Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21013
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Psykeout wrote:[img]awesomepics[/img]
It actually really suits Nick Cage.
his hair is a dinosaur thing wearing a hat, your argument is invalid.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:Image
It actually really suits Nick Cage.
And not Pea as much as it should so that's weird.
Cage looks happier to wear it than I do certainly
Just you wait until I open my hat shop
These will be flying off the shelves
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Art Thread

Post by Leafolawl »

CaptainPea wrote:
Psykeout wrote:Image
It actually really suits Nick Cage.
And not Pea as much as it should so that's weird.
Cage looks happier to wear it than I do certainly
Just you wait until I open my hat shop
These will be flying off the shelves
I would buy one.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21013
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

CaptainPea wrote:
Psykeout wrote:Image
It actually really suits Nick Cage.
And not Pea as much as it should so that's weird.
Cage looks happier to wear it than I do certainly
Just you wait until I open my hat shop
These will be flying off the shelves
flying?
his hat-wearing dinosaur hat is a bird, your argument is invalid. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Seth
Moshpit Addict
Posts: 5673
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Location: posted on the stoop

Re: Art Thread

Post by Seth »

Psykeout wrote:skip bayless wearing a dinosaur

Brilliant!
I think in Non-sequiturs


"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"


Trash boiz

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

CaptainPea wrote:
Psykeout wrote:Image
It actually really suits Nick Cage.
And not Pea as much as it should so that's weird.
Cage looks happier to wear it than I do certainly
Just you wait until I open my hat shop
These will be flying off the shelves
If I knew anything about making things, I would make one.
bwah bwah

User avatar
Kyderra
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Art Thread

Post by Kyderra »

not mine, but:

Image
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

I disagree strongly with the image above and all of it's elements.
bwah bwah

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:I disagree strongly with the image above and all of it's elements.
I just had no idea what it meant
So for context, here's what the fellow said about this:
Nuff said. Criticism, fear of failure, fear of rejection by your peers.
Uck. And it gets really weird when you are a professional and have to create in collaboration with a team. I always try to be in the sandbox. You know how an 8 year old plays in the sandbox? Lost in thought? Creating a world? All in his head and just there doing?
Or like how a great athlete finds that zone? It's like meditating. That's where I try to be and when I'm not I'm practicing.
Whatever boats your float, I suppose. Most of the ideas I like just kind of fly out and smack me in the face, but I think I work best under stress. More accurately, I work under stress, unlike the rest of the time where I exist and ooze about reality like an ooze-about-er.

Also worth noting is that this guy has a bit of a sense of humor.
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

I actually didn't read that right. It says "NO fear." So my bad.
my eyes were too busy bleeding from the color scheme.

But no the message is cool. I just don't like the image and it would have been better as a piece of typography or just a caption on an unrelated image.
bwah bwah

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21013
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Psykeout wrote:it would have been better as... just a caption on an unrelated image.
Image
is this good?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by CaptainPea »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Psykeout wrote:it would have been better as... just a caption on an unrelated image.
Image
is this good?
This is way more than good
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Art Thread

Post by Leafolawl »

CaptainPea wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Psykeout wrote:it would have been better as... just a caption on an unrelated image.
Image
is this good?
This is way more than good
That's awesome!

↓↓↓SECRET!↓↓↓
The hat is the one talking.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

THIS IS PERFECT.
bwah bwah

User avatar
Kyderra
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Art Thread

Post by Kyderra »

well because the image is so bad, that's what makes it good.

This was made by the guy who does the background music in TV shows (like MLP)
And for me, it's true, I don't do a lot of creative things because I fear to be judged badly about them.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

Kyderra wrote:And for me, it's true, I don't do a lot of creative things because I fear to be judged badly about them.
No, that's the opposite of what it says. He says NO fear kills creativity.
bwah bwah

User avatar
Tiggy
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 am
Location: Sweeeden :3

Re: Art Thread

Post by Tiggy »

Psykeout wrote:
Kyderra wrote:And for me, it's true, I don't do a lot of creative things because I fear to be judged badly about them.
No, that's the opposite of what it says. He says NO fear kills creativity.

You.. sure about that?
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

what.

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO HARD TO READ SUDDENLY.

OK NO I DISAGREE WITH THE PICTURE NOW. *FLIPS A TABLE*
bwah bwah

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21013
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Pea, fear and stress are two different things. stress gives one incentive to get something done in a good amount of time. fear of failure causes one to not take risks. So your argument is invalid.

which means the quote is valid.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

no, the quote is INvalid, because fear has no relationship with creativity.
bwah bwah

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21013
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

as I said, fear of failure can kill creativity. fear of other things does inspire, though. the quote is selectively valid.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:as I said, fear of failure can kill creativity. fear of other things does inspire, though. the quote is selectively valid.
There's no such thing as selectively valid. It's invalid. You can't say "Crime rates go up in the summer," and if half the summers, crime rates go up, say that that is a "selectively valid" statement.
bwah bwah

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21013
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

not the same thing. It's more like saying "crime rates go up in summer" if felony rates go down every summer and only misdemeanors go up.
the statement is too generalized, but if you make it more specific, it's accurate. That's what I meant. It should be more specific and say "fear of failure kills creativity" and the hypothetical should say "misdemeanor rates go up in summer" but those wouldn't fit nicely in a quick quote
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

that was a very nice post but I still disagree.
But I'm just stubborn is like 70% of that probably.

