HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"I know someone who intentionally ignores everything people think about her and goes out of her way to even mock their judgement. Let's just say........some cautions about one's self is not always a bad thing"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay den. Where's de money Dad gave you?" Sam asks Scruff as the cashier rings up their purchases.

~~~~~~~~
"Heh, thanks Selene." Fletcher smiles. "Thanks, David. Anyway, I've held you guys up enough. Let's go get David this job, shall we?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Erm," Scruff said, patting himself down, "oh, yeah! I really have cash!!" He practically beamed a smile at the human watching them as he pulled out the cash and gave it to Sam.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No trouble, my dear," David said, somehow sounding extra British. "It DOES seem we have been in this park for a while," he added, leading the group towards an exit.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay followed David, glancing around the area,"We should come back here after this job business sometime. It's nice."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sam shakes her head, not taking the cash.
"I don't want it. You're de one buyin' de stuff." she prompts with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~
"It is. The bridge down that way is pretty. I fed the ducks from there yesterday. So, do you have any idea how much of your time this job is going to take up, David?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Erm, Ok..." Nervously, almost as though he expected to be accused of something, Scruff reached the counter and put the things he wanted to buy up there. "I'd like, um, these, please? I have money," he added quickly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, it shouldn't take too long, Fletch," David replied, "today's simply the day for handing the CV... I mean Resume in. I shouldn't think it will take that long." They approaced the gate from the park and David consulted his map before pointing up a track. "That way, people." He stood and waited for the road to clear of traffic before crossing.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Selene followed David closely as they crossed the road, wondering how the meeting would probably go
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:Selene followed David closely as they crossed the road, wondering how the meeting would probably go

A dust trail comes up from the ranch, an as the dust cloud clears, the ranchers on the quad appears.. Pulling out his shotgun..

just what are you all doing here? dem collars arnt going to protect you
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I am here," David said, stepping forward and pulling three sheets of paper from his pocket, "to present my resume in the field of Ovine protection, sirs. And, if I may ask sir, do not point that thing at a child. Jay is hardly a threat." He offered his papers up to the human.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I am here," David said, stepping forward and pulling three sheets of paper from his pocket, "to present my resume in the field of Ovine protection, sirs. And, if I may ask sir, do not point that thing at a child. Jay is hardly a threat." He offered his papers up to the human.

maybe not, but the Fox is!.. already had to chase one off this morning from stalking the flock..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I take it, sir, that you have also noticed the large Doe standing next to Selene," David asked, gesturing directly to Fletcher. "I assure you, sir, I choose my friends carefully and Selene would never harm any of your stock."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I take it, sir, that you have also noticed the large Doe standing next to Selene," David asked, gesturing directly to Fletcher. "I assure you, sir, I choose my friends carefully and Selene would never harm any of your stock."

that's what all foxes say.. then they are gnawing on mutton chops..
An how do i know that you not going to be letting them in for BBQ lamb?
How am i to tell which is a friend and whish is out to chase the livestock?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David sighed. "Sir," he said openly, "if I had approached with a look to keeping my friendships secret that would have been wrong of me. It would have brought doubt into the relationship about whether you felt I had been honest with you. I have nothing against Foxes, per se. Most of them are killing to survive. However, I am a professional and, when I am on guard over a flock, I will work to the utmost to protect every charge I have. It's an honour thing. It's a duty. And that sheepdog there," he added, pointing to one of the dogs working in the field, "needs to move about ten feet around to the left or that tump is going to partially block her line of sight. As she has a partner, he can easily make up the difference."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:David sighed. "Sir," he said openly, "if I had approached with a look to keeping my friendships secret that would have been wrong of me. It would have brought doubt into the relationship about whether you felt I had been honest with you. I have nothing against Foxes, per se. Most of them are killing to survive. However, I am a professional and, when I am on guard over a flock, I will work to the utmost to protect every charge I have. It's an honour thing. It's a duty. And that sheepdog there," he added, pointing to one of the dogs working in the field, "needs to move about ten feet around to the left or that tump is going to partially block her line of sight. As she has a partner, he can easily make up the difference."

Ol' sasha? it wouldn't matter where she sits, she is blind. the sheep guide her into position around the range..
So you would fight that fox if'n she was threatening the sheep?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"My job, sir, would be to protect the flock." David replied evenly. "I would do what is needed to achieve that aim. I do not believe that it would require Selene and I to come to blows as she would not attack your flock, sir." he paused for a moment. "Have you ever thought, sir, that, if you could make a Fox loyal to you, you might have one of the most cunning guards possible?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I meant when you're actually working, not today." Fletcher elaborates, falling silent respectfully when David's prospective employer approaches. She keeps her face unreadable as the dog and human chat.

~~~~~~~~
The cashier smiles at Scruff as she rings up the items. She helps him count out the money and even gives him some change when he's done. Meanwhile, Sam waits patiently, observing the raccoon and how he interacts with the human.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"My job, sir, would be to protect the flock." David replied evenly. "I would do what is needed to achieve that aim. I do not believe that it would require Selene and I to come to blows as she would not attack your flock, sir." he paused for a moment. "Have you ever thought, sir, that, if you could make a Fox loyal to you, you might have one of the most cunning guards possible?"

Now wouldn't that be, quite literally putting the fox in charge of the hen house?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David gave a small smile. "Only if you left them unsupervised, sir," he offered. "I have seen it happen in England. A farmer agreed that a Fox would work for him for board, lodging and protection from the local hunt. His flock became the second best protected in the county."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Excuse me sir, If I may interrupt" Selene finally spoke up "I understand your concern, but as i was informed, I probably am the only white fox in the nearby area, so spotting me among other foxes wouldn't be too hard. As for the safety of your sheep, I can promise you I would never harm them, not only because I have an allergy to bullets..." she said smiling "but also because my owner and I just recently moved in town, not far from here in fact, so I would not be able to get away with any misdeed I commit."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:David gave a small smile. "Only if you left them unsupervised, sir," he offered. "I have seen it happen in England. A farmer agreed that a Fox would work for him for board, lodging and protection from the local hunt. His flock became the second best protected in the county."

