HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by xhunterko »

"Thank you Lance," Benjamin said and bowed his head, the other pandas did as well. He then nodded to the guards at the back.

"And now we will fetch my son, in the mean time, Lance, you may help yourself to our meat stores in the hut next to the bath house if your getting hungry, since it's nearing lunch, I'll not hear of you eating lunch any where else, you are free to go," Benjamin said, "As far as you humans though. You need anything? Is venison okay with you?" The last part of his voice was nothing but concern.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"We are allowed to eat meat coming from those who our kind raised for generations for this purpose. We shall never feed ourselves off wild game, though," Brother Francis answered.
---
I'm sorry for not being the best conversationalist, Mitch, but..." Rikki blushed. "In my line of job, the less you opened yourself with anyone outside the police, the better. Loose tongues would cost lives, literally. Guess I must get used to being...with you."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Good thing we have fish then," Benjamin said, "That's all right right?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch nodded.

"Understandable, we're just now learning to talk freely amongst ourselves," Mitch said, "In the organization's dungeons, talk, well, was almost impossible. Speaking of talk. We talk to our ancestral spirits here. This is our prayer tower, by the way. Or going to be."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Fish is just fine," Lazarus nodded. "As long as the number of the creatures of seas and rivers is not depleted, we have no quailms against this meat. We gladly accept your offer, chieftain." he bowed his head.
---
"I can't wait to see one of your ceremonies," Rikki said, looking at the tower. "You know, church functions are so boring, but when it comes to celebrating the saints, Italian people can be so merry and colorful, festivities may last all day long, and there are foods, dances, music..." her eyes went dreamy at the memories. "Even our enemies would cease their ill-doing and become quite generous during the celebrations, back where I lived.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Mikey was a smart dog. Sure he acted like a fool sometimes, but there was a lot going on in that head of his. Still, to see ferals not only living in a village but actively building and maintaining it the dog could only think of one thing to say.

“Wicked.”

The dalmatian stood with wide-eyed wonder, his muzzle slightly ajar as he looked from the village to the two pandas next to him and back, as if to say “is this really where you guys live”.
---------------------------
Tara tried to hold in a laugh at Paige's impression which left her with puffed out cheeks while her eyes started to water. Oh, this cat was going to be fun indeed. The female managed to regain her composure just in time to look over at the timid pet Paige was pointing out.

“The poor thing doesn't look too bad. After all, he seems to be doing alright at least talking to.... a bear and a wolf?”

Tara's train of thought paused as she spoke those words. After all it seemed that for a pet who was supposed to be so timid the mink appeared to be making some powerful allies.
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Don't forget the tower is only half complete and not being worked on. Speaking of Borues, Pecan, if you wouldn't mind having Will walk him over to Paige?

"Heh, that's pretty much how our's is," Mitch said, "Dancing and drinking all day long! Although, no drinking for the youngsters and not much drinking this year. Yes, drinking, heh. And it's the kind that knocks you out to sleep then the kind that makes you delirious and do strange things. We water down our sake'."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benjamin sighed in relief.

"Nora dear if you will..." he said, turning to his mate. She nodded and went down the tower, to the bath house to fetch the ladies, then to the meat house, then back up. Venison for the tribe, cedar smoked fish for the humans. The ladies and Nora passed food to those at the table on plates.

"And you needn't worry," Benjamin said, "We have always been careful about how we treat the land. Our ancestors would get angry if we didn't. Sorry we have no ware to use."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cello and Zhang nodded.

"I wonder what those two are up to?" Cello said, pointing to Mitch and Rikki.

"Oh probably nothing, come on let's say hi," Zhang said, running to them and waving for Mikey and Cello to follow. Cello rolled her eyes and ran after him.

"Come on!" She said back to Mikey.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Heh, that's pretty much how our's is," Mitch said, "Dancing and drinking all day long! Although, no drinking for the youngsters and not much drinking this year. Yes, drinking, heh. And it's the kind that knocks you out to sleep then the kind that makes you delirious and do strange things. We water down our sake'."
"Heh, you guys haven't tasted the Sicilian Grappa then! First it makes you do the strangest things, then knocks you out for good. We called that particular variety, l'Acqua del Santo, because it inspired holy visions. Or so they say."
xhunterko wrote:Benjamin sighed in relief.
"Nora dear if you will..." he said, turning to his mate. She nodded and went down the tower, to the bath house to fetch the ladies, then to the meat house, then back up. Venison for the tribe, cedar smoked fish for the humans. The ladies and Nora passed food to those at the table on plates.
"And you needn't worry," Benjamin said, "We have always been careful about how we treat the land. Our ancestors would get angry if we didn't. Sorry we have no ware to use."
Lazarus extended his claws. "Worry not. Our Lord gave us these to do the work."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Before digging in, Benjamin lifted his paws in the air in a v.

