Game: Talk to your Favorite Character from House Pets

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

dr_eirik

Re: Game: Talk to your Favorite Character from House Pets

Post by dr_eirik »

Keene: Between Breele and me, we have come to a point where we have agreed. As a cook, my greatest talent is making reservations.

Jill: Have you and Earl thought about have kids?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jill: "Well, we have definitely taken notice of Grape and Peanut's unique baby-sitting talents..........."

Miles, what adjustments has your school made since onset of the Covid crisis, students turning into animals, and Natalie petitioning to take driver's education class?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Miles: Well, COVID cases have been pretty low around here, so we are reopening schools on time with the necessary precautions, and the K-9s have assigned an officer to watch the student body and make sure that badger and crow don’t show up. As for Natalie, well, she’s currently too old to take classes here, but she might enroll over at the Community College. Wouldn’t be my headache, anyway.

Joey, has Squeak played Dungeons and Dragons with you, Dallas, and Lester, and if so how did she do?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Actually, Squeak's pretty good - she gets into her character and acts everything out with gestures and dramatics. Another bonus is her behavior irritates Lester no end which Dallas and I just love."

Tarot, along with magic, have you studied science at all?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Tarot: I have, hon. I especially like astrology and geology. In fact, Peanut, Grape, Max, and I watch shows and videos about them quite a bit.It beats most of the sitcoms out there nowadays.

Hey Earl, have you had many nightmare customers at the shop?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Earl: Sure, all businesses get the occasional pill of a customer. You learn to roll with it. It's actually been fun siccing Itzuki on them. Not that he handles them well, but by the time that he's done talking to them, they are so befuddled they forget why they are angry!

Mungo: Have you ever played any team sports, like football or baseball?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Mungo: Sure, I’ve played some sports, the K-9s had me on the offensive line of their football team and I was catcher on a multispecies baseball team. I kept breaking the locker room and locker doors though, and that seemed to miff the coaches.

Hey, Bill, do you get worried about Fox when he is out with the K-9s, and have you given him any safety tips?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bill: "Oh, yeah! I worried about him all the time at first and I gave him tips and pointers and DVDs and books. Then I met Mungo. That's when I told him, just stay behind this guy. Haven't worried about him since."

Marvin - think you'd ever like to visit Zach at the treehouse?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Marvin: Sure, if only to get away from all the chaos of home. Zach tells me, though, that it’s kind of crazy there too. Still, it might be a different kind of crazy so maybe it’ll be a relief.

Mungo, what is your favorite part of being a K-9?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mungo: Gosh, where to begin? Well, there's helping people, creating safety, providing counseling and comfort services, and ... oh ... there's all the repairs skills I've acquired from having to fix all the different things I bust.

Miles: So how's the first week of school going?
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Um, well, DeeVee hasn't gotten into trouble (yet) so that's good... most of the kids haven't had a wolf for a teacher though, and they're a little scared of me.

Hey Lois, how're you holding up at university?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Lois: "Ugh, I have some things to say. First, a ton of people were scared of me, but that wasn't a surprise. I quickly learned not to let Keene tell them I'm 'tame,' because all of a sudden, EVERYONE wants to pet me! It's really irritating. I couldn't help but wonder what Devo sees in this. But other than that, dealing with standard university stresses."

Grape, would you ever seriously consider kittens with Max?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Grape : I'm not sure. Nothing against Max, I think the oaf would make a good dad, but 8m not sure I'm ready. Maybe when Peanut grows up a bit.

Dallas: Looks like they finally have a cat as a star in the new Star Trek series! What do you think of Dr. T'Ana?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Dallas: Actually, I kinda like the character. I’ve never minded cats that much, and she kinda remind me of Dr. House or the EMG from Voyager with her sarcasm. I’ve also felt that the Caitians are vastly underused canonically, so I’m glad so see one.

Joey, did your dad ever find out about Squeak surfing in the bathtub?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joey "No, but he's still wondering how his BeachBoys tapes wound up on the sink."

Marvin, have you felines ever thought of starting a "Good Ol'Cats Club?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Marvin: We have, but we are all pretty much friends anyway, so we didn’t see much use in forming a club. Plus, as Max and Grape have pointed out, being a leader and a founder of the Good Old Dogs’ Club has not affected Bino in the most positive way. We did agree that if we did we’d allow dogs, since all of us, or at least Max, Grape, Sabrina, and I are friends with dogs. Who knows? It would get Tiger out of the house. I doubt it, but maybe.

Fido, what was Bino like as a pup, if you remember?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Fido: He was always needy as far back as I can remember. Always had to be the center of attention. When people paid attention to me, he woul stamp his feet and cry... Though to be fair that also happened last week.

Bailey: Have you thought about Halloween costumes for the pups yet?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bailey: Oh, the pups and I are having a lot of fun with that! King, however keeps worrying about every little thing. I know the guy means well, but all his preparations are a pain in the tail. Anybody know where Mrs. Sandwich buys those calming treats for Peanut ?

Tarot, what’s your favorite kind of tea?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot: Ginseng and brown sugar, dear, ginseng and brown sugar.

Bino: have you ever thought of getting Maxwell a collar bell with a clapper in it?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Bino: "I did once. I don't know how, but he made just as much noise with that on as with his bell. That's 'none,' by the way."

