Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

DdeeStar

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:47 pm Heather calmly took another bite of her food. Not looking at Tigress, she spoke. "It was about three months ago. We found her hidden in a closet. She saw the whole thing." She took a drink, paused, then continued. "You abandoning your tribe was your own choice, and it was the right one for you. Your struggles with Keeping Mist safe? That very thing you're trying to keep from happening to him? Amy had it happen to her whole family right in front of her. Her family was taken from her, and I don't think she's fully come to terms with what happened. The fact she can even function is a miracle. There's no telling what would have happened if Rob hadn't adopted her."
Tigress scoffs angrily at the recruiter, leading Mist to silently stand and leave the table in one swift motion. As soon as that noise was her response he realized he'd need to apologize for her, and there was no point to making a further scene if he could avoid attention. His eyes were already watering, breath still shaky as his heart pounds in his chest. He didn't need more people getting involved. Manually, as he walks, he relaxes the clenched jaw and fists, focuses on stopping the tail's rapid twitches, pulls the familiar costume against him tightly... just walking back to the entrance as he tries to find the escaped Cornucopia.

"One, I never abandoned my tribe, they banished me. I hate this whole city, I just hate them more. Two, if all that happened to Mist I'd be able to die happy. She's safe. She's supported. She doesn't have to hide and be scared that being scared will cause things to explode and get you hunted like an animal!" Her voice never reaches a growl, the tone almost detached from the anger of the words by an uncanny hollowness.
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:47 pm She set her drink back on the table. "Regardless, if you are going to live here, in this town, where you will have a stable job with benifits and safety from hunters and the ability to be open about who you are, you probably should avoid getting yourself banned from the only establishment in the city that provides affordable Kaiju-sized meals. That means being a little more respectful to the owner's daughter."
She opens her mouth to respond once more, but after a moment of silence it just falls back shut. Her eyes turn down to her food as she mutters "Go figure." One claw taps idly against the meal, an annoyed huff escaping her as she seems to think in silence - then instead glares up at the other two. "You know, you both have a really bad habit of getting involved in things that don't concern you. Once more, the voice and glare are tamer than they've been, only a clear annoyance shining through instead of the powerful anger that seems to fuel her. Yet some of it seems to rekindle as she further addresses Gregg. "And ^^^^ you. Mind your own ^^^^ business. "
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg cuts a large slice of the burger and pushes it off the table into the space next to him where it vanishes, "Hey she's a person like the rest of us. Not sure why you'd think that two people who signed up to help Human-Kaiju relations are just going to let someone else say something out of pocket like that and have nothing to say about it." He cuts another chunk out of the burger and admires how well it's cooked. "Especially when that person is seated at our table," he says as he eats.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I have a better idea." Ryan says with a grin.
"Why don't we have a battle?" he suggests, referring to the four arenas in Mario Kart 64 in which players are given three balloons and are pitted against the other players, the objective being to pop everyone else's balloons before the player's own balloons are burst.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 am "I have a better idea." Ryan says with a grin.
"Why don't we have a battle?" he suggests, referring to the four arenas in Mario Kart 64 in which players are given three balloons and are pitted against the other players, the objective being to pop everyone else's balloons before the player's own balloons are burst.
"Seeing as I'm rusty in Smash, this sounds better...as long as we do Skyscraper," Mordecai grinned, referring to the 'famous' Mario Kart 64 map.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:30 pm Tigress scoffs angrily at the recruiter, leading Mist to silently stand and leave the table in one swift motion. As soon as that noise was her response he realized he'd need to apologize for her, and there was no point to making a further scene if he could avoid attention. His eyes were already watering, breath still shaky as his heart pounds in his chest. He didn't need more people getting involved. Manually, as he walks, he relaxes the clenched jaw and fists, focuses on stopping the tail's rapid twitches, pulls the familiar costume against him tightly... just walking back to the entrance as he tries to find the escaped Cornucopia.
Mist wouldn't have to search long. She was cleaning some dishes in the front section of the cafe, trying to hide the tears running down her face from her adoptive father. Judging by his look of concern, she wasn't hiding very well.

----------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:30 pm "One, I never abandoned my tribe, they banished me. I hate this whole city, I just hate them more. Two, if all that happened to Mist I'd be able to die happy. She's safe. She's supported. She doesn't have to hide and be scared that being scared will cause things to explode and get you hunted like an animal!" Her voice never reaches a growl, the tone almost detached from the anger of the words by an uncanny hollowness.
"No." Heather said, setting her shake down on the table. "She doesn't have to be afraid her emotions causing damage and resulting in her becoming a target. You're right about that. Her powers aren't destructive. Instead, she has to worry about being hunted like an animal simply because she exists and her horn is valuable. She never leaves this town because she effectively has a nine-figure bounty on her head. Would you really like Mist to be confined to a mountaintop, unable to go anywhere in the world without every hunter in the city trying to take him out just because some rich **** wanted to turn him into a rug? Would you rest easy knowing he could never, EVER shift lest he be tracked down and killed for his claws or fangs or hide or whatever billionaires decided could be turned into a commodity? No? Then I suppose Amy isn't as safe as you think. The only reason she's still alive is that hunters think her species is extinct. As long as she's here, and she never drops her disguise, they will continue to think that."

