Worst songs

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Worst songs

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:Because when you have a whole decade or two to choose from you can weed out the crap. If you have a month or whatever the current stations tend to use, you're going to get a lot more terrible and faddy songs.
Like "Waiting for the End."
*Shudders*
"The Catalyst" was better, even though it had more effects, and was more repetitive.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Tha Housedog wrote:
yoyodude wrote:I think pretty much anything on the radio these days is garbage.
Pretty much. Now go find a 80s, 90s, or 00s station and it'll be better.
Where i live there is a Radio Station called Color 96, that only put from 90's to 60's music.
Is the only radio station that i hear :mrgreen:
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I listen to a mainstream rock station (classic and harder rock, some heavy metal, and tragically Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman and new Green Day on occasion), and a '70s and '80s station. We used to have a classical station but it got bought out and changed to another genre so I don't listen to it anymore.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Tha Housedog wrote: Like "Waiting for the End."
*Shudders*
That's my favourite song on that album.
"The Catalyst" was better, even though it had more effects, and was more repetitive.
And this is my least favourite song on the album. I like it and all, but I don't much like repetition, and there's only a mild amount of changes between verses.

I honestly think you're looking through rose-tinted nostalgia goggles. In terms of "deepness," Linkin Park has been getting much better at it. As for affects, they used them before and it's probably due to their electronica influence.
Last edited by Senator_Sunburst on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote: Like "Waiting for the End."
*Shudders*
That's my favourite song on that album.
Tha Housedog wrote:"The Catalyst" was better, even though it had more effects, and was more repetitive.
And this is my least favourite song on the album. I like it and all, but I don't much like repetition, and there's only a mild amount of changes between verses.

I honestly think you're looking through rose-tinted nostalgia goggles. In terms of "deepness," Linkin Park has been getting much better at it. As for affects, they used them before and it's probably due to their electronica influence.
Maybe so. I wish Hybrid Theory would return. Oh well.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I wish that style would come back too, but only because I liked it and nothing more. I like their current style too. Ideally they'd put out a thousand albums and I wouldn't have to wont for anything.

I mean honestly I used to be the biggest LP fan in the world, and I still do like them a lot. But I never, ever, considered their lyrics to be "deep" or their music "powerful" pre-Minutes to Midnight.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I wish that style would come back too, but only because I liked it and nothing more. I like their current style too. Ideally they'd put out a thousand albums and I wouldn't have to wont for anything.

I mean honestly I used to be the biggest LP fan in the world, and I still do like them a lot. But I never, ever, considered their lyrics to be "deep" or their music "powerful" pre-Minutes to Midnight.
...Same. Nonstalgia is ugly. But I liked the heavier stuff, while the newer stuff hits home.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Blondies.

Yes, all of them and their songs. You may know them as "Lady Gaga clones", but the phenomenon of blonde woman making shallow pop crap is not a new one. Case in point: Gwen Stefani (anyone remembering her?). Truth to be told, the latest batch seems more to be clones of her than Gaga, especially since Gaga is actually good at making music.
Senator_Sunburst wrote:I know I'm really late here, but in what sense was anything Linkin Park wrote pre-Minutes to Midnight "Powerful Music?" I liked it. It wasn't "powerful" except maybe Breaking the Habit, I suppose.
I just didn't want to write "barnstorming", because barnstorming sounds dumb.

Yeah, their post-MtM stuff is vapid, half-murmured pop electronica mishmash nonetheless.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Sleet wrote:Here's a Wired article on a song that was systematically designed to be unpleasant to as many people as possible. It's quite awful, but it's hilarious. It's a good 22 minutes, however, so it takes some dedication.
Is it bad that I love this song so much that I have listened to it twice so far today..?
GRAMMA'S ON DA PHONE
GO AND TELLER DAT YOU LOVER
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not at all. I love it too and have listened to it many times too. But by conventional standards, it is terrible.

HEY EVERYBODY! IT'S RAMADAN!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Sleet wrote:Not at all. I love it too and have listened to it many times too. But by conventional standards, it is terrible.

HEY EVERYBODY! IT'S RAMADAN!
As of this posting, I've now heard it three times. I can't decide whether it's the last "inspirational" segment, the opera singer, or Wal-Mart that keeps me coming back.

(LOTS OF PRAYING
WITH NO BREAKFAST)
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think the tuba opera rap is definitely one of the "low" points, though the political messages random political buzzwords shouted through a megaphone give it a run for its money.

Ramadan, so much fun!
Do all your shopping... At Wal-Mart!
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

The only recent bands that I like are Green day and Supergrass. Other than that I think that music became a product (which meant that quality doesn't matter) in the late eighties.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Theres this song all the radio all the time that repeats the same two words for like 3 minutes, "barbra streisand", it's so annnoying...
Kylar
Location: In the marmalade forest, between the make believe trees

Post by Kylar »

Here are some bad ones

1)Brokencyde - Freaxxx
2)B4-4 -Get Down
3)Speak - stop the War
4)The Devil Wears Prada - SpongeBob Grindpants

They're terrible, but funny in a sick way.
Last edited by Kylar on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

I hate every single song of Reggeaton...
I CAN'T TOLERATE IT!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Russiarules1 wrote:I hate every single song of Reggeaton...
I CAN'T TOLERATE IT!
I support this.
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
FancySkunk

Post by FancySkunk »

Liam wrote:Blondies.

Yes, all of them and their songs. You may know them as "Lady Gaga clones", but the phenomenon of blonde woman making shallow pop crap is not a new one. Case in point: Gwen Stefani (anyone remembering her?). Truth to be told, the latest batch seems more to be clones of her than Gaga, especially since Gaga is actually good at making music.
But if you go back far enough, you'll actually get to Blondie... who's actually good. :P
Skunks make good pets too, you know. :3
To heavily edit Brian Setzer, "Striped skunk strut, I'm a ladies skunk, a musky Cassonova, man I ain't no punk!"

Avatar by OfficerBadger on FurAffinity (Uncropped)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's what I thought too when I first read that. X3
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Heh, now that I remember, Blondie was the name of Hitler's dog.
And going back to the main subject, I still hate Reggeaton.
Queen, The Beatles, AC/DC, Weird Al Yankovic and others just kick a... uh, tails...
They are so awesome.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!