HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:The captain lifted his hood to reveal a calm, strong face littered with many scars. A half chewed left ear, a scar starting at the right of his neck, going down his back, and, if one looked closely, along his left arm. He bowed before both, then got up.
"Thank you for this privacy," he said, "My name is Larenguard Ilchiz. Left Arm Captain. I have been sent as a fact finding mission. Granted our meeting was a rocky start. However, we have been given concerns that warrant secrecy of information for now. First, I must impart some news. The Chieftain and his wife are expecting. As such, celebrations will be performed. However, the chief has made concerns that our people have grown too easy, and forgetful. So he has ordered a Mourn March. A remembrance of the dead and fallen. Because you are now family, but not panda, you are not required to attend. However, we must invite you."
"I can not do that myself. This is a state affair. We will send a diplomat to invite the pack as a whole," he said, "We do not wish to make any mistakes. Are there any protocols that you would like us to observe concerning this?"
Caesar nodded. "If you are allowing us to join you in the march to honor your departed, we will bring food we ourselves hunted just for them. Nothing we will eat of it. Instead, we will bury it in a place of your choice so that through the earth and its creatures your spirits can consume it. At the first fool moon, we will sing for them. Will that be acceptable for you?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Mitch simply stood there for a moment. Blinking. Before taking the towel, shrugging.
"Well, at least he's clean," Mitch said, drying Rikki off first, "Oh, love. Um. I've taken the liberty of first inviting Bel and Val if they wanted to double up on the wedding. I thought you might like the idea. What do you think?"
The ferret almost purred at his touch. "I say that it's a finest idea. Val and Bel are my family, wouldn't have them anywhere else." Then she kissed him on the nose tip.
"Daww, I like so much weddings. I mean, I read them only in books, saw illustrations...but it must be something so heartwarming! With the pandas, will it be like when we met the first time, Val? That was--" The wolfdog's organic paw closed around his snout.
"TMI, love. And no, it won't be like *our* first encounter. But I'm sure it will be fabulous as you think. Right, my Prince?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty smiles. "That would be cool!" he writes before pausing. "Say, think you guys could help me get my room set up, please? I can't really organise the furniture or posters myself..."
"Will do!" Lucilla said, carrying him to their destination. "No one can organize a den like I do! What's a 'poster'?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"It w-wouldn't hurt the book at a-all, would it?" Will inquired. "I feel like he might get upset i-if anything happened to... w-well, any book."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, it will be fabulous. Glad you agree love," Mitch said, drying himself off, "Oh, and Bel..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The captain nodded.

"I hope your hunters are fast," he said, "My cousin has slated the march for roughly 7:30. We will not start until you arrive." He fished out his phone, typed a few things, waited, nodded.

"Our diplomat will arrive to invite you shortly," he said, "Again, are there any rules you'd like him to follow?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

With being free to go reconfirmed Meeko felt more at ease, now it just came time to get to the going part.
Hlaoroo wrote:Chris' hurt look vanishes as Meeko talks and is replaced by one of confusion as she henhouse her head in the manner of befuddled dogs.
"So... You DO wanna be adopted den? Or don't you?"
He looked at Chris with a smile, "I do want to be adopted Chris. Let's go."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, no! Not at all!" Derek assures Will. "I know a coupla mind-readin' tricks. Dere's anovver dat makes pictures appear in a blank book which is quite simple, only you can't let dem look too closely at da book or dey'll see 'ow it's done. What sort o' trick do ye fancy?"

--------------------
"I'll show you." Scotty writes with Elio reading aloud for the wolves' benefit. "But first the furniture."
Several minutes and a lot of gesticulation later, Scotty has the bed, bookshelf, desk, bedside table, lamp and handrail to help him get in and out of bed set up to his satisfaction. Next he opens a case and pulls out some knicknacks, setting them onto the bookshelf before retrieving a packet of reusable adhesive putty (blu-tack) from the same case and passing it to Lucilla along with a pair of rubber gloves. He knows from experience that the stuff will get gummed up with fur and rendered useless if an animal uses it without gloves. He shows her how to roll a small amount between her paws and stick it to the back of the corners of the poster (making the reason for the gloves obvious as his blob gets covered in hair), and then directs her with more gesticulation until his eclectic mix of posters is displayed on the walls. He has some prints of his favourite Escher works, some prints of celestial bodies including the Cat's-Eye Nebula and the Pillars of Creation, some birds and squirrels, and, slightly embarrassingly, two posters featuring characters from the "Pridelands" series that's so popular amongst cats.

