Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 am "Oh. Well, he's a doctor. Hence the textbook on the coffee table. And sure, go for it. You want me to turn on the surround sound?" Ryan asks, dropping into a recliner.
"What are we watching?"
"Up to you, Ryan," he said while picking up the nearby remote and turning the TV on then sitting down on the couch. After a few seconds of channel surfing, he found the exact channel he wanted which, to everyone's surprise, was showing an episode of one of his favorite shows as a young Tikbalang: Murder, She Wrote. "I always been a fan of this show," he smiled as the theme played, "You two ever watch it?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg nods quickly, hopping through a portal and back out to avoid Tigress's tail. "Got it, no weapons. But, just out of curiosity. What kind of weapons do we get training on?" he asks, watching the doctor heal Tigress's hand.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:36 am "Up to you, Ryan," he said while picking up the nearby remote and turning the TV on then sitting down on the couch. After a few seconds of channel surfing, he found the exact channel he wanted which, to everyone's surprise, was showing an episode of one of his favorite shows as a young Tikbalang: Murder, She Wrote. "I always been a fan of this show," he smiled as the theme played, "You two ever watch it?"
"I used to watch it all the time. It was a fun show while it was running." Wildfire said as he took a seat.

------------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:18 pm The note about weapons clearly catches Tigress's attention. Her about-face to find Heather sends her tail slamming against a lower building, bringing a slightly embarrassed tone to her eventual response. "Yep, right, understood..."
Heather sighed, rubbed the side of her helmet where her temple was, then spoke. "Watch where you're moving. Be constantly aware of your surroundings. Things getting broken during a Kaiju fight is inevitable, but every building that gets smashed is somebody's home or source of income, and you never know who's inside. We'd like to keep damage to the city at a minimum."
Deske wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm Gregg nods quickly, hopping through a portal and back out to avoid Tigress's tail. "Got it, no weapons. But, just out of curiosity. What kind of weapons do we get training on?" he asks, watching the doctor heal Tigress's hand.
"Really, really big ones." Heather stated the obvious. "Naturally you can't just scale up an AR-15 or an M-16 and expect it to work the same. It'd fall apart under it's own weight, and all the moving parts would be obliterated under the force it would take to move them. As such, Kaiju weapons are often things like shoulder-mounted missile launchers which don't have to be big to pack a punch, wrist-mounted artillery cannons due to their simple design and ability to be braced against the forearm, and close range weapons such as clubs and swords which just have to be able to support their own weight when swung. Improvised weapons as well, which, it seems, you are already familiar with..." she clarified.

"Now, about the training itself. Tigress, you get to play the part of an attacking Kaiju. A rogue, an enemy unit, a leviathan, doesn't matter. Set yourself up on the Mountain ridge to the West. When I sound the alarm, make your way to this fake city and start smashing things. Everyone else, your job is to keep her away from the 'city' until the alarm stops. The alarm will last for five minutes. Everybody, get in position!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 am "If you think you have to fight," Julian advised gently. "a new gym might help." He sucked his teeth, looking for a simile. "A boxer stands in a ring. He's... a heavyweight. State Champion. That sort of thing. And he shouts out a challenge. Whoever can beat him wins... fifty thousand dollars, let's say. After no takers he says 'Fifty thousand if you can beat me and two thousand if you can last three minutes!' In the crowd there's a couple of fly-weight boxers. One trained at the same gym as the Heavyweight and one from another state. The one from his Gym knows the Heavyweight's weaknesses and does what he can to exploit them. He lasts two and a half minutes. Because the Heavyweight knows HIS weaknesses too and how to exploit them. The one from the different state steps in. He doesn't lay a glove on the heavyweight. But he dodges and bobs and the bigger boxer can't hit him either. Three minutes after he gets in the ring the fly-weight walks out a winner." Julian sighed. "Everything Tigress has taught you is good tactics. But they're more for people like Tigress to beat people like Tigress. There may be things other teachers can show you that will enable you to beat Tigress. Or, at least, surprise her, eh? Speaking of which, why not try tripping her? See if she reacts fast enough to stop Gregg getting a hit in then?"
Mist seems to pause to give the idea some thought, waiting in place before replying, noncommittal: "Maybe. She'll probably crush whoever she falls on. But I guess you've got a point, as long as nothing else is working..."
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 am Lightfoot holds up his handpaws in a placating gesture.
"I respectfully disagree, but I shall do as you insist. I can't force you, after all." he tells Mist before bowing slightly and retreating to the remains of his meal.
Mist looks over with a neutral, almost surprised expression, but it only lasts a moment before he leaves the doctor to his meal and looks over to Heather.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 am Heather sighed, rubbed the side of her helmet where her temple was, then spoke. "Watch where you're moving. Be constantly aware of your surroundings. Things getting broken during a Kaiju fight is inevitable, but every building that gets smashed is somebody's home or source of income, and you never know who's inside. We'd like to keep damage to the city at a minimum."
"Are my damages covered under natural disaster?" Tigress responds with a single laugh.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 am "Really, really big ones." Heather stated the obvious. "Naturally you can't just scale up an AR-15 or an M-16 and expect it to work the same. It'd fall apart under it's own weight, and all the moving parts would be obliterated under the force it would take to move them. As such, Kaiju weapons are often things like shoulder-mounted missile launchers which don't have to be big to pack a punch, wrist-mounted artillery cannons due to their simple design and ability to be braced against the forearm, and close range weapons such as clubs and swords which just have to be able to support their own weight when swung. Improvised weapons as well, which, it seems, you are already familiar with..." she clarified.

