Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cesco

Re: Art Thread

Post by Cesco »

Very nice scene, Tinnier. :D Nice sketches, Nicholas. ;) Well done, Rydr Warklub. :)
DDeer wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:23 amThanks Cesco, this Deer likes Huskies don't forget (Mrs Deer in particular) so paw beans are fine by me ;) Hooves and Paws can get along just fine :)
Ah, that's it. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would make for an interesting story how a deer and a husky met and got married. :mrgreen:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:30 am That would make for an interesting story how a deer and a husky met and got married. :mrgreen:
How we met would probably make a good comic, very fortunate how I first bumped into my wife, maybe one day I'll sketch it out...

did another doodle, needs work but just experimenting.

Huskyg.jpg
Huskyg.jpg (178.34 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
Disproportionately Dappled
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Husky! :D Love the way you do facial expressions.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

DDeer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:30 am That would make for an interesting story how a deer and a husky met and got married. :mrgreen:
Huskyg.jpg
That's very lovely, Daunted!
Her impression is very warm and funny-playful :D
How we met would probably make a good comic, very fortunate how I first bumped into my wife, maybe one day I'll sketch it out...

That would be cool! I am sure that this is a great love story :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
Harry Johnathan

Tinnier wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:31 pm
Huskyg.jpg
That's very lovely, Daunted!
Her impression is very warm and funny-playful :D

That would be cool! I am sure that this is a great love story :mrgreen:
Hmm, deer and great love stories seem familiar...
Big lol
Big lol
bambi-poster.jpg (159.74 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Is that your lovely lady Wife looking at you after you took the shirt off, Ddeer?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really beautiful work on the picture Daunted! It truly does look incredibly stunning!
Harry Johnathan

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:19 pm Is that your lovely lady Wife looking at you after you took the shirt off, Ddeer?
:lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure why that would be funny. She did MARRY him for some reason. :P
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks for the kind comments all, it is indeed of Mrs Deer, glad you liked the sketch, not solely my figure that first attracted her to me I feel, I think it would best be described as lean :) (She does have a thing for dapples though), we just seemed to get along easily from the first and she puts up with my eccentricities so I can't ask for more.

I never knew Bambi was billed as a love story, great poster, reminds me, I need to finish reading the book.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Besides Bambi and Faline, a second love story running through Bambi is that of Gobo and Marena - which ends tragically. In Bambi's Children, there are several deer courtships woven together. Salten was quite a romantic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know this is horrible to say but the only way I can ever know Bambi is by being the movie where his mother was shot by hunters.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Very nice, DDeer.

Decided to try to get myself back into art. Have a silly piece featuring Oliver. Dialogue from The Owl House.
C3F270E4-EA66-4D9D-A789-191E570E63A0.png
C3F270E4-EA66-4D9D-A789-191E570E63A0.png (128.17 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
Clip
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

:lol: That's adorable. Oliver's got the look down :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! One of the perks of being half-demon, I guess. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm I know this is horrible to say but the only way I can ever know Bambi is by being the movie where his mother was shot by hunters.
The book is a lot darker than the cartoon. As in nature, there are many tragedies, big and small, no Thumper or Flower or other cartoonish cutie-patooties. Ronno, for example, is a rather sympathetic figure with a wounded hoof and is several years older than Bambi whom he treats with respect and even a certain tenderness. Their fight over Faline is short and very one-sided in favor of the younger deer.

... and, of course, Bambi's mother's death occurs. Her terse benediction is "Bambi never saw his mother again."
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:03 am Very nice, DDeer.

Decided to try to get myself back into art. Have a silly piece featuring Oliver. Dialogue from The Owl House.
Clip
It's nice that you're back D! And then with such a great comic! :D
Oliver's impression is adorable. I like it, it turns out very nice.
Keep it up! ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Clip
Good to see you back D-Rock, not familiar with Owl House but I still liked the comic, very funny, love the looks :D

From what I have read of Bambi so far I like how it is not dumbed down and the fact the animals in it behave in a naturalistic rather than sentimental way, Bambi is expected to fend for himself. I liked the but with the leaves, oddly poignant.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like the work you did with Oliver Rocky! He is gonna be one cute young adult! :mrgreen:
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I modelled a train in 3D

Kirby in 3D

If you have any suggestions what I should model next I would love to hear :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:33 am

Clip
Good to see you back D-Rock, not familiar with Owl House but I still liked the comic, very funny, love the looks :D

From what I have read of Bambi so far I like how it is not dumbed down and the fact the animals in it behave in a naturalistic rather than sentimental way, Bambi is expected to fend for himself. I liked the but with the leaves, oddly poignant.
The dialogue of the leaves in Bambi is little gem, sweet and melancholy. Maybe two pages at most. Disney's gang wrestled with how to put it in the movie (Walt, reportedly, thought it too sad on top of the the death of Bambi's mom). In the end, they just showed the two leaves silent together. First, one falls, then the other, and the second drifts down to land beside the first like an old couple. End of episode, nothing said, story continues.

In the book, Salten ends the bit when the first leaf breaks loose, interrupting her in mid-sentence. We are left with the second leaf silent and alone which is, again, more poignant than the Disney version.