----------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 am "I have a better idea." Ryan says with a grin.
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:57 am "Seeing as I'm rusty in Smash, this sounds better...as long as we do Skyscraper," Mordecai grinned, referring to the 'famous' Mario Kart 64 map.
Wildfire grinned and prepped his controller. "You're on! I love Balloon Battle!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:35 pm Mist wouldn't have to search long. She was cleaning some dishes in the front section of the cafe, trying to hide the tears running down her face from her adoptive father. Judging by his look of concern, she wasn't hiding very well.
The tom freezes in place as soon as he notices her, a quiet, spooked gasp escaping him. He automatically steps back, then steels himself with a shake of his head. Ears up, tail still...er, at least, hat at his chest as he approaches, struggling to make any sort of eye contact as he looks at just how badly she was hurt. "Miss, ah..." Naturally he hadn't thought to get her name first. Didn't ask, didn't check for a tag, and now he wasn't going to start searching her clothes - well, a wonderful start. His claws dig into the hat's brim, tail flicking wildly again as he mumbles, panicked "I'm so sorry I don't know your name but I'm so so so sorry about what she said, and if..." If... what? If he can help? Ridiculous. "I'm sorry, really sorry she said all that. It was awful. I can't believe she laughed." He finishes with an almost inaudible whisper, but his stance shows no real shock. Just a sinking disappointment as tries to hide his face from both her and her father figure.
Deske wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:24 pm Gregg cuts a large slice of the burger and pushes it off the table into the space next to him where it vanishes, "Hey she's a person like the rest of us. Not sure why you'd think that two people who signed up to help Human-Kaiju relations are just going to let someone else say something out of pocket like that and have nothing to say about it." He cuts another chunk out of the burger and admires how well it's cooked. "Especially when that person is seated at our table," he says as he eats.
Tigress doesn't deign to look over, instead placing a wrist on the table with the attached hand displaying an unkind gesture in his direction as she continues watching Heather speak.
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:35 pm "No." Heather said, setting her shake down on the table. "She doesn't have to be afraid her emotions causing damage and resulting in her becoming a target. You're right about that. Her powers aren't destructive. Instead, she has to worry about being hunted like an animal simply because she exists and her horn is valuable. She never leaves this town because she effectively has a nine-figure bounty on her head. Would you really like Mist to be confined to a mountaintop, unable to go anywhere in the world without every hunter in the city trying to take him out just because some rich **** wanted to turn him into a rug? Would you rest easy knowing he could never, EVER shift lest he be tracked down and killed for his claws or fangs or hide or whatever billionaires decided could be turned into a commodity? No? Then I suppose Amy isn't as safe as you think. The only reason she's still alive is that hunters think her species is extinct. As long as she's here, and she never drops her disguise, they will continue to think that."
The Raksasi opens her mouth as though to speak, then stops. It slowly closes as she tilts her head slightly, eyes clouded with confusion as she adds "Oh...kay, I think you lost me. She's safe here. We aren't even safe in our own house. And hunters are after us, as we saw earlier, so. Even other Kaiju hate us because we-" Both hands come up, her eyes rolling as she gestures into the air randomly. "-give Kaiju a bad name or whatever. I'm not seeing what your point is here." Most of the aggression has faded, just a vague look of suspicion on her face.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Balloon battle, skyscraper it is!" Ryan grins, setting the game appropriately.
"Shoot. I just remembered. California is a two party consent state. I can't record Mike without his permission which gives the game away. If I did then the recording and all evidence they got as a result of it would be inadmissible in court." the otter grumbles, mashing the button on his controller as soon as the countdown is over.
"Anyone have any other ideas for busting those guys?" he asks as he drops a line of bananas.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 am "Balloon battle, skyscraper it is!" Ryan grins, setting the game appropriately.
"Shoot. I just remembered. California is a two party consent state. I can't record Mike without his permission which gives the game away. If I did then the recording and all evidence they got as a result of it would be inadmissible in court." the otter grumbles, mashing the button on his controller as soon as the countdown is over.
"Anyone have any other ideas for busting those guys?" he asks as he drops a line of bananas.
Mordecai thought for a bit as he shot a red shell at Ryan, "Well, if memory serves me right, The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) requires banks around the world to report balances and any activity of American citizens to the IRS or face fines. So if his offshore account he has isn't reporting it, he doesn't have a leg to stand on in court, so to speak. Also, some violations of tax laws can result in the IRS seizing up to 50 percent of the balance in the bank account for every year that the account owner failed to report the bank account. So...with Mike? I'd say find a way to casually bring up the FATCA in a conversation and see if he begins to sweat."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 am "Balloon battle, skyscraper it is!" Ryan grins, setting the game appropriately.
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:01 am Mordecai thought for a bit as he shot a red shell at Ryan, "Well, if memory serves me right, The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) requires banks around the world to report balances and any activity of American citizens to the IRS or face fines. So if his offshore account he has isn't reporting it, he doesn't have a leg to stand on in court, so to speak. Also, some violations of tax laws can result in the IRS seizing up to 50 percent of the balance in the bank account for every year that the account owner failed to report the bank account. So...with Mike? I'd say find a way to casually bring up the FATCA in a conversation and see if he begins to sweat."
"I'm pretty sure the moment you bring that up, he'll get suspicious." Wildfire said, firing a green shell at a banana peel. "You could possibly have some sort of sign-in sheet and ask your guests for permission to be recorded. You could say you want to compile a sort of video of the party to send to them as a sort of thank-you gift?"

