Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:54 am "I dunno, the movie industry has done some good films with us as the good guys, with Gamera being one such example," Mordecai added as he stood up from the couch to stretch his legs, "There's also some of the movies in the Godzilla franchise, who is a really nice guy...huh, more I think of it, Japan seems to treat Kaijus with more respect then here in the Americas.
"I always found it funny that the people making those movies decided, 'You know, these giant people just aren't big enough. Let's digitally grow them to make them look even bigger, and have them stomp around miniature city replicas.'" Wildfire laughed.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 am "Yeah. I always wanted to visit Japan. Haven't quite gotten there yet though. Say, have you tried that new Japanese restaurant on Fifth and Cedar yet, Wildfire? I think they only opened a couple of weeks ago."
"Not yet, but I've been wanting to go." Wildfire said. "I've passed by it, and it smells really good!"

---------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 am Ted shrugs.
"Sure, why not?" he agrees, taking a seat beside the colonel.
"How did the tour go?"
"Going to be cutting it a little short, I think. Though I did say I'd take them down to the valley so they could stretch their forms before I take them home." the Colonel said.
DdeeStar wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:29 pm Tigress remains silent, only a slight smirk rising in response to the 'scream and run' remark, though she gives hiding it the slightest amount of effort this time. With a faked cough she turns to look around the dining area again, clearly getting bored. Mist's eating pauses for a moment, a hopeful smile on his face. "That sounds great! I'm sure there's a lot of soup kitchens that would really appreciate her help." That note recaptures Tigress's attention, her smirk falling to a slight frown as she watches him return to eating.
"Among the policies Titus's been pushing has been a food distribution plan." Heather said. "I haven't told Amy yet, but it's a plan to allow the KDF to open new food banks and homeless shelters across California. If it passes, we'll get a contract going with Amy and Rob to get them to help produce the food, and then you guys..." She pointed to the four recruits, "will be paid for delivering the food to these banks and shelters. You'd be delivering as Kaiju too. It's faster, and you can carry more that way."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"I always found it funny that the people making those movies decided, 'You know, these giant people just aren't big enough. Let's digitally grow them to make them look even bigger, and have them stomp around miniature city replicas.'" Wildfire laughed.
"Well, it's Hollywood, what do you expect? Realism?" Mordecai replied then smirking a little, "Let's be honest here; The standard movie goer doesn't care about the politics and what a kaiju's morning routine is. They only want to see action mixed with epic sounding music against a multi-million dollar spectacle. Speaking of Hollywood uh Ryan? How would rather I dress for your little yacht party? Suit and tie or just a nice button shirt?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian listened to the Colonel as she outlaid the plan. "One of these days," he said in an aside to Mist, hiding his mouth from the others by a hand, "someone's going to let me drive a van..." He dropped the hand to pick up more food. "Delivering by foot? That'll put Deliveryoo out of business."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:46 pm "Among the policies Titus's been pushing has been a food distribution plan." Heather said. "I haven't told Amy yet, but it's a plan to allow the KDF to open new food banks and homeless shelters across California. If it passes, we'll get a contract going with Amy and Rob to get them to help produce the food, and then you guys..." She pointed to the four recruits, "will be paid for delivering the food to these banks and shelters. You'd be delivering as Kaiju too. It's faster, and you can carry more that way."
Mist's eyes go wide, wonder on his face as he considers the idea of running around the city as a Kaiju. A new experience, to be sure. "Well, if it's for the public good..." He replies with a sheepish smile.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 am Julian listened to the Colonel as she outlaid the plan. "One of these days," he said in an aside to Mist, hiding his mouth from the others by a hand, "someone's going to let me drive a van..." He dropped the hand to pick up more food. "Delivering by foot? That'll put Deliveryoo out of business."
The mage gives a soft laugh, bringing a bite of food up to cover a hesitant muttered response. "Mr. Gregg said someday we should go sightseeing. Maybe you can take a shift driving."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, just a nice button shirt is fine. It's just a casual affair, but you know celebrities. They like to show off, even when they're relaxing." Ryan answers flippantly.
"And, well, you have to consider the context of when they were first made, Wildfire. Godzilla, who started the "kaiju genre" was an allegory for the nuclear bombs that literally flattened cities in Japan. And, I suppose, we look a whole lot bigger to non-kaiju folk than we realise, sometimes." the otter points out, reaching for his glass.

~~~~~~~~
"Giving Allen some competition then, Colonel?" Ted can't resist grinning.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:32 pm "Well, it's Hollywood, what do you expect? Realism?" Mordecai replied then smirking a little, "Let's be honest here; The standard movie goer doesn't care about the politics and what a kaiju's morning routine is. They only want to see action mixed with epic sounding music against a multi-million dollar spectacle. Speaking of Hollywood uh Ryan? How would rather I dress for your little yacht party? Suit and tie or just a nice button shirt?"
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:52 am "Oh, just a nice button shirt is fine. It's just a casual affair, but you know celebrities. They like to show off, even when they're relaxing." Ryan answers flippantly.
"And, well, you have to consider the context of when they were first made, Wildfire. Godzilla, who started the "kaiju genre" was an allegory for the nuclear bombs that literally flattened cities in Japan. And, I suppose, we look a whole lot bigger to non-kaiju folk than we realise, sometimes." the otter points out, reaching for his glass.
"I suppose you have a point." Wildfire said, reaching for his own drink.

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 am Julian listened to the Colonel as she outlaid the plan. "One of these days," he said in an aside to Mist, hiding his mouth from the others by a hand, "someone's going to let me drive a van..." He dropped the hand to pick up more food. "Delivering by foot? That'll put Deliveryoo out of business."
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:12 am Mist's eyes go wide, wonder on his face as he considers the idea of running around the city as a Kaiju. A new experience, to be sure. "Well, if it's for the public good..." He replies with a sheepish smile.
