Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

Echo finds Charlie, who has discovered a portal to the happiness dimension, where everyone is eternally happy, and the brothers live happily ever after - The End(?)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Lance316

Post by Lance316 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Echo finds Charlie, who has discovered a portal to the happiness dimension, where everyone is eternally happy, and the brothers live happily ever after - The End(?)
The most random ending to any game I've ever heard. I kinda like it.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I'm not even going to quote you, I know 90% of you picked Window.
Also sorry for disappearing for a bit. Had to manage some stuff with Housepets! Fanimated! and had to make this Tuesday's guest comic. The sketch of this was actually done for a long time :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------

You look to your left to find the window wide open, letting in the rain that was harshly falling outside. Wait, did Charlie open this? Why wouldn't he close...

Where is Charlie?!

1) Exit through window (Fast)
2) Exit through front door (Safe)
3) Wake up Bravo
4) Tell Mom and Dad
5) Put on Collar
6) Check Desk
7) Listen
ImageImageImageImage
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

1. GO. NOW.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Bravo.

"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going with option 3.
Douglas Collier

Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Option 3. Two noses are better than one for tracking somebody down.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Danger level has risen. It's at its lowest, but I still feel it would be better to at least wake up Bravo first.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Douglas Collier

I'm having a sinking feeling that Charlie is going to end up that puppy on the side of the river we saw in the comic. :(
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Douglas Collier wrote:I'm having a sinking feeling that Charlie is going to end up that puppy on the side of the river we saw in the comic. :(
Oh christ I think you're dead on. Chaoko must be doing a good impression of Darth Vader right now.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

3. Then he can wake M&D while we search for Charlie.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Not A Furry wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:I'm having a sinking feeling that Charlie is going to end up that puppy on the side of the river we saw in the comic. :(
Oh christ I think you're dead on. Chaoko must be doing a good impression of Darth Vader right now.
I can't post my reaction to this idea here.

Oh no, the pup in the comic is even glowing the colo(u)r of Charlie's collar.

The howl?! Look back to before we lost control of Charlie: there's a river in clear view of the window!

Look back at the darn calendar, too!

These things were pointed out to me by Chaoko himself (though I did notice the collar/glow before he told me)! He then said, and I quote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Well, you know the future, now what will you do to change it?
There's still time, but we need to be very, very careful here.

Option three.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Kylecan81

Post by Kylecan81 »

option 3
Is this supposed to be my cool saying? I ain't got one.
Douglas Collier

I don't think we have time! We've got to save Charlie as fast as possible. I highly recommend we Stop Charlie from committing suicide as quickly as we can - one moment could be the difference between life and death. I think the window is worth the risk. Let that puppy in the comic not be one of our loved ones!

I think we should create a chain - quickly wake Bravo and use the window, and explain later. Option 3 and Option 1

(Heck, I say we save that other puppy too while we're at it. Maybe he was looking for his long lost brothers).
Lance316

Post by Lance316 »

Chain actions 3 and 1.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

...you know, that does sound like something Chaoko would do, but I don't know how to react.

For the time being, I rescind my original choice of Three. Maybe I'll think of something before the next chapter comes up.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I will revise my previous choice and chain it with option 1.

The puppy in the Hereafter Thereafter comic does look really scratched up, possibly from jumping out a window and getting tangled in some bushes.
If we are going to wake up Bravo and jump out that window, we better do so carefully.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

HellishK9 wrote:I will revise my previous choice and chain it with option 1.

The puppy in the Hereafter Thereafter comic does look really scratched up, possibly from jumping out a window and getting tangled in some bushes.
If we are going to wake up Bravo and jump out that window, we better do so carefully.
It would look as if the pup had drowned in the river and was being sent to heaven, I choose #1 because time might be extremely important.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Naro Rivers wrote:lots of stuff and
These things were pointed out to me by Chaoko himself (though I did notice the collar/glow before he told me)! He then said, and I quote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Well, you know the future, now what will you do to change it?
OH MY!?! Incredible! WOW!
Douglas Collier wrote:I think we should create a chain - quickly wake Bravo and use the window, and explain later. Option 3 and Option 1

(Heck, I say we save that other puppy too while we're at it. Maybe he was looking for his long lost brothers).
Exactly this, we don't have much time, but we need Bravo! So hurry!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

So the question is...
Is Chaoko implying that Charlie is the Hereafter Thereafter puppy or that this story is going to have the same or similar events?
Don't die on us Charlie! I don't care how much you want the huge cookie!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Okay, let's look at the images when we first started as Charlie and Echo, respectively.

Assuming this whole thing is a flashback, and it follows the theory that this is the night that Charlie drowned, then the second and third line could be coming from him, reminiscing about what he couldn't have. At first, I though it was a conversation between Echo and Bravo, with Charlie coming in at the last line, because only that was colored. But now, it could be a denizen of Heaven speaking to him with that first line. The only line in the second image could be him saying what was going on with finality, going to color to emphasize what they're saying.

As for Echo's line, judging from the content and context of the sentences, it's mostly Echo, with that second line being Bravo. That last line, though, implies that someone was lost. Up until now, I had thought it was their parents. But it still works if it was Charlie. Overall, this situation isn't looking good.

As for what to do...

If this is the case, speed is of the essence. However, there is too much chance of injury if they leave through the window, but taking the door is both slower, and there is the chance of being stopped by whatever made that noise. I don't know if the "safe" part means there's no chance of injury at all, or if it's not taking into account a possible danger that's not related to falling damage.