Charles Schulz of Peanuts did some "leaf stories" with Linus and then Lucy trying to be supportive of the doomed foliage, strips inspired by this Bambi story. Dismayed at their failure to listen to her, Lucy berates the fallen leaves with "They never listen. Now there's nothing but the rake and the burning fires!" (Dialogue from memory - may not be exact).
Harry Johnathan

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:45 am I modelled a train in 3D

Kirby in 3D

If you have any suggestions what I should model next I would love to hear :D
Amazing as usual, Oded. Kirby looks off, a little bit though.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

That train is just wonderful - my eldest daughter had a train like that as a child and she still keeps it (she's now 44!). Thanks, Oded. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Neat stuff.

I think I’ll try to get more art done while the mood is better. So, which character should I make character GIFs of next? Already done Oliver, Ermina, Sickle, Nikolai, Laurana, Behemoth, Mirage, Halphas, Caleb, Baruq, and Arin.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

D-Rock wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:20 pm Neat stuff.

I think I’ll try to get more art done while the mood is better. So, which character should I make character GIFs of next? Already done Oliver, Ermina, Sickle, Nikolai, Laurana, Behemoth, Mirage, Halphas, Caleb, Baruq, and Arin.
Marble?

3D work coming on Oded.

Didn't now about Peanuts using a variation of it, think the mid sentence stop is most effective, so simple but it works, feels profound.

Reworked my sketch, colours in the coat still need work but happier with it.

Huskym.jpg
Huskym.jpg (129.72 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice pieces of work as usual in here everybody! I love it when this topic gets updated!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Cool stuff everyone.

Nice spaceship, Rydr. Very imaginative design.
Wonderful drawing, Tinnier. One of the great things about getting far away from the big cities.
Cute portrait, Ddeer. She looks like such a happy doggo.
Great to see you drawing more, D-Rock. Oliver really is the cutest. A simple pallet swap can make a world of difference in the emotions conveyed. Ask shiny Mega Gardevoir :lol: .
I love Kirby! Nice 3D drawings, Oded.

This is based on a friendly rabbit that followed me to my yard.
Last edited by dryideabat on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

D’awww! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That looks like it is a really cute rabbit Nicky! Nice job on drawing it!
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Pretty nice 3D pieces, Oded. :D

Nice makeover of your husky, Daunted. Like the background, it makes me hungry for sweets. :D

A rabbit followed you home - adorable. :lol:
Coincidentally a hedgehoge followed me home last evening. ;)
It's very cute, Nick. I like the warm and soft look of your rabbit. It kind of reminds me a bit of Fiver from Watership Down. :D
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Lovely husky, DDeer. :D Cute bunny, Nicholas. ;) Good comic, D-Rock. :) Not so bad as renders, Rydr Warklub, but that toy train had to fit on the rail, though. :P ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey he is improving a lot so that is something that needs gratuitous praise heaped on. It all looks very great Oded!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Got another set done.
775E5F5E-D6BF-45A1-9BEB-D4ED5AF92AF4.gif
775E5F5E-D6BF-45A1-9BEB-D4ED5AF92AF4.gif (138.79 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
Marble - Default

Fennec with Liquid Chaos - Early in Marble’s travels, she came across a fennec traveler from the desert regions. The fennec, believing themselves to be in danger to a red fox, offered to teach Marble a new spell in exchange for letting them go. The weapon is much more potent than her default abilities, but its liquid nature leads to it dripping on the user, causing minor yet heavily inconvenient burns.

Hunter’s Daughter with Magic Gem - An appearance modeled after Marble’s late mother, Artemis. A spell writer was trying to conjure up gems, but deemed the spell a failure because the gems never lasted long. Marble saw the potential use of this spell, as it was similar to her own abilities already, and so took the time to learn how to wield it.

Celestial Envoy with Wheel of the Throne - Marble took on this appearance after gaining use of this supposed magical artifact, believed to have been stolen from a temple. She was able to use it to defend a settlement from unnatural beings, yet its use left her unconscious. Upon waking, she found she could no longer wield this magic, with witnesses saying that a cloaked figure appeared and removed it. No one got a good look at the individual.

Infernal Thrall with Bound Demon Soul - Found on the body of a strange individual while Marble was hunting during her travels. Marble later learned from a nearby village that supposedly sorcerers would siphon the life force of the soul inside to power themselves up. However, in truth the soul was attempting to gain control of its supposed wielded, and almost managed to do the same to Marble. An odd-looking bard came forth and was able to remove the orbs influence over Marble, after which he stated that he’d take care of handling the orb.

Cross Fox with Grand Particle - The bard would once again appear when Marble had returned home, telling her that he had an important job for her to do, retrieve his stolen instrument from a group of bandits, and giving her access to this weapon for it. Despite the small appearance, the orb was incredibly heavy, making it difficult to wield effectively.

Reaper’s Song with Coyote’s Howl - Upon completion of the job, the bard appeared, telling Marble that this was merely a test. He foresaw that a great danger would come, and needed to know if Marble would be an adequate Champion. He gave her this weapon, powerful yet graceful, in order to give her, and a team of others selected by other individuals, a chance at success.
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Cool! They turned out pretty great again, Rocky :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! I might do David or Armon next. Artemis will be a challenge, since her weapon set are rings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Those look very cool and impressive Rocky! I would love to see how David turns out!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Me, too!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I guess you have fans waiting for you to draw him then Rocky. :mrgreen:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

A little doodle my good friend Hukley surprised me with. Thanks again, Huk!

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!