"Now, about the training itself. Tigress, you get to play the part of an attacking Kaiju. A rogue, an enemy unit, a leviathan, doesn't matter. Set yourself up on the Mountain ridge to the West. When I sound the alarm, make your way to this fake city and start smashing things. Everyone else, your job is to keep her away from the 'city' until the alarm stops. The alarm will last for five minutes. Everybody, get in position!"
The talk on ranged weapons seems to disinterest Tigress, the Raksasi looking at the damage she'd done to the building by accident. Swords and clubs pique her interest, her ears perking up, but she doesn't look back over until Heather is done. By that time an innocent smile graces her face, but there's no hiding the evil spark in her eyes. "Play a rogue Kaiju, here to destroy a city? Well... if you - think I can do it, I'll - give it my best!" She replies, almost singsong as she tries to bite back sudden peals of laughter. "Good luck, you three!" She chirps happily as she begins to stalk off towards the mountains.

Mist looks to Julian again, mild concern under the fake smile. "This can only go well!" He reports with a sarcastic cheer, shaking his head as he begins to walk towards the ghost town. "Best get strategizing, I suppose... you are helping with this, right?" Mist stops dead in his tracks, as though this had just occurred to him, and looks back at the Colossus. "At the very least with planning." It sounds like he's bargaining, expecting a refusal to participate.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Julian mused momentarily, "officially I'm non-combatant but that doesn't mean I might not call out a few things when, uh, carried away? After all, if we're supposed to work together, I need you in one piece, eh?" He gave the younger Kaiju a friendly pat on the shoulder as they headed back.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg looks from the Colonel to the quickly receding form of Tigress before taking in a quick view of the surrounding valley for memory purposes. He heads over to Mist and Julian with an idea in mind. "I-I-I have an idea," he says as he walks up to the duo. "I-I-It's mostly defensive, but I think it'll come in handy."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"This can only end well." Lightfoot's left head murmurs to the centre one.
"Yup." the centre head agrees in the same low tone.
"Keep a close eye out, you two. Someone will get hurt. Plus, we might learn something to put in our report. Julian, for instance, seems to have a head for strategy. Or, at least, good common sense. We'll have to challenge him to a game of chess." the third head instructs before returning to his meal.

~~~~~~~~
"I've heard of it but never got around to actually watching it." Ryan answers, powering up the sound system using its remote control, and snickering slightly at Wildfire's comment.
"Sorry. It's just, I sometimes forget how old you are, Wildfire. I was a calf when that show first came out."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:14 pm "Well," Julian mused momentarily, "officially I'm non-combatant but that doesn't mean I might not call out a few things when, uh, carried away? After all, if we're supposed to work together, I need you in one piece, eh?" He gave the younger Kaiju a friendly pat on the shoulder as they headed back.
While Mist doesn't respond to the contact, the affirmative response seems to relieve him slightly. Automatically he looks over towards the town and responds with an evasive "With our skills, I doubt we'll be doing much together after this." A beat passes as his thoughts catch up, leading him to correct himself with a softer "I appreciate it though. Keep your distance from her, I'm willing to bet the Colonel's command is going to justify some collateral."
Deske wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:20 am Gregg looks from the Colonel to the quickly receding form of Tigress before taking in a quick view of the surrounding valley for memory purposes. He heads over to Mist and Julian with an idea in mind. "I-I-I have an idea," he says as he walks up to the duo. "I-I-It's mostly defensive, but I think it'll come in handy."
"Let's have it." The mage responds with quick nod, adding "And don't expect her to be complex with her tactics here. Brute force is her specialty."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

A-A-Alright, so I don't really have any ideas on keeping her away, but I can stick portals in front of her hands and feet that should keep her from hitting the buildings with those. I can probably use them to trip her up on her way there but I don't think portaling her around the valley is going to work." He took another look at the ridge that Tigress had gone off into. "I might be able to get her with it once, but after that she'd probably step in and realize that it's not where her destination is and just step out."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:36 am "I've heard of it but never got around to actually watching it." Ryan answers, powering up the sound system using its remote control, and snickering slightly at Wildfire's comment.
"Sorry. It's just, I sometimes forget how old you are, Wildfire. I was a calf when that show first came out."
Wildfire laughed. He didn't need reminding of his age, but he sometimes forgets just how... not obvious that number is. "Right, right. When you look like a millennial, think like a millennial, and feel in your twenties, it's easy for people to forget a dragon's real age." He looked sideways at Mordecai and grinned. "I was born, or rather hatched, in 1942. I grew up with Ryan's grandfather. Or, rather, his grandfather grew up with me. I was Ryan's babysitter as a kid. Heck, I was Ryan's father's babysitter."

--------------------------------

Heather kept an eye on the Kaiju as they strategized. She looked at the clock on the inside of her helmet. "You've got five minutes to strategize. That's five more minutes then you'd get if this were an actual emergency. Tigress, when I said you're playing the part of a Rogue Kaiju, I meant it. Smash whatever buildings get in your reach if you get to the mock city, but listen to the alarm. If the damage gets to be too much, I'll call the training complete." the officer explained, then further elaborated with "We need enough of this place left standing after training that the repair guys can get it set up again for tomorrow's training. And Tigress..." Heather's voice turned stern. "Don't hurt the others. Your objective is to smash up the fake city. If the Doctor sees any injuries worthy of his concern, I will stop the training."
