Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Art Thread

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a really nice picture you did Tinnier! Lovely work!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

He looks rather nice, Tinnier!
96N64player wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 pm
Oliver's alternate colors are very nice D-Rock, would you mind if I asked what software you used to animate the image?
It’s a feature in Procreate. Select Share as Animated Gif, and some options such as frame rate and dithering pop up. Just make sure the layers aren’t grouped, I had it like that and it refused to save properly until I ungrouped the layers.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that you know how to do it I hope you plan on actually showing all of your characters like that!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Great 'Hog Tinnier, cool Spine mohican going on there :-) You've got the spikes well.

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Got another one, this time for Ermina. She carries herself as any high-society lady would, but when it comes to battle, she’s a feral beast. Keep your distance from her fangs. They’re venomous.
ADEADE96-1592-43DA-8CAB-544F24E993D0.gif
ADEADE96-1592-43DA-8CAB-544F24E993D0.gif (147.96 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
Ermina with Pure Elegance - Default look.
High Society with Formal Attire - A more sophisticated look. Ermina is not afraid to get her hands dirty, regardless.
Sea Denizen with Anemone - Assembled for a banquet thrown by an ocean god. While it was praised, Ermina wasn’t too crazy about the look.
Soulful with Soul Waves - Ermina was once complimented on the color of her eyes. She decided to see how it would look as her primary coloration.
Best Friends with Al’Miraj - Made in honor of her friend, Mirage, in a tournament for when she was unable to enter. Ermina made it very far in the competition.
Fine Spirits with Throw of Bacchus - a gift from the god of Wine. Ermina is not fond of the appearance, but didn’t want to turn down a gift.
Holder of the Shibboleth with Attire of the Fallen Judge - Ermina learned of a Celestial with a high position, and modeled this appearance after her. Said Celestial has been missing for some time after going rogue, betraying her position due to believing she could be a part of something better.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I can make a request of who you should do next, I nominate Sickle.

But really, INCREDIBLE work!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I was thinking either him or Nikolai. Show some characters some love.
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Cool! Very nice animation again D-Rock :D

Thanks guys for the great comments. I'll be posting more characters soon.
Also, at the moment I'm working on some projects that I've wanted to do for a long time. I hope to be able to show them here soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We are all gonna look forward to whatever you post! I am sure it will be incredible!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Wow, lot's of nice stuff here.

@Ddeer: Now that is a handsome buck. Such life in his eyes.

@D-Rock: I guess you can say Oliver has many twists. That joke aside, that's a really cool gif. Love the many weapons. And never underestimate a stoat. Ermina's probably great at drunken boxing, especially in her (sweet looking) Bacchus form.

@Tinnier: Huckaby looks like a cool little hedgy. The way you did the spines is very nice. And with your style, he looks like he might be friends with Rocko on Rocko's Modern Life.

Here's a couple of quick random concept sketches. The first one is Aureola the Sun Doggo. The second is Theta the Bat. Things have been a little stressful, so my artistic "skills" have been waning. At least there's some interesting story to go with them (links at the bottom of each image) :oops: ...
Image https://www.deviantart.com/nleonardo87/ ... -876325302

Image https://www.deviantart.com/nleonardo87/ ... -876325625
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I
dryideabat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 am Wow, lot's of nice stuff here.
Thank you, Nick. :)
dryideabat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 am Here's a couple of quick random concept sketches. The first one is Aureola the Sun Doggo. The second is Theta the Bat. Things have been a little stressful, so my artistic "skills" have been waning. At least there's some interesting story to go with them.
Oh, hush up. I think they look great! :D
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, Bat, and these two pieces look great!
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Thank you Dryideabat and good point, at second glance, he really looks a bit like he comes from the Rocko universe.

Don't worry, your Aureola and Theta are looking very good :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice work on the drawings Nicky! They don't look any different from what I remembered either!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks Dryideabat! love the Sun doggo, always like to see a Husky type. Hope things destress for you soon.

Ermina looking good D-Rock

Good luck with the project Tinnier

Here's a little something I'm working on, myself and Mrs Deer having a game of Snooker. Mrs Deer usually beats me.
snookerc.jpg
snookerc.jpg (254.92 KiB) Viewed 3922 times
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Well you keep getting put off by hitting the over table light...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:39 pm Well you keep getting put off by hitting the over table light...
Ha! Too true! Some shots are definitely hampered! ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looks great!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really beautiful drawing that you did! Now tell me honestly, have you ever been electrocuted by the overhead light? :lol:
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks everyone. :D Yeah, the stress has made it difficult to even keep my hand steady at times. It's not just the job or family matters... Let's just say that going out for a walk does not come without the occasional colorful comment from a random stranger... :( Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme!
Why_Bat.jpg
Why_Bat.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 3885 times

Really nice work there Ddeer. Nothing like a good old game of pool between a couple. I can't wait to see it colored.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sorry you have to deal with that, Bat. Here’s to better times.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

dryideabat wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:44 am Thanks everyone. :D Yeah, the stress has made it difficult to even keep my hand steady at times. It's not just the job or family matters... Let's just say that going out for a walk does not come without the occasional colorful comment from a random stranger... :( Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme!
Why_Bat.jpg

Really nice work there Ddeer. Nothing like a good old game of pool between a couple. I can't wait to see it colored.
Thanks Bat! I don't know your circumstances but being commented on/at by random strangers seems very unjust to me, that level of stress is no fun, hang in there, I hope things get better for you soon, do people around you know how stressed you are, are there people you can turn to?

