Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

Echo: BRAVO! BRAVO! C'MON WAKE UP! CHARLIE'S GONE, THE WINDOW'S OPEN-- C'MON WE GOTTA GO!

Bravo: *Snrk!* Hrrm, what-- what is it? Just close it yer'self man geezzzzzzz *ZzZzZ*
Echo just told Bravo Charlie's not there, and all Bravo said was to close the window himself. We need to say something with more punch.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Buster »

Not A Furry wrote:3: Jump out of the window while you shout "Charlie might be dead! I'm jumping out of the window!"
isn't that technicaly chaining 2 & 3 together?

So basically everyone's saying go out the window, but half the crew want to yell at Bravo before or during the act, and the other half want to get his attention more physicaly?
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
Tales
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 pm
Location: Washington State, USA

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Tales »

10 in binary
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
Image

Not A Furry

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Not A Furry »

Buster wrote:
Not A Furry wrote:3: Jump out of the window while you shout "Charlie might be dead! I'm jumping out of the window!"
isn't that technicaly chaining 2 & 3 together?

So basically everyone's saying go out the window, but half the crew want to yell at Bravo before or during the act, and the other half want to get his attention more physicaly?
If we all say jump while shouting maybe chaoko will do it <.<

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

We should make sure Bravo is following before we go out the window. I think if he knows the seriousness of the situation, he'll follow. If it takes a little physical action to make him coherent, then so be it, but we need to wake him up fast and get out that window as quickly as we can safely do it.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12332
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Render »

Nobody ever thinks about number 5...
Well, I don't either. Hopefully that's not our main mistake. But they have acted so strangely that I can't believe they'd be of much help. xD
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Render wrote:Exactly this, we don't have much time, but we need Bravo! So hurry!
D-Rock wrote:Wake up Bravo and Leave through the Window.
You may have missed that we have both voted for a chain. ^^
Douglas Collier wrote:Echo just told Bravo Charlie's not there, and all Bravo said was to close the window himself. We need to say something with more punch.
Indeed, I think option 1 won't do it, since we tried that already... We need to get him to realize what's going on before Echo leaves the scene.

Are they sleeping upstairs? Looks like that.

Image
In this case leaving though the window might not be the best choice but the front door is slow... Charlie obviously managed to leave through the window too and the front door may be also locked. So my vote is for chaining 2 and 3 (but try to be careful).
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

You know, considering how we cleared our bad karma right before all this bad stuff started happening, it's about time some good stuff started happening in our favor. :|
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Naro Rivers
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:43 am
Location: Somewhere in a river on the Miltons' estate.

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Naro Rivers »

Echo has little reason to think Charlie might be dead (as opposed to just having run away), but it's very plausible that Charlie could be injured, having just left through a second-story window.

I say that Echo tells Bravo that Charlie could be hurt, since "Charlie is gone" didn't work and, as just stated, Echo has more reason to believe Charlie ran away.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Image

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

Option 6 - Miraculously save Charlie

LIVE, CHARLIE, LIVE! :(
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

CHAOKO, you're torturing me with the weeks of suspense. :cry: If you're building up for a happy ending to this part of the story, okay; but if you're just going to make us wait to watch Charlie die - not cool.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Contact:

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Very sorry. I had to work on a Game Jam for 3 days straight, as well as work on Tails of Babylon to meet a certain deadline. On top of managing the production of Housepets! Fanimated at the moment, I haven't had time to ink and color the results. Especially since this one is kinda long. :oops:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

I'm sorry for sounding impatient. You're a busy guy. I hope that you're able to complete the things you want to without burning out. :oops:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Contact:

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

No problem dude, I AM supposed to update this quite frequently, infact that was the whole point of this game. However, as we're reaching the chapters end I kind of forgot that the game requires a lot more time and attention at the end of each chapter, or at least at important or dramatic parts.