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:26 pm Heather kept an eye on the Kaiju as they strategized. She looked at the clock on the inside of her helmet. "You've got five minutes to strategize. That's five more minutes then you'd get if this were an actual emergency. Tigress, when I said you're playing the part of a Rogue Kaiju, I meant it. Smash whatever buildings get in your reach if you get to the mock city, but listen to the alarm. If the damage gets to be too much, I'll call the training complete." the officer explained, then further elaborated with "We need enough of this place left standing after training that the repair guys can get it set up again for tomorrow's training. And Tigress..." Heather's voice turned stern. "Don't hurt the others. Your objective is to smash up the fake city. If the Doctor sees any injuries worthy of his concern, I will stop the training."
From the distance (at which Tigress has no chance of spotting Heather) she raises both hands in a thumbs-up, initially failing to realize that with her hands reversed in typical Rakshasa fashion she's giving two clear thumbs-down signs. Unable to spot Heather she glances up at her response and notices, bringing her hands down and carefully watching herself move them as though this were some form of complex puzzle. After a few more moments they're both raised again, arms twisting to display the sign of approval she'd meant from the start. "Got it!"

"Seems we aren't looking to distract her then. Not that it would've mattered much, we'd just be made tools of destruction ourselves." Mist comments with a subtle nod to the dent in the treeline.
Deske wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:18 am A-A-Alright, so I don't really have any ideas on keeping her away, but I can stick portals in front of her hands and feet that should keep her from hitting the buildings with those. I can probably use them to trip her up on her way there but I don't think portaling her around the valley is going to work." He took another look at the ridge that Tigress had gone off into. "I might be able to get her with it once, but after that she'd probably step in and realize that it's not where her destination is and just step out."
"If you could get her to fall fully into one, just once... hmm. Gregg, you know of the game, Portal, right? I presume, with powers such as these." Mist has to bite back the budding of a mischievous grin as he looks over at the town they're tasked to protect. His mother had no charge left, as she'd been without Energy-based damage since her shift, meaning she was no more than a large and eccentrically-trained martial artist with no way to escape an endless fall.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:36 am "I've heard of it but never got around to actually watching it." Ryan answers, powering up the sound system using its remote control, and snickering slightly at Wildfire's comment.
"One of my favorite shows as a youngling," Mordecai said, "I have the entire series on DVD and I never get tired of it."
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:26 pm Wildfire laughed. He didn't need reminding of his age, but he sometimes forgets just how... not obvious that number is. "Right, right. When you look like a millennial, think like a millennial, and feel in your twenties, it's easy for people to forget a dragon's real age." He looked sideways at Mordecai and grinned. "I was born, or rather hatched, in 1942. I grew up with Ryan's grandfather. Or, rather, his grandfather grew up with me. I was Ryan's babysitter as a kid. Heck, I was Ryan's father's babysitter."
Mordecai whistled then chuckled, "Then you probably have some stories about Ryan as a youngling," he then leaned back on the couch, "Guess you and me are probably the oldest kaijus in the room right now, huh? Seeing I'm 42 in human years."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Just remember, Mist," Julian said to his young friend, "keep your calm. Don't let her rile you and work on her slip ups." He half grinned. "Let her THINK you're angry. Then, when she attempts to exploit that, do something unexpected. You two have this." he made his way back over to the Colonel. "Pep talk time," he told her quietly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I mean, I could. It's not like they're visible to most people. But she doesn't strike me as most people so I don't know if she can see them or not. I can always give it a shot." He shrugs. "Hopefully it'll look like she walking towards the city until it's too late."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:10 pm "Just remember, Mist," Julian said to his young friend, "keep your calm. Don't let her rile you and work on her slip ups." He half grinned. "Let her THINK you're angry. Then, when she attempts to exploit that, do something unexpected. You two have this." he made his way back over to the Colonel. "Pep talk time," he told her quietly.
"You planning on just rooting from the sidelines when Crater City actually gets hit?" Heather replied, her voice steady and calm, "Or are you actually going to do something helpful?"

Heather looked up at Julian. "I get that you don't like violence. But calm conversation won't work against a Leviathan. It won't even work against all standard Kaiju. What are you going to do to stop a sadist who's trying to flatten people stuck in traffic? What do you plan on doing to stop a giant from putting their fist through the office window of their former boss after they were fired? Sociopathic cannibals who don't care how immoral something is? I've seen all of them. I'd rather have a peaceful way of doing things, but sometimes you have to use force because there's no time for anything else, or they won't listen to anything else. And if you're the only Kaiju around, that means you're the only one with the strength to use that force. That's what we're here for."

The Colonel checked her watch, then turned the speakers up. "FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! START!" She called. She tapped a button on her smart watch, and sirens all around the mock city and surrounding mountains started blaring, signaling the beginning of the test.

--------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 am Mordecai whistled then chuckled, "Then you probably have some stories about Ryan as a youngling," he then leaned back on the couch, "Guess you and me are probably the oldest kaijus in the room right now, huh? Seeing I'm 42 in human years."
"Oh boy, do I have some stories~" Wildfire said jokingly with a mischievous grin and sideways glance at Ryan.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If it comes to that, Colonel," Julian said, "then I would have to do what is needed, wouldn't I? A pacifist doesn't seek the fight but only a fool thinks there is no fight. To fight defensively does one thing above all others. It keeps the attention on you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Showtime!" grins Lightfoot's centre head.
