Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Deske »

"U-U-Uhh..." He said, taking a closer look at the now limp Tigress. "D-D-Doc? Doc!" He shouted, nearly instantaneously appearing next to the medical officer. "Sh-Sh-She seems like she's in pretty bad shape. I don't know what happened, usually it doesn't have that kind of effect on people, I don't know what's so special about her."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I agree, guys." Ryan laughs, "But it worked. He was so humiliated by having to walk to the office like that that he never bullied anyone again. I wasn't his only victim, you know. Funny thing is, we became friends. I felt bad about what I'd done so I gave him my jacket so he was at least partly covered. He can never find out though. As far as anyone knows it was a gas explosion in the sewer."

~~~~~~~~
Lightfoot is already moving when Gregg calls, having spotted the prone form through the thinning fog. He doesn't waste time answering the hellhound as he hurries to his patient and taps her palm with two fingers.
"Tigress? Can you hear me? Squeeze my paw if you can hear me. If you can hear me, I need you to Shift up. It will make your body deal with the gas more quickly. Can you Shift up for me?" he asks, placing an ear to her chest.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:23 pm Julian wished there was something he felt comfortable enough leaning on as he kinda felt a bit dreamy right now. He really felt like shifting down but he wasn't sure if Heather's system would be able to hear him that far away. "Southern gate beach Sandwich shop at Seven, Colonel," he said, wondering if she'd monitored his call earlier. Well, she might have. Military did that, didn't they?
"Alright. Don't worry, we'll get you back in time." Heather reassured Julian before noticing what was going on with Tigress. "...Julian, I need a lift down to where Tigress is, now." She said strictly.

---------------------------------

Wildfire sat back and allowed a small green flame to swirl down his arm and into his claws. He twirled the fire around his fingers before catching it in the palm of his hand. "How long 'til the pizza gets here?" he asked, opening his hand to reveal a lotus flower. He set the flower down on a nearby table. "Getting a little hungry."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:24 am Lightfoot is already moving when Gregg calls, having spotted the prone form through the thinning fog. He doesn't waste time answering the hellhound as he hurries to his patient and taps her palm with two fingers.
"Tigress? Can you hear me? Squeeze my paw if you can hear me. If you can hear me, I need you to Shift up. It will make your body deal with the gas more quickly. Can you Shift up for me?" he asks, placing an ear to her chest.
The paralyzed Zoomorph doesn't show any response at first, her heartbeat slowed and consistent as though she were peacefully asleep. The jagged breathing plays a strong contradiction: not gasping for air, but breathing deeply between intermittent full pauses mid-inhale or exhale. Finally, her disturbed hand snaps closed in what seems a sudden spasm, followed by a violent coughing fit. Each hoarse cough vents small amounts of the same smoke from her coat and mouth, its diluted effect being freed back into her surroundings, but after about a dozen she's returned to the semi-aware state of forced rest. The only notable change is that her hold on the doctor's paw loosens slightly, a firm intent replacing the locked muscles. Even with her mind buried in the choking static, following orders was automatic when her own thoughts wouldn't form. Had she the dexterity to wound herself further, she'd have Shifted on the spot, regardless of any collateral.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Absolutely, ma'am," Julian said, reaching out a hand for her. When on board, he shifted the Colonel to his shoulder and bade her hang on as he ran across to the situation and then let her down. He watched as the Doctor worked.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good. You can hear me then." Lightfoot nods approvingly, rolling Tigress into the recovery position as she coughs and making sure her airway is clear.
"That's it. Get it all out. Everyone, stand well clear. She'll Shift up in a moment, I hope. But she may not be able to control it." the hare warns. An idea occurs to him as he remembers his discussion in his office with Mist. He puts on a pair of gloves and pulls a lancet and an alcohol swab from his bag.
"I hope this works." he mutters to himself, swabbing one of Tigress' fingertips.
"Everyone clear? That includes you, Colonel." he cautions before pricking the stricken Zoomorph's sterilised fingerpad and watching the blood bead. He drops the lancet into a sharps container in his medical bag, then grabs the bag and runs backwards to join the rest of the group.
"Shift, Tigress! I know you can hear me! Shift if you can!"

~~~~~~~~
Ryan opens his mouth to reply to the dragon when the phone rings.
"Hello? Ah, wonderful, thanks! We'll be right down!" Hanging up the phone, the otter reaches for his phone and wallet.
"That was Lorraine, the gazelle down in reception. Pizza's here. I'll be right back." he says, crossing to the lift and pressing the button. The doors open immediately.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 am "Good. You can hear me then." Lightfoot nods approvingly, rolling Tigress into the recovery position as she coughs and making sure her airway is clear.
"That's it. Get it all out. Everyone, stand well clear. She'll Shift up in a moment, I hope. But she may not be able to control it." the hare warns. An idea occurs to him as he remembers his discussion in his office with Mist. He puts on a pair of gloves and pulls a lancet and an alcohol swab from his bag.
"I hope this works." he mutters to himself, swabbing one of Tigress' fingertips.
"Everyone clear? That includes you, Colonel." he cautions before pricking the stricken Zoomorph's sterilised fingerpad and watching the blood bead. He drops the lancet into a sharps container in his medical bag, then grabs the bag and runs backwards to join the rest of the group.
Heather nods at the doctor and retreats backwards. She threw her hand back and launched a cable from her wrist. It latched onto one of the fake buildings, then started pulling Heather up. Her body lurched, and she flew through the air towards the building, away from Tigress before the Kaiju could shift.

