Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: Art Thread

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Cyber was an unwarranted and unexpected throw. This is a game where Mirage gets free donuts. Also, Macabre is smiling that Ermina made the goal. This is really just a game right now.

Unrelated note, got another set of weapons done, because I can't help myself. Halphas keeps a sword as his primary weapon, but he likes keeping pistols as secondary ones.
halphasgunsnamed.png
halphasgunsnamed.png (147.99 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
Flintlock Pistol – An antique firearm. Compared to most other known weapons in existence, completely worthless, though Halphas does like the idea of using such a weapon in duels. In his eyes, it’s the only way to have a proper duel.
Colt Dragoon – A sturdy weapon, despite being of an aged design, still holds very well. Halphas mainly keeps it around for appearances.
Energy Blaster – A strange weapon, found in varying designs in the realms. Fires bolts of super-heated plasma, though it can overheat if fired too quickly. So much so that Halphas finds it impractical.
Sawed-Off – A heavily-modified shotgun, meant to be wielded with one hand. Such a modification is often considered forbidden in mortal realms. While powerful, the knockback is incredible, and most people can’t even wield it for more than one shot. Halphas is not “most people.”
Pepperbox – Antique firearm meant for self-defense. It is a now obsolete design. Halphas keeps it for novelty’s sake.
Cooing Dove – A weapon forged for Halphas, modeled after the Desert Eagle. It can knock down even higher-tier enemies in one shot. It has an effective safety; the rail on the top and bottom become spikes when wielded by anyone else other than Halphas.
Archangel – Despite appearances, this is a Celestial weapon explicitly meant to be used against Infernals. Archangel weapons can take a great variety of forms. This particular model has been in Halphas’ line of sight for centuries, knowing it would pair well with his favored weapon, the Blade of the Morning Star.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great job on the pistols! They look really nice and fancy!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Well answered Mirage, that's my curiosity satisfied, I'd wondered about can opening being a possibility, Donut toss is genius, what a way to while away a few hours (although I bet it is a pain washing the sugar out of your fur). Wonder if it would work with antlers......

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

ascribe points (numerical) to different prongs...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Now there's an idea... you may be onto something, 2 points for a brow tine, 1 for a bez , 3 for the spellers etc. May need bigger doughnuts being a fallow ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 am Really great job on the pistols! They look really nice and fancy!
Time for a duel! Mr. Hamilton, DON'T call your office.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that people going into a duel with him will think they are gonna get a nice turkey dinner until he kills them. :lol:
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Wonderful stuff, all of you! I dig all of your characters and designs :D

I made a fun discovery today -- I found old art of OCs I forgot I owned! I have a trumpet dog named Tammy and a Glitzoo (closed species) named Pumpkin Vine. They date back to 2015, when I was friends with a Deviantart artist who helped me make these characters. Finding these pieces again was challenging because the artists who made the art either deleted them or deactivated their accounts, but fortunately I managed to track down old copies I uploaded elsewhere.

It's been sooo long since I've seen these characters. I don't know what I'm going to do with them but I won't lose them again, that's for sure <3 Liked are some albums with more!

https://imgur.com/a/z71a6yV
https://imgur.com/a/XLLVhIq
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for the words, everyone, and these seem pretty cool, Nathan!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Nice drawings, Nathan.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Love the colors and the sense of life and energy they project!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great job on the drawings Nathan! They look really impressive!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Nathan, like the cleanness of line, always trying to figure out how people get the sharp points on the fur outlines and shading. colour palette works well (good characters too!). Inventive Weapons D-Rock
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Oops I should add I didn't make those. I have zero drawing skill, sources are named in the albums :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, you did mention that someone else made the art in the original post.

New quick piece.
3E6C41DF-4703-49DB-B3AF-3C290B1E897F.png
3E6C41DF-4703-49DB-B3AF-3C290B1E897F.png (359.37 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
Infernal silver, Celestial jade. Two essences that are normally in opposition to each other. Yet now combined into a beautiful piece. It had no say in its outcome.

But I do, and I intend to be like this amulet.

Sometimes Oliver finds himself pondering his dual natures. Despite this, he’s wary of tapping into more of his Infernal essence.

At least until the situation called for desperate measures.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Opulent colors and shading.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Great drawing D-Rock. Love the colors.
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:40 am Oops I should add I didn't make those. I have zero drawing skill, sources are named in the albums :lol:
Still, cool characters.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Don't worry Nathan, realised from your original post another artist had drawn. Like the background shading D-Rock, very vibrant.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Ringer! There's a great use for a horn outside of combat if I've ever seen one. Great thinking Mirage.
Halphas is a demigod of fine taste in dueling weaponry. I'd choose the Cooing Dove. One shot, one kill.
Nice split aura on Oliver. I suppose it boils down to whether using the (dark) Infernal powers is still considered bad even if it's being used for good... though horrible things can start with good intentions.

Nice drawings too, Nathan. The idea of a trumpet dog is really interesting and cute. Does that mean her bark is replaced by trumpet tunes? :lol: And Pumpkin Vine looks like a fabulous dino.