"Hey, Colonel, do you want to jump on my shoulder so you'll be out of the firing line?" offers the left head.

~~~~~~~~
Ryan grins back, perhaps even more mischievously.
"Go ahead, I dare you. Just remember I have stories about you too. And not just from my calfhood. Grandad and I are very close, you know."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am Ryan grins back, perhaps even more mischievously.
"Go ahead, I dare you. Just remember I have stories about you too. And not just from my calfhood. Grandad and I are very close, you know."
Mordecai could only go and laugh at the two, all set to reveal some embarrassing stories of their young lives. "I'm pretty sure you both have plenty of stories about each other," he smiled, "But, let's be honest: We all have embarrassing stories from our youths. Some we care to forget about and others we can look back and laugh about. I have plenty myself, from silly to *cough* the time I got a few day suspension from school for kicking a bully through a class room door." Mordecai's face, when he brought up about the bully incident, went from smiling to that of slightly embarrassed.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 am "I mean, I could. It's not like they're visible to most people. But she doesn't strike me as most people so I don't know if she can see them or not. I can always give it a shot." He shrugs. "Hopefully it'll look like she walking towards the city until it's too late."
"Once we get her into one, can you put the output portal right above the one she fell in? Form a gravity-assisted loop? Mom has no power over the air, so she can't get out of a fall if it doesn't end. I can handle making sure she slips into one." As he speaks the shadows flickering along his arms begin to crystallize, sharpening into a pattern reminiscent of frost. Both palms pulse with a soft blue light as the repressed Cold fields set several dozen feet apart, standing just to the side of Tigress's most direct path to the fake city. The temperature in the areas targeted drops slightly, waiting for him to force more of his energy into them.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:10 pm "Just remember, Mist," Julian said to his young friend, "keep your calm. Don't let her rile you and work on her slip ups." He half grinned. "Let her THINK you're angry. Then, when she attempts to exploit that, do something unexpected. You two have this." he made his way back over to the Colonel. "Pep talk time," he told her quietly.
Mist looks back over, giving Julian a slightly disappointed nod. He and Gregg would have to handle the rest.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:19 pm [...] The Colonel checked her watch, then turned the speakers up. "FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! START!" She called. She tapped a button on her smart watch, and sirens all around the mock city and surrounding mountains started blaring, signaling the beginning of the test.
The defense team would immediately recognize the thundering roar, shaking the trees and ground as the distant 'Rogue' Kaiju gives her battle cry. A moment passes as her head falls back to face the town, an eager grin on her face. She then breaks into a dead sprint, tearing across the ground with violent intent.

"Well... hope we're ready. She'll see my Cold fields and know I'm trying to trip her... but that might work to our advantage too, as long as she can't attack us." Mist gives his head a quick shake, closing and opening his fists nervously. "Good luck, Gregg." With that, Mist dashes to the city's defense, directly between both of his Cold fields and in Tigress's path. She shows no sign of stopping or switching direction, charging forward with meaningless growls and shouts. It's immediately obvious she's already enjoying herself, while Mist seems somewhere between hopelessly determined and panicked.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg nodded. ""Y-Y-Yeah I can do that," he said as the alarms started blaring and Tigress began her charge towards the city. He waited for Mist to set up the trap before placing a portal in front of Tigresses path and setting the output just above it, leaving little to no time for her to react if she were to get stuck in it. "I-I-I can move you about the valley the same way, just for the record, just get ready for any directional changes if you do." He prepared to make one on the fly just in case she jumped over the slick spots and, consequently, his portal.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:08 pm "If it comes to that, Colonel," Julian said, "then I would have to do what is needed, wouldn't I? A pacifist doesn't seek the fight but only a fool thinks there is no fight. To fight defensively does one thing above all others. It keeps the attention on you."
"And if it does come to that..." Heather retorted. "How do you expect you'll fare against the attacker when you've never even had a practice fight? This is training. Nobody is actually in danger of being hurt. This is to prepare you to be able to step in if someone is about to be hurt."
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am "Showtime!" grins Lightfoot's centre head.
"Hey, Colonel, do you want to jump on my shoulder so you'll be out of the firing line?" offers the left head.
"No thanks, Doc." Heather replied. "I prefer more solid footing than a forest of fur."

--------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:30 am Mordecai could only go and laugh at the two, all set to reveal some embarrassing stories of their young lives. "I'm pretty sure you both have plenty of stories about each other," he smiled, "But, let's be honest: We all have embarrassing stories from our youths. Some we care to forget about and others we can look back and laugh about. I have plenty myself, from silly to *cough* the time I got a few day suspension from school for kicking a bully through a class room door." Mordecai's face, when he brought up about the bully incident, went from smiling to that of slightly embarrassed.
"I didn't know you trained in Hidden Strength, but I can't say I'm surprised." Wildfire said casually. "Took me years to learn. As for me... well, I had a few run ins with class bullies. Ended up lighting one of their pants on fire, zapping another, sent a third through a second story window from a light shove... Uh... he survived. It was while I was training in Hidden Strength." The dragon added, suddenly feeling a little awkward.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:31 pm Gregg nodded. ""Y-Y-Yeah I can do that," he said as the alarms started blaring and Tigress began her charge towards the city. He waited for Mist to set up the trap before placing a portal in front of Tigresses path and setting the output just above it, leaving little to no time for her to react if she were to get stuck in it. "I-I-I can move you about the valley the same way, just for the record, just get ready for any directional changes if you do." He prepared to make one on the fly just in case she jumped over the slick spots and, consequently, his portal.
