Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Harry Johnathan

Re: Art Thread

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Yorick is a man of infinite jest...
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice job on all of your drawings Rocky! You keep on improving!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks!

Day 28 of #AtlusArtober. One of Arin’s gloves, the oddly-named Dove’s Talons. These feathers were left behind by the unknown individual who gifted him these.
Attachments
7EBE295C-6278-4766-8208-5A57FA1C5351.png
7EBE295C-6278-4766-8208-5A57FA1C5351.png (251.98 KiB) Viewed 4815 times
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Day 29 of #AtlusArtober. Our team has assembled, readying themselves to take on a foe none of them ever anticipated facing.
Attachments
93949830-F8BB-44BC-82FC-90B5756D38E4.png
93949830-F8BB-44BC-82FC-90B5756D38E4.png (625.83 KiB) Viewed 4796 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Lovely work once again here! I like the effect that you did with the characters not colored!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! Works quite well here, doesn’t it?

Day 30 of #AtlusArtober. In time, David would rise to the rank of Captain of the Guard, while Marble would gain the role of Chief of the Foxpaw.
Attachments
0146D595-5847-488D-BE01-D557B7DE5DC4.png
0146D595-5847-488D-BE01-D557B7DE5DC4.png (179.14 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So does this mean that David eventually ends his quest for atonement after nearly getting Marble killed and reuniting with the clan?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Really cool drawings, D-Rock. :D Of course Hell would have a currency- the root to all evil. Fool for day 27 sounds interesting (I would have pegged Sickle for that day). And Halphas keeps showing signs that he is redeemable, even if he couldn't be a good father to Macabre directly.

Heidi and Holly doing a little cleaning in the basement. Happy Halloween!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna know what the HECK goes on in that house because that ain't normal. :shock:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Basements are, by definition, always seriously Kah-reeeeeeepie!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Our basement isn't really creepy. Its just a massive mess and seriously depressing.

Then again, its above ground so that could be why.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Well done, Nicholas, there's enough creepiness to make Holly worry, but not also Heidi. :D :P Good work again, D-Rock. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Some things about Heidi aren’t worth questioning, especially if it means she can get monsters not to eat you.

I did consider using Sickle for Fool at first, but nothing came to mind as to what he would be doing on such short notice.
And yup, Halphas is definitely the better parent. He may have sucked at it, but at least he’s trying to make things better.

Day 31 of #AtlusArtober. And with this, the prompts are done!
1EEE762C-DC9D-4F40-B268-2D3857A0C9FE.png
1EEE762C-DC9D-4F40-B268-2D3857A0C9FE.png (88.95 KiB) Viewed 4714 times
Well, let’s see where things go from here, because this was exhausting.
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

That was great, D. Very good drawings during the month :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Little autumn comic with Huckaby the hedgehog and an annoying problem with this season XD

An Autumn Problem_COLOR_EN_2500px_EYE_2_1200px.png
An Autumn Problem_COLOR_EN_2500px_EYE_2_1200px.png (874.13 KiB) Viewed 4680 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fall is a very decorative season for porcupines. Used to se one or two every year when I was a kid; haven't since but there are reports of `em around.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I really like the Halloween drawing Dryideabat, the layers of scaries works really well, very dynamic, I'm interested, are these hand drawn or do you use a particular brush effect on a computer/tablet?

Well done on completing the prompts D-Rock.

Those Leaves can be a hastle huh?! Mrs Deer thinks it's good luck if you catch a falling leaf without it hitting the ground (we often try to do this!) so maybe Huckaby is just very lucky ;)
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:27 pm I really like the Halloween drawing Dryideabat, the layers of scaries works really well, very dynamic, I'm interested, are these hand drawn or do you use a particular brush effect on a computer/tablet?

Well done on completing the prompts D-Rock.

Those Leaves can be a hastle huh?! Mrs Deer thinks it's good luck if you catch a falling leaf without it hitting the ground (we often try to do this!) so maybe Huckaby is just very lucky ;)
We have that folklore bit here, too - catching a falling leaf is good luck if you catch it before it hits the ground. Additionally, it must be close to the tree, not blowing in the breeze. Furthermore (so some contend), the luck lasts longer depending on how far the leaf has fallen - leaves from high up are more lucky. No one ever told me what "normal" luck duration iconstitutes, however.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

The higher up the tree it came from the longer the luck lasts, I'll let Mrs Deer know :)
We also have see a pin, pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck ;) (I've always known this one but I just looked it up and apparently it can be traced back to 1668 if not before!) I have a suspicion this one came from the fact that at one time pins were fairly expensive to manufacture pre industrial revolution (my theory anyway)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

You've given us some great drawings this month, D-Rock.

Also, nice work, dryideabat and Tinnier.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Spines, great for protection, a hassle when the wind is blowing leaves.

