Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: Art Thread

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:45 am

What, did Mirage make a joke about the mate of someone she flirted with coming for revenge? :lol:
No. Just enjoying each other's company. Though I will say, I have been wanting to do a piece to show that Mirage did indeed have a previous Celestial boyfriend, and while the break-up was mutual and amicable, she doesn't like the idea of coming across him again. Though to be the fair, said ex is also as uncomfortable with the idea as well.

And Mulder is going to be a huge threat to the world. If he can best both Arezzo and Jacque so easily, they're definitely going to want to call in reinforcements. Pretty intense when a godly weapon is shown just snapped.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If something like that happens, you know that the apocalypse is coming soon and coming HARD.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and we thought all we had to do was get past the coronavirus. sigh.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thank goodness no one has made any jokes about Mulder's name... Being a necromancer in addition to a god of rot, I guess his partner would be Skully...

As for Jacque, he's still a god in training and has become more of a healer than a fighter over the last few thousand years. He was only sent because everyone else was busy with greater matters.

Any way, just when all hope seemed lost, something awoke within Arezzo... Perhaps it was out of an instinct inherited from his mother to stop anything from breaking the separation between the living and dead. He transformed, unlocking an incredible power. With a reality-warping punch, he undid the transformation to the sun. He then turned his attention to Mulder, giving him the fight of his life. Before Arezzo could deal the finishing blow, the power faded and he lost consciousness. Fortunately, Cerberus finally arrived on the scene to quickly/easily put Mulder back in his place.

Then came the matter of what to do with Arezzo, someone who the gods did not even know existed. They could not see him beyond the 5 mortal senses. Cerberus suspected that he might have something to do with Homer. However, she saw in his eyes an innocent pure-hearted youth with good intentions and thus decided to leave him be.
Attachments
Arezzo_Beast_Form.jpg
Arezzo_Beast_Form.jpg (198.03 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is good for Arezzo that he managed to stop the dead from rising again and defeat Mulder! I like the way you drew him! I think he's kind of a hunk. :P
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

*the dead would rise and serve a necromancy
*send a healer to fight
*Heaven still had more important priorities

When your vantage point is Eternity, the way Heaven prioritizes something doesn’t make sense to mortals. Then again, all Kitsune did when Hell was close to invading Earth was offer words of encouragement.

Pretty cool that Arezzo’s Beast form takes aspects of all three “parents.” Kinda wondering if Cerberus will have someone keep an eye on Arezzo since they can’t remotely monitor him. Despite sensing good intentions, an untrackable demigod is still a pretty serious thing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that anybody really has to worry because this and Cerberus sensing it proves that he will be nothing like his daddies.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Fair enough. Let's hope the other gods feel the same.

Got some new stuff to show from the past few days. Finally have the internet to post them.

First, Mirage taking notice of viable prey.
you look delicious.png
you look delicious.png (61.5 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
New image of Macabre's dad, Arin.
Arin.png
Arin.png (116.74 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
And had the silly idea of Arin having a hard time keeping track of the young, energetic Oliver after he was born, and eventually remembered that he's not bound to mortal limits on appearance anymore.
Best Grandpa.png
Best Grandpa.png (144.65 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

D-Rock wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 am *the dead would rise and serve a necromancy
*send a healer to fight
*Heaven still had more important priorities

When your vantage point is Eternity, the way Heaven prioritizes something doesn’t make sense to mortals. Then again, all Kitsune did when Hell was close to invading Earth was offer words of encouragement.

Pretty cool that Arezzo’s Beast form takes aspects of all three “parents.” Kinda wondering if Cerberus will have someone keep an eye on Arezzo since they can’t remotely monitor him. Despite sensing good intentions, an untrackable demigod is still a pretty serious thing.
When you put Kitsune's role in that arc that way, I now imagine him opening up a door out of nowhere every so often while the cast is being attacked and saying "I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you." :lol: I suppose Cerberus's instincts told her to have faith (all-knowing gods are capable of that, right?) in Arezzo and it will all work out in the end. And her faith will be rewarded by discovering Arezzo's true origins.
Conversely, Homer will be somewhat more skeptical with Arezzo when they meet (long story), suspecting that he may be associated with the demons they double-crossed and thereby sending the gullible youth on quests thought to be suicide.