The thundering footsteps seem to soften slightly as Tigress's senses display yet another curiosity, her broad smile switching to a focused grimace and her violent charge sharpening to her more 'lightfooted' gait. This was an actual obstacle of some kind, and there wasn't a chance she'd be waylaid by the very first one. Her options quickly run through her head, but she'd long decided to handle it the same way she handles most things - barreling through it.

The moment before she lands in the portal her step falls short, both arms swinging forward to propel the massive Raksasi into a dive - and then a graceful combat roll, Tigress clearing the gaping portal and springing back to her feet without missing another stride. Mist flinches as she falls into the maneuver, his tensed stance making his panic more obvious. She clearly notices, and her smile resurrects immediately as she gives a short roar of victory.

"Oh, mother Gaia..." Mist mumbles to himself, the crystallized darkness beginning to grow along his arms at a more pronounced rate. "Alright Gregg!" He shouts with his eyes locked on the imminent threat, unsure of what he even means by the announcement. She should've changed her route by now to avoid him and the Cold fields, but she's still charging directly at him and the city. As though an afterthought the mage tightens both hands into fists, forcefully whispering "Dheema!" to express the fields and coat the grass within with a fine sheet of thin frost. To a normal-sized person it would probably be nothing, but at this scale just slicking the ground would hopefully threaten her reckless sprint. The soft lights his palms held immediately spread up into the shadow-shard coating, turning the fear and pain's loss of control back into something usable - eventually. That was the lowest of his Power Words, but without a more serious threat, it was all he could manage.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 pm "I didn't know you trained in Hidden Strength, but I can't say I'm surprised." Wildfire said casually. "Took me years to learn. As for me... well, I had a few run ins with class bullies. Ended up lighting one of their pants on fire, zapping another, sent a third through a second story window from a light shove... Uh... he survived. It was while I was training in Hidden Strength." The dragon added, suddenly feeling a little awkward.
"No, I just work out a lot; Lifting weights, jogs, that sort of thing," Mordecai replied while making a muscle with his arm, "What had happened was the bully in question had decided to go after me - he was my bully for most of my school years - while I had a free period one day. I was heading down to the lunch room for a drink and the bully stopped me, doing his usual shtick. Well, long story short, he ended up saying something about my grandfather - this was two weeks after you saved him, Wildfire - and something snapped and, next thing? I kicked him right through the door to a classroom. We both got suspended (Zero tolerance policy, gotta love it) but I never really got in any major trouble with anyone, just a minor scolding from the principal and superintendent. Even my family was impressed I did that, with my grandfather saying I should've aimed for the window."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg watched Tigress dive over the trap, impressed that she'd managed to avoid it, but more so because she must have been able to see his portal. Must be an energy thing. Maybe she can see the difference signatures other places give off, he surmised. As he had prepared prior, he opened one directly in front of her, his accuracy being within about a meter in front of her and arranged for the other portal it was paired with to open in the sky.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So the idea of a practice fight is to be put in against someone I cannot beat," Julian mused. "Bit 'Kobayashi Maru' style. But I never said I am totally unable. Gregg and Mist alone should be able to beat Tigress without myself provided Mist holds his temper and his mother's attention away from Gregg. Gregg doesn't know his own strength and enthusiasm - Which is where the tree came from - and Tigress attacks with absolute enthusiasm. She knows every move Mist will make when he's annoyed. She taught him them. Her enthusiasm? Might blind her to the trap BEHIND the trap. And, now Gregg and Mist are fighting with their intellect, they may well stop her. As for me? Unless the situation is desperate, there is no feasible way I would engage someone that much out of my weight class. Especially when untrained." He shrugged. "Unless ordered, of course."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:55 am Gregg watched Tigress dive over the trap, impressed that she'd managed to avoid it, but more so because she must have been able to see his portal. Must be an energy thing. Maybe she can see the difference signatures other places give off, he surmised. As he had prepared prior, he opened one directly in front of her, his accuracy being within about a meter in front of her and arranged for the other portal it was paired with to open in the sky.
Given practically no space (and as such, time) to react before another obstacle appears before her, Tigress, seeing something equivalent to a floating wall suddenly appear directly before her, transitions her movements into a clumsy flying knee strike with a powerful launch improvised into the interrupted step. Rather than sending her through the barrier as she had hoped, this leads her full-force into the air - and immediately after, the ground, before she even realizes what happened. With a dazed growl she pushes herself back to her feet, glaring at the vertical portal but temporarily holding her position. Her weight is tentatively shifted back to the striking leg as she analyzes what happened, leaving no clear sign of harm other than the massive divot in the ground. A moment passes before she smiles again, brushing her head's disheveled fur back into place with a quick sweep. "Cute trick, Gregg. But if all you can do is set up little traps right in front of me, I can just walk." As though to prove her point she does, stepping around the portal with no sense of urgency or tension.

