Game: Talk to your Favorite Character from House Pets

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: Game: Talk to your Favorite Character from House Pets

Post by Buster »

*heavily distorted playing, lots of drums, and incomprehensible shouting in oddly deep tones.*

To that other squirrel: managed to make peace with marrion at all? I mean you were pretty mean...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Other Squirrel: He was a narc! Though I suppose I should try and talk to him, we squirrels should stick together.

Yo, Kevin, make any good tackles lately?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kevin: Um … no … closest I came was tripping over Sasha's unicorn statute. `least I didn't break anything. Especially that statue... she'da killed me!

Terrance: Well, now that you've had a walk-on, think you'll get a speaking role and some stage time in unraveling the "Mystery of Marion's Metamorphosis"?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Terrance: Perhaps, though I am quite happy to work behind the scenes, as long as it helps solve that mystery.

Hey Sabrina, are you still giving animals to Fido to patch up?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"More discreetly, at least. Spo seems to think that these new ones are going to replace him. Fido may not say it, but he likes him too much."

So, King, you think you should help Marion return to human form, or get him to make peace with this? I mean, you were actually given a choice.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

after a solid minute of giving you a mildly judgemental stare all he says is "yes"

So, summer, it must have occured to you two by now that you can visit fox in his dreams, but have you tried it?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Summer: "Tried it? We rocked it! Then we got our "Terrestrial Intrusion Passes" pulled "Nightstalking" - Cerberus is such a dork..."

Grape: Think you and Peanut will ever go to Canada and visit Res?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Grape: I’d love too! We’d bring Maxie and Tarot too. I’ve been open with Maxie about my crush on Res and I’d like to see my three guys spend time together. Peanut says that Tarot is starting to take an interest in Pridelands so she should be there too.

Hey, Peanut have you written any fan fiction?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut: "Well, I started this story on what would happen if Spot unexpectedly turned into some kind of arboreal rodent, but Joey and Spo convinced me it was totally bizarre and unrealistic so I sorta let it wilt... :( "

Say, Bigglesworths, do you do everything together or does each have, like, a different hobby? Have you ever thought of robbing a bank?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bigglesworths spokescat: We do have different hobbies but we are all fans of Pridelands, of course. As for bank robbery, it’s tempting especially since mom keeps running out of food because she miscounts us, but we’re just too honest.

Sgt. Ralph, have Fox and Fido filled you in on Marion?
Last edited by trekkie on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sgt. Ralph: "In triplicate, white, yellow, and pink flimsies, and this weird picture a really cranky-looking marsupial. I still can't find a charge to file or who to file it against, though, so I dumped it on Terrance."

Tarmac and Gambit: "You guys ever think of escaping from the Zoo? You could live in Jessica's treehouse and maybe get some stage time."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Tarmac and Gambit: We thought about it but then we’d actually have to work to catch fish. What’s the point of that when we can get fish just by being adorable?

Bruce and Roosevelt, watched any horror movies lately?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Snakes on a plane" scared the wits out of us! …… It's not a horror flick …. okay ….. um ….. "Dora and the Lost City of Gold!" … Hey, we're Kangaroos, okay!

Say, Teoxihuitl. Before Rufus showed up, did you ever have a date with SabreCat?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Actually i'm still stuck on the mortal plane, i'm just not a vengeful apparition any more. Its a lot less stressful.

Tiger: Hey there alley cat, what's new?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Tiger: Ha ha, ha, that's very funny because my name is Tiger, a type of cat. Ha- I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU! <is quickly subdued by Marvin and Jerry>

Hey, Tarot, have any good dates with Peanut, lately?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot: "Not since the spa … I'm trying to conjure cleaning the dishes without unleashing that "Sorcerer's Apprentice" broom thing. Who wants teacups doing the boogaloo all over the house uncontrollably?"

Marvin: have you ever visited Zachery out in his treehouse? You get along with Jessica better than Tiger?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Marvin: I'd like to, but someone needs to keep an eye on Tiger.

