Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Frooxius

Re: Art Thread

Post by Frooxius »

Yes, but when it's used often, it's not really that much original anymore though. But why not also use central heterochromia or sectoral heterochromia? Or make a new distinctive features? For example go radical and make a third eye! That will shoot lasers! Pinestrawberry devouring lasers! MUHAHAHA! Image *runs to the lab to research what he just said*
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

That is a possibility. One of my characters has Dicromia. It is a condition in wich the eyes have to bands of color an inner band that is Green and a thin outer band of matalic copper color.

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Also, scars kind of suck because you generally have to come up with a story for 'em.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

unless they just walked into a door or something. but coming up with stories for scars can be fun.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housefox wrote:Also, scars kind of suck because you generally have to come up with a story for 'em.
Or just be like me with my missing eye and not have a story. :P

It's a mystery to everyone!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Why not have a damaged eye and a scar? Image . I don't know how to describe the eye here but the darker part of the face is a partial face transplant hence the scars.http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 75657.html If the image doesn't appear it's because I'm getting used to the site format.
redmarker97

Post by redmarker97 »

Sleet wrote:
Tha Housefox wrote:Also, scars kind of suck because you generally have to come up with a story for 'em.

Wait, so thats why your 'sona has different colored eyes?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. Or I could be completely wrong.
Psykeout wrote:
redmarker97 wrote:WMD's.
Waterballoons of Mass Drenching.
Echo of Eden(Over XBL): "3 Kill Streak! Ford Pinto is read for combat!"
Shyanne

Post by Shyanne »

Haven't posted anything here in awhile..Everyone's art is always so good, heh makes me feel like i suck..well i do but anyway..:P

A picture I drew for someone.
4.png
4.png (85.64 KiB) Viewed 8997 times
and a pic of me and my roomate enjoying some fireworks :)

[/color]
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

redmarker97 wrote:
Sleet wrote:

Wait, so thats why your 'sona has different colored eyes?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. Or I could be completely wrong.
Hehe, correct.

@Shy: CUTENESS! *dies*
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Some people wrote:Stuff about eyes and eye color and heterochromacy
I think eyes are just a great way to customize them to fit your character. A lot of people don't really get how much of an art there is in character creation (I don't pretend to be an expert by any means), but i love to use the eyes as a way to associate the design with the personality. have one character with completely black eyeballs, and several with different colored eyes. It's just a great thing to utilize, because you'll get a lot of acceptable breaks from reality there, and they are really highly customizable*, and can draw a lot or very little attention immediately. You can get a little metaphorical with it too, in such that the design of their eyes relates to how they see the world. It's just a cool thing to have fun with in your characterization process.

*Spell check says this is not a word. I'm not crazy, am I?
bwah bwah
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Psykeout: yeah, like I said, my fursona has electroluminiscent eye iris, so whenever he/I gets near stronger electromagnetic field (or even radiation) his/my eyes start to glow in electrical blue. And not just that, also when he gets electrocuted (I love that! Get's you so energized! Doesn't hurt because of different physiology that works well as both conductor and dielectric material) or simply very excited (usually about something cool scientific) when I start to generate slight field myself. I hope that it's at least a little bit original too. But it signifies what my "basic element" is: electricity - electromagnetic field/power. Image

EDIT: OMG... (oh my graviton) another one with a slideshow instead of an avatar Image
Last edited by Frooxius on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Maybe a thread about character design would be cool.
bwah bwah
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I won some sort of contest on FA or something and I'm getting a request so I hurried and made a bad but understandable ref sheet for my character WHO IS A FOLF. I will improve my sheet but until then, at least I have a sheet now :*D

Full size image here
Sent from my conifer.
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

By qrs3000 at 2011-07-03

By qrs3000 at 2011-07-04

I tend to think that I draw people better than animals but what do you think?
I just hope the drawings of people aren't too bothersome. Do any of my characters appear to be lacking in characterization? Is characterization even a visual thing? That is do they look boring?
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

QRS3000 wrote:Do any of my characters appear to be lacking in characterization? Is characterization even a visual thing? That is do they look boring?
Psykeout wrote:Maybe a thread about character design would be cool.
I reiterate.
bwah bwah
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

so this is a rate my drawings animated drawing of one of my favorite pianists Art Tatum http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 79508.html I tried to go for the line engraving look

and then here is what I would consider my best drawn anthropomorphic/furry/funny animal. I hope the retro 20s feel isn't too strange and/or mooching off the popularity of Lackadaisy Cats. yes, it's a cat ... at least I think it looks like one. http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 72260.html The stray line really ruined the mood of that piece. How well would that character would appear in color? I only have a lot of black and white drawings because I know that it will, more or less, look the same. Color, however, is a lot more difficult to render,especially the color purple. in that regard, the inside of Pete's ear can ether appear blue or purple depending on the display device that is used to view the color.I don't want to run into this problem.
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