While the trap's initial success seems to allay Mist's fears somewhat, her response has muffled any sort of celebration. This isn't to say that he's once more a panicked mess. If anything, he seems to be grappling with an idea, only partially paying attention to the threat's approach as he begins to dig his claws down his chest. The clean incisions left behind are deeply unnatural, leaking more of the wispy shadows instead of behaving like an actual wound. As they paint over his coat they begin to further distort his form, making his actual shape and stance less clear as each cut is extended. The mouth of the shadowy being hangs partially open as he tries to decide if it's worth explaining the idea - more than likely Gregg will figure it out himself, or just find a way to further inhibit his mother without him. Shadow Energy. Against concrete buildings or plain dirt, I'd be practically invisible to her - but if she's seeing the portals because they're blocking her sense, then they're reading as Shadow too, visible against the Life Energy of the grass and trees. But, that also means she won't be able to see them as well between her and me! Well... as long as I cut my Life Energy down far enough. If it's the price of victory, it'll be nothing. Either way, I won't let him do all the work while I stand here and play with ice.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:55 am "No, I just work out a lot; Lifting weights, jogs, that sort of thing," Mordecai replied while making a muscle with his arm, "What had happened was the bully in question had decided to go after me - he was my bully for most of my school years - while I had a free period one day. I was heading down to the lunch room for a drink and the bully stopped me, doing his usual shtick. Well, long story short, he ended up saying something about my grandfather - this was two weeks after you saved him, Wildfire - and something snapped and, next thing? I kicked him right through the door to a classroom. We both got suspended (Zero tolerance policy, gotta love it) but I never really got in any major trouble with anyone, just a minor scolding from the principal and superintendent. Even my family was impressed I did that, with my grandfather saying I should've aimed for the window."
"Yeah, I managed to get away wit the first two instances that involved accidentally using my powers. Nobody knew I was a Kaiju. Not even my adoptive parents. Then again, this was somewhere in the 50's, so not many people knew about Kaiju at all. As a result, it was kind of a couple instances where they knew I did it, they just couldn't prove how." Wildfire shrugged. "Anyway, the third thing was after I left college. I still looked like an early teenager, so a lot of people mocked me for that. Called me things like 'babyface' and whatnot. I shoved one guy, used too much strength, and he flew out of the window. On one hand, nobody ever insulted my appearance again after that. On the other hand, the talk I had to have with my adoptive parents was... not fun." The dragon shifted uncomfortably and scratched the back of his head. "They still didn't know I was a Kaiju. They didn't know why I wasn't aging like I should, but after that incident I had to tell them."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:53 pm "So the idea of a practice fight is to be put in against someone I cannot beat," Julian mused. "Bit 'Kobayashi Maru' style. But I never said I am totally unable. Gregg and Mist alone should be able to beat Tigress without myself provided Mist holds his temper and his mother's attention away from Gregg. Gregg doesn't know his own strength and enthusiasm - Which is where the tree came from - and Tigress attacks with absolute enthusiasm. She knows every move Mist will make when he's annoyed. She taught him them. Her enthusiasm? Might blind her to the trap BEHIND the trap. And, now Gregg and Mist are fighting with their intellect, they may well stop her. As for me? Unless the situation is desperate, there is no feasible way I would engage someone that much out of my weight class. Especially when untrained." He shrugged. "Unless ordered, of course."
Heather checked her watch. The training was about halfway done. "I'm not expecting you to arm wrestle a Leviathan." she said to Julian. "I am expecting you to work as a teammate. All of you are going to fight outside of your weight class. The smallest Leviathans are big enough to dwarf Tigress, but we still need to repel them. I am not requiring you to participate in this training exercise because it's technically off the books, but in the future you will be ordered to participate."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian chuckled lightly. "Believe it or not, Colonel, I appreciate that." He nodded to the battle. "I've been on the outside, hiding, for quite some time. Now, it seems I'm not. I can state unequivocally that I have no intention of using anything akin to lethal force unless absolutely necessary but knowing does not mean using, just the capability to counter it. Also, I appreciate being left out of this one as I have a date tonight for the first time in... the first time." He grimaced. "It'd be hard to try and enjoy that with close memories of fists smashing me in the face."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg looked at Mist and shrugged. He opened up another in front of her and prepared himself to open more in whatever direction she moved in, with the exit for them being the beginning of the valley where she started.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:28 pm Gregg looked at Mist and shrugged. He opened up another in front of her and prepared himself to open more in whatever direction she moved in, with the exit for them being the beginning of the valley where she started.
After the first interruption, wherein she stops dead before the portal, Tigress begins to move diagonally towards the city. Each further interruption only switches her direction, creating a sharp zig-zag pattern switching every time she senses the Shadow walls. With the leisurely pace at an indirect line, her progress is considerably slowed, but she's still gaining ground. As she walks her expression gradually switches to one of curiosity, then suddenly brazen contempt. I'm not going to pretend I get how this works, but if it's anything like a door you can't close it while something's in the way. Her next roadblock is met with a swift punch, her fist connecting with nothing and extending back into the field behind her. This is what she had expected, as is clear from the satisfied smile. Then, she begins to walk directly towards the city, attempting to hold the portal behind her with the limb's obstruction until she'd made her armspan in unimpeded distance.

Mist's right ear flicks in response to Gregg's gaze, pulling his attention from the developing wounds. There's a moment of hesitation as he glances back, then he quickly shakes his head and begins an almost forced march towards the mountain demon. Any form of body language or stance is now buried under the layer of wisping shadow, leaving only glowing red eyes paired with gleaming fangs and claws to mark the form.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg chuckles once he realizes what Tigress is doing. Unfortunately, it's not like your standard door and upon trying again, she'd find that the portal simply closes, leaving her hand attached to her body and an identical portal in her path as the pattern had shown. Another portal opens up just outside her field of vision with it's sibling opening up near Mist. Gregg motions to Mist with his head about where the two connect.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ted nods at the colonel in understanding and watches the show with interest with his middle head while the right focuses on eating.