---------------
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:00 pm The tom freezes in place as soon as he notices her, a quiet, spooked gasp escaping him. He automatically steps back, then steels himself with a shake of his head. Ears up, tail still...er, at least, hat at his chest as he approaches, struggling to make any sort of eye contact as he looks at just how badly she was hurt. "Miss, ah..." Naturally he hadn't thought to get her name first. Didn't ask, didn't check for a tag, and now he wasn't going to start searching her clothes - well, a wonderful start. His claws dig into the hat's brim, tail flicking wildly again as he mumbles, panicked "I'm so sorry I don't know your name but I'm so so so sorry about what she said, and if..." If... what? If he can help? Ridiculous. "I'm sorry, really sorry she said all that. It was awful. I can't believe she laughed." He finishes with an almost inaudible whisper, but his stance shows no real shock. Just a sinking disappointment as tries to hide his face from both her and her father figure.
The Cornucopia sniffed and looked at him. "Amy. My name is Amy. And it wasn't your fault." she said. "I shouldn't have brought it up... I just... Miss them."

---------------
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:00 pm The Raksasi opens her mouth as though to speak, then stops. It slowly closes as she tilts her head slightly, eyes clouded with confusion as she adds "Oh...kay, I think you lost me. She's safe here. We aren't even safe in our own house. And hunters are after us, as we saw earlier, so. Even other Kaiju hate us because we-" Both hands come up, her eyes rolling as she gestures into the air randomly. "-give Kaiju a bad name or whatever. I'm not seeing what your point is here." Most of the aggression has faded, just a vague look of suspicion on her face.
"Correction:" Heather started, a look of grave realization on her face. "Hunters are not after you. Hunters didn't even know you or your son existed. Hunters were after whomever I was recruiting. They showed up at my recruiting center. A recruiting center only KDF members know about..."
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:13 pm The Cornucopia sniffed and looked at him. "Amy. My name is Amy. And it wasn't your fault." she said. "I shouldn't have brought it up... I just... Miss them."
"Amy...?" Mist's embarrassment fades for just a moment, switching to a rare indignant annoyance and an attempt at actual eye contact with a determined frown. "Wait, no. You can't blame yourself for that. Just because she doesn't apologize doesn't mean she was right. You should be able to be... vulnerable, around people, without... that. And the burst of confidence is gone as quickly as it appeared, his gaze dropping again. "I guess it's not really my business. But still, you... you shouldn't feel like it was your fault. That's just hiding again."
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:13 pm "Correction:" Heather started, a look of grave realization on her face. "Hunters are not after you. Hunters didn't even know you or your son existed. Hunters were after whomever I was recruiting. They showed up at my recruiting center. A recruiting center only KDF members know about..."
The confused frown turns to a hateful, yet subtly triumphant scowl as Tigress sits back and crosses her arms. "Oh, perfect. Say it. Say there's a spy, traitor, whatever code word you use."
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nah, even that wouldn't go down well. It's not a special event, just a regular party. What would I be thanking them for? Besides, you know these people, Wildfire. They're high-profile so they like their privacy. Half them won't consent to being recorded and will just walk out of the party which would NOT be a good look for me." Ryan points out, blocking Mordecai's red shell with his last banana peel before being knocked off the map by Wildfire's green shell.
"Ganging up on me, huh?" he asks in a joking tone with a grin. "That's a nice way to thank your host!"
While his character is being "rescued" by Lakitu he takes the opportunity to shove another chip into his mouth.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh no are you implying that in an organization dedicated to helping a group of people who are routinely oppressed might just have opposing actors hiding inside it? Say it ain't so," Greg said, feigning surprise. "I'm not sure what that has to do with you being so insufferable."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:33 am "Nah, even that wouldn't go down well. It's not a special event, just a regular party. What would I be thanking them for? Besides, you know these people, Wildfire. They're high-profile so they like their privacy. Half them won't consent to being recorded and will just walk out of the party which would NOT be a good look for me." Ryan points out, blocking Mordecai's red shell with his last banana peel before being knocked off the map by Wildfire's green shell.
"Ganging up on me, huh?" he asks in a joking tone with a grin. "That's a nice way to thank your host!"
While his character is being "rescued" by Lakitu he takes the opportunity to shove another chip into his mouth.
"Hey, at least I didn't drop a banana peel RIGHT NEAR THE EDGE OF THE MAP!" said Mordecai as his character falls off the map, losing a balloon, "Still, the way it's looking, it may just be best to not do anything at the party and just maybe be patient, wait for a better opportunity."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If people are trying to kill us," Julian said calmly, before taking a bite of food, "I don't think it wise to be needling each other, correct? There is no logic in antagonising allies, after all."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hmm, I suppose you're right. But saying that would imply that she thinks we, and probably the KDF as a whole, are anything more than temporary liabilities." Gregg says with a shrug and sigh, relinquishing any pent up annoyance he had. "Oh well. I'm sure Colonel Heather will get her to come around eventually."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:33 am "Nah, even that wouldn't go down well. It's not a special event, just a regular party. What would I be thanking them for? Besides, you know these people, Wildfire. They're high-profile so they like their privacy. Half them won't consent to being recorded and will just walk out of the party which would NOT be a good look for me." Ryan points out, blocking Mordecai's red shell with his last banana peel before being knocked off the map by Wildfire's green shell.
"Right..." Wildfire said, recovering from running over a trick item box. "But then again, do we have to tell him he's being recorded to use it as evidence? After all, tax evasion is a Federal offense, and that law is a State law... Maybe I could be taking videos of the party for "personal use" and just "incidentally" pick up your conversation?"
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:05 pm "Hey, at least I didn't drop a banana peel RIGHT NEAR THE EDGE OF THE MAP!" said Mordecai as his character falls off the map, losing a balloon, "Still, the way it's looking, it may just be best to not do anything at the party and just maybe be patient, wait for a better opportunity."
"You might be right. But if not then, when? How can we set up a trap without it looking suspicious?" Wildfire asked.