Also, that didn't take as long as i thought it would... huh.
Buster wrote:3 with a touch of 6: Drag Bravo out the window and go after Charlie whether he wants to come or not.
D-Rock wrote:First off, is Improvise limited to one thing? If things are dire, just smack Bravo. That'll jolt him awake, but likely lower mental status, cause, you know, angry. But it would work. Then say that Charlie's missing and jump out the window.
SirRayBarker wrote:1, trust your brother
Not A Furry wrote:3: Jump out of the window while you shout "Charlie might be dead! I'm jumping out of the window!"
Douglas Collier wrote:
SirRayBarker wrote:1, trust your brother
The one that CHAOKO just basically confirmed could end up the dead puppy by the side of the river? I don't think so!

I say we shout that Charlie's in danger, tug on Bravo's arm (hopefully he cares enough about his brother to be alert by this point) and drag him to the window, then quickly but carefully exit through the window. But I highly emphasize we tell Bravo what we think is going on, or he might slow us down with questioning. I also don't think we should smack him unless he doesn't wake up at the news of Charlie's impending doom - we don't want to lower his mental state unless it's absolutely necessary; we're already facing the potential of losing lots of mental status in the near future.

So Option 2 and 3 (6 only if necessary)
HellishK9 wrote:Option 6 then 3. Smack him awake and head out the window carefully.
SirRayBarker wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
SirRayBarker wrote:1, trust your brother
The one that CHAOKO just basically confirmed could end up the dead puppy by the side of the river? I don't think so!
The other one actually. Sorry
Lance316 wrote:1 and 3. Scream Charlie's not there if Echo has to.
Tales wrote:10 in binary
Douglas Collier wrote:Option 6 - Miraculously save Charlie

LIVE, CHARLIE, LIVE! :(
Naro Rivers wrote:Echo has little reason to think Charlie might be dead (as opposed to just having run away), but it's very plausible that Charlie could be injured, having just left through a second-story window.

I say that Echo tells Bravo that Charlie could be hurt, since "Charlie is gone" didn't work and, as just stated, Echo has more reason to believe Charlie ran away.
Oh.

-----------

Image

You can't decide what to do! He's not getting up fast enough! Charlie could be in danger! You don't have time! You need help! There's only one logical thing to do! You grab your collar and--

Echo: "CHARLIE RAN AWAY! HE MIGHT DIE! WE GOTTA GO! I GOTTA JUMP OUT THE WINDOW AND GO AFTER HIM!"

*The sound of thunder fills the room*

Bravo: Whoa WHOA WAIT! WHAT?! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! WHERE'S CHARLIE?! ECHO,WAIT!

You didn't catch what Bravo said, but it seems you woke him up.

Image

You jump out the window and onto the roof. You try to get your bearings, but the rain's caused the roof to be slippery! You begin to slide off!

Image

You land on a pile of garbage stacked up on the side of your house. Echo always makes sure to set the trash here in case the three of you want to sneak out for fun. However, this tends to work best when you try to climb down slowly. You imagine that if you weren't so lucky, that could have been pretty bad.

Image

It's dark. The rain is loud and heavy. Charlie could be anywhere.

There seems to be three ways he could have gone. The main path directly in front of you leads right to the lake, with a few detours. If he was headed to the lake, that's the route he would take.

However, if he was in a rush, he may have taken the shortcut the three of you found on the left. It branches out to many places in the forest, but you mostly use it to visit the more rocky area of the lake. It's a great place for hopping across stones to the other side, and there's a family of ducks that tends to visit there.

There also seems to be a break in the bushes to the right. You don't know where that leads at all, but it looks like it certainly may lead somewhere. None the less, it looks like someone's passed through it. Perhaps Charlie?

What will you do?
1) Follow the front path
2) Follow the left path
3) Follow the right path
4) Inspect paths
5) Look behind you
6) Wait for Bravo
7) Improvise
8) Switch to Bravo
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

Look behind you. That trash can looks like it's been slashed by claws. Looking might give us a clue what happened to Charlie while giving Bravo some time to catch up.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 7535
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by D-Rock »

Not good. We're already at Orange-level danger. One more mistake could be costly.

