Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Colonel," Julian said, casually getting out from the car. "See you in a minute, guys," he 'joked before taking a short wander before getting ready to shift.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:48 am "Come to think of it, Wildfire, he did miss lunch both at Fredrick's and at Giovanni's." Ryan points out.
"Where are you ordering from, Mordecai?" the sea otter asks, leading the group back to the lounge.
"There's a really nice place a few blocks away. Most tourists don't know it because it's a little out of the way and in an alley but it does the best pizza and freshest pasta you'll ever taste. I always get the Pizza Pescatore which has shrimp, squid, mussels and rocket. The shop's called Fratelli Fettuccine, The Fettuccine Brothers. Ironically it's run by a pair of sisters." If Mordecai searches for the restaurant on his phone he'll find the logo of a grinning, potbellied monk holding a plate of pasta on one hand and a pizza on the other, making the other joke in the name clear.
"Ted quite likes their Pizza Capricciosa, minus the ham of course. That comes with mozzarella, tomato, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives."
"Uh...I'm ordering from Pizza Hut," Mordecai replied, reaching for his wallet, "Was going to go with Dominos, but I just remembered that Pizza Hut has a special going on and I'd like to take advantage of it. I will need your address though." As he brought his wallet out, he added, "What are you guys into? I'm ordering a Supreme for myself, but they also got Meat Lovers, Pepperoni, Cheese, Hawaiian Chicken, and Veggie Lovers, to name a few. I'll also get us some breadsticks as well."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:28 pm Mordecai shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, my meal schedule may seem odd to you: Breakfast at 7am, followed by Lunch at 11am or 12pm (depending on my mood), then dinner at 2:30 or 3, followed by tea at 5pm. Just how I've been, to be honest." He then reached for his phone, "So? What pizza are you guys into? I usually just go Supreme or Meat Lovers."
"I'm a dragon." Wildfire said, flashing a sharp-toothed grin. "Meat lovers all the way. Extra meat if possible. Though some places have specialty pizzas I like, like cheeseburger pizza and seafood pizza..." He thought for a moment. He didn't even know where they were getting the pizza from, so he didn't really know what they had...
Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:48 am "Come to think of it, Wildfire, he did miss lunch both at Fredrick's and at Giovanni's." Ryan points out.
"Where are you ordering from, Mordecai?" the sea otter asks, leading the group back to the lounge.
"There's a really nice place a few blocks away. Most tourists don't know it because it's a little out of the way and in an alley but it does the best pizza and freshest pasta you'll ever taste. I always get the Pizza Pescatore which has shrimp, squid, mussels and rocket. The shop's called Fratelli Fettuccine, The Fettuccine Brothers. Ironically it's run by a pair of sisters." If Mordecai searches for the restaurant on his phone he'll find the logo of a grinning, potbellied monk holding a plate of pasta on one hand and a pizza on the other, making the other joke in the name clear.
"Ted quite likes their Pizza Capricciosa, minus the ham of course. That comes with mozzarella, tomato, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives."
"Got to say, that all sounds really good..." Wildfire said, feeling his stomach growl.
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 am "Uh...I'm ordering from Pizza Hut," Mordecai replied, reaching for his wallet, "Was going to go with Dominos, but I just remembered that Pizza Hut has a special going on and I'd like to take advantage of it. I will need your address though." As he brought his wallet out, he added, "What are you guys into? I'm ordering a Supreme for myself, but they also got Meat Lovers, Pepperoni, Cheese, Hawaiian Chicken, and Veggie Lovers, to name a few. I'll also get us some breadsticks as well."
"Oh..." The dragon shuffled uncomfortably. "Pizza hut might not be a great idea... I'm actually banned from several of their locations. They really go heavy on the oil in their pizza, and... well... oil is flammable..."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:33 am "Of course, Colonel," Julian said, casually getting out from the car. "See you in a minute, guys," he 'joked before taking a short wander before getting ready to shift.
Heather followed Julian part of the way, but let him wander out further than she went. She kept him in sight and waited for him to shift. She would never get used to being the smallest person in the area...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian sighed slightly and let himself flow upward and in all directions up to his full height. He almost spoke but recalled the Colonel wouldn't be able to hear him now so he knelt down as gently as he could and put out a hand for Heather to climb up on so he could lift her to his shoulder.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:10 pm "Oh..." The dragon shuffled uncomfortably. "Pizza hut might not be a great idea... I'm actually banned from several of their locations. They really go heavy on the oil in their pizza, and... well... oil is flammable..."
A few images flashed in Mordecai's head briefly before nodding, "That case, we'll go with Dominos," coughing briefly to stifling a bit of laughter from a image in his head, "Think I'll order us a meat, veggie, deluxe, and that philly cheese steak one, since we all seem hungrier than Taz. Anything else you guys want? They got some cinnamon bread twists and pasta dishes as well."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg stepped out and stretched, a large smile creasing his face as he takes in the secluded area, "Man it's been a while since I've really gotten outdoors. I should go camping again sometime." He watches Julian and Heather head off and nearly leaves himself, before the to-go boxes in the back of the truck catch his eye. He looks out over the forest, just barely catching a glimpse of ears between the tree leaves and, after a bit of back and forth with himself, decides to pick up the boxes and bring them to the Doc. A mid-afternoon snack, he rationalizes, before vanishing into a portal takeout boxes and all. A few moments pass before he reappears again in the same spot, stepping carefully out of another portal, skin dark as the void, accented by the blue flames that adorn his skull and the faint blue glow coming from his chest.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

With her short burst of speed, Tigress's distance is eventually deemed ample and she stops on the edge of the mock town. Her breathing slowly deepens, excitement building as she scans her immediate surroundings for anything she might break by accident. After the taste of freedom in the doctor's office, she just couldn't wait any longer. The KDF was something, sure, and the idea of safety... well, that needed a lot more contemplation and testing. But this, this time, this place, these people, this moment was simple. Straightforward. Her gift was storing energy, but the thrill was always in the release.

An almost manic smile paints the former Yaksas's face, her stance stiff as she breaths in the (semi)forested air. It wasn't home by a long shot, but it would do. The exhale sends shivers through her body, both arms crossing in front of her chest as she slowly taps each claw onto her opposite forearm. There's no more hesitation, just her monstrous roar as her hands draw down the lengths and fly back, head flicking upwards as the slight energy she'd stolen from Mist in the diner lightly frosts the ground. With that final matter resolved her form rockets upwards, her various battle scars regrowing into the thick pelt while the bones of her hands crack and shift into the reversed form expected of the Rakshasa.

Once it finally ends she lurches forward slightly, regaining her awareness and balance quickly to keep from toppling into the buildings. The smile tempers itself as she quickly inspects her arms, locking them over her head to finish her full stretch. With a quick clearing of her throat she calls happily "Doc! Are you joining the bout?"

----------
Mist watches silently, trying to calm himself before the moment arrived. Shifting always disturbed him. Not the pain, the weird detached feeling of it, but more how he was someone so different afterward. He could never recognize himself. Still, there wasn't much to be helped there. This was his curse, after all, and hiding it didn't work. Better to find a way to use it than let it grow out of control.

The massive roar shakes him from his unaware state, pushing him to clear some space from the van. "Alright..." He mumbles under his breath. His head tilts downwards, stance stiff as he closes his eyes. Both ears pin back, his tail flicking violently behind him as his own shadow begins to twitch, grow, seethe up from the ground, slowly bubbling up an inch, two. His energy affinity - the one he lost control of - would always be part of him. The touch of the seeping darkness causes a freezing numbness in his ankles, seeping through his shoes to sear every nerve ending it could reach. Automatically he grits his teeth, balling his hands into fists as he recites his improvised mantra. It wasn't anything complex, nothing traditional, nothing special. Just a bit of comfort.

"Life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes..." The shadow fluid leaps upwards, curling overhead in a roiling black semicircle. No sound pierces, no light, no senses at all register his own voice. The pool of shadow continues to grow, threatening to drown him in the silent space as it paralyzes more and more.

"...well that's fine by me." Then the plunge as it all caves in, leaving nothing in his place. All that exists is cold and darkness. Seconds pass in this frozen wasteland before the shadow geysers upwards, showering outwards to form the mage's limbs and muzzle, like a statue of obsidian where his form should be. Then it begins to peel off, the shadows evaporating into grey steam and leaving the gaunt tower of Mist's Kaiju form in their place. Slowly the crimson eyes open, taking in the area and itself with a mute curiosity.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Luckily for Mist, the doctor does spot him and returns the wave. He decides to wait by the building in order to give the others space to shift and all three heads smile a little at Tigress' exuberant roar.

"I think I'd better stay out of any fighting so I can put you all back together again." Lightfoot answers.
"It's good to see you looking happy though!" adds another head.

~~~~~~~~
"Ooh, definitely get those garlic and parmesan twists. Those are good!" Ryan enthuses before giving Mordecai the address.
"Tell them to come to the front desk when they arrive and we'll come down to them. I'll just give the desk a buzz to let them know to expect the delivery." the otter says, crossing to the phone in the corner of the kitchen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:35 am "Ooh, definitely get those garlic and parmesan twists. Those are good!" Ryan enthuses before giving Mordecai the address.
"Tell them to come to the front desk when they arrive and we'll come down to them. I'll just give the desk a buzz to let them know to expect the delivery." the otter says, crossing to the phone in the corner of the kitchen.
Mordecai thanks Ryan, taking the piece of paper with the address into his hands as he called up Domino's. After a few seconds, he began placing the order for the trio, along with ordering two bottles of soda, then hands the said the address. "OK, pizza's on the way," Mordecai told the duo as he hung up, "Was a bit expensive but seeing as we're hungry and I really haven't ate at all? I think it was worth it."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg glanced in the direction of the roar, 'grinning' slightly at Tigress' transformation. His attention shifts to the inky black void of Mist's for a bit, making a mental note to ask him about the shadows later, and why it looked so different from his mother's. After a moment he slips into another portal and steps out into a space next to the doctor. "I-I-I must admit I'm not much of a fighter either. B-B-But I guess that'll probably have to change with this new job." he said, his voice accompanied by the preverb inherent with his speech. His "eyebrows" furrowed slightly before raising, with his "ears" falling back slightly, "I-I-I'll probably have to take lessons from Tigress. O-O-Or another trainer." He gave a small shrug before his ears suddenly snapped to attention "O-O-Oh, I brought your left overs as well," he said, reaching into a portal and pulling out a bag with the restaurants name stamped on it. "D-D-Didn't know if you were planning on riding back or running back," he continued as he held the bag out to the doctor.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:18 pm Julian sighed slightly and let himself flow upward and in all directions up to his full height. He almost spoke but recalled the Colonel wouldn't be able to hear him now so he knelt down as gently as he could and put out a hand for Heather to climb up on so he could lift her to his shoulder.
Heather stood back as Julian shot up in height. She was used to this, so it clearly didn't phase her when he bent down and held out his hand. The Colonel climbed up onto his finger and crouched down on the fox's palm while Julian moved her up to his shoulder. She kicked back and held on tight to his now colossal shirt as he approached the mock town and training site. While Julian walked, Heather pulled a full face helmet and a loudspeaker out of the backpack she brought along with her (that I forgot to mention... >.> )

Heather fiddled with a knob on the headset and the speaker.
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:35 am Luckily for Mist, the doctor does spot him and returns the wave. He decides to wait by the building in order to give the others space to shift and all three heads smile a little at Tigress' exuberant roar.

"I think I'd better stay out of any fighting so I can put you all back together again." Lightfoot answers.
"It's good to see you looking happy though!" adds another head.
Heather spoke, and her voice emerged from the speaker. It was much deeper, and much louder, than her natural voice. It was the voice of a Kaiju, and a voice only Kaiju could hear. "That'd be a smart idea, Doctor." Heather said. Apparently, whatever was in her helmet converted Kaiju voices into a frequency she could hear. "Now, this is where you will do most of your fight training." she announced to everyone, standing up to her full height on Julian's shoulder. She was tiny compared to the others, but she made it very clear from her posture to her tone that she was still the one in charge. "Let me be clear that this is mostly where you will be doing tactical training. Strategies. Practicing with your abilities if you have them. These buildings, while fake, do take time and money to construct, so don't just go demolishing them for the fun of it." Her helmeted head turned towards Tigress, then back again before she continued. "That said, this isn't just a training ground. It's a testing ground. The KDF has been working on construction materials and structural reinforcements designed to allow buildings to withstand blows from even Leviathans, so even if you do break something we just take notes and build it back stronger."

-------------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:21 pm A few images flashed in Mordecai's head briefly before nodding, "That case, we'll go with Dominos," coughing briefly to stifling a bit of laughter from a image in his head, "Think I'll order us a meat, veggie, deluxe, and that philly cheese steak one, since we all seem hungrier than Taz. Anything else you guys want? They got some cinnamon bread twists and pasta dishes as well."
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:35 am "Ooh, definitely get those garlic and parmesan twists. Those are good!" Ryan enthuses before giving Mordecai the address.
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 am Mordecai thanks Ryan, taking the piece of paper with the address into his hands as he called up Domino's. After a few seconds, he began placing the order for the trio, along with ordering two bottles of soda, then hands the said the address. "OK, pizza's on the way," Mordecai told the duo as he hung up, "Was a bit expensive but seeing as we're hungry and I really haven't ate at all? I think it was worth it."
"Pizza is always worth it." Wildfire said. "Except for Pizza Hut. That's worth the price, just not worth the fireballs..."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian thought of several things to say but figured the others would ask if far more intelligent terms so he figured he'd test something else first. Deliberately not looking at the Colonel in case he somehow blew her off his shoulder when he spoke he said 'done this before a lot, Colonel,' quietly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:21 pm Heather spoke, and her voice emerged from the speaker. It was much deeper, and much louder, than her natural voice. It was the voice of a Kaiju, and a voice only Kaiju could hear. "That'd be a smart idea, Doctor." Heather said. Apparently, whatever was in her helmet converted Kaiju voices into a frequency she could hear. "Now, this is where you will do most of your fight training." she announced to everyone, standing up to her full height on Julian's shoulder. She was tiny compared to the others, but she made it very clear from her posture to her tone that she was still the one in charge. "Let me be clear that this is mostly where you will be doing tactical training. Strategies. Practicing with your abilities if you have them. These buildings, while fake, do take time and money to construct, so don't just go demolishing them for the fun of it." Her helmeted head turned towards Tigress, then back again before she continued. "That said, this isn't just a training ground. It's a testing ground. The KDF has been working on construction materials and structural reinforcements designed to allow buildings to withstand blows from even Leviathans, so even if you do break something we just take notes and build it back stronger."
Both felines immediately focus warily on the voice, though Tigress clearly has difficulty actually spotting Heather and eventually just decides to stare past him. There's a momentary smirk as Heather looks at her, despite being unaware of the attention, and they both give a silent nod once she finishes. "Next time then!" The tower of stripes cheers to the hare, a quick shrug thrown on the end.

Her gaze patrols the three remaining Kaiju, Mist standing there as though in a daze. His voice has lost the quiet, youthful tone to gain a mature and commanding quality and his stance is far more assured, despite the unnatural build and unfamiliar form. "A testing ground? Lucky me." Though the distracted look doesn't fade, he seems to snap back to reality as he faces the monster twice his size, not bothering to look all the way up at her face. "Gregg? How does a two-versus-one sit with you? I don't mean to exclude you, Mister Julian, but with the pacifism I assume you aren't as eager. You're welcome to join though." Mist's arms cross, a cocky smile matching the excited flick of his tail behind him. His confidence is seemingly unearned, being practically a mirror image of the larger Rakshasa with visibly less muscle.

"Look who's ready to show off!" Tigress announces, a slight laugh to her remark as she looks down at her son. "I thought I'd have to push you to fight first, stir up some anger. Maybe bring up something about your new girlfriend?"

There's a moment where the smile fades as he tries to figure out what she means. Then his eyes seem to flash with murderous intent, the smile becoming fatal. Finally, he shrugs with a good-natured "Or maybe Mister Julian will need to hold me back."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg flinched at the sudden sound of Colonel Heather's voice suddenly transposed into Kaijuspeak, nearly dropping the leftovers as he did. He chuckled, "I-I-I knew she could do that and it still got me. I-I-I'll just set these here so that I don't fling them into the sky next time it happens," he said, setting the leftovers on the ground between him and Lightfoot. Listening to Heather explain the training area, he glances over the buildings she mentioned, making a note of where they were for future reference. He turned to face Mist at the mention of his name, looking between the smaller Rakshasa and the larger one a few times, "W-W-Well..." he paused on Tigress, looking her up and down before looking back over his shoulder at the Doc. He sighed, "L-L-Long as it's not permanent damage I guess it'll be fine," he says warily, stepping forward into another portal and disappearing, only to reappear from another one as he stepped out next to Mist. "S-S-So, what's the plan?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:21 pm "Pizza is always worth it." Wildfire said. "Except for Pizza Hut. That's worth the price, just not worth the fireballs..."
Mordecai chuckled at Wildfire's comment as he placed his phone on the kitchen's counter, glancing over at Ryan's CD collection then walking over to check it out. "Nice collection here," he commented, "You listen to classic rock?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:33 pm [...] He turned to face Mist at the mention of his name, looking between the smaller Rakshasa and the larger one a few times, "W-W-Well..." he paused on Tigress, looking her up and down before looking back over his shoulder at the Doc. He sighed, "L-L-Long as it's not permanent damage I guess it'll be fine," he says warily, stepping forward into another portal and disappearing, only to reappear from another one as he stepped out next to Mist. "S-S-So, what's the plan?"
Mist's attention is initially focused on their opponent, who's faking a yawn and continuing to stretch idly, until the odd voice suddenly switches sides. He jumps in shock, spinning to face Gregg. "Aa-oh, Gregg! That's... that's actually perfect." The mage's voice hushes, his head tilting downwards to keep his voice sheltered."Alright, so Gar- Tigress knows that I can't really do anything to her, with or without my 'magic'. Thankfully, this isn't a real fight. I'm going to start with some hand-to-hand basics, and whenever you sense an opening do whatever you can to knock her off balance. Making her lose her stance is victory enough to me. That, or... I think I have an idea of what she sees on you, so if you have any other surprises, light her up." He concludes with a careless grin.

"I doubt she'll try to actually hit you considering you look rather fragile, so even though she's definitely going to see through this I think she'll play along. Any concerns?" The Raksasa's stance shifts, a tension spreading through his muscles as he prepares for combat. "She won't do anything too rough, we spar regularly and I'm always fine."
Last edited by DdeeStar on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After listening to Mist talk, Julian spoke quietly to Heather again. "I don't like the sound of that," he confided. "Either she's not as good as she's been saying or she's been holding back and someone's going to get hurt..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

If he could have frowned he would have, but he had to settle for pulling his "ears" back in mild annoyance. "F-F-Fragile." he huffed. "W-W-Whatever." He shook his head. "Y-Y-You aren't really giving me good feelings about not getting hurt too bad while doing this," Gregg said, continuing to eye Tigress as he spoke. His head shifted nearly imperceptibly towards Mist. "Y-Y-You'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you about that."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:43 am"O-O-Oh, I brought your left overs as well," he said, reaching into a portal and pulling out a bag with the restaurants name stamped on it. "D-D-Didn't know if you were planning on riding back or running back," he continued as he held the bag out to the doctor.
"Perfect, thanks!" enthuses Lightfoot's right head, taking the bag and tucking in as the other two heads pay attention to the other Kaiju and the Colonel.
"Although it's hardly leftovers since I didn't even get to start it at the restaurant. And yeah, that helmet makes me jump every time too. You'd be surprised how scary the Colonel can be despite being human. I'd fight a Kaiju over her any day!"

The Tinners' Hare's large ears easily pick up Julian's whispers, but he doesn't directly address the fox, not wanting to embarrass him. Instead, his middle head answers the hellhound.
"Well, remember I'm a doctor. And I have some powers. I can heal any bruises, sprains, or contusions. Just try not to break bones or rip limbs off, okay?"

The left head tilts as he realises something.
"Do any of you have code names or nicknames you use in Kaiju form, by the way? We're safe enough here if you don't, but if you join the KDF then you'll need a name to protect yourself. Lightfoot isn't my real name, for instance, only my code name."

~~~~~~~~
"I like your fire though, Wildfire, as long as it's outside. I always wondered if we could change its colour by giving you different foods or alcoholic drinks though." Ryan admits.
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:18 pm Mordecai chuckled at Wildfire's comment as he placed his phone on the kitchen's counter, glancing over at Ryan's CD collection then walking over to check it out. "Nice collection here," he commented, "You listen to classic rock?"
"I do. I listen to a bit of everything, really, but I love a bit of rock. I always think it sounds better on vinyl than CD though." Despite saying this, Ryan slips a CD into the stereo system and plays an energetic, if unconvincing, air guitar, mouthing along with the lyrics as "Hot Blooded" blasts from the speakers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:14 am "I like your fire though, Wildfire, as long as it's outside. I always wondered if we could change its colour by giving you different foods or alcoholic drinks though." Ryan admits.
"I do. I listen to a bit of everything, really, but I love a bit of rock. I always think it sounds better on vinyl than CD though." Despite saying this, Ryan slips a CD into the stereo system and plays an energetic, if unconvincing, air guitar, mouthing along with the lyrics as "Hot Blooded" blasts from the speakers.
"I do like your tastes here; Bon Jovi, Bob Seger, Foreigner, Styx, Van Halen, Meat Loaf. I applaud your tastes," Mordecai replies, laughing at Ryan "Van Halen's" air guitar skills, 'fore looking back at the CD collection and nodding along with Foreigner, "And, yeah, you can never beat vinyl. I have quite a collection of vinyl records at my house. Got bands like WASP, Def Leppard, Charlie Daniels...every Meat Loaf album out there which, funny enough? I've been called Meat Loaf by many cause of how I tend to dress a lot. What about you, Wildfire?" he turned his attention to Wildfire as he looked over a Van Halen CD, "What do you listen to?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:22 pm After listening to Mist talk, Julian spoke quietly to Heather again. "I don't like the sound of that," he confided. "Either she's not as good as she's been saying or she's been holding back and someone's going to get hurt..."
"This isn't official training." Heather said, standing up on Julian's shoulder and latching the loudspeaker to her belt. "You don't have to participate. But that's why we brought the doctor. I'll be around, keeping an eye on things."

Without another word, Heather stepped forward and jumped off of Julian's shoulder. She immediately threw out her arm and a cable shot from under her sleeve. It latched onto the massive fox's arm, and Heather swung under it. The cable retracted as she swung, slingshotting her into the air high above Julian's head. She flipped, then pulled a cable on her uniform once she reached the apex of her flight. Her uniform tightened on her sides, and flaps extended between her arms and legs.

Heather glided away for a short distance before dipping to the side and circling around one of the taller buildings. She soared above Mist's head, shot out her cable at the corner of one of the buildings, then transitioned smoothly from gliding back to swinging. She once again retracted the cable, causing her to shoot upwards above the building. She pulled another cable which deployed a parachute, and she landed on the fake building's upper levels with a hard thud and a grunt as her legs buckled.

"I will monitor the training from above and from in the thick of it. Your non-Kaiju partners will train to fight primarily through support and tactical disruption, so you will have to learn to work with little guys flying and moving around you."

-------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:12 am "I do like your tastes here; Bon Jovi, Bob Seger, Foreigner, Styx, Van Halen, Meat Loaf. I applaud your tastes," Mordecai replies, laughing at Ryan "Van Halen's" air guitar skills, 'fore looking back at the CD collection and nodding along with Foreigner, "And, yeah, you can never beat vinyl. I have quite a collection of vinyl records at my house. Got bands like WASP, Def Leppard, Charlie Daniels...every Meat Loaf album out there which, funny enough? I've been called Meat Loaf by many cause of how I tend to dress a lot. What about you, Wildfire?" he turned his attention to Wildfire as he looked over a Van Halen CD, "What do you listen to?"
"Well..." Wildfire rubbed the back of his head, a little embarrassed. "Lyrics matter to me just as much as melody and rhythm, so I don't really have a type or genre I prefer... Though there are some songs I like. A little on the nose, but..." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened a music application. He turned the volume up, then galloping guitar beats sounded as "Dragons Rising" starts playing and Wildfire starts banging his head to the beat, flames shooting out of his nostrils.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:09 pm "Well..." Wildfire rubbed the back of his head, a little embarrassed. "Lyrics matter to me just as much as melody and rhythm, so I don't really have a type or genre I prefer... Though there are some songs I like. A little on the nose, but..." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened a music application. He turned the volume up, then galloping guitar beats sounded as "Dragons Rising" starts playing and Wildfire starts banging his head to the beat, flames shooting out of his nostrils.
Mordecai stood there, holding the Bob Seger CD, in awe at Wildfire's impressive metal display. "I see where Rammstein got their stage acts from!" he said half-jokingly/half-seriously, "I don't mind head banging myself - give me some old school WASP or Motley Crue and I'll go to town, so to speak, but that? Pretty sure even Smaug himself would be jealous."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:30 am If he could have frowned he would have, but he had to settle for pulling his "ears" back in mild annoyance. "F-F-Fragile." he huffed. "W-W-Whatever." He shook his head. "Y-Y-You aren't really giving me good feelings about not getting hurt too bad while doing this," Gregg said, continuing to eye Tigress as he spoke. His head shifted nearly imperceptibly towards Mist. "Y-Y-You'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you about that."
The Raksasa's demeanor suddenly turns cold, no verbal or particularly visible sign preceding the sudden "Then don't. I invited you to join me. If you shifted just so you could talk weird, I'm sure Julian will be happy to oblige." He takes a loose fighting stance, watching his mother closely.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:09 pm "I will monitor the training from above and from in the thick of it. Your non-Kaiju partners will train to fight primarily through support and tactical disruption, so you will have to learn to work with little guys flying and moving around you."
Tigress watches the Colonel fly through the air with innocent amusement, still unable to focus on her any more than she would a gnat. Coupled with the far more lively forest background, most of her direction is just based on the sound, but the struggle doesn't seem to bother her. With a single laugh she responds "Oh right, partners. Hey, do they have to wear high-vis clothes like we do on the worksites?" The gaudy neon jackets enforced by the safety protocols were barely visible to her, but on-site the rustling noises had often revealed coworkers before they were within sight anyway.
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:14 am The left head tilts as he realises something.
"Do any of you have code names or nicknames you use in Kaiju form, by the way? We're safe enough here if you don't, but if you join the KDF then you'll need a name to protect yourself. Lightfoot isn't my real name, for instance, only my code name."
The towering Raksasi doesn't seem to even notice Lightfoot speaking until near the end, her stance turning to watch the two converse. Her head tilts to the side, eyes staring off into the fake city as she ponders something - only to snap to attention as a combat yell bursts from her side, the mage ending a leap with two claws raking down the side of her leg. Immediately he jumps back, glaring up at her, only for her to smirk and challenge "Oh, we're fighting dirty now?" She glances down at her side, Mist jumping backwards automatically as she reaches to dust off the wound. His claws clearly didn't fully pierce, leaving only an irritated pelt where he tore at her. "For shame, Mist." She teases.

"You should always be aware of -" The teen doesn't get to finish his hard-earned lesson as Tigress's tail sweeps around and broadsides him. He stumbles a few steps over to keep on his feet, dropping back into his defensive pose and clawing at the retreating appendage with a wordless growl as his mentor bites down her soft giggling.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian watched Heather 'play' and smirked wryly. "Show-off," he said. "Can I get one of those? Call me something like... Dove?" He kept a close eye on the combat.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg stared at Mist for a few seconds, once again slightly taken aback by this kids odd mood swings. He huffed and bent over, cleanly slicing through a tree with one of his claws. He slid his hand along the trunk, clearing it of branches before sharpening the ends of it to create a makeshift spear. Testing it's weight in his hands, he brought it up to his shoulder and stepped forward, pivoting his back foot and snapping his upper body forward. A properly timed release had the tree heading more or less on course for Tigress.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

One of the advantages to having three heads is that one can focus on three things at once. Lightfoot does this now, watching the food, the fighting and Gregg carving the tree. All three heads look on in horror as the hellhound throws the spear though. The hare knows he can't outrun it despite his super speed so he prepares himself for a major healing and prays for a non-lethal shot.

~~~~~~~~
Ryan unthinkingly and enthusiastically dances past the dragon and then turns to look at the display, a faint line of smoke trailing unnoticed from his tailtip.
"Heh, you should see him when he really let's go in full Kaiju form, Mordecai. Put it this way. There's a very good reason he's called Wildfi- YAAAH!"

The sea otter pirouettes a few times before catching his tail and blowing out the small flame that had finally burned its way through the thick fur and down to the skin.
"Ow." he says, crossing to the kitchen and running the tailtip under the sink.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Impulsively, Julian moved to help Mist back to his feet and watched as the missile flew.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 pm Gregg stared at Mist for a few seconds, once again slightly taken aback by this kids odd mood swings. He huffed and bent over, cleanly slicing through a tree with one of his claws. He slid his hand along the trunk, clearing it of branches before sharpening the ends of it to create a makeshift spear. Testing it's weight in his hands, he brought it up to his shoulder and stepped forward, pivoting his back foot and snapping his upper body forward. A properly timed release had the tree heading more or less on course for Tigress.
"Code names..." Tigress mumbles, vaguely watching Mist as she considers the idea. She gives a slight huff, as though just trying to figure out the concept was hard, before suddenly snapping to attention. Something more interesting was happening off to her side, judging from everyone's shocked stares. Her turn is slow, casual; it isn't until the last moment that she pulls her hand up, allowing the makeshift spear to lodge itself firmly in the center of her palm rather than her stomach. It raises to her neck as she inspects the handiwork. An oddly innocent smile takes her expression as she calmly pulls it out, leaving the substantial wound completely open, and calls "Points for creativity, Gregg. I'll give you that one free." The towering Raksasi suddenly stares down at the hellhound, adding "But push y-"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:59 am Impulsively, Julian moved to help Mist back to his feet and watched as the missile flew.
The tossed teen, both embarrassed and aggravated, deliberately ignores Julian's assistance, clambering to return to his stance with a muttered "Just leave me be." There's no hesitation as he prepares to strike again. This time, choosing to stay lower, he runs to her side while she's focused on Gregg, taking the opportunity to slash violently at her upper leg.

Mist doesn't make it more than halfway through the cut before Tigress's own hand swings at him, his reaction too late to fully dodge. Her (mostly blunt) swipe throws him backward, launching the unbalanced Kaiju off his feet and into the trees behind them, tearing the first line halfway out of the ground as they stop his momentum. "MIST. It's cute ONCE. If your job here is to BUG me you'll get the same treatment." He takes his time getting back up, still scowling rather than showing any sign of pain, though patches of his fur have begun to darken rapidly and his stance favors his left leg. Branches and leaves litter his pelt, but the anger in his eyes makes it clear he has no intention of stopping.

Tigress looks away as soon as her son is back on his feet, once more focused on Gregg. Her smile has faded completely, nothing but annoyance left in her glare. The playful cheer of her voice has faded completely, replaced by a challenging force. "Hit me again and I'm going to hit back. You got your handicap." As though just remembering she flexes the injured hand, movements seemingly unimpeded by the pierced flesh. "I'm not going to listen to people whining because I'm not just a punching bag."
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:32 pm Julian watched Heather 'play' and smirked wryly. "Show-off," he said. "Can I get one of those? Call me something like... Dove?" He kept a close eye on the combat.
"Sorry, Julian. These suits are for your non-Kaiju partners. There's a specific series of training they have to undergo in order to use this. Took me years of working alongside Wildfire to get comfortable with gliding around like that." Heather said, watching the fight.
Deske wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 pm Gregg stared at Mist for a few seconds, once again slightly taken aback by this kids odd mood swings. He huffed and bent over, cleanly slicing through a tree with one of his claws. He slid his hand along the trunk, clearing it of branches before sharpening the ends of it to create a makeshift spear. Testing it's weight in his hands, he brought it up to his shoulder and stepped forward, pivoting his back foot and snapping his upper body forward. A properly timed release had the tree heading more or less on course for Tigress.
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:38 am "Code names..." Tigress mumbles, vaguely watching Mist as she considers the idea. She gives a slight huff, as though just trying to figure out the concept was hard, before suddenly snapping to attention. Something more interesting was happening off to her side, judging from everyone's shocked stares. Her turn is slow, casual; it isn't until the last moment that she pulls her hand up, allowing the makeshift spear to lodge itself firmly in the center of her palm rather than her stomach. It raises to her neck as she inspects the handiwork. An oddly innocent smile takes her expression as she calmly pulls it out, leaving the substantial wound completely open, and calls "Points for creativity, Gregg. I'll give you that one free." The towering Raksasi suddenly stares down at the hellhound, adding "But push y-"
Heather looked on alarmed at the thrown makeshift spear. Feeling relieved when Tigress blocked it, she snarled quietly and glared at Greg. "GREG! What the **** do you think you're doing?! This is a training exercise! You are not trying to actually hurt each other! If you're going to throw things, pick something that isn't capable of piercing vital organs! You're **** lucky Raksasi are tough as nails."
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:38 am The tossed teen, both embarrassed and aggravated, deliberately ignores Julian's assistance, clambering to return to his stance with a muttered "Just leave me be." There's no hesitation as he prepares to strike again. This time, choosing to stay lower, he runs to her side while she's focused on Gregg, taking the opportunity to slash violently at her upper leg.

Mist doesn't make it more than halfway through the cut before Tigress's own hand swings at him, his reaction too late to fully dodge. Her (mostly blunt) swipe throws him backward, launching the unbalanced Kaiju off his feet and into the trees behind them, tearing the first line halfway out of the ground as they stop his momentum. "MIST. It's cute ONCE. If your job here is to BUG me you'll get the same treatment." He takes his time getting back up, still scowling rather than showing any sign of pain, though patches of his fur have begun to darken rapidly and his stance favors his left leg. Branches and leaves litter his pelt, but the anger in his eyes makes it clear he has no intention of stopping.

Tigress looks away as soon as her son is back on his feet, once more focused on Gregg. Her smile has faded completely, nothing but annoyance left in her glare. The playful cheer of her voice has faded completely, replaced by a challenging force. "Hit me again and I'm going to hit back. You got your handicap." As though just remembering she flexes the injured hand, movements seemingly unimpeded by the pierced flesh. "I'm not going to listen to people whining because I'm not just a punching bag."
Heather, sensing danger, turned up the volume on her speakers. "ATTENTION!" She called to the recruits. "GREG! TIGRESS! ON MY POSITION! YOU TOO, DOCTOR LIGHTFOOT. Doc! Take care of Tigress's hand."

---------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:14 am Ryan unthinkingly and enthusiastically dances past the dragon and then turns to look at the display, a faint line of smoke trailing unnoticed from his tailtip.
"Heh, you should see him when he really let's go in full Kaiju form, Mordecai. Put it this way. There's a very good reason he's called Wildfi- YAAAH!"

The sea otter pirouettes a few times before catching his tail and blowing out the small flame that had finally burned its way through the thick fur and down to the skin.
"Ow." he says, crossing to the kitchen and running the tailtip under the sink.
Wildfire immediately stopped headbanging and set his phone down. "Sorry! Sorry! Here, let me just..." The dragon rushed over to Ryan. Green flames pulsed down his arm and gathered in his hand as he went. When he reached Ryan, he pressed the green flame to the otter's tail. The fire felt cool, less like fire and more like a kind of ointment. The flames 'soaked' into Ryan's skin, and the pain of the burn started to lessen. The fur started growing back where it had been burned off.

"I'm mostly known for the fire and lightning. People forget the other things I can do." the dragon commented.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:24 pm Wildfire immediately stopped headbanging and set his phone down. "Sorry! Sorry! Here, let me just..." The dragon rushed over to Ryan. Green flames pulsed down his arm and gathered in his hand as he went. When he reached Ryan, he pressed the green flame to the otter's tail. The fire felt cool, less like fire and more like a kind of ointment. The flames 'soaked' into Ryan's skin, and the pain of the burn started to lessen. The fur started growing back where it had been burned off.

"I'm mostly known for the fire and lightning. People forget the other things I can do." the dragon commented.
Watching Wildfire put out Ryan's tail, stopping him from evolving into a Charmander, Mordecai breathed a sigh of relief before letting loose a small giggle, "Well, at least I know who to call if we need a new Charmander!" he quipped, "In all seriousness, when people hear the word 'dragon', they tend to think fire and destruction. When one comes along that can heal, most will ignore it."

With the tail fire out and the pyro show over, Mordecai walked over to the fridge to find something to drink, namely a soda. "Say, what time do you think Ted will be here?" he asked as he pulled out a glass bottle of cream soda, effortlessly popping the lid off with just a flick of his thumb, "I think I ordered enough food so he could have some."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian tried not to wince as Heather made the command but made himself walk over to Mist. "Might I have a word with you, Mist? Please? After the Colonel has torn everyone off a strip? I may have noticed something that might help."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg watched Tigress flex her hand. "Oh no, I understood that when I decided to participate anyway. To be honest, I didn't expect a handicap in the first place," he said with a shrug. "I figured you woul-" he stopped as the Colonel started shouting orders at them, looking between her and Tigress. "Ah, well," he said as he slipped into another portal, stepping out next to the building Colonel Heather was standing on.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm Gregg watched Tigress flex her hand. "Oh no, I understood that when I decided to participate anyway. To be honest, I didn't expect a handicap in the first place," he said with a shrug. "I figured you woul-" he stopped as the Colonel started shouting orders at them, looking between her and Tigress. [...]
Tigress seems somewhat surprised by his response, the light anger simmering into a silently impressed smile. Naturally, she doesn't get a chance to respond bec-
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:24 pm [...] "ATTENTION!" She called to the recruits. "GREG! TIGRESS! ON MY POSITION! YOU TOO, DOCTOR LIGHTFOOT. Doc! Take care of Tigress's hand."
The warrior flinches slightly as Heather's voice bursts from the speakers, her defensive stance devolving unconsciously into a cowed march towards the building Heather roosts upon. Her protests are a weak "Colonel, it's just a splinter...", lacking any conviction. Gregg's sudden appearance catches her attention immediately, though it gets nothing as pronounced as Heather's shout - merely a soft "Sorry." as though they were students about to be lectured for her misconduct.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:10 pm Julian tried not to wince as Heather made the command but made himself walk over to Mist. "Might I have a word with you, Mist? Please? After the Colonel has torn everyone off a strip? I may have noticed something that might help."
Mist's response to the commands are far less pronounced, just an irritated glance towards the raucous building before focusing back on the approaching Colossus. For a brief moment his fangs flash, mouth contorting into a threatening scowl, then a moment of silence passes where it returns to a neutral expression with a deliberate huff as he corrects the unspoken and unnecessarily sharp response. "What's on your mind?" he asks, looking back at the newly bark-stripped trees leaning dangerously far backward. As he awaits the answer he begins to shift weight back onto the more damaged leg, gingerly at first but regaining a balanced stance in moments.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Julian started, a little uncertainly "I noticed how your mom's fighting. She's not just fighting physically," he admitted. "She's... She's using her words as weapons, see? In... in the fight, she's talking quite a bit, yeah?" He half grinned. "But everything she's saying is a weapon. For Gregg, she's trying to intimidate him, make him think he totally doesn't want to fight her coz she's way tougher and likely to physically harm him. For you? She's trying to p*** you off, Mist. She's been doing it most of the day. She wants you annoyed. Look, she's much physically stronger than you so, y'know, she can take your NORMAL attacks. But your magic stuff? Your intelligence? Your cunning? She's less sure of taking that so she's stopping you from using them, bud. Get you angry and you just want to hit her, eh?" He grinned. "Because you get angry, she wins easier. Can you beat her? Possibly. But only if you think and plan. Don't let her get to you, Mist." He shrugged. "You might want to ask the Colonel about Aikido, perhaps? A good teacher will show you how to keep calm under duress."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lightfoot has already set his food aside and is moving to Tigress by the time the Colonel issues her orders. He gently takes the Rakshasa's wrist, careful to avoid touching the blood, and examines the hand closely.
"That's a lot more than just a splinter." he admonishes. "You're lucky it's gone between the bones and pushed them apart instead of going right through and shattering them. In future, if you get something stuck in you, it's important that you leave it in and let the medical professional remove it. It could be the only thing keeping you from bleeding out. I'm going to heal you now. A bit of a cool sensation and maybe a twinge as the bones move back." the hare warns, letting his power flow down Tigress' wrist and into her hand.

If she watches, the Rakshasa will see the bones and muscles shift and knit back together, followed by the skin. Unfortunately, the doctor's power cannot remove the bloodstains in the fur, nor can he regrow any fur torn off by the injury.

"There. Next time, try to dodge the spear instead of catching it because I won't always be around to heal you." Lightfoot says, stepping back and turning to the younger Rakshasa.

"Now, can I have a look at your leg, please, Mist?"

~~~~~~~~
"It's okay, Wildfire. Just one of the risks of being best friends with a dragon. It's not the first time you've gotten me and won't be the last. Besides, it was my fault anyway for getting too close." Ryan reassures the dragon as he watches the healing.
"Huh. You can even grow the fur back. That's neat. Even Ted can't do that. You want another drink, Wildfire?" the otter offers.
"Not for a couple of hours yet, Mordecai. He doesn't knock off until five tonight but then it depends how much paperwork he has to catch up on and whether or not any emergency patients come in. I did tell you he's a doctor, didn't I?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm Gregg watched Tigress flex her hand. "Oh no, I understood that when I decided to participate anyway. To be honest, I didn't expect a handicap in the first place," he said with a shrug. "I figured you woul-" he stopped as the Colonel started shouting orders at them, looking between her and Tigress. "Ah, well," he said as he slipped into another portal, stepping out next to the building Colonel Heather was standing on.
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:09 pm Tigress seems somewhat surprised by his response, the light anger simmering into a silently impressed smile. Naturally, she doesn't get a chance to respond bec-
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:24 pm [...] "ATTENTION!" She called to the recruits. "GREG! TIGRESS! ON MY POSITION! YOU TOO, DOCTOR LIGHTFOOT. Doc! Take care of Tigress's hand."
The warrior flinches slightly as Heather's voice bursts from the speakers, her defensive stance devolving unconsciously into a cowed march towards the building Heather roosts upon. Her protests are a weak "Colonel, it's just a splinter...", lacking any conviction. Gregg's sudden appearance catches her attention immediately, though it gets nothing as pronounced as Heather's shout - merely a soft "Sorry." as though they were students about to be lectured for her misconduct.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm Lightfoot has already set his food aside and is moving to Tigress by the time the Colonel issues her orders. He gently takes the Rakshasa's wrist, careful to avoid touching the blood, and examines the hand closely.
"That's a lot more than just a splinter." he admonishes. "You're lucky it's gone between the bones and pushed them apart instead of going right through and shattering them. In future, if you get something stuck in you, it's important that you leave it in and let the medical professional remove it. It could be the only thing keeping you from bleeding out. I'm going to heal you now. A bit of a cool sensation and maybe a twinge as the bones move back." the hare warns, letting his power flow down Tigress' wrist and into her hand.

If she watches, the Rakshasa will see the bones and muscles shift and knit back together, followed by the skin. Unfortunately, the doctor's power cannot remove the bloodstains in the fur, nor can he regrow any fur torn off by the injury.