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 am "Amy...?" Mist's embarrassment fades for just a moment, switching to a rare indignant annoyance and an attempt at actual eye contact with a determined frown. "Wait, no. You can't blame yourself for that. Just because she doesn't apologize doesn't mean she was right. You should be able to be... vulnerable, around people, without... that. And the burst of confidence is gone as quickly as it appeared, his gaze dropping again. "I guess it's not really my business. But still, you... you shouldn't feel like it was your fault. That's just hiding again."
"I never stopped hiding..." Amy said. "Even out here... The only ones who know what I am are the Kaiju eating in the back room. It's the only place outside of home that I can use my abilities..."

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 am The confused frown turns to a hateful, yet subtly triumphant scowl as Tigress sits back and crosses her arms. "Oh, perfect. Say it. Say there's a spy, traitor, whatever code word you use."
"I'm not saying anything. Not here, and not now. Right now, it's just a theory that I need to look into later tonight." Heather said. "It wouldn't be smart to discuss this in a public place."
Deske wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:36 pm "Oh no are you implying that in an organization dedicated to helping a group of people who are routinely oppressed might just have opposing actors hiding inside it? Say it ain't so," Greg said, feigning surprise. "I'm not sure what that has to do with you being so insufferable."
"Lock it down. Both of you." Heather snapped at Greg and Tigress, hoping to stop things from escalating. "Consider that an order."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:17 pm "You might be right. But if not then, when? How can we set up a trap without it looking suspicious?" Wildfire asked.
Mordecai thought for a bit as he launched a red shell, trying to think of a good idea while, at the same time, thinking back to what his father would've done. "You two will do nothing," he then spoke, surprising both, "If you two do anything out of the ordinary around those two or you do the video thing, both will be suspicious of you and will cover their tracks expertly, taking you two back to square one. Let me talk to Mike on the yacht. I think I know a way to get him to talk and get the required info you need. Plus, I'll be able to do it legally and without repercussions."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:17 pm "I never stopped hiding..." Amy said. "Even out here... The only ones who know what I am are the Kaiju eating in the back room. It's the only place outside of home that I can use my abilities..."
Mist's mouth opens slightly, as though to speak, but quickly closes again. His tail snaps silently through the air behind him, ears folding back as he realizes he has no idea what to say in response to that. He's just a stranger who didn't stop Tigress from being a jerk again. A part of him wants to suggest that it's something to appreciate, even if everything else is so bad, but he has little doubt it would come out wrong. "If... if it's anything at all, your power is amazing. That you can use it to help people like this, and so well, even after... " He has no idea how to end that statement, so he just doesn't. The conclusion hangs unspoken as he fidgets with the hat's brim, looking down at the counter.
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:17 pm "Lock it down. Both of you." Heather snapped at Greg and Tigress, hoping to stop things from escalating. "Consider that an order."
As annoyed as she clearly is with Gregg, it doesn't seem to be enough to disobey a direct order. That was something long taught - orders are to be followed. She merely fixes him with a silent glare, returning to devouring her food unabashedly.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Conversation get's easier over time," Julian confided. "Mostly," he added whilst glancing hopefully at Tigress, "because we find out that, if the person's talking, they don't want to fight?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg lifted his eyebrows as if to say something, but simply chuckled to himself instead. "True. I don't think it's the norm to have a nice chat over a cup of coffee while fighting a battle."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What's your plan, Mr. Mayor?" Ryan asks curiously, activating a Boo and waiting to see what he steals.

~~~~~~~~
Ted leans back in his chair and stretches out a crick in his neck. Feeling his stomach rumble, he checks the time on his fob watch, shoves the remainder of the psych evaluations into his briefcase along with his laptop, and heads into the empty reception area.

"Hey, Annie?"
"Yeah, Ted?"
"Sam arrived already, right?' the hare asks, referring to one of his colleagues, another doctor.
"Yeah, he's in with a patient at the moment. Did you need him?"
"No, no, I was just making sure. I'll go for lunch then. You've eaten, right?"
"Sure have. Enjoy."
"How's my schedule for the afternoon, by the way?"
"All clear, unless any emergencies come up. You are on call for the afternoon after all. Heck though, even Sam's is light on today. It's weird."
"Heh. I guess it's just one of those days. See you in an hour then. Call me if you need me."
"Will do."

Exiting the building into the sunlight, Ted slips his helmet back onto his head and waggles his ears until it sits right. It's a nice, sunny day so he decides to walk to the cafe since it's only a couple of blocks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:26 am "What's your plan, Mr. Mayor?" Ryan asks curiously, activating a Boo and waiting to see what he steals.
Mumbling a swear as his star power-up is stolen, Mordecai replies, "Well, years ago, my grandmother had a suspicion that someone my grandfather hired to help in Thunder Bay was not paying taxes, thanks to them still having a good bit of cash after tax season was over. My grandfather, who then shared the same suspicion after she brought this up to him, decided to confront him that year's tax season in a cleaver way. See, during a conversation he and the other were having at my grandfather's office, my grandmother called him and let him know that she'll be handling the taxes that year and he wouldn't have to. When the other asked what the call was about, he brought it up then said that he would love to be able not to pay any as, being mayor at the time, he shouldn't have to. That's when the guy brought up very casually how he doesn't by having an off-shore account that he keeps off the records and gave my grandfather some info in case he ever wants to look into it. What the guy didn't know is that, once the phone call happened, my grandfather had a hidden small...uh pocket tape recorder hidden and, long story short, the guy was found guilty. That's what I intend to do with Mike on the yacht as I already discussed this with my secretary back in Thunder Bay. Though, instead of a tape recorder, I'll be using my phone to do this." Mordecai knew this was a bit of a risky plan on his part but he had a feeling he might be able to pull it off. "Say, Titus," Mordecai then said as he grabbed another power-up, "I've been meaning to ask: How frequent are Rogue Kaiju attacks here in Crater City? I know a few cities here in the States are frequently visited by RK's, but what about here?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:07 pm Mordecai thought for a bit as he launched a red shell, trying to think of a good idea while, at the same time, thinking back to what his father would've done. "You two will do nothing," he then spoke, surprising both, "If you two do anything out of the ordinary around those two or you do the video thing, both will be suspicious of you and will cover their tracks expertly, taking you two back to square one. Let me talk to Mike on the yacht. I think I know a way to get him to talk and get the required info you need. Plus, I'll be able to do it legally and without repercussions."