"Father, if you will?" He asked, then he bowed his head. As did the other pandas at the table.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Francis nodded to Lazarus. The cat clasped his paws and closed his eyes in a solemn expression. "Lord, thou art in Heaven together with the blessed souls of our many, many brothers and sisters, please bless this food, bless this moment of peace, bless these people who had lived through hard times and seek peace in the bosom of thy land. They come here in peace. Give them your home just as you gave them the chance to save it. Let this day be the first of many and that the number of our brethren may grow to everyone's benefit. Amen."
"Amen," Francis added.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

xhunterko wrote:ooc:Speaking of Borues, Pecan, if you wouldn't mind having Will walk him over to Paige?
(Is Belisarius is still with us, Val? He can walk with us, if he wants.)
Will looked over at Paige again, and nodded. "O-okay. I'll take you to him. F-follow me." He started walking towards his Uncle, still shivering slightly.
------------------------------------------
zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Tara tried to hold in a laugh at Paige's impression which left her with puffed out cheeks while her eyes started to water. Oh, this cat was going to be fun indeed. The female managed to regain her composure just in time to look over at the timid pet Paige was pointing out.

“The poor thing doesn't look too bad. After all, he seems to be doing alright at least talking to.... a bear and a wolf?”

Tara's train of thought paused as she spoke those words. After all it seemed that for a pet who was supposed to be so timid the mink appeared to be making some powerful allies.
Paige looked on as Will continued to talk with the bigger animals. "Yeah, I'm proud of him. When I first met him, he wouldn't even come outside, and now he's talking to animals three times his size. He really has come a long way."

He tilted his head as Will started to come towards them. "Looks like he's coming over here, actually. I can introduce you, if you want."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
zephyrtobiaswolf

It was true that Mikey had lived a very sheltered life before meeting Tara and being adopted by Jason and Shaun, but the dalmatian was beginning to learn the truth about what his sister was always telling him. While there might be bad in the world, the universe was still filled with wondrous things. The dog was so busy looking around he nearly missed Cello's words. In fact, Mikey's muzzle had hung open for so long that faint strains of music could be heard pouring out of it.

"Huh? Oh, um... right."

Mikey chased after the two pandas, not quite sure how much more excitement there could be found but certainly willing to find out.
--------------------------------------
Tara couldn't help but stare as the other animals approached, the feline quickly stifling the instinctual fear of the approaching bear. After all the animal seemed friendly enough, and what type of performer would she be if she didn't present her best face to all audiences.

"I would love an introduction sugga. Thank you for being so kind."

Tara gave Paige a sweet smile, her tail flicking towards his own. Turning towards the group Tara put on her best smile for the approaching animals, hoping to make a good first impression.
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:"Thank you Lance," Benjamin said and bowed his head, the other pandas did as well. He then nodded to the guards at the back.

"And now we will fetch my son, in the mean time, Lance, you may help yourself to our meat stores in the hut next to the bath house if your getting hungry, since it's nearing lunch, I'll not hear of you eating lunch any where else, you are free to go," Benjamin said, "As far as you humans though. You need anything? Is venison okay with you?" The last part of his voice was nothing but concern.
Lance bowed slightly and started heading for the hut "Thank you, I am getting pretty hungry." He entered the hut and took a wiff of the meat inside, his stomach grumbling and his mouth beginning to water a bit. Alright where to start? he thought to himself as he licked his muzzle.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The two pandas caught up to Mitch and Rikki.

"Hey guys!" Mitch said, greeting the two.

"Well hello hello there handsome," Cello said to Mitch, "Doesn't he look dashing in those?" The last bit she said to Rikki. Mitch rolled his eyes.

Zhang rolled his eyes.

"Hey Mitch, we brought a new guy in town, thought you might like to say hello," Zhang said, thumbing at Mikey.

Mitch nodded.

