll show you! My momma calls it bathing, but is this swimming?"
Magnus stared at Tory for a second. He had never seen anyone swim like that... and then the word "bathing" registered on his thoughts, and he gave out a short laugh. "No, not bathing! Swimming. Like this." And then he carefully waded past the small bird into deeper water, before starting a quick backstroke. He stopped after a second, then said, "See, like that. You float and kick your legs and move your arms. And don't forget to come up to breathe if your head goes under." He remembered making that mistake once, and choking on water for nearly an hour, trying to clear it from his throat and lungs. He grimaced. "Bad things happen if you don't breathe the right stuff."

Pavelle and Felix, meanwhile, started simultaneously looking around for the collar, just giving a systematic glance here and there, hoping to spot it on the ground or at the edge of the river. Felix, however, kept glancing at the water, looking at it almost longingly. He actually liked to swim, and didn't want to miss out on the fun. Of course, the water could still be cool. Magnus and Tory didn't seem to notice, but Magnus wasn't a good judge of really anything, including temperature, and Tory had water-proofed outer feathers that might help protect him from the chill.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

ToastyJester wrote:\"Octavian you got any ideas?"
Octavian shrugged "Well, we could see if either of us have any spare tags to use. like we could take ours off now, think up an excuse and then go back to grab the spares?..." he sighed and patted Sasha on the back, who almost flinched away "You have any other ideas?" he asked looking at Caroline.

what what? Jolly good time.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Having finally arrived at the pet shop with Lucky, Cier, Sean an Venison, Rav goes starry eyed up an down the Isles like a dog in a butcher shop!..

Look at all the fun stuff in here! they must have everything!!
Look squeeky bones! You wanna fight over a squeeky bone Venison?

Rav excitedly barks, he tail wildly wagging.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky stepped forward holding his hands leveled at Rav. "Calm down, calm down. The owner here lets just pets in as long as they can stay calm." He winces a little at the thought of what he might have done.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:"No, not bathing! Swimming. Like this. See, like that. You float and kick your legs and move your arms. And don't forget to come up to breathe if your head goes under. Bad things happen if you don't breathe the right stuff."
"Ummmm......ok. let me try." Tory jumped into the deeper water and began to thrash around in an attempt to imitate Magnus. Unfortunately, the lack of elbows and knees caused him to just end up rolling and spinning in place. The splashing water all around caused him to panic, and he tried to fly off. However, he ran into a rock and fell back into the water. Chirping out of fright, he jumped out of the water again and landed on a log. "I don't like swimming!" He cried at Magnus.
Suddenly, the log came free from the bank of the river and started flowing south. Tory freaked out again, and flew over to O'Connor, landing on his head and burying himself in the dog's fur. "The river is dangerous!" came out from the crown of O'Connor's head, muffled by the fur.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier and Sean followed the group to the pet store. They entered and Cier headed straight for the shelf with the collars on it while Sean wandered around, looking over the various pet products. Cier looked over the Collars for while before spotting one that resembled his old one. He heard someone walk up behind him and looked back to see Sean standing there. "Sean, why don't you pick out a collar and tag, that way you won't have to take mine next time you go out. Don't worry about money, I'll pay for it." Sean began looking, and eventually picked out a black collar and a tag that was just a silver circle. They made their way to the counter and Cier payed for the collars and tags. They then turned back into the store and began wandering, waiting for the others to finish.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
caelei

Post by caelei »

"Ummmm......ok. let me try.
I don't like swimming! The river is dangerous!"
Magnus' ears went back, and he sloshed up out of the water to O'Connor, peering at the top of his head, and, of course, at Tory. "Sorry," he whined, tail tucked. "Thought you could swim good." It hadn't occured to him before that Tory wouldn't be able to swim. He looked, almost reproachfully, back at the water. Pavelle paused in her searching for a moment to glance at Magnus and the others.

