Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:17 pm "Richard Busch and Jeffrey Mason. They're going to be tough." Wildfire nodded. "What Richard did was a complete jerk move, but it wasn't exactly illegal. If his actions cost him business though, we could get him fired by his board of directors. Jeff likely did do something illegal, but we can't confront or accuse him at the party anyway without more evidence, and to get that, we need to talk to some of his former workers." The dragon waved a hand dismissively. "But we've already talked about that. I think Busch is the only one we can actually confront during the party. The question is how to do it without alerting the other two that we're cracking down on unethical activity."
"Might be a bit harder to do, especially nowadays," Mordecai replied with a scratch of his chin, "No matter how subtle you are, there will always be someone who is smarter than you, picks up on what's going on, and alerts the person. Honestly, with what you said about him? It might just be better to focus on Michal and Jeffery and leave Busch alone for the time being. It's a said thing but many people in his position operates the same way he does and you really can't combat it. Like the old saying goes: In the land of the pigs, the butcher is king."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg raised an eyebrow. "Oh oh right you probably didn't see it," he gestured to the lack of to-go boxes he had. He reached into the air next to him, his arms disappearing up to his elbows before pulling back and bringing out a slice of the burger he'd ordered, "Pocket dimension," he said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "I keep a bunch of stuff in it," he said, putting the piece of burger back into nothing, "Like a second apartment really but bigger."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:17 pm Heather started walking to the door. "We'll see you down there, doc. Come on, everyone. Time to go." She said, walking through the doors and through the main cafe towards the parking lot.
Tigress's evil grin is barely concealed as she bounds outside, the closing door thrown open from the force of her movement. This collision doesn't get a reaction at all, and she's waiting at the truck doors with her quiet impatience in the blink of an eye. Mist doesn't seem anywhere near as motivated, standing near the exit and subtly turning his attention to the remaining party members.
Deske wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:37 am Gregg raised an eyebrow. "Oh oh right you probably didn't see it," he gestured to the lack of to-go boxes he had. He reached into the air next to him, his arms disappearing up to his elbows before pulling back and bringing out a slice of the burger he'd ordered, "Pocket dimension," he said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "I keep a bunch of stuff in it," he said, putting the piece of burger back into nothing, "Like a second apartment really but bigger."
Mist's silence immediately turns to one of shock, a slightly visible reaction in his expression as he watches Gregg's arms vanish. The cat mouths something to himself, wonder in his nonexistent inflections, as he briefly fidgets with his own boxes. Again his gaze flicks back over to the trio, but the aired thoughts seem to have pushed him to follow the Colonel's path. Gently he pushes the door open, no urgency in his steps as he approaches the truck's bed. "Colonel Heather?" He calls cautiously, as though worried about eavesdropping. "Can I ask you a question? Not including that one. Another question."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Julian said, watching Gregg play. "I''ve barely enough for ONE apartment but that'd be useful." He mused. "I wonder where you can buy one." Only his grin would indicate he was joking. He wondered if Mist was going to ask if Amy had a boyfriend...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, neat trick, Greg!" Ted grins as he loads his boxes into the truck.
"Uh, where exactly are we meeting, Colonel?" he asks, stretching his arms and legs and making sure his helmet is secure.

~~~~~~~~
"I agree, Mr. Mayor. Until Busch actually does something illegal there's not much we can do. He has a big head though so I think he'll stuff up soon enough. He's bound to let something slip at some point. Mason, on the other paw, is more clever. I think maybe we shouldn't confront him at the party. He could be very dangerous if he feels cornered and we don't fully know what he's capable of. Maybe something like an anonymous tip to the police or FBI could get the ball rolling on an investigation? I'm definitely not going to be inviting any of those three again though, and I'll tell Dad to make sure their contracts with us aren't renewed when they expire." Ryan says.
"Say, you wanna see something cool, Mr. Mayor?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:18 pm "I agree, Mr. Mayor. Until Busch actually does something illegal there's not much we can do. He has a big head though so I think he'll stuff up soon enough. He's bound to let something slip at some point. Mason, on the other paw, is more clever. I think maybe we shouldn't confront him at the party. He could be very dangerous if he feels cornered and we don't fully know what he's capable of. Maybe something like an anonymous tip to the police or FBI could get the ball rolling on an investigation? I'm definitely not going to be inviting any of those three again though, and I'll tell Dad to make sure their contracts with us aren't renewed when they expire." Ryan says.
"Say, you wanna see something cool, Mr. Mayor?"
"That's probably a good idea, not inviting them anymore...and call me Mordecai," he replied, waving his hand at Ryan, "And, while your definition of 'cool' will probably be different than mine, go ahead."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well Jules, I can always set you up with your own portal and we can work out a rent plan. Doesn't look too good on paper though. No beds, baths, kitchen or living rooms unless you bring your own stuff. But it is spacious and you do get a wonderful view of the void," Gregg said, a wide grin on his face. "There's an open house every Friday for aspiring applicants who want their own slice of nothing."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian risked taking one hand out of his pockets and felt his trousers sag on one side as he pointed at Gregg, a smirk on his face. "Now this time," he said, "I'm pretty sure you're joking. And I probably couldn't afford it if yer not!" he jabbed his hand back in the pocket. Of course, the belt would have held them up but sometimes he felt the need to make sure...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg chuckled. "Yeah I'm just kidding. It's definitely not the place for everyone, but you're welcome to visit if you ever feel up to it," he said as he opened the door to the truck and climbed inside.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

The approach of the other recruits and the doctor's inquiry seems to dishearten Mist from his own question, adding "Ah, nevermind, it's not important." with a silent retreat to the car's entrance. Tigress smoothly grabs his arm and pulls him from the entrance before he can get into the car, nodding Gregg in with a faked smile. Both wait at the door for a moment for Julian to enter, a quick conversation filling the time.

"What's up?" The warrior asks half-heartedly, waiting for the doctor to be answered.

"Nothing." Her gaze snaps down from Heather to the mage, her stance shifting to gently but firmly hold him at her side around his shoulders. Mist pauses a second more, then replies "I was just wondering if she knew where we come from. The non-demon answer. If anyone would know, it would be the people with those watches, right?"

"If anyone would know it would be us. Just because something doesn't fit what you're taught doesn't make it wrong." Her response is slightly disinterested, as though it's a discussion they've had before. "But go for it."

"Later. Let's get through this first." With a shrug she brings her arm up, ruffling his hair and snatching his hat in the same motion with a challenging smile. He flinches, then smiles in turn as he shakes his head and hops in the car. Tigress continues to loiter at the door, stare focused on Heather eagerly.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thanks," Julian said to Gregg, before gettin in on the opposite side of Just to Tigress. "So, what do you think to all this," he asked the younger member of the 'squad' as he strapped in.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:31 pm "Might be a bit harder to do, especially nowadays," Mordecai replied with a scratch of his chin, "No matter how subtle you are, there will always be someone who is smarter than you, picks up on what's going on, and alerts the person. Honestly, with what you said about him? It might just be better to focus on Michal and Jeffery and leave Busch alone for the time being. It's a said thing but many people in his position operates the same way he does and you really can't combat it. Like the old saying goes: In the land of the pigs, the butcher is king."
"Focus on the bigger fish first. I agree." Wildfire finished before leaning back and listening to what Ryan had to say.

-------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:18 pm "Hey, neat trick, Greg!" Ted grins as he loads his boxes into the truck.
"Uh, where exactly are we meeting, Colonel?" he asks, stretching his arms and legs and making sure his helmet is secure.
"We're meeting in the Pseudo-Urban Training site, about five klicks east of here." Heather directed Ted and pointed over to the mountain ranges to the East. "Big cluster of fake buildings in the middle of a forested mountain valley. Can't really miss it."
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:20 pm Mist's silence immediately turns to one of shock, a slightly visible reaction in his expression as he watches Gregg's arms vanish. The cat mouths something to himself, wonder in his nonexistent inflections, as he briefly fidgets with his own boxes. Again his gaze flicks back over to the trio, but the aired thoughts seem to have pushed him to follow the Colonel's path. Gently he pushes the door open, no urgency in his steps as he approaches the truck's bed. "Colonel Heather?" He calls cautiously, as though worried about eavesdropping. "Can I ask you a question? Not including that one. Another question."
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:52 pm The approach of the other recruits and the doctor's inquiry seems to dishearten Mist from his own question, adding "Ah, nevermind, it's not important." with a silent retreat to the car's entrance. Tigress smoothly grabs his arm and pulls him from the entrance before he can get into the car, nodding Gregg in with a faked smile. Both wait at the door for a moment for Julian to enter, a quick conversation filling the time.

"What's up?" The warrior asks half-heartedly, waiting for the doctor to be answered.

"Nothing." Her gaze snaps down from Heather to the mage, her stance shifting to gently but firmly hold him at her side around his shoulders. Mist pauses a second more, then replies "I was just wondering if she knew where we come from. The non-demon answer. If anyone would know, it would be the people with those watches, right?"

"If anyone would know it would be us. Just because something doesn't fit what you're taught doesn't make it wrong." Her response is slightly disinterested, as though it's a discussion they've had before. "But go for it."

"Later. Let's get through this first." With a shrug she brings her arm up, ruffling his hair and snatching his hat in the same motion with a challenging smile. He flinches, then smiles in turn as he shakes his head and hops in the car. Tigress continues to loiter at the door, stare focused on Heather eagerly.
Heather didn't take much longer with all four recruits already at the car. She climbed into the driver's seat and started the vehicle. Being electric, the interior lights lit up but otherwise the truck made no sound. Once everyone was in their seats, Heather started backing out of the parking space. "So, Mist, you wanted to ask me something? Or would you rather wait and ask me privately?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:09 pm "Thanks," Julian said to Gregg, before gettin in on the opposite side of Just to Tigress. "So, what do you think to all this," he asked the younger member of the 'squad' as he strapped in.
Both ears flick to attention as he realizes he's been asked a question, and with an evasive look back at the diner Mist replies "Well, it's definitely a lot nicer than our neighborhood... still feels a little surreal though."
CyberDragon wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:16 pm "We're meeting in the Pseudo-Urban Training site, about five klicks east of here." Heather directed Ted and pointed over to the mountain ranges to the East. "Big cluster of fake buildings in the middle of a forested mountain valley. Can't really miss it."
"We get to destroy buildings? Even better!" Tigress cheers as she hops in the car, eventually managing to find and secure her own seatbelt.
CyberDragon wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:16 pm Heather didn't take much longer with all four recruits already at the car. She climbed into the driver's seat and started the vehicle. Being electric, the interior lights lit up but otherwise the truck made no sound. Once everyone was in their seats, Heather started backing out of the parking space. "So, Mist, you wanted to ask me something? Or would you rather wait and ask me privately?"
Mist's attention flicks to the rearview mirror, then away again as he reaches to adjust the hat that isn't there. "Oh, it's not anything personal, it's... it probably would be a whole discussion, I didn't realize everyone was on my tail ready to go."

"Well, we're just sitting here now." Tigress adds, her hint less than subtle.

"...Colonel Heather, where did Kaiju come from? Like, is it some sort of mutation, or... not sure what else it could be actually..."

"The Shamans taught us that we're shapeshifting demons. I've never seen a Yaksas turn into anything but a Rakshasa, but if it's true it still doesn't explain anyone else." After a moment's pause she turns to Gregg and Julian, adding "Unless you two are secretly another type of Hindu demon?"
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hrm, my religious knowledge of Hindu is lacking at best. I know hellhounds are a part of most mythologies though, but as for which one?" Gregg shrugs, "Can't say I know any specifics."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks, Mordecai. And we'll see. I think we might just agree on the coolness of this." Ryan smiles.
"Follow me."
CyberDragon wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:16 pm "Focus on the bigger fish first. I agree." Wildfire finished before leaning back and listening to what Ryan had to say.
"Exactly that, Wildfire." Ryan nods, leading the way down a hallway that leads off the kitchen and away from the living area. He opens a door a third of the way down and ushers in his guests. The room features floor-to-ceiling windows like most of the apartment, which let in ample light. Most of the floorspace is dominated by two large rectangular tables, the tops of which are covered completely by intricate and realistic miniature scenery through which several railways wend their way. For the moment the trains are still and silent but there is still a great deal to look at, from trees to waterways, stations and towns, hidden animals and a variety of people including humans, zoomorphs and even some Kaiju.

One wall of the room is taken up by a long workbench featuring several lamps, scenery, set-pieces and characters in various stages of completion, and a variety of art and craft supplies including glue, paints, knives, gloves, balsa wood, sheets of plastic and metal, resins, and jars of powder, and an extractor fan protrudes through the windowpane at the far end of the bench. The opposite wall of the room has a closet, a small kiln, a 3D printer, a drying rack, and a shelf on which several dozen trains and carriages are displayed.

"Welcome to Ted's magnum opus." Ryan grins after giving the mayor a few moments to take everything in. Wildfire will have seen most of it, but Ted's always adding to it and there are so many small details that the dragon is bound to find something new if he looks closely enough.

"Believe it or not, other than most of the trains themselves, and the actual tracks, he's made everything you see here himself by paw. The hills, the rivers and ponds, all the people and animals, the trees and roads, the carriages, four of the trains, even the beds the tracks are laid on, Ted built himself. The trains are actually working steam engines that burn alcohol. I won't fire them up because they'll probably blow up if I do but Ted will be glad to show you how they work if you ask. This table is his hometown in Devonshire, all perfectly to scale, and this other table is a completely fictional world he's building. It's all perfectly to scale too. Ted's hidden both of us in here somewhere too. He moves us around to keep me guessing." the otter smiles fondly, peering closely at the crowd waiting at a station.

~~~~~~~~
Ted waits until the truck pulls out, and then, since traffic is light, runs alongside it, easily keeping pace and flashing the occasional grin and wave at the occupants. If another vehicle comes along he'll drop safely back behind the truck.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:05 am "Exactly that, Wildfire." Ryan nods, leading the way down a hallway that leads off the kitchen and away from the living area. He opens a door a third of the way down and ushers in his guests. The room features floor-to-ceiling windows like most of the apartment, which let in ample light. Most of the floorspace is taken up by two large rectangular tables, the tops of which are taken up completely by intricate and realistic miniature scenery through which several railways wend their way. For the moment the trains are still and silent but there is still a great deal to look at, from trees to waterways, stations and towns, hidden animals and a variety of people including humans, zoomorphs and even some Kaiju.

One wall of the room is taken up by a long workbench featuring several lamps, scenery, set-pieces and characters in various stages of completion, and a variety of art and craft supplies including glue, paints, knives, gloves, balsa wood, sheets of plastic and metal, resins, and jars of powder, and an extractor fan protrudes through the windowpane at the far end of the bench. The opposite wall of the room has a closet, a small kiln, a 3D printer, a drying rack, and a shelf on which several dozen trains and carriages are displayed.

"Welcome to Ted's magnum opus." Ryan grins after giving the mayor a few moments to take everything in. Wildfire will have seen most of it, but Ted's always adding to it and there are so many small details that the dragon is bound to find something new if he looks closely enough.

"Believe it or not, other than most of the trains themselves, and the actual tracks, he's made everything you see here himself by paw. The hills, the rivers and ponds, all the people and animals, the trees and roads, the carriages, four of the trains, even the beds the tracks are laid on, Ted built himself. The trains are actually working steam engines that burn alcohol. I won't fire them up because they'll probably blow up if I do but Ted will be glad to show you how they work if you ask. This table is his hometown in Devonshire, all perfectly to scale, and this other table is a completely fictional world he's building. It's all perfectly to scale too. Ted's hidden both of us in here somewhere too. He moves us around to keep me guessing." the otter smiles fondly, peering closely at the crowd waiting at a station.
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer," Mordecai spoke as he was in absolute awe at the sight before him, looking closer but careful as to not disturb anything. He seen works of art before but never to such a scale like what was displayed here. "This is amazing, Ryan," he then said, crouching down to view the world before him from a different point of view, before getting up and moving over to the other table of the fictional world, "and he did all this himself?" he then whistled, looking closely at one of the kaijus, admiring the attention to detail on the model.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The only mythology I'd be part of," Julian breezed, "is the Japanese. Even then I'd be a pretty feeble one, with only one tail." He leaned back and relaxed into the seat.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:54 pm "Hrm, my religious knowledge of Hindu is lacking at best. I know hellhounds are a part of most mythologies though, but as for which one?" Gregg shrugs, "Can't say I know any specifics."
"Yeah, I don't actually know much about Hinduism either." Her attention switches to Mist, who has silently retrieved his phone and is tapping away at it.

With a quick scan of the screen he reports back, without looking away, "Sharvara is the closest we have in a literal translation, but... hellhounds originated with Cerberus, didn't they?"

"Who?"

"He's a - normally - three-headed dog that guards the Greek underworld... which is different from our afterlife." Mist adds to his statement suddenly, a curious note to his voice. "Good, bad, and neutral all go in there. And they... just stay there. Ooh, except the people who escaped..." Both ears flick forward, the reader shifting in his seat to brace the phone before him as he immediately begins to pore over the material.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:54 pm "The only mythology I'd be part of," Julian breezed, "is the Japanese. Even then I'd be a pretty feeble one, with only one tail." He leaned back and relaxed into the seat.
"Oh, you're one of those... stars, what's the word..." Tigress grumbles a few words in Yasal as she tries to collect her thoughts, glaring at the source of confusion before her expression suddenly lightens again. "Sakuras! You're a foxgirl!" Her son freezes, mouth slowly opening as he considers correcting her. This decision passes with a decided NO, Mist silently closing his mouth and returning to the reading with a near silent "How.".
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yep, Cerberus would be the most famous hellhound. He's one of my favorite because he's a great example of one that isn't evil and is really just doing his job," Gregg said, pausing to let Tigress come up with her guess as to what Julian was referring to. His eyes widened once she spoke, "Gods above..." he managed to get out before a wheeze of laughter cut him off.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

At that, Julian laughed happily, joining in with Gregg. "Suppose... suppose I walked into that," he wheezed. "Thanks, Tigress. I meant the Kitsune?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:55 am Mist's attention flicks to the rearview mirror, then away again as he reaches to adjust the hat that isn't there. "Oh, it's not anything personal, it's... it probably would be a whole discussion, I didn't realize everyone was on my tail ready to go."

"Well, we're just sitting here now." Tigress adds, her hint less than subtle.

"...Colonel Heather, where did Kaiju come from? Like, is it some sort of mutation, or... not sure what else it could be actually..."

"The Shamans taught us that we're shapeshifting demons. I've never seen a Yaksas turn into anything but a Rakshasa, but if it's true it still doesn't explain anyone else." After a moment's pause she turns to Gregg and Julian, adding "Unless you two are secretly another type of Hindu demon?"
"The earliest Kaiju fossils known were actually discovered while digging those tunnels under the city. In fact, one of the tunnels had to be dug through a leviathan fossil that was too big to move. Goes in through the jaws and comes out just above the right-side hip-bone." Heather said. "This leads most people who study this kind of stuff to believe that the first Kaiju came from around the Crater Bay area, though nobody really knows for sure what exactly led the first Kaiju to get so big, or why they started showing up here of all places."

Heather took a turn off the main road onto one of the side roads to go down the mountain towards the valley. "Even weirder is that this is the only place where technically a Kaiju can have non-Kaiju biological parents. Only colossi though."
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:20 pm "Oh, you're one of those... stars, what's the word..." Tigress grumbles a few words in Yasal as she tries to collect her thoughts, glaring at the source of confusion before her expression suddenly lightens again. "Sakuras! You're a foxgirl!" Her son freezes, mouth slowly opening as he considers correcting her. This decision passes with a decided NO, Mist silently closing his mouth and returning to the reading with a near silent "How.".
Heather nearly swerved off the road at what Tigress said. She corrected her path while snorting loudly. "Sorry! Sorry!" she laughed.

-----------------------------

Wildfire stood back, feeling he could admire the model better from a distance. "Ted's got a lot of talent." he said. "You know, it's funny. Some people say they look at these things and feel like giants. We know all about that feeling, don't we?"
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:59 pm "The earliest Kaiju fossils known were actually discovered while digging those tunnels under the city. In fact, one of the tunnels had to be dug through a leviathan fossil that was too big to move. Goes in through the jaws and comes out just above the right-side hip-bone." Heather said. "This leads most people who study this kind of stuff to believe that the first Kaiju came from around the Crater Bay area, though nobody really knows for sure what exactly led the first Kaiju to get so big, or why they started showing up here of all places."

Heather took a turn off the main road onto one of the side roads to go down the mountain towards the valley. "Even weirder is that this is the only place where technically a Kaiju can have non-Kaiju biological parents. Only colossi though."
"Really? How weird..." Mist replies, more to himself than as an actual addition. Realizing this, he comments "So no one really knows where it started, but there's spontaneity here. Were we to follow a religious concept, that would make this island like... a holy site, of some sorts. Like some sort of connecting point... Pangea maybe? Origin of the planet, if the fossils are that old..."

"Crater Bay is actually considered a holy water site to the Yaksas clan." Tigress replies offhandedly. Upon Mist's bewildered look she shrugs and continues "The kids who spent a lot of time in the Bay's water before their gift developed were Tempests. Really strong, really wild. It's still a sore point to the Shamans."
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:59 pm Heather nearly swerved off the road at what Tigress said. She corrected her path while snorting loudly. "Sorry! Sorry!" she laughed.
Deske wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:17 am "Yep, Cerberus would be the most famous hellhound. He's one of my favorite because he's a great example of one that isn't evil and is really just doing his job," Gregg said, pausing to let Tigress come up with her guess as to what Julian was referring to. His eyes widened once she spoke, "Gods above..." he managed to get out before a wheeze of laughter cut him off.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:23 am At that, Julian laughed happily, joining in with Gregg. "Suppose... suppose I walked into that," he wheezed. "Thanks, Tigress. I meant the Kitsune?"
The younger feline scrambles to stabilize himself at that moment, pure panic occupying his attention... at least until he comes to and realizes they're all just enjoying Tigress's slip of the tongue. The worried frown turns to a light smile, the held breath released as he relaxes back into his seat.

Tigress, meanwhile, only seems mildly confused. She gives a small laugh, trying to go along with her joke, and doesn't even shift at the car's sudden turn. "Ohhhh, that's what the nurse was!" Still the raucous laughter seems unjustified and she glances over to her son, anxiously looking for a hint. Mist merely smiles and shakes his head, turning to look out the window again. "Well... I don't really know Hinduism well enough to confirm or deny anything. Any other theories you've been told?" Her head tilts as she asks the three strangers, the inclination for violence seemingly gone.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ted has to put on a burst of speed to avoid being flattened by the swerving truck. He decides to take a short cut through the forest instead of following the truck and after overtaking the vehicle, turns down a side track. The passengers of the truck may just see his cottontail flashing past and disappearing down the trail.

~~~~~~~~
"Eyup. You more so than me though, Wildfire. I'm a small Kaiju and only see the city from the water. You get to fly overhead. Oh, look! A tiny Wildfire!" Ryan grins, pointing at the figure of a semi-disguised black-scaled dragon walking down a cobbled road.
"That's new. You weren't in there before! And yeah, Mordecai, he did. He also makes his own props when he goes LARP-ing."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:06 am "Eyup. You more so than me though, Wildfire. I'm a small Kaiju and only see the city from the water. You get to fly overhead. Oh, look! A tiny Wildfire!" Ryan grins, pointing at the figure of a semi-disguised black-scaled dragon walking down a cobbled road.
"That's new. You weren't in there before! And yeah, Mordecai, he did. He also makes his own props when he goes LARP-ing."
"Does he now?" Mordecai replies, still admiring the detailed work, "Impressive! I never did this LARP thing before but a few people I know do and they always talk highly of it. Most I usually do is airsoft and motorcycle riding," he returned looking at Ryan, "If you don't mind me inquiring, how long have you and Ted been a couple?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"None from me. I haven't really done any digging into why Kaiju exist," Gregg said with a shrug. "Could probably stand to learn a little though."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"On behalf of all Colossai - who've kept a ow profile and had never heard that before, Ma'am," Julian replied, "I have to say there is nothing 'only' about us. Suppose I need a badge. Colossai Big head?" He tries the joke to try and hide his almost embarrassment at how little he really knows.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Wildfire bent over the model to get a closer look. "Impressive detail."

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:01 pm "Really? How weird..." Mist replies, more to himself than as an actual addition. Realizing this, he comments "So no one really knows where it started, but there's spontaneity here. Were we to follow a religious concept, that would make this island like... a holy site, of some sorts. Like some sort of connecting point... Pangea maybe? Origin of the planet, if the fossils are that old..."

"Crater Bay is actually considered a holy water site to the Yaksas clan." Tigress replies offhandedly. Upon Mist's bewildered look she shrugs and continues "The kids who spent a lot of time in the Bay's water before their gift developed were Tempests. Really strong, really wild. It's still a sore point to the Shamans."
Heather continued down the road, taking a right onto a narrow and hard to spot dirt path leading deeper into the forest. "Could explain why they hate Crater City so much. It was built around the bay."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:25 pm "On behalf of all Colossai - who've kept a ow profile and had never heard that before, Ma'am," Julian replied, "I have to say there is nothing 'only' about us. Suppose I need a badge. Colossai Big head?" He tries the joke to try and hide his almost embarrassment at how little he really knows.
"There are plenty of things that only happen with Colossi." Heather said as the truck passed through an old rusted gate into what seemed to be another broken down military base. A number of old WWII era trucks and light vehicles were scattered about, lost to time. Anti-aircraft guns slept on the roofs of decaying concrete ruins; Sentinels forever watching for an enemy that never arrived. Rotten boxes of helmets and armor could barely be seen through the muddy, translucent windows of a store room as the truck drove past along the broken asphalt. "Welcome to Blackwood Pass. Another relic from back when. It's not where we're going right now, but this old road is the quickest way to the training grounds."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"You guys just keep them here as a reminder of what you stand for or is it just a lack of time to clean them up?" Gregg asks, watching the buildings pass by.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:11 pm Heather continued down the road, taking a right onto a narrow and hard to spot dirt path leading deeper into the forest. "Could explain why they hate Crater City so much. It was built around the bay."
"That, and Yaksas hate machines. Pretty much anything that can do what we do is against the natural order." Tigress shrugs, seemingly bored with the subject already. "Makes more sense when the Shaman explain it."
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:11 pm
"There are plenty of things that only happen with Colossi." Heather said as the truck passed through an old rusted gate into what seemed to be another broken down military base. A number of old WWII era trucks and light vehicles were scattered about, lost to time. Anti-aircraft guns slept on the roofs of decaying concrete ruins; Sentinels forever watching for an enemy that never arrived. Rotten boxes of helmets and armor could barely be seen through the muddy, translucent windows of a store room as the truck drove past along the broken asphalt. "Welcome to Blackwood Pass. Another relic from back when. It's not where we're going right now, but this old road is the quickest way to the training grounds."
Mist's attention strays back outside, barely catching the last of the doctor disappearing out of sight. His tail flicks silently with growing concern as they pass the destroyed structures, the towering guns causing a slight twitch of surprise. The warrior turns her watch through the teen's window, but the long-dead base is practically a wall of grey in her eyes. She eventually looks back to Heather as she awaits Gregg's answer. "This isn't... Kaiju defense, right?" Mist whispers, practically to himself as he scans for some sign. "Just... planes, and people? It has to be, that wouldn't be enough..." A sudden spark of energy hits the cat as he asks no one ""What happens if the KDF fails? If another Kaiju wins? Is Crater City just done for?"
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:25 am "Does he now?" Mordecai replies, still admiring the detailed work, "Impressive! I never did this LARP thing before but a few people I know do and they always talk highly of it. Most I usually do is airsoft and motorcycle riding," he returned looking at Ryan, "If you don't mind me inquiring, how long have you and Ted been a couple?"
"Airsoft is fun too!" the sea otter grins.
"And, gosh, must be four, no five years now, as of tomorrow. Heh, what do you know? Time flies! Aha! There we are!" Ryan points to the tiny figures of himself and Ted relaxing on a park bench, one arm around each other.

~~~~~~~~
Following a winding path too narrow for the truck, the hare jogs up and over the ridge before descending into the valley the colonel had mentioned. Finding the place empty, he removes his helmet and mops his brow slightly, waggling his ears to cool down faster. Replacing the helmet, he shrugs and stretches and then Shifts up and perches on top of one of the buildings. To him, it's not much bigger than a footstool and he avoids putting his full weight on it, just in case, as he carefully waves away an angry bird.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:07 pm "Airsoft is fun too!" the sea otter grins.
"And, gosh, must be four, no five years now, as of tomorrow. Heh, what do you know? Time flies! Aha! There we are!" Ryan points to the tiny figures of himself and Ted relaxing on a park bench, one arm around each other.
"Well, happy anniversary, then!" Mordecai smiled, looking at the two figures of Ted and Ryan before looking back over at Wildfire, "Say, you've been quiet for a while. Penny for your thoughts?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 pm "You guys just keep them here as a reminder of what you stand for or is it just a lack of time to clean them up?" Gregg asks, watching the buildings pass by.
"Little bit of both." Heather answered. "It's partly a lack of time and... funding... to clean it up. At least, a lack of funds being diverted to our end of the DoD... Partly it's because these are historical sites that some think should be protected."
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:21 am Mist's attention strays back outside, barely catching the last of the doctor disappearing out of sight. His tail flicks silently with growing concern as they pass the destroyed structures, the towering guns causing a slight twitch of surprise. The warrior turns her watch through the teen's window, but the long-dead base is practically a wall of grey in her eyes. She eventually looks back to Heather as she awaits Gregg's answer. "This isn't... Kaiju defense, right?" Mist whispers, practically to himself as he scans for some sign. "Just... planes, and people? It has to be, that wouldn't be enough..." A sudden spark of energy hits the cat as he asks no one ""What happens if the KDF fails? If another Kaiju wins? Is Crater City just done for?"
"Oh, no no no no. This wasn't anti-Kaiju defense." Heather laughed. "No, this was mostly anti-air defense, and a fallback point in case of land invasion by the Japanese during World War II. The entire west coast is dotted with artillery and ruined bunkers that were built after Pearl Harbor. In fact, there are some fortifications that date all the way back to the Civil War that are now tourist destinations. They obviously get more attention than this old shell of a base."

Heather continues driving across the broken road, passing by a partially collapsed garage in which rested the remains of a primitive helicopter. Possibly one of the first models of helicopters designed for military use. The truck made it's way through the rear gate, and continued along it's way. Heather looked ahead and could just see six ears in the distance peeking out over the trees.

---------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:35 am "Well, happy anniversary, then!" Mordecai smiled, looking at the two figures of Ted and Ryan before looking back over at Wildfire, "Say, you've been quiet for a while. Penny for your thoughts?"
Wildfire was quiet for a minute. Then looked up and said "Toasted ravioli is really good. Too bad it's kind of hard to find in this city." He smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Sorry. You were more talking to each other. I've already seen the models. I didn't mean to be rude, I just didn't have anything to add is all."

Wildfire looked up at Ryan. "I was going to wait until tomorrow to say it, but I can say it now too. Congratulations on your anniversary! Think either of you is going to pop the question soon? Five years and you two are still a perfect couple."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Suddenly Ryan smiles shyly and rubs the back of his neck.
"Well... I guess we'll have to see, won't we?" he answers cryptically with a shrug.
"But... Thanks."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:58 pm Wildfire was quiet for a minute. Then looked up and said "Toasted ravioli is really good. Too bad it's kind of hard to find in this city." He smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Sorry. You were more talking to each other. I've already seen the models. I didn't mean to be rude, I just didn't have anything to add is all."

Wildfire looked up at Ryan. "I was going to wait until tomorrow to say it, but I can say it now too. Congratulations on your anniversary! Think either of you is going to pop the question soon? Five years and you two are still a perfect couple."
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:09 am Suddenly Ryan smiles shyly and rubs the back of his neck.
"Well... I guess we'll have to see, won't we?" he answers cryptically with a shrug.
"But... Thanks."

Even though he was happy for the anniversary, Mordecai could tell there was something a bit wrong with Ryan, seeing how he reacted to Wildfire's question. He elected not to delve into the topic, thinking there was probably some hidden drama in there, so he returned to looking around the diorama, admiring the work. "Not the biggest fan of ravioli, I'm afraid, so I wouldn't know where to find any," Mordecai then replied to Wildfire, smirking before clearing his throat, "Say, what time is Ted supposed to be here? I very much looking forward to meeting him," he asked Ryan while pointing at the nearby clock, "Plus, it's getting close to dinner - or when I usually eat dinner - and, if it's OK with you, I'd like to order us all a pizza or two to eat."
Last edited by SeanWolf on Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian looked sadly towards Mist. "People have never just fought against our worse nature, I'm afraid, Mist." He was slightly awed by the size of the weaponry. "It IS quite an impressive thing, though," he allowed. "How they'll stand up to anyone who tries to harm them."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:38 am Julian looked sadly towards Mist. "People have never just fought against our worse nature, I'm afraid, Mist." He was slightly awed by the size of the weaponry. "It IS quite an impressive thing, though," he allowed. "How they'll stand up to anyone who tries to harm them."
The cat's eyes don't stray from the weaponry, his ears pinned back as he itches idly at his collarbone. "It's... not like I don't get war. I took the history classes, I get that people have disagreements. But..." He turns to face his mother, not bothering to hide his unease. "What if you had attacked before the KDF started?"

It takes Tigress a moment to realize she's being addressed, and even once she does it's a quick "Someone would do something." as she peers out the front window at the odd fields in the distance. "And it really doesn't matter now, does it?"

"But what if someone like the Cthulu guy attacked? Something we can't handle? It's not like there are weapons that would do anything against it, and we-" He clutches his arms, leaning forward slightly in his seat as he speaks more and more rapidly.

"Mist." Tigress interrupts with a soft growl.

"It could happen!" He protests in whisper, looking down at the ground as his sense returns.

"No more worrying. You've been a recruit for like an hour, and all that's happened is you had a nice lunch. It's your birthday and you're going to enjoy it. The world isn't ending just because something good happened." A hint of a smile shows, a soft huff of faked annoyance his reply as Mist leans back into the chair. While it's clear his fears aren't answered, the commanding tone seems to reinforce him somewhat. "Everyone's having a good day today. By force, if necessary." Tigress crosses her arms, the dangerous smile returning.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 am Even though he was happy for the anniversary, Mordecai could tell there was something a bit wrong with Ryan, seeing how he reacted to Wildfire's question. He elected not to delve into the topic, thinking there was probably some hidden drama in there, so he returned to looking around the diorama, admiring the work. "Not the biggest fan of ravioli, I'm afraid, so I wouldn't know where to find any," Mordecai then replied to Wildfire, smirking before clearing his throat, "Say, what time is Ted supposed to be here? I very much looking forward to meeting him," he asked Ryan while pointing at the nearby clock, "Plus, it's getting close to dinner - or when I usually eat dinner - and, if it's OK with you, I'd like to order us all a pizza or two to eat."
"You eat dinner at..." Wildfire checks his watch. "Two thirty in the afternoon? Granted, I have about five meals a day, and we're kaiju so we really can eat as much as we want, but still." The dragon shrugged. "Though I'll never turn down pizza, so I'm game for it."

---------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:56 am The cat's eyes don't stray from the weaponry, his ears pinned back as he itches idly at his collarbone. "It's... not like I don't get war. I took the history classes, I get that people have disagreements. But..." He turns to face his mother, not bothering to hide his unease. "What if you had attacked before the KDF started?"

It takes Tigress a moment to realize she's being addressed, and even once she does it's a quick "Someone would do something." as she peers out the front window at the odd fields in the distance. "And it really doesn't matter now, does it?"

"But what if someone like the Cthulu guy attacked? Something we can't handle? It's not like there are weapons that would do anything against it, and we-" He clutches his arms, leaning forward slightly in his seat as he speaks more and more rapidly.

"Mist." Tigress interrupts with a soft growl.

"It could happen!" He protests in whisper, looking down at the ground as his sense returns.

"No more worrying. You've been a recruit for like an hour, and all that's happened is you had a nice lunch. It's your birthday and you're going to enjoy it. The world isn't ending just because something good happened." A hint of a smile shows, a soft huff of faked annoyance his reply as Mist leans back into the chair. While it's clear his fears aren't answered, the commanding tone seems to reinforce him somewhat. "Everyone's having a good day today. By force, if necessary." Tigress crosses her arms, the dangerous smile returning.
"At ease, Mist." Heather said. "I can't tell you details, but we know how to deal with all known elder Kaiju, and all known Leviathans. You don't have to worry, especially not today."

Heather pulled the truck just off of the dirt path and put it in park. "We're here. If you shift up, you'll see the doctor sitting on a building about half a mile to the north. I could use a shoulder to hitchhike on. Julian, mind hauling me the rest of the way while you guys join the doctor at the training site? It'll save the time of walking."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:05 pm "You eat dinner at..." Wildfire checks his watch. "Two thirty in the afternoon? Granted, I have about five meals a day, and we're kaiju so we really can eat as much as we want, but still." The dragon shrugged. "Though I'll never turn down pizza, so I'm game for it."
Mordecai shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, my meal schedule may seem odd to you: Breakfast at 7am, followed by Lunch at 11am or 12pm (depending on my mood), then dinner at 2:30 or 3, followed by tea at 5pm. Just how I've been, to be honest." He then reached for his phone, "So? What pizza are you guys into? I usually just go Supreme or Meat Lovers."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Come to think of it, Wildfire, he did miss lunch both at Fredrick's and at Giovanni's." Ryan points out.
"Where are you ordering from, Mordecai?" the sea otter asks, leading the group back to the lounge.
"There's a really nice place a few blocks away. Most tourists don't know it because it's a little out of the way and in an alley but it does the best pizza and freshest pasta you'll ever taste. I always get the Pizza Pescatore which has shrimp, squid, mussels and rocket. The shop's called Fratelli Fettuccine, The Fettuccine Brothers. Ironically it's run by a pair of sisters." If Mordecai searches for the restaurant on his phone he'll find the logo of a grinning, potbellied monk holding a plate of pasta on one hand and a pizza on the other, making the other joke in the name clear.
"Ted quite likes their Pizza Capricciosa, minus the ham of course. That comes with mozzarella, tomato, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives."

~~~~~~~~
Hearing the truck approach, Lightfoot stands up and turns towards the sound. He hopes Heather will remember to ask someone to bring his food across.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:05 pm
"At ease, Mist." Heather said. "I can't tell you details, but we know how to deal with all known elder Kaiju, and all known Leviathans. You don't have to worry, especially not today."
The initial response seems to confuse Mist, but after realizing what she means by 'at ease' her response seems genuinely helpful. After a moment of contemplation he responds with a shy smile "It's... probably best I don't know exactly what they are, but I am glad to hear there's some kind of safety backup. Even if we aren't like, recruited for fighting, I know it's sort of a Rakshasa thing... really good to have alternatives though."
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:05 pm Heather pulled the truck just off of the dirt path and put it in park. "We're here. If you shift up, you'll see the doctor sitting on a building about half a mile to the north. I could use a shoulder to hitchhike on. Julian, mind hauling me the rest of the way while you guys join the doctor at the training site? It'll save the time of walking."
Tigress leaps out of the car, seatbelt slamming into the holster as she spins to rapidly take in the sights. With a joyful cry she responds "I thought I saw something lively up there! You all get ready, I'm gonna make some space so I don't launch the car while shifting." A quick two-finger salute to the car's inhabitants, then she's running eagerly across the grass.

Mist instead takes his time, clearing the aisle and stepping to the side as he straightens his clothes nervously. Quickly his eyes scan for the doctor, giving a full arm wave in his/their direction with no expectation of actually being seen. His phone is pulled from his vest and powered off, left with his hat on the seat as he awaits the other passengers' exit.
All the characters!