"Hey there, my name is Mitch, and this is my girlfriend Rikki," he said to Mikey when he got there, "What's yours?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues silently walked up to the pair of cats with a smile.
"There's some dried things in the back too if you like your food that a way," Aunt Alma said to Lance from behind. Various bits of meat in various stages of preparation hung from the ceiling, mostly towards the walls though. With a fire pit in the back of the house. Barrels and boxes were on the back wall partially filled with done and smoked food.

"Oh, thank ye, by the way," she said.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Although Mikey ran after Cello and Zhang, he slowed as he approached these two new individuals. It was their clothes. He hadn't noticed them from a distance, but now that he was close to them the pair's garments sparked an almost instinctual change in the dalmatian. Gone was the excited, bright eyed and somewhat clumsy dog who freely chased the pandas in front of him. Instead what followed was a surly looking male with a dark gaze who crossed his paws over his chest as he stopped behind Cello and Zhang.

“Name's Mikey. Sup?”

The dog seemed to be biting out the few words he said, and his scent would convey an annoyance towards the panda and ferret. But under that there would be something deeper, something akin to... fear?

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:The two pandas caught up to Mitch and Rikki.
"Hey guys!" Mitch said, greeting the two.
"Well hello hello there handsome," Cello said to Mitch, "Doesn't he look dashing in those?" The last bit she said to Rikki. Mitch rolled his eyes.
Zhang rolled his eyes.
"Hey Mitch, we brought a new guy in town, thought you might like to say hello," Zhang said, thumbing at Mikey.
Mitch nodded.
"Hey there, my name is Mitch, and this is my girlfriend Rikki," he said to Mikey when he got there, "What's yours?"
Before the canine could answer, Rikki's eyes lit up. "A dalmatian! Ohh, you look just like Visconte!"
---
Belisarius addressed Borues. "Perhaps you can help me, since you know this territory better than I: I detected a strange smell, something associated with the gunpowder humans use for their weapons. Only...I can't place it properly, the traces are too dispersed. Do you know any pet dealing with weapons?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch noticed him being a little, nervous?

"Eh, don't worry about us, we don't bite," Mitch said, trying to ease the dog, "You new in town? What brings you out here?"
Borues tilted his head, then spoke, nodding.

"Pet no. But there was a stray cat here earlier that I was with last night before the fire," Borues said, "We barreled out of the pandas prison and he used explosives as a distraction. Said explosions caused fire. He calls himself Pain. Only now he's going by a disguise known as Dan Daring. Moron. Like he wouldn't think I couldn't smell him out."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Borues tilted his head, then spoke, nodding.
"Pet no. But there was a stray cat here earlier that I was with last night before the fire," Borues said, "We barreled out of the pandas prison and he used explosives as a distraction. Said explosions caused fire. He calls himself Pain. Only now he's going by a disguise known as Dan Daring. Moron. Like he wouldn't think I couldn't smell him out."
At those words, Belisarius' normally gentle eyes hardened. "Then Valiant and Lance must be warned: The enemy must pay for his crimes. Do you know where this creature is?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Currently I do not. However he is in MY forest," Borues said, then looked at him with a grin, "He will not stay hidden for long."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

As he walked towards his uncle, the others in tow, Will listened to there conversation quietly... until Borues brought up Dan. "D-dan?" he questioned, fear showing on his face. "Th-there was a p-pet named Dan e-earlier, when P-paige and I g-got to th-the park..." here the mink gulped audibly, "A-are you s-saying he started th-the fire?"

He stopped as he came up to the two cats. "O-oh, um, this is Paige, m-my uncle."

Paige gave a wave as Will introduced him. "Hello there! Like Will said, my name is Paige." He held his paw out towards his new friend. "This young lady is Tara, she just moved in, and we were just conversing." He moved his paw around, reaching out towards Belisarius and Borues. "It is a pleasure to meet you!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:As he walked towards his uncle, the others in tow, Will listened to there conversation quietly... until Borues brought up Dan. "D-dan?" he questioned, fear showing on his face. "Th-there was a p-pet named Dan e-earlier, when P-paige and I g-got to th-the park..." here the mink gulped audibly, "A-are you s-saying he started th-the fire?"
He stopped as he came up to the two cats. "O-oh, um, this is Paige, m-my uncle."
Paige gave a wave as Will introduced him. "Hello there! Like Will said, my name is Paige." He held his paw out towards his new friend. "This young lady is Tara, she just moved in, and we were just conversing." He moved his paw around, reaching out towards Belisarius and Borues. "It is a pleasure to meet you!"
Belisarius aknowledged Paige with a distracted nod. His attention was focused on Will. "Which direction did he go? I'll track him down."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Borues shook Paige's paw.

