Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

AnimeNerd88

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

You know what? Forget what I said before. Go with what Douglas said.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Man, it's been a little over a week! Sorry about that guys, last week was pretty busy, and I also had to suddenly answer A LOT of questions for people. Try'n ta make sure this happens as little as possible. :roll:

-----------
SuperStar wrote:...the heck is on top of the bookshelf. Ask Echo if he remembers what that is.

You notice the thing at the top of the shelf. You remember that not too long ago, Dad brought it home. When you asked him and Mom about it, they said it was VERY dangerous, and that none of you should ever touch it. At the time, you took this as something you shouldn't question. They kept it in their room, and you never saw it after that. Well, until now that is...

Bravo: Hey Echo, what's that thing at the top of the shelf again? I know Dad said it was dangerous but do you know why?

Echo: Er... I'da know. I think I saw a cowboy use one in that one movie I saw Mom and Dad watching on TV. Maybe it's some kind of gun? I've never seen one that was that long though, so maybe not...
Saturn381 wrote:I'd say ask about the bookshelf.
Hm... bookshelf's been pretty empty lately. Not a book in sight!
HellishK9 wrote:Yes, what is on the shelf?
Seems there was something on the wall over the couch (another painting)?
Ask them if they know about the two things.

Bravo: (Oh yeah, that's where Dad's painting used to be. He ended up selling it recently, he was a bit sad when he left, but when he came back he seemed pretty relieved. What did it look like again?)
SuperStar wrote:Also the lamp is flickering. Just ask about everything. Everything.

As you think, you can't help but notice the lamp flickering right next to the spot where the painting used to be. You didn't notice any problem with the downstairs lights when you were upstairs, was it even flickering then? First the hallway light, now this one? This doesn't seem normal...
Douglas Collier wrote:Continue on to dinner, get complimented on promptness of following commands to increase mental status, and then ask Mother about the flickering light, the gun on the bookshelf, and the missing painting. Get answers from Mother, who probably knows best.
Before you spend any more time in the living room, you stop and remember that you have to go get dinner! Plus if anyone would know about this stuff, it'd be Mom! Dad always said she knew best after all. You do not inspect the living room any further, and progress to the kitchen.

As the three of you walk over to the Kitchen, a pleasant aroma catches your noses as you get closer. Upon entering, you're all surprised at what you see!

A bowl of mash potatoes, steamed carrots, and a whole Turkey!? This is the nicest food you've seen in a while! Your personal favorite is the Mashed Potatoes.

Bravo: WHOOOOOA!

Charlie: WOW! Look at all the food guys! This looks great Mom'n Dad!

Echo: Yeah, it... really is a lot of food! How did we get this? Is everything... okay now?

Dad: Don't you worry about that, everything will be fine. We've been saving up to give you guys a special treat, we couldn't expect you to go through all this hardship without getting a little relief!

Mom: Go ahead, eat up you three! You deserve this.

Charlie&Bravo: Thank you!

--Response--
1.Ask about the thing on the shelf
2.Ask about Dad's painting
3.Ask about the lights
4.Stay Silent
5.Compliment Food
6.Inspect something
7.Talk to Echo
8.Talk to Charlie
9.Change character
10.Improvise
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Option 1: Ask about the thing on the shelf.

If Dad said it was very dangerous, why is it out?
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going with option 3.
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

10. Improvise
I'd ask about the food. Maybe in some insensitively innocent way about how we managed to acquire a whole turkey.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Well, time to go all out Sherlock Holmes with this.
*Puts on detective uniform, smoke pipe and clears throat*

