Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

DDeer

Re: Art Thread

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:19 am Great job on this Daunted! Are they people that you know?
Thanks, not consciously but maybe sub-consciously, who knows? I was just doodling whatever came to mind at the time ;)
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of your artwork, you ever gonna finish the story about the fox made of stars?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And a crossbow set for Micah.
crossbows.png
crossbows.png (138.44 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
**Crossbow **- Basic long-range weapon. Micah started carrying after almost being killed by a feral, despite others saying that a more close-range weapon would be more beneficial.

**Armor Breaker** - An old weapon designed to break through armor. Still packs a lot of power, though it has seen better days.

**Holy Bolt** - Found in an antique shop, supposedly belonged to a group of clerics. Despite the name, it has no enchantments. It is easier to load than other crossbows, but the trade-off is range and power.

**Devil's Prongs** - Micah once arrived in a town that had managed to fend off a bandit attack, and this was found dropped by one of them. Probably meant to increase damage output, yet its shape makes the bolts wildly inaccurate.

**Graveyard's Treasure** - Micah once came across a crazy old man trying to sell this, claiming it was fashioned from the remains of the dead. He could easily see that this was not the case, yet Micah rather liked how it handled. He was able to negotiate a lower price on this fake bone weapon.

**Mighty Crossbow** - An experimental weapon from a dealer, the bow on top is removeable to allow it to be used as a standard bow should a need arise. Surprisingly strong despite its collapsible nature, though as a regular bow it is rather weak due to its small size.

**ShadowClaw** - Micah received this as a gift from one of his closest fans, both as a sign of affection and to protect him in the wildlands. Handles exceptionally well, despite the fact that it is apparently really old. There are some notches on one side hinting that it was meant to be paired with something else in the same hand, yet even by itself it is very formidable.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great work on how those bows came out Rocky! They look really nice!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! Now got some masks for Lilith.
B83074F1-1C60-4456-9A47-EC4D8CC6B895.png
B83074F1-1C60-4456-9A47-EC4D8CC6B895.png (111.79 KiB) Viewed 2857 times
**Serpent’s Temptation** - A deceptively seductive mask meant to imitate Lilith’s namesake.

**Goetia Heiress** - Mostly meant for formal wear, it also has an intimidating aura to it.

**Mask of the Jester** - Lilith once came across a strange entity wearing this mask. Lilith demanded to see what they looked like after they seemed to be wary of her. The entity obliged, and Lilith soon awoke with the entity gone and this mask left behind.

**Ferocious Tiger** - A mask meant to be intimidating, though some have stated that it looks cute. They tend to not say so when Lilith is actually wearing it.

**Father’s Lament** - Halphas made it clear to Lilith that the reason he was so much more involved with her was because he failed as a parent to his son and wanted to begin changing how he interacted with his children. However, he has also been rather open about his dislike of some of Lilith’s more extreme actions, finally reaching a schism after her assault on Macabre.

**Mother’s Joy** - Gretchen also initially ignored Lilith like she did Macabre, though eventually had her interest pique when she began to notice some of Lilith’s activities. She became much more involved in raising Lilith after she enacted a surprise assault on Macabre and his family, even if the mission ended in failure for Lilith.

**Controlling Voice** - A mask meant to instill a sense of fear into others. It also amplifies Lilith’s voice to be more dominating on the battlefield. There is an enchantment on the mask, which allows Lilith to enter a state of combat rage much more quickly.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonderful work as always! You are such a good artist!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Looking good D-rock, like the cross-bows, hard to draw I imagine.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:00 pm Speaking of your artwork, you ever gonna finish the story about the fox made of stars?
Maybe one day Dayzee, when inspiration hits, started more as an experiment, I need to work at drawing bears more first I think.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

DDeer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:57 am Looking good D-rock, like the cross-bows, hard to draw I imagine.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:00 pm Speaking of your artwork, you ever gonna finish the story about the fox made of stars?
Maybe one day Dayzee, when inspiration hits, started more as an experiment, I need to work at drawing bears more first I think.
So you're saying that better bears are ur sine of improvement? :twisted:
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is exactly what it sounds like he is saying. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, and yeah, crossbows are hard, which is why I went for the easier top-down view.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Those masks are seriously intimidating!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Then they did their job. :D
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Very nice sketches, Ddeer. The one with the fireworks is simple yet very touching.
Cool weaponry as always, D-Rock. As if Lilith couldn't be any scarier. I can only imagine how she sounds with the Controlling Voice.