Now, those clawmarks are making me doubt about going the right path. Could be a bobcat. Not something we want to encounter right now.

Last we had him, Charlie's mental status was Fine. I don't think he would go a less direct route to the lake.

Here's the thing; the left path is shorter, yes, but that family of ducks could be of help. That middle path seems more likely, but we'd be on our own, and it's slower. And if Charlie took the left path, we probably wouldn't be able to catch up to him.

We do have Charlie's Scent, but the rain could easily wash it away.

At the same time, karma is the last thing we should be building right now, but at least it's currently at zero. Wait for Bravo, then go the middle path. Bravo can take the left.

See, we want someone more level-headed to speak with Charlie if we manage to catch him. And if he ended up taking the shorter route, while Bravo is more volatile, that duck family could help out as well.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

Before we go charging down the paths, I think we should look for paw prints (the mud from the rain would be perfect for making imprints) - have Bravo check the left path and Echo check the middle; if there are no tracks on either of those, they can both check the path to the right.

But I think Echo should take a look at that trashed trash can first - we ought to know if there's an important scent to be aware of, and Bravo needs to catch up.

Options 5 and 6 to start with - I doubt that combo will cause any trouble for now.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Lance316
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: In Babylon Gardens- Housepets! Universe

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Lance316 »

Just go down the middle for a quick safe path to the lake and then look for a bridge. Last I checked hereafter thereafter there was a bridge in the background.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

But shouldn't we make sure which path Charlie went down before we choose one? What if he was killed at that spot? If so, we might be able to save him before he gets there.

It's a good plan, Lance, but for all we know, he might be mortally wounded and be in need of immediate medical attention. He might not get it if we wait at the place he died in the comic.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Lance316
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: In Babylon Gardens- Housepets! Universe

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Lance316 »

No we should look for paw prints like Douglas said. It's these kind of games that hurt my brain.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

After Bravo arrives. In the meantime we can inspect the trash can. As a bonus, if we're turned around to look at the trash can, we can potentially catch Bravo if he slips like Echo did.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Lance316
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: In Babylon Gardens- Housepets! Universe

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Lance316 »

We're at and orange warning sign we don't want it to go red but we could use all the help we could get. Now I feel like I am playing a telltale game.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.

User avatar
HellishK9
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Location: Peeking In Your Window

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by HellishK9 »

I say we wait for Bravo and hear what he has to say on the possible paths Charlie might have taken (and/or the claw marks on the trashcan).
Image

User avatar
Tales
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 pm
Location: Washington State, USA

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Tales »

5
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
Image

User avatar
Saturn381
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Location: Clifton Forge, VA

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm gonna go with option 1.
Image

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Legotron123 »

I'm going with 5. Those slash marks look highly suspect.
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Buster »

Please don't be pulling the trope I think you're pulling...
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
SuperStar
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am
Location: Shining in the Boonies of Thailand

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by SuperStar »

I'd just like to say that before I posted this, the thread had 666 posts.

Anyway, I'd say definitely 5, but also maybe 6 with that, if only because looking behind you would automatically give Bravo time to catch up.

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by CyberDragon »

Either inspect the paths or look behind you. Gather more information about where Charley might have gone while Bravo catches up.

Remember, treat this like a game. I don't mean don't take it seriously, I mean recognize that it has mechanics like any game. If they follow mechanics I recognize, the game rewards careful decision making which involves gathering as much information as possible before making a choice. Games like this don't usually punish you unless you make a wrong plot advancing decision.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SuperStar
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am
Location: Shining in the Boonies of Thailand

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by SuperStar »

CyberDragon wrote:Either inspect the paths or look behind you. Gather more information about where Charley might have gone while Bravo catches up.

Remember, treat this like a game. I don't mean don't take it seriously, I mean recognize that it has mechanics like any game. If they follow mechanics I recognize, the game rewards careful decision making which involves gathering as much information as possible before making a choice. Games like this don't usually punish you unless you make a wrong plot advancing decision.
Chaoko has warned us about wasting any turn, so I'd be concerned about every move.