This reeks of Mum and Dad being in debt to the wrong side of the Loan business. Think about it, most of their belongings have been sold to try and pay off either a Federal Debt, or one where it's their very lives on the line. Think about it, that would explain where there's a rifle/shotgun on the shelf, and Echo seems to know this too as he asks "Is everything...okay now?" . They even refer to the moment as a "Hardship" as a way of not making the pets panic. The dad had to sell his paintings, and a large number of their belongings to pay off a debt, but it might not be enough so they went out and bought a meal to at least enjoy a last moment with them before sending them out of harm's way as it were..And take the smile on the mother's face but doesn't it seem kinda forced? She looks more exhausted than anything, so does the Dad's. They also haven't even put anything on their plates yet, so I'm thinking maybe they spiked the food with sleeping pills or such. Pretty common trick around here is to stick a pill in some leftovers you have and let your pet eat it without even knowing there's a pill in there. And if my theory is correct, as evidence supports as such, The Mum and Da are going to knock their pets out, and get them out of the house before a very nasty situation comes in the form of a Loanshark and armed thugs which will inevitably end with both of them Dead.
My Second theory is relatively the same, but that this is more or less also a "Last Meal" and the Dad knowing that Mr.Mobster and the Goon Squad are coming, but determined to defend his family. He's planning on using the firearm against the Gangsters as distraction so that his wife and pets can get outta there.
Either way, one or both of these parents are gonna end up in a shallow grave most likely and this'll be where Bravo loses a eye.

And I would like to say that if you, my fellow players were to look closer upon yonder calendar, I would be correct in my theories about there being a debt, and thus that in itself proving my theory of a violent encounter to come with supporting evidence being the firearm!
*Puffs out bubbles from the Smokepipe*

Or I could be thinking way to far into this, and the Dad just went for a spot of turkey hunting, but It's way more fun to assume the whole "In Debt to a Loanshark" situation.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

FancyHat wrote:They also haven't even put anything on their plates yet, so I'm thinking maybe they spiked the food with sleeping pills or such. Pretty common trick around here is to stick a pill in some leftovers you have and let your pet eat it without even knowing there's a pill in there. And if my theory is correct, as evidence supports as such, The Mum and Da are going to knock their pets out, and get them out of the house before a very nasty situation comes in the form of a Loanshark and armed thugs which will inevitably end with both of them Dead.
I believe this warrants further investigation. Switch Character to Echo (he seems more in touch with the oddness of the situation than the others). Sniff food before eating. Do not eat if it smells funny. Ask parents why they haven't put food on their plates.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I agree with both of the above, switch to Echo and sniff. SNIFF!
Douglas Collier

Additionally, closely monitor and take note of parents' reactions and expressions when asking them about the food. If they seem nervous, call for a discussion of what's going on.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

LA Noire reference time!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Number 5. Compliment the food first to stike a conversation and put you on their good sides, might make them more honest when you ask about everything later in the conversation. Also the window is open.
Last edited by HellishK9 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tales

Post by Tales »

I agree with douglas
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Douglas and FancyHat's ideas for the win!
-Monokuma

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dear Bahamut, y'all are dark! Most I thought of is this being a final meal before sending them away to other families as they can't afford to keep them anymore. I was thinking that their dad being able to sell the painting showed that they were able to afford something as a send-off.

I can't decide which route to take, though, so I'll finally enact this...

HINT
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Douglas Collier

HellishK9 wrote:Number 5. Compliment the food first to stike a conversation and put you on their good sides, might make them more honest when you ask about everything later in the conversation. Also the window is open.
Negative. I don't think we can take the chance that the others will start eating during pleasantries. If the food smells off, I vote we immediately stop the others from eating until we get to the bottom of this.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Negative. I don't think we can take the chance that the others will start eating during pleasantries. If the food smells off, I vote we immediately stop the others from eating until we get to the bottom of this.
Yes, that makes more sense. I'm going to restate my past decision and side with Douglas.
Douglas Collier

D-Rock wrote:Dear Bahamut, y'all are dark!
You think that's dark? The cabinet under the sink appears to be open - that's where toxic chemicals are usually kept... :?

I just noticed that it seems to be storming outside - that would explain the flickering lights. It is kind of weird that the window is open... might want to take note of that.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

If it was the storm, the rest of the lights would flicker, too.