-----------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 am Ryan opens his mouth to reply to the dragon when the phone rings.
"Hello? Ah, wonderful, thanks! We'll be right down!" Hanging up the phone, the otter reaches for his phone and wallet.
"That was Lorraine, the gazelle down in reception. Pizza's here. I'll be right back." he says, crossing to the lift and pressing the button. The doors open immediately.
"Bet you I can get there first!" Wildfire said, jumping to his feet and making his way out to the balcony. The dragon jumped up and perched on the balcony rails. "See you down there, Ryan! Hah!"

With that, Wildfire leaned back and allowed himself to fall off of the balcony. He rocketed down the face of the building, feeling the wind in his hair and against his scales. When he was about halfway down the building, he opened his wings to catch the rushing air. His descent slowed, and he started gliding, spiraling down. He swooped and soared in circles as the parking lot below got closer, before finally going in for a landing. He put his legs forward, then hit the ground at a jog. Wildfire's wings folded back against his back, and he walked into the front door of the building into the lobby.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:50 pm
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 am Ryan opens his mouth to reply to the dragon when the phone rings.
"Bet you I can get there first!" Wildfire said, jumping to his feet and making his way out to the balcony. The dragon jumped up and perched on the balcony rails. "See you down there, Ryan! Hah!"

With that, Wildfire leaned back and allowed himself to fall off of the balcony. He rocketed down the face of the building, feeling the wind in his hair and against his scales. When he was about halfway down the building, he opened his wings to catch the rushing air. His descent slowed, and he started gliding, spiraling down. He swooped and soared in circles as the parking lot below got closer, before finally going in for a landing. He put his legs forward, then hit the ground at a jog. Wildfire's wings folded back against his back, and he walked into the front door of the building into the lobby.
Simply rolling his eyes and giving a slight chuckle, Mordecai stood up from the couch and followed Ryan to the elevator, wallet in hand. "Never understood why many kaiju liked to do that. Oh well." he said to Ryan.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 am "Good. You can hear me then." Lightfoot nods approvingly, rolling Tigress into the recovery position as she coughs and making sure her airway is clear.
The Raksasi's frozen form remains practically motionless for another moment, breath freezing once more as the Ruin restricts her. Then the doctor's shout rings out. With jagged, almost unnatural movements Tigress lunges awkwardly to her feet, swaying in her stance with her head hung and stance basically propping her upright in lieu of any actual balance. With what remains in her lungs she looses a hoarse, wordless shout, giving a gradual start to the cracking noises that accompany her Shifting. Though the normally rapid speed is greatly inhibited by both her pool rigidity and the Ruin's detriment, she does eventually retake her full size, complete with a deep gasp and near immediate collapse onto her knees.

