HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

devils

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by devils »

Cinder walked through the front door into the living room. He flopped down on the couch and turned on the TV. It was going to be a little while until his dad would be home so he switched on a baseball game and relaxed. "Man Aaron and Lance were really nice. I can't wait to hang out with them again tomorrow." He thought to himself as the TV showed a player strike out. He felt his eyelids start to get a bit heavy. "It's been a busy day, maybe a nice little nap would be nice." Was the last thing he thought as he fell into a light sleep.

Next thing he knew he was being shaken awake. "Hey Cinder, wake up buddy" His dad said to him. Cinder slowly awoke and noticed that the game he was watching was almost over. He looked over at the clock and noticed that it was nine o'clock. "Hey dad, when did you get home?" Cinder asked in a half asleep daze. "I just got home, you hungry?" His father asked. "Yeah I could go for some food" He replied, sitting up on the couch. His father walked into the kitchen and Cinder could here the clatter of pots and pans. He watched then end of the game he was watching, which ended up being a blowout.

After the game his dad came back into the living room with a plate of food for both of them. He placed Cinder's on the table in front of him and handed him a fork. Cinder looked down at the plate "Yum pork chops, my favorite." he thought as he picked up the fork and took a piece of meat. "Thanks dad" Cinder said. After a while of silence his father asked "So, how was your day?" Cinder's tag started to wag a little bit. "It was nice. I walked around for a little bit and then met two nice pets, Aaron who's another border collie, and Lance who's a doberman. We went to Aaron's house and played some soccer, then we all walked home together, it was fun."

"That's good to hear Cinder" His dad replied. He picked up both of their empty plates and walked back into the kitchen. Cinder flipped through the channels again before settling on a survival show. He laid back on the couch and thought about the day he had.
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Dakotah had been home for a while now, but didn't really know what to do, so he basically just watched tv for a bit. He had made himself a snack and was really tired, his mom should be home pretty soon, but he was too tired, so he walked in his room and fell asleep.
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Aaron waited and waited for his parents to come home. He read his book, grabbed a quick bite to eat, waited some more, watched some TV, and was about to head to bed when his mom and dad came home. His parents came in arguing about something. He didn't want to interfere, so he waved at them and headed upstairs. His parents continued arguing as he plodded up the steps, entered his room, closed the door, and got ready for bed. Tomorrow morning can't get here soon enough. he thought.
Aaron - S 9, P 4, E 8, C 3, I 8, A 7, L 3 (SP)

Chase - S 6, P 8, E 5, C 8, I 6, A 4, L 5 (YsF)
devils

Post by devils »

Cinder shut off the TV and headed up to bed. "Goodnight dad" He said as he walked up the stairs to his bed. He opened up his door and crawled into his bed. He sat there looking into the darkness thinking about the day he had before slowly falling into a deep sleep.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

After dinner and watching some TV with his Parents it was getting very late. Jenny yawned and snuggled closer to Rob. Well I don't know about you two but I'm getting pretty tiered. She said. Rob nodded in agreement and kissed her on her forehead Yeah hon I think its time for some sleep He said getting up off the couch and stretching. Ok Lance were heading to bed I think its time you do too.

Lance grabbed the remote for the TV and switched it off. Your right I'm getting tired anyway. Goodnight. He said heading up to his room. His parents said goodnight back to him in unison. In his room lance got in to bed under the covers and began to drift off to sleep thinking about the day he had and the new friends he made.

Man I had such a great day I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully a lot more fun with Aaron and the others. Man Aaron's cute I really like him alot. I hope Aaron likes guys like me or at least would still want to be my friend once he finds out I'm Bi. He thought to him self as he began to drift further in to sleep finally falling asleep a few minutes later.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

Sunny usually didn't wait up for his parents. His mother was a doctor of some sort - an Ohbee Gee Why Enn or something, whatever that was. His father was a CFO for a corporation and went on business trips a lot. They were happy, but often rarely home. Usually it was just him and John. Of course, John had just left for his first semester of college, so it was just him. Dad was currently in some country where bowing was preferred over a handshake, but Mom would be home in a few hours.

So Sunny just slithered in through the special hole that had been made for him in the door so he could get in and out of the house, made his way up to his room (What, you thought that he'd have a terrarium? He's SIX FEET LONG, people.), and coiled up under his heat lamp. It was an interesting end of the day for sure, but he would have to see what tomorrow brought.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Derek had an enjoyable meal even though his dad didn't come out of the study for dinner, or even afterward. There wasn't a lot of talk during dinner with Mom, though that was fine, he spent most of dinner thinking about his new friends. Having fun that day proved to him that moving hadn't been the end of the world, that even though he probably wouldn't see his old friends again didn't mean he couldn't have any friends.

Thinking about his old friends brought a tear to his eye but his mom didn't notice. After he helped clean the kitchen Derek headed to his room. "Going to bed so early?" Mom asked. "No, just going to do a little writing." Derek answered. "Just be sure you don't stay up to late." She called as he shut his door. "Don't worry, I won't," he sighed.

He propped his back on some pillows and turned the CD player on softly, and sat down on his bed, leaning his back against the wall. He tapped his pencil against his notebook, "Now where to start...".
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Beginning of Day 2

As the alarm on his cell phone went off,playing the theme to Wily's Castle level 2 from Megaman 2, Lance groggily stumbled out of bed and grabbed the phone. He clicked the alarm off and checked the time. It's 7:00 AM already?. Lance said as he grabbed his collar hanging off the hook near his bed and put it on.

As he walked down the stairs to the living room he smelled the aroma of eggs and bacon cooking in the kitchen.Morning Lance Rob said as he flipped over the bacon to cook the other side.Good Morning Dad. The food smells great. He said pulling out a chair and sitting down at the table. It will be done in a few seconds Rob said.

So Mom already went to work today? Lance said Yeah she had to go in early today but she should be home for breakfast tomorrow. His dad said placing some strips of bacon and a pile of scrambled eggs on Lances plate. Ok cool. So I'm going to go over Aarons house after I eat. He said as he began to munch down on the eggs and bacon. Do you know what your going to do over there today? Rob asked sitting down at the table with his own plate of eggs and bacon.

Lance swallowed the food he was eating. Ummm.. not really but I'm sure we'll think of something. Maybe a tour of the town or going to the Mall would be fun. He said. Well if you decide to go to the mall give me a call I can take you there I have the day off today anyway. Rob said. That's great we'll have so much fun. Lance said happily,his tail wagging excitedly. Rob laughed and the two of them finished up there plates and put them in the sink.

Well Dad I gonna get going now. He said heading for the door. Ok Lance I'll see you later Rob said waving goodbye as Lance walked out the door. Now to get to Aarons house I wonder if anyone else will be there yet. He thought to himself as he began walking to Aarons.
devils

Post by devils »

Cinder awoke to the beeping of his alarm clock. He begrudgingly climbed out of bed and shut it off. He stretched and yawned as he turned towards the window to see the cracks of light shine into his room. He grabbed his collar, strapped it on, and opened the door. He headed downstairs and into the kitchen. On the kitchen table there was a note for him.

Cinder
I had to go into work early. There's cereal in the pantry and there are some muffins near the fridge. It'll be another late night for me, so if you get hungry you can make some dinner for yourself, otherwise I'll make us something when I get home.
Love Dad

Cinder placed the note down and walked towards the fridge. He grabbed a muffin and ate it as he watched TV. He looked at the clock and noticed that it was close to 7. "I should probably get going." he thought to himself. He picked up his trash, shut off the TV and headed back into the kitchen to dispose of the garbage. He grabbed a house key, tucked it into his collar and walked out the front door, making sure to lock it behind him. He then began to walk towards Aaron's house.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Dakotah's alarm clock went off... he really didn't feel like getting up, but you're going to end up having to because it won't shut off itself. So after a few rings, he needed to get up to shut it off. He had the timer to go off at 7:00 and he was awake. "Well, might as well get some breakfest", he didn't really eat last night. He made some frozen waffles in the toaster and ate them. "I wonder if everyone else is up" he thought, but then a new thought came to him "Uhh... where are we going to meet up?" He wondered and decided to try to go to the park and see if everyone would meet up there, he didn't know where else to go because he didn't know where everyone lived. His mom had still been asleep and his dad was the only one up, he was browsing on the computer for something. "Dad, I'm going to go outside, ok?" Dakotah said " His dad replied, "Yeah, that's fine, just make sure you have your cell phone." It's how they kept in contact. "Alright." Dakotah said as he went out the door.
Off the Air.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Aaron woke up early, without an alarm. He had never really needed one. I guess waking up early just came natural to him.

His parents were still asleep when he woke up. He went downstairs, had some breakfast, and read a book for a while before checking himself in the mirror and fixing his collar up right.

He checked the time. It was a little before 7. He decided that he would make lunch for his parents, then head out. He made his mom a salad, and his dad a sandwich, and put them into lunchboxes. He put a note on them that said "Have a good day. Love you." and a pawprint (he had a stamp made of his paw, so he could sign things. It was kinda silly, but he liked it). He hoped this would make his parents happy. They hadn't really talked much since they moved into town, his parents had been really busy with work.

Aaron went out to the front yard and bounced a tennis ball against the garage door, waiting for his friends to show up.

zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Derek woke up feeling content, he had written a little more for his story he was working on, and he had friends he could spend time with now. He went into the kitchen, but Mom wasn't making breakfast like usual. She had left a note "Derek, I got called in to sub at the High School. I'll be back by 4. Love, Mom"

"Well," he thought, "guess I should get ready to do stuff today." He ate some cereal for breakfast and realized he didn't know where anyone lived. "Well I guess I could go wait outside and do some writing." Derek headed outside and sat on the porch with his notebook.
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Chairoum
Location: Floating on a cloud; dropping waterballoons on your head.

Post by Chairoum »

Agata was an early morning person. A habit one picked up from ten years of preparing homemade breakfasts. She had enjoyed her book yesterday a bit too much, and had only noticed the passing of time when it became too dark to continue.

The baby had been crying when she arrived, and Dimas and Gracia were trying everything to calm him down. In record time, she had him contently sucking on a bottle of formula, and shooed the parents off to bed, which they desperately needed.

Being a mother herself, she wanted to help Gracia and Dimas through the night, when the little boy started bawling, but kept telling herself they needed the practice.

She had been up for a while by the time the sun rose, getting the house presentable, and a lovely homemade breakfast prepared, and stored it in the oven. She had been told there was a grocery store within walking distance of the house, and she intended to find it; so she changed into a clean apron, and retrieved some money from the swear jar. It tended to fill up quite quickly overnight these days.

---

Agata did not move quickly. She was eighteen years old, and had the physical strength to put a dent in almost anything; she had no need for speed. So she could see the young dog bouncing a tennis ball off a garage door for a while. At least he's active. How many pups of mine did I have to physically kick outside to get them to move?

OT-Deacon: S-4 P-8 E-3 C-8 I-8 A-5 L-6.
devils

Post by devils »

Cinder started walking to Aaron's house. He was starting to figure out the lay of the land in this new neighborhood. As he turned the corner he saw Aaron outside playing with a tennis ball. His tail began to wag behind him at the site. He started walking a little bit quicker and as he neared he waved and said "Hey Aaron!"
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Oh, hey Cinder!" Aaron said, forgetting that the tennis ball was coming back at him and thudding against his arm. "Ow, haha. Oh well, how are you this morning?" Aaron said, his tail wagging a bit as well.

devils

Post by devils »

Cinder giggled a little bit as he watched the ball hit Aaron in the arm. "I'm doing pretty good. It's a nice morning and i got a good nights sleep" Cinder said as he yawned at the thought of sleep. "How about you Aaron? how are you?"
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"I'm alright. Been up for a while, just waiting for you guys to show up. I thought we'd go find Dakotah and Derek at some point this morning and we could all go do something..." Aaron said. He then turned around to pick up the ball and spotted Agata off in the distance. That's the older dog from the park the other day. Hmm. I wonder what she's doing out so early...

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

As Lance neared Aarons house he noticed a large dog walking rather slowly down the street. I remember that dog from the park yesterday I saw her reading a book. She must live close by. He thought to himself. He looked over toward Aarons house and saw Aaron already outside with Cinder talking next to his garage.

Lance smiled his tail wagging a bit. Hey guys! He said running up to Aarons house waving to his two friends.
Chairoum
Location: Floating on a cloud; dropping waterballoons on your head.

Post by Chairoum »

It took Agata a while to reach the gathering. But little seemed to have happened, anyway. The old dog knew something about youngin's, and that was that they never really ran out of energy, so they likely at least knew the grocery store's direction. Hopefully.

"Excuse me, young men."The Pyrenean Mastiff spoke, from the sidewalk beside the driveway. "Would any of you know where the local grocery store is?"

OT-Deacon: S-4 P-8 E-3 C-8 I-8 A-5 L-6.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance had reached Aarons garage when he heard the Mastiff ask a question. Lance turned toward the Mastiff The grocery store? That's a few blocks down to the left. When you hit the Main road go left and then walk past the CVS and then a little later you should hit an intersection and then turn right on the intersection and it should be right there. He said pointing in the direction he had come from.
devils

Post by devils »

Cinder noticed an older looking dog walk up to them. He heard her ask for directions to the grocery store. Since he just moved, Cinder stayed quiet. That's when he saw Lance walk up and answer the old dogs question. "Hey Lance!"
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Derek couldn't think of anything to write. "I guess I'm not going to see anyone sitting on my porch", he thought to himself. Derek walked up the block and rounded the corner. Aaron, Lance and some people he hadn't met yet were outside. "Hey Aaron, hey Lance what's going on?"
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Dakotah had arrived at the park, but saw no one "Man..." he thought "What am I going to do, just wait?" He started thinking, pacing around a little. "I could always walk around here, maybe I'll see Derek out, or Lance, someone... but I hardly know this neighborhood..." He didn't know what to do. "I'll just sit here at this bench for a little bit, and see if they come by, if not, I'll take my chance of looking for them." He sat down on a bench and waited, hoping to see someone he knew out.
Off the Air.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

After explaining to the Mastiff how to get to the store Lance heard Cinder say Hi to him. But before he could answer Derek had come over. Oh Hi Derek not much I was just explaining to this Mastiff here how to get to the Grocery Store. Lance said turning to Derek. By the way I don't think I got your name. Mines Lance. He said turning back to the Mastiff.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

Sunny slowly uncoiled himself from the near-tangled mess of how he slept, and took a moment to think about his plans for the day. He ate his breakfast, then slowly made his way down to his little exit hole; his mother had already gone off to shift by the time he woke up. He slithered outside, and began making his way down along the sidewalk, keeping an eye out for anything - or anyone - of interest.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

(sorry guys, been kinda distracted)

"Hey Derek" Aaron said, greeting his friend when he arrived. He was too shy to talk to the older dog but stayed around to help out if needed, but then he went back to throwing the ball against the garage door. He was hoping they'd go do something soon, he was anxious to get out and explore his new neighborhood.

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Oh its nice to meet you Lance my name is Agata thank you for the directions your such a nice young man.” the Mastiff said as she turned to the left and began walking to the store.

Your welcome Agata I'm glad I could help. Lance said watching the Mastiff walk away. He turned back to his friends So guys does anyone have any plans for today because if not I was thinking we could go to the mall. He said.

(OOC: I'm really sorry Chair but I had to do something)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Well, umm, yeah, we could go check out the forest by the park, or we could go to the mall, or whatever. I'm cool with anything." Aaron said, bouncing the ball off the garage door some more. "Maybe we could go find Dakotah, does anyone know where he lives?"

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Nope I don't have any idea where he lives. Maybe if we walk around we'll see him out. He said.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Dakotah still sat in the park, more longer he waited, the more unsure he got that his friends would come... "Well..." he thought "I should probably look around, but where to go?" He looked around to the left and right of him... "Well, guess I'll go to the right" he said, hoping to find someone.
Off the Air.
devils

Post by devils »

"I'm fine with that" Cinder said. He had stood there quietly while Lance gave some older female dog directions. "Lance you know your way around here, maybe we should head to the forest first. I could use a dose of nature"

(OOC: i'm sorry guys, had a busy weekend)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok going to the forest is fine with me I don't go there nearly enough my self. He said. He turned to Derek What about you,Derek you ok with going to the forest? Lance asked.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

"The forest is fine with me, I guess." Derek replied. He hadn't had much of a chance to go out into preserves before, at his old house the closest nature that wasn't a park was a long drive. He didn't know if he'd enjoy it, but he'd give it a go.
devils

Post by devils »

Cinder looked over at Derek and realized that he hadn't properly introduced himself. He walked over to him and extended a paw. "Hi, uhh.. Derek it is right? I'm Cinder"
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

"Oh, uh, yea, it's Derek, nice to meet you Cinder," Derek took his paw. "Are you new around here too?" he asked.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Well, there was that nice bit of forest next to the park, why don't we head that way?" Aaron chimed in and started to head down the sidewalk, when off in the distance he saw another canine walking. "I can't really tell, can one of you guys see who that is? I wanna see if it's Dakotah, since he didn't know where to meet up with us, he might be looking for us..."

He turned around and realized that on one was following him, and shyly headed back and coughed awkwardly "Umm, guys, can you help me figure out who that is? I think it could be Dakotah, and if it is he might be looking for us, so we should go get him if it is..."

devils

Post by devils »

zeekgenateer wrote:"Oh, uh, yea, it's Derek, nice to meet you Cinder," Derek took his paw. "Are you new around here too?" he asked.
"Yeah i just moved in the other day" Cinder responded. "It's nice to meet you"

Cinder looked over at Aaron "Sorry was introducing myself to Derek."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance looked over at Aaron Well whoever he is meeting him is on the way to the Park anyway so lets all go see who it is come on. He said motioning them to follow him.

(OOC:This post sucks but I couldn't think of anything else)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Guy snorted awake, and immediately broke into a fit of panting. The sun was beating down on him, leaving his fur toasty. He sat up with a groan, staring blearily around himself. He was in the park, lying against a tree at the edge of the forest. His guitar case was lying in the grass beside him, and the Dalmation's arm stung when he touched the black case. Another groan and he rubbed at his eyes roughly, struggling to a standing position. Guys looked around again, seeing that the park was empty. Why was he at the park? It was obviously late morning by the sun's position, but he had no idea why he was here.

Guy stumbled to one of the public restrooms to find a water fountain. The Dalmation lapped desperately at the water, even though it wasn't very cold, and he slowly started to wake up. He couldn't remember anything from the day before, and the throbbing in his head prevented him from trying to recall it. After he had moistened his throat, Guy made his way back to the tree, flopping onto the fround next to his guitar case. He reached a hand out to grab the case, and as he pulled it toward him cans clattered against it. The Dalmation stared at the cans of soda. "That explains it..." He grumbled, pulling his old instrument from its case.

Guy plucked away at the strings for a bit, tuning the guitar, and started to play. At first, he stumbled a bit on the strings, but as his mind cleared, the notes evolved into a specific tune. This time, it was Coldplay's Strawberry Swing, and as Guy slipped into the familiar rythm, he started to sing.

(lol, K so I'll understand if Buck or someone wants me to change this... I tried to keep it low key on the soda thing, but w/e)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Scarlet turned over in her little den, rustling the leaves that she slept on. She was trying to sleep but there was a loud noise that kept her awake. The little squirrel finally gave in and sat up, stretching. What's that noise? It sounds so familiar... She poked her head out of her den, which happened to be a hole in the side of a tree, and looked around for the source but not seeing anything. Time to find the mystery noise! She scampered down her tree and off towards the sound.

She slowed to a stop when she saw the dalmatian that was the source of the strange noise. It was the same dalmatian she'd seen a few times and he had always been playing that strange device to make all those funny sounds. She scampered over to the tree he was leaning against, climbing the opposite side of the dog. She climbed around the tree so she was above the dog a few feet, turning so her head was down facing the down. (Her body is upside down on the tree) Her tail flickered and she chittered down to the dog. "Hey, your the dog that always make those funny sounds!"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.