"You forget, Julian, that I can fix your face." the left head points out.
"Question for you though. Under what circumstances would you say lethal force is absolutely necessary? And would you be capable of using it if need be? Tough question so take your time to think about it if you like."

~~~~~~~~
"Wow, you two are violent!" Ryan jokes.
"Me? I never did anything like that. Worst I ever did was to use my power to explode the bully's toilet on him. After he used it, of course. Not that anyone ever had any idea it was me."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49 pm Julian chuckled lightly. "Believe it or not, Colonel, I appreciate that." He nodded to the battle. "I've been on the outside, hiding, for quite some time. Now, it seems I'm not. I can state unequivocally that I have no intention of using anything akin to lethal force unless absolutely necessary but knowing does not mean using, just the capability to counter it. Also, I appreciate being left out of this one as I have a date tonight for the first time in... the first time." He grimaced. "It'd be hard to try and enjoy that with close memories of fists smashing me in the face."
"Good. Despite what most people think, and despite how a lot of cops and soldiers act, people like us aren't SUPPOSED to use lethal force unless necessary. Cops and SWAT are SUPPOSED to bring people in alive, and soldiers aren't supposed to be executioners. But when it's your life and the lives of the people around you, or their life? That's when it's considered necessary. Knees and arms are too hard to hit, and a missed shot can cost lives. But then, that's with guns. You guys won't be carrying guns. They can't really be scaled up to Kaiju size; the materials would collapse under their own weight."

Heather checked her clock, then turned up the volume. "ONE MINUTE REMAINING!" she called out before addressing Julian again. "Anyway, congratulations on the date. Who's the lucky lady/guy/otherwise?" she asked.

-----------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 am "Wow, you two are violent!" Ryan jokes.
"Me? I never did anything like that. Worst I ever did was to use my power to explode the bully's toilet on him. After he used it, of course. Not that anyone ever had any idea it was me."
"I'd hardly consider three confrontations with bullies over the course of 80 years to be a pattern of violence." Wildfire chuckled. "Also, eww. That's pretty gross, dude." the dragon laughed.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:42 pm Gregg chuckles once he realizes what Tigress is doing. Unfortunately, it's not like your standard door and upon trying again, she'd find that the portal simply closes, leaving her hand attached to her body and an identical portal in her path as the pattern had shown. Another portal opens up just outside her field of vision with it's sibling opening up near Mist. Gregg motions to Mist with his head about where the two connect.
The next portal's appearance immediately disturbs her, her hackles raising and mouth snapping open as though to shout - only to pull her arm back up and notice her hand is still attached. She settles for an annoyed growl instead, clearly biting back whatever she was about to yell as starts stomping along the serpentine path again.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:40 pm Heather checked her clock, then turned up the volume. "ONE MINUTE REMAINING!" she called out before addressing Julian again. "Anyway, congratulations on the date. Who's the lucky lady/guy/otherwise?" she asked.
Both Rakshasa are clearly pressured by the announcement, Mist, itching for some involvement, and Tigress, growing more frustrated as her slow progress denies a full minute of wrecking things. At that moment their actions seem to synchronize, the pair falling into an accidental choreography built from weeks of predictable combat.
As the announcement ends, Mist drops his head, holding a hand over his chest for a sense of his heartbeat. A few deep breaths fall in a forced rhythm as he tries to follow Julian's earlier advice and keep perfectly calm. Any more progress from Tigress and she'd be upon them - even without momentum, her arriving at the town would be a problem hard to remedy. | Tigress, harried by Gregg's (now constant) indirect combat, decides to try yet another tactic. She was only a few quick steps from the city, but if she took forever to get there it would be pointless. Her stance shifts to use the portal as cover momentarily, pulling her hands together as she prepares her last idea, covering the sounds of bones shattering and shifting with another earth-shaking roar - this one cutting short, held nowhere near as long as the previous few.

Mist snaps to attention just as the roar ends, his trailing shadows whipping at the air behind him as he throws himself through the portal. Having noticed Tigress hiding directly behind it, his hope is to throw his full weight at her legs and crash her through it. As such, his rapid entrance leads to an equally speedy exit, which, in the space of a single step, transitions into a pounce and then a diving tackle without any major mistakes. It isn't until he slams into the ground at the beginning of the valley that he's realized something is wrong, but between the disorientation from instant transport and the sudden violent pain that results from slamming his full force into his buckled arms he's in no immediate shape to figure it out, and simply pushes himself upright with an unsteady awkwardness at he tries to get his bearings.

