Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Art Thread

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As long as she goes and eats them like certain monitors do by thrashing them about violently I wouldn't mind watching her eat. :mrgreen:
I suspect this'll be a basic chomp-and-gulp.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"Monitors," Dayzee? :?:

Anyway, yeah, Weston has it right. When she can, she makes her hunts as clean and painless as possible. Just grab, bite the right part of the neck, and a quick turn. Easy meal for her.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah monitors as a species of lizard's and not the computer screen. LOL
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

funny, she doesn't LOOK like a Komodo Dragon... or a computer part...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ah, I see.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I said that I hope that she EATS it like one. I don't know how her species eats (or even the technical name for it >_>) and I also forgot that she doesn't prolong the suffering of her prey (when I asked about the worst thing was she did to Sickle) which was answered a few pages back.

In short, my mind is a total mess that not even I can figure out at times. I remember some things and forget others. :|
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The son of Mirage and Macabre, Oliver. On the left is his normal look, on the right is a disguise he takes to appear as a full-blooded Infernal, initially used when he tried to infiltrate Hell to retaliate against Lilith. He didn't get too far, though.
Attachments
oliverbodyshot.png
oliverbodyshot.png (106.21 KiB) Viewed 11728 times
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

that thing on his chest looks like one of the attachment sockets from astroneer...

*tries to install a portable solar panel*
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Huh, neat. No clue what that is, though.

I've finished his set of amulets, actually. Just need to give them names and come up with descriptions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Let me guess? He wanted to get revenge against his aunt for something she did to his mother and father right?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Oliver was there during the attack, so yeah.

Also, here are the amulets.
Amulets.png
Amulets.png (90.64 KiB) Viewed 11691 times
Jade and Silver Amulet- Given to Oliver by his parents.
Ruby Eye- Mortal-made amulet found by Oliver. Supposedly part of a royal treasury.
Nova Burst- Celestial amulet that glows brightly at all times.
Heaven's Tear- Despite the name, this is a mortal-made amulet with nothing special about it.
Corona Amulet- Supposedly made by a cult that worshipped some unknown sun god. The cult is long-since gone.
Amulet of Life- Worthless trinket that Oliver obtained by a con artist. Said to contain healing powers, though Oliver just liked how it looked.
Soul Seal- Wax amulet designed by Cerberus to hide ones Celestial essence. Does nothing to hide Infernal heritage, which allowed Oliver to pass as a Demon in his attempt to infiltrate Hell.

As for his infiltration, I've been thinking that he's had this plan not long after the initial attack by Lilith. To his surprise, his parents fully supported his plan, even asking Cerberus to make the amulet. When the time came, he was successfully able to get through the gates of Hell, as the guard thought he was just another of the demons passing through. Before he got much further, though, he ran into Eudoant. The older demon didn't recognize him, but sensed nothing else out of the ordinary, and let him pass.

Until Oliver let slip the most inconsequential thing that completely blew his cover.

Before Eudoant could get anything out of Oliver after that, a portal opened that Oliver used to escape, leaving a rather ticked Eudoant to deal with the guard.

Turns out the portal was sent by his parents and Cerberus to begin with. They knew that it would be a fool-hardy mission, and wanted to make it clear to Oliver why such a plan was a bad idea, as they feared that if they told him not to, he'd go anyway without any sort of safety precautions.

Note: I haven't thought up what said slip that Oliver did would be, just found it funny if it was something like this. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was actually thinking that he was a baby when the attack happened and he didn't become a young teenager yet until much later so you are saying the attack happened when he was old? Also I need to figure out how the heck time moves in that realm since everybody lives forever its not like time can pass normally so I'm wondering if it didn't take that long for him to grow up.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Cool work D-Rock. The disguise really brings out the Macabre side of Oliver.
As for the Amulet of Life, I can only imagine what Mirage would do to the con artist who sold it, even if Oliver liked how it looked. :lol:
What kind of accent would an infernal have? British, like a James Bond villain? Maybe the mistake could be that he accidentally brought a trident instead of a pitchfork. :lol:

Here's a random sketch that turned into Krystal pulling a Hiccup, because why not.
Last edited by dryideabat on Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dragon looks like he might purr. Nice sketch!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks. :D I kind of ran out of room when I was doodling this to draw more of the dragon. I was thinking of designing it after Cynder from the Legend of Spyro series.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Krystal's "Could you not?" expression is great. Awesome work!
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love how that picture has come out! I hope to see more from you Nick!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I was actually thinking that he was a baby when the attack happened and he didn't become a young teenager yet until much later so you are saying the attack happened when he was old? Also I need to figure out how the heck time moves in that realm since everybody lives forever its not like time can pass normally so I'm wondering if it didn't take that long for him to grow up.
I figure since they're spiritual beings, yeah, I think I have room to fudge around with how time works for them. Really, an excuse to possibly have him interact with the rest of the cast.
dryideabat wrote:Cool work D-Rock. The disguise really brings out the Macabre side of Oliver.
Thanks! I had hoped I could bring that up successfully.
dryideabat wrote:As for the Amulet of Life, I can only imagine what Mirage would do to the con artist who sold it, even if Oliver liked how it looked. :lol:
Oliver: "Mom, you can shrink down now. I said I liked how it looked and I'm not in dire need of money, you don't have to threaten to eat him."
dryideabat wrote:What kind of accent would an infernal have? British, like a James Bond villain? Maybe the mistake could be that he accidentally brought a trident instead of a pitchfork. :lol:
Okay, two things that astound me about what this says; one, I did consider the stereotypical evil British voice, and two, I actually made a trident long ago that I had intended to give to Oliver over here.

Also, love your interpretation of Krystal here! I feel that she was completely underutilized in the series. I get it, she wasn't supposed to be a Star Fox character, but make something of her, Nintendo.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I could look at all of the people who wanted Krystal to become Kursed since they didn't want her and Fox paired up for any and all sorts of reasons.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ended up doing some for Ermina.
erminafins.png
erminafins.png (111.12 KiB) Viewed 11496 times
Pure Elegance- Ermina's natural fins
Formal Attire- Her fins merely given a new color. She doesn't seem to care that it doesn't quite alter her looks.
Anemone- Initially made for a beach party. Ermina didn't like how it looked in the end.
Soul Waves- "The eyes are the windows to the Soul." Ermina decided to experiment with the possibility.
Best Friends- Switched her fins for spikes for a sparring match with Mirage.
Throw of Bacchus- Designed for her by the god of wine during a drunken spur of creativity. Ermina doesn't like it, but felt obligated to keep it.
Attire of the Fallen Judge- Supposedly belonged to a fallen angel. The name of said angel is withheld from lower-order Celestials.

Frankly, didn't get the same creative spurt of out these than I did with the others so far. I plan on doing one for Sickle and Harriet as well, though I might see about focusing on Tails of Babylon sprites next. Never did finish the new body types... :|

Also, the odd coloring of the throw and design of the Judge one are both based on characters appearing in the Shin Megami Tensei series; the throw being based on Dionysus' design in those games and the final one being taken straight from the character of Zelenin. In fact, got the idea for the fins from her in the first place.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do wanna know the name of the angel that fell now that you said that is where they were from. =P
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I had hoped that the reference to the character in the link would have been obvious. Guess not. Well, I didn't want to call it "Zelenin's Attire."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Very fashionable … and clever.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When you said "Fallen Angel", for some reason I thought you meant someone from real life stories and not from the video game series that they are from. So that is on me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sound vaguely apocalyptical ….
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

I really wanted another place to share some of my creations outside of Minepets! so I'll send one or two every once in a while :D

Why isn't my lighting this good in Minepets? Because someone helped me achieve this :lol:
and it took like 2-3 hours
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually really came out very nice! I like what you did with it!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

NHWestoN wrote:Sound vaguely apocalyptical ….
Actually, that's about right. Spoiler tag for length. In the game, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, the characters of Zelenin and Jimenez are very involved with the player character in trying to stop a portal from destroying humanity. Turns out two different factions want to manipulate this portal to reshape humanity as they see fit; Law, which are the angels of heaven that want to create a holy kingdom, stripping humanity of free-will in the process, and Chaos, led by demons that want to create a savage world so that only the best of humanity can continue, regardless of the insurmountable body count it'll leave behind. Zelenin sides with Law, becoming an angel, and Jimenez sides with Chaos, becoming a demon. The player is left with a choice; join either, or neither, allowing humanity to make their own path, symbolizing Neutrality. Choose a side, you have to eventually kill the other. Or choose neither, and have to kill both. Choices have consequences.