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Games like this don't usually punish you unless you make a wrong plot advancing decision.
Actually CHAOKO seems to punish failure to make a decision MORE than making the wrong one, not less. If the imaginate session is anything to go by, we get the best results when we can come up with strategically sound courses of action in as few turns as possible.

Which is why i'm staying out of this round, with the failure to get both dogs out here quickly my preferred strategy isn't possible, and i'd rather not waste time or 'split the vote' on what one to take.
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Contact:

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Buster wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:Games like this don't usually punish you unless you make a wrong plot advancing decision.
Actually CHAOKO seems to punish failure to make a decision MORE than making the wrong one, not less. If the imaginate session is anything to go by, we get the best results when we can come up with strategically sound courses of action in as few turns as possible.

Which is why i'm staying out of this round, with the failure to get both dogs out here quickly my preferred strategy isn't possible, and i'd rather not waste time or 'split the vote' on what one to take.
As mentioned before: this game is a bit more of a TRUE choose your own adventure game. Both things you two mentioned are both true, depending on the situation. Sometimes, it may be best to take your time and investigate a scene. Others, it may be best to ignore everything and just go as straight forward as possible. However, in all situations, both options may both be viable in their own right, or they may both punish you in their own way. Investigating may greatly help you get through safely or give you knowledge/evidence for future scenes, but other events may take place at the same time that are time based locking you out of that path. On the other hand, getting through a scene as quickly as possible will assure certain things happen, but you may miss other events that required your attention that could hurt you in the long run or even immediately afterward.

There is no telling what will happen. No matter what you do, the world will move, time will pass, it will not wait for you. It's what you do in that time that shapes which path you go down. Situations you may think you fail could lead to your benefit in the future, or scenes you succeed in could come back to bite you as well. It's all in the eye of the beholder. The definition of a "good" outcome or a "bad" outcome are completely based on your opinion. It's what you consider is worth it in the end of the day.

Simply put... YOLO.
...although I guess Karma is the one thing that actually is just a punishment no matter how you look at it :lol:
D-Rock wrote:Not good. We're already at Orange-level danger. One more mistake could be costly.

Now, those clawmarks are making me doubt about going the right path. Could be a bobcat. Not something we want to encounter right now.

Last we had him, Charlie's mental status was Fine. I don't think he would go a less direct route to the lake.

Here's the thing; the left path is shorter, yes, but that family of ducks could be of help. That middle path seems more likely, but we'd be on our own, and it's slower. And if Charlie took the left path, we probably wouldn't be able to catch up to him.

We do have Charlie's Scent, but the rain could easily wash it away.

At the same time, karma is the last thing we should be building right now, but at least it's currently at zero. Wait for Bravo, then go the middle path. Bravo can take the left.

See, we want someone more level-headed to speak with Charlie if we manage to catch him. And if he ended up taking the shorter route, while Bravo is more volatile, that duck family could help out as well.
Douglas Collier wrote:Before we go charging down the paths, I think we should look for paw prints (the mud from the rain would be perfect for making imprints) - have Bravo check the left path and Echo check the middle; if there are no tracks on either of those, they can both check the path to the right.

But I think Echo should take a look at that trashed trash can first - we ought to know if there's an important scent to be aware of, and Bravo needs to catch up.

Options 5 and 6 to start with - I doubt that combo will cause any trouble for now.
HellishK9 wrote:I say we wait for Bravo and hear what he has to say on the possible paths Charlie might have taken (and/or the claw marks on the trashcan).
Tales wrote:5
Legotron123 wrote:I'm going with 5. Those slash marks look highly suspect.
SuperStar wrote:I'd just like to say that before I posted this, the thread had 666 posts.