If the situation is dire, the absolute LAST thing we want to happen is screw up while trying to save Charlie, which is a possibility if we stack up too much karma. We need to be certain that chaining is a good idea. Remember, Echo is indecisive when stressed out, so it would seem that waking up Bravo would be a good idea. The two of them working together would be a good thing. But that's double the possibility of being injured, if each drops out the window. While it's possible for Bravo to say the wrong thing in this situation, his mental status is the best of the three right now.

Wake up Bravo and Leave through the Window.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Wow. This just got a whole lot darker.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Lance316

Post by Lance316 »

CyberDragon wrote:Wow. This just got a whole lot darker.
Right. We can't just jump to conclusions though. The only way we can know for sure Charlie is that drowned pup we just need to wait.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.
Douglas Collier

Lance316 wrote:
Right. We can't just jump to conclusions though. The only way we can know for sure Charlie is that drowned pup we just need to wait.
The way you worded that tho. :|
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Lance316 wrote:
NO! If we wait, he will be that drowned pup!

Like I said, there's still time, but there's also not much of it. We have a chance to change the future; Charlie doesn't need to die tonight, but it's on us to keep him from it. Again, we need to be very careful in the coming segment.

I have a feeling that the "boss" of this chapter is saving Charlie.

It's tempting to go for a chain here, since time is of the essence, but gaining bad karma is something we need not do.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I support Naro right here, we don't act, Charlie's going to be sleeping with fishes! And I mean that in a literal bad way. We must act, or Charlie is gonna be riding up the steps to the Pearly gates!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

For god's sake, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A MURDER MYSTERY!!!! When did it get so dark and scary!?!?!?!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Douglas Collier

It's different when it's someone we know and love drowning alone. :(
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Not A Furry wrote:
I was more of excited that you guys were actually picking up on the major twists in the game, or at least one of the twists. Some of you were starting to think about it a bit earlier but you two were the ones who directly pointed it out, then Naro upright started pointing out evidence and I was like "Alright well most of you already get the idea here"
But like I said to him:
Legotron123 wrote:For god's sake, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A MURDER MYSTERY!!!! When did it get so dark and scary!?!?!?!
Firstly, I don't believe I ever said it was a "Murder Mystery" exactly. Secondly, probably when you added MURDER to the MYSTERY. :lol:
CyberDragon wrote:It's dangerous to go alone. Take Bravo.

Saturn381 wrote:I'm going with option 3.
Douglas Collier wrote:3
HellishK9 wrote:Option 3. Two noses are better than one for tracking somebody down.
D-Rock wrote:Danger level has risen. It's at its lowest, but I still feel it would be better to at least wake up Bravo first.
Buster wrote:3333333
Naro Rivers wrote:There's still time, but we need to be very, very careful here.

Option three.
D-Rock wrote:...you know, that does sound like something Chaoko would do, but I don't know how to react.

For the time being, I rescind my original choice of Three. Maybe I'll think of something before the next chapter comes up.
Render wrote:Exactly this, we don't have much time, but we need Bravo! So hurry!
D-Rock wrote:Wake up Bravo and Leave through the Window.
------------------------------------------------------

You rush to Bravo to wake him up. If you're going to find Charlie you may need his help!

Echo: BRAVO! BRAVO! C'MON WAKE UP! CHARLIE'S GONE, THE WINDOW'S OPEN-- C'MON WE GOTTA GO!

Bravo: *Snrk!* Hrrm, what-- what is it? Just close it yer'self man geezzzzzzz *ZzZzZ*

He's still half asleep, why does he have to be such a heavy sleeper?!

1) "Charlie's not here!"
2) "Charlie's in danger!"
3) Exit through window (Fast)
4) Exit through front door (Safe)
5) Tell Mom and Dad
6) Improvise
ImageImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

3 with a touch of 6: Drag Bravo out the window and go after Charlie whether he wants to come or not.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

First off, is Improvise limited to one thing? If things are dire, just smack Bravo. That'll jolt him awake, but likely lower mental status, cause, you know, angry. But it would work. Then say that Charlie's missing and jump out the window.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

1, trust your brother
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

3: Jump out of the window while you shout "Charlie might be dead! I'm jumping out of the window!"
Douglas Collier

SirRayBarker wrote:1, trust your brother
The one that CHAOKO just basically confirmed could end up the dead puppy by the side of the river? I don't think so!

I say we shout that Charlie's in danger, tug on Bravo's arm (hopefully he cares enough about his brother to be alert by this point) and drag him to the window, then quickly but carefully exit through the window. But I highly emphasize we tell Bravo what we think is going on, or he might slow us down with questioning. I also don't think we should smack him unless he doesn't wake up at the news of Charlie's impending doom - we don't want to lower his mental state unless it's absolutely necessary; we're already facing the potential of losing lots of mental status in the near future.

So Option 2 and 3 (6 only if necessary)
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Option 6 then 3. Smack him awake and head out the window carefully.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Douglas Collier wrote:
SirRayBarker wrote:1, trust your brother
The one that CHAOKO just basically confirmed could end up the dead puppy by the side of the river? I don't think so!
The other one actually. Sorry
Lance316

Post by Lance316 »

1 and 3. Scream Charlie's not there if Echo has to.
What do we do now Lance?
We ascend from darkness.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Lance316 wrote:1 and 3. Scream Charlie's not there if Echo has to.
I say "He could be dead" would be more likely to wake him up