...I miss little Holly. She really was sweet and had the strangest way of greeting people when they came home, showing her teeth and moving her mouth like she was saying "hello.".
Attachments
Holly_Welcomes_You.jpg
Holly_Welcomes_You.jpg (117.91 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really wonderful job all of the pictures you guys! Nicky I am still so sorry for your loss also. It sucks to lose a pet. :cry:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:58 pm Ringer! There's a great use for a horn outside of combat if I've ever seen one. Great thinking Mirage.
Gods just want to have fun. :lol:
dryideabat wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:58 pmHalphas is a demigod of fine taste in dueling weaponry. I'd choose the Cooing Dove. One shot, one kill.
The gentlemans weapon.
dryideabat wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:58 pmNice split aura on Oliver. I suppose it boils down to whether using the (dark) Infernal powers is still considered bad even if it's being used for good... though horrible things can start with good intentions.
I headcanon that the higher-ups don't mind "dark" powers if they are not used for selfish or intentionally destructive reasons, though perhaps the lower orders and mortals may not see that as the case. I keep the idea that Macabre has had to deal with demon hunters trying to exorcise him when he's just going about his business, or Oliver being antagonized by them. True, they can't harm either of them, but the thought is what counts, and they're not good thoughts.

Aye, it's hard when someone who was there for a long time is suddenly gone, Bat. It takes time.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Always hard, you've got a real knack of getting lots of character into your drawings of Holly.

Daunted
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Agreed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least you aren't killing her off as a character even if she did cross the Rainbow Bridge in real life.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks everyone. In a way, I like the idea of a part of her living on through my drawings.

Oliver's dilemma made me think of Arezzo and his own plight as he prepares to seek out Homer. In this picture, he visits his (adoptive) mother's grave to seek encouragement.

" Hi mother… Sorry I’ve been gone for so long. *sigh* I’ve tried to do what you said: live my own life beyond the caverns with courage, faith, forgiveness, tolerance, and understanding. I made some great friends along the way and seen a lot of amazing faraway places. But… things are changing in the world- things that I can’t begin to explain. Stronger and stronger folks have been popping up, some of which trying to destroy the forest. I’ve done all I can to keep my friends safe… even had to kill a fellow to do so. Everyone said he was just a heartless monster, but it still bothers me.
Fighting these strong folks, I also see that I have great power within me… But this power is starting to scare me. I feel myself losing control more and more- watching as things turn red and black before waking up to find the fight is over. I feel sick afterwards, though my friends tell me that I was amazing and ‘kicked butt’. I can't help but wonder if they are really afraid of me.
Now the forest is dying from some force beyond anything anyone has ever seen. We are powerless to do anything. I searched for another one of the mystic guardians- Aureola- to see if she could help. She wasn’t too happy to talk and stuffed me in some diamond, where I saw… things. I saw a long winding path to a mountain, an old temple, a yellow three-headed lion-goat creature, and a bunch of horrible shadowy faces with fiery eyes. The three-headed creature seemed familiar for some reason. I somehow think these are important in not only saving the forest, but figuring out what I really am… what this power is inside me…
It’s just… I’m afraid to find out- to have to go dark and awaken that horrible power again. What if I lose all that I am?... No, I need to do this. It may be my only chance to fix everything. I have to keep having courage.
*sigh* It’s almost sunrise. I should get going then. Whatever happens, I will always try to make you proud. Love you. Take care."
Attachments
Homer_Mourning.jpg
Homer_Mourning.jpg (235.49 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who is the doe that is next to him?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Apologies if I'm wide of the mark but I'm guessing his adoptive mother? Going on her translucency.

Just to brighten things up a little I've put up my Christmas Lights, hope you like em! :D
Deerlights-small.jpg
Deerlights-small.jpg (104.01 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
Daunted
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Quite a somber piece, Bat. It’s scary feeling like you could lose yourself.

Liking the festive look you have going, DDeer!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Finally Ddeer's smiling! :D
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Lovely tribute to your Holly, Nicholas, and other touching draw, too. :) Cute and happy deer, DDeer. :D Good work there, D-Rock and Nathan. ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks all,

I do smile on occasion :D (when not too daunted, Deer are naturally nervy creatures :? )

Christmas makes being a deer fun,
Dapples and snow go together,
With a bit of red paint and a bell,
You can dress up as Rudolph as well,
and have fun whatever the weather.

Corny I know :D

Daunted
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Yes, the doe next to Arezzo is his adoptive mother.
Very festive drawing Ddeer. Cool lighting effects, especially on the falling snow. Makes me want to decorate his antlers with Christmas ornaments. Nice poem too. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Very "en-deer-ing" is, I believe, the accustomed cliche response to a depiction like this one - elegent and well done, too, I should add.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really awesome job on the picture of yourself decorated in Christmas lights Daunted! So when do we get to put the ornaments on you? XD
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks for the lovely comments all, yes, hoping you'd find it "Deerlightful". Glad I got it right about the Doe (well drawn by the way, you've got the body proportions just right).

Ornaments, there's and idea, now where did I put that tinsel.......

Daunted
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Thank God I was even able to upload this.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UwZKZ211ekPJKyTQ9
Critics appreciated! :D
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it really came out incredibly well! You are not only a good writer but a drawer also! A combo that not many people are able to be.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Great comic, good imagination there.

So, how do you like my new look :D thanks for the inspiration all.
DeerhighlightsCsmall.jpg
DeerhighlightsCsmall.jpg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Awesome, man.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great work! I take it you couldn't find the tinsel? XD