Here's a double feature, the first featuring D-Rock's characters, Gretchen and Macabre. The second is Dr. Theta and his latest encounter with someone capable of overpowering his control (also with tape recordings https://www.deviantart.com/nleonardo87/ ... -897484962)

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:14 pm
Cool weaponry as always, D-Rock. As if Lilith couldn't be any scarier. I can only imagine how she sounds with the Controlling Voice.
Thanks! I actually modeled that mask after the character of Winifred from a series that was at the time called Satellite City. He made several model test animations of the various characters, one of which was of Winifred to the song "Control" by Halsey. The homage was due to the fact that this video was the direct inspiration of Lilith in the first place. Can't link due to language, and can't say anything about the current state of the series, as it has gone through a major reboot that I haven't kept track of.

And some very impressive pieces, Bat! Once again, thanks for this piece! And it seems that Dr. Theta is realizing that despite all of his power, there are some things that even he has to answer to.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Really like the drawingn of Gretchen Dryideabat, you have a knack for noses ;)

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:06 am
DDeer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:57 am Looking good D-rock, like the cross-bows, hard to draw I imagine.
So you're saying that better bears are ur sine of improvement? :twisted:
I could bear getting better at them ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I need to go and take an antacid because these bad jokes are giving me a stomachache. :cry:
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I have some bad news for you, Dayzee. Anyway, want this picnic basket I found? I also need you to pick up some Charmin Ultrasoft from the store. I gotta go play with Piglet now, bye!
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

...All of that went SO far over my head it didn't affect me. ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I haven’t the slightest clue how what he said applied to puns or the art. :?:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very good work with these new draws, Nicholas. :D Nice sketches, DDeer. :) Good work there, D-Rock. ;)
Harry Johnathan

D-Rock wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:47 pm I haven’t the slightest clue how what he said applied to puns or the art. :?:
All of the things I just said are bear puns and refrences.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ah. Those aren’t puns, but they’re definitely references.
Harry Johnathan

People usually make bad puns. I am unique. I am bad at puns.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

This might help, then.
Attachments
0B4393A0-A392-41AC-A163-493AB26A188B.jpeg
0B4393A0-A392-41AC-A163-493AB26A188B.jpeg (209.32 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I could stand to learn from puns also. Though bad puns make me run to the bathroom. XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wanted to make David a type of wind instrument player after a similar idea fell through with Oliver, and ended up deciding on an ocarina.
Attachments
0FD798CD-1398-45B2-9FFF-3D46D1F7EE42.png
0FD798CD-1398-45B2-9FFF-3D46D1F7EE42.png (92.45 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really awesome job on how it came out! Though I thought you were gonna try to give him a flute?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ocarina was cooler.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Have to say I totally agree with that.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

For much of his life, Oliver felt uneasy about the fact that he was half-demon. Many were not subtle about what they thought of him. As much as he loved his father, he knew that Macabre also dealt with this, yet seemed to let it slide much more easily than Oliver could.
Mirage and Macabre presented this amulet to Oliver when he was very young, an amulet made of heavenly jade and silver from hell. It was meant as a reminder that despite where the pieces were from, it could still be a beautiful end result, what mattered was how it was used.
It was difficult for Oliver to internalize this, until the time came that he had to go all out against Lilith. He had no hope of defeating her, unless he was finally honest with what he was. With this resolve, he finally grasped onto his Infernal essence, and Awoke to his full power.
Attachments
5503B663-ED97-4157-B7B9-6D4120AAF7EC.png
5503B663-ED97-4157-B7B9-6D4120AAF7EC.png (118.35 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Like the way it came out like I said before. Oliver needs a hug!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Not feeling in the mood for strenuous art, but still feel like making art. Maybe it’ll help me get in the mood for the next character set. So, PM me a question you’d like my characters to answer. If you can, be specific as to who it’s directed at.
Harry Johnathan

Superman
Superman
Untitled1211_20211120135750.png (308.63 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Pretty interesting style.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love the work you put into Superman here! Also a bit bittersweet because the building that is based on the Daily Planet which is over in my state, Industrial National Bank Building, which is VERY similar to the Daily Planet building seems to be in danger of being repurposed or torn down since it is vacant and has been for a few years.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:13 pm Love the work you put into Superman here! Also a bit bittersweet because the building that is based on the Daily Planet which is over in my state, Industrial National Bank Building, which is VERY similar to the Daily Planet building seems to be in danger of being repurposed or torn down since it is vacant and has been for a few years.
Really? That sucks. :cry:
D-Rock wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:33 pm Pretty interesting style.
Thankies! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm hoping that it doesn't happen but I'm not sure if that will be enough. As I said, its been vacant for a few years.
Harry Johnathan

Some art I did for Hagus.
Hagus in the Desert
Hagus in the Desert
Untitled1211_20211120113148.png (335.86 KiB) Viewed 2530 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Really cool!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great job Harry! I love how it came out!