Her first reaction is to search for Mist - her attention sweeps across the ground until she notices his field off in the distance, his look of mild concern completely invisible from range. Still, the sight of him moving and calmed is enough to stave off immediate panic, so she returns to testing her own ability. Several more coughs interrupt any attempt at communication before the 'Rogue' finally responds "W-hugh- Well... aren't we just... FULL of surprises?", her gaze locked on the ground until she stands again. With a quick stretch upwards, her movements once more fluid and (semi-)graceful, she looks to the crowd and solemnly adds "Three near-death experiences in... maybe two hours?" Tigress takes a deep breath, running her hands over her head and brushing back her ears before suddenly breaking into a fit of laughter. "Are haan, feels like home!"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian watched in concern at first, then in something approaching relief and amusement as Tigress reacted to the Doctor's ministrations. "I think your mother's going to enjoy it here, Mist. Not sure if that's good or bad," he finished.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg shifted away so that Lightfoot had space to work, though he kept a worried eye on the Rakshasi. He shifts anxiously from one foot to another as the doctor tends to her. Giving an excited start after watching her move again doesn't stop his nervous shifting, but it doesn't pull his ears up off of his shoulders where they had been. Once the doctor pricks her finger and everyone's moved back he watches intently at the prone figure. As Tigress stands up Gregg breathes a sigh of relief, very glad to have not killed anyone today, though the speed of her transformation does give him some pause; however once she starts speaking again, he finally realizes that all is well yet again. "S-S-She seems a little too comfortable with the idea of three near death experiences in a fewer amount of hours. Also feels like home... How interesting..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Lightfoot's left head says as the hare approaches Tigress once she's fully shifted and on her paws.
"Just keep taking deep breaths for me, maybe cough a few times, okay? We want to get all that gas out of you." he instructs.
"Can I just check your pulse, please, Tigress?" the middle head asks. "I'll just need to hold your paw for a few seconds while I put my fingers on your wrist. Nothing scary. Colonel, can you time fifteen seconds for me, please?" the doctor stops beside the rakshasa and holds out his paw but makes no move to actually touch her, remembering her reactions from his previous examination in his office.

~~~~~~~~
"If you had wings, wouldn't you want to use them?" Ryan asks simply as the elevator doors shut and the car begins its descent.
"You know, I didn't really make it clear before, but the fingerprint scanner in the call button isn't just for showing off, just by the way. You have to remember that this lift is mine and Ted's front door so the scanner is our equivalent of a key. Without it, anyone could just walk into our apartment unannounced. Which would suck and could be dangerous." the otter points out.
"Anyway, here we are. I bet Wildfire's already eaten half the pizza." he jokes as the car slows to a stop and the doors open.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:55 am "If you had wings, wouldn't you want to use them?" Ryan asks simply as the elevator doors shut and the car begins its descent.
"You know, I didn't really make it clear before, but the fingerprint scanner in the call button isn't just for showing off, just by the way. You have to remember that this lift is mine and Ted's front door so the scanner is our equivalent of a key. Without it, anyone could just walk into our apartment unannounced. Which would suck and could be dangerous." the otter points out.
"Anyway, here we are. I bet Wildfire's already eaten half the pizza." he jokes as the car slows to a stop and the doors open.
"If I had wings, I wouldn't be a Tikbalang; I'd be a Pegasus," Mordecai replied surprisingly serious in tone as he followed Ryan out the doors, "And I hope he hasn't. I haven't eat much all day and I've been in the mood for some proper food."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:10 am "If I had wings, I wouldn't be a Tikbalang; I'd be a Pegasus," Mordecai replied surprisingly serious in tone as he followed Ryan out the doors, "And I hope he hasn't. I haven't eat much all day and I've been in the mood for some proper food."
"If you wanted proper food then why did you order Dominos?" Ryan quips immediately, scanning the lobby in search of Wildfire and the delivery person.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 am "If you wanted proper food then why did you order Dominos?" Ryan quips immediately, scanning the lobby in search of Wildfire and the delivery person.
Mordecai just shot a 'really?' look at Ryan, tempted to smack him in the head for that comment but deciding not to as he'd probably knock him out. Instead, he just snorted some air out and headed over to where the delivery person was waiting, handing him the cash along with a pretty nice sized tip before taking the food from them and looking over at Ryan and Wildfire, "Shall we head back up?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:09 am Julian watched in concern at first, then in something approaching relief and amusement as Tigress reacted to the Doctor's ministrations. "I think your mother's going to enjoy it here, Mist. Not sure if that's good or bad," he finished.
The shadow being quickly leans down to snatch something off the ground, pushing himself upright to call back to Julian with an air of annoyance. "And yet it took months to get her to allow this as a birthday present." Mist gives a quick shake of his head, once more making his way to the group of Kaiju.

Tigress's excited smile dips immediately, a subtly hurt expression on her face. "Look Mist, I don't think I'm out of line in saying a seventeen-year-old shouldn't be in this city's new pet army. I can get behind bloodlust, but getting killed for a city that hates you seems stupid." His stance flickers, any form of expression buried under the darkness, but the surprise and defensive nature to it is clear. Tigress watches him silently struggle between a loyal rebuttal or a direct personal attack, but the moment passes in silence.
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:55 am "I'm glad you're feeling better." Lightfoot's left head says as the hare approaches Tigress once she's fully shifted and on her paws.
"Just keep taking deep breaths for me, maybe cough a few times, okay? We want to get all that gas out of you." he instructs.
"Can I just check your pulse, please, Tigress?" the middle head asks. "I'll just need to hold your paw for a few seconds while I put my fingers on your wrist. Nothing scary. Colonel, can you time fifteen seconds for me, please?" the doctor stops beside the rakshasa and holds out his paw but makes no move to actually touch her, remembering her reactions from his previous examination in his office.
Both ears flick back as the doctor comes near with her head following soon after. His questions are met with only a lost expression at first, then a shrug as she holds the right hand out. Tigress turns her head to the other side, inhaling quickly only to pause and begin a soft coughing fit. While the coughs have a deeper raspiness to the sound, nothing else escapes from her coat or exhalations. With a shrug she answers "Eh, it'll probably come out when I shift down." A beat passes before her attention snaps back to the doctor's treatment, sudden gratitude to her voice. "Oh, good work with that whole... event, though. The needle and everything. Quick thinking."
Deske wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 am Gregg shifted away so that Lightfoot had space to work, though he kept a worried eye on the Rakshasi. He shifts anxiously from one foot to another as the doctor tends to her. Giving an excited start after watching her move again doesn't stop his nervous shifting, but it doesn't pull his ears up off of his shoulders where they had been. Once the doctor pricks her finger and everyone's moved back he watches intently at the prone figure. As Tigress stands up Gregg breathes a sigh of relief, very glad to have not killed anyone today, though the speed of her transformation does give him some pause; however once she starts speaking again, he finally realizes that all is well yet again. "S-S-She seems a little too comfortable with the idea of three near death experiences in a fewer amount of hours. Also feels like home... How interesting..."