I just noticed that the calendar says 2013. At least we know how much of a timeskip we can look forward to.
Douglas Collier

If the food smells fine, continue to ask if something is wrong - tell them that this is suspicious. Recall how people usually break bad news to people on TV by being extra nice to them.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Well, atleast people actually took my theories to heart, and I say we make sure the food isn't laced like Doug said and then examine the calendar.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I agree that it looks fishy that Mom and Dad's plates are empty, but I doubt there will be a shooting or something. xD

The idea to switch to Echo and sniff the food I support. Maybe even ask if they don't want to eat with them and if not, don't eat and stop the other from eating and ask Mom and Dad why they don't want to eat. Otherwise ask about the missing things in the house.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

It's a good thing I waited a bit for this one. It seems everyone is very divided on this matter. But alas, the majority must take the priority.
FancyHat wrote:LA Noire reference time!
It's funny you mention that, I based a lot of the interrogation scenes in this game on that system. You'll find that a lot of the tactics used in that game are used here as well (mainly just because that's just how interrogations go in general :P )

-----------------
Douglas Collier wrote:
FancyHat wrote:They also haven't even put anything on their plates yet, so I'm thinking maybe they spiked the food with sleeping pills or such. Pretty common trick around here is to stick a pill in some leftovers you have and let your pet eat it without even knowing there's a pill in there. And if my theory is correct, as evidence supports as such, The Mum and Da are going to knock their pets out, and get them out of the house before a very nasty situation comes in the form of a Loanshark and armed thugs which will inevitably end with both of them Dead.
I believe this warrants further investigation. Switch Character to Echo (he seems more in touch with the oddness of the situation than the others). Sniff food before eating. Do not eat if it smells funny. Ask parents why they haven't put food on their plates.
SuperStar wrote:I agree with both of the above, switch to Echo and sniff. SNIFF!
Douglas Collier wrote:Additionally, closely monitor and take note of parents' reactions and expressions when asking them about the food. If they seem nervous, call for a discussion of what's going on.
Tales wrote:I agree with douglas
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Douglas and FancyHat's ideas for the win!
Douglas Collier wrote:
HellishK9 wrote:Number 5. Compliment the food first to stike a conversation and put you on their good sides, might make them more honest when you ask about everything later in the conversation. Also the window is open.
Negative. I don't think we can take the chance that the others will start eating during pleasantries. If the food smells off, I vote we immediately stop the others from eating until we get to the bottom of this.

You turn to Echo, you noticed that he's seemed rather cautious since you entered the kitchen. He turns in response, and gives a quick nod "No". You decide to wait and let Echo take the initiative. You do a similar gesture to Charlie, he seems a bit more confused, but trusts that you know what you are doing...

You look to Mom and Dad. As you figured, something seems off about this situation. It all seems too good to be true. You notice that they don't have any food on their plates yet, if you didn't know any better, you'd say they're more fixated on what the three of you are doing.
FancyHat wrote:Well, atleast people actually took my theories to heart, and I say we make sure the food isn't laced like Doug said and then examine the calendar.

As you look in their direction, you take note of the calendar. It's March 18th, 2013.
Douglas Collier wrote:I just noticed that it seems to be storming outside - that would explain the flickering lights. It is kind of weird that the window is open... might want to take note of that.

You feel what seems to be a stray drop of water hit your shoulder, you look to your left and notice that the windows open. On top of that, it's raining! You guess a storm rolled up while you were playing. That explains the conveniently timed thunder at least.
Now that you think about it, that may be why the power was being all wonky. Then again, the lights in here seem fine while the living room light is flickering, and the hallway light is completely out! But what do you know about electricity, maybe the weather is just very selective?

You decide that you'd better check the food, maybe they put something in it! You remember they did that with Echo to trick him into taking some cold medicine when he was sick. You couldn't blame him for fussing though, that stuff tastes terrible!

You take a good sniff and-- WOOOOOOOW!As soon as the smell hit your nose, you couldn't help but drool a little. This smells amazing! Especially the carrots, you love carrots! You can't smell a single thing wrong with the food! If you weren't so cautious about the situation, you'd probably just scarf it down then and there!

Oh, right, the situation at hand. You're unsure what to do. If there's nothing wrong with the food, maybe it's something else. You have to find out what it is, or maybe it really is nothing?
D-Rock wrote:HINT
Before you do anything else, you think hard about what might happen depending on what you say or do. You noticed that they are paying attention to what you are doing, that means they're being just about as cautious as you. You need to find out what's going on, but you don't want to seem too suspicious. If they notice that you're pressing a bit too hard on something, they may try to stop the conversation or even get irritated. They won't tell you anything if that happens.