You win this round, Brent. *shakes fist*
bwah bwah

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by CaptainPea »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Pea, fear and stress are two different things. stress gives one incentive to get something done in a good amount of time. fear of failure causes one to not take risks.
You could just as easily say that a fear of mediocrity would push somebody to take risks, but I guess it's in the nature of short messages like this to be vague in that way.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:So your argument is invalid.

which means the quote is valid.
That argument is invalid
:B
Psykeout wrote:what.

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO HARD TO READ SUDDENLY.

OK NO I DISAGREE WITH THE PICTURE NOW. *FLIPS A TABLE*
Jumping the count to 15
Image
Image
Image Image

ReCreate
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: http://bordomirc.co.cc
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by ReCreate »

Image
Another drawing by DC6 on deviantart. x3 I like the angry one.

Anyways, Finally completed recreating this drawing digitally!
Image
Now, To get it shaded..
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry

User avatar
exranio
Posts: 1147
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:44 am

Re: Art Thread

Post by exranio »

I have some new art of Concerto, Fa'haka, and Beat
Image Cpmcerto
Image Fa'haka
ImageConcerto and Fa'haka
ImageBeat chocking Concerto
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!

ReCreate
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: http://bordomirc.co.cc
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by ReCreate »

That's pretty cool rayne. lol at the last one. x3
Anyways, Here's a WIP drawing of my fursona done by my talented friend, addo.
Image
It's my fursona yawn/stretching from his sleep. x3
He unfortunately doesn't have any accounts at any online art galleries. D: Yet. x3
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry

User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Art Thread

Post by Leafolawl »

[creeper_mode]I would totally stalk and pester this guy until he/she drew my fursonas, with Acrois pestering Leafyare...[/creeper_mode]
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

ReCreate
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: http://bordomirc.co.cc
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by ReCreate »

Leafolawl wrote:[creeper_mode]I would totally stalk and pester this guy until he/she drew my fursonas, with Acrois pestering Leafyare...[/creeper_mode]
x3 I can give you his MSN If he doesn't mind. Though that would be a bit leech-y.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by CaptainPea »

You have quite a few talented friends to draw for you

This is just me being dumb
Image
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

Leafolawl wrote:[creeper_mode]I would totally stalk and pester this guy until he/she drew my fursonas, with Acrois pestering Leafyare...[/creeper_mode]
That's rude and a lot of artists would hate you for that.
bwah bwah

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8823
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Dissension »

The tags, one would assume, indicate Leafolawl is not serious. As the old aphorism will tell us, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Art Thread

Post by Leafolawl »

Dissension wrote:The tags, one would assume, indicate Leafolawl is not serious. As the old aphorism will tell us, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Listen to Diss, He seems to know what he's talking about.

On a side note:
I've always wanted Diss to say my username. |D
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

I saw the tags, but calling yourself a creeper doesn't really make it any more passable.
bwah bwah

User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Art Thread

Post by Leafolawl »

Psykeout wrote:I saw the tags, but calling yourself a creeper doesn't really make it any more passable.
I will take the post to say that anyone who knows me would know I wouldn't do that.
I might not be an astounding artist, but I try, and as long as I'm trying, I will be fair. I would at LEAST request it nicely, but even THAT is unlikely, considering it doesn't give the artist anything in return, so you'd most likely see me going for an art trade, since I can't afford a commission.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

ReCreate
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: http://bordomirc.co.cc
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by ReCreate »

Psykeout wrote:I saw the tags, but calling yourself a creeper doesn't really make it any more passable.
I think you're just taking it a little bit too seriously.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8823
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Dissension »

Psykeout, Leafolawl already explained he was joking. I daresay my last post was clear that this topic was not for further discussion. Please drop it. Provocation is not permitted at all.

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by CaptainPea »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:no, the dinosaur thing is the hat. can we get an image of something wearing that hat, Pea?
It only took me eight days
I'm real quick on the draw
Image
get it draw

I once met an artist who said that he painted himself often because he was his most convenient subject
I use this logic to rationalize my artistic narcissism
nartcissism
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Psykeout
Posts: 4579
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Psykeout »

I want to call this drawing cute without sounding like I'm saying YOU'RE cute. I also do not mean to say you're not cute and insult your attractiveness, which you may or may not possess.

what are those stains? paint?
bwah bwah

Post Reply