"I'm glad you're enthusiastic about this." Heather said, looking pleased. "I personally think it's a good opportunity for everyone."
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:52 am "Giving Allen some competition then, Colonel?" Ted can't resist grinning.
Heather laughed. "I guess you could say that. Once he's old enough, though, you can bet we'll be looking to get his help with this project."

As the Colonel spoke, Amy appeared behind Ted. She was holding a gallon bowl full of a sweet smelling salad in one hand and a vegetarian quiche half her size on a plate in the other. Without looking or acknowledging Tigress in any way, she placed the food in front of the Hare. "Here you go, Doc! Enjoy your meal!"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:32 pm "Well, it's Hollywood, what do you expect? Realism?" Mordecai replied then smirking a little, "Let's be honest here; The standard movie goer doesn't care about the politics and what a kaiju's morning routine is. They only want to see action mixed with epic sounding music against a multi-million dollar spectacle. Speaking of Hollywood uh Ryan? How would rather I dress for your little yacht party? Suit and tie or just a nice button shirt?"
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:52 am "Oh, just a nice button shirt is fine. It's just a casual affair, but you know celebrities. They like to show off, even when they're relaxing." Ryan answers flippantly.
"I suppose you have a point." Wildfire said, reaching for his own drink.

"Plus, you have to remember; Not everyone sees us as a force for good," Mordecai added while reclining on the couch, "People tend to associate anything with the word 'monster' or 'kaiju' as a villain and never as a hero. Sure, you have some that are clearly meant seen as nothing more then good guys, but 90% of the time? We're the villains. I honestly think the only ones who see us as good people are children but can you blame them? Heck, we Tikbalang are still wondering to this day why children feel more safe around us when they see us then any other kaiju in the world."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am "I'm glad you're enthusiastic about this." Heather said, looking pleased. "I personally think it's a good opportunity for everyone."
Mist flashes a radiant smile for a split second, a small nod hiding it as he silently returns to finishing his meal.
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am As the Colonel spoke, Amy appeared behind Ted. She was holding a gallon bowl full of a sweet smelling salad in one hand and a vegetarian quiche half her size on a plate in the other. Without looking or acknowledging Tigress in any way, she placed the food in front of the Hare. "Here you go, Doc! Enjoy your meal!"
A similar smile from the larger feline, though somewhat subdued and nowhere near as kind. She doesn't acknowledge the waitress's entrance, but there's no doubt she's aware of her silent treatment and seems to enjoy it. Her son takes a moment extra to notice the movement, but upon doing so he freezes up - ears springing alert and knocking the hat forward against his muzzle and covering his eyes. The embers of the smile remain, Mist having no clue how to react.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian chuckled at Mist's reaction. "May I," he asked, waiting for acceptance before adjusting Mist's hat slightly so the youth could at least see properly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I like the idea of helping distribute food to a food kitchen. Might actually get to do something useful with this other than getting from place to place quicker," Gregg said in the middle of folding his napkin on the table. He finished in time to place a hand over his mouth, stifling a chuckle, at Mists reaction.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm Julian chuckled at Mist's reaction. "May I," he asked, waiting for acceptance before adjusting Mist's hat slightly so the youth could at least see properly.
There's a split second as Julian reaches over that a murderous glare locks onto him from the other side of the table, persisting until the cat gives a careful nod. Mist gives a whispered "Thanks." with an embarrassed smile, mumbling "Not a real hat trick... It's a bit too big to cut holes in the brim for my ears, so every time they move, it messes up."" He manages to bring his hands up to prop it back into place atop his head, laying his ears back and flat to hold it. Tigress immediately redirects her attention elsewhere, apparently pretending it hadn't happened at all.
Deske wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm "I like the idea of helping distribute food to a food kitchen. Might actually get to do something useful with this other than getting from place to place quicker," Gregg said in the middle of folding his napkin on the table. He finished in time to place a hand over his mouth, stifling a chuckle, at Mists reaction.
Subtly trying to push the attention away from his ridiculous apparel Mist quickly replies "Oh, you said you use fire, right? That could help keep meals warm! I'm sure people would like that, always better than reheating..."
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I bet he's raring to go already!" Ted smiles.
"He's got a bundle of energy and a huge heart. You won't be able to keep him away from the project when he finds out."

Inspired by Greg, he's also folding his napkin. Having sensed Amy's mood when he entered, he's decided to surprise her, in hopes of cheering her up.

By the time the Cornucopia arrives at his table, he's turned his paper napkin into a lotus flower, a task which looks a lot more difficult than it really is.

"Thanks, Amy! Brilliant service, as always!" he smiles, offering her the lotus with a generous tip cupped inside.

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, I wonder why that is, Mr. Mayor." Ryan agrees.
"Couldn't possibly have anything to do with 'cute horsey", could it?" he teases with a wide grin.
"Girls looooove ponies and boys love pretending to be cowboys."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:06 am "Yeah, I wonder why that is, Mr. Mayor." Ryan agrees.
"Couldn't possibly have anything to do with 'cute horsey", could it?" he teases with a wide grin.
"Girls looooove ponies and boys love pretending to be cowboys."
As much as he wanted to send Ryan out the door, Mordecai could only shoot a glare over, along with a face that screamed 'Seriously?', in response. "My people went through that enough with the whole My Little Pony show that aired, thank you very much," he then said, still glaring at Ryan, before chuckling, "In all seriousness, children having a connection with us has been around even before I was born and, heck, even before we arrived in the States back during the Civil War." A grin then came across his face as he turned towards Titus, "It's funny you talk of me with ponies and cowboys, what about Titus here? When it comes to his fans, they either think of him like Toothless or they think he's Smaug."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am As much as he wanted to send Ryan out the door, Mordecai could only shoot a glare over, along with a face that screamed 'Seriously?', in response. "My people went through that enough with the whole My Little Pony show that aired, thank you very much," he then said, still glaring at Ryan, before chuckling, "In all seriousness, children having a connection with us has been around even before I was born and, heck, even before we arrived in the States back during the Civil War." A grin then came across his face as he turned towards Titus, "It's funny you talk of me with ponies and cowboys, what about Titus here? When it comes to his fans, they either think of him like Toothless or they think he's Smaug."
Wildfire put his glass down, rolled his eyes almost out of socket, and flopped backwards in his seat. "Ugh. Don't remind me. Be glad you're not a dragon, both of you. We've got the craziest of fans, asking for the craziest of things. Had one fan club ask if they could take a group photo inside of my mouth and inside of my stomach. I don't know how many times I've had to tell them 'No.'" The dragon groaned. "That's not even the weirdest of them. Ever watch Rick and Morty? I haven't, but apparently a lot of people have, and one day all the Rick and Morty fans just went completely nuts about me. It was really freaking weird, and I still have no idea what happened!"

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm A similar smile from the larger feline, though somewhat subdued and nowhere near as kind. She doesn't acknowledge the waitress's entrance, but there's no doubt she's aware of her silent treatment and seems to enjoy it. Her son takes a moment extra to notice the movement, but upon doing so he freezes up - ears springing alert and knocking the hat forward against his muzzle and covering his eyes. The embers of the smile remain, Mist having no clue how to react.
Amy seemed to notice what happened with the hat and giggled slightly.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm Julian chuckled at Mist's reaction. "May I," he asked, waiting for acceptance before adjusting Mist's hat slightly so the youth could at least see properly.
Deske wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm "I like the idea of helping distribute food to a food kitchen. Might actually get to do something useful with this other than getting from place to place quicker," Gregg said in the middle of folding his napkin on the table. He finished in time to place a hand over his mouth, stifling a chuckle, at Mists reaction.
"We really should go down to the valley sometime soon." Heather said, considering the Kaiju around her. "I really want to see what all of you can do. So far the only one who's seen everyone's Kaiju form is the Doctor here."
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:06 am "I bet he's raring to go already!" Ted smiles.
"He's got a bundle of energy and a huge heart. You won't be able to keep him away from the project when he finds out."

Inspired by Greg, he's also folding his napkin. Having sensed Amy's mood when he entered, he's decided to surprise her, in hopes of cheering her up.

By the time the Cornucopia arrives at his table, he's turned his paper napkin into a lotus flower, a task which looks a lot more difficult than it really is.

"Thanks, Amy! Brilliant service, as always!" he smiles, offering her the lotus with a generous tip cupped inside.
"Thank you very much, Dr. Babbage!" Amy smiled back, accepting the lotus and tip. "Can I get any of you anything else?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I admit I'd be interested too," Julian admitted, after telling Amy that this was perfectly fine and, indeed, more than he'd had in a meal for several years, "although I fear my form is pretty boring, as the Doc can tell you. It's just a big me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:10 pm "Thank you very much, Dr. Babbage!" Amy smiled back, accepting the lotus and tip. "Can I get any of you anything else?"
The youngest recruit manages to snap his attention from the intricate folding, shaking his head slightly (with one hand on the brim) to regain some alertness. He didn't respond to Heather's remark for a number of reasons and did his best to distract himself from it. A lot of his motivation for joining the KDF was learning how to do Kaiju things, but it didn't really make him eager to shift. Especially not around others... maybe he could get out of it. "Oh! I - can I please..."

He pauses midway through the question, drifting down to stare at the food he'd only ate half of. Not for lack of hunger, just lack of time. He'd done his best to be polite and it had been painstakingly slow. A small laugh escapes the cat as he looks back up, clearly embarrassed. "...are there takeout boxes for something this big? I don't want to waste it..."

Tigress gives a small nod in response to Heather, adding with a grin "I'm still waiting for a chance to fight someone like those two on the road earlier." She deliberately does not think about what happened afterwards, merely locking her hands behind her head with a wide yawn.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Mmm, not what I meant Mist. Wrong kind of fire, I'll show you when we get to the valley" Gregg said, placing his tip on the table. "I have to agree with Colonel Heather, I'm itching to get down to valley. A stretch in the doctors office is a good relief, but nothing like actually relaxing in a valley. Thank you for your hospitality Amy."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:10 pm Wildfire put his glass down, rolled his eyes almost out of socket, and flopped backwards in his seat. "Ugh. Don't remind me. Be glad you're not a dragon, both of you. We've got the craziest of fans, asking for the craziest of things. Had one fan club ask if they could take a group photo inside of my mouth and inside of my stomach. I don't know how many times I've had to tell them 'No.'" The dragon groaned. "That's not even the weirdest of them. Ever watch Rick and Morty? I haven't, but apparently a lot of people have, and one day all the Rick and Morty fans just went completely nuts about me. It was really freaking weird, and I still have no idea what happened!"
"Oh, THAT show," Mordecai groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "I never watched that show but I know exactly what moment you are referring to. Honestly, I see why dragons got he reputation they have, sadly, seeing as how some people react to them and just from what you said." He reached for his drink then and took a sip as he stood up from the couch and walked over to the windows that faced the city, "Mind if I ask you two a question, if I could change the subject? These buildings; How many times have they been rebuilt due to RK attacks? I'm surprised the city has the budget to maintain them."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Eh, Ted and I watched an episode or two but we didn't really like it. Just didn't appeal to our sense of humour, I guess." Ryan comments, following Mordecai to the window.

"Actually, less than you think." he answers. "Turns out having a fire-breathing dragon flying about is a pretty good deterrent against most attacks."