When questioning someone, make them think things are going their way, but try to catch them off guard. They may slip, and give you information they didn't intend to give you. Even their expressions, movements, and tone may be an indication that you are heading in the right direction.

--Response--
1)"This smells great! Come on guys, let's eat!"
2) "Say, why aren't you two eating, Mom and Dad?"
3) "I'm not really hungry..."
4) Ask about the thing on the shelf.
5) Press on the matter of how they got the food.
6) Ask to close the window.
7) Change Character
8) Improvise
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Excuse me for a moment.*runs off then comes back in a 1940s Police detective auit* Much better...

*Pulls out notebook, ink, and aquil* note to self, buy a pen..And time to check over evidence..
*Doubt*
They're up to something! Mum isn't making any form of eye contact, and it's still a strained smirk now than the smile it was a minute ago! The eyebrows are lso giving them away, as it looks more as if they are feeling guilty of something.. Ad's got that same smirk, and is tensed up.

We've knockout a powdered solution to knockout situation, so there still a chance there is a pill, as pills don't have smells usually.

Also, They're more fixated on our actions. THAT is a big bleedin' giveaway if ya ask me!

I say we question why they aren't eating. In good ol 1947 LAPD style..

Hmmpfh, I guess this also makes me the one of us taking the list of evidence we'll inevitably find throughout the game..meh, gives me somethin' to do while there's freetime.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Hm, I'd say ask to close the window. If we're the ones to close it, it would give us an opportunity to see if anything is misplaced. If one of their parents closes it, pay attention to see if they try to hide anything. Plus, no one likes rainwater in their food.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I would close the window.
Upon return maybe ask why the parents are not eating. If Echo does not like the response, improvise I guess?
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Hm...considering what has been said, it may be best to not ask why Mom and Dad are not eating yet. I'd suggest asking to close the window, then when we get back to our seat, start picking at the carrots (cutting them open). Since Echo seems to love carrots, and since there are no suspicious smells coming from the food, it's likely that if they put some kind of pills anywhere, it would be there. Possibly suggest Bravo to pick at the mashed potato since those are his favorite. Finally, ask about where in the world they got that calendar! According to that thing, February has 31 days, when it should only have 28. And there's the big gap between Sunday and Friday that don't even have days! I don't know if that's what it's like in other counties, (You got a dumb American here!) but that definetly makes zeros sense to me. (Note: I only state that last sentence because us Americans just decided to be fickle and do everything different from other countries. Please do not take offense to the things I have said.)
-Monokuma

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Ask why the parents aren't eating, but in non-obvious way. Not like "Why aren't you eating?" Morel like, "Wow, this looks so good, aren't you gonna take any?"
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I say we ask about the thing on the shelf.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Finally, ask about where in the world they got that calendar! According to that thing, February has 31 days, when it should only have 28. And there's the big gap between Sunday and Friday that don't even have days! I don't know if that's what it's like in other counties, (You got a dumb American here!) but that definetly makes zeros sense to me. (Note: I only state that last sentence because us Americans just decided to be fickle and do everything different from other countries. Please do not take offense to the things I have said.)
Oh, you're right! That makes no sense at all! Stupid online calendars, I was trying to be as accurate as possible :lol: I'll fix that when I get home, the order of the calendar isn't the important part, that's just me using bad reference images :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Douglas Collier

I vote we immediately go close the window without asking (don't give parents chance to do anything about it). Look outside for anything suspicious before closing the window. Then stall by starting a conversation - ask parents how they're doing.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

I second Doug's actions.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Douglas Collier

If our parents want to close the window themselves, use the excuse that you needed to wash your paws anyway. Motion your head toward your parents as a signal to Bravo to start a conversation. (I should add, use the chair to reach the window). After closing the window, take some time to casually steal a glance and a sniff at what's in the sink cabinet as you look for some soap. Then wash your paws (taking more time to look out the window) before returning to your seat and joining the conversation.