"And I am Borues, Lord and Master of these woods in which you are most welcome any time, and, as such," then Borues turned to Belisarius, "I will deal with the arsonist myself. No one starts a fire in my forest and gets away with it."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

valerio wrote:Belisarius aknowledged Paige with a distracted nod. His attention was focused on Will. "Which direction did he go? I'll track him down."
"I-i-i'm sorry, I d-don't remember... " Will looked towards the ground. "I-if I'd known..."
xhunterko wrote:Borues shook Paige's paw.

"And I am Borues, Lord and Master of these woods in which you are most welcome any time, and, as such," then Borues turned to Belisarius, "I will deal with the arsonist myself. No one starts a fire in my forest and gets away with it."
"Thank you for opening you your land to us," Paige responded. He was about to ask Will if he was okay, when Borues turned to the Wolf. As he listened, he let out a small gasp. Fire in the forest... did he mean the Village fire? That was arson? Paige shook his head. He didn't want to believe anyone one would want to cause that much irreparable damage, even if experience taught him otherwise.

"Are you positive it was arson?" the Australian Mist inquired. "Arson is defined as someone willingly setting a fire in order to cause damage; With how much was done, that is a huge accusation." While he understood how much was lost, if this was an accident, he felt he had to protect the one who caused it. 'After all,' he thought, remembering a certain bird of prey, 'That easily could have been me.'
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"His malicious actions caused a fire did it not? In my book, it holds up to arson, maybe not with the law, but in my forest, and my territory it is," Borues said, then he looked to Will, "Don't worry, he will be found in any case."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"But, do you know for sure his actions were malicious in nature?" Paige pressed. Then he shut his eyes in thought. He really didn't want to argue right now, not in front of Will... or Tara, for that matter. "I apologize. I'm sure you have evidence. Let's... talk about something else. Please."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Perhaps you are right, and I am being too harsh, forgive me," Borues said with a bow of the head, "So, when did you move in?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You are right, Paige, and I will restrain myself until evidence is collected."
zephyrtobiaswolf

~Arson…?~

Tara gave a wave and a smile as Paige introduced her, but she stayed quiet as the group debated arson and the reasons behind the fire. It seemed her family had moved to a very curious place indeed. Still Tara was concerned less about the cause of the fire and more about the results.

“Was anyone injured in the fire; perhaps my family could help…”
--------------------------
Mikey looked from Mitch to Rikki, his eyes still dark and unreadable. His emotions flickered between fear and curiosity, never settling, and slowly his paw raised to tap at the buttons on his collar. Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 2 began to play in his ears, snippets of the music spilling out into the air as Mikey opened his muzzle.

“My dads’ are opening a dance studio in town. They’re open to all who wish to learn.”

The dalmatian’s words still had a bit of bite to them, but the music was helping to soothe the harsh edges. These did not seem to be hoity-toity high class pets after all; perhaps he didn’t have to be on guard.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:~Arson…?~
Tara gave a wave and a smile as Paige introduced her, but she stayed quiet as the group debated arson and the reasons behind the fire. It seemed her family had moved to a very curious place indeed. Still Tara was concerned less about the cause of the fire and more about the results.
“Was anyone injured in the fire; perhaps my family could help…”
"You may help us by cooperating in tracking down the suspect. He should be questioned by authorities at least." Belisarius turned to Paige for approval.
zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Mikey looked from Mitch to Rikki, his eyes still dark and unreadable. His emotions flickered between fear and curiosity, never settling, and slowly his paw raised to tap at the buttons on his collar. Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 2 began to play in his ears, snippets of the music spilling out into the air as Mikey opened his muzzle.
“My dads’ are opening a dance studio in town. They’re open to all who wish to learn.”
The dalmatian’s words still had a bit of bite to them, but the music was helping to soothe the harsh edges. These did not seem to be hoity-toity high class pets after all; perhaps he didn’t have to be on guard.
This time, Rikki grinned. "Mikey bello, I think I have an excellent candidate!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The pet still seemed to be put off by something. Mitch was thinking what was it? He scratched the back of his neck.

"I honestly hate these things you know, much too formal," he said absentmindedly.
This time, Rikki grinned. "Mikey bello, I think I have an excellent candidate!"
Mitch looked at her with a puzzle?