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:26 am "What's your plan, Mr. Mayor?" Ryan asks curiously, activating a Boo and waiting to see what he steals.
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:16 am Mumbling a swear as his star power-up is stolen, Mordecai replies, "Well, years ago, my grandmother had a suspicion that someone my grandfather hired to help in Thunder Bay was not paying taxes, thanks to them still having a good bit of cash after tax season was over. My grandfather, who then shared the same suspicion after she brought this up to him, decided to confront him that year's tax season in a cleaver way. See, during a conversation he and the other were having at my grandfather's office, my grandmother called him and let him know that she'll be handling the taxes that year and he wouldn't have to. When the other asked what the call was about, he brought it up then said that he would love to be able not to pay any as, being mayor at the time, he shouldn't have to. That's when the guy brought up very casually how he doesn't by having an off-shore account that he keeps off the records and gave my grandfather some info in case he ever wants to look into it. What the guy didn't know is that, once the phone call happened, my grandfather had a hidden small...uh pocket tape recorder hidden and, long story short, the guy was found guilty. That's what I intend to do with Mike on the yacht as I already discussed this with my secretary back in Thunder Bay. Though, instead of a tape recorder, I'll be using my phone to do this." Mordecai knew this was a bit of a risky plan on his part but he had a feeling he might be able to pull it off. "Say, Titus," Mordecai then said as he grabbed another power-up, "I've been meaning to ask: How frequent are Rogue Kaiju attacks here in Crater City? I know a few cities here in the States are frequently visited by RK's, but what about here?"
"But... that was our original plan in the first place. The problem is we can't legally use a recording of him if we record him without consent." Wildfire said, tossing a green shell at Ryan. "And it depends on the Rogue. The "Rogues" that are just ordinary Kaiju who loose control, or who are driven to shifting in public for one reason or another, that kind of thing happens quite a lot. Living in disguise is a stressful thing in this city, and there's only so much stress a person can take before they just lash out. If you mean the actually hostile Kaiju like the Laviathans and the Plagues, that's less frequent. It's more frequent than other places, to be sure, but it's still not too common. It was more common back before the KDF was formed, but you two'd be too young to remember that."

-------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am Mist's mouth opens slightly, as though to speak, but quickly closes again. His tail snaps silently through the air behind him, ears folding back as he realizes he has no idea what to say in response to that. He's just a stranger who didn't stop Tigress from being a jerk again. A part of him wants to suggest that it's something to appreciate, even if everything else is so bad, but he has little doubt it would come out wrong. "If... if it's anything at all, your power is amazing. That you can use it to help people like this, and so well, even after... " He has no idea how to end that statement, so he just doesn't. The conclusion hangs unspoken as he fidgets with the hat's brim, looking down at the counter.
Amy sniffed slightly, then smiled at Mist. "Thank you... It means a lot. I just wish I could help more people."

-------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am As annoyed as she clearly is with Gregg, it doesn't seem to be enough to disobey a direct order. That was something long taught - orders are to be followed. She merely fixes him with a silent glare, returning to devouring her food unabashedly.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:03 am "Conversation get's easier over time," Julian confided. "Mostly," he added whilst glancing hopefully at Tigress, "because we find out that, if the person's talking, they don't want to fight?"
Deske wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:09 pm Gregg lifted his eyebrows as if to say something, but simply chuckled to himself instead. "True. I don't think it's the norm to have a nice chat over a cup of coffee while fighting a battle."
Heather quickly finished her food and leaned back in her chair. "Once you're all done, we should find Mist and get moving. I'll need to get all of you back to the city soon. I have a lot of work I have to get done, I'm afraid."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:34 pm "But... that was our original plan in the first place. The problem is we can't legally use a recording of him if we record him without consent." Wildfire said, tossing a green shell at Ryan. "And it depends on the Rogue. The "Rogues" that are just ordinary Kaiju who loose control, or who are driven to shifting in public for one reason or another, that kind of thing happens quite a lot. Living in disguise is a stressful thing in this city, and there's only so much stress a person can take before they just lash out. If you mean the actually hostile Kaiju like the Laviathans and the Plagues, that's less frequent. It's more frequent than other places, to be sure, but it's still not too common. It was more common back before the KDF was formed, but you two'd be too young to remember that."
"I only ask out of shear curiosAH dang it...I'm out," Mordecai replied, cursing under his breath for falling off the map by accident, "And you are right about that, I forgot my grandfather had asked the guy's permission before recording. For now, though, let's just play this one-step at a time and see what happens. Opportunity and Lady Luck usually comes knocking as a couple so we may have that chance during Ryan's party," he reached over and helped himself to some dip then before taking a swig of his drink, "As for the Pre-KDF days, I do recall the tail-end of it, along with the stories my grandfather and dad told me. Surprised Crater City here held up as long as it has. Still, you folks have a great crew here and two strong kaiju's here that I know of...actually, that brings me to an bit of an interesting question. It's odd but you two ever heard of the KWF?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Amy sniffed slightly, then smiled at Mist. "Thank you... It means a lot. I just wish I could help more people."
Mist's ears twitch backwards as a crooked little smile blooms on his own face, eyes still averted. The positive reaction seems to bolster his support, the recruit adding "I guess it may not seem like much, but I'm sure it's a huge help here. Feeding this many Kaiju can't be an easy feat." The smile falters somewhat as he glances back towards the dining area. "Or we're just bad at it. It's incredible either way." Mist finally smiles directly at her, eyes sparkling with hope. "And when Mr. Brand's initiatives succeed you'll be able to help the entire world with your gift!" he cheers softly, pulling the hat back over his ears and leaving his hands curled at his chest eagerly.
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:34 pm Heather quickly finished her food and leaned back in her chair. "Once you're all done, we should find Mist and get moving. I'll need to get all of you back to the city soon. I have a lot of work I have to get done, I'm afraid."
Tigress continues eating as though the other two hadn't spoken, either from lack of interest or the bond to the order. Heather's conclusive note gets a wary look as Tigress gestures vaguely to the untouched meal at Mist's seat, the silverware only slightly moved from its original spot. That gesture is apparently all she needs before she turns back down to her own meal and continues tearing through it.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ryan grins as he chases Wildfire with the stolen star boost.
"Yeah, we'll see what happens. At the very least, he may unintentionally give us some leads. But no. What's the KWF?"