Those drawings came out very nicely, D-Rock. :D Mirage is looking fierce, yet ever so slightly seductive. Oliver is always cute, and seeing him with his grandpa is extra heart-warming. Great work on Arin's anatomy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All I know if I need to stay really far away from the rabid bunnicorn now. :shock:

Though I do like how everything has came out! Is Arin a kangaroo (though only females have pouches I think?)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for the words, y'all. :D I'm learning to pay attention to reference pieces. I'm just glad that Rick did make full-body images of the kangaroos in the comics. Gave me something to look at.

I imagine that Arezzo will have some level of high hopes about meeting his father. If so, I don't see that ending well. Of course, then it's the question of if the jell-o anvil is canon. :lol: Though Homer will be in for quite a surprise when he realizes that the kid is just as durable as he is.

And yes, Dayzee, Arin is a kangaroo, and yes, he's a male one. As my post stated, he eventually figured out how to keep track of Oliver. He's a mortal in Heaven, if you don't remember. The comic has shown four examples of people changing their form to suit their desires or needs when they get there.

Actually had the scenario for when Arin figures this out planned.

Macabre and Mirage are picking up Oliver from Arin's residence
Macabre: "Thank you for looking after him, Dad."
Mirage: "From the looks of things, he gave you a run for your money?"
Arin, exhausted: "Yes...I've dealt with energetic joeys before, but this kid is really something else."
Macabre: "He's quite the slippery little devil, is he not?"
Arin: "Frankly, I started thinking about getting me one of those baby carriers. Easier to keep track of him in one of those."
Mirage: "But, you're a kangaroo, right?"
Arin: :?: "Um, yes. Why is that relevant all of a sudden?"
Mirage: "Why don't you keep Oliver in a pouch?"
Arin: :| "Mirage, I don't know how many kangaroos you've met in your travels, but only females have pouches. Males like me don't."
Mirage: "But, you're not a mortal anymore. Heaven removes limits."
Arin: "..."
Macabre: "All who are here are free to alter how they are, Dad."
Arin: :shock:
Mirage: "This should have been covered in Orientation. Did you forget that you could change your form however you like in any way?"
Arin: "..."
Arin looks down at his abdomen, and a pouch suddenly manifests
Arin, dumbfounded: "This. Changes. Everything."
Macabre: "And there we go."
Mirage: "Macabre, don't be surprised if we visit one day and your dad is some incomprehensible entity." :roll:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Asked for more suggestions, this time in a Discord server unrelated to Housepets. It was suggested I do one of these character memes. Much smaller than I'm used to drawing, but I think came out good.
characterdrawingmeme.png
characterdrawingmeme.png (203.37 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
Also, the "other style" one? The side is what the artist goes by on Twitter.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mirage really reminds me of a Medabot when. you have her done in the robot style. If I ever decide to think about that show again you have given me a great idea for a Medabot character now. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Metabotly speaking, of course.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wow, haven’t thought about that series in a really long time. Just had a generic robot look in mind.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I flashed back to it because it was one of the happiest times in my childhood when that show and others or even just Saturday morning cartoons were actually something and shown on local stations.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Mirage is the go-getter of the two, but sometimes Macabre surprises her. Especially when she was wondering if she wanted to give love another shot.

Mirage: "...so are we a couple now?"
Macabre: "I believed that was how one sets that intention in stone."
Mirage: "Works for me."
Attachments
kiss me.png
kiss me.png (89.51 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Precious <3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks ... needed to see something romantic today. ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Glad y'all liked them!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So is the two hearts above them to symbolize how "2 Becomes 1" like the Spice Girls song?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Not intended. I wanted to use a heart, but neither of them have red blood, so just made half Celestial and half Infernal blood.