As Mist finally finishes his approach, tossing his mother's retrieved outfit to the ground at her feet, he catches the tail end of Gregg's musings. In a deliberately hushed tone he replies "She has thousands of stories about life in the clan." Mist gives a single laugh, a note of sarcasm to his remarks. "You should ask what her favorite part of Crater City is later. She always says there's only one reason she prefers it over the clan."
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can't say I think the city hates us, Tigress," Julian said when he got the chance. "Like myself it fears us because of what we can do. Often what we do do. It's courage to stand and say 'what I can do isn't what I will do'. That's what he's doing." He sighed lightly. "Glad you're O.K., by the way."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"S-S-Sounds interesting. I'm sure there'll have to be some sort of mental preparation for her reasoning," Gregg chuckles as he moved closer to Tigress. "U-U-Uh, sorry about that..." He begins, looking everywhere except directly at her. "D-D-Didn't know that would happen since it usually doesn't with other people, or sentient creatures for that matter..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am Mordecai just shot a 'really?' look at Ryan, tempted to smack him in the head for that comment but deciding not to as he'd probably knock him out. Instead, he just snorted some air out and headed over to where the delivery person was waiting, handing him the cash along with a pretty nice sized tip before taking the food from them and looking over at Ryan and Wildfire, "Shall we head back up?"
Wildfire, realizing that he really wasn't needed down here after all, decided to give the delivery driver a massive tip so he didn't feel silly for coming down. He handed a $50 bill to the driver, then started stepping back out of the lobby and into the open air. "See you guys up top!" Wildfire said to Ryan and Mordecai. He squatted down outside, folding his wings tight against his side, then jumped. He rocketed skyward, then opened his wings and beat them down to get more height.

-----------------------------

"Now that everything has calmed down..." Heather started saying from her position atop one of the fake skyscrapers. "Does anyone know what exactly happened?"
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:49 pm "Can't say I think the city hates us, Tigress," Julian said when he got the chance. "Like myself it fears us because of what we can do. Often what we do do. It's courage to stand and say 'what I can do isn't what I will do'. That's what he's doing." He sighed lightly. "Glad you're O.K., by the way."
With a dismissive wave Tigress retorts "Then I don't want my son dying for a city I hate.", a moment passing before the kind sentiment reaches her. It disarms her, leaving only a quizzical expression for a final response.
Deske wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:26 pm "S-S-Sounds interesting. I'm sure there'll have to be some sort of mental preparation for her reasoning," Gregg chuckles as he moved closer to Tigress. "U-U-Uh, sorry about that..." He begins, looking everywhere except directly at her. "D-D-Didn't know that would happen since it usually doesn't with other people, or sentient creatures for that matter..."
Gregg's approach distracts the Raksasi from her confusion, though the curiosity doesn't fade until he finishes speaking. Her gaze sharpens suddenly, fangs flashing as she crouches down somewhat and growls her reply. "Wolfman, you look me in the <^^|^^> eyes and listen close. You managed a painless victory against a mighty Yasal warrior who's been undefeated for the last twenty or so years, so do me a favor and show some pride in that fact." One soft laugh escapes her as the fake grimace turns to a subtle grin. "Sure, I'm not a fan of the way you did it, but that just means I have something worth training against. So celebrate while you can!" She commands eagerly, a challenging smile and a quick poke at his chest given before she stands back to her full height.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:26 pm "Now that everything has calmed down..." Heather started saying from her position atop one of the fake skyscrapers. "Does anyone know what exactly happened?"
There's a shared glance between the family members as Tigress tries to get Mist into the conversation, but he responds with a confused shrug. With the portal's dislocation, he'd been far from the action when Tigress fell and didn't see much throughout. Other than a small groan, she's compliant, and Mist's attention is locked on her throughout her quick analysis. "Basically Gregg here is the perfect counter to my powers. I can't fight at range without energy, and his smoke thing is Ruin." She gives Mist another glance to check for a sign of success and he quickly adds in his own information, automatically reaching for the notebook in the vest he isn't wearing.

"Mom's a Shield-class Yaksas, so her Aura pools - the collection of stored energy in her control - are very quick to absorb surrounding energy. She can choose to open them to release it back as a weapon, but since she doesn't make extra energy naturally it isn't a reliable power. Every time she shifts up she loses her stored energy as the pools restructure to grow, and when she shifts down she loses the excess physical Ruin energy as a roundabout form of healing. So... he got you shifted down?" Mist asks, getting a quick nod in response. "So it would've been absorbed at a far more rapid rate than any other Auric being, Kaiju or otherwise. But since you were shifted down, your Life pool was smaller, and with Ruin being the Void counter of Life energy it turned your Life into Void, which... would've faded away over the next few minutes until the remaining Ruin killed you on the spot."

"Any questions?" Tigress chirps back to the commander. "Even at that size it'd take a good bit more to take me out, don't worry. The stars are just against me today. That stuff probably would've blown away before the Void in my pool unlocked anyway."
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"U-U-Uh, alright... I guess I can take some pride in that," Gregg says, as his initial shock at nearly killing her wore off. "I-I-I'll try to keep my tactics up to date with your training so I don't lag too far behind," he said, doing his best at a grin. Quieting down as she continued, his ears flicked forwards as his attention shifted towards hers and Mist's explanations. "S-S-Soo... I essentially replaced your life essence with...death. I guess that would make sense. Also makes sense that nonliving or dead things crumble away." Gregg pauses. "Am I just slowly killing people?" He asks himself, though by his tone it's unclear whether it's out of curiosity or concern.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 pm Both ears flick back as the doctor comes near with her head following soon after. His questions are met with only a lost expression at first, then a shrug as she holds the right hand out. Tigress turns her head to the other side, inhaling quickly only to pause and begin a soft coughing fit. While the coughs have a deeper raspiness to the sound, nothing else escapes from her coat or exhalations. With a shrug she answers "Eh, it'll probably come out when I shift down." A beat passes before her attention snaps back to the doctor's treatment, sudden gratitude to her voice. "Oh, good work with that whole... event, though. The needle and everything. Quick thinking."
"Thanks. That's high praise coming from you." Lightfoot says, releasing the rakshasi's paw.
"Well, your heart feels steady and your pulse is normal. As long as you're feeling okay and you feel like you're breathing normally I think you'll be okay. Do come and see me if anything changes for the worse though." the doctor instructs.