~~~~~~~~
Ted enters the diner and orders the vegetarian quiche with side salad.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:37 am Ryan grins as he chases Wildfire with the stolen star boost.
"Yeah, we'll see what happens. At the very least, he may unintentionally give us some leads. But no. What's the KWF?"
Mordecai cleared his throat, "The...*ahem*...Kaiju Wrestling Federation. That show that airs on Friday nights," The KWF was a sour subject among the tikbalang, though some did admit to enjoying it on occasion, "The question was more of a curiosity thing, though my uncle was one of the top wrestlers on the show...probably explains why I fight the way I do as a kaiju..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm Mist's ears twitch backwards as a crooked little smile blooms on his own face, eyes still averted. The positive reaction seems to bolster his support, the recruit adding "I guess it may not seem like much, but I'm sure it's a huge help here. Feeding this many Kaiju can't be an easy feat." The smile falters somewhat as he glances back towards the dining area. "Or we're just bad at it. It's incredible either way." Mist finally smiles directly at her, eyes sparkling with hope. "And when Mr. Brand's initiatives succeed you'll be able to help the entire world with your gift!" he cheers softly, pulling the hat back over his ears and leaving his hands curled at his chest eagerly.
"Assuming it does succeed..." she said, glumly, looking down. "I'm sorry... It's just... There's so many people opposing it. Some of them own newspapers, radio stations, blogs, Youtube channels... I don't know how it can succeed when most people see us as giant animals. I wish I could help..."
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:37 am Ted enters the diner and orders the vegetarian quiche with side salad.
Amy looks up and notices Ted ordering. "I'm sorry... I have to get back to work." she said. "Thank you for talking with me. I really appreciate it. I'll see you around then?" she asked.