If you play each path, you realize how much darker Law is. Yes, it's bad already, but then you learn that Zelenin was nothing more than a tool for another angel who only wanted to get ahead in the heavenly hierarchy. You only learn his full motivations in the Chaos route, though, as Neutral he escapes while hinting that he'll try again in the future, and of course nothing is brought up of this in the Law route.

Wow, that was long. :?

Okay, back to the art, great job, Hagus! Lighting looks wonderful.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really does sound like a highly charged game to play especially with the choice that you need to make and hope it is the right one. I have always found out that angels sometimes can be just as dark as demons when it comes to the goals they want to accomplish in fiction.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote:Image
Snack time.

Use this if you can't see the image. Image linking is kinda wonky.

… and comes with a small side salad.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

All part of a balanced meal. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I see a leaf, a sunflower seed, an acorn and three blueberries. I honestly didn’t know that mice could eat that. I know they are scavengers but I thought they just looked for trash.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Rodents aren't entirely picky at all. I don't know about the acorn, in all honesty, but if Mirage caught a squirrel, even better. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe she will be mega lucky and catch a squirrel as well as a mouse. Squad goals!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Ah, just chilling while the autumn sun goes down. Hopefully monsters don't spawn to ruin the moment. Nice work Hagus.
Oh no! Mirage ate Spo's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate! Now it's personal! :lol:
I did a random sketch of one of D-Rock's OCs: Gretchen. She's playing a melody that might give people at a gaming convention horrible flashbacks of rage and despair. Can you guess what it is? Hint: the cloaked mysterious figure on the left is a jerk who will make you press square repeatedly.
Attachments
Gretchen sketch.jpg
Gretchen sketch.jpg (101.69 KiB) Viewed 11094 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote: Oh no! Mirage ate Spo's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate! Now it's personal! :lol:
Loved that movie. :lol:
dryideabat wrote:I did a random sketch of one of D-Rock's OCs: Gretchen. She's playing a melody that might give people at a gaming convention horrible flashbacks of rage and despair. Can you guess what it is? Hint: the cloaked mysterious figure on the left is a jerk who will make you press square repeatedly.
Haven't played that entry, but heard that it's an ordeal of a boss fight. Saw a video of it, and if you're not dodging, you're dying. ]For those who want to see it. She looks great, Bat! I can see that even in another world, she enjoys seeing people suffer through this match.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I haven't played KHBBS either, but I definitely like that boss's theme, though I understand how having to here the first 5-30 seconds of it 50 times can be exasperating... Long ago, I played God of War 1 on god mode and learned to hate the theme of the 2nd phase of the final boss :x :evil: :(

But yeah, from what I understood, Gretchen can play with such finesse that it directly affects/controls emotions. I can see her taking delight in using this melody to cause aneurysms among gaming nerds in this world. I also debated on making the mysterious figure a cat, given the figure's true identity comes off as catty to me. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote:I haven't played KHBBS either, but I definitely like that boss's theme, though I understand how having to here the first 5-30 seconds of it 50 times can be exasperating... Long ago, I played God of War 1 on god mode and learned to hate the theme of the 2nd phase of the final boss :x :evil: :(
Ah, for me it was One-Winged Angel in KH1 and 2. At least in the latter, I was eventually able to win.
dryideabat wrote:But yeah, from what I understood, Gretchen can play with such finesse that it directly affects/controls emotions. I can see her taking delight in using this melody to cause aneurysms among gaming nerds in this world. I also debated on making the mysterious figure a cat, given the figure's true identity comes off as catty to me. :lol:
Very clever, and yup, her control over emotions can be scary. And heh, that would be pretty funny about the figure being cat-like. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"Hey there, Little Red Riding Hood."
Halloween 1.png
Halloween 1.png (239.31 KiB) Viewed 14163 times
I played around with a lot of the tools available in CSP for the background. In the end, though, kinda rushed through this. Didn't find a useful reference for the pose, so it kinda shows. At the same time, this was an idea I had since last Halloween, but one of the dozens that never got made. Just wanted to finally put it out there.

And a simple, general one.
Illustration2.png
Illustration2.png (81.19 KiB) Viewed 14163 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Endearing.