Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: Art Thread

Post by D-Rock »

Whipped this up for Superstar’s birthday!
Attachments
9F019C94-613C-4F4F-B54F-FC056083DF7D.png
9F019C94-613C-4F4F-B54F-FC056083DF7D.png (173.27 KiB) Viewed 7025 times
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Awesome!
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really cool job on this! Of course now I want cake. XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Made another set, this time for Mirage.
14C8BC88-C0C5-4E2A-A0A3-2A8285E06729.gif
14C8BC88-C0C5-4E2A-A0A3-2A8285E06729.gif (122.37 KiB) Viewed 6886 times
Mirage with Al Mi’raj - Default
World Hopper with Spiral - Mirage took this look after one of her travels. She came across an entity that she couldn’t tell if they were mortal or immortal, yet the fact that the two of them were on the same mission led to a surprising friendship to form. While I don’t have the pattern to show, this is based on one of Dusk’s past characters.
Seekers Visage with Ethereal - Caleb was once tasked with securing an incredibly powerful artifact before an Infernal found it. Donning his relative looks, Mirage bought him time by distracting the Infernal long enough to find it.
Guardian Serpent with Spinal - Made in honor of Mirage’s mother, Laurana, who is held in high regard in her station.
Fire of Love with Curved - Made in honor of her love, Macabre.
Chosen Avatar with Marbled - Upon meeting a somewhat unusual mortal rabbit, Mirage found herself intrigued by him.
Shining Light with Bloomed - the appearance Mirage took when accessing more of her power. Despite the upgrade, it pales in comparison to her Celestial form, rendering the form mostly worthless.
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Another cool set again D!
And another great, pretty birthday card; the stars are awesome, love it :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

PC:

Android:

Plankton:

Maxwell's Collar:

Grape's Collar:

Mama Miow from Sagwa's Jewelry:

Nega Breel's Dagger:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great work to both Rocky and Oded! The artwork has really come out very incredible!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Mirage looks good in the set D-Rock, cool collars oded, the bell is clever.
Disproportionately Dappled
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Great work everyone.
Neat 3D models Oded. Nega Breel's dagger looks cool.
Nice draws D-Rock. Interesting, so Mirage met David. I wonder if he mistook her for a regular rabbit? :lol:

Here's a quick sketch to go with a quick story. It's Jacque the jackalope (left) versus Lulu the wolf (right).
https://www.deviantart.com/nleonardo87/ ... -878125903
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Threatening a god. Very fine line between bravery and foolishness. And thanks, bat!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Nice draw, Nicholas, Jacque is getting some troubles... ;) Good work with all those renders, OdedZeituni98. :D Nice draws, D-Rock. :)
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks all. :D True, while Jacque is not one to harm a mortal, dancing with a demigod is an invitation to be smote.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really awesome work with the picture Nicky! I really do like the story that goes with it you posted also!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Kangaroo Rocky for Species Change Week! Used an image of Roosevelt as a reference.
Attachments
D4425186-C251-48F0-8C95-878F6FC0035C.png
D4425186-C251-48F0-8C95-878F6FC0035C.png (126.32 KiB) Viewed 6644 times
Harry Johnathan

Awesome sauce, Rocky! :smile:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Wow, that's cool, I love kangaroos - very cute D!
And again very good work(s) Nick and Oded.

Actually, I wanted to do something else, but coincidentally, I mixed something up and got an idea. I remodled Huck a bit and now I think he looks a bit ... well ... cuter and more chubby than in my first drawing. What do you guys think?

Huckaby.png
Huckaby.png (384.39 KiB) Viewed 6624 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harry Johnathan

Aw, that's coot! :D Not really a fan of the Tufts on his legs for reasons I can't explain (asethetic tastes, I guess? :oops: )
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 am Aw, that's coot! :D Not really a fan of the Tufts on his legs for reasons I can't explain (asethetic tastes, I guess? :oops: )
He's got a good diet, Rydr XD
But hedgehog legs are not that short, I always thought that too until I once rescued one from a hole. In my hands he curled up at first, but as soon as I put him down on the floor, he started a very good sprint. That's when I saw for the first time how long hedgehog legs really are.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looking pretty good!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice work on your pictures Tinnier and Rocky! They look really great!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And got some for Caleb.
7D0808BB-243D-4DC4-AE43-885952196480.gif
7D0808BB-243D-4DC4-AE43-885952196480.gif (147.6 KiB) Viewed 6513 times
Caleb with Starburst - Default
Tyrant’s Folly with Iron Mace - Caleb once came across a chief rabbit who had suffered several losses. Caleb initially took pity on him, yet his attempts to help were violently rejected. This appearance was a reminder that some people refuse help.
Guardian Daemon with Demon Mace - Once when taking care of Oliver, demon hunters detected him as a demon and sought to eliminate him. While mortals can’t harm Celestials, Caleb took steps to scare off the attackers. He took their fallen weapon, and learned that despite their name and intended use, there is nothing separating the weapon from a standard mace.
Holy Healer with Magic Rod - Caleb became acquainted with another Celestial, in training to become a healer. While this path didn’t pan out for Caleb, he kept in touch with said Celestial. The weapon was a wand that was initially meant for magic, but has since lost its charge. This skin is in reference to dryideabat’s character, Jacque, the jackelope.
Opener of Ways with Lapin Laughter - Caleb became concerned when a mortal rabbit was being worshipped as a prophet, but learned that he wasn’t the one that even started it, and even tried to get others to stop. This appearance is made to commend said mortal.
Fount of Life with Horn of Life - While this appearance comes up when Caleb is activating his stronger powers, it has no effect on the weapon, which was made from one of his shed antlers when a mortal found it, believing it could harness great power. Said mortal was mistaken.
Corrupted Seeker with Purified Mace of Phlegethon - While all Celestials can remove Infernal powers from artifacts, Caleb is a unique case. Not only can he detect anything of Infernal origin much more easily than Celestials of his rank, but he can also expedite the purification processes by absorbing the essence into himself. The downside is that the essence can briefly contaminate him, causing him to be more violent. This effect usually dissipates very quickly, but the strongest Infernal artifacts can last much longer. Upon purifying one of the most vicious and darkened of Hell’s weapons, the Mace of Phlegethon, the corruption remained in him for an incredibly long time, leading him to be locked away in confinement. It was quite a while before he returned to normal, yet the ordeal made him to never attempt to purify that specific item ever again.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just love the colorations that you chose! Awesome work!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Tinnier wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:14 am Wow, that's cool, I love kangaroos - very cute D!
And again very good work(s) Nick and Oded.