Meanwhile, Rob takes the order. "Go ahead, Doc. Amy and I will have your food out to you shortly."

--------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm Tigress continues eating as though the other two hadn't spoken, either from lack of interest or the bond to the order. Heather's conclusive note gets a wary look as Tigress gestures vaguely to the untouched meal at Mist's seat, the silverware only slightly moved from its original spot. That gesture is apparently all she needs before she turns back down to her own meal and continues tearing through it.
Heather sighed. "Alright. We'll wait for him to come back. He can eat his food or take it home in a box."

She stared at her own food for a moment, thinking about something. Finally, she added "And... I suppose we still have time to go down to the valley and see what all of you can do. You can get acquainted with each other in kaiju form, and we'll talk next steps."

--------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:55 am Mordecai cleared his throat, "The...*ahem*...Kaiju Wrestling Federation. That show that airs on Friday nights," The KWF was a sour subject among the tikbalang, though some did admit to enjoying it on occasion, "The question was more of a curiosity thing, though my uncle was one of the top wrestlers on the show...probably explains why I fight the way I do as a kaiju..."
"I've definitely heard of them. I used to want to be a KWF wrestler as a kid." Wildfire said, a little enthusiastically. "Turns out though that it's really difficult for quadrupeds to get in given wrestling is a pretty specific fighting style with a load of rules that my body type doesn't really lend itself well to."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 pm "I've definitely heard of them. I used to want to be a KWF wrestler as a kid." Wildfire said, a little enthusiastically. "Turns out though that it's really difficult for quadrupeds to get in given wrestling is a pretty specific fighting style with a load of rules that my body type doesn't really lend itself well to."
"True, they really seem to be more for two-legged folks like me and Ryan," Mordecai replied as he began to smile from a memory, "I'll be honest with you, while we tikbalang are against the idea of ShowKaijus...alot of us enjoyed watching shows and events like the KWF, including me. I will always remember sitting with my dad back in the day every Friday night, tuning into that nights KWF, and cheering on our favorite wrestlers. I can still remember their names too like 'Thunderbolt' Harrison, the duo of Big John and Robbie' Hood, and of course my uncle: Barry Helsing or as he's known in the ring...Night Hunter. I tell you, the first time seeing my uncle win the coveted KWF Championship Belt is something I will never forget. In fact, when I got older, he began teaching me some wrestling moves in case I'd ever get into a fight or have to take on a rogue kaiju...with a few moves I taught myself heh. We actually had the KWF come to Thunder Bay three years ago and I think that was the year when they had that Japanese Kaiju Reptile, I think, as a special representative, I'm blanking on his name at the moment...ah that's gonna bug me..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ryan snickers a bit.
"You didn't get a good look at me while we were swimming in the Bay, did you, Mr. Mayor?" he grins.
"I'm a sea creature. I literally don't have any legs. Or arms, for that matter. Just flippers. I'd be useless in the ring." he points out as Wildfire sideswipes him with a green shell to win the match.
"Well played, Wildfire. So, Mr. Mayor, I'm curious. Forgive me if it's an impertinent question, but why were we, what was the term you used, ShowJu, but the KWF aren't? Seems a bit unfair when we were just having fun but they're literally showing off."

~~~~~~~~
"Thanks, Rob." Ted smiles, entering the Kaiju dining room. Glancing around for an empty table, he doesn't spot his group of patients at first.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:30 am Ryan snickers a bit.
"You didn't get a good look at me while we were swimming in the Bay, did you, Mr. Mayor?" he grins.
"I'm a sea creature. I literally don't have any legs. Or arms, for that matter. Just flippers. I'd be useless in the ring." he points out as Wildfire sideswipes him with a green shell to win the match.
"Well played, Wildfire. So, Mr. Mayor, I'm curious. Forgive me if it's an impertinent question, but why were we, what was the term you used, ShowJu, but the KWF aren't? Seems a bit unfair when we were just having fun but they're literally showing off."
"I did call you two Shoju, didn't I?" Mordecai sighed, "Yes, according to Tikbalang customs, if a kaiju is shown to be entertaining others while as a kaiju, they are to be called a Shoju or 'Show Kaiju' and are to be ignored by them until they (the Tikbalang) feel they are ready to speak with them again, which depending on Tikbalang, could either be a day or longer. Thing is, that custom of ours? Really hasn't been enforced since...1973 and most of us, including the Elder TIkbalangs, decided that it was a bit of a stupid custom. Guess I was still having a bit of a temper after that meeting with the council, so I had that custom in my head when you two went and showed off for a bit. Truth be told, I honestly didn't mind it...and I apologize for how I acted then."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 pm "Assuming it does succeed..." she said, glumly, looking down. "I'm sorry... It's just... There's so many people opposing it. Some of them own newspapers, radio stations, blogs, Youtube channels... I don't know how it can succeed when most people see us as giant animals. I wish I could help..."
Amy looks up and notices Ted ordering. "I'm sorry... I have to get back to work." she said. "Thank you for talking with me. I really appreciate it. I'll see you around then?" she asked.
"I guess, that's - Oh! Right, you have to work, right, sorry." The forthright demeanor vanishes, hands rising to adjust his hat slightly without need. "Ah, hopefully! Depends on how the rest of the day goes, I think. But it was nice to meet you!" He gives a smile and an automatic wave before retreating quickly back into the dining room, nearly falling into his seat. The same shy smile looks down at his food as he mumbles a soft apology to the group for his absence. Tigress clearly notices his surprisingly positive mood, but her only response is a wary look in his direction as she finishes the last of the food and places it on the table. "Good food. Thank you, Heather." she concludes, nearly monotone. Mist seems to suddenly realize, looking up at the recruiter and adding a cheerful "Thank you Captain Heather! This place is amazing."
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"How'd it go, Mist," Julian asked, honestly interested.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, you seem to be in better spirits after your talk," Gregg says.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Mist's smile remains, try as he might to suppress it. "I think she's feeling better." He replies softly into his food, the pride an unusual feeling. "Not that that should replace an apology, but I think I helped. And I liked talking to her. She's really sweet, and selfless..." His ears twitch down as he returns to his meal, the momentum of his response fading into a pleased embarrassment at their attention.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:30 am Ryan snickers a bit.
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am "I did call you two Shoju, didn't I?" Mordecai sighed, "Yes, according to Tikbalang customs, if a kaiju is shown to be entertaining others while as a kaiju, they are to be called a Shoju or 'Show Kaiju' and are to be ignored by them until they (the Tikbalang) feel they are ready to speak with them again, which depending on Tikbalang, could either be a day or longer. Thing is, that custom of ours? Really hasn't been enforced since...1973 and most of us, including the Elder TIkbalangs, decided that it was a bit of a stupid custom. Guess I was still having a bit of a temper after that meeting with the council, so I had that custom in my head when you two went and showed off for a bit. Truth be told, I honestly didn't mind it...and I apologize for how I acted then."
"Not to mention, we were giving a show to human and Zoomorph tourists." Wildfire commented. "The KWF's main audience is Kaiju. Nothing wrong with seeking entertainment where you see representation of yourself. There aren't a whole lot of shows that have us as the good guys, let's be honest."

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:18 pm "How'd it go, Mist," Julian asked, honestly interested.
Deske wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:25 pm "Yeah, you seem to be in better spirits after your talk," Gregg says.
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:44 pm Mist's smile remains, try as he might to suppress it. "I think she's feeling better." He replies softly into his food, the pride an unusual feeling. "Not that that should replace an apology, but I think I helped. And I liked talking to her. She's really sweet, and selfless..." His ears twitch down as he returns to his meal, the momentum of his response fading into a pleased embarrassment at their attention.
"Amy's a good kid." Heather confirmed with a nod. "I think what bothers her most about being stuck in this town is how limited the number of people she can help is. Though once we get a bit more recognition - at least enough so that people don't scream and run away at the sight of our Kaiju members - we might be able to set up an outreach program she can help with."
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:30 am "Thanks, Rob." Ted smiles, entering the Kaiju dining room. Glancing around for an empty table, he doesn't spot his group of patients at first.
Heather waved at Ted. "Hey, Doc! You want to join us? We're not going to be here for much longer, but your welcome anyway."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:05 am "Not to mention, we were giving a show to human and Zoomorph tourists." Wildfire commented. "The KWF's main audience is Kaiju. Nothing wrong with seeking entertainment where you see representation of yourself. There aren't a whole lot of shows that have us as the good guys, let's be honest."
"I dunno, the movie industry has done some good films with us as the good guys, with Gamera being one such example," Mordecai added as he stood up from the couch to stretch his legs, "There's also some of the movies in the Godzilla franchise, who is a really nice guy...huh, more I think of it, Japan seems to treat Kaijus with more respect then here in the Americas.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah. I always wanted to visit Japan. Haven't quite gotten there yet though. Say, have you tried that new Japanese restaurant on Fifth and Cedar yet, Wildfire? I think they only opened a couple of weeks ago."