Those are good QRS3000. They have a very interesting style to them. :D

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

QRS3000 wrote:so this is a rate my drawings animated drawing of one of my favorite pianists Art Tatum http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 79508.html I tried to go for the line engraving look

and then here is what I would consider my best drawn anthropomorphic/furry/funny animal. I hope the retro 20s feel isn't too strange and/or mooching off the popularity of Lackadaisy Cats. yes, it's a cat ... at least I think it looks like one. http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 72260.html The stray line really ruined the mood of that piece. How well would that character would appear in color? I only have a lot of black and white drawings because I know that it will, more or less, look the same. Color, however, is a lot more difficult to render,especially the color purple. in that regard, the inside of Pete's ear can ether appear blue or purple depending on the display device that is used to view the color.I don't want to run into this problem.
i only now just realized that you only use straight lines.

cool.
bwah bwah
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

If I tried to use the pencil tool my line art would be a lot wobbly plus I rather prefer to do my art traditionally, though when I draw traditionally my drawings tend to be all over the pages. :|
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

hmm... if you're using mainly a mouse, I suggest downloading GIMP which is free and is on par with photoshop. It, I'm pretty sure but still not quite confident, has a line anchoring tool that allows you to create curves and lines accurately. In photoshop you use anchor points to make perfect curves when inking your drawings... how to do that, I'm still clueless, but that's what they're used for traditionally, creating paths. But if you create paths as a way to draw, that could work to make curves without having to use the pencil tool. :3
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Box O Lions wrote:I suggest downloading GIMP which is free and is on par with photoshop. It, I'm pretty sure but still not quite confident, has a line anchoring tool that allows you to create curves and lines accurately.
It does. i use that tool all the time. if you need any help with it, ask me about it. i know my way around the path tool.

(psst, it's actually really easy)
bwah bwah
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Box O Lions wrote:hmm... if you're using mainly a mouse, I suggest downloading GIMP which is free and is on par with photoshop. It, I'm pretty sure but still not quite confident, has a line anchoring tool that allows you to create curves and lines accurately. In photoshop you use anchor points to make perfect curves when inking your drawings... how to do that, I'm still clueless, but that's what they're used for traditionally, creating paths. But if you create paths as a way to draw, that could work to make curves without having to use the pencil tool. :3
It's funny you mention that because I already have Gimp on my computer, Gimp 2.6.11 Tiger, in fact. When you talk about paths that's not using the shift key and line tool is it? I forgot to mention that I have Adobe Illustrator 8.0.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

QRS3000 wrote:
Box O Lions wrote:hmm... if you're using mainly a mouse, I suggest downloading GIMP which is free and is on par with photoshop. It, I'm pretty sure but still not quite confident, has a line anchoring tool that allows you to create curves and lines accurately. In photoshop you use anchor points to make perfect curves when inking your drawings... how to do that, I'm still clueless, but that's what they're used for traditionally, creating paths. But if you create paths as a way to draw, that could work to make curves without having to use the pencil tool. :3
It's funny you mention that because I already have Gimp on my computer, Gimp 2.6.11 Tiger, in fact. When you talk about paths that's not using the shift key and line tool is it? I forgot to mention that I have Adobe Illustrator 8.0.
no, you press B
bwah bwah
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Psykeout wrote:
QRS3000 wrote:
no, you press B
OK , I understand that now but how do you switch between an open path and closed path? If I understood how to properly use it I could get much smoother curves in my digital drawings. It's much harder to fake a curve with many straight lines.
Zander

Post by Zander »

or not.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

that's awesome. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Your mom is a human

what

I like that expression in the last panel there. Well, the last panel before the text, that is
Image Image
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

CaptainPea wrote:Your mom is a human

what
Clearly a house pet. Or Zander was mysteriously transformed, leaving his mom completely unharmed.

This made me laugh. Good work, as usual!
Zander

Post by Zander »

what
My mom is anti-furry, it would be redundant to draw her as one.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Zander wrote:

what
My mom is anti-furry
Then you should draw her as one. x3

Nahh...

Btw, I lol'd
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

But then if his mom came into contact with the drawing, they would annihilate each other and turn the entire east coast into a blast crater! D:

Anti-furry... anti-matter... ahem. >_>

Anyway, I liked the comic.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Zander wrote:

what
My mom is anti-furry, it would be redundant to draw her as one.
I like the comic though! ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zander

Post by Zander »

inconsequential

There. that fits better.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Meh.
I feel like it looks like crap, which must mean I'm a real artist.

Sleet wrote:Image
I like the comic though! ^_^
Princess Bride reference ftw
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Thumb in the wrong position?
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

better than I could do.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Hypergenesis wrote:Thumb in the wrong position?
Crap. No wonder it looked wrong.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:Thumb in the wrong position?
Crap. No wonder it looked wrong.
On a slightly related, or completely unrelated note.

Onizuka?
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Hypergenesis wrote:On a slightly related, or completely unrelated note.

Onizuka?
Gesundheit.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:On a slightly related, or completely unrelated note.

Onizuka?
Gesundheit.
Dang it. I lol'd

-Robert Louis Stevenson