~~~~~~~~
Ryan giggles as he follows the tikbalang to the delivery guy. After pizza and money are exchanged, he leads the way back into the elevator.
"What's your favourite food then, Mordecai?" the otter asks as the lift ascends.
"What's the dish you always order at a restaurant or you always like cooking for yourself?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:28 am Ryan giggles as he follows the tikbalang to the delivery guy. After pizza and money are exchanged, he leads the way back into the elevator.
"What's your favourite food then, Mordecai?" the otter asks as the lift ascends.
"What's the dish you always order at a restaurant or you always like cooking for yourself?"
"I'm not really a fancy eater," he replied, "If I'm at a restaurant, I usually just order a burger and fries; was never big on steak or ribs or the like. I understand alot of people like ordering the fanciest of meals when they go out but that's not me. As for cooking, it really depends of my mood. Sometimes I'll do something that takes work or I'll do something simple like a sandwich or mac & cheese. Favorite food, however? Eh, really don't have one."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Wildfire has already landed on the balcony of Ryan's penthouse and is sitting in the living room, waiting for the other two to arrive.

------------------------------------------

"You all did well for a first go, but I think we should stop there for now." Heather announced. "Gregg, until we know more about how that power of yours works, I don't want you in any training matches against Tigress or Mist. It's too much to risk on basic training." She called out to Gregg before moving on to the others.

"Mist, you did well. You utilized your understanding of your mother's powers to some good effect. I can tell this wasn't the first time you've been in a fight, and I could tell you were focused. There is still room to grow. Well... metaphorically speaking."

"Tigress, shifting down was a clever move, but it was also a gamble. Had this been real, I would have been in a position to hit you with all sorts of attacks from these buildings. Regardless, you did well too. You have permission to knock over one of the fake buildings here. We'll chalk it up to damage caused during training and it'll be repaired by tomorrow."

"Julian, it's starting to get late. I'd best get you back to the city, or you'll be late. Once the training becomes official, I will expect you to participate. You need to learn how to defend the city, even if you'll mostly be doing civilian outreach."

"Finally, doctor. Is everyone fit to leave, or do you want to have Tigress or the others come back to the office to make sure everything's in order?"
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:28 am "Thanks. That's high praise coming from you." Lightfoot says, releasing the rakshasi's paw.
"Well, your heart feels steady and your pulse is normal. As long as you're feeling okay and you feel like you're breathing normally I think you'll be okay. Do come and see me if anything changes for the worse though." the doctor instructs.

Tigress gives a nod and a thumbs-up with the analyzed hand, opening and closing it in a fist automatically. "I can do that." She affirms nonchalantly, all concern long dissipated.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:36 pm "Mist, you did well. You utilized your understanding of your mother's powers to some good effect. I can tell this wasn't the first time you've been in a fight, and I could tell you were focused. There is still room to grow. Well... metaphorically speaking."
The mini-mage snaps from his thoughts as he's called upon, listening with a soft frown. The note at the end pushes the edge of a grimace for a moment before he catches himself and replaces it with a dry smile. "I expected as much. Some tailored practice would be a welcome change." The line concludes with a small smirk before the choking darkness begins to spread fully across his coat. A moment after the conversion is complete a shape rises from the beast's shadow, the formless blob rapidly sharpening into a barely distinguishable, yet familiar, silhouette. Once the shadow's form is complete the dark Raksasa's glowing red eyes rapidly begin to dim, and as they fall to nothing the darkness follows suit. The entire being fractures into numerous wisps of shadow, slowly falling and evaporating in the ambient light and revealing the hollow nature of Mist's unconscious misdirection. With the shade cast by it vanishing rapidly Mist covers his eyes, the light burning away his cloak and revealing his previous attire and normal Tux pattern, the only change being the lacerations across his chest - now hidden by his suit and vest. Dusting off the remaining vestiges of his energy painted across his fur and clothes, Mist begins to walk back towards the team's truck.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:36 pm "Tigress, shifting down was a clever move, but it was also a gamble. Had this been real, I would have been in a position to hit you with all sorts of attacks from these buildings. Regardless, you did well too. You have permission to knock over one of the fake buildings here. We'll chalk it up to damage caused during training and it'll be repaired by tomorrow."
Tigress opens her mouth as if to respond, then immediately shuts her mouth. In one continuous motion, she leaps towards a building on the outer edge, recovering with a feint backward before throwing her full body into a left hook that sprays rubble into the field opposite the town. After a moment taken to appreciate the distance the shrapnel flew (and the shooting pain that accompanies simply punching through buildings intended to be Kaiju-proof) she turns to give the group the sign of greeting and accompanying small bow, rapidly shrinking to her normal form. Once the accompanying noises and changes conclude she freezes still, holding her position before once more beginning to violently cough up the last of the hazardous fog. She manages to keep her feet throughout, and after roughly thirty seconds the fits have completely stopped, leaving her to complain "Gah. I'll never forget that taste." with a quick shake of her head. Quickly her outfit is retrieved, and once dressed she waits at the false town's edge, idly watching the remaining Kaiju and the half-wrecked structure with a proud smile.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, Colonel," Julian said, "and I do understand what you mean about the training. It'll be interesting, probably." After watching Tigress 'play', he walked over to her and slipped back down to normal size with a little relief. "Well, you got in some fun," he said, a whisper of a smile on his face, "and Mist was involved in beating you for the first time ever. Quite a day, eh?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg nodded. "That's fair, I guess," he said, barely holding back a sigh. He listens to Heather give her rundown of everyone else's performance, playfully sticking his tongue out at Mist when he makes his tailor joke before shooting a grin towards Tigress. "Well, according to the Colonel, you won't be getting any more of it any time soon. At least, not during any sanctioned training."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian heard Gregg coming closer and talking. "AND you found out people like talking with you, eh," he told Tigress. Now the grin was genuine.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:52 am "Thank you, Colonel," Julian said, "and I do understand what you mean about the training. It'll be interesting, probably." After watching Tigress 'play', he walked over to her and slipped back down to normal size with a little relief. "Well, you got in some fun," he said, a whisper of a smile on his face, "and Mist was involved in beating you for the first time ever. Quite a day, eh?"
The feline's loose attention snaps back into focus as Julian begins to speak at her, a quick shake of her head clearing the distractions away. She glances off towards Mist in the distance before responding, easily judging him as out of earshot. "Mmm. Some part of me said I should just go back to sleep this morning, and I should've listened. But you're right, it's been entertaining!" The momentarily solemn reply immediately switches back into the energized tone with no transition, completely unbothered by the disjunction. "Sounds like we're wrapping up though, and I think we both have other things to do still tonight."
Deske wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:22 am Gregg nodded. "That's fair, I guess," he said, barely holding back a sigh. He listens to Heather give her rundown of everyone else's performance, playfully sticking his tongue out at Mist when he makes his tailor joke before shooting a grin towards Tigress. "Well, according to the Colonel, you won't be getting any more of it any time soon. At least, not during any sanctioned training."
"I'll survive." Tigress shakes her head in disgust, adding "It was like soggy rotten meat. Eugh. But that won't save you for long, Gregg. They aren't letting you walk anytime soon, so you had better prepare for the day we cross claws again!" with a deliberate (if novice) theatrically villainous tone.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:34 am Julian heard Gregg coming closer and talking. "AND you found out people like talking with you, eh," he told Tigress. Now the grin was genuine.
A quick scoff precedes "Yeah, you two need friends that aren't work friends. Set some higher standards." Despite the derisive tone, there's a hint of guarded pride in her stance that she herself doesn't notice.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The doctor Shifts back down into his disguised form with the others. Stripping off the gloves, he pulls a notepad out from his bag and makes a note as Tigress describes the taste of Gregg's gas. He looks up from packing everything away as the Colonel addresses the crowd.

"I'm fine with everyone leaving if they're all feeling fit and healthy. Tigress, just make sure you take it easy for the rest of the day in case there are any side effects of the gas. You might have noticed we don't know much about how it works yet. Mist, keep an eye on your mum for me, will you? Somehow I don't think she's the type to follow directions well." Ted grins, clapping the tuxedo cat on the shoulder, and then rummaging in his bag again.

"Oh, before I forget, here's my card for each of you if you didn't already get one back at the clinic. There aren't many Kaiju doctors in this city, surprisingly, so if any of you need medical care in a Kaiju-safe environment feel free to call me and make an appointment. Also that phone number automatically redirects to our clinic's mobile phone after hours, so feel free to call at any time if it's an emergency. Alternatively, if you have an emergency here on the base, tell any staff member that you need three rabbits. That's a code phrase and if you tell them that they'll escort you straight to the clinic, no questions asked. This also applies if you're off the base and you present yourself at the gates."

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, fair enough. That's not a bad way to be. Although I never really considered steaks fancy, other than Kobe beef or Florentine Steak. Usually steak is dead easy, just whack it in a pan or on the grill with a bit of salt and pepper." Ryan opines as the car stops and the door opens.
"Honey, we're home!" he jokingly calls to Wildfire as he spots the dragon on the couch. He drops his wallet on the bench and the movement causes his jacket to slip from the back of the stool onto the floor. He picks it up and hangs it on the stool again, but fails to notice the small box that falls from an inner pocket as he lifts it. He grabs a stack of plates and a pawful of napkins and follows the tikbalang to the coffee table in the living room.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Following close behind Ryan, Mordecai brought the food to the living room and placed it on the coffee table before walking over to the counter to put his wallet there. He, however, did notice the small box on the floor near Ryan's jacket. Thinking it was something of importance, Mordecai simply picked up the box and places it into the jacket's side pocket before making his way back and plopping down onto the couch. "Smells good," he quips as he opened the box up and grabbed a slice, taking a nice sized bite out of it, "Tastes good too. Honestly much better than that sea-food place, if I may be honest."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ha!" Gregg laughs, just as theatrically, "You couldn't touch me this time, what makes you think you'll be able to touch me next time," he says playfully, reaching through a portal and waving a disembodied hand at her just out of her reach before it vanishes. "I do look forward to it though," he adds. He swings his head to look at the doctor, "Doc I'll make sure to call you when she inevitably decks me in the face."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Alright then." Heather said, pinging the cleanup crew before addressing the others. "Time to head back to the truck. I'll take you all back to the town. You can stay there and explore while I take Julian to the city, or you can come with us and I'll drop you off at your homes." she said to everyone. "Though I suggest staying in the Kaiju town and getting familiar with it for a bit, it's your choice."