And thanks for the words, everyone! I’ll take a very short break from art, and put some work into another little side project that’s been languishing for a long while.

Though granted, I should be focusing on Tales of Babylon…
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

"Should" is a measure that relies on some outside standard, and it's often good to question whether that standard of measure is useful or not ;)
I say you "should" work on what brings you joy. And it certainly seems that despite the hard work, finishing these prompts fit that standard of measure, so it's totally what you "should" have been doing :D
And thanks for sharing them, I enjoyed your spin on the prompts
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really like all of the pictures that were posted here because they are just lovely! Great job everybody!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

A quick 5 minute sketch of what myself and Mrs Deer will be doing shortly.

Fireworks.jpg
Fireworks.jpg (286.66 KiB) Viewed 4523 times
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Didn't know you were in the UK, Dear Deer. (Or did I just forget? It's hard to remember.)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Beautiful piece!
Harry Johnathan

Lovin' that contrast of black and white. Reminds me of chalk paintings on a sidewalk or a photo negative.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sophronakatars.png
Sophronakatars.png (179.12 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
Katar – An unusual blade made more for piercing than slashing. While Sophrona prefers to use her claws, she does see the merit in this weapon.

Hornbill – A very strange weapon from a foreign land, allegedly meant to mimic a type of bird. It’s weight and shape make it better for slashing, though it’s also an unbalanced weapon that is difficult to wield.

Bladed Glory – Apparently an experimental weapon from a corrupt politician. After alerting the authorities of his dark intentions, the EbonyClaw found this weapon in his possession.

Lobotomizer – The weapon of choice for the previous leader of the EbonyClaw, a sadistic individual. Sophrona was able to catch her eye, though she turned this weapon against her when Sophrona began to make more positive changes to the clan. Sophrona won this fight.

Sapphire Burst – Belonged to some rich merchant who loved to show off his wealth. Sophrona bought this weapon off of him as it piqued her curiosity. Despite how it looks, it handles well.

Rockfist – An on-the-fly weapon made when Sophrona didn’t have access to her usual weapons. Simple, yet destructive, making up for it’s lack of reach and heavy weight.

ShadowClaw – A weapon passed down among the EbonyClaw. It was at one point paired with another weapon, but that had recently been missing. Sophrona told her clan to not worry too much about its whereabouts.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That work is just marvelous you two! I love the way they both came out and they are really beautiful!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:59 pm Didn't know you were in the UK, Dear Deer. (Or did I just forget? It's hard to remember.)
I guess Guy Fawkes is not a big event in the USA (I don't know I must confess), remember remember the 5th of November ;)

Vicious looking armoury there D-Rock, the lobotomizer sounds particularly nasty.

Daunted
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

DDeer wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:22 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:59 pm Didn't know you were in the UK, Dear Deer. (Or did I just forget? It's hard to remember.)
I guess Guy Fawkes is not a big event in the USA (I don't know I must confess), remember remember the 5th of November ;)

Vicious looking armoury there D-Rock, the lobotomizer sounds particularly nasty.

Daunted
Those who want to know of Guy Fawkes might like the comedy radio play linked. I believe it'll work worldwide for a month but can't be sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b00nks8c
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ominous arsenal there, D!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Guy Fawkes isn't celebrated in the US to my knowledge as far as I know. Its a custom that originated in England and of course they would still do it over there.

Much like the people in the UK don't celebrate the 4th of July, the US doesn't celebrate it either. It is based on an event that took place in the UK and most Americans have never heard of
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good conclusion of the exhausting drawing October, D-Rock. ;) Eheh, that's the bad side of falling leaves for an hedgehog, lovely comic, Tinnier. :D Nice sketch, DDeer. :)
Harry Johnathan

Guy Fawkes Day was celebrated in America during the 1600s but under the name "Pope Day". Children would burn effigies of the pope as a defiance of Catholicism.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But I'm pretty sure it was never celebrated for the reason that the UK does in modern day. That is what I meant.

Back then Catholicism was being forced on everybody. Now it might be one of the most popular religions.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. I’ll work on Micah’s set next. He also only got two weapons.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks all, I now know more about where and how Guy Fawkes night is celebrated (or not celebrated), never really considered it in any depth before (although I recall doing about the history behind it at school, quite a fascinating story). I suppose it stands to reason that that celebrations like these would evolve or die out in other countries. The fireworks were good, went to a local display in the village :-) Nice to see people out and about again, fireworks can make Mrs Deer a bit jumpy, she doesn't like the big fireworks (I find that quite endearing) but she was brave and enjoyed them none the less :-)

Been doing a bit of hand drawing of late, experimenting with a more rough and ready style, a few non-specific characters.

Doodles.jpg
Doodles.jpg (700.23 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looking nice, man!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job on this Daunted! Are they people that you know?