Actually, I wanted to do something else, but coincidentally, I mixed something up and got an idea. I remodled Huck a bit and now I think he looks a bit ... well ... cuter and more chubby than in my first drawing. What do you guys think?

Huckaby.png
Looks good Tinnier, I think it is an improvement.

good drawings of Caleb, like the antlers (but then again that shouldn't really be a surprise I guess).
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Nice species change, D-Rock and Tinnier, and very good work with your draws. :)
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Oh, that's very nice D-Rock, I love the Opener of Ways - vision.

Thank you all for the great comments.
Also, I overwork my first digital drawn comic at the moment, I should have it ready by the weekend to show.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, everyone. I’m not sure who to do next, so I’m open to suggestions.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Looking forward to seeing your comic Tinnier.

I recall you having an Equine character D-Rock, how about featuring them next, would be nice to see some more horsey types on here.

I've got a new drawing but you'll have to go to Media Median: A Briar Patch Tale to see it as it is one of Welsh Halfwits characters and is soon to feature in said tale created by Welsh, hope you like it (thanks Welsh). While you're there why not have a read, a good story so far :)

Daunted
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ah, Barry, been a while since I even thought of him. Alright, gonna have to do some reference hunting.

And just looked at the art for the story, looks rather nice, Daunted.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You can pop it up here if you like, Ddeer!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Here you go Mr Hadrian Jak
Attachments
Jak.jpg
Jak.jpg (320.98 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Handsome guy, isn't he?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

He sure is! :D
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Tarot's Collar I made
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Pretty neat.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:15 am He sure is! :D
Why thank you both, cool collar!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Decided to get some more weapons done. Been a long while since I focused on just those.
spirit maces.png
spirit maces.png (107.67 KiB) Viewed 6271 times
Holy Aspergillum - Mortal-made tool meant to spread holy water. This particular one has been enhanced by Celestials, increasing durability and allowing any water drawn with it to become consecrated. Very useful in warding off demons.

Mace of Phlegethon - An infamous weapon carried by the most brutal and often highest-ranking Infernals. They are enchanted to cause severe pain in a victim, which their wielders relished. It was surprisingly common for the worst of these to go about randomly attacking lower-ranked demons. Even those who should be safe from assault, such as nobility, were wary of those trusted to wield these. Only upside is how cumbersome and slow they are to use.

Purified Mace of Phlegethon - A mace somehow made its way to a mortal realm, and was successfully confiscated by Caleb. Intrigued by the dark aura it emanated, he quickly got to work purifying it. This, however, came with a cost; the darkness that Caleb consumed to purify the weapon warped his very being, more so than any other Infernal artifact he had done this procedure with. This made him much more violent, leading to the need to keep him in a solitary place to prevent any possible damage to mortal realms. It was quite some time before Caleb managed to return to his normal self, yet the experience led him to vow to never attempt to purify this type of weapon of this caliber in this manner again, opting to instead use the much slower methods of purifying artifacts, or destroying them. The purified form has the advantage of being much more durable, and even manages to repel the base mace. However, rogue Infernals such as Macabre, Aria, and Vex still do not feel comfortable being around this weapon, with Macabre even telling Caleb that it would have been better to destroy it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice work on all of them! I was wondering what the tool a priest uses to sprinkle water was called.
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Nice guy Mr. Daunted-Deer :)
And a very nice collar Oded.
Terrifying weapons! Good work D! You always put a lot of effort into your work, that's great!

Unfortunately, I couldn't overwork all strips of my comic at once, I was to busy this week. But at least I managed to get strip number one done. Number two and three follows.

"A Friend You Can Rely On" is a cat and mouse comic with Samantha (Sam) the cat and Desmond the mouse. I hope you enjoy the comic.

A_friend_you_can_rely_on_1_COLOR.png
A_friend_you_can_rely_on_1_COLOR.png (699.63 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

For species change week, Hagus became a red panda. He is a bit upset at the lost height that came with the species change :P

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sucks sometimes, doesn’t it?

And now a set with Baruq, the Celestial Steed, and Mirage’s ex-boyfriend. This one never wielded weapons, so pretty easy for me.
3F8BA1AC-F475-4462-8C4C-6E6D9A40EDD3.gif
3F8BA1AC-F475-4462-8C4C-6E6D9A40EDD3.gif (165.52 KiB) Viewed 6063 times
Baruq - Default
Grand Stallion - Baruq once came across a mortal who prided himself in stamina over speed. Baruq took the time to train under him for a time.
With the Wind - In the same world, Baruq found another mortal who preferred speed over stamina. Baruq also learned what he could from him, in the hopes of combining the two studies.
Conqueror - Baruq’s interpretation of the Horse of the Apocalypse.
War - Baruq’s interpretation of the Horse of the Apocalypse.
Famine - Baruq’s interpretation of the Horse of the Apocalypse.
Death - Baruq’s interpretation of the Horse of the Apocalypse.

It should be noted that Baruq has never actually come across them.