~~~~~~~~
Ted shrugs.
"Sure, why not?" he agrees, taking a seat beside the colonel.
"How did the tour go?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:05 am "Amy's a good kid." Heather confirmed with a nod. "I think what bothers her most about being stuck in this town is how limited the number of people she can help is. Though once we get a bit more recognition - at least enough so that people don't scream and run away at the sight of our Kaiju members - we might be able to set up an outreach program she can help with."
Tigress remains silent, only a slight smirk rising in response to the 'scream and run' remark, though she gives hiding it the slightest amount of effort this time. With a faked cough she turns to look around the dining area again, clearly getting bored. Mist's eating pauses for a moment, a hopeful smile on his face. "That sounds great! I'm sure there's a lot of soup kitchens that would really appreciate her help." That note recaptures Tigress's attention, her smirk falling to a slight frown as she watches him return to eating.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 am "Sure, why not?" he agrees, taking a seat beside the colonel.
"How did the tour go?"
Both felines give the doctor a quick wave of greeting, one energetic and happily eating while the other returns to a relaxed position. The latter mostly shuts her eyes, arms crossed across her chest as she waits in silence, tail flicking impatiently along the ground.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"That's great Mist. I'm glad you were able to lift her mood," Gregg said with a warm smile. He raised a hand in greeting to the doctor. "Hey Doc."