--------------------------------

Wildfire moved to grab a plate full of pizza when he noticed the small box. He moved to pick it up, but Mordecai got to it first. "Try not to lose that again. If it's what I think it is, congratulations!" He broke from Ryan and grabbed himself a few slices of pizza, popping one into his mouth whole.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:30 am The doctor Shifts back down into his disguised form with the others. Stripping off the gloves, he pulls a notepad out from his bag and makes a note as Tigress describes the taste of Gregg's gas. He looks up from packing everything away as the Colonel addresses the crowd.

"I'm fine with everyone leaving if they're all feeling fit and healthy. Tigress, just make sure you take it easy for the rest of the day in case there are any side effects of the gas. You might have noticed we don't know much about how it works yet. Mist, keep an eye on your mum for me, will you? Somehow I don't think she's the type to follow directions well." Ted grins, clapping the tuxedo cat on the shoulder, and then rummaging in his bag again.
Mist, who had split off immediately in an attempt to get to his packaged meal, comes to a quick stop as his name is called. With a quick pivot he faces the doctor, a note of embarrassment at being called out buried quickly. "O-ah, not really. But I will. Thanks!" The unexpected contact clearly jars the flighty youth, but his recovery is near-instant and laughed off as though his flinch had been a mere coincidence.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:30 am "Oh, before I forget, here's my card for each of you if you didn't already get one back at the clinic. There aren't many Kaiju doctors in this city, surprisingly, so if any of you need medical care in a Kaiju-safe environment feel free to call me and make an appointment. Also that phone number automatically redirects to our clinic's mobile phone after hours, so feel free to call at any time if it's an emergency. Alternatively, if you have an emergency here on the base, tell any staff member that you need three rabbits. That's a code phrase and if you tell them that they'll escort you straight to the clinic, no questions asked. This also applies if you're off the base and you present yourself at the gates."
Tigress stares at the card as though she were actually reading it for several seconds, puzzling through what the doctor announced. She's perfectly still (excluding the violent flicks of her tail) for several seconds before she finally looks up at the hare. "But you said you aren't a rabbit." Her quizzical expression turns partially mischievous, as though she'd managed to expose a lie on the doctor's part.
Deske wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:35 pm "Ha!" Gregg laughs, just as theatrically, "You couldn't touch me this time, what makes you think you'll be able to touch me next time," he says playfully, reaching through a portal and waving a disembodied hand at her just out of her reach before it vanishes. "I do look forward to it though," he adds. He swings his head to look at the doctor, "Doc I'll make sure to call you when she inevitably decks me in the face."
The entire train of thought is immediately derailed to address the floating hand, an automatic switch in stance pushing her weight further down and back - in preparation for a pouncing strike - before she recognizes Gregg's taunts amidst the threat and cools back down. His performance draws a short burst of laughter from her, with his follow-up comment to the doctor adding a short repeat. "Ah, you'll be fine Gregg. I haven't put someone in the hospital since the last PTA meeting!" While her intent is a joke there's a moment of honest concern in her son, evident from the shocked stare he gives her. Her beaming smile and soft laughter eventually convince him it's not an actual report, but a slight unease stays with him.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:57 pm "Alright then." Heather said, pinging the cleanup crew before addressing the others. "Time to head back to the truck. I'll take you all back to the town. You can stay there and explore while I take Julian to the city, or you can come with us and I'll drop you off at your homes." she said to everyone. "Though I suggest staying in the Kaiju town and getting familiar with it for a bit, it's your choice."
"Well, I really need to get to my bike before someone else does. Most of my stuff is in there. Can we get dropped off back there? At that point I'll just drive us home."

There's a pause in her conversation as Mist closes the small distance between himself and the group, adding a sudden "Hold on, I don't want to go yet. I want to look around some more." with a defensive tone, clearly expecting a conflict in response. This isn't helped by Tigress's frown, which shifts through a number of subtle dissensions before she manages to reply. Again, she directs her question to Heather.

"Let me make sure I get this. You're dropping Julian off, then we're all going to our homes later tonight? Or are you suggesting some of us spend the night here?" Her gaze snaps to Mist as she immediately adds "Because there's no chance you're staying in a whole other town from me overnight. Zero." Though the response is blatantly negative, it's clear Mist hears what's unsaid as he tries to bite back an eager smile, his hat twitching slightly atop his pinned ears.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian bowed theatrically to the Hare as he took one of the cards. "A number I hope I never need to call," he said. "Which probably means I'll call it in the next forty-eight hours." He straightened up and looked at the Colonel. "Does this mean I get to call shotgun," he asked, jabbing the card into a pocket and almost pushing his pants down. He corrected his error.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'm sure I'll be fine," Gregg says with a chuckle, "As long as I keep all necessary fluids inside of me I don't think there will be any lasting damage that Doc can't fix." He turns to the rest of the group, "One of you wouldn't happen to have the time would you? I left my watch at the shop today."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:41 pm "Well, I really need to get to my bike before someone else does. Most of my stuff is in there. Can we get dropped off back there? At that point I'll just drive us home."

There's a pause in her conversation as Mist closes the small distance between himself and the group, adding a sudden "Hold on, I don't want to go yet. I want to look around some more." with a defensive tone, clearly expecting a conflict in response. This isn't helped by Tigress's frown, which shifts through a number of subtle dissensions before she manages to reply. Again, she directs her question to Heather.

"Let me make sure I get this. You're dropping Julian off, then we're all going to our homes later tonight? Or are you suggesting some of us spend the night here?" Her gaze snaps to Mist as she immediately adds "Because there's no chance you're staying in a whole other town from me overnight. Zero." Though the response is blatantly negative, it's clear Mist hears what's unsaid as he tries to bite back an eager smile, his hat twitching slightly atop his pinned ears.
"It's up to you." Heather said as she waited by the truck. "Though I would suggest you spend the night in the Kaiju village at least once before your positions in the KDF are finalized. It will let you get to know the town's layout, facilities, and people better. Not to mention, it's a lot safer here than it is in the city." Heather suggested. "I can pick up your bike on my way back from dropping Julian off, or I could take you to the bike and you can ride it back here."
Deske wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:48 am "I'm sure I'll be fine," Gregg says with a chuckle, "As long as I keep all necessary fluids inside of me I don't think there will be any lasting damage that Doc can't fix." He turns to the rest of the group, "One of you wouldn't happen to have the time would you? I left my watch at the shop today."
"About five thirty." Heather answered.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:20 am Julian bowed theatrically to the Hare as he took one of the cards. "A number I hope I never need to call," he said. "Which probably means I'll call it in the next forty-eight hours." He straightened up and looked at the Colonel. "Does this mean I get to call shotgun," he asked, jabbing the card into a pocket and almost pushing his pants down. He corrected his error.
"You're an adult. I don't care what seat you take so long as it's not the driver's seat." Heather shrugged.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ryan smiles shyly.
"Thanks. Maybe a little premature but thanks. Not. A. Word. To Ted though. It's gotta be a surprise for him."

~~~~~~~~
DdeeStar wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:41 pm
Tigress stares at the card as though she were actually reading it for several seconds, puzzling through what the doctor announced. She's perfectly still (excluding the violent flicks of her tail) for several seconds before she finally looks up at the hare. "But you said you aren't a rabbit." Her quizzical expression turns partially mischievous, as though she'd managed to expose a lie on the doctor's part.
Ted grins and wags a playful finger at the Rakshasa.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:33 pm "About five thirty." Heather answered.
"Wait, it's five thirty already?" Ted asks, sounding surprised as he fishes out his pocket watch.
"Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. I might have to get those reports to you tomorrow instead of tonight, Colonel." he apologises, snapping his watch shut.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:33 pm "It's up to you." Heather said as she waited by the truck. "Though I would suggest you spend the night in the Kaiju village at least once before your positions in the KDF are finalized. It will let you get to know the town's layout, facilities, and people better. Not to mention, it's a lot safer here than it is in the city." Heather suggested. "I can pick up your bike on my way back from dropping Julian off, or I could take you to the bike and you can ride it back here."
Tigress drums her fingers lightly against her cheek as she considers her options, no small amount of concern in her grimace as she silently stares past Heather. Her mouth opens for a moment as she plans, closing again with nothing more than a frustrated lash of her tail. Mist's patience lasts for a few quiet moments before he carefully adds "Look, no one knows I'm here except us. Even if someone cared they've lost us by now. I'm basically a ghost, and once the sun sets they'll need infrared to spot me."

His soft smile doesn't push any improvement in her disposition, and her sudden focus on Heather is hard to miss. It's shaken off after a moment, and the Raksasi grabs Mist's leftovers before addressing him, handing him an item from within the take-out box. His attention goes immediately to the object, but she conceals it under her palm until he meets her gaze. "We don't know who knows what, Mist. But... our apartment might be worse. And I guess this is happening whether I like it or not now. You've got a phone, if anything happens call me right away. I'll get my bike and grab what we need for the night." The steak knife is placed in his hands, embarrassed shock on his face and a fierce determination on hers as she whispers in Yasal. "Don't trust anyone else to protect you."

"Where did you get this?" Mist asks immediately, holding the knife gingerly and as far away as he reasonably can.

The threatening tone vanishes instantly, a slight confusion evident. "The diner. It came with the meal."

"Mom, you- no. You can't just take the silverware, especially a knife. This..." He has to actively avoid looking over at Heather, who certainly wouldn't appreciate the theft. "They should still be open. Just... you know, try not to worry too much. It'll be fine! Just like the tickets that'll be waiting for you." His sly smile and nod towards the car signals the end of the interaction, and though Tigress clearly dislikes it she approaches the car without further distractions, pausing only to grab his cell off the seat and toss it to him. After a quick check it's put in his pocket alongside the steak knife. He gives a quick salute, his ears flicking back as he realizes that he's basically convinced her to abandon him in a town of stranger Kaiju for at least an hour. Immediately he makes to distract himself, looking back to Gregg. "You're heading out too, right? I'm sure you've got designs to work on or something. Saving a stitch in time means not wasting it around here, right?"
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Mmm, I think I'll explore the town for a bit and see how it goes. Travel's not really an obstacle if I want to go back so I figure why not." He says with a shrug. "Plus, I feel like it'd be a good idea to get to know some of the locals before I head out."