~~~~~~~~
"Actually, yes please, Amy. I'm a silly duffer and I forgot to order a drink before. Could I have a regular Kaiju-sized mineral water, please?" Ted asks politely, picking up his cutlery.
"Actually, Colonel, even I haven't seen everyone's Kaiju forms. It would be interesting to see them all. I don't want to hold you up though. It's going to take me a while to get through all this. Unless I bring it with me and eat it in Kaiju form..." he ponders for a moment before turning his attention to Julian.
"Come now, Julian. We both know you're not as boring as you pretend to be." he winks.
"Nothing wrong with being a Colossus anyway. Some of my best friends are Colossi."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 am "Eh, Ted and I watched an episode or two but we didn't really like it. Just didn't appeal to our sense of humour, I guess." Ryan comments, following Mordecai to the window.

"Actually, less than you think." he answers. "Turns out having a fire-breathing dragon flying about is a pretty good deterrent against most attacks."
Mordecai nods, his eyes shifting to Ryan's pool for a bit, "I bet it is, though mind you I bet the other reason is that most RK's don't want to attack someone who can fly and is essentially a AC-130. Still, if a building or two does get damaged or destroyed, do you folks actually help with the reconstruction or is it more or less the city's job there?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm "I admit I'd be interested too," Julian admitted, after telling Amy that this was perfectly fine and, indeed, more than he'd had in a meal for several years, "although I fear my form is pretty boring, as the Doc can tell you. It's just a big me."
"Boring is in the eye of the beholder. I know a lot of scientists who are particularly interested in Colossi Kaiju above almost any other common Kaiju form." Heather commented, crumpling up the paper her food came wrapped in. "Apparently, Colossi just function completely differently and have a different history from other Kaiju forms."
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 pm
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:10 pm "Thank you very much, Dr. Babbage!" Amy smiled back, accepting the lotus and tip. "Can I get any of you anything else?"
The youngest recruit manages to snap his attention from the intricate folding, shaking his head slightly (with one hand on the brim) to regain some alertness. He didn't respond to Heather's remark for a number of reasons and did his best to distract himself from it. A lot of his motivation for joining the KDF was learning how to do Kaiju things, but it didn't really make him eager to shift. Especially not around others... maybe he could get out of it. "Oh! I - can I please..."

He pauses midway through the question, drifting down to stare at the food he'd only ate half of. Not for lack of hunger, just lack of time. He'd done his best to be polite and it had been painstakingly slow. A small laugh escapes the cat as he looks back up, clearly embarrassed. "...are there takeout boxes for something this big? I don't want to waste it..."

Tigress gives a small nod in response to Heather, adding with a grin "I'm still waiting for a chance to fight someone like those two on the road earlier." She deliberately does not think about what happened afterwards, merely locking her hands behind her head with a wide yawn.
Amy nods at Mist's request for a takeout box. "I can get you a few boxes."

Meanwhile, Heather was responding to Tigress. "There's still some paperwork and bureaucratic junk I need to do before I approve of any sparring or training."
Deske wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm "Mmm, not what I meant Mist. Wrong kind of fire, I'll show you when we get to the valley" Gregg said, placing his tip on the table. "I have to agree with Colonel Heather, I'm itching to get down to valley. A stretch in the doctors office is a good relief, but nothing like actually relaxing in a valley. Thank you for your hospitality Amy."
Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 am "Actually, yes please, Amy. I'm a silly duffer and I forgot to order a drink before. Could I have a regular Kaiju-sized mineral water, please?" Ted asks politely, picking up his cutlery.
"Actually, Colonel, even I haven't seen everyone's Kaiju forms. It would be interesting to see them all. I don't want to hold you up though. It's going to take me a while to get through all this. Unless I bring it with me and eat it in Kaiju form..." he ponders for a moment before turning his attention to Julian.
"Come now, Julian. We both know you're not as boring as you pretend to be." he winks.
"Nothing wrong with being a Colossus anyway. Some of my best friends are Colossi."
"One mineral water and a stack of boxes, coming right up!" Amy said, skipping off to the counter to retrieve the items.

"Sounds like you guys are just about ready to head out. I'm paying, by the way, Doctor." She added. "I'd suggest you join us in the valley once you're done eating, but I believe you have work to get back to, don't you?"

-----------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:57 am "Oh, THAT show," Mordecai groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "I never watched that show but I know exactly what moment you are referring to. Honestly, I see why dragons got he reputation they have, sadly, seeing as how some people react to them and just from what you said." He reached for his drink then and took a sip as he stood up from the couch and walked over to the windows that faced the city, "Mind if I ask you two a question, if I could change the subject? These buildings; How many times have they been rebuilt due to RK attacks? I'm surprised the city has the budget to maintain them."
"More than we'd like, but less than you'd think." Wildfire answered casually. "Once the city got approved to dip into the defense budget for construction materials, pretty much every tower in this city is built like a fortress. Not impossible to knock down, but a Kaiju would have to really be trying. Most 'Rogue Kaiju' aren't actually trying to do a lot of collateral damage." he explained.
Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 am "Eh, Ted and I watched an episode or two but we didn't really like it. Just didn't appeal to our sense of humour, I guess." Ryan comments, following Mordecai to the window.

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 am Mordecai nods, his eyes shifting to Ryan's pool for a bit, "I bet it is, though mind you I bet the other reason is that most RK's don't want to attack someone who can fly and is essentially a AC-130. Still, if a building or two does get damaged or destroyed, do you folks actually help with the reconstruction or is it more or less the city's job there?"
"That's true enough. I'm way bigger than an AC-130 and a lot more powerful. It keeps the city safe from the leviathans and the living plagues, at least. Most quote-unquote 'Rogue Kaiju' shift by accident, by impulse, out of desperation, or in anger over something specific. I can't tell you how many 'Rogue Kaiju' shifted because a hunter tried to kill their kid, or husband, or friend, or the Kaiju themselves. Sometimes hunters go after non-Kaiju affiliates of Kaiju just to provoke the Kaiju into shifting." Wildfire leaned forward in his seat, sighing. "People see the reaction, not what prompted it. It's an effective way to demonize us. Either way, 'Rogue Kaiju' often have things on their mind besides wanton destruction."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm "That's true enough. I'm way bigger than an AC-130 and a lot more powerful. It keeps the city safe from the leviathans and the living plagues, at least. Most quote-unquote 'Rogue Kaiju' shift by accident, by impulse, out of desperation, or in anger over something specific. I can't tell you how many 'Rogue Kaiju' shifted because a hunter tried to kill their kid, or husband, or friend, or the Kaiju themselves. Sometimes hunters go after non-Kaiju affiliates of Kaiju just to provoke the Kaiju into shifting." Wildfire leaned forward in his seat, sighing. "People see the reaction, not what prompted it. It's an effective way to demonize us. Either way, 'Rogue Kaiju' often have things on their mind besides wanton destruction."
"That's mankind for you; If they don't like it, they'll find a way to demonize it." Mordecai sighed, scratching his chin, "Anyway, to get onto something lighter, as it seems we can't stop talking the serious topics, got a bit of a question for both of you: I know you own a limo, Ryan, but do either of you have your own personal vehicle you drive?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm "Mmm, not what I meant Mist. Wrong kind of fire, I'll show you when we get to the valley" Gregg said, placing his tip on the table.
The mage's attention returns to his remaining food with a noncommittal "Ah." There's no attempt to eat further, he just gives it a somewhat puzzled look.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm Amy nods at Mist's request for a takeout box. "I can get you a few boxes."

Meanwhile, Heather was responding to Tigress. "There's still some paperwork and bureaucratic junk I need to do before I approve of any sparring or training."
A quick shift to look up at Amy, then a quicker shift to not look directly at her. "Thank you!" he responds, a bright smile paired along.

His mother raises an eyebrow at the Colonel, the brazen attitude dropping to an impatient frown. "Didn't we just do all that? You have my signature and my blood, what else is there?" As though automatic her arms cross, but one hand slides up the right to press the site of the minor wound as though testing for tenderness. Nothing obvious results from it, and the hand drops back into the annoyed cradle.
Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 am [...] "Actually, Colonel, even I haven't seen everyone's Kaiju forms. It would be interesting to see them all. I don't want to hold you up though. It's going to take me a while to get through all this. Unless I bring it with me and eat it in Kaiju form..." he ponders for a moment before turning his attention to Julian. [...]
Mist's claws press against the bottom of the chair as he shifts in his seat, his nerves immediately threatening to get the best of him. Nothing better than an audience, right? Especially when the audience is the medical professional who'd seen his mother break down over graffiti.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm "Sounds like you guys are just about ready to head out. I'm paying, by the way, Doctor." She added. "I'd suggest you join us in the valley once you're done eating, but I believe you have work to get back to, don't you?"
The velvet hat dips to the right as that ear flicks backwards. He reaffixes it gently, mumbling into the air "You deserve a break after that whole mess... probably don't want to follow us around. Especially if you have to go back to work afterwards."
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry too much on it, Tigress," Julian advised. "Soldiers wage war with guns, claws and swords. bureaucrats wage war with forms and reports. It's always better to got the 'i's and cross the 't's than cross swords with the bureaucrats. And thank you, Doctor." He looked to the Colonel. "I admit I don't know too much about our own history. I might learn a few things."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm Meanwhile, Heather was responding to Tigress. "There's still some paperwork and bureaucratic junk I need to do before I approve of any sparring or training."
"What's the worst that could go wrong, Colonel? You'll have a doctor there to look after them." Ted asks with a mischievous grin.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm "Sounds like you guys are just about ready to head out. I'm paying, by the way, Doctor." She added. "I'd suggest you join us in the valley once you're done eating, but I believe you have work to get back to, don't you?"
"Only paperwork. I'm the on-call doctor this afternoon so I haven't got any appointments booked so I'm free for any emergencies. As long as we stay on the KDF campus though I can roam around all I like." Ted answers.
"And I've already done so much paperwork this morning that I think my eyes will go square if I so much as look at a computer screen for the next two hours. And I wish you'd told me that earlier because I already paid on my way in."

~~~~~~~~
"Oh yeah. I have a little Mazda I whip around in. Ted drives a little old VW Beetle because he likes their style. He's saving up for something more turn of the century though." Ryan answers.
"What about you, Mr. Mayor?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:57 am "Oh yeah. I have a little Mazda I whip around in. Ted drives a little old VW Beetle because he likes their style. He's saving up for something more turn of the century though." Ryan answers.
"What about you, Mr. Mayor?"
With a chuckle and a rubbing of the back of his neck, Mordecai replies, "Well, along with a chauffer who drives his own car, which I help pay for the gas, I own two vehicles; I mostly drive a '95 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle, custom built by the factory, and a '77 Pontiac Trans-Am Firebird. I was always a fan of muscle cars and I enjoy working on them so, I saved up some cash, and bought the '77 for myself."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sounds like Doc's onboard, Colonel," Gregg said as he stood up. "Not like he'd have an issue getting around if that's a concern."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:45 am "That's mankind for you; If they don't like it, they'll find a way to demonize it." Mordecai sighed, scratching his chin, "Anyway, to get onto something lighter, as it seems we can't stop talking the serious topics, got a bit of a question for both of you: I know you own a limo, Ryan, but do either of you have your own personal vehicle you drive?"
"I've got an electric truck. Four doors, surprisingly good legroom." Wildfire answered. "Though I'm restricted to flying around for now. Heather borrowed the truck until I can replace her car. I... sort of sat on it by mistake..." The dragon said, his internal flame lighting up his cheeks with his embarrassment.

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:46 pm A quick shift to look up at Amy, then a quicker shift to not look directly at her. "Thank you!" he responds, a bright smile paired along.

His mother raises an eyebrow at the Colonel, the brazen attitude dropping to an impatient frown. "Didn't we just do all that? You have my signature and my blood, what else is there?" As though automatic her arms cross, but one hand slides up the right to press the site of the minor wound as though testing for tenderness. Nothing obvious results from it, and the hand drops back into the annoyed cradle.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:25 pm "Don't worry too much on it, Tigress," Julian advised. "Soldiers wage war with guns, claws and swords. bureaucrats wage war with forms and reports. It's always better to got the 'i's and cross the 't's than cross swords with the bureaucrats. And thank you, Doctor." He looked to the Colonel. "I admit I don't know too much about our own history. I might learn a few things."
"Exactly." Heather nodded at Julian's comment. "It's nothing you need to worry about, Tigress. But I'm not all powerful in the KDF. Even I have a boss who has to approve of your application - Don't worry, he never turns down an application I've approved of, it's more a formality - and there's a load of beurocratic red tape and junk I have to navigate."

As she was talking, Amy returned with the doctor's bottle of mineral water and a bunch of large boxes for the food.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:57 am "Only paperwork. I'm the on-call doctor this afternoon so I haven't got any appointments booked so I'm free for any emergencies. As long as we stay on the KDF campus though I can roam around all I like." Ted answers.
"And I've already done so much paperwork this morning that I think my eyes will go square if I so much as look at a computer screen for the next two hours. And I wish you'd told me that earlier because I already paid on my way in."
Deske wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm "Sounds like Doc's onboard, Colonel," Gregg said as he stood up. "Not like he'd have an issue getting around if that's a concern."
Heather shrugged and stood up, taking her plate with her. "Well, then I won't argue it. If everyone's ready, we can get going. You want to take your food and ride with us down there, Doctor? Or are you going to finish your food and come down later?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:20 pm "I've got an electric truck. Four doors, surprisingly good legroom." Wildfire answered. "Though I'm restricted to flying around for now. Heather borrowed the truck until I can replace her car. I... sort of sat on it by mistake..." The dragon said, his internal flame lighting up his cheeks with his embarrassment.
Mordecai chuckled, the image of Wildfire sitting on a car as a dragon was pretty funny, and was about to reply when his phone went off, "Excuse me," he said instead, pulling the phone out and checking it. "My apologies," He then said while he typed away, "It's one of my council members, Giovanni. His son works for the IRS and is visiting him as he has the week off, so he asked if he could take a few days off to spend some time with him, which I said yes to."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Julian said, getting ready to stand up, "I'm about ready... Hmm," he added, picking a bit of tomato ketchup off his shirt with a finger, "that's kinda typical."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:57 am "What's the worst that could go wrong, Colonel? You'll have a doctor there to look after them." Ted asks with a mischievous grin.
Tigress stands and stretches again, an innocent smile on her face as she replies "See? Doc's in on it. Regular exercise is good for you, shakes out the cobwebs." Her chair is forced back under the table casually before she takes a step back, watching the Colonel.
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:20 pm "Exactly." Heather nodded at Julian's comment. "It's nothing you need to worry about, Tigress. But I'm not all powerful in the KDF. Even I have a boss who has to approve of your application - Don't worry, he never turns down an application I've approved of, it's more a formality - and there's a load of beurocratic red tape and junk I have to navigate."

As she was talking, Amy returned with the doctor's bottle of mineral water and a bunch of large boxes for the food.
The Raksasi rolls her eyes, crossing her arms as she presses "Can we just pretend I'm a rogue or something? Don't you guys recruit them too? Or maybe temporary insanity? That's a thing, right?"

Mist gives a gentle thankful reply as he takes a box, packing the rest of his meal away with minor difficulty. He mumbles "Mom, save the treason for after you're approved." under his breath, but her attention flicks to him regardless. The smile seems unaffected; if anything, she seems entertained by the notion.

There's a brief moment as Mist wipes the table with one of his napkins wherein he lifts the milkshake, places it back down, and goes to continue cleaning - but his hand doesn't release it. Both ears fall immediately, a slight grimace slashing his demeanor as he pretends nothing is wrong. Tigress gives a single laugh, circling the table to stand by him. One hand removes Mist's from the milkshake, the visibly solid layer of frost coating the fur rapidly beginning to melt, while the other grabs a spare napkin. Mist whispers another thankful reply, standing and grabbing his meal (and immediately facing towards the exit) while Tigress continues, unfazed, "Not like I can see dirt, but you were in the same dusty warehouse we were." as she holds the napkin out to Julian. Her stance, as usual, lends an almost commanding effect, but her tone is oddly genuine.

"Alright Heather, let's get this show on the road!"
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Julian queried, looking up. He took the napkin from Tigress. "Thanks, Tigress," he said, carefully using the napkin to clean the spot as effectively as he could. "Simile for life, isn't it," he asked gently. "However careful you are, there's always a bit that gets you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"And fair enough too. Gotta keep a good relationship with the IRS, right?" Ryan quips as he scrolls through his own phone. He brings up a picture and flips the phone around to show Mordecai a picture of himself leaning casually against a Mazda MX-5/Mazda Miata.
"Oh, and if you want to see a video of Wildfire squashing Heather's car... Kidding, Wildfire, I'm kidding! Even I couldn't get hold of that particular bit of security footage. N-not that I tried, of course..." the sea otter adds with the most innocent smile he can muster.