Lois, any fun hanging out with the local cats?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Lois: Actually, yes, I've hung out with Maxwell, Grape, and Sabrina a bit. Grape seemed to moon over me until I told her I was with Marion. But, now we all get along well. I hung out with the Bigglesworths once. Not doing that again. By the way, what's with that dog named Bino? Chased Marion up a tree, then seemed to think he could take on me. Is he always so dim?

Hey Marion, have you made friends with any other squirrels?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Marion: "Not really. I'm not much interested in the few things they care about - nuts, trees, roving gangs of chipmunk goths, getting eaten ... stuff like that."

Say, Natalie, think you'll ever get a driver's license?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Natalie : I tried once, but my examiner jumped out of the car... While we were moving. Not sure what his problem was, the fastest way back to the DMV was though that old greenbelt.

Steward: I hear there is a sizable reward out on you... On a totally unrelated note, where can I deliver this totally legitimate pizza?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Steward: A pizza? Sure! You know it’s really hard for a feral to get a job, or to find someone to take him in. Hey, wait a minute. This isn’t a pizza that’s tracked by K-9s is it? I’m not falling for that again. Like they say, fool me six times shame on you, fool me seven times shame on me.

Marvin, are you able to get much food with Tiger in the house?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Marvin: "Oh, sure - anything I want, I just write "Tiger's Kat FooD" on it, and Tiger is totally repulsed.

Li'l Dino-Demon, what are you up to?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Dino-Demon: Well, I was going to try and cause trouble on earth but then I got interested in soap operas and game shows. So, generally I watch those on a TV or tablet, and work odd jobs under the name Mr. Pilkington.

Squeak, knowing that cheese is a stereotype with mice, what is your favorite food?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Squeak : I like cheese, but really hate the stereotype. I'm a girl of simple tastes. A good vegetarian pizza is all I need... With extra cheese.

Falstaff : You have any scheme going for Halloween?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Falstaff: Yes, I’m going to show up the humans’ doorsteps and get free candy. All I have to do is say I’m in a raccoon costume, and they’ll give me free candy. (from behind him) Jess: That’s actually not a sca-, never mind, at least I won’t have to deal with the K-9s this time.

Breel, you seem pretty adept at baking, have you tried your paw at any other forms of cooking?

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Breel: “Sauteéing is really fun! Still working on braising, broiling has a lot of improvements needed, but I’ve learned that a simple roast is pretty easy in comparison and works great. Plus, love the anticipation as it’s cooking!”

So Keene, how many attempts did it take for Breel to make something edible?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keene: "The key thing is the ingredients. If you start with food, something edible will eventually result. Or survive."

So, Pueblo, how did you like acting? What's a role you'd like to do next if you could choose?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Pueblo: I loved it! As for the part, anything without scenes with Olive’s character. She seems sweet, but I am not her boyfriend.

Sabrina, what do you do on nights when Fido has to work?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sabrina: I worry about him, so I try to distract myself. I spent a lot of time with Tarot learning more about magi(c). I've also been spending time looking into Stewards coin. Has to be some way to break that curse.

Thomas: How's life at the zoo?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thomas: It’s pretty good, to tell you the truth. It’s strange but as a camel, I’ve gotten pretty much everything I wanted as a human. I have Sophia, who loves me, and is patient with me, I have a secure home and a steady income, the income could be bigger, but, no one’s life is perfect. (Except for those ferrets, but anyway) The no coffee thing is still a bummer, but I’m getting used to that.

Kix, is Craig more of a pawful than Draig?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Kix: Oh my, yes! Draig is a pawful all on her own, but she is more reflective, a bit quieter. Craig can be very loud and sometimes a but full of himself. But what are you going to do? They're just kits.

Fox: How did your dad react to your injury trying to capture that badger?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox: "He actually was pretty proud of me, getting "wounded in action at all". He did tell me I could not wear an eye patch a day longer than it took for the eye to heal. Something about how an eye patch "reminds me of that berserk cat we chased around the zoo for three miserable weeks and never did catch!" He was really upset.

Peanut, you're a cartoonist - have you ever though of becoming a paint artist and doing landscapes or dramatic historic scenes?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Peanut: Maybe someday, but I want to master comics first! I'm already working on an epic Adventure of Spot (Superdog). I might even ask mom for some blank paper!

Miles: Have you and the rest of the family been helping to locate Steward?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Miles: Lucretia and I have helped, because we were ticked that he turned Marion and Lois, to kind, good students into a squirrel and a bobcat. I didn't want the boys going after him, though they would've in a hot second, too dangerous for them. We haven't found him yet, but I hope the we or K-9s and police get him at some point, because picking on innocent children really makes me mad.

Gale, what is your favorite food since coming to Civilization?

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Still deer ribs. But cooked and with sauce is a surprising improvement. Neighbors seem nervous when I bring the deer in, though.

Pueblo, you seemed to have picked up on human conventions pretty fast, have you helped your mom on reigning herself a bit when dealing with people?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pueblo: "Uh-huh. Last week, we had a parent-teacher conference, and I helped the teacher provide Mom with new terms to express disagreement that didn't involve snarling, talon baring, gang gnashing or personal threats involving other people's digestive tracts."

So, Sabrina, when your Dad, the anthropologist, goes off on his research travels, wouldn't you like to go along? You'd be a big help, I'd bet.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sabrina: I used to go on all his expeditions, it was a wonderful way to learn. But the last time he left, I was working with Tarot with the whole Game thing, so I didn't feel it was a good time to go. He didn't know that, of course .

Fox: Do you ever hear from Spring and Summer?