Actually typing this reminds me that I never figured out what color Oliver would have.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I did some digging on the internet and apparently yellow and violet mixed together makes brown as they are both complimentary colors and all complimentary colors make brown (that would be red/green, yellow/violet and blue/orange).
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Such a tender moment, D-rock. :D Macabre being old-fashioned and taking passionate initiative in the relationship.

It has been a rough couple of weeks for me, but here's another double feature for your entertainment. The first I kind of regret doing in that I loved the animation of this character all over the internet... but not a huge fan of the song... Please don't kill me internet. I'm still young...ish? . I can't fully remember where I was going with it, for orange soda on an empty stomach may have been involved :lol: .

The second is D-Rock's own Mirage. Yes, I may have gone a bit off-model and out-of-proportion here too, but it's not like I know what I'm actually doing. :oops: Regardless, let's all agree that she is the best Almiraj rabbit-unicorn. Hope to keep seeing her. :D

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Again, amazing work, Bat! :D

I'm hoping that whatever you're going through, that you'll prove greater than it.

Here's to more works involving not just her, but my other characters. Heaven knows I’ve been neglecting a ton of them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really wonderful work as always Nicky! I really wish we can see more!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Amazing draws, Nicholas! :) Good work there, D-Rock. ;)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Great stuff :D
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks y'all. :D
D-Rock wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:10 am Again, amazing work, Bat! :D

I'm hoping that whatever you're going through, that you'll prove greater than it.

Here's to more works involving not just her, but my other characters. Heaven knows I’ve been neglecting a ton of them.
Thanks. For the most part, I have. I think I've gotten through the worst of a highly-frustrating cluster of incidences involving family and work. It's true: when it rains it pours. I'll spare everyone the details, but... I'm feeling better now.
Attachments
Happy_Bat.jpg
Happy_Bat.jpg (39.65 KiB) Viewed 4113 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sometimes all you can do is power through.

And have to say, forcing a smile is sometimes tough.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least when you smile it doesn't look like you are going to kill Batman. XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Finally on back to personal art, and finally took the time to show that Caleb and Aria do end up getting together. Plus, this is literally only the second time I've drawn Aria. I have too many characters.

Aria: "Is that how cats kiss? Or do they do the lick thing? Sorry, I didn't think I'd have to do this."
Caleb: "Any method is fine by me. :yellow_heart: "
kiss me 2.png
kiss me 2.png (93.93 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
In case this was forgotten, Aria's default form wasn't a cat. That's why she's suddenly wondering if she was showing affection "right."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And thus, the ship "Calia" was born. Will it rival "Macage" and "Nikovor", who knows maybe.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nice one, but I made that canon when I made Aria’s bio. It just wasn’t in the bio itself, but in a post immediately after.

And a reminder how disorganized everything regarding my characters is.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Canon couples do have ships too if that was what you meant or are you saying that its canon that they are a couple?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The latter.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I get it I was just joking about it rivaling Macabre/Mirage and Nikolai/Trevor since you never know which ship will be the most popular.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Trevor: "Never in my life would I imagine that I'd give my heart to a necromancer and demi-god."
Nikolai: "The tides of fate are indeed full of surprises."
Kiss Me part 3.png
Kiss Me part 3.png (69.01 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
Trevor hates necromancers and the undead. He falls in love with the demigod of necromancy who agrees to help him. Funny how that works out.
Also, yes, this is the first time I've offered a clear view of Nikolai's back and him without his helmet.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anymore characters being paired up? I need something to do and coming up with fun couple names seems like it would be a nice idea. XD
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

So much romance in the air. I'm sure Caleb's motor functions will return in an hour or so after that one. :lol: In Trevor's case, love overcomes prejudice, though is he still deep-down thinking "you're not like them (other necromancers)" when talking to Nikolai? Great work on these many cool characters D-Rock! :D