"Doesn't seem like too much harm was done..." she said hesitantly, careful not to accidentally offend Tory. Or O'Connor. She added a more joking tone to her words. "Good thing Tory had the mind to jump onto that log and use it as a raft." She turned and looked through a bunch of taller grass at the edge of the water. Reeds. She combed her fingers through them, pulling them aside carefully, without uprooting them, seeing if the collar had somehow gotten lodged in between them near the river. Felix, meanwhile, had climbed a nearby tree, trying to get a better view of his surroundings. He looked at the ground, but couldn't see anything remotely related to a collar. What was the point of doing this, anyway? Now that he thought about it, it didn't make sense for him to be looking for the collar, did it? Why was he helping the stray? It was arguable that he was really helping Cier, but, to Felix, he was helping both, and after this morning, what with fighting and racing Sean, it didn't make sense to try to help him. With that thought, he relaxed a little, leaning back on the branches, idly playing with a couple of the budding leaves ((early spring, right?)). He yawned, blinking his eyes closed for a moment tiredly. A rare expression of calm danced over his face, stealing some of the ever-present tension.

Magnus stared at Pavelle for a couple heartbeats after she finished talking, confusion proliferating over his features. What had she said? Raft? What was that? A log? But a log is a log, or, if you thought about it, part of a tree. He had never heard of 'raft' before. He cocked his head. "...What's a raft?"
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:Magnus' ears went back, and he sloshed up out of the water to O'Connor, peering at the top of his head, and, of course, at Tory. "Sorry," he whined, tail tucked. "Thought you could swim good." It hadn't occured to him before that Tory wouldn't be able to swim. He looked, almost reproachfully, back at the water. Pavelle paused in her searching for a moment to glance at Magnus and the others.
"E's fuine, Mahgnus, Toreh's naw' enjered, 'e's jes' rathere unluckeh," O'Connor said, trying to comfort Magnus.
caelei wrote:"Doesn't seem like too much harm was done..." she said hesitantly, careful not to accidentally offend Tory. Or O'Connor. She added a more joking tone to her words. "Good thing Tory had the mind to jump onto that log and use it as a raft." She turned and looked through a bunch of taller grass at the edge of the water. Reeds. She combed her fingers through them, pulling them aside carefully, without uprooting them, seeing if the collar had somehow gotten lodged in between them near the river. Felix, meanwhile, had climbed a nearby tree, trying to get a better view of his surroundings. He looked at the ground, but couldn't see anything remotely related to a collar. What was the point of doing this, anyway? Now that he thought about it, it didn't make sense for him to be looking for the collar, did it? Why was he helping the stray? It was arguable that he was really helping Cier, but, to Felix, he was helping both, and after this morning, what with fighting and racing Sean, it didn't make sense to try to help him. With that thought, he relaxed a little, leaning back on the branches, idly playing with a couple of the budding leaves ((early spring, right?)). He yawned, blinking his eyes closed for a moment tiredly. A rare expression of calm danced over his face, stealing some of the ever-present tension.

Magnus stared at Pavelle for a couple heartbeats after she finished talking, confusion proliferating over his features. What had she said? Raft? What was that? A log? But a log is a log, or, if you thought about it, part of a tree. He had never heard of 'raft' before. He cocked his head. "...What's a raft?"
"A rahft es a grup o' logs tuied tegether tha' cahn float on watere. It was often used buy farmeres durin' the eighteen 'undreds."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav scampers off before Venison can answer, exploring this huge store.. The tools an machine/tractor parts area didn't interest him much. OoOooo neet! He barks, as he looks at all shiny belt buckles, the hoses, buckets, brooms, troughs. he pricks his finger on some rolls of barbed wire, as he trotted through the hardware aisles.Owww
Rav gets shooed out of the Veterinary medical an tools area, (cat nip is kept there as well).
But i was just looking at the ear tags, i wasn't going to actually tag anyones ear.....really...trust mee
Kalvin wrote:Lucky stepped forward holding his hands leveled at Rav. "Calm down, calm down. The owner here lets just pets in as long as they can stay calm." He winces a little at the thought of what he might have done.

Ok ok.. I'll try.. but there is just Soooo much to see in here!! so much stuff for all different kinds of pets.Rav exclaims, Wagging his excitedly still as he walks escorted by Lucky now.
They wandered through the clothing dept. Hmmm should we get some pants or something like Venison wears? look like a farmer in these.
Next they went down the the feed aisle, Dog chow, cat chow, sheep chow, ferret chow, horse feed.Rav names off, as they go bye them on the shelves.

Saddles, and reins, and bridles oh my!.. an hoof picks too. as they go up yet another aisle, meeting back up with a foot tapping Venison..
Rav lays back his ears..Umm hi.. ah hey how about fighting over that squeeky bone now?