~~~~~~~~
Ted shrugs and starts packing his food into the boxes.
"Eh, I can eat on the run. I don't want to miss this. Thanks, Amy."
DdeeStar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:16 pm Tigress stands and stretches again, an innocent smile on her face as she replies "See? Doc's in on it. Regular exercise is good for you, shakes out the cobwebs." Her chair is forced back under the table casually before she takes a step back, watching the Colonel.
"She's right about that." Ted grins mischievously.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 am "And fair enough too. Gotta keep a good relationship with the IRS, right?" Ryan quips as he scrolls through his own phone. He brings up a picture and flips the phone around to show Mordecai a picture of himself leaning casually against a Mazda MX-5/Mazda Miata.
"Oh, and if you want to see a video of Wildfire squashing Heather's car... Kidding, Wildfire, I'm kidding! Even I couldn't get hold of that particular bit of security footage. N-not that I tried, of course..." the sea otter adds with the most innocent smile he can muster.
"That's a nice little car," Mordecai remarked as he then leaned in close to Ryan's ear and whispered, loudly on purpose, "Send me that video, I have got to see that," then looking over at Wildfire with a smirk, "As for the IRS? Well, when we arrived here to your home and I headed outside to make a call? Well, that was to one of my council members, the aforementioned Giovanni. While the main conversation was private, I did let him know casually about Mike and his offshore account and to let his son know about it. That text just now? Yes, his son is visiting as he has the week off but, with your permission Wildfire since this is your jurisdiction, he wants to do a full investigation into Mike and the offshore accounts, something his team been wanting to do since they been having suspicions about him."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:43 am Mordecai chuckled, the image of Wildfire sitting on a car as a dragon was pretty funny, and was about to reply when his phone went off, "Excuse me," he said instead, pulling the phone out and checking it. "My apologies," He then said while he typed away, "It's one of my council members, Giovanni. His son works for the IRS and is visiting him as he has the week off, so he asked if he could take a few days off to spend some time with him, which I said yes to."
Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 am "And fair enough too. Gotta keep a good relationship with the IRS, right?" Ryan quips as he scrolls through his own phone. He brings up a picture and flips the phone around to show Mordecai a picture of himself leaning casually against a Mazda MX-5/Mazda Miata.
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:11 am "That's a nice little car," Mordecai remarked as he then leaned in close to Ryan's ear and whispered, loudly on purpose, "Send me that video, I have got to see that," then looking over at Wildfire with a smirk, "As for the IRS? Well, when we arrived here to your home and I headed outside to make a call? Well, that was to one of my council members, the aforementioned Giovanni. While the main conversation was private, I did let him know casually about Mike and his offshore account and to let his son know about it. That text just now? Yes, his son is visiting as he has the week off but, with your permission Wildfire since this is your jurisdiction, he wants to do a full investigation into Mike and the offshore accounts, something his team been wanting to do since they been having suspicions about him."
"I swear, if I see that footage online or on some sort of funny video compilation, I'm turning both of your cars into chew toys." Wildfire warned as his face literally glowed red under the scales on his cheeks.

"Anyway..." he said, clearing his throat. He was glad to move on. "I can talk to Heather to get what we know about Mike released to the IRS, but I have a feeling they know most of it already. If they didn't have enough to investigate him before, I'm not sure if that will change."

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:34 am "Well," Julian said, getting ready to stand up, "I'm about ready... Hmm," he added, picking a bit of tomato ketchup off his shirt with a finger, "that's kinda typical."
DdeeStar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:16 pm Tigress stands and stretches again, an innocent smile on her face as she replies "See? Doc's in on it. Regular exercise is good for you, shakes out the cobwebs." Her chair is forced back under the table casually before she takes a step back, watching the Colonel.
Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 am "She's right about that." Ted grins mischievously.
Heather raised her hands in defeat. "Alright, alright. Fine. We use the area for training, so I can just chalk up any damages to regular use." She said. "Just don't use any actual fire. We don't want the entire state bursting into flame again."

heather stood up and thanked Amy for the service. "I just realized, the truck's full up. Doctor, do you have a car to take you down to the training area? Or are you planning on running?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 pm "I swear, if I see that footage online or on some sort of funny video compilation, I'm turning both of your cars into chew toys." Wildfire warned as his face literally glowed red under the scales on his cheeks.

"Anyway..." he said, clearing his throat. He was glad to move on. "I can talk to Heather to get what we know about Mike released to the IRS, but I have a feeling they know most of it already. If they didn't have enough to investigate him before, I'm not sure if that will change."
Mordecai laughed before clearing his throat, "Well, from my chats with Giovanni's son a few times, I know they've been watching him, and his family on a whole, for a while now ever since they received an anonymous tip a couple of months back, in regards to those accounts. With the evidence they already have, along with whatever you and Heather provide, it'll be plenty enough for them to do what they usually do in cases like these and, same time, get the Department Of Justice involved. Could Mike try to act innocent? Pretty sure anyone would in their situation but, with everything both the IRS and you have on him, I'm pretty sure even a TV judge would see through that veil of lies."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Don't worry, Wildfire. I'm not silly enough to do that." Ryan promises. "That sort of footage without context would only harm the Kaiju community anyway."
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 pm "Anyway..." he said, clearing his throat. He was glad to move on. "I can talk to Heather to get what we know about Mike released to the IRS, but I have a feeling they know most of it already. If they didn't have enough to investigate him before, I'm not sure if that will change."
"Yeah, the Mayor is right. at the very least, it can't hurt. It may add to what they have and give them the justification they need to go after him." the sea otter points out, crossing back to the coffee table and exchanging his phone for another chip and his glass of drink.
"So, that's one crook we don't have to worry about shaking down at the party. Two to go."

~~~~~~~~
"Eh, I'll run. Got room in the trunk for my food though?" Ted asks, standing and hefting his lunch.
"Bet I can beat you there!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm "Hmm," Julian queried, looking up. He took the napkin from Tigress. "Thanks, Tigress," he said, carefully using the napkin to clean the spot as effectively as he could. "Simile for life, isn't it," he asked gently. "However careful you are, there's always a bit that gets you."
A short, stunned pause; then "Where was that when you depantsed yourself earlier?" she replies, seemingly thrown off by the response.
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 pm Heather raised her hands in defeat. "Alright, alright. Fine. We use the area for training, so I can just chalk up any damages to regular use." She said. "Just don't use any actual fire. We don't want the entire state bursting into flame again."
Both Rakshasa immediately turn their full attention to Heather, one visibly apprehensive and the other beaming with triumph. "Finally." A malicious growl escapes the smile, which is quickly corrected with a clearing of the throat and a nearly pleasant "Thank you, I mean." There's a slight shift in her stance, almost as though she were readying for melee on the spot - her muscles loosen but her weight shifts slightly lower and forward, the lean secondary to the constant curling and uncurling of her fingers into a fist. Her eyes gleam with frenzied excitement, but aside from the constant motion of her hands she seems temporarily pacified.

Mist, on the other hand, seems mostly unaffected, almost invisible as he stands silently nearer to the door. His ears fall back and his attention flicks to some other random decoration in the room, but his expression keeps a neutral intent. The only clear indicator of his worries is the violent twitching of his tail.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg pushed in his chair and brushed down his shirt with his hands, smoothing out any wrinkles he could. "I can deliver your left overs to your house if you want, Doc," he offered. "It's what I do with mine if I'm not heading home after going out to eat," Gregg said, turning towards the door.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:03 am Mordecai laughed before clearing his throat, "Well, from my chats with Giovanni's son a few times, I know they've been watching him, and his family on a whole, for a while now ever since they received an anonymous tip a couple of months back, in regards to those accounts. With the evidence they already have, along with whatever you and Heather provide, it'll be plenty enough for them to do what they usually do in cases like these and, same time, get the Department Of Justice involved. Could Mike try to act innocent? Pretty sure anyone would in their situation but, with everything both the IRS and you have on him, I'm pretty sure even a TV judge would see through that veil of lies."
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:14 am "Yeah, the Mayor is right. at the very least, it can't hurt. It may add to what they have and give them the justification they need to go after him." the sea otter points out, crossing back to the coffee table and exchanging his phone for another chip and his glass of drink.
"So, that's one crook we don't have to worry about shaking down at the party. Two to go."
"Richard Busch and Jeffrey Mason. They're going to be tough." Wildfire nodded. "What Richard did was a complete jerk move, but it wasn't exactly illegal. If his actions cost him business though, we could get him fired by his board of directors. Jeff likely did do something illegal, but we can't confront or accuse him at the party anyway without more evidence, and to get that, we need to talk to some of his former workers." The dragon waved a hand dismissively. "But we've already talked about that. I think Busch is the only one we can actually confront during the party. The question is how to do it without alerting the other two that we're cracking down on unethical activity."

---------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am Both Rakshasa immediately turn their full attention to Heather, one visibly apprehensive and the other beaming with triumph. "Finally." A malicious growl escapes the smile, which is quickly corrected with a clearing of the throat and a nearly pleasant "Thank you, I mean." There's a slight shift in her stance, almost as though she were readying for melee on the spot - her muscles loosen but her weight shifts slightly lower and forward, the lean secondary to the constant curling and uncurling of her fingers into a fist. Her eyes gleam with frenzied excitement, but aside from the constant motion of her hands she seems temporarily pacified.

Mist, on the other hand, seems mostly unaffected, almost invisible as he stands silently nearer to the door. His ears fall back and his attention flicks to some other random decoration in the room, but his expression keeps a neutral intent. The only clear indicator of his worries is the violent twitching of his tail.
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:14 am "Eh, I'll run. Got room in the trunk for my food though?" Ted asks, standing and hefting his lunch.
"Bet I can beat you there!"
Deske wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:28 pm Gregg pushed in his chair and brushed down his shirt with his hands, smoothing out any wrinkles he could. "I can deliver your left overs to your house if you want, Doc," he offered. "It's what I do with mine if I'm not heading home after going out to eat," Gregg said, turning towards the door.
"You're riding with us in Wildfire's truck, Greg, remember?" Heather said. "You'd just end up putting it in the bed of the truck anyway." She turned to the doctor and nodded. "There's plenty of room in the bed of the truck. Just put it in, and you can retrieve it when we get down to the valley."

Heather started walking to the door. "We'll see you down there, doc. Come on, everyone. Time to go." She said, walking through the doors and through the main cafe towards the parking lot.
-Champion Motto