HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's not that bad, Heather," Zachary said brightly. "You're brave enough, and smart enough, to get Humes to change their minds about you. Just won't happen tonight, right, Wed?" After leading the way for ten minutes, he pulled up outside a garage selling flowers. "Roses from here," he asked his 'passengers', wondering how much he could get with $10.
Lorne looks over at the garage and, immediately, starts to think something is wrong. "Uh I gotta ask," Lorne whispers to Zach, "But what type of flowers do you actually need? I mean not to be rude, but isn't there a flower shop here in town you could get them at?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, uh," Zachary said, looking at the note a little uncertainly, "there are others but... I don't know if I can get Roses for $10? I... don't know the prices."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

[quote="Hlaoroo"]"Oh, yer not de only one wot's 'ad a run-in wiv da pandas, mate. Meeko was 'it wiv tranq darts de same day 'e arrived 'ere. Turned out de pandas were wantin' to 'elp 'im find a home but were goin' about it in a strange way. Dey mean well if ya give 'em a chance dough. We met deir king an' queen an' dey were lovely. Say, are you an' your pack from around 'ere, Miz Wolf?"
"Oh no! We have come a long way from northside, from where the Palatinum River runs. It was Belisarius who thought we could live better if we tried to go civilized. At first the Alphas didn't even want to hear about it, but then they lost their litter to a sickness and we didn't have anything to cure them. Bel stole stuff from a place called 'dragstory', and showed how it could help us heal from wounds and stuff, so we followed him here. At least they got nice trash here, and some plumpier prey, but humans are nice too!
---
The rat poked his chest with a tiny fist. "He can't read, but don't worry. You will earn enough to buy a whole bouquet, loverboy! And I'm sure you'll find someone to give you credit for a couple of nice flowers. I mean, this is one of those places were people go crazy for the fur, and you're cute like heck!"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, uh," Zachary said, looking at the note a little uncertainly, "there are others but... I don't know if I can get Roses for $10? I... don't know the prices."
"I see" Lorne replied as he too didn't know, "Well, if you want me to get them here...I'm gamed."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, dat was very brave of 'im. 'E sounds like a good bloke." Chris tells Lucilla before snickering at "Mr. Stinkbomb".
"What's yer name, Mister Cat? An' dis stinkbomb story sounds fun. You'll 'ave to tell it sometime!" she asks. "An' what's your name, Miz Wolf?"

~~~~~~~~
"Thanks! I'll look forward to it!" Scotty writes, holding up the pad and hoping someone will read it to the wolf. He can't help but grin at the "human" comment.
"No offence taken." Frances also grins, scribbling something on her pad. "So, can I ask how wolves think? What makes your minds so different to humans? What makes you tick? Er, sorry if that's inappropriate to ask. Bad author habit."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Gael

Post by Gael »

he smiles "There isn't really much to tell, I bumped into him, he dropped some stuff, I tried to help him, and then he started ranting before throwing an 'itchy, stingy grenade' I think he called it. After that, he got arrested and I got washed off and sent home" he says, "My name is Gizmo, nice to meet you"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Zachary gave Lorne the money and waited (tickling Wed lightly) until he returned with a set of Roses that were just about on their best days. Accepting them and the few coins in change, Zachary headed off again, talking of his life under the school and the lessons he'd taught himself, Aryle and her beauty and sweet nature and her dad, Six foot of meanness with a look that could skewer a poor, innocent, Fox as sharply as the crossbow bolts he wielded. He told of good humans and ones who weren't quite so nice and found himself talking until they arrived at his destination. His arms hurt but he headed for the entrance.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

December the first and the weather has turned chilly. A light snow delicately coats everything outside the window as Scotty, already strapped into his new chair, wraps a soft, woollen scarf around his neck and pulls on a sturdy pair of warm, full-fingered cycling gloves in place of his usual fingerless ones.

"Hang on a moment!" Frances calls as the cat reaches for the door handle. She plunks a pair of red earmuffs onto the cat's head as he looks around.
"Now you're ready! Be careful out there though. We haven't properly tested your chair in icy conditions yet."

Scotty nods and gives his owner a thumbs up as she opens the door for him. Pushing his joystick forwards he crosses the threshold with the quiet whirr of an electric motor and descends his ramp into the snow.

~~~~~~~~
"SNOW DAY!" Chris yips happily, shrugging on a poofy red jacket and matching mittens and beanie.
"Come on, Meeko! Let's 'ave a snowball fight! We never got much snow back 'ome in London!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gael

Post by Gael »

Gizmo is exploring the town once again, wandering aimlessly around the town wearing a monster hunter themed hoodie, where he lived before it would never snow so this is a new experience for him
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Lorne was outside his garage, busy shoveling away and grumbling. He never really minded the snow as it could lead to some beautiful landscapes, but he always hated shoveling it, something he thinks he picked up from his owner when he used to live there as he too was never a fan of shoveling. But, it was something that needed done. "I am going to be surprised if anyone comes in today," he thought to himself, "Most people don't like taking their cars out in the snow."
Gael

Post by Gael »

Gizmo stumbles upon Lorne's house and takes a deep breath to relax himself before asking "u-umm...do you need any help with that?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Looking up, Lorne is a bit surprised to see someone out and about. But he didn't mind the extra pair of hands, so he replied "Sure! Let me go get another shovel for you," and, after a few seconds, returned with another shovel and handed it to them, "Name's Lorne, what's yours?"
Gael

Post by Gael »

"Nice to meet you, my name is Gizmo" he says taking the shovel and getting to work
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Zachary blinked himself awake in his room and yawned/yipped as he stretched out in the low light. He could hear the school was awake with students but the 'peephole into the classroom wasn't lit up yet so it couldn't be nine. He shivered slightly as he got up and picked up the gift the Pizza shop owner had given him to tell the time. A digital watch. He bleared at the display until he remembered it had a 'lite' switch and he read the digits. Eight, three and six. Eight, Zachary knew, came before Nine in both morning and evening and he was sure he'd get used to the other digits soon. He'd only had the thing a few weeks. Wed, he noticed, had gone off out as usual, whether to spy on the English class or looking for Boy Rats and he'd not see her until dark came back in. He yawned again and wondered how Humies got up when it was almost light outside. The Pizza place didn't need him until later so there was something he needed to do first.

He knew Human beds had sheets but he'd not been told until recently, that they needed to be washed, especially if they were dirty so, after dressing and making sure he had some of that money he'd been paid (cash in paw, don't tell the cops) he took both of them off the bed, sneezed at the smell and, ignoring his stomach, pushed hard to force the secret entrance to the back alley open. "Great" he whined as he stepped out, carrying his pile, "the white stuff makes it cold." He pushed the door closed again and considered keeping his face and neck warm by burying them in the sheets. He decided not to. It wouldn't be a good smell to take to the Pizza place later. He headed towards a local Laundry place.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The path ahead seemingly clear, Scotty looks down for a moment, checking the GPS on his tablet. When he looks up again a fox with a bundle of laundry is rounding the corner. Unable to cry out or warn the vulpine of the impending danger, he yanks back hard on his joystick, activating both the emergency brakes and the horn on his chair. Fortunately this part of the pavement has been salted so there's no ice. Unfortunately the library books tucked beside Scotty's hip are dislodged in the sudden stop and flop to the ground.

Releasing the joystick, the cat claps a paw to his mouth and then hurriedly jabs at his tablet while simultaneously reaching futilely for the books.
"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" the tablet squawks urgently.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Zachary had reason to be thankful for the sheets as he landed on them. He checked himself over before getting up and glancing at the... um... Metal Cat that had hit him. He looked a bit confused for a moment before remembering that he'd seen Humans in things like these before and they couldn't usually get up. "Not really," he told the strange voice as he picked up his sheets, then the books. "You read," he asked. "I'm trying to but..." He checked his feet. Yup, they were still working. Was that rude? All of a sudden, he couldn't remember if he'd put the collar on...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

It was hard at first to get used to living in a home, being outside had a completely different kind of schedule to deal with that left Meeko waking up at random points in the night and having a hard time getting up in the morning. It was almost harder to accept the fact that two strangers had warmly accepted him into their home and quickly made him part of their family. Though Derek and Chris quickly stopped becoming kind strangers and indeed started to become more like family in the ferret’s eyes, Meeko was a Martin now. Despite it being an internal struggle for sometime he was finally ready to just start accepting things now in the present rather than being caught up in the past.

As time went by he got to know his family better and they got to know him better, it was what made a family that in a way. It was interesting to learn new things again after officially getting a place to settle in, especially about magic tricks and such which apparently was the Martin thing. Winter started to roll on in, this would usually be the time that the ferret found warmer places to be but that was the past and now in the present he would be able to enjoy the season fully without worry. Chris always managed to keep the worry away and make everything cheerful just like how on this particular day she wanted them to go play out in the snow.

“Okay!” Meeko said with a cheer in his voice, rushing as quickly as he could behind the dog who got the head start. He would try to get the first snowball made and get the first hit but those odds were going to be against him.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

When Hybrid looked out of his room's window he saw the snow that piled on the ground the night before. He loves the snow but today he wasn't feeling that good about it. He recently moved from his old neighborhood and the sight of snow made him remember his old home. He sighed deeply as he put on his collar and walked out of his room into the kitchen. On the kitchen counter he saw a note, saying his owners left to go do some work. He decided that this would be a good time to explore the neighborhood and meet other pets. As he walked out the door he put on his green hoodie, and wandered the town during this nice snow day.
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Well, nice to meet you, Gizmo!" Lorne replied as he continued shoveling, "Tell you what, since you're helping me...why don't I pay you when we're done? You like hot chocolate?"
Gael

Post by Gael »

he chuckles sheepishly at the mention of payment, he's about to give an "Oh you don't have to" type answer, not wanting to take his money, before hearing that it's hot chocolate "Yeah, some hot chocolate does sound good, thank you" he smiles
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Ask Hybrid explored the town he saw two pets shoveling the snow in a driveway. He liked to help people and maybe he could get to know them.
He took a deep breath and walked toward them.

"Umm.. Hello!" he said to get the attention of the pets shoveling the driveway,"Can I help?".
Gael

Post by Gael »

Gizmo without really thinking hands him his shovel and goes to get a third shovel before realizing what he just did "Oh wait, that's not really my thing to decide is it, my bad." he looks to Lorne
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hearing the second voice and seeing Gizmo was already going to hand the newcomer a shovel, Lorne smiles and replies "Come on over! I pay in hot chocolate...er what's your name?"
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

"Oh my name is Hybrid! Whats yours?" He said as he took the shovel.
Gael

Post by Gael »

"My name is Gizmo, nice to meet ya" he gives a wave
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

"Nice to meet you too, Gizmo!", he said happily.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"I'm Lorne," he replies with with a wave as well, "I run the mechanic shop here...still working on a name heh"
Gael

Post by Gael »

"I would help but I'm honestly no good with naming anything" he says sheepishly
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