Finally, he opens a box and unloads books and board games onto his shelf, a flashlight onto his bedside table, stationary onto his desk, and last but not least he unwraps a framed photograph and lingers over it for a while. He sets it on his lap and wheels himself over to Elio, passing the human the photo which depicts a happy Frances and another human, a young man with messy, mousey-brown hair, startlingly green eyes and teeth straight out of the "after" shot in a dental ad. Both humans are hugging Scotty who's sitting between them, the male playfully messing up the cat's headfur with one hand as the cat playfully tries to push him off, and all three are clearly laughing as they sit on a swinging garden seat. A diamond ring can just be seen glittering on Frances' finger, the same ring that now hangs on the chain around her neck. Both humans are dressed in summer hiking clothes and wearing hiking boots and a cat-sized baseball cap with notches to fit over feline ears can be seen in the grass at Scotty's feet, clearly having been just knocked off by the man in the photo.
"That's me and Frances with Mike, my old owner a year or two before he... Before the accident... We were on vacation in the mountains in Washington. That's Mount Adams you can just see in the background. Mike's dad owned a cabin there. We often went there on vacation..." The cat has a wistful smile on his face as he writes, remembering days long gone.

--------------------
"YES!" Chris lurches forward, enveloping the ferret in a hug. "Let's go make it official, bruvver mine! Do ye feel okay ta walk after dose darts?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star watched the two hug and gave a small clap, "Congratulations." He smiled lightly, happy to see a nice event after the previous, less than stellar experiences.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"M-mind reading tricks?" Will asked, eyes wide. "That s-sounds amazing! I wouldn't mind l-learning that."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"So, itinerary, later today and tomorrow, Wedding Orientation," Mitch said, leading the group out of the bathroom, "Then the necessities. Archery the fist week, dancing the second week, then games the third week. For our rings, vows, and gowns specifically. You guys will have to learn the dance. And it is expected that we are to read our literature throughout the weeks too." Mitch sighed with a smile, it will be a busy, happy month.

"But I think we should get something to eat before the march this evening," Mitch said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'll show you." Scotty writes with Elio reading aloud for the wolves' benefit. "But first the furniture."
Several minutes and a lot of gesticulation later, Scotty has the bed, bookshelf, desk, bedside table, lamp and handrail to help him get in and out of bed set up to his satisfaction. Next he opens a case and pulls out some knicknacks, setting them onto the bookshelf before retrieving a packet of reusable adhesive putty (blu-tack) from the same case and passing it to Lucilla along with a pair of rubber gloves. He knows from experience that the stuff will get gummed up with fur and rendered useless if an animal uses it without gloves. He shows her how to roll a small amount between her paws and stick it to the back of the corners of the poster (making the reason for the gloves obvious as his blob gets covered in hair), and then directs her with more gesticulation until his eclectic mix of posters is displayed on the walls. He has some prints of his favourite Escher works, some prints of celestial bodies including the Cat's-Eye Nebula and the Pillars of Creation, some birds and squirrels, and, slightly embarrassingly, two posters featuring characters from the "Pridelands" series that's so popular amongst cats.

Finally, he opens a box and unloads books and board games onto his shelf, a flashlight onto his bedside table, stationary onto his desk, and last but not least he unwraps a framed photograph and lingers over it for a while. He sets it on his lap and wheels himself over to Elio, passing the human the photo which depicts a happy Frances and another human, a young man with messy, mousey-brown hair, startlingly green eyes and teeth straight out of the "after" shot in a dental ad. Both humans are hugging Scotty who's sitting between them, the male playfully messing up the cat's headfur with one hand as the cat playfully tries to push him off, and all three are clearly laughing as they sit on a swinging garden seat. A diamond ring can just be seen glittering on Frances' finger, the same ring that now hangs on the chain around her neck. Both humans are dressed in summer hiking clothes and wearing hiking boots and a cat-sized baseball cap with notches to fit over feline ears can be seen in the grass at Scotty's feet, clearly having been just knocked off by the man in the photo.
"That's me and Frances with Mike, my old owner a year or two before he... Before the accident... We were on vacation in the mountains in Washington. That's Mount Adams you can just see in the background. Mike's dad owned a cabin there. We often went there on vacation..." The cat has a wistful smile on his face as he writes, remembering days long gone.
Lucilla didn't almost hear the cat. Her head kept going to and fro the poster displaying the Cat's Eye Nebula. She kept looking uneasy at the stellar object.
"Is it true then? Cats have their own god in the sky watching over them? How did you take a picture of a god? Is there not a picture of wolf gods? It is unfair!" She pouted. Then, at the poster, "Stop looking, cat! Stop it, I said!"
Elio patted Scotty's neck. "That is one beautiful shot. You'll see, that guy is one *good* doctor. You'll be fine in no time, I could give my life over this."
---
xhunterko wrote:"So, itinerary, later today and tomorrow, Wedding Orientation," Mitch said, leading the group out of the bathroom, "Then the necessities. Archery the fist week, dancing the second week, then games the third week. For our rings, vows, and gowns specifically. You guys will have to learn the dance. And it is expected that we are to read our literature throughout the weeks too." Mitch sighed with a smile, it will be a busy, happy month.
"But I think we should get something to eat before the march this evening," Mitch said.
"Now *that* is an argument I totally agree with!" Belisarius said, happily. "You'll see, you guys will be proud of us!"
"I can vouch for that," Valiant added. "Give him anything in a social, hierarchical context, and Bel will give the 110%. That is also how he conquered my parents: he can really adapt to rules and the such."
The wolf squeezed his mate with one arm. "Not to mention I need to impress *you*. I must be at my best for the ceremony! What did you have in mind for the food? I know there is a nice restaurant not far from here."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I don't doubt he will. A nice restaurant cannot possible handle 100 or so pandas, heh, I'm sure," Mitch said, "But for tonight we will break out the food stores in the village. And if you mean right now, just for us, I'm good with leftovers."

"Say, nothing is going on tomorrow for you guys that you have planned that I missed is there?" Mitch asked.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"YES!" Chris lurches forward, enveloping the ferret in a hug. "Let's go make it official, bruvver mine! Do ye feel okay ta walk after dose darts?"
Meeko smiled as Chris hugged him, saying "Thanks." to Star. Looking at Chris he added, "I really do not think I am up for walking back from however far it was to get here."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Erm, I forgot his color.

"Care to ride a bear then?" Borues said with a grin to Meeko.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked up at the bear, "Um, I have never had the pleasure to be able to do such a thing. I would not mind if you do not, and I would be rather grateful."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I guess we should be goin' den. Dad'll wonder where we are. Fanks fer da hospitality ma'am, sir, and fanks fer da help, mister 'ealer, sir." Chris says, respectfully bowing to each panda in turn.

--------------------
Scotty smiles at the human, leaning into the patting slightly.
"Thanks, Elio." he writes before noticing the annoyance of the wolf. Hiding a chuckle he wheels himself to his desk and opens his laptop, bringing up a picture of Lupus, the Wolf constellation.
"Lupus, the Wolf Constellation. It's visible in the south. So you wolves have a god of sorts too." the text-to-speech function on his computer says to save Lucilla trying to read it.

--------------------
Out in the kitchen, Frances is unpacking the pathetically small box that contains her cooking gear with Cinzia's help. Out of the box comes a toaster, an electric kettle, two saucepans, a frying pan, a measuring cup, some microwaveable Tupperware containers, a carving knife, a bread knife and a smaller knife for cutting vegetables and... That's it apart from a small and cheap crockery set and equally small and cheap cutlery set which are soon packed into draws and cupboards.
"Hmm. I don't have half the things you have in your kitchen, Mama. Perhaps we should go shopping together some time and you can show me what to get so I can cook properly. Mike had more stuff but he hadn't made a will yet so either his sister took it or it was given to charity... I didn't get a lot of say really. Heh, I wouldn't have known what to take anyway."

--------------------
"Orright. Well, I know a couple. I'll start wiv de easy one first. So, 'ere's a dee-ten. It's just a normal die but wiv ten sides and numbers zero ta nine instead o' just one ta six. Nerds like me use 'em ta play D&D. So 'ave a good look, roll it a few times, make sure it's not weighted or anyfink. In da mean time I'll grab some books." Derek goes back to his shelf and selects four books, seemingly at random. They're a variety of books, including a romance novel (a secret love of Chris'), an encyclopaedia, a guide to the birds of the UK and a cookbook. He places the books on the coffee table in front of Will.
"So if you're 'appy wiv da die den we move onto da next step. 'Ave a look at dese books and pic any one you like. It don't matter which. You can see dey're all different an' you can 'ave a look inside and make sure dey're all real books and not tampered wiv or anyfink like dat. Den pick a book you want to use. Any one at all, it don' matter which, an' put de ovvers aside."
Pausing, the human waits to see when Will is satisfied with the dice and which book he picks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"I don't doubt he will. A nice restaurant cannot possible handle 100 or so pandas, heh, I'm sure," Mitch said, "But for tonight we will break out the food stores in the village. And if you mean right now, just for us, I'm good with leftovers."
"Say, nothing is going on tomorrow for you guys that you have planned that I missed is there?" Mitch asked.
"Well," Valiant said, "Tomorrow a friend, a human friend, of mine, will be here to help out with Scotty. He works at DARPA, the Pentagon's scientific branch, and he gave me my new arm." he flexed his metallic fist. "He wants to give Scotty something to help him walk again. Knowing him, I'm sure he has something good in mind already."
"What kind of food you now in your stores?" Belisarius asked. "What?!" he added after the Italian wolfdog had nudged him. "Food is important too! Hmph," he said with a smug expression, crossing his arms. "bet your precious humans couldn't invent any wonder on an empty stomach!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty smiles at the human, leaning into the patting slightly.
"Thanks, Elio." he writes before noticing the annoyance of the wolf. Hiding a chuckle he wheels himself to his desk and opens his laptop, bringing up a picture of Lupus, the Wolf constellation.
"Lupus, the Wolf Constellation. It's visible in the south. So you wolves have a god of sorts too." the text-to-speech function on his computer says to save Lucilla trying to read it.
Lucilla's eyes widened. "Ohhh, cute! I'm sure there are a lot of books about this divinity! Can you teach me to read?!" she asked, almost bouncing.
Amadora shook her head, a paw over her eye. "Civilization. Oy!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Out in the kitchen, Frances is unpacking the pathetically small box that contains her cooking gear with Cinzia's help. Out of the box comes a toaster, an electric kettle, two saucepans, a frying pan, a measuring cup, some microwaveable Tupperware containers, a carving knife, a bread knife and a smaller knife for cutting vegetables and... That's it apart from a small and cheap crockery set and equally small and cheap cutlery set which are soon packed into draws and cupboards.
"Hmm. I don't have half the things you have in your kitchen, Mama. Perhaps we should go shopping together some time and you can show me what to get so I can cook properly. Mike had more stuff but he hadn't made a will yet so either his sister took it or it was given to charity... I didn't get a lot of say really. Heh, I wouldn't have known what to take anyway."
Cinzia, on the other hand, didn't look disappointed at all. She kindly patted Frances' shoulder. "Dear, for years after the war it was a miracle to have the stuff you have now. You can cook a hefty meal with what you have now, and yes, tomorrow we will go to the market and there we'll buy all we need to make a meal worth Scotty's first new steps. You'll do just fine."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will takes the die, but doesn't handle it for very long before he hands it back. "I w-wouldn't know how to test th-this, but that's okay. I-I doubt you'd lie."

After handing the die back, the mink turned his eyes to the books. He didn't bother opening the encyclopedia, as that seemed more Uncle Paige's thing. The cookbook looked alright, but Will wasn't really the cooking type. The book on birds was nice, however. He'd admired birds back then, when he was able to glimpse outside. So much freedom they had, to take flight whenever they... He shook his head. No, he was free now. He didn't have to worry about that anymore.

He opened the final book, and his eyes went alight. Unlike the others, this was fiction! While the others could inform, or teach, this one could inspire, specifically himself. Though he didn't know what the trick would require of him, his choice was obvious. "I-I choose this one."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: I'll explain later.

"Oh, well that won't do, we'll have to reschedule tonight then," Mitch said, then he explained.

As they got to the kitchen, though, an elderly red panda lady was waiting for them with, a number of foot long sub sandwhiches on the table. All their favorites.

"Aunt Mohanna!" Mitch said. Giving her a hug.

"Well," she said in reply, "Someone said something about food. Tuck in. I got the human's in the fridge. I didn't know what to get Bel so I just got him four of each chicken and steak."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues got down on his knees.

"Up you go," he said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh, well that won't do, we'll have to reschedule tonight then," Mitch said, then he explained.
As they got to the kitchen, though, an elderly red panda lady was waiting for them with, a number of foot long sub sandwhiches on the table. All their favorites.
"Aunt Mohanna!" Mitch said. Giving her a hug.
"Well," she said in reply, "Someone said something about food. Tuck in. I got the human's in the fridge. I didn't know what to get Bel so I just got him four of each chicken and steak."
The big wolf rubbed his paws and licked his chops. "Your family is *awesome*, my friend! And so--yip!!" that came when, after trying to run to the table, he was pulled back by the tail.
By Valiant. "Guests first, love. *royal* guests first."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Says the soon to be royal brother in law," Mitch said, sitting down.

Mohanna simply chuckled, munching on her own sandwhich.

"I was his nanny during our incarceration," Mohanna explained.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Says the soon to be royal brother in law," Mitch said, sitting down.
Mohanna simply chuckled, munching on her own sandwhich.
"I was his nanny during our incarceration," Mohanna explained.
Valiant took a sandwich. "You must have been quite the educator. Is there some anecdote we are entitled to know about?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, if you fink I wouldn't lie, you obviously don't know much about magic!" Derek jokes. "So, you keep dat dice. You'll need it in a moment." Derek puts the other three books away, leaving Will's choice on the table by itself along with a pen, paper and a calculator. He picks up a long scarf and hands it to the ermine before leaning forward so that the pet can reach his head comfortably.
"'Ere. 'Ave a look at dat and make sure it's fick enough dat you can't see frough. Den tie it around me 'ead like a blindfold so I can't see what your'e doin'. An' don't be afraid ta pull it tight so's I can't cheat."

--------------------
Chris helps Meeko onto the bear.
"Fanks again fer everyfin'! Erm... Which way is 'ome? I forgot to look on da way 'ere..."

--------------------
Scotty smiles at the wolves' reactions. He connects a cable to his laptop and prints a copy of the picture of Lupus that he'd just shown Lucilla and presents it to her.
"Here. A decoration for your den." his computer says robotically. The cat pauses to ponder the wolf's request.
"I think that could be tricky since I can't say all the sounds to help you learn them... But I'm sure we could do it with Elio helping! What do you think, Elio?"

--------------------
"Awesome! Thanks, Mamma! So... Would you like a cup of tea now that I have the kettle out?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty smiles at the wolves' reactions. He connects a cable to his laptop and prints a copy of the picture of Lupus that he'd just shown Lucilla and presents it to her.
"Here. A decoration for your den." his computer says robotically. The cat pauses to ponder the wolf's request.
"I think that could be tricky since I can't say all the sounds to help you learn them... But I'm sure we could do it with Elio helping! What do you think, Elio?"
"I like to keep myself busy, young man, so why not?"
"Awesome!" the young she-wolf squealed and hugged fiercely first the cat and then the human. And then she remembered to take the picture. "Our constellation. The other packs are going soooo jelly!"
--------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Awesome! Thanks, Mamma! So... Would you like a cup of tea now that I have the kettle out?"
"Sure, dear. Sugar, two lumps, and lemon. I guess you can't burn water, heh?" she chuckled
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"But hm, hm," Aunt Mohanna teased.

"What shall I say about his little highness? Hm?" She said, enjoying seeing Mitch get red in the face. She chuckled a bit before patting him on the shoulder.

"Oh come on now dear, you should have known this was coming," She said, Mitch just sighed.

"Still, I can and should keep it brief," she said, "He once tried to take on a bear! Silly thing."

"Not my fault," Mitch grumbled. Mohanna nodded.

"Tis true. It was his father's. Young Mitch had a habit of being jumpy. And would jump at every little noise. His poor father had had enough. So he told him a story about a king and his son. I won't tell it now. But the gist of the story was that the people of the land never touched the prince again because of fear of the king. Benjamin said that he was a king, and Mitch his son, and Mitch needn't worry or be afraid of anything," She said, "The next day, a bear was charging about the fence gates. He hadn't attacked yet, yet that didn't stop Mitch. Mitch grabbed a crossbow (lord knows how he lifted it) ran through the lane, right through the gates, and hissed and roared at the bear before firing. The bear was stunned more than anything. Everyone was stunned. THEN the bear roared and charged. Mitch fled of course, emptying his bladder as he did so. It took 50 pandas before the bear was brought down. Benjamin of course, comforted and further explained what the story meant to his son. When the bear woke up later, it was discovered he was drunk after having just lost his wife. He was then told how he got to where he was. He laughed so hard and long it shook
the building and the trees. We became good friends with him after that and he visited often. I hope he's doing all right now. Sigh. Oh, oh dear, finish up it's almost time to go. But, Rikki dear...
"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues laughed at that.

"Ha ha! It's not hard actually, if you're stuck, and find yourself at the village, just head headlong in the opposite direction! There's also a path," Borues said, "Now if your ready, walk or run?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star turned from the bear to Chris, "Unless we're all getting a ride, I'd say walk. Don't want Chris aggravating that sprained ankle."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Borues nodded.

"Fair enough, although," he said, "You best get on. You know how fast we CAN walk?" He added a grin.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will takes the scarf in his paws, and hesitates slightly in testing it. The hesitation lasts on a moment, however, as he puts it over his eyes briefly. Satisfied, he proceeds to tie it around the magician's eyes, making sure it isn't too tight, but still tight enough. "D-does that feel okay?" he asks politely.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, dat's good!" Derek grins. He feels around for the table and picks up the die, holding it out in the direction he assumes the ermine is standing.
"So, roll diss free times. You'll get free numbers. Put dem togever in any order you like to make a free digit number an' tell me when you're done. But don't tell me what de number is."

--------------------
Scotty smiles at Elio and then a thought occurs to him.
"Thanks, Elio. Could you and Lucilla take me upstairs to the study please? I think we should laminate her picture." says his computer.

--------------------
"Heh, trust me, Mamma. If anyone can it's me!" Francis giggles, flicking the switch on the kettle. Unfortunately, in her enthusiasm she's forgotten to fill it, but she doesn't realise it as she pulls cups and spoons from the draw and cupboard.

--------------------
"Heh. Well, I know bears can be fast." Chris answers Borues. "I dunno 'ow fast exactly dough. But I do know dat if yer faced wiv 'em yer supposed to make yerself big an' loud an' scary. But some'ow I don' fink dat would work wiv yyou, Borues."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty smiles at Elio and then a thought occurs to him.
"Thanks, Elio. Could you and Lucilla take me upstairs to the study please? I think we should laminate her picture." says his computer.
Lucilla lifted the cat into her arms. "'Laminated', what's that?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, trust me, Mamma. If anyone can it's me!" Francis giggles, flicking the switch on the kettle. Unfortunately, in her enthusiasm she's forgotten to fill it, but she doesn't realise it as she pulls cups and spoons from the draw and cupboard.
Readily, Mama Cinzia used a gloved hand to put the kettle to safety. "At least you are putting a lot of good will in it. So many young women will just opt for precooked food."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ha, you'd be surprised what works and what doesn't, that spray now, urf," he said, then he picked up the dog and placed her behind Meeko. THEN he began to walk. Within a few seconds, they were half way through, a few minutes later, they were at the highway. Bourues turned in the direction of their home, knowing it already.

"Now what was that I said about being fast, heh," he said with a grin. There were no bumps, or jostles, the ride was as smooth as a boat could be through water!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, er... No, I left it on the coffee table. It's yours after all." Frances answers Cinzia.
Scotty looks a little surprised at first when he's lifted by Lucilla but relaxes into it when he feels secure. He realises his tablet is still on the table and writes a note on his pad to Rikki.
"Hi, Rikki. I'm Scotty, your new neighbour. Valiant tells me you're very good with computers. I spilled water on mine accidentally and it's a little slow anyway so I was hoping you could fix it for me. Thanks in advance and I totally understand if you can't or if you're too busy. Cheers, Scotty.
He pulls the note from the pad and folds it in half and addresses it to Rikki and then writes a note to Elio.
"Hey, Mr. Leone, could you put this note with my tablet, please? Also this pen and pad are yours so here, you better have them back so I don't accidentally steal them." Note written he offers the pen and pad to Elio.
While eating her fill, Rikki eventually found the focus to read the note bearing her name. "Hm, piece o' cake," she mumbled while eating one of the small cupcakes Mama Cinzia kept in storage for her only. Not even Valiant was admitted to those treats. She took the computer and hopped down the table, "Guys, my love: I'm going to work a bit. Life can't only be all luving and laughing. See you in a jiff." And up she went the stairs.
"That's my sis," Valiant said. "Couldn't have her any other way."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will took the dice in paw, and did as he was asked. The first two rolls were simple; he got a 7 first, followed by a 3. The last roll, however, ended up getting caught in a small indent, and landed on a point instead of a side. He quickly re-rolled that one, bringing out a 9. Alright, so 397 it was. "I-I've got my numbers. Er, w-well, number."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay. So. Yer gonna reverse dat number and take de smaller number from de bigger number. So if yer number was 123 den you'd write 321 take 123. Get it?" The magician waits for the ermine to indicate that this is done before proceeding.
"Cool. Next, take dat result, reverse it and den add de two togever. So if yer result was 456 den you write 456 plus 654. Yer should get a four digit number. Got it? ... Good. Okay. Now, pick up de book. De first free numbers in dat 4 digit number are a page number and de fourf is de number o' de word. So if yer number was 1234 den you'd go to page 123 and look at de fourf word on dat page. Get it? Okay. Focus on dat word. Hold it in yer head but don't say it okay? Got it? Okay, let's see 'ere... It's a longish word..." The magician reaches out his hand and places his palm against Will's forehead, frowning as though deep in concentration.
"It's go' a V... Er... Vain... No, Ven... Vener... Venerable, right? Was your word 'Venerable'?" he grins, removing his hand from the ermine.

--------------------
"Wow. Remind me never ta irritate a bear. I'd never ge' away in time." Chris quips, holding tight to the soft fur.

--------------------
"It means it's coated in plastic so if it gets wet or dirty you can just wipe it clean and the paper won't be ruined." Scotty writes on his pad, holding it up for Elio to read since he can no longer reach his computer. He has no idea of the meeting that's happening in the study but he'll find out soon enough!

--------------------
"Oh, trust me. I've done that a lot since the accident. It was just easier." Turning around she sees Cinzia holding the kettle.
"... I forgot to fill it, didn't I? Is it totally destroyed?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It means it's coated in plastic so if it gets wet or dirty you can just wipe it clean and the paper won't be ruined." Scotty writes on his pad, holding it up for Elio to read since he can no longer reach his computer. He has no idea of the meeting that's happening in the study but he'll find out soon enough!
Elio read the pad and explained everything to Lucilla. Then, to Scott, "My boy, I am fairly sure thar right now Rikki is working so hard on that computer of yours that when she's done with it, it will run faster than a Cray."
--------------------
"Oh, trust me. I've done that a lot since the accident. It was just easier." Turning around she sees Cinzia holding the kettle.
"... I forgot to fill it, didn't I? Is it totally destroyed?"[/quote]
Cinzia examined it quickly. "No, it is not. Just put it under the tap to cool it, then fill it."
"We are done unpacking and placing the human female's stuff as ordered," Agrippina said from the door, sounding as if she had just been humiliated into begging for scraps. "Pizzas, now?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I-it is!" Will's eyes widened as he but the book down, having confirmed the magician's question. "That's amazing! H-how did you- w-wait, no, s-sorry." He blushed slightly at his out burst. "I shouldn't a-assume you'd just tell me. I don't know if i-it applies when they teach, b-but I have heard magician's never r-reveal the trick."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, generally dat's true. But magicians can reveal secrets to deir apprentices. 'Ow would dey learn ovverwise? Say... Did ya wanna be a proper apprentice? Ya picked up on palmin' da balls pretty quick. And I fink I 'ave an idea dat might mean you can do yer act wivout stutterin'. An' dat might even 'elp reduce it off-stage too. Yer'd 'ave ta be willin' ta work at it dough." Derek is unknowingly echoing the words Chris had said to the ermine earlier that day.

--------------------
Scotty gives Elio a thumbs up and then pauses. He picks up his pad again and scrawls a quick question.
"Wait... Cray as in crayfish? They can run fast? Come to think of it, they can run at all?"

--------------------
"Oh good. That would have been a great start to a new life, blowing up the kettle." Frances drawls sarcastically before turning to the wolf who's just arrived.
"Ah, thanks. Um... I'm sorry, which wolf are you? I still haven't quite worked out how to tell you all apart..." she admits sheepishly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty gives Elio a thumbs up and then pauses. He picks up his pad again and scrawls a quick question.
"Wait... Cray as in crayfish? They can run fast? Come to think of it, they can run at all?"
"Oh, no, no! I was talking about a kind of supercomputer. Rikki keeps hoping I can buy her one, but I understand that stuff costs a little much more than my retirement."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh good. That would have been a great start to a new life, blowing up the kettle." Frances drawls sarcastically before turning to the wolf who's just arrived.
"Ah, thanks. Um... I'm sorry, which wolf are you? I still haven't quite worked out how to tell you all apart..." she admits sheepishly.
"Agrippina. And I'd like extra meat...No, come to think of it, extra meat for all of us. Except Lucilla. She likes some fruit on it as well." She 'tsk'ed
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will noticed the similarity to Chris' original thoughts as well, though he had figured such an idea would happen down the road, not the same day. However, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't interested; quite the opposite. What he'd seen of magic so far was amazing! "Y-yes, absolutely! I'd love to be your apprentice! I-I promise to work as hard as necessary to master it!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty slowly nods open-mouthed as though saying "Ooh".
"I'll have to find some way to repay her." Scotty writes. "What kinds of things does she like?"
He shows the pad to Elio and then points out the door to the study.

--------------------
"Agrippina. Right. Not Amadora. She had the... Darker... Fur...Somewhe-aaanyway, what sort of meat do you wolves want on your pizza?" Frances changes the subject abruptly, still having no clue which wolf is which.

--------------------
"Well den. Welcome aboard, mate!" Derek smiles, offering the stoat a hand for shaking. "I'll draw up a fing fer ya ta sign later. Nuffink ta worry about - just a fing saying you're my apprentice in case da Magic Circle asks, dat's all. Makes it official, like. So... Ya got a favourite trick ya'd like ta learn, Will?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty slowly nods open-mouthed as though saying "Ooh".
"I'll have to find some way to repay her." Scotty writes. "What kinds of things does she like?"
He shows the pad to Elio and then points out the door to the study.
"As long as it's electronics, she doesn't minf it. But I do know she'd love her own narrow-tubes gym, though she thinks she's too sophisticated for that...Ah, you want to go there?"
Lucilla carried the cat there. "Do you want me to brush you all over? You look like you need it!" She wagged her tail.
--------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Agrippina. Right. Not Amadora. She had the... Darker... Fur...Somewhe-aaanyway, what sort of meat do you wolves want on your pizza?" Frances changes the subject abruptly, still having no clue which wolf is which.
"No, Amadora is the one with the white fur. And any meat will do as long as there's a lot of it. Make the XXX-large pizzas. With meat inside the crust."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"W-well, I don't really have enough experience to h-have a favorite trick," Will answered, "especially any beginner ones. Chris was t-talking about some water escape stuff that sounded neat, and I think I'd be g-good at, but I doubt that stuff is beginner level."