Breel: Have you had any trouble adapting to modern life?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Breel: "Not much. Milton Manor's like something outta the late 1800s. And no train tracks around."

Sophie: If Thomas escapes from the zoo with Lois and Marion, are you going with them?"
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sophie: لماذا ا؟ انا احب هذا المكان.

Fox: Has it been hard keeping Kings secret all this time?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Fox: literally the only part he bothers to keep secret is his old name. it's not actually that hard; no one asks, they just assume 'king' was a surname.

SPO: hows the station?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"It's so boring! It's almost nothing but paperwork! I'm waiting on some action, cartel raid, smuggling ring, ANYTHING!"

Kitsune, how have D&D sessions with Joey's group been going?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Kitsune: Its actually been fun! You'd think it would be boring, but they are so earnest and innocent it's great! Though Lester wont DM anymore when I'm playing.

Falstaff: Not to be rude or anything, but have you ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Falstaff: Of course I've heard of the Dunner-Kruging thing. I'm not stupid.

Breel: Managing to keep Keene in check?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Breel: Trying! He can be a pawful, but hey I love him anyway. Hope he doesn't take advantage of that squirrel.

Bino, any special holiday plans for the Good Old Dogs Club?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Bino: I'm going to dress up as Santa and have all the dogs line up and tell me what they are giving me this year.

Dallas: What did you think of Porthos on Enterprise?
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Dallas: "It's kinda weird how he never got any lines, and to be honest, the whole cheese thing was slightly demeaning."

Peanut: Had any luck with Spot (Superdog) since the "corn incident"?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut: Grape hid my coloring stuff after the last time I woke her up. Sigh.

Joey: Think you'll be giving Peanut another lesson soon?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Joey: So long as he doesn’t do any tracing, I’m all for it.

Hey Squeak, have you spent any more time with Spo?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Squeak: "Well, after Spo invited me to the Yarn Ball, we've kinda been on break."

Rock, buddy, what's the next great television program scheduled for Milton Studios Productions?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Rock: I’m thinking of doing a soap opera about the goings on of a canine club. Or maybe a crime drama about our K9s

Hey Mungo, how is the therapy dog a work going?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Mungo: Really good! I've been getting a bald spot from all the petting!

Ink: Have you considered dating Falstaff or Truck?
Gael

Post by Gael »

Ink: So long as our relationship is blessed under the watchful eye of the Opener of Ways I'm willing

Joey: So aside from D&D how many roleplaying games have you played, what are your favs
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joey: my favs? Any that don't involve Lester. BUT DON'T TELL HIM!

Natalie: How do you feel about Miles becoming a teacher?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Natalie: He's wasting his talents! He could have been a police officer! Like my Mungo...

Grape: Why don't you just lock the door to your room when you want to nap so Peanut doesn't bother you?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Grape: Mom doesn’t want us to lock our doors, and Peanut would just bang on the door and yell, waking me up anyway. Plus, I like to nap on the couch.

Yo Gale, how is Pueblo doing?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gale: he's adjusting Pretty well … we did have one conversation with his gym teacher about his using netted goals in soccer, volleyball, and tennis to entrap teammates.

Cory: Have you thought up any schemes to take advantage of all these transformations that are going on in Babylon Gardens?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Cory: Scheme? What are you talking about? My name is... John Smith. I'm an accountant from Milwaukee.

Truck: Have you ever eaten something that didn't agree with you?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Truck: Well, there was that one snake that was particularly nasty to me, but...Oh, you mean made me sick. Hmm. Nope, can't think of anything. The secret is using mint.

Jessica, how do you put up with Falstaff's schemes?

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Jessica: Keep up? Why bother? It's easier just to clean up the mess and bandage his wounds when he's done.

Lucretia: How go the Thanksgiving plans?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lucretia: Well, I'm not gonna run out of pumpkin pies thanks to Halloween.

Say, um, you don't have anything to do with these transformations goin' on lately, Delusional Steve?