"There. Next time, try to dodge the spear instead of catching it because I won't always be around to heal you." Lightfoot says, stepping back and turning to the younger Rakshasa.
Heather waited for Doctor Lightfoot to finish treating Tigress's injuries. "Alright. Greg, we are not doing weapons training today. Improvised or otherwise. When we do weapons training, we DO NOT use other recruits as targets!" She shouted through the speakers angrily at the Hellhound. "This is a sparring match! You use your own natural abilities to fight, and no going all out! You're not trying to kill each other! And Tigress... Go easy on the others a bit, and control your temper. You're bigger than half the other recruits combined, and you've got way more fighting experience than everyone here but me. It's too easy for you to cause accidental injuries to the others."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm "It's okay, Wildfire. Just one of the risks of being best friends with a dragon. It's not the first time you've gotten me and won't be the last. Besides, it was my fault anyway for getting too close." Ryan reassures the dragon as he watches the healing.
"Huh. You can even grow the fur back. That's neat. Even Ted can't do that. You want another drink, Wildfire?" the otter offers.
"Not for a couple of hours yet, Mordecai. He doesn't knock off until five tonight but then it depends how much paperwork he has to catch up on and whether or not any emergency patients come in. I did tell you he's a doctor, didn't I?"
"No, I don't believe you did," Mordecai responded after thinking back to the previous conversations he had with Ryan, "Still, looking forward to meeting him." His attention then shifted over to the TV, "Hey...um...do you mind if I turn your TV on? There's a show coming on and I would like to watch it, if it's OK with you."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm [Lightfoot's Treatment]
[...] If she watches, the Rakshasa will see the bones and muscles shift and knit back together, followed by the skin. Unfortunately, the doctor's power cannot remove the bloodstains in the fur, nor can he regrow any fur torn off by the injury.
Prior to she holds a cautious, aloof disposition, but as soon as the unfamiliar sensation flows into the wound it snatches the massive Raksasi's rapt attention until fully complete. As he releases her hand she pulls it gently towards her, immediately prodding the vanished wound with her other hand's claws. "By the stars." She mutters to herself.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm "There. Next time, try to dodge the spear instead of catching it because I won't always be around to heal you." Lightfoot says, stepping back and turning to the younger Rakshasa.
Tigress manages to pull her eyes from the restructured flesh to address Lightfoot. "You really don't have to Doc, as long as my hand's still on my arm it's fine. I appreciate it of course, but if I was actually hurt I'd just shift down and heal that way. The only thing that sticks through that is the bleeding, so don't stress for my sake. And worst case, I've got like 200 bones, right? They grow back. I must've lost like every tooth bone during my apprenticeship and they all grew back fine." A confident smile retakes her, showing off the massive canines.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:33 pm [Heather's Reprimands]
The note about weapons clearly catches Tigress's attention. Her about-face to find Heather sends her tail slamming against a lower building, bringing a slightly embarrassed tone to her eventual response. "Yep, right, understood..."
------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:02 pm [Julian's Lesson]
" [...] Look, she's much physically stronger than you so, y'know, she can take your NORMAL attacks. But your magic stuff? Your intelligence? Your cunning? She's less sure of taking that so she's stopping you from using them, bud. Get you angry and you just want to hit her, eh?" He grinned. "Because you get angry, she wins easier. Can you beat her? Possibly. But only if you think and plan. Don't let her get to you, Mist." He shrugged. "You might want to ask the Colonel about Aikido, perhaps? A good teacher will show you how to keep calm under duress."
Again the mage's mouth snaps open, stance tense as he prepares to verbally attack the pacifist. Again the silence. Deliberately avoiding Julian's gaze, he raises one arm perpendicular to his torso. The blackened spots on it begin to grow up into the air and spread down the length of his forearm, flickering up and catching along the disturbed pelt like a dying flame. Once it reaches his elbow the growth slows to a crawl, and his head lowers as he flicks his hand open. A dull red light emanates from the center as the air begins to heat rapidly, finally producing a hand-sized flame that gently floats just above the shadowed limb. A sarcastic smile aids his hushed reply. "Julian, this is the extent of my magic. How I feel does nothing. She wins no matter what! I can't fight her. I don't know what you think you know about me, but whatever intelligence I'm supposed to have stopped working back in Biology. We can't use weapons. And this, this little spark of nothing, goes away when I feel calm or healthy. At least hitting her distracts her. What other options are there?" His hand snaps shut, the flame vanishing without more than a wisp of smoke in the air. With that said his tone shifts dramatically, challenge barely hidden in the next question. Suddenly louder, full of meaningless bravado. "At least I can take a hit, right?" Mist ends with a full smile and uncaring shrug, finally looking back at Julian.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm "Now, can I have a look at your leg, please, Mist?"
Mist pivots in an instant, practically hissing at the doctor "I am perfectly fine!" To accentuate the point he stomps down on the injured leg, easily suppressing the flinch of pain thanks to his familiarity. The heavier shading on that leg responds without him though, the black embers blazing a trail along the still colored portions of it. Tigress has no real reaction, slowly turning to face her son with a curious look on her face. Her glance flicks over to the doctor to check his reaction briefly, but as she does so Mist gives a violent exhale and amends with a subtly forced politeness "Thank you, Doctor Lightfoot, but I'm fine. Please, enjoy your meal." and returns his attention to Julian without waiting for a response.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If you think you have to fight," Julian advised gently. "a new gym might help." He sucked his teeth, looking for a simile. "A boxer stands in a ring. He's... a heavyweight. State Champion. That sort of thing. And he shouts out a challenge. Whoever can beat him wins... fifty thousand dollars, let's say. After no takers he says 'Fifty thousand if you can beat me and two thousand if you can last three minutes!' In the crowd there's a couple of fly-weight boxers. One trained at the same gym as the Heavyweight and one from another state. The one from his Gym knows the Heavyweight's weaknesses and does what he can to exploit them. He lasts two and a half minutes. Because the Heavyweight knows HIS weaknesses too and how to exploit them. The one from the different state steps in. He doesn't lay a glove on the heavyweight. But he dodges and bobs and the bigger boxer can't hit him either. Three minutes after he gets in the ring the fly-weight walks out a winner." Julian sighed. "Everything Tigress has taught you is good tactics. But they're more for people like Tigress to beat people like Tigress. There may be things other teachers can show you that will enable you to beat Tigress. Or, at least, surprise her, eh? Speaking of which, why not try tripping her? See if she reacts fast enough to stop Gregg getting a hit in then?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh. Well, he's a doctor. Hence the textbook on the coffee table. And sure, go for it. You want me to turn on the surround sound?" Ryan asks, dropping into a recliner.
"What are we watching?"

~~~~~~~~
Lightfoot holds up his handpaws in a placating gesture.
"I respectfully disagree, but I shall do as you insist. I can't force you, after all." he tells Mist before bowing slightly and retreating to the remains of his meal.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters