Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

DDeer

Re: Art Thread

Post by DDeer »

Very Suave, I do like a good hat. Puttin on the Ritz right there.

A little doodle since I haven't drawn in a while, how I feel at the moment (Tired but o.k.!!)

Tiredeer.jpg
Tiredeer.jpg (182.75 KiB) Viewed 4108 times
Disproportionately Dappled
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"But, sweetie, I thought you were kidding on the Rudolph cosplay..."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Don't forget people in 3 months is Christmas. He is already preparing for the holidays XD

Well done, Daunted ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I love his facial expression.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice work on the pictures! I'm so happy we have so many talented artists here!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks,

:D Just need the red nose.....

The collar and bell suits me (according to Mrs Deer :) )
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

@Tinnier: Awh, thank you so much for this great picture of Sebastian! I love his classic look here! :D

@DDeer: Oh wow, that looks really impressive! Really nice style. :)

Since it's skunktember it was time to draw my own skunk Sebastian again ^^

Tried a bit a different style on him this time :D

But of course he's still a blushy skunk :oops:

Sebastian Skunk

Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Aww, he's such a little cute skunk, lovely draw, Hukley! :D Cute deer sketch, DDeer. :) Such an elegant Sebastian, good work, Tinnier. :D Eheh, nice comic, Nicholas. ;) Holly doesn't want to waste any money, she must return that cheap object. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I find Sebastian to be a really cute and lovely skunk in the picture you did Hukley! Let's just hope he doesn't stink out the bathroom like Scotty did. XD
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Love the colours of the shading and the background Hukley, works really well, very vibrant.

finished my doodle, trying to get my lines cleaner.

tiredeer col.jpg
tiredeer col.jpg (313.08 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Are you SURE about this race, love? Reindeer vs Husky in a sled race?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:23 pm Are you SURE about this race, love? Reindeer vs Husky in a sled race?
Lol
Lol
the-fast-and-the-furious-logo-png-transparent.png (73.79 KiB) Viewed 3979 times
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Surely it should be the fast and the furriest!!!

This needs to be a poster :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Great job, everyone! I really missed a lot, didn’t I?

Finally got back to character gif sets.
8884D801-2704-41DC-BA0C-4A35A65908D9.gif
8884D801-2704-41DC-BA0C-4A35A65908D9.gif (243.48 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Macabre with Memento Mori - default

Soul Mate with Heaven’s Charm - a form modeled after the Celestial, Mirage. The violin is rather old, made from an unused harp in an attempt to gain the favor of other Celestials while Macabre was growing up. He quickly outgrew that phase.

Desert Walker with Electric Daisy - One of the few times Macabre made alterations to his appearance to better fit in with mortal coyotes. He still drew attention to himself through his external bones and lively use of an electric violin.

Foxpaw Heir with Stradivarius - A form made in reference to his first Avatar. He played this borrowed violin in order to ease the spirits of the rest of the clan who were wary of having an Infernal in their presence.

Ancestor’s Festival with Coral Breeze - In his travels, Macabre came across a land that had a celebration honoring those that had passed on. He decided to join in with such an unusual festivity, as he had rarely seen an association with Death celebrated with such energy. While his instrument for the occasion was far from his best craftsmanship, it did bring joy to those celebrating, as well as the souls of those who visited.

Megalovaniac with Glam Rock - Macabre once came across an entity that seemed to straddle the line between living and undead. While he could sense limited power in him, he also sensed that he was not one to be trifled with. He did seem to enjoy a good time and appreciated Macabre’s music.

Dawnbound Son with C’est La Vie - A form in reference to the one who fathered Macabre, and the one who properly raised him.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job on everything all! It all looks so good!
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Well done, great job from everyone :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Looks good D-Rock, violins (and instruments in general) must be hard to draw I imagine, digging the glam rock one!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I cheated so much on the instruments. :lol:

I took the full frontal views of the instruments I already drew (these were enough of a hassle as is) and edited them on and warped them to attempt to show perspective, then added extra lines to give the illusion of it being drawn 3-dimensionally. Been doing this method for most of my works now.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Ah, now I see it, kinda reminds me of the false perspective you get on 2d scrrolling video games or Japanese woodblock prints of the edo period, works well, effective. I like the stylised perspective in some art, I often suspect many of the artists knew full well how to get a more true perspective effect but chose another method for stylistic and aesthetic reasons.

I know I tend to under do perspective in my sketches and most of my charcters are at the same angle ;)
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Little comic I made recently. A little bat with a bit bad luck...

OUCH!!!_COLOR_1200px.png
OUCH!!!_COLOR_1200px.png (939.02 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

I hope there's nothing wrong uploading this picture here, as far I saw, this thread isn't only for furry art, so it shouldn't be a big problem.
I drew this doodle almost two years ago, when I learned about perspective drawing and wanted to somewhat practice it on my own. I didn't really care for Physics and didn't like the teacher who taught it (because of his behavior), so I spent the classes doodling in my booklet. This shows a Soviet subway train arriving to a station, it's set in a fictive city.
The more I think about it, it seems less like a perspective drawing
The more I think about it, it seems less like a perspective drawing
IMG_20191112_122300-01.jpg (988.51 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Nice comic Tinnier, Mrs Deer loves bats, sonar must need recalibrating ;)

Looks pretty good single point perspective to me Chieris, works well for the theme. Like the Art Deco look of the train.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 am Nice comic Tinnier, Mrs Deer loves bats, sonar must need recalibrating ;)

Looks pretty good single point perspective to me Chieris, works well for the theme. Like the Art Deco look of the train.
Train makes me think of a local diner we'd visit downtown when i was a kid. They always buttered and toasted the hot dog buns.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheh, nice comic Tinnier, don't focus much on eating bugs, bat. :P Good work with the subway scene, Chieris. ;) Good job, D-Rock. :) Very nice result with the finished draw, DDeer. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Good job on everything once again! It all looks so nice!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

@Harry: The Fast and the Furriest: Bambi's Revenge, with Vin Diesel as thumper and Dwayne Johnson as Bambi.

@Chieris: Cool sketch. Good depth and perspective on the train.

@D-Rock: Ah, Macabre. Such a fascinating character, even meeting/drawing-in beings beyond his universe. And the different violins is a nice touch.

@Hukley: Ain't he the cute little stinker? I like Sebastian (and miss the series).

@Ddeer: Even when tired, he still wears a smile. I like the glassiness in the eyes.

@Tinnier: As a bat, I'm not amused. :lol: Not so much of a case as being blind as a bat as being greedy as a rat. All jokes aside, I like it.
DDeer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:16 am Great work Nicky, good premise for a drawing, now I'm wondering was it a Canine friend that of holly's that found bone creepy, intriguing.

The story goes is that the little guy one day accidentally unearthed his deceased predecessor in the backyard... Makes me wonder if people in the HP! universe bury their dead pets in the yard. Poor Holly did not know, but was chastised all the same. The others also scolded her for going out with Payne Bow because he is a renowned breedsist (unknown to Holly).

In extension to the awkward moment when Payne caught Holly in the trash:

Payne: "And here I thought poodles were supposed to be smart."
Holly: "...You're kidding me."
Payne: "Yeah, aren't you all supposed to be smart? Certainly more than this."
Holly: "Okay, first of all, it's not a matter of me not being smart so much as frugal. Not all of us are millionaires like you. Secondly... breedsist much? You really believe in that stereotype?"
Payne: "Well, it's true, right? Though maybe you and your sister are exceptions."
Holly: "...You're unbelievable! How shallow and small-minded can you be?"
Payne: "Look who's talking. If I'm so shallow and small-minded, why did you date me?"
Holly: "...True, I thought you were cute... And, yeah, you being a celebrity was a plus... But cuteness only goes so far! I never would have dated you if I knew this is how you were!"
Payne: "Whatever. If that's how it is, the door's that way."
Holly: *Walking away* "By the way, your name is a phonetic nightmare. Bow (as in a bow and arrow) or bow (as in bow-wow), choose one!"
Attachments
Holly_is_not_amused.jpg
Holly_is_not_amused.jpg (71.87 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
Hollys_Mistake.jpg
Hollys_Mistake.jpg (213.08 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Ah, I guess that would kind of take the shine off digging up bones, loving the eyes in that drawing. Holly looks seriously menacing in that last drawing, not a Canine to be trifled with!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love seeing your art Nicky! It is really beautiful!
Harry Johnathan

Spider-Man fan art
Spider-Man fan art
Untitled298.jpg (686.24 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"breedist"? Yeah, why not?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Good Spidey, palette works well along with the blurred background to give it depth, striking.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Missed a great deal of stuff! Nice deer drawings, Spider-Man is looking cool, nice job on the perspectives, Chieris, funny bat comic, and seems that Holly is having a hard time catching a break.

And now something I had been working on.
EF68AC6B-5872-4E96-B71C-81F6D4A7A318.gif
EF68AC6B-5872-4E96-B71C-81F6D4A7A318.gif (202.68 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
Trevor with Silver Sword and Magical Dagger - default.

Secret Ambassador with Scimitar and Magical Dagger - Despite his youth, Trevor’s chief, Sophrona, trusts him enough to send him on diplomatic missions to other shadow clans, a trust that is so far well-earned.

Undercover with Flame Edge and Salt Dagger - Trevor heard rumors that a force for fighting supernatural entities was gaining strength, so he infiltrated their ranks hoping to learn some new tactics. Unfortunately, while the group had the right ideas, their execution of said tactics were amateurish.

Badger with Sickle and Hook Knife - Modeled after a necromancer whom Trevor eliminated. He took these weapons as trophies.

Conspicuous Espionage with Iron Sword and Holy Knife - the Ebonyclaw heard whispers that a noble with rather eccentric dress codes for himself and his guards was secretly making use of dark and supernatural forces to further his own endeavors. Trevor was tasked with getting close and learning the truth. The noble is no longer a threat. One should take care when using powers beyond your understanding.

Lovesick with Silver Sword and Heartful Cry - A haunt was able to take Trevor by surprise one day. However, the haunt made no attempt to attack, instead she gave Trevor a dagger, saying that he had won before disappearing. He brought this up with his benefactor, the demigod, Nikolai, about this. Nikolai merely informed him that he had nothing to worry about anymore.

Leviathan’s Lover with Beyond Death Set - Nikolai is of the lines of the Leviathans, powerful and ancient Celestials that prefer not to get involved with mortals at all and even avoid other deities. Nikolai is unique in his interactions with others. When their bond grew intimate, Nikolai allowed Trevor a fragment of his power should the need arise, which proved much greater than the power afforded to Trevor through his contract with Nikolai.
Harry Johnathan

I love the fact that he's a fierce warrior whose name is Trevor.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I’m just really bad with names. :oops:
Harry Johnathan

D-Rock wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:34 am I’m just really bad with names. :oops:
Oh I thought it was intentional.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice jobs Harry and Rocky! Hope that you will continue! ^^
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. Sophrona is next, though I might make her a whole weapon set. I only made her two, same with Micah. I think I recall being super uninspired when I made them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Like the flashing costume colors.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Some people just have a real eye for colors. I like the combinations a lot!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Color theory is quite a helpful skill to learn. I only know a bit and wing it from there. All of these had me going back and forth on colorations.