Act as casual as possible.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Douglas Collier wrote:I vote we immediately go close the window without asking (don't give parents chance to do anything about it). Look outside for anything suspicious before closing the window. Then stall by starting a conversation - ask parents how they're doing.
Douglas Collier wrote:If our parents want to close the window themselves, use the excuse that you needed to wash your paws anyway. Motion your head toward your parents as a signal to Bravo to start a conversation. (I should add, use the chair to reach the window). After closing the window, take some time to casually steal a glance and a sniff at what's in the sink cabinet as you look for some soap. Then wash your paws (taking more time to look out the window) before returning to your seat and joining the conversation.

Act as casual as possible.
Make a Charisma (Deception) check and an Intelligence (Insight) check!

I don't have any better ideas right now, so eh, why not?

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Does Echo still have The Force in his inventory? I think so... Use it to close the window. xD

In case that will not work, just get up and close the window yourself. Use that to check if there's anything suspicious. ON the way back Echo can carefully ask why they don't eat anything themself - in a very casual way.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

1.6.4.7.2. In that order. Switch to Charlie. 8-)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
TwoManyTwos

Post by TwoManyTwos »

Ask to close the window. Make sure that Charlie stays away from that window by any means necessary. The odds of his fatality or capture increase if he's near that window.
Rise, my army of mangos, and ruin their cleanliness!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:Hm, I'd say ask to close the window. If we're the ones to close it, it would give us an opportunity to see if anything is misplaced. If one of their parents closes it, pay attention to see if they try to hide anything. Plus, no one likes rainwater in their food.
HellishK9 wrote:I would close the window.
Upon return maybe ask why the parents are not eating. If Echo does not like the response, improvise I guess?
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Hm...considering what has been said, it may be best to not ask why Mom and Dad are not eating yet. I'd suggest asking to close the window, then when we get back to our seat, start picking at the carrots (cutting them open). Since Echo seems to love carrots, and since there are no suspicious smells coming from the food, it's likely that if they put some kind of pills anywhere, it would be there. Possibly suggest Bravo to pick at the mashed potato since those are his favorite. Finally, ask about where in the world they got that calendar! According to that thing, February has 31 days, when it should only have 28. And there's the big gap between Sunday and Friday that don't even have days! I don't know if that's what it's like in other counties, (You got a dumb American here!) but that definetly makes zeros sense to me. (Note: I only state that last sentence because us Americans just decided to be fickle and do everything different from other countries. Please do not take offense to the things I have said.)
Render wrote:Does Echo still have The Force in his inventory? I think so... Use it to close the window. xD

In case that will not work, just get up and close the window yourself. Use that to check if there's anything suspicious. ON the way back Echo can carefully ask why they don't eat anything themself - in a very casual way.
TwoManyTwos wrote:Ask to close the window. Make sure that Charlie stays away from that window by any means necessary. The odds of his fatality or capture increase if he's near that window.
Douglas Collier wrote:I vote we immediately go close the window without asking (don't give parents chance to do anything about it). Look outside for anything suspicious before closing the window. Then stall by starting a conversation - ask parents how they're doing.
FancyHat wrote:I second Doug's actions.
Welp, because I found this funny, and it was tied between either asking or running...

You freaking BOLT to the window immediately after sniffing the food, without any warning.

You take a look outside, it's really pouring down hard today, making it hard to see. Due to the rain, it's kind of hard to smell the food from here...

You then quickly shut the window just as fast as you got there.

Before you are able to do anything else, your Dad suddenly shot of from his seat and your Mom quickly pushing her seat back in response to your sudden behavior

Dad: E-Echo?! What's wrong boy?! Did you see something? Did you hear something? What's the rush?!

Response:
1: "Rain was getting in!"
2: "No, nothing's outside."
3: "Yes, there's something out there!"
4: "Why do you ask?"
5: Go back to your seat and start talking about something else, pretending like that never happened.
6: Check under the sink.
7: Look outside again.
6: Improvise
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I vote for option 1.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I'm tempted to sit back and watch the chaos unfold, but I'm also curious about their response to option one: "Rain was getting in!"

FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

"I thought I saw something move outside" I'd say that way we can keep up the charade but not look suspicious.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."