Amazee, all I can say is that thankfully antler is not very electrically conductive ;) . Intriguingly I have had a 400V shock once in my life (accidentally) I won't go into details, very luckily for me the ampage was really low but I had a very strong headache afterwards and have never jumped so much in my life!

Daunted
96N64player

Post by 96N64player »

That is a very cute hedgehoge Tinnier, his spines are very well drawn.

Another neat animation D-Rock, Ermina is looking very sharp with those colors.

Nice sketches Dryideabat, I think they look very nice.

And the perspective for the background is really cool in that snooker drawing DDeer.

Here is the first drawing I made of my fursona, Jean Coyote. I actually drew him a couple months ago, but my brother was able to finally color him a few days ago.
Jean Coyote Color.png
Jean Coyote Color.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow the picture really is good! Hope to see more of your art!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Very cool!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Nice character draw, 96N64player. :) Very nice sketch, DDeer, and good work also to Tinnier and D-Rock! :D Nice draws as always, Nicholas. ;) I'm sorry for what happened to you. :|
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Really love your art style, 96N! It looks so smooth! I especially love the shading!
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Finally did Nikolai. You know, this is essentially a remake of my very first attempt at drawing him.
4B892EE2-62BC-4F39-98D9-B98674187E7A.gif
4B892EE2-62BC-4F39-98D9-B98674187E7A.gif (141.65 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
Nikolai with Heart of the Necromancer - Default
Mystic with Sorcerer’s Pact - takes on this shade should he ever make a contract with a mortal.
Best Friend with Guarded Heart - Many are surprised that Nikolai has friends at all, much less friends with Ermina. On the rare times that Nikolai needs someone to listen, he can always count on her.
God of Life with Living Serenity - At one point, Nikolai gave a new identity a try. It didn’t stick.
Intrepid Serpent with Burst of Life - During his travels, Nikolai came across an unusual mortal cat. He did like how he looked. (A reference to Gamecobra)
Unrequited Love with Yearning Heart - Long before he met Trevor, Nikolai found himself pining for Sickle. There was something about his carefree nature that called to him. Alas, the reality that Sickle had no interest in any form of romantic relationships was a point of inner turmoil for Nikolai. It would be some time before he would properly move on from this.
Voidspawn with Bound Soul - The form Nikolai uses when using his more powerful magic. Most of the bodies he reanimated are weak, meant only for menial tasks. In this form, however, he can make them much more combat-capable.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I like how this has come out! If Sickle isn't interested in love though, how can you like you said show him love? xD
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Say, that looks great, 96N64player. Well done with the soft lighting/shading.

Another really cool gif there, D-Rock. Nikolai's Voidspawn form looks sick! And it's always good to try new things with the whole God of Life form. At least he moved on and found love again after Sickle.

Thanks again everyone for understanding. To leave off on a cliffhanger, here's Arezzo finally confronting Homer. For a summary (https://www.deviantart.com/nleonardo87/ ... -876325848).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Time for the Destined Battle!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

96N64player wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:44 pm That is a very cute hedgehoge Tinnier, his spines are very well drawn.

Another neat animation D-Rock, Ermina is looking very sharp with those colors.

Nice sketches Dryideabat, I think they look very nice.

And the perspective for the background is really cool in that snooker drawing DDeer.

Here is the first drawing I made of my fursona, Jean Coyote. I actually drew him a couple months ago, but my brother was able to finally color him a few days ago.

Jean Coyote Color.png
Handsome lad, inviting and engaging sort, it seems.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Arezzo resembles the lion part of Homer a whole lot more so my money is on him fooling around with a mortal and trying to pass the buck to the other two. :mrgreen:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Great Gif D-Rock. Shading spot on and very striking N64, cracking job on the pyramid Dryideabat
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:17 pm Arezzo resembles the lion part of Homer a whole lot more so my money is on him fooling around with a mortal and trying to pass the buck to the other two. :mrgreen:
If only Arezzo's origin were that simple. It is far more entertaining... at the expense of Homer (cue "Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh" from Phantom :lol: ).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It’s been years since I made anything with melty beads, but decided to try to make Oliver’s amulet with them. The gaps are either because of my form in heating the beads, or the fact that the iron I used is probably as old as I am. Considering making a clay version.
Attachments
0283C6DB-E9E9-458D-9AF5-D3EF288690B4.jpeg
0283C6DB-E9E9-458D-9AF5-D3EF288690B4.jpeg (483.05 KiB) Viewed 3671 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That does look v ery nice and the spaces give it character! Wonderful work!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. Got the Infernal Pendant done as well.
Attachments
695F3CAC-C19F-4E0B-9EFF-1CC04DF3ADA8.jpeg
695F3CAC-C19F-4E0B-9EFF-1CC04DF3ADA8.jpeg (362.24 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Colorful and clever - great designs, D-Rock!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love the way that it looks! I had no idea this was a legitimate form of art either!