That may have happened once, But we don't have fox hunt's here to threaten the fox with..
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Excuse me sir, If I may interrupt" Selene finally spoke up "I understand your concern, but as i was informed, I probably am the only white fox in the nearby area, so spotting me among other foxes wouldn't be too hard. As for the safety of your sheep, I can promise you I would never harm them, not only because I have an allergy to bullets..." she said smiling "but also because my owner and I just recently moved in town, not far from here in fact, so I would not be able to get away with any misdeed I commit."

I think all foxes have that type of allergy.. You going to be ok with chasing off your own kind?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keeshah wrote:I think all foxes have that type of allergy.. You going to be ok with chasing off your own kind?
"Might make a nice change from chasing rabbits." Fletcher can't resist quipping.

~~~~~~~~
Sam smiles encouragingly at the raccoon once the cashier has given him his change and the bag of goods.
"So, how are you after findin' dat, Scruff?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's very weird," Scruff admitted, checking his change as though he knew how much he should have. "Direct deals with Humes! No weapons in their hands? I can deal with that," he added, grinning.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Keeshah wrote:I think all foxes have that type of allergy.. You going to be ok with chasing off your own kind?
"Might make a nice change from chasing rabbits." Fletcher can't resist quipping.

If it's all the same to you, I'd much rather have them chasing rabbits..
keep them from munching on my cabbages
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"...Aaaaanyway, David is right about having foxes to guard the sheep. Set a thief to catch a thief and all that. Er, no offence, Selene."

~~~~~~~~
"Dat's good. I'm glad." Sam smiles as she leaves the shop with Scruff in tow. "So, what should we do now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"it's ok I don't mind" Selene giggles
"and it does make sense, while i prefer not to use violence, I can try to convince other foxes to maybe move to a different place to find food, as long as your sheep are safe, right sir?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"it's ok I don't mind" Selene giggles
"and it does make sense, while i prefer not to use violence, I can try to convince other foxes to maybe move to a different place to find food, as long as your sheep are safe, right sir?"

HuH wait now.. your wanting a job protecting the sheeps too?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Over the course of the debate before her Jay was rather lost. Apparently these humans didn't like what Selene was, and even didn't like what she and Fletcher was, those bits of information only aided in confusing her. She was half tempted to quip she didn't think she knew what a cabbage even was, but was more comfortable staying out of the conversation with the rather guarded human.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David knelt by Jay. "Are you OK if I ask him to come closer, sweetheart," he asked. "Remember when I said you are safer if more people know about you? This gentleman would need to be the first. I know he seems scary," he added, stroking her cheek, "I can see it in your face; but he's just being protective of those he protects, you know?
The fact he values life highly is a good thing here, I think. So are you OK to show him? A nod if you are, a shake of the head if not,
OK?
" He waited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't know," Scruff replied, making sure he had everything. "where do YOU want to go?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well , not exactly a job sir, but I'm willing to help out a bit should my friend David here gets to work here"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"well , not exactly a job sir, but I'm willing to help out a bit should my friend David here gets to work here"

An why not? I was under the impression that the dog was per-posing that i need to hire a fox to guard the sheep
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," David said, still crouching by Jay, "to aid me in their guarding, certainly."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," David said, still crouching by Jay, "to aid me in their guarding, certainly."

So now your saying that you can't handle the job, and i should just hire the fox to guard the sheep?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No, sir," David said, standing up. "I am saying that, when facing one Fox, or even two, the odds are even. More than that and any attack could be a feint to draw you out of position. You may need back up. It is why soldiers do not go on patrol in teams of one."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay nodded at David's words, "Nah I'm good." She didn't really trust humans yet. She figured you can't just drop such information on people without running high risks.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No, sir," David said, standing up. "I am saying that, when facing one Fox, or even two, the odds are even. More than that and any attack could be a feint to draw you out of position. You may need back up. It is why soldiers do not go on patrol in teams of one."
Hmmm Hey Sasha! sasha sasha sasha...
The old border collie turn her head to the sound, puts a paw on the back of a sheep and comes to where the shepherd is..

Sasha, what do you think of this dog..
Sasha sniffs at him..
He smells of rabbits, and foxes and cityslicker.. has no sheep on him, doubt he knows how to herd sheeps.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"My dear lady," David said gallantly, "it may have been a few weeks since but, I can assure you, I have protected many a flock on English fields."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"My dear lady," David said gallantly, "it may have been a few weeks since but, I can assure you, I have protected many a flock on English fields."

Sasha waggles a finger at a rabbit..
That has yet to been seen pup..
the guide sheep rolls her eyes and bumps her hand over to point at the dog..
Baa i not afraid of him, Baaa he doesn't have the "look" the ewe shivers..
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

using his experience, David turns 'the look' on, his face losing its' humour and gaining an element of sternness. "Fear is optional," he told the sheep, "Control is compulsory to protect you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:using his experience, David turns 'the look' on, his face losing its' humour and gaining an element of sternness. "Fear is optional," he told the sheep, "Control is compulsory to protect you."

the sheep hides behind sasha..
We don't need no thought control!! Baaaaa
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not what I mean," David said, keeping his gaze whilst allowing a touch of humour into his tone. "The best way I can protect you is for you to work with me by doing what I say. Only by you obeying me can I serve you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie