HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by Buster »

"I'm not used to being outside my own jurisdiction." He grumbles, pausing before adding "Or not having a jurisdiction."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Then how dew I stawp it?" Moon asked, grabbing her tail.
Lucilla turned her head and rump so that she could look at her own wagging tail. "Why stop it? It's cute. Hug her, don't bite her. And she'll love you back!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Reely? Will she bee mai fwend?" Moon asked, also looking at Lucilla's tail.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Of course, silly! Here, hug mine!" and she wagged hers at Moon's snout
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Moon giggled and hugged Lucilla's tail tight. "Iss reely sawft." she said, nuzzling it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Albert stepped forward and rested a paw Bowser's shoulder, whispered something encouraging in his ear, then stepped back.

"Barracks are that way," he said with a kind smile, "And look around all you like, there's not much to see. Large building in the center is our main food storage. The small round like one beyond that is our bath house. The large lake front structure is our royal's palace, though they aren't accepting visitors today. Beyond that is the fields, if you feel like work. Though if your nice enough, the bath ladies may indulge you. Plus there's the lake. Though I'd advise swimming on the other side though, the lake front it resides on is considered royal grounds."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch's phone buzzed, and he happily ignored it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Easy lass, our village is just up ahead," Michael said to Chris as they passed by the chapel.
Last edited by xhunterko on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure, Will." Derek provides the errmine with a glass of water and then leads the pair into the lounge room where the lounge suite is still wrapped in the plastic sheeting that protected it in the move.
"Feel free ta make yerselves comfy-like. Are yers warm enough? I can put th' heater on if yers are cold after dat dunkin yers got. An' it's Derek, not Sir. I don't 'ave da honour of an OBE yet." Derek pulls the plastic off an arm-chair and seats himself.
"Sorry 'bout da mess. I'm still unpackin'. So... 'Ow's it goin'? 'Ad a good day wiv Chris? I 'ope she was well be'aved." Derek grins, making it clear that this hope is just a joke.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"The temperature d-doesn't bother me at all, si--er, Derek. If Blay w-wants the heater on, though, that's fine." Will took a small sip of his water, before he thought back to what the Chris' dad had said. "Um... w-what's an OBE?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch's phone buzzed again. He was bout nearly ready to throw it out the window. He sighed inwardly....
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:Albert stepped forward and rested a paw Bowser's shoulder, whispered something encouraging in his ear, then stepped back.

"Barracks are that way," he said with a kind smile, "And look around all you like, there's not much to see. Large building in the center is our main food storage. The small round like one beyond that is our bath house. The large lake front structure is our royal's palace, though they aren't accepting visitors today. Beyond that is the fields, if you feel like work. Though if your nice enough, the bath ladies may indulge you. Plus there's the lake. Though I'd advise swimming on the other side though, the lake front it resides on is considered royal grounds."
"There may not be much to see, but there are still friends to be made," Jess explained. "And that's always a ood enough reason to explore... of course if you'd rather do something else," she added, looking towards Albert.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch's phone buzzed again. He was bout nearly ready to throw it out the window. He sighed inwardly....
"You know," Rikki said, nuzzling against him. "I could give that thing to Bel. He loves to chew on hard objects."
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "There may not be much to see, but there are still friends to be made," Jess explained. "And that's always a ood enough reason to explore... of course if you'd rather do something else," she added, looking towards Albert.
"I love exploring, so why would I want to do anything else?" Albert skipped around the nearest corner. 'Are you coming?' He shouted back.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:Ah, to be young," Elio said with a sigh and a shake of his head.
"The way you say that makes me think you might just have some stories you could tell, Elio. Would you mind telling some? I might even be able to get some inspiration for a new book - with your permission, of course."
Scotty looks around the room and taps his paw on his armrest, not entirely sure what to do with himself now. His eye falls on his new puzzle still in its box on the coffee table and he wheels himself to it and picks it up, reading the information on the box with interest.

--------------------
"Order o' da Bri'ish Empire. OBE. It's what 'er Majesty gives ya when she makes ya a knight. 'Coz only knights are really Sirs." Derek explains. "So yers are bofe okay den? Not gonna get pneumonia or nuffink?" After assuring himself that the pair are okay, Derek makes himself comfortable on the couch.
"I'm glad Chris made friends so fast. So... Are youse guys from around 'ere? Or are youse new too?"

--------------------
"Yer village? But I fought we was goin' ta da middle o' da woods, not forcin' 'im into da village..." Chris sounds confused.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh but, then, how will I text you 'I love you' every day?" Mitch said, after reading her the message on his phone.

"Sigh, this evening's ceremony is not going to be fun," Mitch said, thinking about it for a moment, "And yet, somehow I KNEW he'd do something like this."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone didn't listen. Michael thought.

"Lass, did I not say we have to present an offer to him to live in our village first? Before letting him out to the woods?" He said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh but, then, how will I text you 'I love you' every day?" Mitch said, after reading her the message on his phone.
"Sigh, this evening's ceremony is not going to be fun," Mitch said, thinking about it for a moment, "And yet, somehow I KNEW he'd do something like this."
Now Rikki was puzzled. True, she *had* painted this wedding thing with generous layers of pink glass...but she was no Sansa Stark, she knew it wouldn't be perfect.
But Mitch's reaction had almost her worried. "Care to share this with me? Least I break some protocol and ruin everything?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"The way you say that makes me think you might just have some stories you could tell, Elio. Would you mind telling some? I might even be able to get some inspiration for a new book - with your permission, of course."
The Italian man nodded. "Oh, I'll be too glad to tell you some stories, figliola. Ours was quite the adventurous relationship, what with the war and all the rest."
Cinzia sighed, rolling her eyes. "There, cara mia: You just watch out, or he'll chat your ears off."
Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty looks around the room and taps his paw on his armrest, not entirely sure what to do with himself now. His eye falls on his new puzzle still in its box on the coffee table and he wheels himself to it and picks it up, reading the information on the box with interest.
It was then that Lucilla walked to him, dragging the cat who was still hugging her tail. "Aw, you look all alone. Can I help you?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Honestly love, you act as if everything is as dangerous as the 'officer's gauntlet'. Still, we should probably shower and eat before the ceremony," Mitch said, getting up, stretching, then gently picking up Rikki and holding her like a baby, and heading towards the door.

"Still, it's just a memorial service, like the ones you have for your veterans," he said, opening the door and heading down the hall, "All the main lights go out. There's an evening fast until dusk. Then we put on sheets or robes, covering ourselves as much as possible. Then we line up, and walk through the village streets. Thinking of those loved ones we lost. Mostly in silence. Sometimes there's mutterings, maybe songs, some even wail out the names of the lost, as if calling for them, sigh. Then if there's water nearby, we send candles down stream or across the water, wait a few minutes in silence. Then the shaman dismisses us all and we're allowed to eat again. So I'd rather eat something now then later...."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hehe, I don't mind, Mama. Authors love hearing stories. Tell me all you want, Elio. Would you mind if I took notes?" the author holds up a small notebook and pen as she talks.
"You know, Scotty likes stories. Perhaps he could listen in?"

--------------------
Scotty looks up at the wolf and smiles before shrugging and giving a thumbs up and an "okay" sign. He knows she can't read so without his tablet he can't really talk to her.

--------------------
"Ah. It has to be in da village? Okay..." Finally giving up all hope of negotiation, the spaniel, looking slightly crestfallen, follows the pandas quietly, unsure what, if anything, to say now.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch looked at her with a raised eyebrow.
"Honestly love, you act as if everything is as dangerous as the 'officer's gauntlet'. Still, we should probably shower and eat before the ceremony," Mitch said, getting up, stretching, then gently picking up Rikki and holding her like a baby, and heading towards the door.
"Still, it's just a memorial service, like the ones you have for your veterans," he said, opening the door and heading down the hall, "All the main lights go out. There's an evening fast until dusk. Then we put on sheets or robes, covering ourselves as much as possible. Then we line up, and walk through the village streets. Thinking of those loved ones we lost. Mostly in silence. Sometimes there's mutterings, maybe songs, some even wail out the names of the lost, as if calling for them, sigh. Then if there's water nearby, we send candles down stream or across the water, wait a few minutes in silence. Then the shaman dismisses us all and we're allowed to eat again. So I'd rather eat something now then later...."
Rikki shrugged. "Sure. But I can see why you find that rather...uninteresting. You guys are such a colorful and lively bunch. It shows you didn't grow in my country: In Italy it's just normal to spend hours and hourse in a collective display of mourning, when we 'celebrate' the dead. And after listening endlessly to some trivialits from our priest, we get to light up the candles standing by an altar. In Mexico is so much more interesting. But you're right, we did spent some calories and I'm hungry as well." She stood up and offered her arm. "Now be a gentlefur and accompany me to the banquet, before the wolves leaves only the pans to lick clean."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hehe, I don't mind, Mama. Authors love hearing stories. Tell me all you want, Elio. Would you mind if I took notes?" the author holds up a small notebook and pen as she talks.
"You know, Scotty likes stories. Perhaps he could listen in?"
Elio was impressed she was already prepared. "Well...Ah," but he was not. "Ah, what can I say? I was born in Rome, but, ah, because my mother's family lived there and every summer she was supposed to go there. My father wasn't happy about that arrangement, he lived at Acquasanta Terme, a renowned place for...what do you Americans call them today? Oh, yes, spa, or someting like that. Anyway, I was born in Rome but I was brought back home to be baptized there and registered at the civil registry. Is that the right name?
"Father owned this spa, a very traditional and ancient structure. Too ancient, truth be told: His family had always made a lot of money thanks to it, but always postponed the renovations. They were very attached to traditions, you know. And so, my father ended up with less and less new customers, while they went to the other, newest structures. He knew he had to make a lot of debts so to pay for the works, but refused to ask for help to his wife's family. He was the only son of his parents, and though they were dead, he could've used their names to ask for a mortgage, but he refused to do that as well: His father had never asked for help from a bank, and had taught well that lesson to his son.
"Eventually, father found the support of man friends of his family, but at the condition they became partners and share the future incomes while now he had nothing else to offer but expenses.
"Now, this is important because it wasn't a quick job, and it took even more money than estimated. It was a miracle, in fact that the structure was still standing, and when they all discovered it, it was too late to back up. Is that the right phrase?
"As I was saying, this is important because we also lived there as a family. And mother had it easy in convincing my father to bring me back to Rome while he took care of family business.
"Now, I was born a few years before Fascism went to power. And when it happened, I was added the name 'Benito' to my own. My father was furious, but mother's family was a strong supporter of the Duce. That, and the fact that father couldn't fight against that decision without passing for a Communist or something. And from then on, I started growing up in the ranks of the regime, further separated from father, who was becoming poorer by the day..."
Elio yawned. "Sorry about that. I think I need a coffee. How was that for a starter?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I-i'm pretty sure I'll b-be okay. I've been c-colder." Will gave a small nod to corroborate this. Then he continued, "I've a-actually lived here awhile. I live w-with my Dad Sam, his Dad, and Uncle Paige. P-paige is usually out and about too, b-but he's at... um..." He had to give this a little bit of thought, letting out a soft 'hm'ing sound. "...s-some sort of space camp thing, i-if I remember right."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

HoundInATree wrote:"I love exploring, so why would I want to do anything else?" Albert skipped around the nearest corner. 'Are you coming?' He shouted back.
"right behind you,: Jess called back. "Enjoy your time at the barracks, Bowser."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Moon stopped hugging Lucilla's tail and bounced around Scotty. "Wud yu lyk tu play?" she asked, bouncing next to him.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:Moon stopped hugging Lucilla's tail and bounced around Scotty. "Wud yu lyk tu play?" she asked, bouncing next to him.
"He can't communicate right now, silly," Lucilla said to the cat. Then she showed the friendliest grin at Scotty, though it was hard to say how much of it was...predatory. "But I'm sure he'd love us to help him with that thing on his lap, right?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

valerio wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:Moon stopped hugging Lucilla's tail and bounced around Scotty. "Wud yu lyk tu play?" she asked, bouncing next to him.
"He can't communicate right now, silly," Lucilla said to the cat. Then she showed the friendliest grin at Scotty, though it was hard to say how much of it was...predatory. "But I'm sure he'd love us to help him with that thing on his lap, right?"
"Wut iz a commoonikat?" Moon asked, tilting her head in confusion at the new word.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch took her paw and lifted her up, headed for the door.

"After, of course, we shower," he said, "Besides, I'm sure mama would make us something fresh if we asked."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Exotic location, history, family drama, money troubles, Il Duce, I love it. I think it's a darn good start and I'm intrigued to learn more!" Frances enthuses. "So where's this Acqua... Acquasanta Terme? Is it near Rome?" Frances queries, reading her notes.

-------------------
valerio wrote:"He can't communicate right now, silly," Lucilla said to the cat. Then she showed the friendliest grin at Scotty, though it was hard to say how much of it was...predatory. "But I'm sure he'd love us to help him with that thing on his lap, right?"
Scotty glances at his puzzle and then looks back at Lucilla and shakes his head with a smile before pointing to himself. He doesn't bother trying to answer Moon, knowing he has no way of so doing.

--------------------
"You sure about dat, Will? It sounds like yer shiverin' so much yer stammerin'." Derek observes mistakenly. "Space camp sounds like fun dough. Where's 'e doin dat?"

--------------------
Lost in her thoughts, Chris isn't paying too much attention to where she's going and she trips on a root and crashes into Michael.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Exotic location, history, family drama, money troubles, Il Duce, I love it. I think it's a darn good start and I'm intrigued to learn more!" Frances enthuses. "So where's this Acqua... Acquasanta Terme? Is it near Rome?" Frances queries, reading her notes.
"I'll go get some coffee. I think you'll need some, too, cara," she added to Frances' benefit. She turned to go to the kitchen and-- "Ops, scusa,"she said to Caesar, almost bumping into him.
The wolf leader and allhis pack had sat down around the couch, listening intently, ears erect and tail swishing lightly.
"Tell us more, human," Amadora said.
Elio thought that his old friends would have gone crazy, had they known that ol' Elio had just become a storyteller to a wolf pack! The human scratched his head, pondering about Frances' question.
"Ah, Acquasanta Terme is a...district in the Marche. Though not near to Rome at all, at a certain point it was connected to the capital through the so-called 'Via Salaria', or the 'Salt Road'. In fact, the ancient Romans used that road to move the salt through the Empire. Salt was a very precious commodity back then.
"Acquasanta is characterized by its natural, sulfurous springs. It is said that there were settlements dating back to prehistory, but it was the Romans who started building their thermal baths. Even Emperor Charles the Great visited it on hiw way to crowning.
"During the centuries, the whole area, though, as often happens in my country, was object of political fights, banditry, epidemics, and wars small and great. But a few families kept prospering thanks to their own baths. My family, for example, had actually recruited mercenaries to keep peace on their property. At a certain point, the brigands would steal our food to sell it to our competitors and then do the same trick with their own food...Oh, and came the 1918. World War I was just over and my family lost two good young souls. My granduncles, my grandfather's younger brothers, who had made it through the war with the Austrians, but were claimed by the Spanish Flu which was ravaging the whole world. My father was thus destined to inherit everything, and to prove he was worth the task he was called to, he worked the hardest. He loved his baths, but his duty to the family always came first...But I'm rambling, silly old me. What was I saying?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Y-yes, I'm sure." Will nods politely, realizing what the adult had noticed. Then his paw went to his chin, and he scratched it in thought. "I'm n-not exactly sure where it w-was at, to be honest. I'll h-have to ask him when he gets b-back."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

It was almost like watching dominoes fall. Michael was a bit taken off guard, who tripped fell into the red panda in front of him. Who shoved the litter forward, which shoved into the red panda in front of it. Who was pushed into the red panda in front of him. Dropping the litter on the soft forest floor. The front guard panda's crossbow fired off, and the bolt flew right into the guard tower, right on the right side of the window. Startling the guard in the tower causing him to yelp! After getting up, Michael immediately turned around to Chris and helped her up.

"Are you all right miss?" He asked worryingly. The other pandas checked on their charge to make sure he was alright. Although, they thought, he should be coming around now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch silently plodded through the hall with Rikki in hand thinking many things on the way to the bathroom. One of which he was quite certain that needed to be mentioned. Mitch led them through the bathroom door and took off their collars, setting them on the sink.

"Say, Rikki," he said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch silently plodded through the hall with Rikki in hand thinking many things on the way to the bathroom. One of which he was quite certain that needed to be mentioned. Mitch led them through the bathroom door and took off their collars, setting them on the sink.
"Say, Rikki," he said.
"Tell me, my prince."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Um, well..." he said.

Afterwards.

"Although, I just realized," Mitch said, "I've no idea how to turn this thing on."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry 'bout dat. Are youse guys all okay? Is Meeko okay? I'm really sorry. Stupid root." The canine brushes a leaf off Michael's uniform. "I 'ope youse are all right. I'm sorry."

--------------------
"Heh, okay. No pressure." A few seconds pass, the silence broken only by the ticking of the clock on the mantelpiece. It's a beautiful clock, ornately carved of dark wood into a depiction of two weasels playfully chasing each other around the white face which is slightly yellowed with age that's decorated simply with Roman numerals and topped by a simple pair of ebony hands behind a convex glass cover. This clock is Derek's pride and joy and the human opens his mouth to speak again but the clock chimes quietly with a descending peal of notes, marking the quarter hour with the nostalgic tinkle of the Westminister Chimes. Derek smiles as he listens to this tone. His days and nights just wouldn't be the same without the familiar song of this magnificent timepiece.
"Beautiful, innit? I do love dat sound. Dat clock 'as been in my family fer five generations. It's very special ta me. Are youse guys in't'rested in horology at all?"

--------------------
"You were giving us background about the time period and value of the baths as well as your family history and you were going to tell us if nad how your father saved them." Frances reminds Elio, reading from her notes. By this time, Scotty has set aside his puzzle and rejoined the group, parking his chair just behind his owner's seat at the table so he can hear the story.
"Already you depict your father as a brave man of strong character. I should like to have met him. But please, do continue the story." Scotty writes on his pad, holding it up for Elio's perusal, using an archaic way of speaking just for the heck of it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko couldn't tell if he was awake or not, or even if the stuff he wasn't sure was happening was happening in a dream or around him. He could even tell want was around him to make that decision in the first place, or even if he could move since he didn't have any feeling anywhere. He was pretty sure he was awake, otherwise he wouldn't have been thinking all this stuff, or maybe it was still his dream. He wasn't even sure if he was doing that either, though he was sure if he was it was not pleasant, or maybe the situation he was in wasn't pleasant. In the end he didn't want to think about it because now it was leading in him in circles from what he could tell, or maybe not.

He tried to move but found that he could not, which increased the sense of unpleasantness he was feeling. He had never felt like this before, being able to almost make stuff out without knowing what it was or being able to do anything about it. He tried to say something, to what he was unsure, since he was still in two, maybe three, places at once. He was pretty sure he muttered, it was probably more likely a murmur of noise. At least he felt some strong and almost painful tingling in his paws too now.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Um, well..." he said.
Afterwards.
"Although, I just realized," Mitch said, "I've no idea how to turn this thing on."
Rikki went to a display that had been installed so that a pet could easily reach it. "See this square button? This is for the classic shower. Trouble is, since we animals are covered in fur head to toe, it would take too much water just to soak us well enough in a short time, and rinse us when soaped. So Dad and Mom had this installed." She pressed a button...and streams came from all the directions! Soon, steam was coming from the cabin. "See? Wanna step inside, with me, my love?" She asked, taking him by the hand...
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"You were giving us background about the time period and value of the baths as well as your family history and you were going to tell us if nad how your father saved them." Frances reminds Elio, reading from her notes. By this time, Scotty has set aside his puzzle and rejoined the group, parking his chair just behind his owner's seat at the table so he can hear the story.
"Already you depict your father as a brave man of strong character. I should like to have met him. But please, do continue the story." Scotty writes on his pad, holding it up for Elio's perusal, using an archaic way of speaking just for the heck of it.
Elio nodded. "Good.
"So, I grew up in a school that by now had assumed a paramilitar connotation. We were divided by sexes and each sex in its own ranks: for the males, 'Son of the She-Wolf' up to 8 years old, then Balilla up to 10, Musketeer Balilla up to 13 and finally 'Vanguard' until 18. Discipline was a very serious business, all work and no fun, that much I remember. Sometimes ol' people like me think that discipline helpes us keep our head on our shoulders, but it wasn't like that. Not only our interests, but our friends and families as well would come after the Regime's necessities. When my father wasn't working at his baths, he couldn't spend some time with me because I was raised in state structures as per will of my mother.
"The only real good thing the Duce did for us was to pay a visit to our baths, in the '30s: His job was starting to take his toll on him, and he needed somewhere to relax far from the adoring crowds and limiting his exposure to some pictures for the propaganda office. he really loved our family place, and of course that brought there many representatives of the Regime together with their families and friends. At last, business was prospering, and mother was ecstatic. And I, too, was object of admiration: I had an autographed picture of me with the Duce, and the girls were lining up to ask me questions and asking for dates to go see HIM during his short vacations..."
He smiled, but then it turned into a sad expression...
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I don't think I've h-heard that word before," the mink admitted. However, Uncle Paige had taught him a bit about taking words apart, and comparing there pieces to words he did know, to find their meaning. Let's see... Horology... Horo-... Horoscope? So, the study of the star- wait, no, that's Astrology... wait, Horoscopes are based on when you're born, right? So... "I-is that the study of time?" Even as he said it, he felt silly thinking it through. Derek had just been talking about a clock, and he doubted he would be talking about the study of woodwork.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Yeah Will, I think you're right." Blay said after thinking for a moment. "Mr. Martin, I've never really thought about horology, have you studied in it?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: I THINK this isn't taking control of characters? I thought, well, what are they seeing? Right?

As Jess and Albert rounded the corner it became apparent that while most everyone was busy, most everyone was friendly and wave hello. There was a lot of cleaning going on as well. Mostly on the lower sections of the the buildings. Tree houses had spiral staircases going up them. There was a smell like a busy campsite. But mostly there was a feel of a tight community.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch climbed in the shower with Rikki, giving her a firm hug.

"How can I say no to a goddess?" He asked, the he let go. His wet fur matting down and conforming to his body. His tail looking shrunk and silly! He looked to the shelves.

"Now, uh, where's your pet stuff?" He asked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh we're fine, a little tumble won't hurt us after all!" Michael says to Chris. Than he looks over to monitor their captive. The stretcher was already set back up and two of the other guards were gently lifting Meeko back on it.

"Should be up in a bit," he said, "Are you sure you're all right?"
Last edited by xhunterko on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch climbed in the shower with Rikki, giving her a firm hug.
"How can I say no to a goddess?" He asked, the he let go. His wet fur matting down and conforming to his body. His tail looking shrunk and silly! He looked to the shelves.
"Now, uh, where's your pet stuff?" He asked.
Rikki grabbed a 'button' sticking out the wall...and drew out a drawer, filled with everything to lather and scrub. The draeer's bottom was designed like a net so to allow water to run freely. "Here it is." She took a bottle of shampoo and gave it to Mitch. "Valiant says this is sort of universal, shouldn't ruin your fur. So, if you'd like, my prince..." and she turned, offering her back to him, after giving him a cute, mischievous smile.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah." Chris answers, shifting her weight as the adrenaline wears off. "I'm su- Ow! No. Dat's not right!" she yelps, sitting suddenly and clutching her ankle.
"I fink it's sprained. Ow. I 'ope it's just a bruise or somefink but it doesn't feel like it... I wonder why I ain't felt it 'till now... Me toes are workin' still so it's not broken. Dat's good, at least. Ow."

--------------------
"Yeah, it's da study o' time and o' time-pieces. I am int'rested in clocks but I've never 'ad a formal trainin' in it. I'm an accountant by trade, believe it or not, bu' I do a bit o' magic on da side. I s'pose youse guys 'ave already seen a few tricks from Chris, right?"

--------------------
"I can't imagine growing up in a militaristic setting. How did that impact you?" Frances asks quietly, almost hesitant to break the silence.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I can't imagine growing up in a militaristic setting. How did that impact you?" Frances asks quietly, almost hesitant to break the silence.
"Well, when I was a kid, growing up with all the shiny part of our culture, the songs, the...playing grown-up -it was fun. And while I grew older, Italy would conquer lands, fought wars in faraway, exotic countries. I was enthusiast and proud when our Empire in Africa became a reality, and couldn't wait to join the older camerati in a war to defend our new borders. To us, Fascism was a winning regime, the chance to shine in the world, back when war and conquest were the measure of political pride.
"In 1938, though, my certainties started to crumble. After Hitler's visit to Italy, il Duce had introduced the racial laws. Like in Germany, our Jews' rights were eroded until they had to leave our country or risk prison.
"My father lost half of his partners who helped him renowing the baths. And the baths lost an important part of their staff. Yes, the regime provided new staff, racially correct, but father never got along with them. They were inexperienced, and they had to fill vacant positions all of a sudden. And the money the State gave him to cover for the financial loss wasn't nearly enough to keep the baths running. And thus started my family's decline...though even in those dark times I found my joy. In fact, it was then that I met my Cinzia. And of all people, she was among the new staff the regime had imposed on us. ironic, eh?"
Elio chuckled.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Yeah, it's da study o' time and o' time-pieces. I am int'rested in clocks but I've never 'ad a formal trainin' in it. I'm an accountant by trade, believe it or not, bu' I do a bit o' magic on da side. I s'pose youse guys 'ave already seen a few tricks from Chris, right?"
"Yeah, she can do some pretty cool stuff. You must be able to do some pretty awesome stuff too." Blay said.