"Nice to meet you Lorne!" he says, while starting to shovel the snow, "I could help, but I honestly am not good at names either."
Last edited by Foxfan2164 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sorry! Do you need me to call you a vet?" Scotty asks.
"And yeah, I love reading. It passes the time. I could help you learn, if you want. I'm on my way to the library at the moment. I'm Scotty, by the way, What's your name?"

~~~~~~~~
"'Ang on a moment, youse two." Derek says, catching Meeko's shoulder.
"Before youse go out, I've got an early Christmas present fer Meeko." he says, pulling out a bumpy package from behind his back.
"Merry Christmas, mate! Go on, open it!" In the package, Meeko will find a pair of gloves, a warm hat and a scarf all in colours that compliment his vest and all in ferret sizes.
"I 'ope you like da colours an' dat dey fit all right. If not we can go back ta da shop an' swap 'em."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmmm?" Zachary looked confused until he mentally replayed the conversation so far and a smile broadened on his lips, pricking his ears up. "Oh! Sorry. Thought you asked if I'd been hurt, not if I was OK." He tapped his temple. "Bit confused," he continued, grinning, "never been run over by a cat in a tank before! Nah, I'm fine. And I'm Zachary," he said, shifting the sheets so he could properly hold out a handpaw. "I need to put these in the Laundry place first but that's on the way so, yeah, I'll go with. The library might let me in if I'm with someone."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

As Hybrid continued to shovel the snow, the air around him started to become more chilly. Thinking nothing about it, he continued shoveling. Soon the air became a lot more colder and, since Hybrid only took a hoodie to wear in this weather, he started shivering in the cold. "Brr.. It sure is getting cold.", he mumbled, as he continued to shovel the snow. "I probably should have worn something warmer."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Foxfan2164 wrote:"Nice to meet you Lorne!" he says, while starting to shovel the snow, "I could help, but I honestly am not good at names either."
Gael wrote:"I would help but I'm honestly no good with naming anything" he says sheepishly
"Eh, don't worry, I'll think of something later today," Lorne smiled. After shoveling for a bit, Lorne looks over at the two and said "Say, seeing as we're pretty much done, why don't you two come in and get warmed up? I'll get the hot cocoa ready in the meantime. Just put the shovels against the house." before starting back in.
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

"Okay!", Hybrid said as he walked towards Lorne's house, shivering in the cold. He put the shovel against the house, then went inside to warm up."It sure was cold today." He said, shivering. "I probably should have worn something more than a hoodie."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

He knew he would not be able to get outside quick enough for a head start but Meeko did not think that he would be stopped before even getting out the door. "Uh, oh." Was all he could manage to get out at the sight of being given a present, he was not all to sure what to think about it besides being grateful which was a given. He took his time to open the present, not all to sure what to expect and it was kind of surreal feeling.

"Yeah... Yeah." Meeko said and repeatedly slowly as Derek before shifting to, "No... No. This is perfect." He was having a hard time speaking up past a low stunned voice, trying to get himself to not cry. That ended up not happening as the tears came anyways and he finished by saying, "Dad."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Gael

Post by Gael »

"I've never been more glad to have long fur than I am right now he says as he puts the shovel where Lorne told them to follows the two in
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Lorne just chuckles as he lead the two into his home and into the kitchen. The hallway leading to the kitchen had pictures of vintage cars and 80's bands, along with pictures of him and his owner back at Tinstar Ranch. The kitchen itself was very nicely kept and had a comforting atmosphere. "Go ahead and sit at the counter," Lorne said as he got the cups out, "I'll get the hot cocoa going." One other thought then occurred to him as he grabbed the cups "Say, either of you two hungry? I was going to make some chicken strips and fries for myself later, so you guys want any?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty shakes the proffered paw, his grip firm but not impolitely so.
"You mean they've never let you in before?" he asks, his computer not sounding quite as incredulous as he looks.
"No, that won't do at all! I'll get you in! They've rather taken a shine to me there. I'm sure I can pull a few strings. Do you have a collar? That would help. If not we'll stop at the pet shop on the way and I'll get you one."

~~~~~~~~
"Is everyfink okay, son?" Derek asks softly ashe rubs the ferrets back, worried that he might have done something wrong.

Chris is watching the scene quietly, leaning on the door with a small smile.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, it's a feral thing," Zachary admitted carelessly, "They know the collar's a cover and..." He felt his throat and realised he'd forgotten to put it on. He put the sheets down on the snow as they couldn't get any more stained anyhow and fished the neckwear out of his pocket. He clipped it around his neck and pulled the tag (bearing the name 'Zak') around to the front before picking the sheets back up. "They like to know there are Humans who can pay for any damages. Not that I'd damage a book," he added, looking proud.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Of course." Meeko eventually got out. Though he figured that while his paws were full at the moment a hug would be a lot better show of appreciation.