Mist's tackle was adequately aimed, even accounting for the shadowy non-matter replacing his outer flesh, but it was aimed at the legs of a 330' mountain demon, not his 6' Zoomorph mother, who hit the ground running and began a full sprint through the grass. With such true aim, Mist flew over the head of Tigress and through Gregg's roadblock, throwing him out of the combat zone instead. Knowing that she was practically invisible in the grass as anyone with Fieldsight would attest, Tigress again took to the reckless charge, a victorious smile leading her path.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Her name's Tracie," Julian said, deciding to answer the important question first as it made him smile. "She's a stunning Vixen, way out of my 'weight class'. Runs the Coffee kiosk where I w... where I worked." He sighed pleasantly. "Been planning to ask her out for months. This morning, she asked me. Quite a weird day, eh?" He glanced over to the Doctor as the others continued their fight. "And the answer, Doc, is when I can't think of anything else to try that'll work. Which is why, if I'm going to put myself closer to harm - and get my licences sorted out - I need more options" He looked to the training. "Wanna call it just before Miss Invisible gets there" he asked mischievously.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg watched the scene in front of him unfold as Mist tackled a...nothing? He closed the portals and looked around, quickly zeroing in on the movement through the grass that was almost blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes. Smart, he admitted as he opened a portal near Tigress, though this one didn't seem to have a sibling this time around. He took a breath in and exhaled, a black fog-like substance filling the space around Tigress and rapidly expanded to cover the area she was near. To someone that small it would simply be black, an impenetrable fog that allowed not even the sun to shine through. After a couple of seconds of standing in it, Tigress would find her energy starting to wane, perhaps slowly for someone of her might though, but a noticeable drain nonetheless. After a few more seconds, Gregg reached through the portal and made a swipe at Tigress, intending to drag her back into it. He was accurate, but size does matter.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:54 pm "Her name's Tracie," Julian said, deciding to answer the important question first as it made him smile. "She's a stunning Vixen, way out of my 'weight class'. Runs the Coffee kiosk where I w... where I worked." He sighed pleasantly. "Been planning to ask her out for months. This morning, she asked me. Quite a weird day, eh?" He glanced over to the Doctor as the others continued their fight. "And the answer, Doc, is when I can't think of anything else to try that'll work. Which is why, if I'm going to put myself closer to harm - and get my licences sorted out - I need more options" He looked to the training. "Wanna call it just before Miss Invisible gets there" he asked mischievously.
"It would neither be fair nor in the spirit of training for me to call it off early." Heather said, keeping an eye on her watch. "What time is your date? I should know when I need to have you back in the city by."

Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... One... Heather counted down in her head before calling out "TIME'S UP! CONGRATULATIONS MIST AND GREG! ALL THREE OF YOU, GATHER AROUND MY POSITION!" on the intercom. The sirens shut off, and the training ended.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian wished there was something he felt comfortable enough leaning on as he kinda felt a bit dreamy right now. He really felt like shifting down but he wasn't sure if Heather's system would be able to hear him that far away. "Southern gate beach Sandwich shop at Seven, Colonel," he said, wondering if she'd monitored his call earlier. Well, she might have. Military did that, didn't they?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 pm Gregg watched the scene in front of him unfold as Mist tackled a...nothing? He closed the portals and looked around, quickly zeroing in on the movement through the grass that was almost blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes. Smart, he admitted as he opened a portal near Tigress, though this one didn't seem to have a sibling this time around. He took a breath in and exhaled, a black fog-like substance filling the space around Tigress and rapidly expanded to cover the area she was near. To someone that small it would simply be black, an impenetrable fog that allowed not even the sun to shine through. After a couple of seconds of standing in it, Tigress would find her energy starting to wane, perhaps slowly for someone of her might though, but a noticeable drain nonetheless.
With normal vision, someone in Tigress's position would be surrounded by pure darkness. Rather than that, all of Tigress's senses immediately lit off - nose, hands, eyes burning, her hearing full of only the pounding of her panicked heart as the toxic taste filled her mouth and lungs. Various obscenities fill her thoughts before her training kicks back in. There was something all around her, not something she could identify exactly, but something Ruinous. As a Shield-class Rakshasa, her power turned what should've been yet another annoyance into a mortally dangerous situation, and she had to respond quickly. The fog immediately around her begins to rush towards her and filter into her coat as she drops to her knees coughing, shutting her eyes tightly, and covering her mouth with one hand while crawling forward with the other. Her improper air filter does little to help, but with her full form trying to pull in the Ruin around her, treating it like smoke in a house fire does even less. It quickly neutralizes her inherent Life Energy, rapidly disrupting her movements and thoughts as the mass of fog visibly begins to dissipate into her.
Deske wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 pm After a few more seconds, Gregg reached through the portal and made a swipe at Tigress, intending to drag her back into it. He was accurate, but size does matter.
By the time Gregg's hand sweeps through Tigress's progress has stopped entirely, her nervous system paralyzed by the Kaiju-level powers capsizing her Zoomorph-size Aura pools. Even with the natural resilience there's not enough left of her energy to give any resistance, and she's left nearly limp in his grip with her eyes gently shut and breathing slow and shallow. A pained wince is left on her face, reacting slightly as she's pulled through, but other than a pitiful attempt at a blind twist against the pressure there's little to show she's aware of her surroundings.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:31 pm "It would neither be fair nor in the spirit of training for me to call it off early." Heather said, keeping an eye on her watch. "What time is your date? I should know when I need to have you back in the city by."

Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... One... Heather counted down in her head before calling out "TIME'S UP! CONGRATULATIONS MIST AND GREG! ALL THREE OF YOU, GATHER AROUND MY POSITION!" on the intercom. The sirens shut off, and the training ended.
...until Heather's announcement rings clear, eliciting slurred Yasal curses from the poisoned 'Rogue'. Mist, now left behind at Tigress's initial position and having contributed nothing he considers worthwhile, bites back his own creative response as he begins the walk back, showing no real haste in his return.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:40 pm
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 am "Wow, you two are violent!" Ryan jokes.
"I'd hardly consider three confrontations with bullies over the course of 80 years to be a pattern of violence." Wildfire chuckled. "Also, eww. That's pretty gross, dude." the dragon laughed.
"I'm with Wildfire here, Ryan. That is disgusting," Mordecai replied, though not laughing like how the dragon was, "And truth? That was the only time I ever got violent."