Anyway, I'd say definitely 5, but also maybe 6 with that, if only because looking behind you would automatically give Bravo time to catch up.
-----------------------------------------

Image

You think it best to wait for Bravo to catch up. If he's gonna be of any help, he'll need to know exactly what's going on. And now that you think of it, so will you.

You take this time to investigate the area. You noticed on the way down that the trashcan was knocked over, at the time you assumed you caused it. But now that you look at it, it's quite indented onto the ground, and the lid is full of water. The trashcan has been knocked down for quite some time. Upon further inspection, you find your eyes darting towards the deep cuts in the can. Those are, without a doubt, claw marks. At first you think Charlie may have done this, but two things contradict this: A: Charlie couldn't scratch a feather, he was de-clawed. B: Why would Charlie do this? Even if he was attacking something, he couldn't use his claws!

Something else is out here, and it is dangerous. You have to be careful and make sure you find Charlie soon.

You look at the trashbags. You sure did flatten that bag, but it did a good job at cushioning your fall. Charlie must have landed on it too, you could not have worn it out that much on your own.

You notice something metal on the ground. It seems very dented. Did it come from the trashcan, or has it been there for a while too? There are some indents in the ground near it.

Bravo hasn't arrived yet...

1) Follow the Middle Path
2) Follow the Left Path
3) Follow the Right Path
4) Inspect Paths
5) Further inspect the Metal Thing
6) Call for Bravo
7) Switch Trashbags
8) Switch to Bravo
9) Howl for Charlie
10) Improvise
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 7535
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by D-Rock »

Really, only a day?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Contact:

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Would you prefer I take another month? :P
To be fair, the final scenes are supposed to be done quite fast, as was the game in general. I know there are a lot more people who play now opposed to how many we started with, but this was always the intended pace.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
HellishK9
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Location: Peeking In Your Window

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by HellishK9 »

If Bravo is going to dive out the window after Echo, we better replace the trash bag (make sure it's soft).
Image

User avatar
Lance316
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: In Babylon Gardens- Housepets! Universe

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Lance316 »

We should honestly go after Charlie since he took some damage.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.

User avatar
Saturn381
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Location: Clifton Forge, VA

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Saturn381 »

I say we call for Bravo.
Image

User avatar
SuperStar
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am
Location: Shining in the Boonies of Thailand

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by SuperStar »

Wait, "Charlie Took Minor Damage"!? Is that a typo, is it Echo's own observation giving us an update, or is it an implication that something is happening elsewhere? O_O

User avatar
biddyfox
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: jess is the best character in this webcomic

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by biddyfox »

Image
i am convinced that tarot max grape and peanut are not two couples but one group of four pets who all love each other equally. this is not a joke and no one can convince me otherwise. gaxnot forever

FancyHat
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by FancyHat »

I think that is basically our time imit starting up....WE NEED TO MOVE ASAP or else we're gonna have a pupper taking the big nap..In a river...and wait claw marks...Big claw marks..And if we're in the south, I think I know what marks those are from...Wild cat , black bear, or wild dog..too big to be a dog..So it is either a large wild cat or black bear...Probably black bear...So we need to move fast because Bears Are Bad News is in effect it seems.

We really need to wake the dad up, he's the one with the height to reach the firearm. And every animal with any form of sense knows when the the human is carrying something metal and wooden, it's time to run..Dang we need to act fast people, NOW..But we also need to plan this out, all of us before we put in our answers..
"Crimes?" "Crimes."

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by CyberDragon »

AHHHHH! MY KNOWLEDGE OF GAME MECHANICS IS USELESS!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

Ok, ok. calming down. If Bravo follows out of the window, he will get hurt landing on the flattened bag. Maybe switch it out? that shouldn't take much time. I don't think we should go without Bravo. The yellow alert means a risk of injury, but not of loosing a character right now. Then again, that could change at any moment. But still, two seconds to call out to Bravo and switch the bags sounds safe enough. I'm guessing whatever made the claw marks went down the unknown right path, so we definitely should NOT go there.

I will cry if we loose Charley...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Post Reply