"You suggesting to teach Bel dancing?" He asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The black ferret shook her head, an impish grin on her face. "Not Bel, amore."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch blinked. Then he put a hand on his hips.

"Oh, you don't think I can dance huh?" He said to the ferret with a grin.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I'm fine with that." Paige nodded. "Anyway, my family has actually lived here for quite awhile; I'd say Lance is the only one who's lived here longer. Dad had business somewhere, though, and we just got back today."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote: "There's some dried things in the back too if you like your food that a way," Aunt Alma said to Lance from behind. Various bits of meat in various stages of preparation hung from the ceiling, mostly towards the walls though. With a fire pit in the back of the house. Barrels and boxes were on the back wall partially filled with done and smoked food.

"Oh, thank ye, by the way," she said.
Lance jumped a bit from the sudden voice, turning around and looking at the source he smiled a small smile and nodded. "You're welcome, but for what exactly?" He asked
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch blinked. Then he put a hand on his hips.
"Oh, you don't think I can dance huh?" He said to the ferret with a grin.
Rikki chuckled. "Oh, I had never doubts about your dancing abilities. Guess again. Clue: he got a bionic arm."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Aye, for your help yesterday, we are all in your debt for helping out," Aunt Alma said to Lance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch giggled.

"Heh heh, say, speaking of dancing," Mitch said, taking her paw, "It's one of the things I'm supposed to teach you." Then he looked at Mikey.

"It's a community dance, so it's better with lots of people, want to learn?" He asked him.
zephyrtobiaswolf

~A bionic arm? I’ve got to see that~

Mikey gave a weak smile, his anxiety slowly draining away as he realized that his initial fear was unfounded. It was at times like this that Tara would force him into a bow to apologize for his bad behavior, but luckily his sister wasn’t around to see his discomfort. The dog’s tail managed a slight wag at the idea of being taught a new dance however.

“Sarebbe un onore per imparare,” Mikey said with a stage bow, although when he rose a sheepish smile was on his muzzle, a paw darting to scratch his neck under his collar.

“Sorry, my Italian is kinda rusty.”
“I don’t know how much help I can be finding your suspect sugga; after all my family just got here. I’ll keep an eye out though if you give me a description. Just know I don’t hold no truck by hanging a critter without a fair trial.”

Tara crossed her arms in front of her chest, but she seemed to approve of the idea of having whoever had harmed the forest and its inhabitants brought to justice. Her strong visage quickly deteriorated into curiosity as Paige spoke of his experience in the neighborhood.

“Ya know, one of ya’ll are gonna have to show a lady around this place sometime; it sounds too interesting not to know where everything is.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"All righty, it's rather simple and none too exotic, I think, so, I'll take Rikki's hand like this," Mitch said, and stepped a step away, holding her at arms length. Then he held out his to Mikey.

"Then you take mine," he said.

"And then I'll take your other hand," Cello said, taking Mikey's other paw.

"And I'll take Rikki's other free hand," Zhang said with a little bow.

"Like I said, better with more, eh?" Mitch said with a smile.
valerio

Post by valerio »

But by now, unfortunately, Rikki was all googoga over the dalmatian, if her heart-shaped eyes told enough. "Parli la mia lingua. My partner will SO be a student at your school, if you'll attend the lessons!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I honestly hope I don't have to take you on on one on one my new friend," Mitch said to Mikey, wearily noting Rikki's behavior. He shrugged.

Is she always like that? He thought to himself.

"Anyways, like I said the dance is simple and," Mitch was then interrupted by two pandas with crossbows and yellow neckerchiefs.

"And the Secrecy Council is ready to see you now," said one on the left. Mitch turned around in surprise.

"N-now?" He asked, nervous. Mitch groaned. Then he hugged Rikki and gave her a kiss.

"See you in a bit hon," he said to Rikki, then to Mikey, "Well, looks like I've been called to official business. See you in a little while. If not, come hang out sometime! Cello, Zhang, try not to abandon your posts this time. All right guys, let's go." Mitch said to the two guards. All in all, Mitch was very nervous. He hated meetings, especially secret ones. But he really didn't like looking nervous in front of people. He tried to keep his head up as he was walked to the chapel doors.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki absentmindedly waved at her boyfriend. To Mikey, she asked, "So, bello, what brings you and your family here?"